PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Guys, remember this?

lex
09-02-2009, 09:23 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWVDkOfQbV4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWVDkOfQbV4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Good productive post. Contributes a lot to the discussion of the team.

Crushaholic
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I haven't seen the clip, yet. However, I'm assuming it's a bunch of dumba- commentators telling everyone that the Alphonso Smith pick is terrible. Am I right?

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 09:28 AM
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn472/rgault00/demotivational-posters-redundancy.jpg

Man-Goblin
09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Some highlights for those who don't watch:

-Alphonso Smith is the most instinctive and polished corner in the draft
-Could have gone in the top 10
-Ballhawk
-An overall great selection
-Edit: Forgot the statement "all he does when he's on the field is make plays"

Thanks for posting Lex!

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Josh sure traded up a lot ... and that's causing an under-discussed problem.

With 8 draft pick this year, plus all the Pats, plus we were a talented and very young team already ... this translates into a packed roster. We will cut numerous guys who can play, and numerous good prospects, like Carlton Powell maybe. Not good roster management, imo.

Popps
09-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey guys, I've never been laid. That's probably obvious to al of you, but because I constantly need to be the center of attention, I figured I'd remind you. The truth is, I serve less purpose to the world than a steaming pile of goat droppings. So, I really need you to pay attention to me. If you don't, I'll post more threads demanding you do. The mods let me SPAM the place to oblivion, so you'll have no choice. Again... I'm walking, talking animal turd. I'll see you in 10 minutes with my next SPAM.

Thanks for the update, Lex.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Josh sure traded up a lot ... and that's causing an under-discussed problem.

With 8 draft pick this year, plus all the Pats, plus we were a talented and very young team already ... this translates into a packed roster. We will cut numerous guys who can play, and numerous good prospects, like Carlton Powell maybe. Not good roster management, imo.

Crappy teams don't have packed rosters, they'll be cutting marginal players at best. Powell is a good prospect because . . . ?

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I was so drunk that I don't remember.
I realized later they could've had him AND Quinn farther down.

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Crappy teams don't have packed rosters, they'll be cutting marginal players at best. Powell is a good prospect because . . . ?

Disagree we're a crappy team. Don't wanna rehash Powell, but this is an over-stuffed roster imo, stuffed with young guys who might emerge if given time and coaching. There are numerous guys who will be claimed off waivers or the practice squad, including Josh Bell, Matt McChesney, Josh Barrett, Mitch Ericksen, Jeb Putzier, Lee Robinson, Tim Crowder, Nate Swift, maybe even TE Marquez Branson, Lee Robinson and Pedescleux. Our practice squad will be raided. The point is the YOUTH of this glut of players.

Wait and see ;D

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
-Could have gone in the top 10

That's always my favorite part. Could say this about pretty much any guy taken in the first three rounds, if you change/improve one part of them significantly as they mention with him.

Dagmar
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
http://memeparty.com/i/49c3744611f7e6f19ddd0bfefe905f00.jpg

TonyR
09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
...stuffed with young guys who might emerge if given time and coaching...

How many guys who can't play now but may be able to play "some day" can you keep on your roster? Every team has the same "problem". Most of these guys are borderline NFL talent at best.

vancejohnson82
09-02-2009, 10:05 AM
why is this even relevant?

Ironlung
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
http://memeparty.com/i/49c3744611f7e6f19ddd0bfefe905f00.jpg

:notworthy

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 10:10 AM
How many guys who can't play now but may be able to play "some day" can you keep on your roster? Every team has the same "problem". Most of these guys are borderline NFL talent at best.

I never said they "can't play now."

Tim Crowder, Josh Bell, Josh Barrett, Nate Swift. I guarantee all four will be claimed.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-02-2009, 10:47 AM
The Texans should have taken Reggie Bush.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey, 'member when lex spammed the boards? 'Member when the mods did nothing? 'Member when he continued to post mindless drivel like this in order to make the boards a lot less interesting and fun for the posters?

'Member how successful that was?

Great job, mods. Seriously.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I never said they "can't play now."

Tim Crowder, Josh Bell, Josh Barrett, Nate Swift. I guarantee all four will be claimed.

Perhaps but they are far from a lock to ever make an impact on any NFL team. I'm also a little confused how you can knock the roster management in a new regime's first year with a completely new scheme on both sides of the ball. Did you not expect them to bring in guys they know who are familiar with their system? As far as your criticism for an "overstuffed" roster I just don't get it. It increases the competition and level of play at all levels including 2nd and 3rd stringers. Is that a bad thing?

lex
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Hey, 'member when lex spammed the boards? 'Member when the mods did nothing? 'Member when he continued to post mindless drivel like this in order to make the boards a lot less interesting and fun for the posters?

'Member how successful that was?

Great job, mods. Seriously.

Yeah!!! Who is that lex guy and his dastardly deeds anyway. Who does he think he is to create a thread I dont like. That son of a bitch!

Punisher
09-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Our 1st round pick for A.Smith if we lose 14 games this year,This will go down as one of the biggest bone head plays in NFL history.

And by the way theres a high chance we might lose 14 games too.

prunch
09-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Doesn't smith look like he is going to be a starter at nickel. Isn't that good for a rookie?

I don't see the issue here. Successful draft pick ... no?

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Our 1st round pick for A.Smith if we lose 14 games this year,This will go down as one of the biggest bone head plays in NFL history.

ill bet you $500 we dont lose 14 games.

lex
09-02-2009, 11:06 AM

Wow! Isnt $500 a months worth of SuperFan costumes for you?

Are you sure you want to do that?

Punisher
09-02-2009, 11:08 AM

I'm not going to bet on my team losing 14 games because i don't want my,our team to lose I want to win.But like i said "Theres a high chance we might lose 14 games"

lex
09-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not going to bet on my team losing 14 games because i don't want my,our team to lose I want to win.But like i said "Theres a high chance we might lose 14 games"

But if they did lose 14 games, wouldnt it be nice to get compensated?

Killericon
09-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey, did we ever find out for sure which pick went to Seattle, or if we had some sort of insurance saying they get the lower of the two? I had heard some rumblings about that, but I can't recall...

lex
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey, did we ever find out for sure which pick went to Seattle, or if we had some sort of insurance saying they get the lower of the two? I had heard some rumblings about that, but I can't recall...

Seattle gets Denver's pick and Denver has Chicago's pick.

Yes, it is ****ed up.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
But if they did lose 14 games, wouldnt it be nice to get compensated?

It will be nice but i want feel good about it,plus I won't sell out my team even if we suck the biggest dick this year.

Dukes
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM

Yes, it is ****ed up.

Yup

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
But they got an undersized ballhawk who they could've had with their own 48th pick.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Yup

I don't think you had enough feeling and your "Yup"

Lets try this again

Originally Posted by lex

Yes, it is ****ed up.

YUP!!!

Thats more better :wiggle:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWVDkOfQbV4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWVDkOfQbV4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keep it coming. i mean if their guy can't take a little ribbing, how much faith do they really have in the guy. i say every, every little i say.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 11:33 AM

considering how few teams have lost 14 or more games in the last few years, you have to be retarded to think theres a HIGH CHANCE we lose 14 games. especially given the division we are in.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 11:51 AM
considering how few teams have lost 14 or more games in the last few years, you have to be retarded to think theres a HIGH CHANCE we lose 14 games. especially given the division we are in.

I mean were gonna face literally 5 of the Top 5 teams in the NFL and then the NFC east AND then some pretty good teams this year.

I'm looking at our Sche this year and it don't look pretty.

I will hope and pray and maybe even do Voodo this year,for our team.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I mean were gonna face literally 5 of the Top 5 teams in the NFL and then the NFC east AND then some pretty good teams this year.

I'm looking at our Sche this year and it don't look pretty.

I will hope and pray and maybe even do Voodo this year,for our team.

i didnt say they will be world beaters, but we play KC twice, OAK twice, cinci and cleveland, and we have to win atleast 1-2 of the other games at a minimum, if by nothing else, luck. i dunno if ive ever seen a schedule this hard before, but still the strengths of the team (oline, RB, receivers, TE, possibly secondary) could keep us in a few games that we shouldnt be winning.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
i didnt say they will be world beaters, but we play KC twice, OAK twice, cinci and cleveland, and we have to win atleast 1-2 of the other games at a minimum, if by nothing else, luck. i dunno if ive ever seen a schedule this hard before, but still the strengths of the team (oline, RB, receivers, TE, possibly secondary) could keep us in a few games that we shouldnt be winning.

And your right,thats why you play the game,but i still think theres a high chance by "High". I'm saying maybe i give us a 67% Chance of losing 14 games. will it happen? Maybe,maybe not but will see

jhns
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM

We have the 19th hardest schedule in the league. I do not get the hype. You people are going off of hype from what these teams were 5 years ago, not recently. This schedule is no harder than the ones we have had the past few years. We had one of the harder schedules 2 and 3 years ago. This one doesn't even compare.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
We have the 19th hardest schedule in the league. I do not get the hype. You people are going off of hype from what these teams were 5 years ago, not recently. This schedule is no harder than the ones we have had the past few years. We had one of the harder schedules 2 and 3 years ago. This one doesn't even compare.

SOS is ridiculous way to look at it, because teams like KC and OAK kill our average SOS, just like the lions do to the NFCN SOS. the pure talent of the stretch of teams we play is what we should be concerned with.

jhns
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
SOS is ridiculous way to look at it, because teams like KC and OAK kill our average SOS, just like the lions do to the NFCN SOS. the pure talent of the stretch of teams we play is what we should be concerned with.

We play crappy teams which gives us an easier schedule. This is true. Every team plays some crappy teams though. If you took out the 4 crappiest for every team, I bet our strength of schedule is still 15 or lower. Again, a lot of these teams aren't as good as some are hyping them up to be. They are teams that were good a couple years ago and still get hype for it.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM

What?

Ok lets see

The Steelers they just won the Super Bowl and we have to play them,NE they won 11 games without Tom.B now hes back,The ravens got lock down D,The gaints have the best D-LINE in the NFL,The Chargers have a really good team and we have to face them twice.

(Note we have to play all those teams and i didn't even talked about NFC east teams or the Colts)

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Lex.
I wonder if you are Lex...it would explain so much.

Popcorn Sutton
09-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Jarvis Moss, Ashley Lelie, George Foster, Willie Middlebrooks, Deltha Oneal, Marcus Nash.... ahh nevermind.

jhns
09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
What?

Ok lets see

The Steelers they just won the Super Bowl and we have to play them,NE they won 11 games without Tom.B now hes back,The ravens got lock down D,The gaints have the best D-LINE in the NFL,The Chargers have a really good team and we have to face them twice.

(Note we have to play all those teams and i didn't even talked about NFC east teams or the Colts)

The ravens suck. The chargers were an 8 win team that has had 3 less wins every season for the last 3 and that makes them a 5 win team this year. I agree the steelers are a very hard team. The colts are not going anywhere this year and the NFC east has been overhyped with easy schedules. They have a lot of average with potential. The giants are the only proven team of them.

Jerry Curl
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
What?

Ok lets see

When did the Giants move out of the NFC East?

Punisher
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
When did the Giants move out of the NFC East?

Yea they play in the CFL :clown:

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
The ravens suck

The Ravens are going to kick the hell out of the Broncos.
I'm going to have to be good and wasted since I'm going to that game...

gyldenlove
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Who the hell is the dillweed in the 15 jersey? that was a sad ass sight.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
The ravens suck. The chargers were an 8 win team that has had 3 less wins every season for the last 3 and that makes them a 5 win team this year. I agree the steelers are a very hard team. The colts are not going anywhere this year and the NFC east has been overhyped with easy schedules. They have a lot of average with potential. The giants are the only proven team of them.

I can almost guarantee you the Ravens and Chargers both win double digit games this season. And did you forget that the Eagles were in the NFC East? They aren't "proven"? Do you watch or follow NFL football even a little bit? Tell the truth.

TheReverend
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I can almost guarantee you the Ravens and Chargers both win double digit games this season. And did you forget that the Eagles were in the NFC East? They aren't "proven"? Do you watch or follow NFL football even a little bit? Tell the truth.

The Ravens are looking good so far, but I really think they'll fall off a touch this season.

TailgateNut
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM

He tells everyone they know nothing compared to "his highness".

jhns
09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
He tells everyone they know nothing compared to "his highness".

You should all listen to this guy. I don't need inferior minds questioning what I say.

ZONA
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.nikegames.net/zona/Misc/Broncos/lex%20troll.jpg

lex
09-02-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.nikegames.net/zona/Misc/Broncos/lex%20troll.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/Cry_in_a_Pillow_by_FrenchRock.jpg

errand
09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
So let me get this straight...you posted this thinking people would bitch about a draft pick we gave up for arguably the best cover/playmaking corner in the draft?

all I heard was what a great pick it was.....

In 2006 we didn't need a QB...however the chance to get a potential franchise QB in Cutler was worth whatever Mike gave up for him. You never turn down an opportunity to grab a potential franchise player.

Now in '09 you're bitching about us going out and getting a potential franchise type CB?

jhns
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
So let me get this straight...you posted this thinking people would b**** about a draft pick we gave up for arguably the best cover/playmaking corner in the draft?

In 2006 we didn't need a QB...however the chance to get a potential franchise QB in Cutler was worth whatever Mike gave up for him. You never turn down an opportunity to grab a potential franchise player.

Now in '09 you're b****ing about us going out and getting a potential franchise type CB?

I can't speak for everyone but that trade makes me mad because we got straight ripped off and it has nothing to do with the player we got. We traded a top 10-15 pick for a single second round pick. If it ends up being a top 10 pick, there is no way you could convince anyone we got any kind of value.

We should have smith plus a lot of other stuff. As it stands now, we need to finish with double digit wins in order for it to be justifiable. We got completely ripped off. Smith could be the best ever and we were still ripped off in the trade because of an inexperienced front office. I still do not understand getting a full rookie front office.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
So let me get this straight...you posted this thinking people would b**** about a draft pick we gave up for arguably the best cover/playmaking corner in the draft?

Now in '09 you're b****ing about us going out and getting a potential franchise type CB?

When seattle is sitting on the clock at #5 you'll understand the problem.

lex
09-02-2009, 02:37 PM

No, Im not going to allow that. You were supposed to have your **** together before you began articulating thought.

Go to the back of the line.

errand
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
What?

Ok lets see

Yes, we play a tough schedule this year...arguably the NFL's toughest. On paper based on what those teams did last season.

But, this is a new season, and you never know....now keep in mind I'm not saying these teams won't play well...or beat us...I'm giving you reasons why we shouldn't give up just because they show up.

Steelers will be hard pressed to duplicate their success of last year, sB champs repeating aren't that common, and alot don't even make the playoffs the next season.

Tom Brady might be a bit gun-shy trying to come back from knee injury,

McNabb was benched last year for a game for playing like crap, and according to some of their fans might be embroiled in a QB controversy as well now that Vick is there.

Flacco could suffer from the sophomore jinx, and Ray Lewis is another year older

Dallas has lost it's best WR, and arguably their best playmaker as well.

San Diego might rebound, but the truth be known they were just another 8-8 team last season who needed a 4 game win streak and the biggest collapse in NFL history to net their division title.

The Giants have a great DL...but they also lost their best WR, and biggest playmaker in Burress..offensively without Burress the Giants were pretty average down the stretch.

The Colts started off poorly last season and while gonzales is pretty good...he isn't Harrison. Sure you can't count them out when they still have Peyton...but it's not like we haven't beaten them before during the regular season.

It's not gonna be easy...but if we can manage to win 4-5 of those games and win the ones we should like Bengals, Browns, Raiders (2), Chiefs (2), Redskins we could make the playoffs. It's possible....

errand
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
When seattle is sitting on the clock at #5 you'll understand the problem.

What makes you so sure they'll be a #5...and even if they are so what?

Alphonso Smith arguably the best CB was available in this draft....

We gave up what to get Cutler? I didn't hear anyone bitching about it then...so why bitch about it now.

Had it been Mike Shanahan instead of Josh McDaniels pulling the trigger you clowns would have been touting it as some genius vision of the future

ohiobronco2
09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey, who needs Gerald McCoy, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, or Eric Berry when you have Alphonso Smith. LOL LOL

Josh McDaniels on draft day, before assembling his draft board.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/8/2009/06/340x_spaceballs_large_13.jpg

ohiobronco2
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM

We gave up what to get Cutler? I didn't hear anyone b****ing about it then...so why b**** about it now.

Had it been Mike Shanahan instead of Josh McDaniels pulling the trigger you clowns would have been touting it as some genius vision of the future

When Cutler was drafted, many thought that QB class would be one of the best ever. This CB class and draft overall was viewed to be fairly poor across the board. Many had Alphonso Smith as the 3rd best CB in a very poor CB class draft. To justify this selection, he better turn into Champ Bailey and we better finish atleast 8-8. I don't see either happening. To have effective CB's you need a pass rush, why not get that in the 2010 draft with so many talented players available.

errand
09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
When Cutler was drafted, many thought that QB class would be one of the best ever. This CB class and draft overall was viewed to be fairly poor across the board. Many had Alphonso Smith as the 3rd best CB in a very poor CB class draft. To justify this selection, he better turn into Champ Bailey and we better finish atleast 8-8. I don't see either happening. To have effective CB's you need a pass rush, why not get that in the 2010 draft with so many talented players available.

I guess the diference between me and others is that I believe we can win more than 4-6 games this season. Some people are invested in defeat...and always will be.

And I beg to differ on whether or not Smith was the 3rd best in a weak draft class...several mock drafts by these so called experts had him going as high as 15th to the Texans...the Sporting News had him listed as the drafts 16th best prospect regardless of position.

I admit the draft is and always will be a crap shoot...but to say we got screwed when once again we have't played a single game that counts this year, nor have we seen this kid play a full season or two (most "experts" admit it takes about 3 seasons to truly judge a draft) is ludicrous.

I dunno that'd be like complaining that a coach is the worst coach ever when he hasn't even coached one regular season game.

So if we win 10 or more games this year, where would the Seahawks draft then, 20th?

errand
09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey, who needs Gerald McCoy, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, or Eric Berry when you have Alphonso Smith. LOL LOL

...and you know for certain, without a doubt that -

A] the Broncos would have the #5 pick next season.

B] that those players you mentioned would be great NFL players.

C] Alphonso Smith will be a huge bust, never justifying his 2nd round draft status

I don't know if any of the above is true, because those players you mentioned might not play as well this year as they did the past year...they could also get injured...or be busts as well.

I don't know how many games the Broncos will win...but I believe they'll do better than most of you clowns think.

I don't know if Smith will pan out or not...hence my using the word "potential" when discussing his chances of success. He might become the next Champ Bailey...or he might become the next Boss Bailey. But I'd give him more than 3preseason games to find out before I'd be highly critical of him.

Rohirrim
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
We should have picked Ed Reed.

Popps
09-02-2009, 03:48 PM
We should have picked Ed Reed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Kyi0WNg40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Kyi0WNg40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Popps
09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow! Isnt $500 a months worth of SuperFan costumes for you?

Are you sure you want to do that?

Pretty funny.

Lex talks **** 24/7, but tucks tail and runs for the hills when he's called out.

By the way, Lex... being a "Superfan" isn't really a bad thing on most football team fan-boards.

Anyway, I guess you'll be leaving now. Since you can't put your money where your mouth is, and all.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM

You're expecting logic and forethought from lex?

Uh... don't hold your breath.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 04:33 PM

We gave up what to get Cutler? I didn't hear anyone b****ing about it then...so why b**** about it now.

First off errand... Last years draft was a historically ****ty draft. On the other hand 2010 is looking to be exactly the opposite.

2nd... If you don't know the difference in value between a 3rd round pick and a 1st round pick -or- the difference in value between a CB and a QB then we have nothing to talk about.

Finally this was a stupid move no matter who did it. McKidd, Shanny, Bowlen, Xanders... Doesn't matter it was a stupid idea.

As Forest would say... Stupid is as stupid does.

Popps
09-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Finally this was a stupid move no matter who did it. McKidd, Shanny, Bowlen, Xanders... Doesn't matter it was a stupid idea.

So, if Smith pans out to be a top cover corner, i.e. a first-round talent... and we selected (and paid him) 15-20 slots lower as a result, it's a stupid move?

It's a move with inherent risk, but so is drafting in the top 15 and paying guys accordingly. Have you seen what draft picks are doing contract-wise this year?

Then, what about the idea of a rebuilding team having one key element in place one year earlier? What about the year of experience Smith will have by next year's opening day. That's not worth anything with regards to compensation?

Again, it's not a move without risk. If it blows up and Smith can't play... sure, it's a bad trade, but moreover... a bad pick. If Smith pans out to be a quality starter... then we just get him a year earlier and paid him less money in the process.

It's the draft-version of the bird-in-hand theory.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
So, if Smith pans out to be a top cover corner, i.e. a first-round talent... and we selected (and paid him) 15-20 slots lower as a result, it's a stupid move?

It's a move with inherent risk, but so is drafting in the top 15 and paying guys accordingly. Have you seen what draft picks are doing contract-wise this year?

Then, what about the idea of a rebuilding team having one key element in place one year earlier? What about the year of experience Smith will have by next year's opening day. That's not worth anything with regards to compensation?

Again, it's not a move without risk. If it blows up and Smith can't play... sure, it's a bad trade, but moreover... a bad pick. If Smith pans out to be a quality starter... then we just get him a year earlier and paid him less money in the process.

It's the draft-version of the bird-in-hand theory.

It's an incredibly high risk low reward move... typical of this offseason. Similiar to trading a top ten 25 year old QB for Orton and a couple of lotto tickets. HUGE risk with limited upside.

We already have Champ Bailly and at 30 years old still has several years left in him. Even if your fantasy comes true and a 5'9" 4.52 -40 corner becomes the next Darrel Green... who cares. It's not a position of need. With our limited pass rush a secondary of Sanders, Bailey, Lott and Atwater would get picked apart.

DLine, Safety*, QB, ILB... those are areas we are either devoid of talent or very thin at. If he played any of those positions then this selection might have a leg to stand on.

Wether you or the other "optomistic" folks want to believe it or not, this is a rebuilding year for us. My hope all along was 6-10 after watching this team play and now the injuries on the Oline and WR... 4-12 is highly likely. Last year that would of been #4 or #5. We would have a shot at SEVERAL freakishly gifted players at all of our areas of need. Bad for us...Good for Seattle.

You don't build any organization making multiple high risk limited upside decisions... McKidd is showing his age working like this.

* Dawkins only has 1 maybe 2 seasons left

Bronx33
09-02-2009, 05:01 PM
HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8ekn1vi5AE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8ekn1vi5AE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Popps
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
It's an incredibly high risk low reward move... typical of this offseason. Similiar to trading a top ten 25 year old QB for Orton and a couple of lotto tickets. HUGE risk with limited upside.

We're not talking about Cutler quitting the team. We're talking about the Smith pick, and trading draft slots to take a player we coveted.

We already have Champ Bailly and at 30 years old still has several years left in him.

Well, it's pre-season, but Champ was barely on the field last year, and looks slowed this year thus far. We'll see how it goes, but to assume that he's got several quality years left is somewhat of a risk in itself.

DLine, Safety*, QB, ILB... those are areas we are either devoid of talent or very thin at. If he played any of those positions then this selection might have a leg to stand on. t

This is probably the most valid part of your argument, imo... those we were thin at nickel CB, and desperately needed a play-maker in the secondary. Add out his help on special teams, and it's a major insurance policy for several trouble-areas. What if Champ can't play all season, like last year... you don't want anyone with talent to step in?

Wether you or the other "optomistic" folks want to believe it or not, this is a rebuilding year for us.

Considering I've said that probably 50 times on this board, I'm not sure why you're reporting it to me as news.

... and yes, I'm optimistic.

My hope all along was 6-10 after watching this team play and now the injuries on the Oline and WR... 4-12 is highly likely.

Whatever. Record is only so important in a year where we all agree we're not likely to win a playoff game. More important is building a proper foundation for sustained winning, not trying to smoke-and-mirrors our way to a 9-7 playoff miss.

We would have a shot at SEVERAL freakishly gifted players at all of our areas of need. Bad for us...Good for Seattle.

Again, potentially. We also would have had to pay up big-time, and pay two first round picks... and again, CB is a position of need. Our biggest? Probably not, but if he turns out to be a ball-hawk like he was in college? Absolutely.

You don't build any organization making multiple high risk limited upside decisions... McKidd is showing his age working like this.

Shanahan was a major risk-taker. He made unconventional moves at every turn. Sometimes you hit, and sometimes you don't. Ask Shanahan.

McDaniels has also made a ton of LOW-RISK, high-reward moves to fill out this roster with guys like Dawkins, Gaffney, Davis, Goodman, etc.

So, you're choosing your battles very selectively, here.... and in my opinion, making a mountain out of a molehill. You're also making definitive statements with no evidence to back up your beliefs. Generally, not fruitful.

Perhaps we can let Smith play for a season before we call him **** and McDaniels a fool for drafting him.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
We're not talking about Cutler quitting the team. We're talking about the Smith pick, and trading draft slots to take a player we coveted.

Well, it's pre-season, but Champ was barely on the field last year, and looks slowed this year thus far. We'll see how it goes, but to assume that he's got several quality years left is somewhat of a risk in itself.

This is probably the most valid part of your argument, imo... those we were thin at nickel CB, and desperately needed a play-maker in the secondary. Add out his help on special teams, and it's a major insurance policy for several trouble-areas. What if Champ can't play all season, like last year... you don't want anyone with talent to step in?

Considering I've said that probably 50 times on this board, I'm not sure why you're reporting it to me as news.

... and yes, I'm optimistic.

Whatever. Record is only so important in a year where we all agree we're not likely to win a playoff game. More important is building a proper foundation for sustained winning, not trying to smoke-and-mirrors our way to a 9-7 playoff miss.

Again, potentially. We also would have had to pay up big-time, and pay two first round picks... and again, CB is a position of need. Our biggest? Probably not, but if he turns out to be a ball-hawk like he was in college? Absolutely.

Shanahan was a major risk-taker. He made unconventional moves at every turn. Sometimes you hit, and sometimes you don't. Ask Shanahan.

McDaniels has also made a ton of LOW-RISK, high-reward moves to fill out this roster with guys like Dawkins, Gaffney, Davis, Goodman, etc.

So, you're choosing your battles very selectively, here.... and in my opinion, making a mountain out of a molehill. You're also making definitive statements with no evidence to back up your beliefs. Generally, not fruitful.

Perhaps we can let Smith play for a season before we call him **** and McDaniels a fool for drafting him.

Pops would Cutler have played for us this year had we not traded him or do you think he would have retired?

Popps
09-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Pops would Cutler have played for us this year had we not traded him or do you think he would have retired?

Who knows. He may have held out.. caused years of distraction, pulled a Brandon Marshall, etc.

You'd prefer that our coach would have waited around without any plan B, and just hoped Quilter suddenly grew a pair and honored his contract?

Beyond that, Cutler has been rehashed 50K times. There are valid points on both sides, but I believe there were bigger reasons for Jay being traded than just him being "butt-sore" over McDaniels.

TonyR
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
First off errand... Last years draft was a historically ****ty draft.

This has already been determined? Or is this just what all the "experts" say so you're running with it?

TheDave
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
We're not talking about Cutler quitting the team. We're talking about the Smith pick, and trading draft slots to take a player we coveted. Well, it's pre-season, but Champ was barely on the field last year, and looks slowed this year thus far. We'll see how it goes, but to assume that he's got several quality years left is somewhat of a risk in itself.
This is probably the most valid part of your argument, imo... those we were thin at nickel CB, and desperately needed a play-maker in the secondary. Add out his help on special teams, and it's a major insurance policy for several trouble-areas. What if Champ can't play all season, like last year... you don't want anyone with talent to step in? Considering I've said that probably 50 times on this board, I'm not sure why you're reporting it to me as news. ... and yes, I'm optimistic. Whatever. Record is only so important in a year where we all agree we're not likely to win a playoff game. More important is building a proper foundation for sustained winning, not trying to smoke-and-mirrors our way to a 9-7 playoff miss. Again, potentially. We also would have had to pay up big-time, and pay two first round picks... and again, CB is a position of need. Our biggest? Probably not, but if he turns out to be a ball-hawk like he was in college? Absolutely. Shanahan was a major risk-taker. He made unconventional moves at every turn. Sometimes you hit, and sometimes you don't. Ask Shanahan. McDaniels has also made a ton of LOW-RISK, high-reward moves to fill out this roster with guys like Dawkins, Gaffney, Davis, Goodman, etc. So, you're choosing your battles very selectively, here.... and in my opinion, making a mountain out of a molehill. You're also making definitive statements with no evidence to back up your beliefs. Generally, not fruitful. Perhaps we can let Smith play for a season before we call him **** and McDaniels a fool for drafting him.

Your schtick is gettin pretty predictable here... Wait and see... Wait and see.

I don't need to take time to see if a 5'9" slow corner can take over for Champ... I'll leave that fantasy up to you and montrose.

Our off season has been full of high-risk Limited upside moves. Now let me state that again... LIMITED UPSIDE. He isn't going to supplant the future HOF'er therefore the best he can be on this team is a #2 corner.

So on one hand I have the potential of a Franchise QB maybe even a NT that would finaly make this defense work. Or I can have a undersized somewhat slow #2 corner. Gee I wonder what is the better option? For me that's a simple choice. You need to wait and see.

There was a time before all the Kool Aid screwed up you judgement you would have agreed with this. I'm looking forward to the personality shift.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
This has already been determined? Or is this just what all the "experts" say so you're running with it?

Look if you want to pretend last years draft was stocked with talent (especially DB's)... have at it.

Just don't be surprised when you are the only one thinking that.

Popps
09-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Your schtick is gettin pretty predictable here... Wait and see... Wait and see.

Yea, and yours isn't? Crying like a child about every move that takes place without so much as a single NFL game to base your ****-fit upon?

Yea, that's super-fresh, dude. You and Lex really keep the place interesting.

Y
I don't need to take time to see if a 5'9" slow corner can take over for Champ... I'll leave that fantasy up to you and montrose..

Really? Seems to me that several sub 6' CBs played in the Pro Bowl last year. Also seems to me that our last coach drafted a talented, shorter CB.

But, clearly... who are Shanahan and McDaniels to question some slob on a message board. Obviously, they should have consulted you.

There was a time before all the Kool Aid screwed up you judgement you would have agreed with this. I'm looking forward to the personality shift.

Kool-Aid?

Sorry bro... just because I'm actually looking forward to football?

Because I actually may use evidence to form my opinions, not pure speculation based on no evidence?

Yea, let me be as rational as you guys... chalking us up for years of failure before we take a regular season snap.

Yep, making decisions based on no evidence is always a great idea. Keep it up!

:thumbsup:

TheDave
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Yea, and yours isn't? Crying like a child about every move that takes place without so much as a single NFL game to base your ****-fit upon? Yea, that's super-fresh, dude. You and Lex really keep the place interesting. Really? Seems to me that several sub 6' CBs played in the Pro Bowl last year. Also seems to me that our last coach drafted a talented, shorter CB. But, clearly... who are Shanahan and McDaniels to question some slob on a message board. Obviously, they should have consulted you.Kool-Aid? Sorry bro... just because I'm actually looking forward to football? Because I actually may use evidence to form my opinions, not pure speculation based on no evidence? Yea, let me be as rational as you guys... chalking us up for years of failure before we take a regular season snap. Yep, making decisions based on no evidence is always a great idea. Keep it up!:thumbsup:

Watching you get your panties in a bunch is disapointing. Hate to break it to you popps but everyone on this board is making judgement based on limited information... Including you. Sorry to tell you, but your no better than anyone else here.

The fact remains the highest this Smith pick can go is a #2 corner. Unless you want to pull a montrose and predict that he will start over champ the move has limited upside. Stupid move during a rebuilding year. If you could get McKidds hairless nuts out of you mouth you would clearly see this.

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Watching you get your panties in a bunch is disapointing. Hate to break it to you popps but everyone on this board is making judgement based on limited information... Including you. Sorry to tell you, but your no better than anyone else here.
He sure thinks he is though ... and he'll insult and condescend to anybody who disagrees :~ohyah!:

Good post, none of us really know much of anything of course. Partially because telecasts move around to follow the ball. So even if somebody here had real pro football knowledge, they couldn't really follow individual players unless they're right around the ball. I find it especially frustrating with the offensive line.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Dude, this is getting uncomfortable. It's like watching Kirk and Spock fight to the death.

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Dude, this is getting uncomfortable. It's like watching Kirk and Spock fight to the death.

lex and pops?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
lex and pops?

Dave and Popps.

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Dave and Popps.
Popps just fights, period. He actively seeks out disagreement in order to vent what appears to be a good-sized reservoir of anger. That's my professional opinion, anyway. Me, Taco, TheDave, Reverend, footsteps, many, many, others.

I used to get lots of good reps on my Popps smack, but they've dried up lately. Either people have tired of my act, or else they figure he's unreachable ... not sure which ???

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Popps just fights, period. He actively seeks out disagreement in order to vent what appears to be a good-sized reservoir of anger. That's my professional opinion, anyway. Me, Taco, TheDave, Reverend, many, many, others.

I used to get lots of good reps on my Popps smack, but they've dried up lately. Either people have tired of my act, or else they figure he's unreachable ... not sure which ???

So how do you explain Lex? What's his malfunction? Aside from having zero boundaries from our intrepid moderators, I mean...

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 08:11 PM
So how do you explain Lex? What's his malfunction? Aside from having zero boundaries from our intrepid moderators, I mean...
Lex makes intentionally provocative, bizarre statements, and he repeats them ad nauseum. It's attention seeking and intentionally out-of-the-mainstream behavior. I think he likes to tweak guys, likes to provoke reaction. Kinda like Bob, actually. Negative attention is still, well, attention.

But I rarely see lex personally attack others in such a hostile manner, definiteley not the constant "****ing ****" Popps style. And I also don't see lex obsess over an imaginary enemy group as Popps does with his near-constant references to a "moping mafia."

(In your quote of me there, did you delete footsteps' name from my list for some reason?)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Lex makes intentionally provocative, bizarre statements, and he repeats them ad nauseum. It's attention seeking and intentionally out-of-the-mainstream behavior. Kinda like Bob, actually.

But I rarely see lex personally attack others in such a hostile manner, definiteley not the constant "****ing ****" Popps style. And I also don't see lex obsess over an imaginary enemy group as Popps does with his near-constant references to a "moping mafia."

I don't think so, but I do see that you have two posts in a row up there. I quoted the first one, I think...

(In your quote of me there, did you delete footsteps' name from my list for some reason?)

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't think so, but I do see that you have two posts in a row up there. I quoted the first one, I think...

Which part "don't you think so"? Nobody attacks so many others, so often, and with such hostility as Popps.

Like I said, I used to get lots of good rep on my Popps smack, but that's dried up lately.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Which part "don't you think so"? Nobody attacks so many others, so often, and with such hostility as Popps.

Like I said, I used to get lots of good rep on my Popps smack, but that's dried up lately.

I don't think I removed footsteps from your original quote.

Sorry for the misco disco.

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess double posted and added footsteps.

Here's an example, from just 6 or 7 posts above:

Yea, and yours isn't? Crying like a child about every move that takes place without so much as a single NFL game to base your ****-fit upon? Yea, that's super-fresh, dude. You and Lex really keep the place interesting. Really? Seems to me that several sub 6' CBs played in the Pro Bowl last year. Also seems to me that our last coach drafted a talented, shorter CB. But, clearly... who are Shanahan and McDaniels to question some slob on a message board. Obviously, they should have consulted you.Kool-Aid? Sorry bro... just because I'm actually looking forward to football? Because I actually may use evidence to form my opinions, not pure speculation based on no evidence? Yea, let me be as rational as you guys... chalking us up for years of failure before we take a regular season snap. Yep, making decisions based on no evidence is always a great idea. Keep it up!

That is one MASSIVELY hostile quote ... and he posts like that all the time, all.the.time.

ohiobronco2
09-02-2009, 08:22 PM
...and you know for certain, without a doubt that -

A] the Broncos would have the #5 pick next season.

B] that those players you mentioned would be great NFL players.

C] Alphonso Smith will be a huge bust, never justifying his 2nd round draft status

I don't know if any of the above is true, because those players you mentioned might not play as well this year as they did the past year...they could also get injured...or be busts as well.

I don't know how many games the Broncos will win...but I believe they'll do better than most of you clowns think.

I don't know if Smith will pan out or not...hence my using the word "potential" when discussing his chances of success. He might become the next Champ Bailey...or he might become the next Boss Bailey. But I'd give him more than 3preseason games to find out before I'd be highly critical of him.

A. I never said the Bronco's would have the number 5 pick, but I do believe they will be pretty damn close to that. They will definitely be picking in the top 10.

B. We all know that the draft is a crap shoot, but experts believe that next years draft will have a lot of talent at positions of great need. We didn't need a CB when we don't appear to have the ability to get to the QB. I believe in building from inside out. We have an all pro CB on one side and a damn decent one on the other. We also signed several players to fill the safety and CB positions in free agency.

C. Alphonso doesn't have to justify 2nd round status, it's first round status. He may have been taken in the 2nd round, but a first was traded to acquire him and that is how he will be judged like it or not.

Listen, I get that people want to remain optimistic about this team until we see what is going to happen during the reg season. I just think that we are going to go down in flames, I don't see it any other way and just about every expert on TV shares these beliefs. It seems to be McDaniels lovers VS. McDaniels haters on here. Atleast you know where the haters are coming from, they firmly believe the team will be bad and tell you we are going to be 5-11 or 4-12. The lovers give the standard, "lets just wait and see." approach. If McDaniels is a success, they'll claim they knew it all along. If he is terrible, it'll be, "Well, we never said he'd be great, we just asked for everyone to be patient." I don't know everything, but I do know we are all entitled to our opinions, we are all fans of the DENVER BRONCOS and we all want them to succeed, regardless of who calls the shots.

lex
09-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Lex makes intentionally provocative, bizarre statements, and he repeats them ad nauseum. It's attention seeking and intentionally out-of-the-mainstream behavior. I think he likes to tweak guys, likes to provoke reaction. Kinda like Bob, actually. Negative attention is still, well, attention.

Thats not true. Im performing a public service. The preseasons for getting ready for the regular season. Think of the service Im providing as fan bootcamp. Its not my fault people get worked up over what I post.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh really? So, the 15 posts in a row, spamming the board, was like a tip drill?

And you're just a coach, and we should all be thanking you?

You're a moron. Sincerely. The fact that you're the only one who doesn't see it only makes it funnier. The fact that you're annoying as hell and are literally ruining the board is ****ty.

lex
09-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Oh really? So, the 15 posts in a row, spamming the board, was like a tip drill?

And you're just a coach, and we should all be thanking you?

You're a moron. Sincerely. The fact that you're the only one who doesn't see it only makes it funnier. The fact that you're annoying as hell and are literally ruining the board is ****ty.

Sticks and stones.

Popps
09-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Watching you get your panties in a bunch is disapointing. Hate to break it to you popps but everyone on this board is making judgement based on limited information... Including you. Sorry to tell you, but your no better than anyone else here. .

Hey man, I posted a analytical, non-attacking response to your post... and you freaked and started calling people Kool-aid drinkers. In fact, I even agreed with part of your argument.

But, you couldn't handle a 2-sided discussion, and went for your sky-is-falling routine, and started name-calling.

You want to talk like big boys... cool.

You want to name-call... cool.

Again, I'll base my opinions on facts as they play out. If you want to use no facts and assume you know how the next few years will go... please feel free.

You're not objective. You give only one possible outcome, based on "limited" evidence.

That's not analysis. It's nonsense.

BroncoInSkinland
09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
That is one MASSIVELY hostile quote ... and he posts like that all the time, all.the.time.

I actually took a break from the 'mane because of this. I had some other stuff going on so it wasn't exclusively Popps, but it contributed. The best part is one of my favorite reps came from Popps telling me I seemed like a long term fan, not one of the "Bandwagoneers". He made it back when I was agreeing with him that Plummer was serviceable, Cutler was a luxury, and that D-line was the necessity. Strange how times change. I'm still looking forward to Popps takes on the D-line when he stops waving the "true" fan flag. Lex and TSIguy I am not sure there is as much hope for.

lex
09-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey man, I posted a analytical, non-attacking response to your post... and you freaked and started calling people Kool-aid drinkers. In fact, I even agreed with part of your argument.

But, you couldn't handle a 2-sided discussion, and went for your sky-is-falling routine, and started name-calling.

Again, I'll base my opinions on facts as they play out. If you want to use no facts and assume you know how the next few years will go... please feel free.

You're not objective. You give only one possible outcome, based on "limited" evidence.

That's not analysis. It's nonsense.

The only valid discussion is one thats on your terms. Nice.

TheDave
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM

Just don't cry because everyone isn't as miserable as you.

Awesome... Come on back when you finally collect enough info to dazzle us with your opinion.

Bronx33
09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
The only valid discussion is one thats on your terms. Nice.

Atleast try to make sense ok.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Popps just fights, period. He actively seeks out disagreement in order to vent what appears to be a good-sized reservoir of anger. That's my professional opinion, anyway. Me, Taco, TheDave, Reverend, footsteps, many, many, others.

I'd have to say Popps and The Dave are my favorite posters, and usually we see things the same way up until this offseason. Even then, I can appreciate Popps' point of view.. just see things differently. I don't believe for a second his takes are antagonistic just for some cathartic release.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Sticks and stones.

Go ahead, finish it.

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but at the end of the day you're a big fat infected pussy.

lex
09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Pretty funny.

Lex talks **** 24/7, but tucks tail and runs for the hills when he's called out.

By the way, Lex... being a "Superfan" isn't really a bad thing on most football team fan-boards.

Anyway, I guess you'll be leaving now. Since you can't put your money where your mouth is, and all.

I dont really know what youre referring to.

lex
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Go ahead, finish it.

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but at the end of the day you're a big fat infected p***Y.

And your inernet street credit makes you Braveheart? WTF.

Popps
09-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I dont really know what youre referring to.

Of course you do.

You were challenged to a bet after talking ****, and you changed the subject.

Not a real shocker.

lex
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Of course you do.

You were challenged to a bet after talking ****, and you changed the subject.

Not a real shocker.

Are you talking about this?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2536268&postcount=23

That wasnt an offer extended to me, you dink.

Popps
09-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Are you talking about this?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2536268&postcount=23

That wasnt an offer extended to me, you dink.

Oh, that's right... you just jumped his ass, calling him "Superfan," as if being a fan is a bad thing.

Poor lex.

No friends, spamming a football board for attention. Getting banned. Life just didn't turn out that well for ya, huh?

lex
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh, that's right... you just jumped his ass, calling him "Superfan," as if being a fan is a bad thing.

Poor lex.

No friends, spamming a football board for attention. Getting banned. Life just didn't turn out that well for ya, huh?

Dont worry. No amount of desperation is going to cover the egg on your face. You can cry and sceam all you want, that doesnt change the fact that youre so desperate to spew your pathetic vitriole, youre willing to make stuff up.

Trust me. Its not "poor lex".

Popps
09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Trust me. Its not "poor lex".

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

O.K. internet kid. You go be a good troll and tell more lies, little boy.

Go ahead... run along and seek your attention.

lex
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

O.K. internet kid. You go be a good troll and tell more lies, little boy.

Go ahead... run along and seek your attention.

How is that a lie? Again, youre so desperate, youre not even making sense.

Archie
09-03-2009, 06:16 AM

ding ding ding ding.... Exactly

errand
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
The fact remains the highest this Smith pick can go is a #2 corner.

I'm sorry...I thought most defenses have TWO CB's.

and once again your genius comes shining thru.... a rookie CB won't be our #1 CB. Damn why couldn't Bowlen have interviewed you instead of McDaniels?

TheDave
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry...I thought most defenses have TWO CB's.

and once again your genius comes shining thru.... a rookie CB won't be our #1 CB. Damn why couldn't Bowlen have interviewed you instead of McDaniels?

Is he going to supplant champ?

If not... that's #2

As usual errand you're too busy pretending you're smart when you should spend a little more time reading and understanding what people say.

errand
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Is he going to supplant champ?

If not... that's #2

As usual errand you're too busy pretending you're smart when you should spend a little more time reading and understanding what people say.

Not sure about you, but the #2 CB is the guy who plays opposite of your #1 CB...just like your #2 WR, who lines up on the other side of the line of scrimmage. The #3 CB is usually your nickleback....and the #4 CB is for the dime package.

Last year Brandon Stokely was our #3 WR....Eddie Royal was our #2 WR. Unless we have a one CB package designed the #2 CB will be on the field.

And, I don't recall saying he would supplant Champ. More than likely he won't do it this year...but he might next year.....you never know. Darrent Williams didn't supplant champ...but I think over time he'd have turned out to become an excellent CB.

TheDave
09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Not sure about you, but the #2 CB is the guy who plays opposite of your #1 CB...just like your #2 WR, who lines up on the other side of the line of scrimmage. The #3 CB is usually your nickleback....and the #4 CB is for the dime package.

Last year Brandon Stokely was our #3 WR....Eddie Royal was our #2 WR. Unless we have a one CB package designed the #2 CB will be on the field.

And, I don't recall saying he would supplant Champ. More than likely he won't do it this year...but he might next year.....you never know. Darrent Williams didn't supplant champ...but I think over time he'd have turned out to become an excellent CB.

Exactly... the odds are he will not supplant a HOF player like champ Bailey. Therefore the highest his value can ever go is a #2 corner. Which is exactly what I said. His value to the team is capped for the next several years.

Which leads me to my point this was a HIGH RISK / LIMITED UPSIDE move. To top it off it looks like a high likely hood that this will be a rebuilding year. Therefore the pick we gave up will most likely be very high.

For example: Would you spend the 10th pick of the draft on a #3 WR? No you wouldn't.

Again try reading and understanding what was said instead of pretending your point is something new and brilliant.

BroncoBuff
09-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Classic projection ... you were looking in the mirror when posted that. That from a guy who spends all his free time in here attacking and insulting people.

errand
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
The flaw in your argument is you keep saying the kid has limited upside....and you know this how?

errand
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Classic projection ... you were looking in the mirror when posted that. That from a guy who spends all his free time in here attacking and insulting people.

...well in fairness to Popps, he only attacks the ignorant people on here.

errand
09-05-2009, 10:59 PM
The kid has these credentials....

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=9872y

...and hasn't played a down in the regular season yet...but he's not worth what we gave up to get him. And of course you know this how?

BroncoBuff
09-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Like Taco John, The Dave, footsteps, Reverend, and me ... in just the last month? hmmm...

The parts about "no friends" and "life didn't turn out" are so personal and so far off the topic, they are classic "projections." You don't have to be a psychiatrist to see it, look it up.

;D

lex
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Those are big words coming from someone who has to go to Mt. Pilot to see a movie on a Friday night.

But thats how it is with the Felatiating Flock...big talk followed by excuse making for why going 4-12 is awesome.

ohiobronco2
09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Those are big words coming from someone who has to go to Mt. Pilot to see a movie on a Friday night.

But thats how it is with the Felatiating Flock...big talk followed by excuse making for why going 4-12 is awesome.

But....But....But....Lex, you're not a real fan. We are rebuilding, implementing a new system on Offense and Defense. It's not McDaniels fault, I mean, it's not like he had a hand in trading a franchise QB and trading a high pick in a loaded draft for a nickel corner. LEAVE MCDANIELS ALONE!!!!!!ROFL!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Crocker1.JPG

Missouribronc
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Lex = moron.

Broncos fans should pay less for tickets because they play in the cold.

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Ohhh boy! andy Griffith smack you go girl!