PDA

View Full Version : rod smiths twitter comment to me

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
i asked him "since youve been working with eddie, how great do you think he can become?"

he said...if he does retire a bronco. He will have all the records. I enjoy his work effort and spirit

rod was working with eddie today after practice, eddie really is our true #1. keep in mind rod smiths account is not verified yet, but a sports agent did announce it was him on twitter...

rod is awesome, thats all.

want2bAbronco2
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I wish we could find someone with the body size of Brandon and have all of Royals metal/physical gifts. All well, cant always find gems.

El Guapo
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Rod, can you please slap Bmarsh for us. Kthxbye.

Natedog24
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
If Marshal had Rod Smiths brain/ethics, he could honestly be the best WR in the league or damn close to it...

ZONA
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Eddie doesn't need size, the dude runs better routes then most of the probowl level WR's in this league, in only 1 year in the NFL. The man just gets open and always catches the ball.

Steve Largent wasn't a big guy by any means, and he was a total killa, same with Tim Brown.

UberBroncoMan
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
If Marshal had Rod Smiths brain/ethics, he could honestly be the best WR in the league or damn close to it...

Larry Fitz is Marshall with Rod's brain/ethics.

So yeah... Brandon would be talked about with the best of the best.

BMarsh615
09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Eddie will get hurt with all this underneath stuff we are running this year. He is to small. We aren't getting Eddie the ball in space we are throwing to him in the middle of the field and the LB's are just going to kill him.

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Eddie is a special player
The only concern I have for him is injuries since he isnt all that big

That 08 class was amazing, Shanny left us with some nice gifts from that class

steeledude
09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Rod is great and all, but who was it he picked to be our best receiver last year over Eddie and Brandon? Some guy who got cut. I can't even remember his name. He told Zappollo he was extremely impressed with the guy.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Rod is great and all, but who was it he picked to be our best receiver last year over Eddie and Brandon? Some guy who got cut. I can't even remember his name. He told Zappollo he was extremely impressed with the guy.

not sure who you are talking about, i really doubt he picked someone over brandon coming off 100+ catch season...

steeledude
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
not sure who you are talking about, i really doubt he picked someone over brandon coming off 100+ catch season...

Clifford Russell. That's who it was. He very clearly said on Zapollo's show that Russell was the receiver he was most impressed with on our roster. He said to watch that guy.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Clifford Russell. That's who it was. He very clearly said on Zapollo's show that Russell was the receiver he was most impressed with on our roster. He said to watch that guy.

id have to see context, it may have been "whos been the biggest surprise of the offseason" or something, in which case a more obscure name who looks good in camp is of course gonna be the surprise...

Punisher
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Eddie is a special player
The only concern I have for him is injuries since he isnt all that big

That 08 class was amazing, Shanny left us with some nice gifts from that class

I think 08 was just a deep class of good players.....

Odysseus
09-01-2009, 09:35 PM
i asked him "since youve been working with eddie, how great do you think he can become?"

he said...

rod was working with eddie today after practice, eddie really is our true #1. keep in mind rod smiths account is not verified yet, but a sports agent did announce it was him on twitter...

rod is awesome, thats all.

Rod Smith is the class of this organization.

Florida_Bronco
09-01-2009, 09:45 PM

Russell was actually getting some playing time before he had a season ending injury against the Chiefs.

DenverFanMan6
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
we need to use eddie royal like carolina uses steve smith

hambone13
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Rod Smith is the class of this organization.

ROFL, get over it...he's not here any more...

Los Broncos
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Cool post, I love Royal but he needs the ball in space.

Going across the middle is going to get him killed and all that underneth stuff.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Eddie will get hurt with all this underneath stuff we are running this year. He is to small. We aren't getting Eddie the ball in space we are throwing to him in the middle of the field and the LB's are just going to kill him.

if Welker can stay on the field, so can the more talented Eddie Royal

thumpc
09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
we need to use eddie royal like carolina uses steve smith
We have an O coach from Carolina so that could happen.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
you know talking about the young guys and comparing them with the legends. is it possible that 10-15 years from now, we are calling Eddie the best Broncos receiver ever, Clady the best LT, Hillis the best FB, Moreno the best RB, Doom the best pass rusher. or all the guys we currently call the best, forever going to be seen as the best?

JJJ
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM

Yep, don't see how the little feller can handle the punishment this type of offense generates. BM was a possession receiver, you see it in his numbers. Royal benefited from the space created and the double teams BM took on.

He caught a lot of balls last year but will have to catch more this year and the effects will be culmulative. He is a great player but needs a legitmate number one to make him fully effective.

footstepsfrom#27
09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Bingo. These 5-8 yard routes in the middle of the defense are where Marshall should be making his living. Can Gaffney and Scheffler catch 50 passes each? That's what we need just to make up for Marshall's absence. I think people are going to be shocked how much Eddie will miss Marshall. At this point I would not mind trading a high pick for the rights to Boldin because Eddie's gonne be fortunate to finishe the year in this offense.

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
If some dude managed to twitter me somehow or someway, I wouldn't be so open about it.

footstepsfrom#27
09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
rod was working with eddie today after practice...
Rod's not on the coaching staff so how is he getting to do this? What is he doing with him?

bronco militia
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Rod's not on the coaching staff so how is he getting to do this? What is he doing with him?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDzkE3S22fc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDzkE3S22fc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

baja
09-02-2009, 07:59 AM

I have been wondering about this too.

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
you know talking about the young guys and comparing them with the legends. is it possible that 10-15 years from now, we are calling Eddie the best Broncos receiver ever, Clady the best LT, Hillis the best FB, Moreno the best RB, Doom the best pass rusher. or all the guys we currently call the best, forever going to be seen as the best?

me? i didnt say it, the guy who IS the best broncos WR of all time said it fool.

WolfpackGuy
09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Without a quarterback to stretch the field and clear out that short to medium area, Royal will get killed.
DB's will just lick their chops and sit on that short ****.

Dudeskey
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
I wish we could find someone with the body size of Brandon and have all of Royals metal/physical gifts. All well, cant always find gems.

His name's Andre Johnson & I don't think Kubes is giving him up for nothing...

tsiguy96
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
His name's Andre Johnson & I don't think Kubes is giving him up for nothing...

calvin johnson is equally good IMO. he doesnt get the credit he deserves since hes on an awful team, but as an individual player hes ridiculous. ran a 4.35 i think at like 6'4? just crazy.

TheReverend
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Without a quarterback to stretch the field and clear out that short to medium area, Royal will get killed.
DB's will just lick their chops and sit on that short ****.

He's good enough to make something happen every time, though, I think. He's gonna definitely take some fierce shots though.