PDA

View Full Version : More Brandon Marshall rumors...

Popps
08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, folks... on a slow night, what more could you want than some more unsubstantiated Brandon Marshall rumors from unnamed sources?

You want it, you got it!

Earlier this year, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said that the team wasn't going to trade quarterback Jay Cutler.

And then the Broncos traded quarterback Jay Cutler.

On Sunday night, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told NBC's Andrea Kremer that the team won't be trading receiver Brandon Marshall.

And rumors persist that the Broncos are shopping him.

But there are mixed signals on this one. One source has told us that multiple teams are negotiating with the Broncos regarding Marshall. Another source has heard talk of such discussions, too.

But a couple of teams that would be potential candidates to trade for Marshall haven't been contacted.

So what gives?

Based on what we've heard and the folks from whom we've heard it, we think that the Broncos discreetly are talking to a small handful of teams about Marshall, but that they are not engaged in a full-blown auction (yet) with the highest bidder getting him.

The timing of the talks couldn't be worse. Marshall's actions last week surely did nothing to increase his trade value. And with Marshall wanting a big contract and having injury issues and teetering on the edge of a significant suspension if he gets in any trouble off the field, it's unlikely that anyone would give up much in order to get Marshall.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/31/mixed-signals-on-whether-broncos-are-shopping-marshall/

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 11:00 PM
I hope we can get a ham sandwich out of the deal.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 11:01 PM
I really do think he's gone.

TheDave
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM
13 days until the season starts...

Moreno - Injured
Gafney - Injured
Orton - Injured
Kuper - Injured
Simms - Injured
Marshall - On the trade Block

2010 1st round pick - Gone

What a ****ing mess...

As for the Marshall rumor... I guess it doesn't matter at this point. Might as well get what we can for him.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 11:05 PM

Moreno - Injured
Gafney - Injured
Orton - Injured
Kuper - Injured
Simms - Injured

What a ****ing mess...

As for the Marshall rumor... I guess it doesn't matter at this point. Might as well get what we can for him.

It's fine man, Ayers and Smith are healthy. Watch your back Champ, you'll be on the bench in a few weeks with Alphonso on the rise.

24champ
08-31-2009, 11:06 PM
I really do think he's gone.

McD will take care of it!

Evenrude
08-31-2009, 11:09 PM
The last rumor I heard was Marshall to Green Bay for Driver & Lee..... man I hope that one is not true.

TheDave
08-31-2009, 11:13 PM
It's fine man, Ayers and Smith are healthy. Watch your back Champ, you'll be on the bench in a few weeks with Alphonso on the rise.

I'm absolutely speachless... Every time I think this **** is as bad as it could get.

Ah **** it... I just need to get OK with this whole 3-13 thing.

DBroncos4life
The last rumor I heard was Marshall to Green Bay for Driver & Lee..... man I hope that one is not true.

I could live with that. Not only do we get WR worth a **** it really makes the Packers better. Could help us with the Bears draft pick.

lex
Brandons going to be traded to Scotland for a bottle of Glenfiddich 30.

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 11:14 PM
I don't think he'll be moved. We're not going to take a lowball just to get rid of him. We need real value in return. If we don't get it, then forget it. We'll just hold on to him. I'd rather just do that then accept a lowball. In addition, McD needs him on the field at the outside reciever position. They're fine in the slots with Royal and Stokley...but on the outsides, Gaffney's hurt and there's really nothing there to prevent the defense from playing a funnel system (Cov 1 Robber) to bottle up the inside recievers. Orton needs alot of help out there if they're going to score points. The Offense clearly needs him.

The only way to get his value back to somewhere approaching where it was is to let him dominate on the field, again. That's what the Jerry Jones's and Dan Snyder's want to see. They don't really care about the other stuff...they just want him to dominate and when they see that, they'll drool over it and forget the other stuff. Accordingly, they will then start to make realistic offers.

watermock
08-31-2009, 11:18 PM

Moreno - Injured
Gafney - Injured
Orton - Injured
Kuper - Injured
Simms - Injured

What a ****ing mess...

You forgot:

Shanny-gone
Cutler-gone
Goodmans-gone

TheDave
08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
You forgot:

Shanny-gone
Cutler-gone
Goodmans-gone

Trust me I didn't forget... I was just afraid of ****ing with the space time continuum if I typed everything that has happened this off-season in one post.

BroncoDoug
08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't think he'll be moved. We're not going to take a lowball just to get rid of him. We need real value in return. If we don't get it, then forget it. We'll just hold on to him. I'd rather just do that then accept a lowball. In addition, McD needs him on the field at the outside reciever position. They're fine in the slots with Royal and Stokley...but on the outsides, Gaffney's hurt and there's really nothing there to prevent the defense from playing a funnel system (Cov 1 Robber) to bottle up the inside recievers. Orton needs alot of help out there if they're going to score points. The Offense clearly needs him.

The only way to get his value back to somewhere approaching where it was is to let him dominate on the field, again. That's what the Jerry Jones's and Dan Snyder's want to see. They don't really care about the other stuff...they just want him to dominate and when they see that, they'll drool over it and forget the other stuff. Accordingly, they will then start to make realistic offers.

Do you think Marshall will show up with a good attitude, and want to play hard for this team? I have my doubts.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Osi Umenyiora make it happen.

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Do you think Marshall will show up with a good attitude, and want to play hard for this team? I have my doubts.

He's going to want to play hard because I think he realizes this is his best way to get paid. He'll get paid when he shows he can still dominate (which he can I think) and can act decently, too. It's in his best interest to play hard. He wants that contract and wants to get it bad....I don't blame him. He's tried a number of approaches to get it. None of them has worked. I think he's finally realized this is the one approach that he has to go through. When he saw the reaction to the video clip, I think he realized that he lost the PR game to the staff.....and where the PR game goes...EVERYTHING ELSE will almost always follow. That's the key to everything. He's gotta create a more favorable appearance now. The only way he can do it is by dominating and playing nice. I think he'll play hard because it's the last avenue he has to get a big deal.

McMastermind
08-31-2009, 11:38 PM
I could live with that. Not only do we get WR worth a **** it really makes the Packers better. Could help us with the Bears draft pick.

Seriously. BM for Driver & further compensation would be an ideal scenario.

Everybody thinks Denver can't get equal value in a trade after the video came out but that is one way to maximize it. GB might just bite too as a way to screw the Vikes/Favre.

Rodgers/Jennings/BM/Grant would be sick to watch And I bet that would net Denver another 4-5 slots with CHI's pick.

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM

What a ****ing mess...

I agree Broncos facing a ot of adversity. IMO though stuff like this really pulls a team together. Broncos will emerge tougher from having gone through this. More and more NFL ready qbs are coming out every yr. You don't need a top 5 pick to get one. You can move around, make a trade, etc etc.

Meanwhile the players here will form some good bonds as they know without all of them pulling for eachother they cant win.

We lose Marshall and it gets tougher, but we would get a first round pick and that would put us in a better position to find a qb in next yrs draft.

Moreno - Injured - not seriously, he can still make an impact.
Gafney - Injured - Not super serious, he could still play WR quite a bit this yr
Orton - Injured- He's expected to be ready for opener, so maybe not real bad
Kuper - Injured- The scariest of the bunch, but Kuper tough I bet he makes it back
Simms - Injured- I don't think he is the answer over Orton
Marshall - On the trade Block- Would suck to lose him, but also give us ammo in picks to target a QB next yr.

Popps
08-31-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm absolutely speachless... Every time I think this **** is as bad as it could get.

LOL

Dude, you're better than this.

It ain't all roses, but good grief... grow a pair.

Popps
08-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Seriously. BM for Driver & further compensation would be an ideal scenario.

Everybody thinks Denver can't get equal value in a trade after the video came out but that is one way to maximize it. GB might just bite too as a way to screw the Vikes/Favre.

Rodgers/Jennings/BM/Grant would be sick to watch And I bet that would net Denver another 4-5 slots with CHI's pick.

I'd love to have Driver on this team, but no way does GB mess with this. They have nice chemistry up there and certainly can't pay both Jennings and Marshall what they both want.

But, for the record... I agree. Driver and compensation would be fantastic.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Osi Umenyiora make it happen.

Actually, Kiwanuka would probably be available and this trade would make sense... Kiwi opposite Elvis could be pretty intimidating.

Popps
08-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Actually, Kiwanuka would probably be available and this trade would make sense... Kiwi opposite Elvis could be pretty intimidating.

Oh **** yea.

Sign me up right ****ing now.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 11:50 PM

Well Osi Umenyiora did go AWOL today. I don't know why the Giants have to be so damn greedy with their DE's. Its not fair that they get all the talent. :)

lazarus4444
09-01-2009, 12:20 AM
I"ve been wanting to trade BM for a NYG 1st string d-lineman for a few weeks now, hope it happens. It is a trade that could potentially help both teams but i think the NYG are tired of primadonna, ignorant WR's.

BroncoDoug
09-01-2009, 12:26 AM
He's going to want to play hard because I think he realizes this is his best way to get paid. He'll get paid when he shows he can still dominate (which he can I think) and can act decently, too. It's in his best interest to play hard. He wants that contract and wants to get it bad....I don't blame him. He's tried a number of approaches to get it. None of them has worked. I think he's finally realized this is the one approach that he has to go through. When he saw the reaction to the video clip, I think he realized that he lost the PR game to the staff.....and where the PR game goes...EVERYTHING ELSE will almost always follow. That's the key to everything. He's gotta create a more favorable appearance now. The only way he can do it is by dominating and playing nice. I think he'll play hard because it's the last avenue he has to get a big deal.

I sure hope you are right, I just don't know if he has the mental capacity to realize how NFL players get contracts renegotiated.

watermock
09-01-2009, 12:36 AM
I'd love to have Driver on this team, but no way does GB mess with this. They have nice chemistry up there and certainly can't pay both Jennings and Marshall what they both want.

But, for the record... I agree. Driver and compensation would be fantastic.

Driver? Win NOW! That guy was so 1996.

Jennings yeah.

watermock
09-01-2009, 12:38 AM
I"ve been wanting to trade BM for a NYG 1st string d-lineman for a few weeks now, hope it happens. It is a trade that could potentially help both teams but i think the NYG are tired of primadonna, ignorant WR's.

NY is a natural, but Der Fuhrer isn't interested.

Besides, he has Hixon.

Vegas_Bronco
09-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Pat B needs to do something special for the fans...hold a damn feast or something good to pay for all this bull**** going on. This is absolutely turning into the worst managed franchise in the NFL. The only thing holding it together will be the fans pretty soon...time to give them a pay day.

meangene
09-01-2009, 03:36 AM
As bad as it all seems, I do agree that this team will emerge stronger and tougher as a result of all this adversity. I sense an "us against the world" mentality starting to develop. This team will play with a chip on it's shoulder - I am sure they have all heard how they are going to suck, the Cutler deal ****ed us, too many injuries, etc. I'm betting they play much better than many around here think they will and I'm betting by the end of the season most of us will be satisfied with the team we are building.

Ok, now go ahead with the rose-colored glasses, drinking the Kool-Aid bashing I anticipate!

uk bronco
09-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Brandons going to be traded to Scotland for a bottle of Glenfiddich 30.

i coach receivers at Glasgow Uni i'd be happy for that trade if we could get him

TheDave
09-01-2009, 06:34 AM
LOL

Dude, you're better than this.

It ain't all roses, but good grief... grow a pair.

Just callin' it like I see it...

I'm in on the joke that all you have left is the emotional "Grow a Pair"... You and your pair should have a great time this season.

Unfortunately, there has been way too much change, turmoil, and general stupidity for the this team to realisticly overcome it.

Adversity for a team is good... Chaos isn't. Were WELL into chaos.

El Guapo
09-01-2009, 06:52 AM
He'll stay and have a great contract year. Hopefully.

Gort
09-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Moreno - Injured - not seriously, he can still make an impact.
Gafney - Injured - Not super serious, he could still play WR quite a bit this yr
Orton - Injured- He's expected to be ready for opener, so maybe not real bad
Kuper - Injured- The scariest of the bunch, but Kuper tough I bet he makes it back
Simms - Injured- I don't think he is the answer over Orton
Marshall - On the trade Block- Would suck to lose him, but also give us ammo in picks to target a QB next yr.

don't confuse them with facts. they are too busy predicting the end of the world and blaming it the people who are actually here to clean up Shanny's mess. they won't be happy unless the Broncos do poorly this year.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
don't confuse them with facts. they are too busy predicting the end of the world and blaming it the people who are actually here to clean up Shanny's mess. they won't be happy unless the Broncos do poorly this year.

What does a list of injuries have to do with shanahan?

Beantown Bronco
09-01-2009, 07:01 AM
There are over 4 million women in NYC. Hope Marshall is working on his hand strength cause that's a lot of potential b*tch slapping.

Gort
09-01-2009, 07:09 AM
What does a list of injuries have to do with shanahan?

you called the situation a mess with an emphasis on how non-competitive this team was likely to be due to injuries. was that not your main message?

cutthedown pointed out that most injuries weren't so bad.

i concur with cutthedown. i don't think this team is in such dire straits. i think the new regime is changing the culture up at dove valley. rather than being blamed for what the naysayers believe will be a nightmare season, i think they should be applauded for coming in and cleaning up Shanny's mess. Shanny made a mess with Cutler/Marshall by allowing their egos to go unchecked. the new regime will soon be rid of both of them. Shanny allowed a culture of negativity and divisiveness to seep into the team. McD is getting rid of that. Shanny allowed low character guys into the locker room in a desperate attempt to get back to a SB. McD is putting an end to that.

that's how Shanny's name comes up. not in reference to the injuries, but in reference to what the new regime is here to fix.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2009, 07:13 AM

Moreno - Injured
Gafney - Injured
Orton - Injured
Kuper - Injured
Simms - Injured

What a ****ing mess...

On the bright side, posters throwing in the towel and playing a low trumpet (Bwah BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH) are all healthy. So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 07:23 AM
you called the situation a mess with an emphasis on how non-competitive this team was likely to be due to injuries. was that not your main message?

cutthedown pointed out that most injuries weren't so bad.

i concur with cutthedown. i don't think this team is in such dire straits. i think the new regime is changing the culture up at dove valley. rather than being blamed for what the naysayers believe will be a nightmare season, i think they should be applauded for coming in and cleaning up Shanny's mess. Shanny made a mess with Cutler/Marshall by allowing their egos to go unchecked. the new regime will soon be rid of both of them. Shanny allowed a culture of negativity and divisiveness to seep into the team. McD is getting rid of that. Shanny allowed low character guys into the locker room in a desperate attempt to get back to a SB. McD is putting an end to that.

that's how Shanny's name comes up. not in reference to the injuries, but in reference to what the new regime is here to fix.

Gafney, Kuper, marshall and (likely) Orton all out for the opener is a ****ing mess.

Just out of curiosity, when did being a fan require that you check your brain at the door? When your #1 QB, LG, #1 & #3 WR's are out for the season opener that is the definition of a ****ing mess. To top that off LG, and both receivers will likely be out several games. Again... ****ing mess.

When I take that "****ing mess" and add it to the rest of this offseason there is a "strong likelihood" that we will struggle. This is why I added the dig about our 1st round pick.

So to summarize my point...

(Rash of injuries to our offense) + (bad defense) + (tumultuous offseason) - 2010 1st round draft pick = "A ****ing mess"

See... not a single mention of mike shanahan.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 07:26 AM
On the bright side, posters throwing in the towel and playing a low trumpet (Bwah BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH) are all healthy. So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

You need to use the ignore feature...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2009, 07:27 AM
You need to use the ignore feature...

Considering that's the 10th time you've told me that exact same thing, I'd say you should work on finding the ignore feature yourself.

So long! :welcome:

TheDave
09-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Considering that's the 10th time you've told me that exact same thing, I'd say you should work on finding the ignore feature yourself.

So long! :welcome:

Just trying to help you out...

Gort
09-01-2009, 07:42 AM
So to summarize my point...

(Rash of injuries to our offense) + (bad defense) + (tumultuous offseason) - 2010 1st round draft pick = "A ****ing mess"

See... not a single mention of mike shanahan.

- all teams have injuries.
- so far, this defense this preseason has looked much better than last year's defense.
- is there a column for tumultuous offseason in the standings? cause all i know about are wins, losses, and ties. last time i checked, a tumultuous offseason didn't affect the standings going into the start of the season.
- a 2010 draft pick has nothing to do with how 2009 will turn out.

this team is not "A ****ing mess". let them play the games and at the end of the season, you can judge them. there's a reason they play the games and don't just award to Lombardi trophy in September to the team with the most fanboys at ESPN.

and it's important to remember that Shanny left this team a mess. McD is putting a system into place that will work to stabilize this franchise.

HILife
09-01-2009, 07:46 AM
You forgot:

Shanny-gone
Cutler-gone
Goodmans-gone

You also forgot:

Slowik-gone

This team really is a mess.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Its time for the football gods to shine a little love on the Broncos and bless us with something good...Come on now, we have suffered enough lately!!!!

TheDave
09-01-2009, 07:50 AM
- all teams have injuries.
- so far, this defense this preseason has looked much better than last year's defense.
- is there a column for tumultuous offseason in the standings? cause all i know about are wins, losses, and ties. last time i checked, a tumultuous offseason didn't affect the standings going into the start of the season.
- a 2010 draft pick has nothing to do with how 2009 will turn out.

this team is not "A ****ing mess". let them play the games and at the end of the season, you can judge them. there's a reason they play the games and don't just award to Lombardi trophy in September to the team with the most fanboys at ESPN.

and it's important to remember that Shanny left this team a mess. McD is putting a system into place that will work to stabilize this franchise.

Here's the deal, I've been watching the NFL for about 30 years now... I've never seen a bigger mess of **** than this.

-BUT-

Tell you what... In 12 days were going to see if it is a mess or not. If it isn't, I will gladly bump this and explain just how stupid I was.

Gort
09-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Here's the deal, I've been watching the NFL for about 30 years now... I've never seen a bigger mess of **** than this.

-BUT-

Tell you what... In 12 days were going to see if it is a mess or not. If it isn't, I will gladly bump this and explain just how stupid I was.

i've been watching on and off for 33 years. i've seen bigger messes. my childhood team was the Baltimore Colts. in the late 70's and early 80's, they had an owner who was actively working to sabotage the team so that he could move them closer to Chicago. he would get drunk and call down plays from the owner's box. there is nothing going on at Dove Valley that even comes close to the dysfunction of the Irsay-owned teams in their final few years in Baltimore. and there are other franchises that have been as bad. until last year, the Cardinals. the Bengals. the Lions. the Browns. the early Tampa Bay years. etc. etc. even the current Raiders team exhibits more dysfunction in 1 week than we've had here in Denver in the last 10 years.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 07:58 AM
The Dave, I think most of us know this year is going to be an uphill struggle. If we win more then 6 games I'd be happy (not happy, but surprised). The schedule is really tough, the QB is mediocre, and the defense is still suspect until proven otherwise. I don't know if cinncy is going to be a good indicator if we are going to be good, bc it is cinncy we are talking about.

Beantown Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:01 AM

How soon we forget. Last year's preseason defense was actually better than this year's preseason defense.

Last year's preseason defense did the following against some top offensive units:

Game 1 vs Texans - gave up 13 first half pts, forced a turnover and 2 sacks
Game 2 vs Cowboys - gave up 7 first half pts, INT and 2 sacks
Game 3 vs GB - 13 first half pts
Game 4 vs Cards - 14 total pts given up, 5 turnovers forced, 4 sacks

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:01 AM
By the way I love how now we have to wait until the season is over to "judge" them...

1st it was wait until camp...

Then it was... "Atleast wait till they start the preseason"

Then it was... "But they haven't even played a real game"

Then it was... "Gonna take a few games to see how things are"

Then it was... "We should know at the bye-week"

Now it's... "wait until the season is over."

Whats next... "Well we need to give him at least 3 years"

lex
09-01-2009, 08:03 AM
By the way I love how now we have to wait until the season is over to "judge" them...

You werent supposed to notice that. Also, the more self-made chaos that is created is supposed to add on more time.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2009, 08:03 AM

You should really learn to use the ignore feature. :rofl:

Gort
09-01-2009, 08:05 AM

you can pronounce judgement any time you want. but as of right now, my prediction of 10-11 wins is just as valid as your prediction of 4-5 wins. until the season's over, we won't know who is right and who is wrong. that's all i'm saying. if you want to read some deeper meaning into it, then go ahead.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:05 AM
i've been watching on and off for 33 years. i've seen bigger messes. my childhood team was the Baltimore Colts. in the late 70's and early 80's, they had an owner who was actively working to sabotage the team so that he could move them closer to Chicago. he would get drunk and call down plays from the owner's box. there is nothing going on at Dove Valley that even comes close to the dysfunction of the Irsay-owned teams in their final few years in Baltimore. and there are other franchises that have been as bad. until last year, the Cardinals. the Bengals. the Lions. the Browns. the early Tampa Bay years. etc. etc. even the current Raiders team exhibits more dysfunction in 1 week than we've had here in Denver in the last 10 years.

I'll give you the colts and Irsay... But IMO this offseason has been much worse than anything Cincy, Oakland, Detroit, etc. has accomplished in one offseason.

But like I said, were going to find out real soon.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:07 AM
You should really learn to use the ignore feature. :rofl:

This message is hidden because MooseBoy is on your ignore list... ;)

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:08 AM
The Dave, I think most of us know this year is going to be an uphill struggle. If we win more then 6 games I'd be happy (not happy, but surprised). The schedule is really tough, the QB is mediocre, and the defense is still suspect until proven otherwise. I don't know if cinncy is going to be a good indicator if we are going to be good, bc it is cinncy we are talking about.

Going 8-8 or worse is a step back and a failure this year. Bowlen fired Shanny to get better, well, 9-7 would be better anything less than that is a failure.

Now let's start hearing all of the excuses as to why Lil' Hoodie shouldn't be expected to pull that off.

GO!

Gort
09-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I'll give you the colts and Irsay... But IMO this offseason has been much worse than anything Cincy, Oakland, Detroit, etc. has accomplished in one offseason.

But like I said, were going to find out real soon.

Oakland in the past year had an owner/HC feuding during the season, with the owner doing everything possible to humiliate the HC and get him to quit. and now the new HC is getting into fistfights and threatening to kill one of his assistant coaches. just those 2 things are worse than anything that's ever happened in Broncos history.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:09 AM
you can pronounce judgement any time you want. but as of right now, my prediction of 10-11 wins is just as valid as your prediction of 4-5 wins. until the season's over, we won't know who is right and who is wrong. that's all i'm saying. if you want to read some deeper meaning into it, then go ahead.

10-11 wins means I want what you're smoking. Sweet sweet cheeba.

It is entirely possible that half to 3/4 of our scheduled opponents come down with swine flu and forfeit or lose those games. It's possible...I guess.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Going 8-8 or worse is a step back and a failure this year. Bowlen fired Shanny to get better, well, 9-7 would be better anything less than that is a failure.

Now let's start hearing all of the excuses as to why Lil' Hoodie shouldn't be expected to pull that off.

GO!

Stupid.

Shanahan couldn't go 9-7 the last two years, but a new coach and a new system are expected to.

I guess you just like being disappointed.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Oakland in the past year had an owner/HC feuding during the season, with the owner doing everything possible to humiliate the HC and get him to quit. and now the new HC is getting into fistfights and threatening to kill one of his assistant coaches. just those 2 things are worse than anything that's ever happened in Broncos history.

Trading cutler was not only worse, but will affect (or is it effect) us significantly longer.

You don't trade 25 year old pro-bowl QB's... EVER.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Trading cutler was not only worse, but will affect (or is it effect) us significantly longer.

And the 2009-2010 Broncos are about to demonstrate to the entire world why that is.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:16 AM
And the 2009-2010 Broncos are about to demonstrate to the entire world why that is.

That's why we need to go get one in the upcoming draft. I hate that we traded cutler, and in order for us to be a contender we need a top flight QB. That is unless Brandstater is the 2nd coming of another Tom B.

Gort
09-01-2009, 08:16 AM

what's worse... to trade one that you drafted at #11, or be like the Raiders and have:

the 4th pick in 2008
the 1st pick in 2007
the 7th pick in 2006
the 2nd pick in 2004

and the best you can find at QB is JaMarcus Russell?

lex
09-01-2009, 08:17 AM
That's why we need to go get one in the upcoming draft. I hate that we traded cutler, and in order for us to be a contender we need a top flight QB. That is unless Brandstater is the 2nd coming of another Tom B.

No, McDaniels needs to make it work without a 1st round QB. If they need a 1st round QB, then McDaniels needs to be gone.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:18 AM
what's worse... to trade one that you drafted at #11, or be like the Raiders and have:

the 4th pick in 2008
the 1st pick in 2007
the 7th pick in 2006
the 2nd pick in 2004

This is the Raiders we are talking about...The Ravens got Flacco at what, 20 last year?

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM

Having 2 first round picks is a tremendous step in the right direction in an effort to snag a top flight QB in the next draft and thank God we got that first rounder in the Cutler trade or we might be screwed. I rest easy knowing that no matter what happens this year we're sitting on that trump card of having 2 first rounders next year to tinker with in the draft process. That is going to help a lot. Whether or not we decide to pull the trigger on Bradford or wait for another guy further down we have the flexibility to pretty much go after any player we want in that first round if we so choose so yeah, our FO and management brain trust go that one right.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM

the 4th pick in 2008
the 1st pick in 2007
the 7th pick in 2006
the 2nd pick in 2004

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but Kyle Orton isn't any better.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:22 AM
No, McDaniels needs to make it work without a 1st round QB. If they need a 1st round QB, then McDaniels needs to be gone.

Who knows, I think the more turnover the worse, we need stability, minus the cutler debacle, I have faith in the direction this team is going. I like the TEAM aspect, and think that Cutler made his bed, and it sucks how it all went down, but if we can get a stud QB, with our young oline and WR's/system/Knowshon, I think we will be fine w/McD and Nolan led regime. IMO.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Having 2 first round picks is a tremendous step in the right direction in an effort to snag a top flight QB in the next draft and thank God we got that first rounder in the Cutler trade or we might be screwed. I rest easy knowing that no matter what happens this year we're sitting on that trump card of having 2 first rounders next year to tinker with in the draft process. That is going to help a lot. Whether or not we decide to pull the trigger on Bradford or wait for another guy further down we have the flexibility to pretty much go after any player we want in that first round if we so choose so yeah, our FO and management brain trust go that one right.

Bingo... If we are going to go through the pain of a rebuilding season at least give us the one benefit that comes with it.

By the way several of the seattle forums have a "Denver Watch" thread on them. They are LOVING this.

Gort
09-01-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure what you are getting at, but Kyle Orton isn't any better.

i think Orton is a poor man's Plummer and i was more often frustrated by Plummer than happy with his play. Orton is a placeholder. i know that. i expect the McD will have to find an above-average QB in the next 2 or 3 years in order to have what he had in NE.

it is possible to be glad that Cutler's gone without being an Orton supporter. i am willing to give the guy a chance, but i expect that he'll give us the same sort of results that Plummer did. some games he'll be fine and some games he'll be horrible. to be honest, Cutler was the same way, just with more natural ability and less natural leadership skills than Plummer.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Bingo... If we are going to go through the pain of a rebuilding season at least give us the one benefit that comes with it.

By the way several of the seattle forums have a "Denver Watch" thread on them. They are LOVING this.

Those two first rounders next year are the only solace pulling me through these dark and trying times.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:25 AM

hmmm...

We actually only have 1 draft-pick next season, remember the Seahawks own our pick with the Alphonso Smith trade. I still think if we are say picking around 18, we can trade up enough to grab one of the top 3 guys. Pretty much like the Jets getting up to grab Sanchez.

lex
09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Who knows, I think the more turnover the worse, we need stability, minus the cutler debacle, I have faith in the direction this team is going. I like the TEAM aspect, and think that Cutler made his bed, and it sucks how it all went down, but if we can get a stud QB, with our young oline and WR's/system/Knowshon, I think we will be fine w/McD and Nolan led regime. IMO.

I understand. Some people are easily sold on corny bull****. Oh well. Its just that when you have what get something you realize you need but previously fumbled away, thats generally a sign that your team is rudderless. Its not good to reward rudderlessness.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2009, 08:27 AM
It's simple. Make marshall play. I guarantee he plays hard, its the only thing that makes business sense for him. MAKE HIM PLAY DO NOT TRADE HIM FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:28 AM

I remember when we owned the future #1 of the Redskins we all thought they would be freakin terrible, and somehow they won like 8 or 9 games. I am hoping we do the same.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:28 AM
i think Orton is a poor man's Plummer and i was more often frustrated by Plummer than happy with his play. Orton is a placeholder. i know that. i expect the McD will have to find an above-average QB in the next 2 or 3 years in order to have what he had in NE.

it is possible to be glad that Cutler's gone without being an Orton supporter. i am willing to give the guy a chance, but i expect that he'll give us the same sort of results that Plummer did. some games he'll be fine and some games he'll be horrible. to be honest, Cutler was the same way, just with more natural ability and less natural leadership skills than Plummer.

First, Orton is not a poor man's Plummer. I'll take the Snake today over our entire stable of QB's handball playing attitude and all. Orton moves like old people f u ( k and throws like an 8 year old girl with a busted rotator cuff.

A placeholder? Are you cool with shipping a 25 year old pro bowl rock slinging, pocket busting bonafide NFL stud for a place holder because Bowlen and Lil Hoodie let their egos drag them into a "who's got a bigger d@ck" fight with a petulent player?

Cutler is going to progress, in all respects. Orton is topped out. What you see is what you've got and what we've got is a chubby dude with a neckbeard and a penchant for booze and mediocre tail taking snaps under center. Bring in Brandstater.

SoDak Bronco
09-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I understand. Some people are easily sold on corny bull****. Oh well. Its just that when you have what get something you realize you need but previously fumbled away, thats generally a sign that your team is rudderless. Its not good to reward rudderlessness.

We shall see..If we can play decent in this upcoming season with all the crazyiness, I think even you woud admit that we may be heading in the right direction.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:30 AM
hmmm...

We actually only have 1 draft-pick next season, remember the Seahawks own our pick with the Alphonso Smith trade. I still think if we are say picking around 18, we can trade up enough to grab one of the top 3 guys. Pretty much like the Jets getting up to grab Sanchez.

No, we still have that pick because if we did what you're saying then that would be really f'ing stupid and nobody in the NFL (unless we hired Matt Millen) could be that f'ing stupid. We're not that stupid. We'll be fine.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:31 AM

With the supposed complexity of this offense we better get our QB NOW. As it is, it will take a rookie at least 2 seasons to get comfortable. If we wait 2-3 years were looking at 2013 or 2014 before we have a chance at a good to great QB.

Thats why getting rid of him will probably go down as one of the dumber moves ever. It will most likely take us several seasons to fix that position. I wouldn't be so sure McDaniels has "several" seasosn.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 08:32 AM
First, Orton is not a poor man's Plummer. I'll take the Snake today over our entire stable of QB's handball playing attitude and all. Orton moves like old people f u ( k and throws like an 8 year old girl with a busted rotator cuff.

A placeholder? Are you cool with shipping a 25 year old pro bowl rock slinging, pocket busting bonafide NFL stud for a place holder because Bowlen and Lil Hoodie let their egos drag them into a "who's got a bigger d@ck" fight with a petulent player?

Cutler is going to progress, in all respects. Orton is topped out. What you see is what you've got and what we've got is a chubby dude with a neckbeard and a penchant for booze and mediocre tail taking snaps under center. Bring in Brandstater.

What he said...

lex
09-01-2009, 08:33 AM
We shall see..If we can play decent in this upcoming season with all the crazyiness, I think even you woud admit that we may be heading in the right direction.

As Ive said many times, I expect 10 wins.

RaiderH8r
09-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Stupid.

Shanahan couldn't go 9-7 the last two years, but a new coach and a new system are expected to.

I guess you just like being disappointed.

I get that you're personally invested in Lil Hoodie, a little non sexual man crush, I get that. But the bottom line is that success is measured by wins, anything else is just a bag full of slapdick excuses. I suspect what we'll have are a number of folks, like me, who expect improvement when told that's what we're getting and the rest will be filling a bag full of slapdick excuses and doing the cerebral circle jerk over the prospect of "two steps back one step forward, moving in the right direction, rebuilding, give him two years, we need three to see the system in place, blah blah f'ing blah bs." Hoodie set the club back at least 5 years by shipping Cutler. Period. He wants to make bold moves I expect bold results.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2009, 08:36 AM
As Ive said many times, I expect 10 wins.

You're being incredibly unrealistic and unfair. This team is going to experience growing pains as they grow accustom to the new system. Could 10 wins happen? Sure, who knows...but between the high turnover and brutal schedule, i think the real goal should be playing great football by the end of the season. If we look strong and organized then, we'll be in great shape for the future.

If Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall were still here with Slowick, i wouldn't expect 10 wins either

zdoor
09-01-2009, 09:29 AM

Agree completely...

Ironlung
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
If you guys hate this "mess" of a team SOOOOOOOOOO much, then why are you here 24-7? You guys just love to be around things you hate? Get lives, seriously. No really....leave the house....go...

underrated29
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
It's simple. Make marshall play. I guarantee he plays hard, its the only thing that makes business sense for him. MAKE HIM PLAY DO NOT TRADE HIM FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR

couldnt agree more.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2009, 09:40 AM
If I was McD, I'd sit on BMarsh and if he doesn't take things seriously, I'd suspend him during the regular season.

I guarantee he'll take that seriously. And, he'll be back ready to play.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
If you guys hate this "mess" of a team SOOOOOOOOOO much, then why are you here 24-7? You guys just love to be around things you hate? Get lives, seriously. No really....leave the house....go...

No one said we hated the team... just the situtaion we are in.

Big difference...

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
With the supposed complexity of this offense we better get our QB NOW. As it is, it will take a rookie at least 2 seasons to get comfortable. If we wait 2-3 years were looking at 2013 or 2014 before we have a chance at a good to great QB.

Thats why getting rid of him will probably go down as one of the dumber moves ever. It will most likely take us several seasons to fix that position. I wouldn't be so sure McDaniels has "several" seasosn.

IF Denver can find someone with Cutler's comparable talent and understanding of the game immediately next off-season, we're set back only 4 years.

The odds of that happening are also slim. We're probably looking at a decade of remorse.

lex
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
You're being incredibly unrealistic and unfair. This team is going to experience growing pains as they grow accustom to the new system.
Thats just not going to work. Its not unfair at all. The new system was a problem of their own making. Theres no way in hell Im lowering my expectations to accommodate watching 47 screen passes a game.

Could 10 wins happen? Sure, who knows...but between the high turnover and brutal schedule, i think the real goal should be playing great football by the end of the season.
No. Earlier someone pointed out the folly of how first it was, "wait until training camp", then it was "wait until they play a game", followed by "wait until they play a reg season game", now since that hasnt gone so well everyone is going with "you have to give it a season" and some are even "its going to take 3 years". This is just more of that--the circumventing apologist. There was sufficient talent on the team to compete with and win against the better teams at the end of last season. The team was going to improve just by having a lot of young talent getting a year older. Plus you add in Nolan and there are really no excuses not to win 10 games. Thats my expectation and Im sticking to it.

If we look strong and organized then, we'll be in great shape for the future.

If this year sucks, Ill be looking forward to who will be our next coach.

responses above

TheDave
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
IF Denver can find someone with Cutler's comparable talent and understanding of the game immediately next off-season, we're set back only 4 years.

The odds of that happening are also slim. We're probably looking at a decade of remorse.

I'm hoping thats not the case... but it could be.

My sincere hope is that McD realizes the mess of **** he is in with Orton and does what ever he can to get one of these blue chip QB's in 2010.

Who? I have no idea. The draft is enough of a crapshoot in April.

underrated29
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM

My sincere hope is that McD realizes the mess of **** he is in with Orton and does what ever he can to get one of these blue chip QB's in 2010.

Here is my problem with that....All this year we have been calling knowshon our first rd pick. Then we do end up taking him with our first pick and people bytch about not going defense. Yet next year it seems that most want to take a QB and ignore the defense again. and everything is fine with that. wtf.

Not calling you out LeDave, just happened to be a post i was referencing.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is my problem with that....All this year we have been calling knowshon our first rd pick. Then we do end up taking him with our first pick and people bytch about not going defense. Yet next year it seems that most want to take a QB and ignore the defense again. and everything is fine with that. wtf.

Not calling you out LeDave, just happened to be a post i was referencing.

Reason #256 why I'm pissed about Cutler.

Now we have to use valuable resources to address the Qb position. The one I thought was set for the next decade.

Any chance we can get a mulligan on that?

chaz
09-01-2009, 09:54 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXNOg8pXHkg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXNOg8pXHkg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

rastaman
09-01-2009, 10:15 AM

The only way McD can position himself to land the top 3 QB in 2010 draft is to manuever and give up our No. 1 picks for 2011 and 2012! How would that sit with the fans? Such is the screwed up position Bowlen and McD have put themselves in by getting rid of Cutler.

Point is, McD in the next 3 or 4 years ain't winning squat with mediocre QB's that have reached their talent ceiling of the likes of Orton and Simms. Unless Tommy B, is a 6th rnd surprise like Brady was when he was drafted.....McD probably won't be successful here in Denver. And McD's successor will need to go on the immediate search for the next Franchise caliber QB.

Trading Cutler may have knocked backed the QB position by 6-10 years. This franchise is in deep trouble!

We fans may need to get ready for the bumpy ride 3-5 win seasons untill we get a for sure Franchise QB...........plain and simple.

TotallyScrewed
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Welcome aboard...

I've been there since Jay C. was dumped. I don't think it will get much worse but you never know.

I think that Seattle is really starting to panic over the #1 pick that McD has sent them...what with having to pay top 3-5 money for another stud.

TotallyScrewed
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Oh **** yea.

Sign me up right ****ing now.

Awww... look who wants a defender NOW.

TotallyScrewed
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM

All of you who have this idea are full of sh!t. Not one Broncos fan has ever told me the would be happy when their team loses. Pull your head out of McD's arse for a second.

Unless things turn around to the positive direction, I want McD and Bowlen out of the way. They can fork some other team for all I care, just not the Broncos. In time, I'll get my way.

rastaman
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
If I was McD, I'd sit on BMarsh and if he doesn't take things seriously, I'd suspend him during the regular season.

I guarantee he'll take that seriously. And, he'll be back ready to play.

Remember TJ, ready to play for Brandon does not mean he plays at his 07 & 08 caliber of play! For one, he may not want to do it out of protest over his contract. Second, the offense is in such disarray and the caliber of Qb play is a big drop off since Cutler was traded, Marshall couldn't duplicate his 07 & 08 seasons of production even if he wanted to!

All Brandon needs to do is run good routes and catch the catchable passes, look for someone to hit and allow one person to tackle him on every play....and he can't get suspended by that method of play; and he still gets paid. Its not like playing at his 07 and 08 levels of excitment and determinatiion where it took 2 or 3 players to bring him down. He can go back to allowing 2 or 3 players to bring him down when Denver or another team are ready to pay him at least "Roddy White" type salary. Mean while, expect "Randy Moss" type of production out of Bmarsh when Moss was with Oakland and stinking up he joint.

So what good would it do to suspend Marshall out of frustration and b/c he couldn't duplicate his 07 & 08 seasons. How stupid is that idea!!

Meanwhile, when reporters interview him about his contract and his situation in Denver......Brandon can continue to reply "My agent and I are looking forward to leaving Denver and making a trade happen".....what can you do about that strategy???

Remember, Bmarsh isn't the type of player you rebuild a team around. He's most effective and impactful on a team surrounded by talent, has a top 5 QB throwing the ball to him and on a team ready to win immediately.

Now of course Brandon will make a great scapegoat and a human target for a fan depository of frustration-hate-and smear. But when the dust all settles, we will all find out Denvers problems are more than just Brandon not returning to 07 an 08 productions.

TonyR
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
What a ****ing mess...

Have you come up with a way to blame the injuries on McD yet?

When you step back and think about it this offense has been operating without it's #1 WR, probable #1 RB, and #3/4 WR, and is now missing a starting G and both it's #1 and #2 QB. McD isn't responsible for any of this (unless you want to try to pin BM on him) and I think it's safe to assume that this offense would have been better with Marshall and Moreno in the lineup.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Remember TJ, ready to play for Brandon does not mean he plays at his 07 & 08 caliber of play! For one, he may not want to do it out of protest over his contract. Second, the offense is in such disarray and the caliber of Qb play is a big drop off since Cutler was traded, Marshall couldn't duplicate his 07 & 08 seasons of production even if he wanted to!

All Brandon needs to do is run good routes and catch the catchable passes, look for someone to hit and allow one person to tackle him on every play....and he can't get suspended by that method of play; and he still gets paid. Its not like playing at his 07 and 08 levels of excitment and determinatiion where it took 2 or 3 players to bring him down. He can go back to allowing 2 or 3 players to bring him down when Denver or another team are ready to pay him at least "Roddy White" type salary. Mean while, expect "Randy Moss" type of production out of Bmarsh when Moss was with Oakland and stinking up he joint.

So what good would it do to suspend Marshall out of frustration and b/c he couldn't duplicate his 07 & 08 seasons. How stupid is that idea!!

Meanwhile, when reporters interview him about his contract and his situation in Denver......Brandon can continue to reply "My agent and I are looking forward to leaving Denver and making a trade happen".....what can you do about that strategy???

Remember, Bmarsh isn't the type of player you rebuild a team around. He's most effective and impactful on a team surrounded by talent, has a top 5 QB throwing the ball to him and on a team ready to win immediately.

Now of course Brandon will make a great scapegoat and a human target for a fan depository of frustration-hate-and smear. But when the dust all settles, we will all find out Denvers problems are more than just Brandon not returning to 07 an 08 productions.

I agree. What I mean is that if BMarsh continues his antics in practice (the Broncos must document his antics) then suspend him during the season which will directly affect is pocket book.

I really think BMarsh is going to stop the foolish behavior once the season starts. Again, I think BMarsh is a smart guy and I think he knows when to stop the childish behavior.

Hopefully, once the season starts, BMarsh will start competing.

TheReverend
09-01-2009, 11:03 AM

I think my post didn't appropriately sink in past skin-deep.

If we get a blue chip QB next season, it'll be his 3rd year at least before he's at the level of the QB we just shipped out of town. He can be serviceable behind a tough D and a solid running game before that, but it'd be the 3rd season HOPEFULLY that he can carry a team on his own play.

So that's where the 4 years was coming from. Odds of hitting a QB like that first try are slim though.

Only QBs to really show something since the Eli/Rivers/Ben draft have been Jay, Rodgers and Matt Ryan. Flacco, ehhhhhhhhhh not so much, but starting to look sharper right now.

My concern is without our own pick, we'll be on the outside looking in on the QBs this season, and we'll push to grab one we think has talent... kinda like Buffallo did with Losman that year with Eli/Rivers/Ben.

Then we're really ****ed.

Lev Vyvanse
09-01-2009, 11:04 AM

When you step back and think about it this offense has been operating without it's #1 WR, probable #1 RB, and #3/4 WR, and is now missing a starting G and both it's #1 and #2 QB. McD isn't responsible for any of this (unless you want to try to pin BM on him) and I think it's safe to assume that this offense would have been better with Marshall and Moreno in the lineup.

I think TheDave stated weeks ago that playing starters in the preseason alot is risky.

lex
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM

Thats more than likely not true.

TheDave
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM

We played our starters more than any other team this preseason... So yes that does contribute to injuries, but no I don't blame McDaniels.

Next question...

TheDave
09-01-2009, 11:21 AM

I got what you were saying... but I'm trying real ****ing hard to be positive.

and yes the phrase "what a ****ing mess" was as positive as I could get at the time.

Popps
09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm fine with giving our starters some playing time. If these guys can't make it through a few quarters, then they're not ready.

Orton's injury was fluke, and some guy rolled up on Kuper's leg. Not sure what can be done to avoid that, besides not playing them... and then you're in ****-shape.

Clearly, we've done nothing right with regards to staying healthy in the past few years... so when something doesn't work, you try other things.

Hotrod
09-01-2009, 11:41 AM

Moreno - Injured
Gafney - Injured
Orton - Injured
Kuper - Injured
Simms - Injured

What a ****ing mess...

We do have a smallish nickel corner out of all this. So I guess we have that going for us Ha!

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Thats more than likely not true.

It's official ( you're idiot)

24champ
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM

If we get a blue chip QB next season, it'll be his 3rd year at least before he's at the level of the QB we just shipped out of town. He can be serviceable behind a tough D and a solid running game before that, but it'd be the 3rd season HOPEFULLY that he can carry a team on his own play.

So that's where the 4 years was coming from. Odds of hitting a QB like that first try are slim though.

Only QBs to really show something since the Eli/Rivers/Ben draft have been Jay, Rodgers and Matt Ryan. Flacco, ehhhhhhhhhh not so much, but starting to look sharper right now.

My concern is without our own pick, we'll be on the outside looking in on the QBs this season, and we'll push to grab one we think has talent... kinda like Buffallo did with Losman that year with Eli/Rivers/Ben.

Then we're really ****ed.

We got Tom B!

Don't worry about it.8')

underrated29
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Reason #256 why I'm pissed about Cutler.

Now we have to use valuable resources to address the Qb position. The one I thought was set for the next decade.

Any chance we can get a mulligan on that?

I sure F****n hope so!