PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Alright. For the future of this franchise, we need to bite the bullet and sign this guy for 2 years.

We suffer through one season with the statue, and it will pay significant dividends via Tom Brandstater for the rest of his career.

Doubt it? I defy you to argue with the results:

Everytime Bledsoe has been on a team with a completely unknown quantity at QB behind him, that QB becomes a pro-bowler minimum, or a league MVP and HoFer.

Bledsoe and Brady
Bledsoe and Romo
Bledsoe and Brandstater....? :wiggle:

thumpc
09-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Brilliant!

lex
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Alright. For the future of this franchise, we need to bite the bullet and sign this guy for 2 years.

We suffer through one season with the statue, and it will pay significant dividends via Tom Brandstater for the rest of his career.

Everytime Bledsoe has been on a team with a completely unknown quantity at QB behind him, that QB becomes a pro-bowler minimum, or a league MVP and HoFer.

Bledsoe and Brady
Bledsoe and Romo

Awesome...the new Steve DeBerg.

no-pseudo-fan
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM

Bledsoe and Brady
Bledsoe and Romo

Bledson's career is very understated. Once he started to see the pass rush, he was over.

To me, Drew will always be the High School god back home in Walla Walla.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/MyWebFilms/Drama/WizardTinManClose.jpg

I think he said "oil can."

Doggcow
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Holy sht thats a great idea!

I'm a WSU fan too! All for it!

lex
09-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Bledson's career is very understated. Once he started to see the pass rush, he was over.

To me, Drew will always be the High School god back home in Walla Walla.

Well Denver has one of the best pass blocking lines in the league. Of course Cutler's mobility helped that and they just lost the RG from that line but, still, if theres a team where it might work, it might be Denver. Im guessing he's too far removed from football though.

Gcver2ver3
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
let's not forget that Bledsoe is somewhat familiar with the system too!!!...

bronco militia
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/MyWebFilms/Drama/WizardTinManClose.jpg

I think he said "oil can."

Hilarious!

DomCasual
09-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay, time for a confession: Years ago, I bought a signed Drew Bledsoe Patriots helmet (I have always collected signed helmets of players I liked or admired - and I still like him, to this day - even though he ended up sucking). I still have it. It's for sale, if anyone wants it.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:24 PM
can he even walk?

Rohirrim
09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
I heard Jeff George is looking for a job.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Nope. He's in Chicago.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM

can he do basic math or open a can of raviolis?

Rohirrim
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
can he do basic math or open a can of raviolis?

I don't know. What's Griese up to these days?

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
let's not forget that Bledsoe is somewhat familiar with the system too!!!...

no he's not. he played for NE but in a completely different scheme. also that was almost a decade ago. i don't even think McDaniels had anything to do with the Pats when Bledsoe was there.

Smiling Assassin27
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Holy sht thats a great idea!

I'm a WSU fan too! All for it!

Well in that case, sign up Ryan Leaf too! :thumbs:

Popps
09-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I've heard worse ideas.

Though, I'd like to see what Orton can do when he's healthy. Bledsoe as a back-up wouldn't be a bad thing, though.

Again, Orton has moved the offense... he's just made some silly throws and had a little bad luck on top of it. I think we need to give the dude a chance to play a couple of real games before we assume he's a failure.

rbackfactory80
09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Vinny T I could root for.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I've heard worse ideas.

Though, I'd like to see what Orton can do when he's healthy. Bledsoe as a back-up wouldn't be a bad thing, though.

Again, Orton has moved the offense... he's just made some silly throws and had a little bad luck on top of it. I think we need to give the dude a chance to play a couple of real games before we assume he's a failure.

i think once he has his RB back in the lineup, he is going to be fine. this preseason we haven't run the ball much in the red zone, and that for sure will change in the regular season. there is no way McDaniels has us passing as often in the red zone once the regular season begins. he was just giving Orton chances to get experience passing in the red zone if it becomes necessary. i believe Orton wil have a good year for us.

lex
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
i think once he has his RB back in the lineup, he is going to be fine. this preseason we haven't run the ball much in the red zone, and that for sure will change in the regular season. there is no way McDaniels has us passing as often in the red zone once the regular season begins. he was just giving Orton chances to get experience passing in the red zone if it becomes necessary

I hope so. Also, it seemed like the fullback was really working last game. I hope they dont do away with that.

Rohirrim
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh, and by Griese, I meant Bob. ;D

missingnumber7
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I think Elway should come back...think about it...first ever player/coach/owner...fix all the problems.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I hope so. Also, it seemed like the fullback was really working last game. I hope they dont do away with that.

i agree. i really like the Larsen-Hillis combo in short yardage or goal line situations.

DomCasual
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I can't believe no one has ripped me for my Bledsoe helmet.

It's a real helmet.

Signed by Bledsoe.

I paid probably $300 for it.

It's signed by Bledsoe.

It's just sitting there - mocking me. Well, it's in a closet. But it's mocking me there, I'm sure. A Drew Bledsoe helmet.

Don't you understand the pain? What is the matter with you people?

I'm leaving the board!

lex
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
i agree. i really like the Larsen-Hillis combo in short yardage or goal line situations.

Even in open field and non short yardage situations it was working.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM

It's a real helmet.

Signed by Bledsoe.

It's signed by Bledsoe.

It's just sitting there - mocking me. Well, it's in a closet. But it's mocking me there, I'm sure. A Drew Bledsoe helmet.

I'm leaving the board!

i'll give you 10 bucks for it

DomCasual
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
i'll give you 10 bucks for it

See, now that's what I'm talking about!

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 05:06 PM
ok can we atleast pick a QB that doesn't have double vision and refuses to scamble cause his scramble left him a loooooooooooooooooooooooooond time ago.

Gcver2ver3
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
no he's not. he played for NE but in a completely different scheme. also that was almost a decade ago. i don't even think McDaniels had anything to do with the Pats when Bledsoe was there.

you are incorrect...

Bledsoe indeed played in the scheme under Charlie Weiss...there have been some slight variations, but it's for certain the same scheme...Tom Brady soon replaced Bledsoe and ran Weiss' offense until McDaniels took the reigns due to Weiss' departure to ND...

The Patriots run a modified "Ron Erhardt - Ray Perkins" offensive system[1] installed by Charlie Weis under Bill Belichick

Bill Parcells ran the Erhardt - Perkins offensive system during his pro coaching years, which is where Charlie Weis originally learned it.[7] Many teams coached by members of the Parcells - Belichick coaching tree currently use this system, such as Notre Dame under Charlie Weis. The Pittsburgh Steelers also continued to run this system during the Bill Cowher years, from when Ron Erhardt was their offensive coordinator.[8] Carolina currently runs this system as well, under Jeff Davidson.[9] Kansas City adopted this system with the 2007 hiring of Chan Gailey as offensive coordinator.[10] The Denver Broncos adopted this system with the 2009 hiring of Josh McDaniels [11] (who served as offensive Coordinator of the New England Patriots under Bill Belicheck from 2005 through 2008).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy#Erhardt_-_Perkins_Offensive_System

i mean...could you have been MORE WRONG?...:afro:

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/chris-simms8.jpg

. . . . "I'm your huckleberry!"

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM

It's a real helmet.

Signed by Bledsoe.

It's signed by Bledsoe.

I'm leaving the board!

Is it signed by Bledsoe?

footstepsfrom#27
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Awesome...the new Steve DeBerg.
Why not just sign the old real Steve DeBerg?

Sodak
09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Rev, you're killing your street cred.

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Rev, you're killing your street cred.

Sadly, as this thread progresses more and more people are missing the point entirely........

PS. Is soup good food?

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Sadly, as this thread progresses more and more people are missing the point entirely........

Well, just to clarify then: When I posted Chris Simms saying he's the man, I was saying "no" to Bledsoe.

Glad I could clear that up for everybody ;D

lex
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Why not just sign the old real Steve DeBerg?

Dont say that around Joe Ellis. Pretty soon youll be giving advice like this to Bowlen.

footstepsfrom#27
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Dont say that around Joe Ellis. Pretty soon youll be giving advice like this to Bowlen.
Pat can't afford me. ;D

Punisher
09-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Bledsoe and Brady
Bledsoe and Romo

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Circle Orange
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Bledsoe and Brady
Bledsoe and Romo

Wait, don't you know the NFL cliche on this guy?

BLEDSOE IS A STATUE... Ha!

On the other hand, he's got a good lookin' dad...a cowboy!

DomCasual
09-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Is it signed by Bledsoe?

Indeed, it is! Can you offer me more than the $10 current bid?

DomCasual
09-01-2009, 08:12 PM

PS. Is soup good food?

Says the guy that didn't drop $300 on a Drew Bledsoe helmet.

I think it is you that is missing the point, sir!

Circle Orange
09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Well, just to clarify then: When I posted Chris Simms saying he's the man, I was saying "no" to Bledsoe.

Glad I could clear that up for everybody ;D

Please don't clear up anything...we prefer a muddled mess. :P

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Wait, don't you know the NFL cliche on this guy?

BLEDSOE IS A STATUE... Ha!

On the other hand, he's got a good lookin' dad...a cowboy!

Strong reading skills...........

(yes sarcasm)

bowtown
09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Pfffft... Bledsoe. What are you smoking Rev? Get Steve DeBerg on the phone.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Indeed, it is! Can you offer me more than the $10 current bid?

don't screw my bid. i'll up the offer, 10 bucks and Double Cheeseburger from McDonalds