PDA

View Full Version : Moreno Practiced

rugbythug
09-01-2009, 05:08 PM
There are legitimate questions whether Denver running back Knowshon Moreno will be ready for Week One, but he certainly helped his chances Tuesday by returning to practice.

Moreno is wearing a "non-contact" jersey and may not participate in all portions of practice, but it's a positive sign for the team's first-round draft pick with ten days left before Denver's season opener against the Bengals.

Josh McDaniels' tumultuous offseason hasn't calmed down any in training camp. It's uncertain if Moreno and Brandon Marshall will be on the field in Week One, and wide receiver Jabar Gaffney looks likely to be out after fracturing his thumb. Starting quarterback Kyle Orton's finger, meanwhile, is nastier than his old neckbeard.

This was the first time Moreno has practiced since spraining his MCL on August 14. Even if Moreno is ready for the opener, it seems likely that he'll share the workload with Correll Buckhalter, Peyton Hillis, and possibly LaMont Jordan.

lex
09-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Lamont Jordan...please. The guy shouldnt even be on the team.

Los Broncos
09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
That means more Hillis and gives me a stiffy.

BroncoDoug
09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
That means more Hillis and gives me a stiffy.

Me tooooooo (no homo)

cutthemdown
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Hillis though you could see on a couple short yardage runs hes a little slow to the hole.

Moreno IMO will get up through the hole so much faster he will be really good in around the goal line, and on short yardage stuff on 3rd downs.

I like Hillis though but IMO you bring him on so that when Moreno or buck are resting the defense is like oh great now we got tackle this guy?

I worry about hillis getting too many touches because he plays so reckless. He was limping around last game already.

meangene
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Hillis though you could see on a couple short yardage runs hes a little slow to the hole.

Moreno IMO will get up through the hole so much faster he will be really good in around the goal line, and on short yardage stuff on 3rd downs.

I like Hillis though but IMO you bring him on so that when Moreno or buck are resting the defense is like oh great now we got tackle this guy?

I worry about hillis getting too many touches because he plays so reckless. He was limping around last game already.

Plus he looks like our new kick returner!