PDA

View Full Version : Jets trying to trade for Marshall?

DarkHorse
09-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Was watching Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN and it scrolled across the bottom of the screen.

Do they have anything that we would be interested in besides picks?

Sorry no link - as I said, it scrolled across the bottom ticker.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Kris Jenkins

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
At this point isn't his trade value at an all time low after the practice footage of him acting a fool? Best scenario: bring him back in the regular season, hope he catches a clue and then trade him to some NFC contender before the trade deadline for draft picks we can use next year to hdlp get a QB.

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Mark Sanchez or no dice.

Man-Goblin
They have a hard on for him. Accept nothing less than the Dirty Sanchez for him.

Bronco Boy
I'd take some combination of Jenkins/Revis/Gholston/Cotchery/Picks. Probably just another crazy rumor though.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Mark Sanchez or no dice.

:rofl:

Epic fail... trade your 25 year old pro-bowl quarterback, and continue the fire sale for a high-priced rookie who hasn't played a down.

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
:rofl:

Epic fail... trade your 25 year old pro-bowl quarterback, and continue the fire sale for a high-priced rookie who hasn't played a down.

The season has been an epic fail since April 2nd.
Really, "The Coach" would probably just go for Erik Ainge.
So he can mold him in his image.

Blart
09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Source of the rumor:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-consider-deal-for-unhappy-receiver-marshall-1.1415259

El Guapo
09-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Doesn't this board have at least 10 other threads in regards to this? I know at least one of them talks about Marshall and the Jets.

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Sanchez? You guys who are suggesting him realize that if the Jets were to trade him in the first year of a monster rookie deal, they'd have to absorb like a $30 mil cap hit, don't you?

Man-Goblin
09-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Sanchez? You guys who are suggesting him realize that if the Jets were to trade him in the first year of a monster rookie deal, they'd have to absorb like a $30 mil cap hit, don't you?

I believe people said it in jest, or at least I did.

DarkHorse
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Doesn't this board have at least 10 other threads in regards to this? I know at least one of them talks about Marshall and the Jets.

Dunno - don't see 10 threads that were started this morning regarding this. The ticker just scrolled it - perhaps it's a rerun ticker from couple months ago?

ColoradoDarin
09-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Cotchery + Jenkins + 3rd rounder for Marshall and a 6th (of course!)

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-02-2009, 08:02 AM
What a weak column. He managed to shoot down any trade in 2 different ways, yet still felt the need to publish it. Stupid New Yorkers.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Pay Marshall don't trade him,Oh wait I forgot McD system doesn't need a High quilty WR

oubronco
09-02-2009, 08:22 AM
The season has been an epic fail since April 2nd.

isn't that what he's trying to do to Orton?

bloodsunday
09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Mark Sanchez or no dice.

except the reason they want BM is to help Sanchez. Trading him would defeat the purpose.

Dudeskey
09-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Throw Kris Jenkins & Jerricho Cotchery in the deal & maybe there's something worth discussing. Otherwise, no sale...™

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 08:28 AM
isn't that what he's trying to do to Orton?

He's trying, but there's no telling "The Coach" that you can't polish a turd.

Houshyamama
09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
He's trying, but there's no telling "The Coach" that you can't polish a turd.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBj6PonX14A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBj6PonX14A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SportinOne
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Pay Marshall don't trade him,Oh wait I forgot McD system doesn't need a High quilty WR

Or a high quality QB, for that matter. But it is funny to me that THIS is what people are buying into when McDaniels system was only a juggernaut for one year when he had:

A. The second-best quarterback in the league.

and

B. The best wide receiver in the league*, along with three other solid receivers.

*Moss probably isn't the best right now, but you can't say that anyone in the NFL could have done what he did that year.

Also, with basically the same team they lost 179 points of offense when Cassell took over for Brady.

Cassell > Orton

Moss/Welker >>> Our Receivers w/o Marshall

So what does that leave us with?

55CrushEm
09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Broncos are monitoring Jets for tampering with Marshall....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4439877

no-pseudo-fan
09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
These tampering things make it seem like Denver will not trade B Marsh

TheReverend
09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
The season has been an epic fail since January 2nd.

Fixed, bruuuuuuuu

SonOfLe-loLang
09-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Simple: Make him play.

TheReverend
09-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Or a high quality QB, for that matter. But it is funny to me that THIS is what people are buying into when McDaniels system was only a juggernaut for one year when he had:

A. The second-best quarterback in the league.

and

B. The best wide receiver in the league*, along with three other solid receivers.

*Moss probably isn't the best right now, but you can't say that anyone in the NFL could have done what he did that year.

Also, with basically the same team they lost 179 points of offense when Cassell took over for Brady.

Cassell > Orton

Moss/Welker >>> Our Receivers w/o Marshall

So what does that leave us with?

No one in the game of football has been, is, and probably ever will be, better than Randy Moss is with the deep ball.

Lolad
09-02-2009, 10:53 AM

but yet as we saw in preseason he does.. and the fans are yelling "we didn't have our top playmakers Marshall, or Moreno"

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
No one in the game of football has been, is, and probably ever will be, better than Randy Moss is with the deep ball.

Best I've ever seen. The catch at the 55 second mark in particular is quite possibly the most impressive deep catch I've ever seen.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7st-xEfDZo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7st-xEfDZo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Punisher
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
but yet as we saw in preseason he does.. and the fans are yelling "we didn't have our top playmakers Marshall, or Moreno"

I was being sarcastic