PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking forward to seeing Brandstater in for a full game on Thursday

prunch
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Very impressed with his improvement between the seahawks and the bears.

That is all .....

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Iam too but wait lex will come along and crap on this thread shortly.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Very impressed with his improvement between the seahawks and the bears.

That is all .....

Agreed. Many here wanted to dump Brandstatter after the seahawks game but the fact is, Brandstatter was not getting any significant reps in practice because Orton and Simms were taking all the snaps.

Well, now Brandman has gotten some more reps and he actually looked ok. Imagine that.

If I'm McD, I prep him as the default start for this last game against the cards. Dress Orton as the 3rd backup and have Julio Iglasias as the #2.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
im excited to see if he will play with the starters for a series or two in game 4. that will be awesome to see if he can move the chains or if he freezes up.

thumpc
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
StartBrandstater.com domain was available after the Chi game. Somebody get on that.

s0phr0syne
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Agreed. Many here wanted to dump Brandstatter after the seahawks game but the fact is, Brandstatter was not getting any significant reps in practice because Orton and Simms were taking all the snaps.

Well, now Brandman has gotten some more reps and he actually looked ok. Imagine that.

If I'm McD, I prep him as the default start for this last game against the cards. Dress Orton as the 3rd backup and have Julio Iglasias as the #2.

I was one of the posters very UNimpressed by Brandstater's showing in Seattle. I honestly thought he was going to be useless to us this season. Of course, I left the caveat that we had yet to see him play with good talent around him, as the 2nd and 3rd OLs were not doing him any favors.

I'm glad to say that I was wrong--he showed that he could be a good QB3 for us this season and maybe develop into more with some time. I'm very happy about that development!

I still think we could do better than IngleMartin4...

broncocalijohn
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
StartBrandstater.com domain was available after the Chi game. Somebody get on that.

does the domain come with starthillisnow.com? THey are a package it seems and would like to see what a different look to this offense could possibly be. It could be Orton and Hillis in together or Brandstater and Hillis. I just want Hillis to bust Arizona's first team defense in the chops and let McDaniels know that he is ready to get his reps in. I think Orton is the overall best to start here but if he struggles in this system, why not look at what others we have. Anyone know if Simms will play this game?

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I'd be surprised if he plays the entire game and Ingle isn't in there for at least a quarter?

cutthemdown
09-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Broncos are a work in progress and bkup QB is not only open, I guess maybe even starting QB. This game will be mostly scrubs out there so hard to say.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
does the domain come with starthillisnow.com? THey are a package it seems and would like to see what a different look to this offense could possibly be. It could be Orton and Hillis in together or Brandstater and Hillis. I just want Hillis to bust Arizona's first team defense in the chops and let McDaniels know that he is ready to get his reps in. I think Orton is the overall best to start here but if he struggles in this system, why not look at what others we have. Anyone know if Simms will play this game?

simms will most definitely be out. injury was 2-4 weeks, this is the 2nd week....

Dukes
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
After last game, I'm excited to see him after a week of first team reps. We'll see.

24champ
09-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Glad to see your all onboard... :)

thumpc
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm not at all worried about Hillis. To me, he is already the starter and should be sat down against AZ. Once the real bullets start flying, after a couple of three and outs with Buck, Hillis will see plenty of reps.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Haha I'm not going to get too excited, but I liked the way he was moving in the pocket, and that deep ball he threw looked effortless, like he flicked it, and with a nice toight spiral.

Garcia Bronco
09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
He'll be the guy by mid-season

broncocalijohn
09-01-2009, 12:08 PM
He'll be the guy by mid-season

unless it is based on injuries, that would not be a good sign.

mhgaffney
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if this guy turns out to be the next Tom Brady...

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 01:56 PM

No. It would be a whole other word so mindblowing no one's used it yet. It will have to just be created at the moment we realize he is.

I think "gizz" is going to be part of the word though, quite frankly.

WolfpackGuy
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
The line in the Seahawks game almost got him killed.
Not too many would've gotten away from that rush.
Throw the rook out there behind the first stringers.

Bronco LB52
09-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Back in 1999, Brian Griese came out of nowhere to beat out two veterans (Bubby Brister and Chris Miller) for the starting gig.

It's highly unlikely that will happen here, but you never know.

Smiling Assassin27
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Hell, I'd settle for the next Mike Brady..

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:Pa1tCo25B1jbRM::tu.tv/imagenes/videos/t/h/the-brady-bunch-mike-brady-robert-reed_imagenGrande.jpg&h=94&w=125&usg=__iLYlB50skZ2OlP3V3019C1sYHYo=

Finger Roll
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I'd rather see Simms start this season if he's healthy enough. I'm not at all impressed with Orton. I thought in Chicago he looked solid when he was healthy last year, but now he's asked to do alot more and looks like trash. Simms can aleast stretch the field with his arm and take advantage of the 8 man fronts. Brandstater looked real good but that was against a vanilla d.

missingnumber7
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I say we start hillis at QB.

But on a more serious note...who is going to be the back up this week?

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I say we start hillis at QB.

But on a more serious note...who is going to be the back up this week?

The man

The myth

The legend

The cycling enthusiast

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/21894/dsc00171_medium.jpg

Gcver2ver3
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Brandstater in for a full game on Thursday

i'm looking forward to Orton having a chance to play with his full arsenal of offensive weapons...

RonDaChamp24
09-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I started Brandstater on my franchise in madden. He's a 60 overall. Pretty horrible. Not when I'm controlling him though. On All-Madden I threw 5 TD's against the Ravens D.

On to real life, I like Brandstater. IF this season starts tanking at some point I say we put him in there, let him take his lumps and see if he's our future qb. I hope Orton does well though. I like him and think he could be good in this system.