PDA

View Full Version : Broncos would want LB David Harris from Jets

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Two NFL sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Broncos would want Jets linebacker David Harris in return for wide receiver Brandon Marshall. But every indication is the Jets are unwilling to surrender Harris, which is one reason no trade between New York and Denver has materialized. In an ideal world, Denver would like a player that could contribute to its team this season and a pick that would help later on. But the Broncos aren't making any deal if they don't think it improves them now. Thus, a standoff and as Josh McDaniels said today, "There are no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall," McDaniels said Wednesday. "We are looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him."

bap454
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Im down with the clown Marshall for David Harris........ hey I need to coin that.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Sounds like discussions have taken place. Josh getting by on a conjugation technicality.

Chris
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
What's the lowdown on Harris?

TheDave
09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Sure... Whatever.

bap454
09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
What's the lowdown on Harris?

Stud LB that Denver was interested in, going into the draft two years ago.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Schefter vs. McD...who ya got?

McDman
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
What position in the 3-4 would Harris play?

elsid13
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
what position in the 3-4 would harris play?

ILB for Davis

meangene
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Harris plus a draft pick for Marshall? I would pull the trigger in a second. Harris is a stud and a future star IMO. Can play inside, outside, cover and rush the passer. An every down linebacker in only his third season.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm not buying it. Harris? Why Harris? Broncos don't really need a better ILB. The Broncos need a freaking NT and two stud DTs to help the ILBer.

Does not make sense.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I would pull the trigger in a second.
But apparently they (the Jets) won't. Who is going to give us anything for him after the recent events?

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
So the Jets are tampering but we have a player picked out just in case the tampering gets serious? Our front office is amazing.

bpc
The Broncos do need a ILB, even with Davis. We need talent to run the 3-4, especially at MLB.

Harris is a year removed from a 127 tackle, 5 sack performance.

I would take that production and a stout defense any day of the week over Brandon the headcase.

DenverBroncosJM
I'm not buying it. Harris? Why Harris? Broncos don't really need a better ILB. The Broncos need a freaking NT and two stud DTs to help the ILBer.

Does not make sense.

Im assuming thats only half of the trade could also be an exchange of picks Denver wants Jets 2nd in exchange for our 3-4 whatever.

Who knows at this point.

SoDak Bronco
09-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Top Flight WR is much tougher to find then a Top ILB IMO...this will be tempting for the JETS.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Im assuming thats only half of the trade could also be an exchange of picks Denver wants Jets 2nd in exchange for our 3-4 whatever.

Who knows at this point.

Perhaps, but the Jets don't have a 2nd to give...

SoDak Bronco
09-02-2009, 03:07 PM
The Broncos do need a ILB, even with Davis. We need talent to run the 3-4, especially at MLB.

I would take that production and a stout defense any day of the week over Brandon the headcase.

Me2...it probably is too good to be true. I'd love to pass this cancer on to them.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-02-2009, 03:08 PM
So the Jets are tampering but we have a player picked out just in case the tampering gets serious? Our front office is amazing.

WTF?

Schefter says that if the Jets ask for Marshall, they'll want Harris back. That's all he says.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd rather have Kris Jenkins. I'd take him straight up in a swap.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2009, 03:10 PM
The only way I do this deal is for Kris Jenkins. Otherwise, piss off Jets!

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 03:11 PM
WTF?

Schefter says that if the Jets ask for Marshall, they'll want Harris back. That's all he says.

A player and a pick already in mind from a team that you are watching for tampering.

Gcver2ver3
09-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Top Flight WR is much tougher to find then a Top ILB IMO...this will be tempting for the JETS.

the part you're leaving out is the baggage Marshal brings with him...that sort of evens the trade field a bit...

if they throw in a 3rd with it, i'd trade that headache in a heartbeat...

although a big part of me doesn't want to trade Marshall because of the precedent it sets...

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I guess someone just told Adam hey there have been no talks but we hear the Jets are looking into Marshall so if this is true we would want David Harris for him and maybe a pick. Go throw that out there and see if the Jets bite. Don't try and sale me that the Jets are not trying to get Marshall. Its not a secret that they are looking for WR help. We named a player and we have been told they are not looking to move him.

gunns
09-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Does not make sense.

Do the Jets have a freaking NT or 2 stud DT's that we might want?

If not, I'm all for this. BS we don't need it. It's amazing what we have begun to settle for. Harris is good.

broncofan2438
09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Schefter vs. McD...who ya got?

At this point it sounds like McD is the best bet. He doesnt disclose anything

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Michigan in da house.

Irish Stout
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
link

TheDave
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I guess someone just told Adam hey there have been no talks but we hear the Jets are looking into Marshall so if this is true we would want David Harris for him and maybe a pick. Go throw that out there and see if the Jets bite.

Exactly... Looks like the trade negotiations just started.

Bye Marshall...

Hercules Rockefeller
09-02-2009, 03:36 PM
A player and a pick already in mind from a team that you are watching for tampering.

And all that happens is picks are forfeited, Denver doesn't receive the forfeited picks.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Do the Jets have a freaking NT or 2 stud DT's that we might want?

If not, I'm all for this. BS we don't need it. It's amazing what we have begun to settle for. Harris is good.

See posts #20 and #21.

kent156
09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
if harris can cover a TE or a rb i'm sold so far that seems like a weak spot for the D

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 03:56 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=47760
These people think we should just pay them to take Marshall off our hands. What they want a good player for their Pro Bowl WR? The air must be thin in Denver. ****tards...

Hotrod
09-02-2009, 03:58 PM
ILB for Davis

Sold

atomicbloke
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
The only way we should trade BM is if we get a Cutler-like deal.

BM has been as productive for our team over the last 2 seasons as Jay Cutler.

2 first round picks..... minimum....

azbroncfan
09-02-2009, 04:06 PM

Other than Marshall's history. Marshall will probably be done with football for a year if he went to NY after his first time at a nightclub there.

cabronco
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
If BM feels like he's under a microscope in Denver, wait if he gets traded to NY J-E-T-S.

Br0nc0Buster
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah I would do that

Harris is young and good
Marshall is good, but is a dumbass and a douchebag

He is just as likely to get arrested as he is to catch a touchdown

Popps
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Bingo.

Ship them DJ Williams in the deal, too. Let's get some real ILB's in this mother****er.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Exactly... Looks like the trade negotiations just started.

Bye Marshall...

I have to agree. I don't know if he will be traded but its hard to imagine that both teams are not talking at this point.

yerner
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
its pretty bad when the jets fans think denver is the **** franchise in the deal.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 04:40 PM
its pretty bad when the jets fans think denver is the **** franchise in the deal.

trading franchise QB's for Kyle Orton... Trading top 10 picks for nickle backs... packaging picks to move up and get a 3rd string TE

the evidence is kinda hard to argue.

yerner
09-02-2009, 04:46 PM
trading franchise QB's for Kyle Orton... Trading top 10 picks for nickle backs... packaging picks to move up and get a 3rd string TE

i guess. but we are talking about the damn jets. the measuring stick of dookie.

elsid13
09-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Keep this up and we are going to take away your SuperFan card.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Keep this up and we are going to take away your SuperFan card.

I should get a lifetime "SuperFan" card for suporting what I know is absolute stupidity.

I want to be positive, I really do...

cutthemdown
09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Harris actually really good. He can cover, rush the passer, is a good run stuffer. He can play OLB or ILB in a 3-4. I mean why wouldn't we want that if a trade does happen?

Kris Jenkins too old to trade for Marshall. It has to be a young player with upside. Also I would think there would have to be a 3rd round pick going to us also. At least.

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Bleh... I'd rather us just have Wesley Woodyard take over for Andra Davis in a year or two. Him or Larsen, whoever earns it.

Mr.Meanie
09-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I should get a lifetime "SuperFan" card for suporting what I know is absolute stupidity.

I want to be positive, I really do...

And yet you post negativity in every single post...

Meck77
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
So we're not shopping Brandon yet we're supposedly telling teams what we want in return? huh?

If this is true Broncos just need to say WTF it is they want for Brandon and see if someone bites. This cat and mouse BS needs to stop.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Bleh... I'd rather us just have Wesley Woodyard take over for Andra Davis in a year or two. Him or Larsen, whoever earns it.

You're assuming Woodyard and Larsen make the team. I wouldn't be shocked to see one or both not make it.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 05:15 PM
So we're not shopping Brandon yet we're supposedly telling teams what we want in return? huh?

If this is true Broncos just need to say WTF it is they want for Brandon and see if someone bites. This cat and mouse BS needs to stop.

Well I'm glad someone else caught on to that. LOL

elsid13
09-02-2009, 05:16 PM
You're assuming Woodyard and Larsen make the team. I wouldn't be shocked to see one or both not make it.

I would. Larson gives you depth at 2 positions and plays ST. Woodyard is starting nickle LB and is also strong ST player. Guys like that make teams better by giving them depth and are core special team players. Both will make the team.

Los Broncos
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Harris and Jenkins and they have a deal.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM

The Broncos just need to say WTF it is they want for Brandon and see if someone bites. This cat and mouse BS needs to stop.

I swear it's like some of you just started following professional sports yesterday. This is how it works. All teams spin and obfuscate. Welcome to the real world!

I'll give you just one recent example. A couple weeks ago Jeff Fisher threw a fit when it was suggested by Adam Schefter that the Titans were interested in Marvin Harrison. Turns out Schefter was right.

Then again, we should have known that Fisher was fibbing. After all, he's an NFL head coach.

And his lips were moving.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/23/schefter-was-right-regarding-titans-interest-in-harrison/

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I swear it's like some of you just started following professional sports yesterday. This is how it works. All teams spin and obfuscate. Welcome to the real world!

I'll give you just one recent example. A couple weeks ago Jeff Fisher threw a fit when it was suggested by Adam Schefter that the Titans were interested in Marvin Harrison. Turns out Schefter was right.

Then again, we should have known that Fisher was fibbing. After all, he's an NFL head coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/23/schefter-was-right-regarding-titans-interest-in-harrison/
I think there might be a little difference between Jeff Fisher and what he said vs the Broncos are going to start watching the Jets for tampering with our player.

Zoobie
09-02-2009, 05:22 PM

Seriously, people act like this is a new trend. Just because McDaniels is a bit overkill with how little he discloses, every coach does it. And to be fair to Josh, I would probably keep my mouth shut too if it were my first head coaching gig until I knew what I was doing a bit better.

As for Harris, he is a stud and I would highly advocate a trade for him IF we must trade Marshall. He came onto the Jets and forced Jonathan Vilma out of town if that is any indication of how skilled this kid is.

Broncoman13
09-02-2009, 05:25 PM

Thats my problem with this too Meck. If McD wants to say that Brandon is staying and that we will not be trading "the player" then stick to your guns. People already have a bitter taste in their mouths from the Cutler saga. He's coming dangerously close to a repeat. Funny how a few short months ago McD was telling Cutler that any player could be traded if it benefits the team but now Marshall will not be traded. McD makes it difficult to like him. I really want to like the dude but he's kind of a dipshiat.

Chris
09-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Woodyard made a TD-like tackle on ST in the Seattle game. I'd say that alone saves him.

WABronco
09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Memo to the tards:

It's called COACH SPEAK.

And hell yes to that deal. I would take him straight up, at this point. Adios headcase who wants a mega deal, hello young starting linebacker.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9136/mcd.png

Meck77
09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
[/url]

I'm going to be real clear so as not to obfuscate you. It's as if you haven't read a damn thread or paid attention to any Bronco news with that idiotic comment of yours.

A little obfuscation by an NFL coach is certainly not unheard of but you must have missed that little story about Jay Cutler earlier this year and how that went down.

Comprende? Or did I leave you obfuscated?

TheDave
09-02-2009, 05:35 PM
And yet you post negativity in every single post...

Feel free to use the ignore feature... :thumbs:

listopencil
09-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Two NFL sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Broncos would want Jets linebacker David Harris in return for wide receiver Brandon Marshall. But every indication is the Jets are unwilling to surrender Harris, which is one reason no trade between New York and Denver has materialized. In an ideal world, Denver would like a player that could contribute to its team this season and a pick that would help later on. But the Broncos aren't making any deal if they don't think it improves them now. Thus, a standoff and as Josh McDaniels said today, "There are no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall," McDaniels said Wednesday. "We are looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him."

Oh, ****. We're trading him to Canada for Pacman.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
McD makes it difficult to like him. I really want to like the dude but he's kind of a dipshiat.

Like most good coaches I think he's more concerned with football then making people like him. Let me name you some coaches and you tell me which one gave a sh*t whether or not people liked him:

Belichick
Parcells
Jimmy Johnson
Ditka
Cowher
Shanahan

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Like most good coaches I think he's more concerned with football then making people like him. Let me name you some coaches and you tell me which one gave a sh*t whether or not people liked him:

Belichick
Parcells
Jimmy Johnson
Ditka
Cowher
Shanahan

Hey at least one of those guys is still coaching right?

Meck77
09-02-2009, 05:47 PM

Belichick
Parcells
Jimmy Johnson
Ditka
Cowher
Shanahan

Wrong. Shanny was obsessed with the media. Shanny had a paid staff person who would follow all the news about him. I was told this by a reporter from "the fan" a few years ago.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey at least one of those guys is still coaching right?

Yes, and the rest retired because people said bad things about them on the internetz.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Yes, and the rest retired because people said bad things about them on the internetz. Never knew that.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Comprende? Or did I leave you obfuscated?

The six edits you did to this post suggest you obfuscated yourself.

worm
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Bingo.

Ship them DJ Williams in the deal, too. Let's get some real ILB's in this mother****er.

Way to support a current Broncos player. :thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Harris would be a clear upgrade from Davis at SILB, but it's not sufficient compensation for a star like Marshall. Plus, Andra has actually outperformed (my) expectations so far, so its not a critical thing.

The bigger issue is that its just not close to being sufficient value. I know people are going to say that we simply can't get true on field market value for Marshall. If that's the case, then don't trade him right now. If its not close to the real value, then forget it. We can always trade him later after he has another good season and his value goes back up. Don't give him up for a low ball. Just forget it. Keep him. The offense needs him. Orton needs all the help he can get, quite frankly. With Rod talking to him again maybe that'll help the situation out, too.

SoCalBronco
09-02-2009, 06:20 PM
But the Broncos aren't making any deal if they don't think it improves them now.

McD knows he is living on borrowed time. He's gotta get a quick shot in the arm or he's probably gone after 2 years.

http://www.cksinfo.com/clipart/household/clocks/alarm-clock.png

http://www.priory-campus.co.uk/dreamweaver/danieltaylor/pics/the%20grim%20reaper.jpg

Tick tock tick tock.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 06:27 PM

You are amazing.

Did somebody from our front office come out and say this? OR perhaps, is this one of several thousand rumors started by some twitter dork?

Here's a little gift for you:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

houghtam
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
It's a jump..to conclusions mat!

You see it's this mat...where you'd have different conclusions...you could JUMP to!

Broncosfreak_56
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
We are all forgetting something. Because of this, Andra Davis will soon ask for a trade.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
You are amazing.

Did somebody from our front office come out and say this? OR perhaps, is this one of several thousand rumors started by some twitter dork?

Here's a little gift for you:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

It was on ESPN.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 06:53 PM
It was on ESPN.

Oh, well that settles it. ESPN only speaks the TROOF.

Seriously, do you really believe what the "analysts" at ESPN say? McDaniels won't even disclose a bloody finger as anything other than an upper extremity injury. What makes you think he's divulging his trade demands to ESPN?

If the Jets are going to ESPN making these claims it's quite unprofessional.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Wait just a Second......Who the **** is David Harris Oh my god what a ****ing off season it is

BroncoSojia
09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Got this from BM:

Mike Evans on 104.3 "the fan" just reported that Marshall is on a plane headed for New York...

More details to come.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Wait just a Second......Who the **** is David Harris Oh my god what a ****ing off season it is

Are you serious?

kamakazi_kal
09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
God Damn it.............. why does getting our good players make everyone else a freaking contender? son of a bithc.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2474/marshall-would-make-jets-legit-contender

Marshall would make Jets legit contender

September 2, 2009 5:53 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

How much would Brandon Marshall's presence mean for the New York Jets?

Adding him would address the Jets' biggest need and, with consistent play from rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez, legitimize head coach Rex Ryan's Super Bowl dreams.

Here's some perspective:

Last year, Marshall played in 15 games for the Denver Broncos. He still caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six touchdowns.

That season arguably would be the greatest in Jets receiving history.

The club record for receptions was set in 1988, when Al Toon caught 93 passes.

The last Jets receiver to have as many yards as Marshall did was Don Maynard in 1968. Maynard recorded 1,297 yards with Joe Namath airing it out. A year earlier, Maynard set the record with 1,434 yards.

Marshall's best game last year included 18 receptions for 166 yards and a touchdown.

Clark Gaines set the Jets single-game record with 17 catches for 160 yards in 1980.
New York Jets, Mark Sanchez, Brandon Marshall, Don Maynard, Joe Namath, Clark Gaines

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh, well that settles it. ESPN only speaks the TROOF.

Seriously, do you really believe what the "analysts" at ESPN say? McDaniels won't even disclose a bloody finger as anything other than an upper extremity injury. What makes you think he's divulging his trade demands to ESPN?

If the Jets are going to ESPN making these claims it's quite unprofessional.

Yeah the front office is like a steel trap nothing gets leaked around here. :spit:

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Got this from BM:

Mike Evans on 104.3 "the fan" just reported that Marshall is on a plane headed for New York...

More details to come.

That can't be true McD won't talk about a bloody finger!!!!

Punisher
09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Are you serious?

Let me tell you something man if we trade Marshall, i can't use him in Madden. You know what that could do to me?

TheDave
09-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Got this from BM:

More details to come.

here we go....

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
let me tell you something man if we trade marshall, i can't use him in madden. You know what that could do to me?

lol

kamakazi_kal
09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Let me tell you something man if we trade Marshall, i can't use him in Madden. You know what that could do to me?

Let me tell you something man if we trade Marshall, we can't use him in real life. You've seen our offense so far right?

Everything is run after the catch with McD and you can't argue Marshall's play after the catch.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
here we go....

Dave you know this can't be true. Nothing gets out of Denver, and I mean nothing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QboYhJFC8jc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QboYhJFC8jc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Punisher
09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Let me tell you something man if we trade Marshall, we can't use him in real life. You've seen our offense so far right?

Everything is run after the catch with McD and you can't argue Marshall's play after the catch.

We should just trade the whole team for i don't have to worry about this ****ing team anymore! :~ohyah!:

TheDave
09-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Dave you know this can't be true. Nothing gets out of Denver, and I mean nothing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QboYhJFC8jc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QboYhJFC8jc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't you flashy thing me...

Dos Rios
09-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Marshall in NYC? That should end well.

Atwater His Ass
09-02-2009, 07:08 PM
McD knows he is living on borrowed time. He's gotta get a quick shot in the arm or he's probably gone after 2 years.

Tick tock tick tock.

Which is what really scares me the most about McD. He's not making decisions that are in the best interest of the franchise in the long run, but more interested in saving his ass in the short run.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 07:09 PM

Well, the fact is it's a rebuilding year. Fortunately we will have a real high #1 to ease the pain.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Don't you flashy thing me...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SNP2c-aD108&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SNP2c-aD108&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheDave
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Which is what really scares me the most about McD. He's not making decisions that are in the best interest of the franchise in the long run, but more interested in saving his ass in the short run.

Not to throw a wrentch into your theory but keeping the QB would have been a good short term play.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 07:11 PM

OK, OK. You made your point. :notworthy

Punisher
09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SNP2c-aD108&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SNP2c-aD108&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TQJNlX7jc5A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TQJNlX7jc5A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Not to throw a wrentch into your theory but keeping the QB would have been a good short term play.

:)

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
The deal is done!

maher_tyler
09-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Watching ESPN and Shefter said the Broncos are not trading him. He said they might consider if they ivolved Harris, a draft pick and a future draft pick!

maher_tyler
09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Broncos aren't trying to trade WR Marshall, even after Jets show interest

The Denver Broncos haven't been attempting to deal disgruntled wide receiver Brandon Marshall, according to league sources, and have received very little contact from other teams inquiring about the currently suspended Pro Bowler.

The New York Jets have called the Broncos to explore the situation, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, but Denver has no intention of dealing Marshall right now -- a stance that first-year coach Josh McDaniels confirmed Wednesday.

"We're looking forward to having Brandon back on Sept. 6 and starting our preparations for (the season opener at) Cincinnati with him," McDaniels said, according to The Associated Press. "There's no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the NFL regarding Brandon Marshall."

And it could be very difficult to agree on any trade of Marshall for multiple reasons. He has one year left on his contract and wants to be traded, but the Broncos already have endured a difficult offseason and preseason. The team is trying to do whatever it can to be as good as possible in 2009 -- already a crucial year for the embattled McDaniels -- and the prospect of 2010 draft picks isn't something very palatable to them.

Officials with three teams that could use a wide receiver all said they hadn't received a call from Denver regarding Marshall, and several sources who have had contact with Broncos general manager Brian Xanders recently said he never once mentioned the wide receiver being available.

Marshall would covet a change of scenery and a chance to sign a lucrative new contract as he is due to make just $2.2 million this season after posting back-to-back 100-catch seasons. However, his value around the NFL is low, given his hip injuries, clashes with team officials (he also has been suspended in the past), recent lack of time on the practice field, a past run-in with law enforcement and his desire for big money.

Watching football on Sundays will be a whole new experience with NFL Network's new channel, NFL RedZone. Find out why.
The Broncos remain optimistic that Marshall might display a better attitude and determination to play when he reports back to the team on Sept. 6 after his suspension for the final two preseason games for outlandish antics at a practice is over. Marshall and the Broncos have been unable to rebuild the trust between them and have disagreed about issues ranging from the wide receiver's health to the actions of the team's public-relations staff, and a long-term marriage remains difficult to imagine. And, undoubtedtly, getting to a big-market team such as the Jets would be appealing to Marshall.

However, the Broncos have the leverage in this situation. They aren't inclined to deal Marshall with his value so low, a source said, and are doing nothing to posit the idea that he could be traded. In fact, they believe that any team being overt about its interest in Marshall risks violating tampering rules and they want to do whatever is possible to get Marshall to concentrate on being productive in Denver rather than dwelling on possible trades (and thus mulling exit strategies).

The Broncos believe that if Marshall returns from his suspension focused, he could be productive right away. Given the fact that franchise quarterback Jay Cutler already was traded in the offseason, the team's top two current quarterbacks are hurt and top draft pick Knowshon Moreno has missed virtually the entire preseason because of a holdout and an injury (he was the projected starting running back), the Broncos immediately need all the help they can get.

Marshall's best chance at getting more money, regardless of the team, is through production on the field and staying out of trouble off of it. The Broncos would love to get off to a fast start, if possible, given all the acrimony and angst over their offseason. The AFC West is perhaps the worst division in football, and Denver is trying to fortify any chance it has of being competitive right now. Landing a mid-round 2010 draft pick (what several executives project to be what an interested party would offer for Marshall) wouldn't help at all in that regard.

Should a team ultimately step up and make an overwhelming offer, well, it's pro sports, so you never say never. The Broncos might end up having to suspend Marshall again. Maybe they get off to a slow start and it becomes best to ship him out before the trade deadline. We're not there yet, though, with everybody 0-0 and the team eager to see if Marshall has learned from this latest experience.

The Broncos haven't been sending any such signals yet, though, and only one team has called about Marshall.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81254423&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

orinjkrush
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
great. an ILB.

great.

lex
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I'd rather have Kris Jenkins. I'd take him straight up in a swap.

He wore down, down the stretch last year. You gotta worry about wear and tear with Jenkins. Marshall is 25.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 08:55 PM
It is funny reading how the Jets fans think that Vernon Gholston or Brad Smith should be enough to get Marshall from us because we have no choice but to get rid of him.

maher_tyler
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Shefter is on NFL Live reporting that the Broncos might charge the Jets with tampering. Also, said he thinks Orton WILL be ready!!

TheReverend
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Watching ESPN and Shefter said the Broncos are not trading him. He said they might consider if they ivolved Harris, a draft pick and a future draft pick!

The drafts over, they're ALL future picks...

TheReverend
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Jenkins isn't a possibility... they just gave him an extension last year. Way too much of a cap hit to move.