PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon News from Denverpost.com

cmhargrove
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
FYI

Knowshon sighting
by Mike Klis on August 30, 2009

Under the watchful eye of Broncos’ longtime trainer Steve “Greek”" Antonopulos, Broncos rookie running back Knowshon Moreno was testing his injured right knee prior to the preseason game here tonight against the Bears at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Moreno, the Broncos’ No. 12 overall draft pick, suffered a strained MCL in his right knee while making his second carry in the preseason opener Aug. 14 at San Francisco.

At Invesco tonight, Moreno was attached to a bungee cord that was secured around the base of the goal post near the south end zone. Working against the bungee resistence, Moreno went through a series of backpedals, crossovers and lateral moves.

There’s a chance Moreno could practice this week on a limited basis with hopes he will be ready to play by the Broncos’ regular-season opener Sept. 13 at Cincinnati.

Boobs McGee
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
I just hope we don't throw him back in too soon. I'd rather have him %100 healthy than chancing another injury. I think hillis and buckhalter will be enough for the first two weeks

Punisher
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
I just hope we don't throw him back in too soon. I'd rather have him %100 healthy than chancing another injury. I think hillis and buckhalter will be enough for the first two weeks

Yea i'm with this guy,Knowshon is the face of the franchise at this moment and we need him back healthy meaning 100%.

KU KLUX KOLORADO
08-31-2009, 08:35 PM
get better boy

footstepsfrom#27
08-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I just hope we don't throw him back in too soon. I'd rather have him %100 healthy than chancing another injury.
This

Punisher
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
get better boy

this place gets worst everyday.......

BroncoDoug
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
get better boy

WTF dude.... Really?

I agree with you Punisher, this is becoming a joke now

orinjkrush
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
if Greek says ready by opener....
save him till October.

jhat01
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
get better boy

jeeeeez

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM

This. Treat him with kid gloves until it's 100% certain that it's 100% healed. Hillis can do quite a bit with the ball in his hands.

bowtown
08-31-2009, 09:00 PM
jeeeeez

Yeah, a mod should really put Mc in front of his name, or I don't know... ban him.

watermock
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
get better boy

Beats me!

spdirty
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
We wont miss a beat in the running game if McDaniels lets Hillis start and get the majority of the carries. Thats a big if though. http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134

Lolad
08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
get better boy

wtf kind of name is this? Mods do something

OBF1
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
save him till October.

Racist

ZONA
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
save him till October.

Doh :rofl:

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Under the watchful eye of Broncos’ longtime trainer Steve “Greek”" Antonopulos

I stopped reading right here.

We're ****ed.

Popps
08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
this place gets worst everyday.......

Why, just because Lex and a Klan member are spamming the board all day long?

Please. The real problem here is the "kool-aid drinkers" and their ridiculous "rooting for the team" nonsense.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM

been saying the same thing since he got injured. let him get up to speed and in game shape again before we throw him out in the regular season. i'd rather us practice him and work him in slowly and have his debut be week 2 or 3. Hillis and Buck, with a little help from Jordan and Walker can carry the load for the opener.

Man-Goblin
09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Knowshon practicing today per Josina on Twitter. Josina also saying she is headed to lunch.

cutthemdown
09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
What they don't do is say he the guy is ready to go, but lets wait another week just to be sure. I know some of you feel that is risky but really how they do it is simple.

Can you practice, if so can you play. Otherwise you don't. Unless a doctor tells team the guy risks further injury by playing now they will play him.

It's a tough mans sport and there are no room for players not willing to play hurt. Injured is a different story, but often healed injuries still hurt. You just have to play through it and get back to 100%.

Moreno will be ready I have faith.

lex
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Why, just because Lex and a Klan member are spamming the board all day long?

Please. The real problem here is the "kool-aid drinkers" and their ridiculous "rooting for the team" nonsense.

Well, youre the one who has said he'd be happy with 4-12, while Im the one who expects the team to win 10 games.

lex
09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
What they don't do is say he the guy is ready to go, but lets wait another week just to be sure. I know some of you feel that is risky but really how they do it is simple.

Can you practice, if so can you play. Otherwise you don't. Unless a doctor tells team the guy risks further injury by playing now they will play him.

It's a tough mans sport and there are no room for players not willing to play hurt. Injured is a different story, but often healed injuries still hurt. You just have to play through it and get back to 100%.

Moreno will be ready I have faith.

Wow, thats awesome info.

Popcorn Sutton
09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Knowshon practicing today per Josina on Twitter. Josina also saying she is headed to lunch.

:rofl:

lifeafter elway
09-02-2009, 03:29 AM
get better boy

Mods - please ban this jerk off.

footstepsfrom#27
09-02-2009, 03:53 AM
get better boy
Hey bf7 has a new ID.

hambone13
09-02-2009, 03:59 AM
get better boy

Remember that scene in the third Die Hard Movie where John McClain had to wear that sign into Harlem? That's what anyone with this sort of mentality should have to do when ever they come out of hiding like the cowardly, weak, pathetic human beings that they are.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey bf7 has a new ID.

ZING!

Well, we were all thinking it.

meangene
09-02-2009, 08:00 AM
From the Post today:

For the first time since Aug. 12, the Broncos had all of their running backs on the field Tuesday at the same time.

Rookie first-round draft pick Know-shon Moreno returned to practice for the first time since spraining the medial collateral ligament in his knee against San Francisco on Aug. 14.

Moreno wore an orange "no contact" jersey but was able to take repetitions with the offense in running and passing situations, Broncos coach Josh McDan-iels said.

"He looked fine in doing it," McDaniels said. "We're going to work him back in the way we should, not 100 percent of the reps the first day."

Veteran running back LaMont Jordan also returned Tuesday after missing all of last week, including Sunday's game against Chicago, with an undisclosed injury. Jordan was in his usual white No. 32 jersey.

With Tuesday being the Broncos' only full practice in preparation for Thursday's final preseason game against Arizona, it is unlikely Moreno will play against the Cardinals.

"Not sure about that yet," McDaniels said. "See how he feels (today) and make a smart decision about that on Thursday."

Moreno had three carries for 18 yards before leaving the game against San Francisco. He has been at the Broncos' Dove Valley headquarters working with the team's training staff since the injury. Moreno worked out on the field at Invesco Field at Mile High before Sunday's game. He did not comment Tuesday after practice.

"It was great to see Knowshon. We were all clowning and stuff," said running back Darius Walker. "He's a good dude and we missed him. Knowshon's one of those guys that wants to be out there, so I think that's the most encouraging thing for us to see about him, is that he wants to be out there regardless of what's going on."

Correll Buckhalter has started the first three preseason games for the Broncos at running back, though Walker and Peyton Hillis have more carries.

The Broncos have a substantial break between Thursday's game and the regular-season opener Sept. 13 at Cincinnati.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds encouraging for Moreno being ready week 1.

Broncos4tw
09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Yes, no rush.. there is NO reason to further injure what could be one of our key players for years to come. I'd even sit him game 1 if he isn't 100%. If we require him to beat that sorry team, it really doesn't matter anyways. Rest him!

meangene
09-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Yes, no rush.. there is NO reason to further injure what could be one of our key players for years to come. I'd even sit him game 1 if he isn't 100%. If we require him to beat that sorry team, it really doesn't matter anyways. Rest him!

I agree if he is not 100% and, even then, I would limit his touches. But, if he can take the reps next week, including contact, with no setbacks, I see no reason not to play him. We will need all the weapons we can put out there with our injury situation.