PDA

View Full Version : Farve with the crackback

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:03 AM
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQCSYvHuoRE&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQCSYvHuoRE&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-throws-a-dirty-block-at-Eugene-Wilso?urn=nfl,186324

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2009, 11:07 AM
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQCSYvHuoRE&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQCSYvHuoRE&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-throws-a-dirty-block-at-Eugene-Wilso?urn=nfl,186324

Stupid play by the Vikes. They should have never asked Favre to be in that situation. I don't think Favre intentionally hurt the guy but still, it was a questionable block.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Stupid play by the Vikes. They should have never asked Favre to be in that situation. I don't think Favre intentionally hurt the guy but still, it was a questionable block.

I agree about putting brett in that position but damn that was one ( i don't want to be hurt) sissy block if i have ever seen one farve should know better for christ sakes.

NFLBRONCO
09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
If Favre went to TC he could have worked on his blocking.

Flex Gunmetal
09-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Favre somehow continues to out-douche himself.

Smiling Assassin27
09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Favre supposedly has a cracked rib, of course he's gonna block like a chick. To have the guy even have to make that block is asinine. Put this on Brad Childress.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Favre supposedly has a cracked rib, of course he's gonna block like a chick. To have the guy even have to make that block is asinine. Put this on Brad Childress.

Cracked ribs? what did he fall down signing a drug endorsement contract?

thumpc
09-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't see the problem. The safety should have his head on swivel.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM

and a brace on his femur??

bendog
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I think he got a brace AFTER the crack back.

Childress prolly got confused and thought T. Jackson was in.

Flex Gunmetal
09-01-2009, 12:12 PM

Well the NFL disagrees with you.

El Guapo
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree about putting brett in that position but damn that was one ( i don't want to be hurt) sissy block if i have ever seen one farve should know better for christ sakes.

If that was a "I dont want to get hurt" block, then why did he throw his throwing shoulder into the block first?

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
If that was a "I dont want to get hurt" block, then why did he throw his throwing shoulder into the block first?

Ok the roll into the legs block less chance of being hurt or made a fool of 100% effectiveness plus the guy doesn't get up ( cause hes injured)= sissy block, standing up and actually making a block is different.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Man he looks old out there, I'm embarrassed just watching him.

TexanBob
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
What I want to know is:

1) Will the NFL have the cajones to fine Brett Favre like they would 98% of the rest of the players in the league for a cheap shot?

2) Will Kubiak EVER order his players to retaliate a cheap shot?

2007 - Drayton Florence of SD cheap shots Schaub after an INT. Schaub out a month. Nothing done to Florence.

2008 - Jared Allen of MIN goes after Schaub's knees twice on the same play. Gets it the second time and puts Schaub out for a month. Nothing done to Allen (the league later fines him).

2009 - A freaking quarterback cheap-shots the Houston safety and - again - nothing is done about it.

Until somebody in a Texan uniform goes Kyle Turley on somebody's ass, expect this sort of **** to keep happening to them because word around the league is clearly that they don't fight back.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
What I want to know is:

1) Will the NFL have the cajones to fine Brett Favre like they would 98% of the rest of the players in the league for a cheap shot?

2) Will Kubiak EVER order his players to retaliate a cheap shot?

2007 - Drayton Florence of SD cheap shots Schaub after an INT. Schaub out a month. Nothing done to Florence.

2008 - Jared Allen of MIN goes after Schaub's knees twice on the same play. Gets it the second time and puts Schaub out for a month. Nothing done to Allen (the league later fines him).

2009 - A freaking quarterback cheap-shots the Houston safety and - again - nothing is done about it.

Until somebody in a Texan uniform goes Kyle Turley on somebody's ass, expect this sort of **** to keep happening to them because word around the league is clearly that they don't fight back.

Hmm good point. It's also worth mentioning that two Texans players are multiple visit guests on the Ellen show!

....my gf told me that. Uhh

cmhargrove
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM

BS - if you're going to crack back, make it above the waist. To dive a crack back into a players knees is a cheap shot. That type of block could end a career.

thumpc
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
<TABLE class=CBSiTable id=RapidReportsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0 debug="false" onSort="CBSi.widget.Table.sort" defaultSort="false" enableSort="true"><TBODY id=RapidReportsTableData><TR class=rowOdd><TD class="dateTime "><DL style="MARGIN: 0px"><DD style="MARGIN: 0px">August 31 8:30 ET</DD></DL></TD><TD class=""><DL style="MARGIN: 0px"><DT style="DISPLAY: none">Texans FS Eugene Wilson (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396133) has injured his knee, and is questionable to return.<DD style="MARGIN: 0px">Texans FS Eugene Wilson (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396133) has injured his knee, and is questionable to return.</DD></DL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It looks like he hurt him. My question is, if the safety turned his head, saw him coming and protected himself, would it still be a penalty?

thumpc
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
**** it, I'm not defending him. After watching it again, that sucks.

cutthemdown
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM

what don't you see. You can't go for someones knees when they aren't looking. If the players wanted to they could do this all game and trust me 10-15 players would leave every game with knee injuries.

You don't throw your whole body into a dudes knee. If you are cracking back on someone you have to hit them high. Everyone knows that.

This place needs some serious football acumen. The level is really sinking fast around here.

cutthemdown
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
oh ok you changed mind. Because if you don't think that is a penalty then you are crazy. That was Dan Neil type block. Yeah remember him man that dude was dirty dirty dirty. He made Romo look like a choir boy.

Remember when he dove into Jammal Williams from behind and took him out. LOL man he was dirty.

NYBronco
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM

I agree, I think Favre made the low block so he wouldn't get his facemask embedded in his forehead.

Fine and suspension for the retiring crybaby no wait I want to come back only after training camp is finished.

thumpc
09-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Brian Cox is still spittin' venom about Dan Neil.
This block was nasty. Feauvre waited, let him start to go by him, then jumped at him low.
I think a receiver is allowed to go low when he's coming inside to block, but should be more in front of the guy.

DomCasual
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Favre looks like he's having fun out there.