PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla, lol: Band-Aid approach a boo boo

spdirty
09-01-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13242791

'Tis but a scratch.

Sure, it might have appeared Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton was holding up a dislocated knuckle on his bloody throwing hand for all the NFL to see.

But show genuine concern for Orton by asking where it hurts, and he will reply, "Go ask Coach."

Say what?

Now the Broncos have to get permission to be injured?

Josh (It's just a flesh wound) McDaniels is a coach who obviously believes there's no crying in football.

When the Broncos get a boo-boo, it's now top secret. Like the recipe for Coca-Cola. Or Charo's real age.

McDaniels expects all his Denver players to deny the extent of their injuries in a way not seen since a feisty Black Knight defended a bridge to the point of absurdity in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," a movie that's older than the Broncos' rookie coach.

McDaniels informs the world of player injuries on a need-to- know basis, when he's darn good and ready, so don't even try asking, buddy.

OK, we know you're invincible, Coach.

Now stop it.

This policy of trying to cover up injuries even when your starting quarterback is bleeding or a 300-pound man hobbles off the field makes McDaniels appear foolish. What's more, this silly policy has real potential to hurt us.

No, seriously.

We might bust a gut laughing at the Broncos.

There have been precious few true visionaries in the history of football. George Halas perfected the T-formation. Medical researchers Robert Cade and Dana Shires put Gatorade in the game. The Dallas Cowboys changed the course of cheerleading forever.

So here comes McDaniels, determined to leave his own mark, by demanding an injury as obvious as the bloody finger Orton suffered in an exhibition game against the Chicago Bears be officially described as "an upper extremity injury." When guard Chris Kuper hobbled off the field, he was diagnosed with "a lower extremity injury."

The team's extremely creative subterfuge, however, did not prevent Chicago from kicking the Broncos' extremity, dropping McDaniels' record in the preseason to 0-3.

Funny, it seems the Broncos might have bigger problems than a sprained ankle. And why do I anticipate this misguided guideline eventually leading to a McDaniels sound bite that will immortalize him the way those Coors Light commercials have goofed on rants by Jim Mora and Dennis Green?

The ridiculous policy might be more hilarious if McDaniels had not come to Denver from New England, a dominant franchise that wasted way too much time defending itself against the allegations of Spygate.

This makes a smart, young coach look like another hoodie-wearing wannabe, stamping a foot to demand the Broncos do it his way. In the process, McDaniels comes off as sweating all the small stuff, while his ballyhooed offensive schemes appear somewhere between bland and clueless.

Look, there are legitimate reasons Denver has developed red-zone anxiety syndrome, from Brandon Marshall's bad attitude to Know- shon Moreno's bum knee.

Refusing to use injuries as an excuse is admirable.

But what made the Black Knight a movie classic was his daffy, batty, inane denial of reality, even after losing two arms and both legs to a sword wielded by King Arthur.

Makes you wonder if a brutal Denver schedule that includes potential frightful beatings by the Patriots, Chargers, Steelers and Giants leaves McDaniels with
a 2-9 record in late November, the rookie coach will defiantly shout: "Oh? All right, we'll call it a draw."

If the Broncos want to hide their boo-boos under an invisibility cloak, what harm does it really do?

Nothing, I suppose.

But now I'm day-to-day with a minor upper extremity injury.

My cerebellum hurts.

All this guesswork about Broncos injuries is giving me a headache.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Haha I just read that, is it just me or is it a page of him crying about being shut out by Coach?

vancejohnson82
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
seems like somebody is pissed because they aren't getting their soundbites

Man-Goblin
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
While I think it's true that we don't need to know the extent of every injury, I'm confused as to why they are so secretive. It seems that any advantage they may gain by their opponents not knowing the exact extent of an injury is trivial, as the leauge requires teams to disclose all injuries. And is it really worth it considering any such advantage is probably negated by the energy spent to cover it up?

scorpio
09-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Haha I just read that, is it just me or is it a page of him crying about being shut out by Coach?

That's exactly what it is.

scorpio
09-01-2009, 10:19 AM
While I think it's true that we don't need to know the extent of every injury, I'm confused as to why they are so secretive. It seems that any advantage they may gain by their opponents not knowing the exact extent of an injury is trivial, as the leauge requires teams to disclose all injuries. And is it really worth it considering any such advantage is probably negated by the energy spent to cover it up?

Was it necessary for Nails and the boys to stonewall the media every chance they got?

No.

But it sure was fun.

lex
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Was it necessary for Nails and the boys to stonewall the media every chance they got?

No.

But it sure was fun.

Thats really not the same thing at all.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
That's exactly what it is.

I think it's just down right freak'n hilarious. The reason it's so funny is that it's true.....McQuadriplegic The Orange and Blue Knight! I love it. Hilarious!

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Does Kiszla know how to do anything but cry?

Cool Breeze
09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
does kiszla know how to do anything but cry?

no!

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
does anyone really waste time to read Kiszla? i see it's an article by him and just bypass it altogether.

chawknz
09-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow. What an annoying article.

Popps
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Yea, if you think The Mafia around here is bad, wait until the media starts in on McDaniels. He's from the school of less is more, with regards to giving out info. These petty, jealous, wanna-be writers aren't going to like not being part of the cool kid's club.

cutthemdown
09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
NFL writers have 2 choices. Write about the good teams, or write about the ones struggling and make fun of them. We get to feel the other side of that right now.

Broncos got to point where they either went 8-8 or got asses kicked in playoffs, then came back next yr acting like a Superbowl contender again. That got old after what 6-7 yrs?

Maybe humiliation and everyone laughing at us will pull team together and when we get out talent level up we will be mena and hungry again.

People are blaming mcdaniels but really the team just doesn't have the horses yet.

If the offense was scoring a tad better people may instead be talking about the defense being somewhat better already and its still early.

We will have our day again. How you act right now will echo in time on the mane.

Mr.Meanie
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I stopped at "Kiszla"

lazarus4444
09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
This article hurt my brain with all the whining. kiszla is a douche.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't think Kizla is the only person in Denver, journalist or not who is frustrated by the closed mouth communication of the FO. Not to mention, it is ridiculous to call an obvious finger injury an "upper extremity injury" just to be compliant w/ the NFL regs. That is not bitching IMHO it's BS'n for the sake of control.

watermock
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Cheap Belltcheat Clone.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
That was pretty weak for Kiszla. Usually he's much closer to Whitlock.

steeledude
09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Guys--I hate McDouchey but you do know he isn't being secretive at all about this injury, right? An extremity is either a hand or a foot. An upper extremity is a hand. Sportscasters seem to think it means anything above the waist, because they are morons, but aside from a rarely used word (why not use hand?), McD isn't hiding anything on this one.

521 1N5
09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Cheap Belltcheat Clone.

You know what? I've never wanted to hit anyone on a message board before, But I would love to have you put your mouth on a curb so I could kick the back of your head. You are SUCH a b*tch.

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM
You know what? I've never wanted to hit anyone on a message board before, But I would love to have you put your mouth on a curb so I could kick the back of your head. You are SUCH a b*tch.

Mocks awesome man, just different.

steeledude
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM

Wow. You are SUCH a pussy. On the internet? You go around saying crap like that one the internet? Poooooseeeeeyy

hambone13
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Guys--I hate McDouchey but you do know he isn't being secretive at all about this injury, right? An extremity is either a hand or a foot. An upper extremity is a hand. Sportscasters seem to think it means anything above the waist, because they are morons, but aside from a rarely used word (why not use hand?), McD isn't hiding anything on this one.

The point is that it's the news. Almost every team in the NFL references body parts for that they are.....Leg, arm, ankle, hand....this isn't a course on Anatomical terms and their accuracy. It's talking to the fans, the people that pay their bills and provide for their existence. This is a business and customers deserve some candor.

521 1N5
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Wow. You are SUCH a p***Y. On the internet? You go around saying crap like that one the internet? Poooooseeeeeyy

lol

hambone13
09-01-2009, 07:55 PM

This is about as classless as BM and his practice video...

521 1N5
09-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Mocks awesome man, just different.

He may be, he's just bugged me for a long time now, like everything he says is just to be contrary. About anything. It bugs the **** out of me.

steeledude
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
The point is that it's the news. Almost every team in the NFL references body parts for that they are.....Leg, arm, ankle, hand....this isn't a course on Anatomical terms and their accuracy. It's talking to the fans, the people that pay their bills and provide for their existence. This is a business and customers deserve some candor.

Upper body injury is lack of candor. Upper body extremity is a hand. I mean seriously, it is a technical term. Who cares? Josh is trying to sound smart when he's a douche. I get it. But it's hardly worth all the attention its getting, and our news casters seem to be missing the point completely. They heard Al Michael and Chris Collinsworth mention it, and they just followed blindly without knowing why.

listopencil
09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
you know what? I've never wanted to hit anyone on a message board before, but i would love to have you put your mouth on a curb so i could kick the back of your head. You are such a b*tch.

wtf?

521 1N5
09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
wtf?

What's so hard to understand about that??

Well fortunately I was just informed that I can put people on ignore, so I guess that would be better than a "imaginary" curb kick. Wish I would've made that comment 6 months ago.

steeledude
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Well fortunately I was just informed that I can put people on ignore, so I guess that would be better than a "imaginary" curb kick. Wish I would've made that comment 6 months ago.

Put me on ignore while you're at it.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Upper body injury is lack of candor. Upper body extremity is a hand. I mean seriously, it is a technical term. Who cares? Josh is trying to sound smart when he's a douche. I get it. But it's hardly worth all the attention its getting, and our news casters seem to be missing the point completely. They heard Al Michael and Chris Collinsworth mention it, and they just followed blindly without knowing why.

I don't think it would be being harped on the way it is for any other reason than he's bringing the anti-media/reporting sigma to Denver from the east coast. The bottom line is, he's not using the media to reach the fans which is what we want.

Additionally, Kuper was reported with a lower extremity injury that turned out to be a high ankle sprain. Is the high ankle part of the foot?

steeledude
09-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't think it would be being harped on the way it is for any other reason than he's bringing the anti-media/reporting sigma to Denver from the east coast. The bottom line is, he's not using the media to reach the fans which is what we want.

Additionally, Kuper was reported with a lower extremity injury that turned out to be a high ankle sprain. Is the high ankle part of the foot?

Well I guess legs and arms are less commonly termed as extremities as well. I agree though, Josh is doing a wonderful job of alienating himself. It just doesn't help our cause when the media can't figure out what he's saying even remotely. I do agree with you though about the issue this causes.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Well I guess legs and arms are less commonly termed as extremities as well. I agree though, Josh is doing a wonderful job of alienating himself. It just doesn't help our cause when the media can't figure out what he's saying even remotely. I do agree with you though about the issue this causes.

The media knows what he means. They're harping on the approach and delivery. I'm not a Kizla advocate, by any means but that was pretty clever writing given the circumstances. I'm equally as fed up w/ the distain for all that is not "McDaniels Way" when his way has by no means been established, justified or proven. If you expect humility, heart and honesty in those you lead, show some.

listopencil
09-02-2009, 05:57 PM

It's hard to understand why you would threaten pretend violence against somebody on the internet. It just makes you look like a big pussy.

USMCBladerunner
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
this media reaction is laughably predictable...all you have to do is watch one Belicheck presser and you could see how things would be different around Denver with McDaniels...the whole approach is to circle wagons, define everyone but your teammates (excepting Marshall at this time) and coaches as distractions at best and enemies at worst...for a while McDaniels won't even have to sell this because it's true...if they become successful, then he'll have to create imaginary demons like the Patriots have to maintain their us against the world attitude...it may seem silly and corny, but it taps into some human psychology that can go quite a ways in a game where and talent and coaching have such systematic parity...I don't know if it will work for Denver but it sure has for New England.

Taco John
09-03-2009, 02:22 AM

Easily a ban.

hambone13
09-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Easily a ban.

If that's not, what is?

watermock
09-03-2009, 04:25 AM
I'm not the only one to call Beavis a cheap imitation.

colonelbeef
09-03-2009, 07:16 AM
So embarrassing, so fast.

Everyone across the country is roasting McDaniels for this garbage