PDA

View Full Version : NY Giants private jet spotted at Jeffco Airport

BMarsh615
09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/aay8f6.jpg

Just heard about it on The Fan. A caller called in and said their Dad saw the plane and took the picture. The caller sent the picture to DMAC...

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/Channels/DMacAndOren/Story.aspx?ID=1135998

CHANGSTER
09-02-2009, 08:02 PM
They picking up Moss?

CHANGSTER
09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Or dropping off Hixon?

Whoa, wouldn't that be ****ed up. Bmarsh for Hixon straight up!

TonyR
09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Could Osi be involved?

Osi's walkout surely arises from contract frustration
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 9:46 PM ET

We've been somewhat amazed by the extent to which NFL observers have assumed that the recent one-day walkout staged by Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora had nothing to do with his contractual status, simply because he hasn't publicly expressed in the recent past dissatisfaction with his contract.

He didn't need to.

Umenyiora previously has made it clear that he wants a new deal. Though he vowed not to be a problem, he said he expected a new contract after the 2008 season.

"Winter time is when I think things would be taken care of," Umenyiora said in June 2008, according to the New York Daily News.

The fact that Umenyiora missed the entire season due to a knee injury likely has made the Giants leery about proceeding. But it likely hasn't made Umenyiora less interested in getting a new deal.

Regardless of things he has said over the past month.

Sure, Umenyiora tried to explain that last year's injury has given him perspective, and that he doesn't "even really think about [getting a new deal] anymore."

If he says that enough, he might eventually believe it.

A little.

"The only thing I know is if you constantly think about [getting more money] it'll never happen," Umenyiora said in early August. "So I tried to take my mind off it. I tried to focus on playing football. Even though you can't compare it to the contracts that are being handed out now, it's still a lot of money that I was given. I have enough money saved up where I don't really have to be pushing for a new contract."

Sorry, but we don't buy it. And the kind of rash, uncharacteristic behavior we recently saw from Umenyiora doesn't happen without some type of underlying frustration that bubbles to the surface under circumstances that otherwise would be seen as no big deal.

So, surely, the root of this most recent outburst is the fact that Umenyiora still wants that new contract. No matter how hard he tries to put it out of his mind, it's not going away.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/osis-walkout-surely-arises-from-contract-frustration/

Lev Vyvanse
09-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Or dropping off Hixon?

Whoa, wouldn't that be ****ed up. Bmarsh for Hixon straight up!

Yea that would be ****ed up and retarded.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Let the circus continue...

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Jesus. Why do people always make a big deal out of these stories?

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Could Osi be involved?

We've been somewhat amazed by the extent to which NFL observers have assumed that the recent one-day walkout staged by Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora had nothing to do with his contractual status, simply because he hasn't publicly expressed in the recent past dissatisfaction with his contract.

He didn't need to.

Umenyiora previously has made it clear that he wants a new deal. Though he vowed not to be a problem, he said he expected a new contract after the 2008 season.

"Winter time is when I think things would be taken care of," Umenyiora said in June 2008, according to the New York Daily News.

The fact that Umenyiora missed the entire season due to a knee injury likely has made the Giants leery about proceeding. But it likely hasn't made Umenyiora less interested in getting a new deal.

Sure, Umenyiora tried to explain that last year's injury has given him perspective, and that he doesn't "even really think about [getting a new deal] anymore."

A little.

"The only thing I know is if you constantly think about [getting more money] it'll never happen," Umenyiora said in early August. "So I tried to take my mind off it. I tried to focus on playing football. Even though you can't compare it to the contracts that are being handed out now, it's still a lot of money that I was given. I have enough money saved up where I don't really have to be pushing for a new contract."

Sorry, but we don't buy it. And the kind of rash, uncharacteristic behavior we recently saw from Umenyiora doesn't happen without some type of underlying frustration that bubbles to the surface under circumstances that otherwise would be seen as no big deal.

So, surely, the root of this most recent outburst is the fact that Umenyiora still wants that new contract. No matter how hard he tries to put it out of his mind, it's not going away.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/osis-walkout-surely-arises-from-contract-frustration/

I've been saying that for two days now. :)

Lev Vyvanse
09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Could Osi be involved?

He didn't need to.

A little.

Umenyiora is to small to play DE in our system.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm firing up the other Broncos message boards just in case ROFL!

TonyR
09-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Umenyiora is to small to play DE in our system.

You're right, only 260ish. I didn't realize he was that small. He'd have to play OLB in the 3-4.

BMarsh615
09-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Could Osi be involved?

That would be a waste. Dumervil looks good at OLB and we just spent a No. 1 pick on another OLB. McDaniels has done crazier things though.:D

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 08:13 PM
no guarantee thats DIA...though likely, where else are you gonna take a pic of their jet through a window

Punisher
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh its Brandon Marshall on that plane BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

broncosteven
09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Where is Apa when you need him?

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I thought the Jets wanted B-Marsh? ??? Maybe they changed the logo to throw us off. ;D

TheDave
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Brandom Marshall for Eli?

hey a guy can dream...

TheDave
09-02-2009, 08:19 PM

He was chassed off by TSI... just couldn't hang with his BS.

Bronkota
09-02-2009, 08:19 PM
LOL! This is the best web sight on the net. The drama never ends. Thank you Taco

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 08:23 PM
But wait, ESPN says it's the Jets??? ?

TheDave
09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
There is also the crazy posibility that this has nothing to do with Marshall.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
But wait, ESPN says it's the Jets??? ?

McD claims he won't be traded so....

Lev Vyvanse
09-02-2009, 08:26 PM

...expect a press release tonight.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
no guarantee thats DIA...though likely, where else are you gonna take a pic of their jet through a window
Supposedly it's Jeffco.

bowtown
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I thought the Jets wanted B-Marsh? ??? Maybe they changed the logo to throw us off. ;D

They share a jet. Everything about it says Giants, but when the Jets fly in it they call it Jets Airplane.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
yea i have no idea what jeffco is so i will assume a smaller airport surrounding denver...still though there really is no gaurantee that this is at a denver airport

Lev Vyvanse
09-02-2009, 08:31 PM
yea i have no idea what jeffco is so i will assume a smaller airport surrounding denver...still though there really is no gaurantee that this is at a denver airport

Jefferson county. West of town.

EDIT: Northwest

Elway's Pigeon Toes
09-02-2009, 08:32 PM

It looks like the front range by the nose of the plane.

tnedator
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM

Maybe they share more than a stadium....

orinjkrush
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
please, G*d. Can we trade McDaniels for Coughlin. Or Hulk Hogan. Or Bozo.

tnedator
09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
And, if it is Jeffco, then that pretty much kills all the people calling/texting 104.3 about Brandon being at DIA.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
And, if it is Jeffco, then that pretty much kills all the people calling/texting 104.3 about Brandon being at DIA.

Got this from BM:

Mike Evans on 104.3 "the fan" just reported that Marshall is on a plane headed for New York...

More details to come.

BroncoSojia was the first to report it didn't say anything about which air port but I'm not listening to 104.3 so I don't know whats being said.

Gcver2ver3
09-02-2009, 08:42 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/aay8f6.jpg

Just heard about it on The Fan. A caller called in and said their Dad saw the plane and took the picture. The caller sent the picture to DMAC...

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/Channels/DMacAndOren/Story.aspx?ID=1135998

hard to be discreet with that big ole giants logo on the tailwing ain't it?...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 08:55 PM
They share a jet. Everything about it says Giants, but when the Jets fly in it they call it Jets Airplane.

REP.

I L'd. OL.

Hard. Hilarious!

elsid13
09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
There is also the crazy posibility that this has nothing to do with Marshall.

Shh I don't want anyone to know that I help engineer Anubis off the team. We are getting big money kicking for the NJ Generals.

atomicbloke
09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
since BM is suspended.... maybe he is just going to NYC for vacation.... or visitingg a relative... friend?

and maybe Jim Mara is just visiting Aspen or Vail for the Labor day weekend.... that could explain the plane at Jeffco airport....

I mean this may not have anything to do with trading BM....

bronco militia
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM

Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 08:58 PM
please, G*d. Can we trade McDaniels for Coughlin. Or Hulk Hogan. Or Bozo.

Or Blinky. Or Butt-Head ;D

El Guapo
09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyone want to put an Orange Mane logo on this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eVeCCfKv8is/R2x9tlBUZKI/AAAAAAAACAA/raFX23LnS7M/s320/d52++tnt+logo.jpg

NFLBRONCO
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
104.3 The Fan is saying Marshall for Harris and a third.
Trade could go down on THurs

TheDave
09-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Shh I don't want anyone to know that I help engineer Anubis off the team. We are getting big money kicking for the NJ Generals.

[Supersecretmode: ON]

Sorry bro... mmm... The generals called.

the man failed the physical... something about too much suck and 0 ability to kick.

[Supersecretmode: OFF]

bronco militia
09-02-2009, 09:04 PM

dude...you should have started a new thread!!!!!!!!!:D

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM

No he didn't. He said there are no trade talks happening at this time but keep on making your point! It makes you look really cool! :thumbs:

NFLBRONCO
09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
dude...you should have started a new thread!!!!!!!!!:D

FAG j/k

theAPAOps5
09-02-2009, 09:06 PM

Do you know that the Redskins plane is regularly at Centennial Airport. I used to read too much into it but often the owners of these teams have business interests here in Denver or other things like vacation homes.

I stopped reporting these sightings a long time ago. I could literally call the FAN weekly with these sightings.

elsid13
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I am calling BS on this. First GangGreen message board isn't saying anything and you would think a media source in NYC would be reporting this to.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
No he didn't. He said there are no trade talks happening at this time but keep on making your point! It makes you look really cool! :thumbs:

“”There’s no discussions whatsoever between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall,” McDaniels said. “”We’re looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.”

I guess you can take those words however you want too, but I take them as we're looking forward to have Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
no freaking out UNTIL he is traded. at that point, freak out as you will because theres no reason to get rid of him now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 09:15 PM

My first thought was Marshall for Manningham and a first...

I don't see anyone on the Giants roster named "Harris"...

http://www.giants.com/team/giants_roster.asp

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
My first thought was Marshall for Manningham and a first...

I don't see anyone on the Giants roster named "Harris"...

http://www.giants.com/team/giants_roster.asp

Oh I see what you did there. You were talking about the Jets. My bad.

bfoflcommish
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM

which means it's entirely false!

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
no freaking out UNTIL he is traded. at that point, freak out as you will because theres no reason to get rid of him now.

I don't think anyone is freaking out. We are talking about a up coming trade. Its a exciting time to be a Broncos fan you should try and enjoy it.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
“”There’s no discussions whatsoever between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall,” McDaniels said. “”We’re looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.”

I guess you can take those words however you want too, but I take them as we're looking forward to have Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.

OK. You caught me. Didn't you know this means "We are not in talks with any teams about Brandon at this time." Isn't that the proper coach speak translation?

Just saw Schefter on ESPN and he said the Broncos and Jets have had no substantial trade talks and nobody in the NFL is calling. Seems like a lot about nothing... another ESPN/NFL Network bombshell!

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't think anyone is freaking out. We are talking about a up coming trade. Its a exciting time to be a Broncos fan you should try and enjoy it.

i enjoy it thoroughly ;)

picking out my 50th ann. jersey now.

NFLBRONCO
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh I see what you did there. You were talking about the Jets. My bad.

Sorry I messed you up I did not want to start another what if thread.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 09:41 PM
OK. You caught me. Didn't you know this means "We are not in talks with any teams about Brandon at this time." Isn't that the proper coach speak translation?

Just saw Schefter on ESPN and he said the Broncos and Jets have had no substantial trade talks and nobody in the NFL is calling. Seems like a lot about nothing... another ESPN/NFL Network bombshell!

Its a pretty strong statement, at the same time I do wonder how reports that Denver asked for Harris just started to fly around all of the sudden. I don't see why there is anything wrong with fans thinking if there's smoke there's fire though. You can call it jumping to conclusions I guess if you want too, I guess I'm not going to fall for the act a second time. Till the trade dead line comes and goes I think Marshall has a chance at getting traded this year. Its just my opinion.

OBF1
09-02-2009, 09:42 PM
As the mane turns.

NFLBRONCO
09-02-2009, 09:44 PM
which means it's entirely false!

Yep highly likely

Punisher
09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
We should trade Marshall for that plane,and then sell the plane,Use the money to buy out the remaining tickets to the Broncos Vs Chargers game for it won't be blacked out.

There ya go problem solved. Wait hold on how big is that plane?

Bronx33
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
For the love of god (when will it ever end)

watermock
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM

I'd call it more "frustrating."

Who knows, but my guess is Brandon will be traded for less than value soon. At least in my mind.

We don't want anyone mesin' with the "chemistry" we've developed.

Meck77
09-02-2009, 10:03 PM
For the love of god (when will it ever end)

When you stop logging in here dude. ;D

baja
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Let the circus continue...

OK as long as a third ring is involved, gotta have three rings to make it a ligit circus.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Its a pretty strong statement, at the same time I do wonder how reports that Denver asked for Harris just started to fly around all of the sudden. I don't see why there is anything wrong with fans thinking if there's smoke there's fire though. You can call it jumping to conclusions I guess if you want too, I guess I'm not going to fall for the act a second time. Till the trade dead line comes and goes I think Marshall has a chance at getting traded this year. Its just my opinion.

Fair enough. I jumped the gun a bit on your post.

baja
09-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Wouldn't be easier to just use the telephone???

Bigbroncdaddy75
09-02-2009, 10:28 PM
We should trade Marshall for that plane,and then sell the plane,Use the money to buy out the remaining tickets to the Broncos Vs Chargers game for it won't be blacked out.

There ya go problem solved. Wait hold on how big is that plane?

LMAO would be a wonderful trade until McDaniels trades it for another Patriot

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2009, 10:38 PM
If Marshall gets traded after what McDaniels said no one will EVER believe him again... EVER.

DomCasual
09-02-2009, 11:15 PM

I heard he's having lunch with Vic Lombardi, Josina, and Pat Bowlen.

BroncoMan4ever
09-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Brandom Marshall for Eli?

hey a guy can dream...

no thanks at 100 million dollars.(Peyton on the other hand, i would gladly deal for)

Los Broncos
09-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I can only hope Jacobs is on that plane coming to Denver.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2009, 12:01 AM
please, G*d. Can we trade McDaniels for Coughlin. Or Hulk Hogan.

I'd prefer the Ultimate Warrior, actually. He's alot more intimidating than Josh...which would be helpful in getting Brandon back in line.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/collector-revolution/public/uploads/24548/_43_Ultimate_Warrior.jpg

UberBroncoMan
09-03-2009, 12:01 AM
I can only hope Jacobs is on that plane coming to Denver.

If only Knowshon could have cut it with us.

Popps
09-03-2009, 12:21 AM
If Marshall gets traded after what McDaniels said no one will EVER believe him again... EVER.

He just said there were no discussions at that point, right?

Beyond that, honestly... what do you people want the guy to say?

He's said they'll continue to expect him at camp but that they never rule out a trade to help the team.

What the hell do people want this guy to say!?

Killericon
09-03-2009, 12:27 AM

As opposed to Mike Shanahan, who was nothing but up front and direct with the media and the public.

Popps
09-03-2009, 12:32 AM
As opposed to Mike Shanahan, who was nothing but up front and direct with the media and the public.

It's like someone went into these people's brains and selectively removed giant chunks of their memories.

Our previous coach was called "The Rat," for flip's sake. Dude was punished by the league for lying and well-known as a guy who would lie to his own mother if it helped him win a game.

Hey, Shanny was a great coach... but get the **** real. If his lips were moving, he was lying.

Now, we're suddenly all little babies that expect NFL coaches to tell us about trades before they happen?

Get the **** outta here.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2009, 12:37 AM

It's not so much misrepresenting to the media....I don't think anyone has a problem with that and I think people understand why that is often necessary in the NFL. The thing that makes people angry is the failure to manage a crisis effectively...and by effectively I mean finding a way to resolve it by keeping the player while not completely caving in, either. We're now going on two superstars that are going to depart here. That's 2 of our 3 best players on offense. I'm sorry, but that's a big deal, folks. Now, obviously, Josh does not bear the lion's share of the blame in the Marshall situation (although he is not completely without blame, either), but the key thing is that you've got to be able to manage it and defuse it. Chad Johnson has been wanting a big extension and/or a trade from Cincy for awhile now....not only have they managed to avoid the extension, but they've got him in there playing and it hasn't turned into a PR nightmare.

Josh's skills as a crisis manager are simply not that good...at least not yet. No one else is having these kind of problems and he needs to rethink his various approaches. Not everything is a dick measuring contest. This isn't high school.

DBroncos4life
09-03-2009, 12:37 AM
It's like someone went into these people's brains and selectively removed giant chunks of their memories.

Our previous coach was called "The Rat," for flip's sake. Dude was punished by the league for lying and well-known as a guy who would lie to his own mother if it helped him win a game.

Hey, Shanny was a great coach... but get the **** real. If his lips were moving, he was lying.

Now, we're suddenly all little babies that expect NFL coaches to tell us about trades before they happen?

Get the **** outta here.
I guess some coaches just have to go out an win over fans others should just have the world given to them.

Popps
09-03-2009, 12:48 AM
I guess some coaches just have to go out an win over fans others should just have the world given to them.

Not sure what that means.

Shanahan was a liar. A great, smart liar.

What's that have to do with a popularity contest?

DBroncos4life
09-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Not sure what that means.

Shanahan was a liar. A great, smart liar.

What's that have to do with a popularity contest?

Well I think it means that while Shanahan may have been a liar he has more then earned his the respect that he gets around here. Personally I don't recall anything like this happening to Mike. I do know that Portis went on the record talking about holding out and without any real warning his ass was shipped to Washington. I was around here around that time but I don't remember any leaks, denying or any of the he said they said crap that we find ourselves in now.

Lets say McD brings us a championship this year, he would get a pass and everyone would love him. That's how this works. Mike was great at things and he was bad at things but he is the greatest coach we have ever had in the Mile High City. McD is just getting started.

broncocalijohn
09-03-2009, 01:04 AM

That is one funny post.

DBroncos4life
09-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Pops I don't think he is doing anything wrong, I just find humor in the fact that he had to say the same thing two times in one off season. that has to be a record or something. :)

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 01:11 AM

Get the **** outta here.

That was his nickname because he LOOKED like a rat... dude was nearly identical to Master Splinter... wtf man? How do you not realize this?

Taco John
09-03-2009, 01:17 AM

Why would anybody believe him when he talks to the media in the first place? He's an NFL coach and his lips are moving. He's got a hand to play, and he'd be a fool to show his cards. Whether he tells the truth to the media or not is immaterial. What matters are results.

Of course, it's a double-edged sword - part of Josh's gambling nature. If the results are bad AND he lied to the media, he'll get the business. But if he lied the results are great, he'll be the big town hero.

I'm a big believer in the idiom, "where there is smoke, there is fire." Dove Valley is looking a little like Los Angeles at the moment.

Killericon
09-03-2009, 01:21 AM
It's not so much misrepresenting to the media....I don't think anyone has a problem with that and I think people understand why that is often necessary in the NFL. The thing that makes people angry is the failure to manage a crisis effectively...and by effectively I mean finding a way to resolve it by keeping the player while not completely caving in, either. We're now going on two superstars that are going to depart here. That's 2 of our 3 best players on offense. I'm sorry, but that's a big deal, folks. Now, obviously, Josh does not bear the lion's share of the blame in the Marshall situation (although he is not completely without blame, either), but the key thing is that you've got to be able to manage it and defuse it. Chad Johnson has been wanting a big extension and/or a trade from Cincy for awhile now....not only have they managed to avoid the extension, but they've got him in there playing and it hasn't turned into a PR nightmare.

Josh's skills as a crisis manager are simply not that good...at least not yet. No one else is having these kind of problems and he needs to rethink his various approaches. Not everything is a dick measuring contest. This isn't high school.

I wasn't disagreeing with any of that(Not that I don't), but he was making a point that after McDaniels said that nothing was happening with Marshall if he was to trade him, that people wouldn't believe him anymore. I personally don't believe anything that FO people say in the press because it is, whenever there is something going on, more often misleading than it is accurate. What if there were negotiations going on with the Jets? Do you think he'd talk about that to the press?

Popps
09-03-2009, 01:27 AM
That was his nickname because he LOOKED like a rat... dude was nearly identical to Master Splinter... wtf man? How do you not realize this?

Yea, I realize that... but it always seemed like the looks were just part of it.
Given his history, The Rat seemed like an appropriate thing for haters to call him. (i.e. Raiders fans who had their lunch money stolen for years.)

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Yea, I realize that... but it always seemed like the looks were just part of it.
Given his history, The Rat seemed like an appropriate thing for haters to call him. (i.e. Raiders fans who had their lunch money stolen for years.)

Sorry, no. The man was nothing if not upfront.

Would he dodge questions? Like a pro.

Would he half answer? Owns a gold medal in it.

But he also had a pair of balls unrivaled in modern sports.

Example: 2006 post game presser after a loss. Javon Walker comes out complains about not getting the ball enough to the media. Afterwards, Mike comes out, media brings up Javons comments, Mike explains that he feels that way because he's a competitor and that he's probably just beating himself up over dropping a couple 4th quarter balls that would've won the game.

Ha!

Anyways, just to prove the point:

Mike worked for Denver for over 20 years. I defy you to find more examples in two decades of him "lying" as I can in a half a year of off-season for Josh McDaniels. How about we play that game?

Taco John
09-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Sorry, no. The man was nothing if not upfront.

Would he dodge questions? Like a pro.

Would he half answer? Owns a gold medal in it.

But he also had a pair of balls unrivaled in modern sports.

Example: 2006 post game presser after a loss. Javon Walker comes out complains about not getting the ball enough to the media. Afterwards, Mike comes out, media brings up Javons comments, Mike explains that he feels that way because he's a competitor and that he's probably just beating himself up over dropping a couple 4th quarter balls that would've won the game.

Ha!

Anyways, just to prove the point:

Mike worked for Denver for over 20 years. I defy you to find more examples in two decades of him "lying" as I can in a half a year of off-season for Josh McDaniels. How about we play that game?

I don't remember Shanahan specifically lying about anything, but like you say - there was plenty of gamesmanship. The guy was a master communicator. He's a rare breed in that regard.

But if you look at what Josh is doing outside of the shadow of Shanahan (difficult, I know), he's not doing anything that other successful coaches don't do - Bill Belichick being the prime example (http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20040317/532211.html).

It's a gamble to lie though. Lying and wining makes you a sly genius. Lying and losing makes you a coordinator.

Vegas_Bronco
09-03-2009, 02:19 AM
You bunch of fn flamers quit calling him 'The Rat'. Leave the rat alone.

Killericon
09-03-2009, 02:20 AM
I cannot recall Shanahan lying in any particular circumstance, but it's not as if it's rare in pro sports. I expect it, personally.

Vegas_Bronco
09-03-2009, 02:34 AM
I cannot recall Shanahan lying in any particular circumstance, but it's not as if it's rare in pro sports. I expect it, personally.

so do these gentlemen:

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 02:35 AM
I don't remember Shanahan specifically lying about anything, but like you say - there was plenty of gamesmanship. The guy was a master communicator. He's a rare breed in that regard.

But if you look at what Josh is doing outside of the shadow of Shanahan (difficult, I know), he's not doing anything that other successful coaches don't do - Bill Belichick being the prime example (http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20040317/532211.html).

It's a gamble to lie though. Lying and wining makes you a sly genius. Lying and losing makes you a coordinator.

I could only wish that Josh were MORE like Belichick.

More like him in that after accepting the job here, hold a presser shortly after to resign and then join a rival team (just like Billy did with the Jets).

Popps
09-03-2009, 02:52 AM
S
Mike worked for Denver for over 20 years. I defy you to find more examples in two decades of him "lying"

Every injury report for his entire coaching tenure?

He was fined for manipulating/misrepresenting injuries, as I recall.

Every pre-draft interview for 14 years?

"Kavika Pittman is a Pro Bowl talent...."

Lie Detector-gate....

I mean, the BS never stopped!

Look, I love the guy... and you can call it "deceptive," but that's another word for lying, really.

If Mike Shanahan was the coach right now... and Brandon was holding out for more cash, Shanny would be reciting the same "we're not in talks" BS that Josh is pitching out there. It's standard-issue coach-speak.

McDaniels was fostered in an environment where the coaching staff believed that information was not to be given out freely, and clearly... it's been a winning environment. So, when he's in the midst of a ****-storm like Cutler or Marshall, I don't blame the guy for feeding the media whatever he thinks is the appropriate answer to get them off of his back. He doesn't owe the media anything.

Basically, he said we're not in talks.... but we never rule out improving the team.

Typical coach-speak.

watermock
09-03-2009, 02:55 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=24798&stc=1&d=1251966830

I can only WISH the FO could look that honest.

watermock
09-03-2009, 02:58 AM
If Mike Shanahan was the coach right now... and Brandon was holding out for more cash, Shanny would be reciting the same "we're not in talks" BS that Josh is pitching out there. It's standard-issue coach-speak.

Bullshiat.

Shanahan would open contract talks in the final year, if the player was wanted.

Honestly, I don't know where you come with this crap.

Instead, Beavis suspends him...

Beavis playing power trip AGAIN.

elsid13
09-03-2009, 03:40 AM
I think there is one major difference between Shanahan and McDaniels in how they communicate information and that is how they communicate with the players. Shanahan was brutally honest when them, it was reported over and over again by players stating that they always knew were they should with him. On the other hand I don't think McDaniels does that. McDaniels seems to follow the management model that better to keep the employee in the dark and gave them half truth when pressed.

baja
09-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I think there is one major difference between Shanahan and McDaniels in how they communicate information and that is how they communicate with the players. Shanahan was brutally honest when them, it was reported over and over again by players stating that they always knew were they should with him. On the other hand I don't think McDaniels does that. <b> McDaniels seems to follow the management model that better to keep the employee in the dark and gave them half truth when pressed.

You have no way to know that. McD seems to want to bring everything "Patriots" here and what we know about the pats is that free agents stand in line to play in NE so they must be treated in a professional manner one would think.

HEAV
09-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Plane with NY Giants logo in Denver apparently had nothing to do with Brandon Marshall
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

The plane with the Giants logo that has sparked an overnight Internet frenzy of rumors of an impending trade of Brandon Marshall to the Giants appears to have been making nothing more than a coincidental trip to Denver.

In talking with folks in the know Thursday, I'm told the plane was not there as part of a meeting between any team officials and Marshall. Plus, a team spokesman said the Giants do not own a private plane.

None of the members of the Mara family owns a plane. There is a plane owned by the Tisch family, though it's unclear if it's marked with the Giants' "NY" logo.

While it remains unclear who owns the plane and who was aboard, what is becoming clear is its reason for being in Denver was not to transport a team official to a meeting with or about Marshall. The Giants have never used a private plane in personnel matters.

And while I can't completely rule out the Giants' having any interest in Marshall, my sense is the volatile receiver and all of his baggage are not very tempting to them right now -- especially after the Plaxico Burress ordeal.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/09/plane_with_ny_giants_logo_in_d.html

gyldenlove
09-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Or a talking head on ESPN for two years until you are replaced...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Plane with NY Giants logo in Denver apparently had nothing to do with Brandon Marshall

The plane with the Giants logo that has sparked an overnight Internet frenzy of rumors of an impending trade of Brandon Marshall to the Giants appears to have been making nothing more than a coincidental trip to Denver.

In talking with folks in the know Thursday, I'm told the plane was not there as part of a meeting between any team officials and Marshall. Plus, a team spokesman said the Giants do not own a private plane.

None of the members of the Mara family owns a plane. There is a plane owned by the Tisch family, though it's unclear if it's marked with the Giants' "NY" logo.

While it remains unclear who owns the plane and who was aboard, what is becoming clear is its reason for being in Denver was not to transport a team official to a meeting with or about Marshall. The Giants have never used a private plane in personnel matters.

And while I can't completely rule out the Giants' having any interest in Marshall, my sense is the volatile receiver and all of his baggage are not very tempting to them right now -- especially after the Plaxico Burress ordeal.

REP.

Was just about to post this.

azbroncfan
09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Bullshiat.

Shanahan would open contract talks in the final year, if the player was wanted.

Honestly, I don't know where you come with this crap.

Instead, Beavis suspends him...

Beavis playing power trip AGAIN.

Your sense of reality is really distorted actually it's non existent.

BroncoBuff
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM

That's right, Mike Krzyzyrsewski was a "rat," too, and others. Started with Jim Rome.

Popps is not gonna let facts get in the way, though :nono:

Bronx33
09-03-2009, 12:36 PM

So 100 pages of bickering for nothing... :P