PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels: No trade talks

BabyTO
09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
“There’s no discussions whatsoever between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall,” McDaniels said. “”We’re looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/02/mcdaniels-no-marshall-trade-talks/

ZONA
09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Brandon Marshall and his agent Kennard McGuire apparently should consider surrendering the notion the Broncos’ star receiver can eventually be traded if they apply enough pressure.

Several trade possibilities have been reported, although it appears none of the speculation was started from the Broncos’ camp.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels let it be known following the team’s walkthrough Wednesday that when Marshall’s team-imposed suspension is lifted come Sunday, he plans on the receiver reporting back to work.

“”There’s no discussions whatsoever between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall,” McDaniels said. “”We’re looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.”

“”there’s no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos

Rohirrim
09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Good. :thumbs:

Grow up, Brandon.

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Freudian slip in the thread title or intentional?

BroncoMan4ever
Brandon Marshall and his agent Kennard McGuire apparently should consider surrendering the notion the Broncos’ star receiver can eventually be traded if they apply enough pressure.

Several trade possibilities have been reported, although it appears none of the speculation was started from the Broncos’ camp.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels let it be known following the team’s walkthrough Wednesday that when Marshall’s team-imposed suspension is lifted come Sunday, he plans on the receiver reporting back to work.

“”There’s no discussions whatsoever between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall,” McDaniels said. “”We’re looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September, and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him.”

“”there’s no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos

Marsall's agent is a moron. he stands to make 5 million if Marshall gets a 50million dollar contract, and he is advising Marshall to act like a clown, and drive down the number of teams interested in, drive down the amount of money he will eventually make. he is very stupid.

footstepsfrom#27
McDonalds?

lex
09-02-2009, 12:10 PM
McDonalds?

Would you rather eat with a king or a clown?

BabyTO
09-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Hahah sorry about that

PRBronco
09-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Did he also report that he's lovin it?

Wait...is that the current McDonalds theme?

I like the insistence that they're planning for him to be there for the Cinci game, would be nice to have him on the field, even if it's just for scare tactics.

Rohirrim
09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Isn't the Ronald McDonald House a place where battered women can hide?

I'm not sayin'...

jhat01
09-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I heard a blurb today about BM and draft picks...There's no way they trade him during the season for picks cuz those picks will be there in the offseason. It would only be for a proven player and a high round pick...I think it was schefter on ESPN. I don't see himgoing anywhere

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
twitter report said jets arent willing to give near what broncos want, which is a first and 3rd.

ZONA
09-02-2009, 12:33 PM
It really seems like there isn't a ton of interest out there for BM, at least not for anything of good value in return going back to the Broncos.

BM is gonna have to suck it up and play it out.

Hopefully he's truly 100% healthy and can learn those plays fast and get out their and contribute come week 1. He's a big time baby but the man can play some ball. We'll be a better team with a healthy BM in the right mind set for sure.

BigPlayShay
09-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Notice that he said NFL. There still could be a trade in the works with the UFL. Stay Tuned...

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
McKid Trading Scheme:

Step 1. Alienate player
Step 2. Frustrate player
Step 3. Player asks for trade
Step 4. Deny trade talks are occuring
Step 5. http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey.jpg

Step 6. Trade

Yep, it's a lead pipe lock that Marshall suits up in orange and blue this year because McKid's word is his bond.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
twitter report said jets arent willing to give near what broncos want, which is a first and 3rd.

Seriously, do you do anything with your day besides living on twitter or other teams' message boards or watch NFLN?

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
In "Patriotese," that means Marshall's as good as gone.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 12:41 PM

I'm not sayin'...
It's for kids.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Would you rather eat with a king or a clown?
Is that an analogy for the Mane?

Houshyamama
09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Seriously, do you do anything with your day besides living on twitter or other teams' message boards or watch NFLN?

Dude, he totally goes to facebook and myspace too.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 12:43 PM

WTF is your problem you ****ing jackass? i post a relevant ****ing quote and this is the **** you come back to me with?

RunSilentRunDeep
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Marsall's agent is a moron. he stands to make 5 million if Marshall gets a 50million dollar contract, and he is advising Marshall to act like a clown, and drive down the number of teams interested in, drive down the amount of money he will eventually make. he is very stupid.

Agents typically get 1-2% of a player's contract. They only get 10% when they create new revenue opportunities (commercials, camps, appearance fees, etc.)

Hulamau
09-02-2009, 12:49 PM

I seriously doubt that McQuire knew or condoned what Marshall did at practice last week. Marshall said it was out of frustration from a meeting with McD that morning calling him on the carpet about his prior behavior so this one was likely pure unscripted, unfiltered Brandon Marshall as the numskull that he is on full display.

I rather suspect McQuire had a **** fit when he saw the video clip on ESPN! Way to undermine all of your agents efforts on your behalf Marshall!

jhat01
09-02-2009, 12:49 PM
WTF is your problem you ****ing jackass? i post a relevant ****ing quote and this is the **** you come back to me with?

you should probably log off for a few dude...go for a run or something, you're gonna stroke out. If you start smelling burnt toast, call 911

Flex Gunmetal
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM

You are creating powerful enemies, my son.

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Have you considered Benzodiazapenes, Xanax or Ativan? Just something to ease off of the f'ing throttle for a minute. If you don't relax you might go "Scanners" on us.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM

so "powerful" that they need to respond to me posting something thats on topic. maybe i should make a mcpoopyhead post, then everyone would agree.

lets recap. this thread is about marshall trade talks, and how they are unlikely. i post that a reporter said broncos are asking for first and third. this jackass feels the need to comment on WHERE i saw that information?

Rohirrim
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Step 1. Alienate player
Step 2. Frustrate player
Step 5. http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey.jpg

Step 6. Trade

Yep, it's a lead pipe lock that Marshall suits up in orange and blue this year because McKid's word is his bond.

Tell the truth. You ripped this page out of Bus Cook's notebook. ;D

Flex Gunmetal
09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
so "powerful" that they need to respond to me posting something thats on topic. maybe i should make a mcpoopyhead post, then everyone would agree.

lets recap. this thread is about marshall trade talks, and how they are unlikely. i post that a reporter said broncos are asking for first and third. this jackass feels the need to comment on WHERE i saw that information?

Well geez, maybe you should have a meltdown today?

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Tell the truth. You ripped this page out of Bus Cook's notebook. ;D

Who says I'm not Bus Cook? MUA HA HA HAAAAA
I'm not Bus Cook. Uhh

lex
09-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Is that an analogy for the Mane?

Not the Mane.

It used to be a burger king ad slogan.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Yeah. You're always the one with the twitter updates, or telling us what some other message board says or what's on NFL Live or NFL radio.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2009, 01:07 PM

Jets don't have the ammo period. They don't have a 1st in next year's draft because of the Sanchez deal. Now, if they wanted to give the Broncos a player that might be different but the Jets also let some players go in the trade with the Browns.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah. You're always the one with the twitter updates, or telling us what some other message board says or what's on NFL Live or NFL radio.

because i have people relevant to the broncos followed on twitter and its easy as hell to get a ton of updates at once. i almost never listen to nfl live or nfl radio, but if i do and see something relevant i post it. do you have an issue with that?

bendog
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
What is this twitter, of which you speak?

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM

I don't know. I use Sh!tter, mobile updates while I coil a rope.:strong:Multitask baby, multitask.

NYBronc
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM

What's wrong with that?

lex
09-02-2009, 02:03 PM

What wrong with you, guy? That not nice, guy.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
What wrong with you, guy? That not nice, guy.

teeehehehe, good one lex! Between you and tsiguy, it's a friggen laugh riot around the Mane!

You do realize that your the evil twin of tsiguy, right?

Taco John
09-02-2009, 02:07 PM
McKid Trading Scheme:

Step 1. Alienate player
Step 2. Frustrate player

Step 6. Trade

That's a pretty funny post...

elsid13
09-02-2009, 02:08 PM

It what Hotrod does with sheep on the back forty.

lex
09-02-2009, 02:08 PM
teeehehehe, good one lex! Between you and tsiguy, it's a friggen laugh riot around the Mane!

We're not twins.

Taco John
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM

You're like Riggs from Lethal Weapon, only with a keyboard.

24champ
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM

http://www.crankycritic.com/archive/posters/twins.jpg

tsiguy is the short twin....

WABronco
09-02-2009, 02:16 PM
You're like Riggs from Lethal Weapon, only with a keyboard.

lol no kidding seemingly every thread I check out he's quoted flipping out on someone, calling them all sorts of names.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 02:17 PM

I think he will run off more posters then Lex when its all said and done.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Yes, more farewell threads... :thumbs:

elsid13
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM

That just one of his amazing superfan's powers.

elsid13
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM

When you create yours could you thank me for all my great work getting you that sweet new contract?

Falconer
09-02-2009, 02:21 PM
It's for kids.

Actually, it is for families who have children in the hospital. It is a great resource.

24champ
09-02-2009, 02:21 PM
That just one of his amazing superfan's powers.

Yep...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y-F_a0WOem4/RaK1oNfcPkI/AAAAAAAAAP8/16CMnTJn-Ss/s320/superfan.bmp

lex
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM

If he can make it. There seems to be a lot of emotional carnage with him.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM
When you create yours could you thank me for all my great work getting you that sweet new contract?

I don't know... I'm pretty sure my farewell speech will be extremely self indulgent.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 02:28 PM

In a place where people can be anyone or anything they want to be you would think people would get thicker skin. :giggle:

24champ
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't know... I'm pretty sure my farewell speech will be extremely self indulgent.

You can't make a farewell speech until you see your therapist.

elsid13
09-02-2009, 02:41 PM
You can't make a farewell speech until you see your therapist.

Well since his therapist is Spider that might not be such a great idea.

24champ
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Well since his therapist is Spider that might not be such a great idea.

What kind of therapy does spider specialize in?

BroncoMan4ever
09-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I seriously doubt that McQuire knew or condoned what Marshall did at practice last week. Marshall said it was out of frustration from a meeting with McD that morning calling him on the carpet about his prior behavior so this one was likely pure unscripted, unfiltered Brandon Marshall as the numskull that he is on full display.

I rather suspect McQuire had a **** fit when he saw the video clip on ESPN! Way to undermine all of your agents efforts on your behalf Marshall!

he had to know that Marshall would do stupid ****. he has been doing it all offseason. getting worse each time, McQuire has no control over his client, and if he stands to make that much money off of him, i find it odd that he hasn't told Marshall it is in his best interest to just man up go to work and get paid next season. he condoned a holdout when he was coming off hip surgery and with a pending legal problem, i am pretty sure he would have a good idea that Marshall would pull some stupid stunt.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 03:12 PM
you guys are right. im wrong for going on twitter and posting relevant information to the post which indicates what the broncos are asking. for now on ill keep everything off topic.

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
yep...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y-f_a0woem4/rak1onfcpki/aaaaaaaaap8/16cmntjn-ss/s320/superfan.bmp

man the harpoons!!!

errand
09-02-2009, 03:58 PM

I'm not sayin'...

Actually it's a place where families who have children in need of surgeries and other medical care can reside if they cannot afford a hotel...it's a good charity to give to...your change can make a difference. BTW...i doubt they would turn away a battered woman, especially one who had kids.

errand
09-02-2009, 04:03 PM

....like he's the only one who's ever done that before.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
well since his therapist is spider that might not be such a great idea.
rofl!

scorpio
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
....like he's the only one who's ever done that before.

HEAV is probably pissed that he fell to #2 on the depth chart

Popps
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM

I know, right? Which is really weird, because our last coach was practically a saint. I mean, he always told the truth...