PDA

View Full Version : chris baker - steal of the draft

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
and he wasnt even drafted. he DESTROYED olin kreutz so bad on that running play. he didnt make the play, but he completely took olin out of the play, he could up being a great NT

Eldorado
09-01-2009, 09:33 AM
What running play? Time, down and distance please.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 09:37 AM
It was the play before Forte went up over the top for the TD I think. I'd LOVE to see a youtube of it :) He just steamrolled him.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:38 AM
umm near the goal line i think on a bears stretch play to the left side. dont remember the exact play as it wouldnt be recorded in any logs. they showed 2-3 replays of it.

Bronco Boy
09-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I heard he's so good he's already requested a trade.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM

Actually I heard it was McD dangling him in trade offers ;)

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
you guys are ****ing idiots, is it IMPOSSIBLE to have talks about actual football here without you ****ing retards destroying all real conversations?

bronco militia
09-01-2009, 09:41 AM

bwahaha

WABronco
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Hahahahaha. RAGEEEEE!

Eldorado
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
you guys are ****ing idiots, is it IMPOSSIBLE to have talks about actual football here without you ****ing retards destroying all real conversations?

Here is your ball:

http://www.soccerballworld.com/images/MB_League_Ball.jpg

Now take it and go home.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 09:45 AM

we can't have a real conversation... he hasn't played in a real game yet. Therefore, according to your rules no one can be judged untill after Cinci.

jhns
09-01-2009, 09:45 AM

You don't make sense though. Half your posts are that you can't take anything from preseason and the other half are how we know certain things are great because of preseason. Do you even know what is going on in your own head anymore?

Garcia Bronco
09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Hampton boys ain't to be triffled with

Garcia Bronco
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
umm near the goal line i think on a bears stretch play to the left side. dont remember the exact play as it wouldnt be recorded in any logs. they showed 2-3 replays of it.

It was the play before Forte ran in. Baker destroyed their Center. Pushed him over like he didn't even matter. Baker will be the guy in 2-3 years with that kind of effort every play. Could be as good as Hampton or Williams.

Doggcow
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I think he should play QB.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:51 AM
you guys are ****ing retarded, plain and simple. INDIVIDUAL PLAYER PERFORMANCES obviously can be judged. peyton hillis is STILL running over people when hes not getting hit 3 yards behind the line. royal is still awesome. orton isnt throwing the ball deep but we dont know why. chris baker made an awesome play against an oline. what the **** is wrong with you guys, why does EVERYTHING have to turn into why mcdaniels sucks or is wrong instead of actually talking about the team?

im not judging points scored, wins or losses, im talking about how each player is playing. buckhalter isnt running well up the middle at all and elvis is absolutely destroying people. can all this change when actual gameplans start? clearly.

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Baker showed some nice flashes

Hopefully he can be our guy at NT in the near future
That would really really help

TheDave
09-01-2009, 09:53 AM
you guys are ****ing retarded, plain and simple. INDIVIDUAL PLAYER PERFORMANCES obviously can be judged. peyton hillis is STILL running over people when hes not getting hit 3 yards behind the line. royal is still awesome. orton isnt throwing the ball deep but we dont know why. chris baker made an awesome play against an oline. what the **** is wrong with you guys, why does EVERYTHING have to turn into why mcdaniels sucks or is wrong instead of actually talking about the team?

im not judging points scored, wins or losses, im talking about how each player is playing. buckhalter isnt running well up the middle at all and elvis is absolutely destroying people. can all this change when actual gameplans start? clearly.

Relax... its just pre-season.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Relax... its just pre-season.

no ****, so stop turning everything into how bad mcdaniels sucks and maybe start talking about the actual players and what is going on. people actually used to discuss football on this forum and bob was the only major troll, what the hell happened, 50% of you guys go to every thread and make them all about mcdaniels or cutler.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Hampton boys ain't to be triffled with

:rofl:

TheDave
09-01-2009, 09:59 AM
no ****, so stop turning everything into how bad mcdaniels sucks and maybe start talking about the actual players and what is going on. people actually used to discuss football on this forum and bob was the only major troll, what the hell happened, 50% of you guys go to every thread and make them all about mcdaniels or cutler.

I didn't say anything about Mcdaniels or cutler... Unfortunately you just did.

I just reminded you it is preseason, just like you've been telling the rest of the board for the last month.

By the way, It's good to see you got your "Superfan" costume back from the cleaners. :thumbs:

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM

I just reminded you it is preseason, just like you've been telling the rest of the board for the last month.

By the way, It's good to see you got your "Superfan" costume back from the cleaners. :thumbs:

to see our undrafted DL destroy a good starting center is a good thing, preseason or not. what you take from that is that he has the ability to make good plays. to see 100 screens a game doesnt mean you will see that in the real season. get it?

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Agreed! there are a LOT of douche bags around here! :thumbsup:

But this IS freakin hilarious:
I heard he's so good he's already requested a trade.:rofl:

The only problem with this site is the "Oh, oh, and then..." crowd who think a funny one liner can be made "funnier" by quoting it and adding their own attempt, like:
Actually I heard it was McD dangling him in trade offers ;)
Really junior? You thought that smashing "one liner" needed your help? :wiggle:

C'mon guys, is this REALLY what posting here is all about? ???

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 10:04 AM
we can't have a real conversation... he hasn't played in a real game yet. Therefore, according to your rules no one can be judged untill after Cinci.

Rest assured, I'm sitting on plenty of judgment and it is accruing interest daily.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
to see our undrafted DL destroy a good starting center is a good thing, preseason or not. what you take from that is that he has the ability to make good plays. to see 100 screens a game doesnt mean you will see that in the real season. get it?

Bad play is excusable because it's preseason...

Good play is NOT excusable because it is preseason...

Got it... :thumbs:

jhns
09-01-2009, 10:06 AM

Seeing what all the players are playing like also can show a smart person what to expect from a team. Wins and losses don't matter in preseason but you can take stuff from the games. This preseason has only showed this team has taken major steps backwards.

Everyone used its only preseason when our defense looked pathetic the last three years. They always continued that trend into preseason. Well, the entire team looks pathetic this year.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 10:06 AM

LOL Hilarious!

Too bad the cape isn't working on his self control.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-01-2009, 10:07 AM

The only problem with this site is the "Oh, oh, and then..." crowd who think a funny one liner can be made "funnier" by quoting it and adding their own attempt, like:

Get bent, newb. There are plenty of other boards if you don't like this one.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM

Pictured: Superfan Costume
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y-F_a0WOem4/RaK1oNfcPkI/AAAAAAAAAP8/16CMnTJn-Ss/s320/superfan.bmp

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Dude, chill.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y-F_a0WOem4/RaK1oNfcPkI/AAAAAAAAAP8/16CMnTJn-Ss/s320/superfan.bmp

LOL Spider would sooo hit that

hambone13
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
:giggle: I sure hope the youtube of his mangina is NOT to follow!

worm
09-01-2009, 10:13 AM
It is awesome to at least have a prospect at the nose rather than solely a retread or garbage bin find.

I have a lot of faith in Nolan to turn this D around once he has some guys develop and they chose to invest more than 1 out of 10 in the front seven and 4 out of 10 overall draft picks on the defensive side of the ball.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
This thread rocks....thanks for the great set up Superfan, you've saved the day.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Individual player performances, sweet.

Orton throws like a girl. Actually, I apologize to the ladies in the forum for such a slanderous remark.

Orton moves like old people screw.

Nolan has taken a turd heap of a D and given it some fire and fury. Still many massive holes in depth and talent. Most and best progress so far. DL getting off the ball better than they have in many years.

Knowshon is busted up. Hillis needs to be the guy for a while until Moreno gets his NFL legs under him. We may need Moreno for the playoff run....;D

Secondary, jury is still out.

Special teams, a little less special Ed would be nice but better than last year. But last year was vomitous so they're now up to turd stench.

OL strength. Kuper needs to get some Tussin on that knee and get back in there. The Broncos crack medical staff will surely overlook whatever is ailing him and tell him everything is fine putting his health and career at risk.

Cutler or not, this is still funny.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pod4jIKT_kA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pod4jIKT_kA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 10:16 AM
LOL Spider would sooo hit that

Who do you think I got the picture from.

And yes, I think we should ink her for a spot at NT. She commands a triple team.

Chris
09-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Fact of the matter is a lot of the posters here don't care about football the sport. They care about all the BS surrounding "the product".

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Is there a thread out there where Tsiguy doesn't get completely owned?

TheDave
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
By the way... does anyone have a youtube of this Steamroll?

I'm having a hard time imagining Kruentz getting killed in a goal line situation.

I have a suspicion that he was pulling or something to that effect, and our crack analyst here assumed it to be a massive point of attack victory for us.

Peoples Champ
09-01-2009, 10:23 AM

I'm having a hard time imagining Kruentz getting killed in a goal line situation.

I have a suspicion that Kruentz was pulling or something to that effect and our crack analyst here assumed it to be a massive point of attack victory for us.

No, but I saw it too. The announcers even pointed it out on the replay that "thats an all pro center getting destroyed" or somthing like that.

Rohirrim
09-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Let's try to enjoy life. :flower:

lex
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM

What does the 'F' stand for? Hmmm.... I cant think of anything.

gunns
09-01-2009, 10:29 AM

This from the guy that starts all the threads that destroys real conversations.

Go to doctor

Have corn cob removed.

hambone13
09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Fact of the matter is a lot of the posters here don't care about football the sport. They care about all the BS surrounding "the product".

And you must be Superfan's Boy Blunder.... welcome to ownership.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
This from the guy that starts all the threads that destroys real conversations.

Go to doctor

Have corn cob removed.

so because i start the thread, its my fault people destroy them with stupid bull****. thats like saying if you get rear ended, its your fault for being in the way of the other car

lex
09-01-2009, 10:32 AM

There is no team...only McDaniels. Thats the what he asked for.

PRBronco
09-01-2009, 10:32 AM

Time to go back to Broncomania, friend. :wave:

55CrushEm
09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
No, but I saw it too. The announcers even pointed it out on the replay that "thats an all pro center getting destroyed" or somthing like that.

Yep....I saw it too. I think it was Al Michaels that even pointed it out....and yes, they showed it a couple of times.

sisterhellfyre
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM

No. But it's hardly worth my time and effort at the moment (dating back to March or so) considering the venom and vulgarities flying so freely around here. No wonder so many of the good posters have left.

Popcorn Sutton
09-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Orton has played in a real game yet either. :thanku:

TheDave
09-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Orton has played in a real game yet either. :thanku:

Which is exactly what everyone tells me when I bitch about Orton...

Wait a minute, why am I explaining this thread to you?

s0phr0syne
09-01-2009, 10:58 AM

yo, sensitive Sally, take it easy.

Just so you know, Bears fans have long been discussing the rut that Kreutz has come out in this year...they believe he's a shadow of his former self and that the whole preseason he's had very poor showings.

I like that you can only find the shift key when you're SO PISSED that you got to use caps to express it.

TonyR
09-01-2009, 11:04 AM

He literally put Kreutz on his back. Just blew him up and knocked him back about 2-3 yards. They replayed it at least once.

Popcorn Sutton
09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Which is exactly what everyone tells me when I b**** about Orton...

Wait a minute, why am I explaining this thread to you?

Ahh, crap. You got me. I saw the we can't have a real conversation because it's preseason part and jumped on it. Too bad I failed to see you were pointing out other peoples logic. I suck at message board lately.

Judge Orton and Baker and whomever you want. Write them off as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to give it a bit longer but I could give a rats ass if you want to write them off now. That's your prerogative.

gunns
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
so because i start the thread, its my fault people destroy them with stupid bull****. thats like saying if you get rear ended, its your fault for being in the way of the other car

No, because you start threads or do posts that generally cause responses that don't lend themselves to good conversations. I would say you know this, but that is questionable. And maybe, just maybe they aren't destroyed with stupid bull****, maybe it's the thread or post you've done that is the stupid bull****. Just a thought, don't strain yourself.

BMarsh615
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Baker got absolutely blown up on Adrian Peterson's untouched TD run. He was double teamed though.

skunk
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
ur gay

SportinOne
09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Kruetz didn't exactly look like he was trying very hard to not get pushed over. To add, Baker wasn't a factor in the play's overall success or failure in any way so basically, who cares?

SportinOne
09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Lots of frustration. That's what happens when you allow yourself to be duped.

c_lazy_r
09-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Agreed...funny ****.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Ahh, crap. You got me. I saw the we can't have a real conversation because it's preseason part and jumped on it. Too bad I failed to see you were pointing out other peoples logic. I suck at message board lately.

Judge Orton and Baker and whomever you want. Write them off as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to give it a bit longer but I could give a rats ass if you want to write them off now. That's your prerogative.

Great then come back when you've had enough time to process things... :thumbs:

azbroncfan
09-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Man those affliction/ed hardy shirts you wear sure have your ego going 24-7.

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM

I have a suspicion that he was pulling or something to that effect, and our crack analyst here assumed it to be a massive point of attack victory for us.
It's true, Michaels and Cris (no "h") Collinsworth (no "g") commented on the replay.

Kinda think maybe Kreutz was slipping/off balance though ... nobody gets that owned without contributing themselves to the problem.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
and he wasnt even drafted. he DESTROYED olin kreutz so bad on that running play. he didnt make the play, but he completely took olin out of the play, he could up being a great NT

So one play makes him the steal of the draft?

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Thread title cracks me up, btw. Chris Baker and a form of felony always belong in the same sentence.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
So one play makes him the steal of the draft?

no, the fact that in a year or two he may be a starting caliber NFL NT makes him a huge steal. these guys go in 1st-2nd round, not undrafted.

Popcorn Sutton
09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Great then come back when you've had enough time to process things... :thumbs:

Classy.

Garcia Bronco
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Baker got absolutely blown up on Adrian Peterson's untouched TD run. He was double teamed though.

Yeah it'll take a few years, but I think he'll be the guy one of these days

Popps
09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Let's try to enjoy life. :flower:

NO!

THINGS ARE BAAAAAAAAAAADDDD!!!!!

NO ENJOYMENT!

I'm not sure if you've heard, my friend... but we're in year 1 of a 50-year post-Cutler curse.

How dare you attempt to enjoy anything.

jutang
09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I love how Dumervil toyed with Pace all game long. The 3-4 has really allowed Doom to excel and he'll not have to deal with double teams all the time. I expect Doom to really have a Simon Fletcher type year.

The secondary looked impressive. Despite all the post-Cutler fallout... Cutler fit some balls into very tight windows that most opposing QBs can't make. I love how Dawkins absolutely lights people up... I almost forgot what is was like having an Atwater or Smith (Lynch never did it for me). Goodman was an excellent pickup. Although, I wasn't impressed by Smith.

LBs are eh-- mediocre for me... but as was already mentioned in other posts. I'm glad the chest thumping, look at me I'm Ray Lewis without the talent is gone.

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
NO!

THINGS ARE BAAAAAAAAAAADDDD!!!!!

NO ENJOYMENT!

I'm not sure if you've heard, my friend... but we're in year 1 of a 50-year post-Cutler curse.

How dare you attempt to enjoy anything.

There is treatment for your kind of obsession ... there really is. PM me.

footstepsfrom#27
09-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I like Baker but building him up to the next level off of a single play is just not realistic. If you look at film and watch a single player no matter how good he is you'll eventually see him get owned by an inferor competitor. I would bet that happens considerably more often in exhibition games. I'm waiting to see whether he can take the starting job from Fields or not, who is nothing but a decent backup. From there I want to see if he can hold up over an entire game against top flight competition. His play so far is a positive sign though.

rugbythug
09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Is it just me or is this place really starting suck. There is no middle ground. If you think the defense is improving and the offense can and will play much better you are a nut hugger. If I don't want to build a time machine and change the past I am not a realist. Really not sure this is worth it anymore.

Using the pun of calling some one a super fan to show you are more "Super Fanatic" is just ironically delicious.

footstepsfrom#27
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Is it just me or is this place really starting suck. There is no middle ground. If you think the defense is improving and the offense can and will play much better you are a nut hugger. If I don't want to build a time machine and change the past I am not a realist. Really not sure this is worth it anymore.

Using the pun of calling some one a super fan to show you are more "Super Fanatic" is just ironically delicious.
At least we can still beat each other up eh? :welcome:

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 06:16 PM

agreed 100%. you cant say anything positive on this forum at all anymore or you are are not a realist and must bow down to those who hate everything denver broncos.

WABronco
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Well there's a difference. Saying Elvis looked good is something everyone can agree on, for the most part (aside from that retard brncobrett guy). Saying Chris Baker is destined to be the steal of the draft or that he's a first round pick in disguise because of one play...well no wonder you (TSI) spent 3 pages defending yourself against all the haters.

rugbythug
09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Well there's a difference. Saying Elvis looked good is something everyone can agree on, for the most part (aside from that retard brncobrett guy). Saying Chris Baker is destined to be the steal of the draft or that he's a first round pick in disguise because of one play...well no wonder you (TSI) spent 3 pages defending yourself against all the haters.

As I remember Baker played very well in the SF game also.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-01-2009, 07:26 PM
agreed 100%. you cant say anything positive on this forum at all anymore or you are are not a realist and must bow down to those who hate everything denver broncos.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22283&stc=1&d=1222698660

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 07:42 PM

Dude, show me one post where you're "attacked."

I challenged Cito Pelon to do that several days ago, he couldn't. I doubt you can either.

On the other hand, you guys attack us all the freaking time ... you and Popps attack us more in one thread than we've attacked you in a month.

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah I thought so tsi.......

~Crash~
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Nic Clemons is the guy that looks like he just might stay on the team IMO

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
as soon as i say something positive, there is 9 people here to take as many shots at mcdaniels as they can, how is that not the definition of whats going on here?

DBroncos4life
09-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Dude, show me one post where you're "attacked."

I challenged Cito Pelon to do that several days ago, he couldn't. I doubt you can either.

On the other hand, you guys attack us all the freaking time ... you and Popps attack us more in one thread than we've attacked you in a month.

If someone was to start a based on Ayers preseason play thread he is a bust who do you think would be one of the first posters to pull the its preseason/lets give him some time to prove himself card?

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
If someone was to start a based on Ayers preseason play thread he is a bust who do you think would be one of the first posters to pull the its preseason/lets give him some time to prove himself card?

responding to wrong post ???

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
as soon as i say something positive, there is 9 people here to take as many shots at mcdaniels as they can, how is that not the definition of whats going on here?

That's just crap, cut it out.

tsiguy96
09-01-2009, 10:10 PM

do you not understand taht as soon as i said that it looks like the UDFA could be a steal, multiple people came in with mcdaniels trade talk jokes, as super funny as they were, are ****ing stupid in a thread thats talking about the talent of an individual player? the fact that a dlineman is getting noticed at all his rookie year is amazing, to do it as an UDFA is even better. ayers has done zero this preseason, but guess what, you have to give him time ;)

DBroncos4life
09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
responding to wrong post ???

I don't know stop attacking me.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-01-2009, 10:30 PM

This has already been raised in ealier pages, but it seems like most people here don't "get it". Not their fault, they just don't ...

On the flip side though, IMO TSIguy needs to chill out a bit, and not post a retort to EVERY post he doesn't agree with. Every board needs that "over the top" person though, he scores highly there!

Wish I had time to try and re-float the old board I used to post on, ahhhh the good ole days, ... you see, with a 56k modem you couldn't post more than once every 2 minutes ... back in my day ...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xe1a1wHxTyo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xe1a1wHxTyo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 10:33 PM
tsi very well might be right ... we're light at NT, so he almost certainly is one of the 53.

And it's more than just one play, he's getting alotta snaps.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Conversely, any time somebody utters the slightest word of doubt about the new Messiah, they can be sure you'll be along in seconds to repeat the same thing for the 4,000 time in opposition.

At some point isn't this boring even to you?

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 01:28 AM
tsi very well might be right ... we're light at NT, so he almost certainly is one of the 53.

And it's more than just one play, he's getting alotta snaps.
As encouraging as he's been, I'm dissapointed we haven't seen more from Powell. I thought he might emerge a starter but it looks like he's going to be gone.

lex
09-02-2009, 01:40 AM
As encouraging as he's been, I'm dissapointed we haven't seen more from Powell. I thought he might emerge a starter but it looks like he's going to be gone.

That was a lot to expect. He hasnt really played in 2 years and its hard enough to adjust to the NFL for interior linemen as it is. Plus, I think he was more of a one gapper.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 01:54 AM
That was a lot to expect. He hasnt really played in 2 years and its hard enough to adjust to the NFL for interior linemen as it is. Plus, I think he was more of a one gapper.
Even so...he came in here with quite a build up based on his negative yardage stats at VT and appears to have NFL measurables. I would hope this guy would at least make the squad in some capacity so we have time to let him develop a bit, but I have a feeling he's a casualty of the fact that he wasn't drafted by this regime. Why else would we have traded a draft pick for a Patriot scrub D-line guy just days before the first cuts?

Cito Pelon
09-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Did you watch the game? Or did you see only what you wanted to see?

Baker has shown some flashes already of potential.

BroncoBuff
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't know stop attacking me.

That's just classic ...

TheDave
09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Did you watch the game? Or did you see only what you wanted to see?

Baker has shown some flashes already of potential.

Though I did miss that play originally, I got to see it last night.

Kruentz tripped... sorry to tell everyone that, but he didn't do anything other than fall backward.

Not saying that Baker hasn't flashed from time to time but this play wasn't one of those times.

Garcia Bronco
09-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Maybe he did trip, but the commentators have pointed out Baker every game.

Cito Pelon
09-02-2009, 09:00 AM

They're trying to run him off the board. Anything Tsi posts will be ridiculed until he's had enough.

Baker has shown a few instances of strength and quickness, this one just happened to be against Kreutz.

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 09:16 AM
If Baker can pull it together and become a mediocre to good NT then that will be a boon for us. My biggest problem with running a 3-4 is that it requires a very special type of player at the nose to become a stellar D. When it happens then it is a thing of beauty but finding that NT is hard to do. If you can get one that is serviceable in the first 3 rounds of the draft that is great. If you find one on the FA wire that is phenomenal. I sincerely hope this kid pulls it together to become the kind of player we need at the nose.

lostknight
09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
You know, I am going to laugh my ass off if he ends up getting cut in a few days.

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
You know, I am going to laugh my ass off if he ends up getting cut in a few days.

Fair enough.

lex
09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Even so...he came in here with quite a build up based on his negative yardage stats at VT and appears to have NFL measurables. I would hope this guy would at least make the squad in some capacity so we have time to let him develop a bit, but I have a feeling he's a casualty of the fact that he wasn't drafted by this regime. Why else would we have traded a draft pick for a Patriot scrub D-line guy just days before the first cuts?

Isnt Nolan the DC? How do they even know he fits what Nolan does? It must be nice to be on the verge of being cut and then suddenly you dont have to compete for a job simply because some Patriot coach got a job somewhere else and doesnt realize that there are other teams in the league.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM

They signed him to a contract that basically says they want him to stay. I don't remember the exact figures, but they were much better than the typical rookie free agent deal. This, per Pat Kirwan... who is probably the most respectable opinion on these matters.

kent156
09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Baker looks good when he is one on one, but double teams he is just a none factor. The one play everyone seems to be talking about it seems Baker just got off the ball faster than the bears center. After the play you can see cutler and him talking like who was that?

Beantown Bronco
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
The one play everyone seems to be talking about it seems Baker just got off the ball faster than the bears center.

Talk about defying logic. How does one get off the ball faster than the guy that actually snaps it?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Talk about defying logic. How does one get off the ball faster than the guy that actually snaps it?

Worm holes... that's how

TheDave
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
They're trying to run him off the board. Anything Tsi posts will be ridiculed until he's had enough.

Yeah he's such an innocent victim...

lex
09-02-2009, 10:04 AM

Because the center has to deliver the ball for the QB while the NT can engage the center between the time the center moves the ball until the center delivers it to the QB.

kent156
09-02-2009, 10:12 AM

a slow center and a really good first step for a NT, but that logic doesn't work right

Popps
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Yea?

You like it when our players fail, huh?

RaiderH8r
09-02-2009, 10:17 AM

Just because he's snapped it doesn't mean he's the first to engage in the block. Sometimes you snap it and that guy guesses right and is on top of you before you get the ball to the QB. Which is how fumbles are made.

55CrushEm
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Baker looks good when he is one on one, but double teams he is just a none factor. The one play everyone seems to be talking about it seems Baker just got off the ball faster than the bears center. After the play you can see cutler and him talking like who was that?

But he does draw double-teams, yes? Good thing, yes?