PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see as the next coach?

lex
08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Its not likely given Pats situation but lets say it doesn go well this year and it blows up in Bowlens face so he fires McDaniels. Who would you then like to see become the next head coach of the Broncos?

Poll to follow

orinjkrush
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
how frickin bizzaro would it take to get Shanny back?
hell frozen?

I would vote for MARTY SHOTTINHEIEMRYOURASS.

ghwk
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Lex you are just a trolling prick.

Archer81
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
The theme that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends...

:Broncos:

Taco John
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
What a stupid poll.

There's a difference between whining, and being critical.

You're just being a whiner.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM

Dude, everybody here knows he is a trolling prick. He's a true cancer to this board and all he does is want to be controversial for attention. He's a needy attention whore. ROFL!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/nancitaf/AttentionWhore.jpg

Ex-Broncos Fan
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Other - Mike Leach, Texas Tech

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

spdirty
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Kubiak or Gruden.

ghwk
08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
What a stupid poll.

That's my problem with Lex, he whines and spams. I'm fine with difference of opinion, it's healthy. But not the way he does it.

521 1N5
None. Like you, I hope they move the team to Canada.

You are such a little pussy.

DBroncos4life
Bill Callahan. The man is amazing with O's

Jason in LA
08-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Well seeing that Mike Shanahan is still on the payroll, might as well let him coach the team.

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Bill Callahan.
Best coach EVER. Ruined the Huskers AND Raiders what more could you ask for?

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
best coach ever.

lol

Spider
Jerry ****ing Glanville................http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/images/thumbnail/84165_Glanville.jpg..........BOOO YAH Baby

Ratboy
Well seeing that Mike Shanahan is still on the payroll, might as well let him coach the team.

Mike would not come back to this team.

lex
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
What a stupid poll.

Wow, I was really hoping you would like it.

Ex-Broncos Fan
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Best coach EVER. Ruined the Huskers AND Raiders what more could you ask for?

I love how everybody labels a head coach that led his team to the AFC Championship as a failure.

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
http://videodetective.com/photos/815/034246_2.jpg

Big Tom Callahan

Is that for me dad, no son, that's for me.:wiggle:

ghwk
08-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow, I was really hoping you would like it.

No you weren't.

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:11 PM
I love how everybody labels a head coach that led his team to the AFC Championship as a failure.

Thats a joke right?

Jason in LA
08-31-2009, 08:12 PM
How about Black Bush. He probably has a lot of yellow cake.

steeledude
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM

Good one.

Lex--I think chances are higher than people think. I mean I know the financial constraints on Bowlen, but he can't ignore what is likely to transpire this season. If people quit going to games he'll make a move. I'm not sure who we would get though.

Shanahan I'd love to have back if he let the defense be run by Nolan. My thing with Shanahan is I heard he lost the team. But then you see all the penalties last night, especially offensive line penalties from what is considered to be one of the strengths of our team, and you start to realize just how good we had it.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
I think Callahan can coach in the NFL. I blame the AD for every bit of Callahan's failures and NU. He was a very good recruiter but he couldn't get the most out of his players which is why I think he is better off in the NFL.

KU KLUX KOLORADO
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
I voted chucky gruden but I am willing to give mcdaniels two years

lex
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Good one.

Lex--I think chances are higher than people think. I mean I know the financial constraints on Bowlen, but he can't ignore what is likely to transpire this season. If people quit going to games he'll make a move. I'm not sure who we would get though.

Shanahan I'd love to have back if he let the defense be run by Nolan. My thing with Shanahan is I heard he lost the team. But then you see all the penalties last night, especially offensive line penalties from what is considered to be one of the strengths of our team, and you start to realize just how good we had it.

Not that this scenario is realistic to begin with, but I seriously doubt Shanahan would come back. Something to keep in mind is that Ive often heard people think this is a make or break year for Kubiak.

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Good one.

Here would be Shanahan's response to a job offer4321~.

lostknight
08-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Jeremy Bates...

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
I think Callahan can coach in the NFL. I blame the AD for every bit of Callahan's failures and NU. He was a very good recruiter but he couldn't get the most out of his players which is why I think he is better off in the NFL.

Are you a Nebraska fan?

steeledude
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Not that this scenario is realistic to begin with, but I seriously doubt Shanahan would come back. Something to keep in mind is that Ive often heard people think this is a make or break year for Kubiak.

Honestly, that would be a dream come true. I'd love Kubiak as our head coach, that's what was intended all along.

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Thats a joke right?

No. Two years as a NFL coach, one AFC Championship sounds like a pretty good stint to me.

footstepsfrom#27
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
If McD bombs give me Urban Meyer, who I believe may be the next great coach in the NFL if he chooses to make the jump.

lex
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
If McD bombs give me Urban Meyer, who I believe may be the next great coach in the NFL if he chooses to make the jump.

What people dont realize is that he isnt all about his offense. When he went to Florida, he played a more conventional offense at times (I can think of one game vs Georgia). What you could really notice from the time he arrived in Gainesville was that he cleaned up a lot of sloppy stuff. Incredible attention to detail. Their first NC was actually kind of done with one hand tied behind their back in that their QB didnt really fit their system at all, but they still made it work. I used to think, no way but more recently Ive started thinking that if anyone can do it, its him.

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
the dumbest team in America in terms of playing the game.

This quote is in reference to the team he had coached for more than a season. My dog could have coached that 2002 team, Gruden had the system in place.

Eldorado
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Are you a Nebraska fan?

You lost 'em dude. Let it go.

s0phr0syne
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Like others, I wish Mike Shanahan were at least an option on the poll.

It's pretty retarded poll as is, IMO at least, because I think Bowlen hired McD for the long haul.

Since the premise isn't realistic, you should have included the Mastermind as option--this Shanafan still pines for the days of yesteryear and mediocrity (I'm serious).

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 08:45 PM
This quote is in reference to the team he had coached for more than a season. My dog could have coached that 2002 team, Gruden had the system in place.

I went to the game where Callahan said they were the dumbest team in America:rofl:

The 2002 Raiders didn't have it easy even though Gruden left the team in good shape. They were 4-4 at the halfway point in serious danger of missing the postseason. Callahan deserves credit for getting them out of a rut after their bye week and leading them to a 9-1 record en route to Super Bowl XXXVII.

Callahan called the plays. That Raiders offense was a well oiled machine that year, which ranked second in the NFL. That was a better offensive showing than any of Gruden's offensive units. Rich Gannon enjoyed a MVP season.

He's not a failure.

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
You lost 'em dude. Let it go.
Hey, **** you buddy.

Spider
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I heard that the N on a cornhuskers helmet stands for nowledge .............

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
I went to the game where Callahan said they were the dumbest team in America:rofl:

The 2002 Raiders didn't have it easy even though Gruden left the team in good shape. They were 4-4 at the halfway point in serious danger of missing the postseason. Callahan deserves credit for getting them out of a rut after their bye week and leading them to a 9-1 record en route to Super Bowl XXXVII.

Callahan called the plays. That Raiders offense was a well oiled machine that year, which ranked second in the NFL. That was a better offensive showing than any of Gruden's offensive units. Rich Gannon enjoyed a MVP season.

He's not a failure.

The guy failed in the Big 12 what more do want?

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:51 PM
I heard that the N on a cornhuskers helmet stands for nowledge .............

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 08:51 PM
The guy failed in the Big 12 what more do want?

He sucked in college. I never argued that. He just wasn't a failure in Oakland.

uplink
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Ditka the ghost of football present
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 08:56 PM

He's not a failure.

Right, but he called all of Gruden's plays... that's the Gruden led Bucs dismantled that offense so easily in the SB... they couldn't even believe Oakland hadn't changed any of their audibles at least. Lynch could even call them out at the LOS

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
He sucked in college. I never argued that. He just wasn't a failure in Oakland.

In the two years before took over in Oakland they avg. 11.5 wins. the two years after he was fired they avg. 4.5. He avg. 7.5 wins. That is not a pretty graph.

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Right, but he called all of Gruden's plays... that's the Gruden led Bucs dismantled that offense so easily in the SB... they couldn't even believe Oakland hadn't changed any of their audibles at least. Lynch could even call them out at the LOS

That was bone headed on Callahan's part. I will give you that.

s0phr0syne
08-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Why aren't Popps and lex options in this poll?

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 09:04 PM
In the two years before took over in Oakland they avg. 11.5 wins. the two years after he was fired they avg. 4.5. He avg. 7.5 wins. That is not a pretty graph.

Except the 2000-01 teams didn't have this shiny piece of hardware to show for it.

http://baltimoreron.homestead.com/files/lamar_hunt.jpg

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Other: Josh McDaniels.

I trust this guy, and I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt for at least a year.

lex
08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Other: Josh McDaniels.

I trust this guy, and I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt for at least a year.

This is about the coach after Josh.

24champ
08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Tough choice between Kubes and Urban...went with Kubes because he has the NFL experience.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
That was bone headed on Callahan's part. I will give you that.

I'll never complain about a decision that publicly embarrasses the faid.

DenverBrit
08-31-2009, 09:09 PM

Nope. This is about you being a chronic whiner.

Once again..........

http://api.ning.com/files/3oa9yI0kQrpGiqau2Ykr2VgDBBwX1si6jPjcwBszs5Y_/StopWhining.jpeg

TDmvp
08-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Can I vote for myself ? ... as long as we are just letting any old person coach my favorite team.
I'm 34 and been around it all my life so there for i should Be GREAT ...
:thanku::thanku::thanku:

In a dream world tho Kyle or Gary ... But in a dream world Kyle would be my pick....

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Except the 2000-01 teams didn't have this shiny piece of hardware to show for it.

Are you a Nebraska fan?

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Are you still going to be flaming if the Broncos make the playoffs this year?

How bout if they go 9-7 - still an improvement over anything since the 2005 AFC Championship game.

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Are you a Nebraska fan?

I am not an alumnus of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln so the answer is no, I am not a fan.

I hated Callahan. The Huskers should have stuck with Frank Solich who was still winning 9-10 games a season.

You have to go back pre-Bob Devaney to Bill Jennings to find a worse Huskers head coach than Callahan.

MaloCS
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Bravo, Lex! Bravo!

I love the question because I'm looking forward to the day McFumundaCheese is canned and a real head coach is brought in. Hell, I hate the living **** out of the Raiders but at this point I'd be willing to take one of their hand me downs over this punk ass tool we have roaming the sidelines.

I'm wishing on a star but I would love to see Kubiak back in orange and blue.

Inkana7
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM

How bout if they go 9-7 - still an improvement over anything since the 2005 AFC Championship game.

"No, this team was gonna be awesome, they had a young nucleus that would have guaranteed 10 wins even if they played the last 16 super bowl winners"

Good, lex?

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 09:24 PM
I am not an alumnus of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln so the answer is no, I am not a fan.

I hated Callahan. The Huskers should have stuck with Frank Solich who was still winning 9-10 games a season.

You have to go back pre-Bob Devaney to Bill Jennings to find a worse Huskers head coach than Callahan.

I agree, Frank Solich is a better coach than Callahan.:thumbsup:

MaloCS
08-31-2009, 09:24 PM
http://videodetective.com/photos/815/034246_2.jpg

Big Tom Callahan

Is that for me dad, no son, that's for me.:wiggle:

LOL Too funny!

Swedish Extrovert
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Lol... I still think it's realistic that the Broncos could go anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 (I think they are good enough to be an 11-5 team, but tougher schedule... you never know).

Who knows, with a year in the system, health, and a little luck thy might be a Super Bowl contender in 2 years.

MaloCS
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM

Doesn't matter. The Broncos could go 19-0 and I would still want a change at the head coach position. This punk ass bitch we have now isn't worth the stains on Bucky's anatomically correct appendage.

watermock
08-31-2009, 09:31 PM
It's too late to ask, unfortunately.

It's like Joe Ellis went out and fell for easiest slut in the bar.

srphoenix
08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
I voted other for Josh McDaniels, dude hasnt even coached in a regular season game, and for once, the denver D has some pressure on the quarterback. In the words of Phil Jackson, give him some f***ing credit.

watermock
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Lol... I still think it's realistic that the Broncos could go anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 (I think they are good enough to be an 11-5 team, but tougher schedule... you never know).

Who knows, with a year in the system, health, and a little luck thy might be a Super Bowl contender in 2 years.

Wow. You WERE in the US miltary, right?

There is no such thing as luck in football. That's why it's so great. It's so much like war.

You make your own luck.

AlphaOmega
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM

Yea! What Jason said! :strong:

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
hell frozen?

Shanny will never work for Bowlen, again. Ever. He put on a friendly face in public and said he'd be a "friend for life" and all this horse****, but a guy like Mike has a very long memory.

Personally, Kubiak would be my first choice if he gets fired from Houston.

Bigdawg26
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Kyle Shanny... Keep it in the family!!!! Or maybe Herm Edwards or Tony D (would be ideal)

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Herm Edwards
How about NO.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Bravo, Lex! Bravo!

I love the question because I'm looking forward to the day McFumundaCheese is canned and a real head coach is brought in. Hell, I hate the living **** out of the Raiders but at this point I'd be willing to take one of their hand me downs over this punk ass tool we have roaming the sidelines.

I'm wishing on a star but I would love to see Kubiak back in orange and blue.

The last time we took one of their "hand me downs" we won two World Championships and set NFL records in yards, points, and rushing yards over a decade. :thumbsup:

NFLBRONCO
08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
I want Kisla as HC

Raidersbane
08-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Dammit........I still miss Shanny. I just can't help it.......I'd want him back.

lex
08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Dammit........I still miss Shanny. I just can't help it.......I'd want him back.

Wow, Im going to assume that Shanahan is basically the other option. He still looms large.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Are you a Nebraska fan?

Very much. ;D

broncocalijohn
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM

i hope u came to this conclusion before this lame poll. McDaniel hasnt coached one regular season game and this A$$ Clown has him out the door. Nice to see he acts like he knows something about football but is more propoganda and drama than intellectual discussion on football. But dont fret, Lex used to be a Faider fan a while back when he asked his friends the same question about Mike Shanahan.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Doesn't matter. The Broncos could go 19-0 and I would still want a change at the head coach position. This punk ass b**** we have now isn't worth the stains on Bucky's anatomically correct appendage.

i have no idea who you are but you are better as a silent troll. Those 57 posts have to be tough on your brain to comprehend a sentence and type it all at one time. Hey Lex! Here is one of your foot soldiers. Congrats!

lex
08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
i have no idea who you are but you are better as a silent troll. Those 57 posts have to be tough on your brain to comprehend a sentence and type it all at one time. Hey Lex! Here is one of your foot soldiers. Congrats!

Dude, the thread was clearly labelled, yet here you are calling others trolls. Oh the irony.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Again Callahan could recruit. I don't think his system was a very good system to run for college but he did bring talent to our team. His biggest thing was he couldn't get them to play to their ability. Frank could but he couldn't recruit to save his life. Frank would have ran the team down just like Cally, even more so because of that worthless AD that tried turning us into the Wisconsin Badgers. Turner Gill was the guy I wanted when Frank was fired and Callahan was fired. Anyways I still think Callahan will get another chance for a HC in the NFL. Did he get fired from the Jets?

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Again Callahan could recruit. I don't think his system was a very good system to run for college but he did bring talent to our team. His biggest thing was he couldn't get them to play to their ability. Frank could but he couldn't recruit to save his life. Frank would have ran the team down just like Cally, even more so because of that worthless AD that tried turning us into the Wisconsin Badgers. Turner Gill was the guy I wanted when Frank was fired and Callahan was fired. Anyways I still think Callahan will get another chance for a HC in the NFL. Did he get fired from the Jets?

This.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Dude, the thread was clearly labelled, yet here you are calling others trolls. Oh the irony.

yes, clearly labeled as in "McDaniels should be gone so who you want to replace him" is exactly what I got out of it. Another lame stab at the organization by you. You really want to defend your follower of the quote , "I dont care if we go 19-0, I want him out." How lame is that? Well, about as lame as this poll.

lex
08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
yes, clearly labeled as in "McDaniels should be gone so who you want to replace him" is exactly what I got out of it. Another lame stab at the organization by you. You really want to defend your follower of the quote , "I dont care if we go 19-0, I want him out." How lame is that? Well, about as lame as this poll.

I dont care what you got out of it. Run along now.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 10:43 PM
hell frozen?

I would vote for MARTY SHOTTINHEIEMRYOURASS.

that is an interesting thought with Marty. he knows how to build a team and make them really good, he just gets too conservative in the playoffs and that hinders his ability to win the big game.

truthfully in this hypothetical, Kubiak has always been a guy i thought would be great to bring back.

lex
09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow, its close between Shanahan (Other) and Kubes. BTW, I thought Carroll would get more votes.

jhns
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I voted Cowher. He is the only one on that list that I trust with the extra power we giv e head coaches. If we were to get an actual GM to do all of the GM work, I would also like Kubiak.

Dukes
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I've always been a fan of Herm Edwards, I'd like to see that. Oh and Rod Marinelli, he's a great coach.

WolfpackGuy
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Art Shell

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Buster says just quit being a bronco fan lex

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5024/bustersquatvariation1a.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Wow, its close between Shanahan (Other) and Kubes. BTW, I thought Carroll would get more votes.

why even vote for Carroll or Meyer, it is very unlikely either will ever coach in the NFL. both are college guys and will probably remain

Raidersbane
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM

The main reason I believe is the current Bronco offense appears to be a mere shadow of anything Shanahan ever put on the field even though our O line is as good or better than anything we've had since '99.

broncofan7
09-01-2009, 01:56 PM
KUBES. and if he doesn't win 10 games this year--he will be poop canned in Houston........Think about it--McDaniels was the first coach that Pat has hired who did not previously work for the Broncos organization as an assistant coach ala, Shanny & Wade---and what has happened since he did hire an outsider?

A .500 football team with the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL has lost it's 25 year old stud QB,
-our 1st and 2nd team Qb's are hurt
- our 1st round draft pick is injured
-our other 1st round draft pick doesn't start-
-our 2010 top 10 1st round CB draft pick got smoked by a 5th rounder that we sent to Chicago in the Cutler deal
-Marshall is acting like a moron
-we are 0-3 in the preseason with our 1st team O scoring 13 points in 6 qtrs

Perhaps we have angered the 'Gods of Mile High' with the incursion by the Great Patriot Hooded Hope--IF we win 2 games or less--McD is G-O-N-E.

broncofan7
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
I've always been a fan of Herm Edwards, I'd like to see that. Oh and Rod Marinelli, he's a great coach.

Rich Kotite didn't make your list?

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
What about Josh McDaniels ? he has potential.

broncofan7
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
What about Josh McDaniels ? he has potential.

What have you seen that leads you to believe this? is the the ZERO turnovers produced by our defense or the 13 points scored in 6 qtrs against vanilla pre-season defenses? OR the 0-3 record in the pre-season? If Carson Palmer plays in week 1 we lose by 10 or more........

lex
09-01-2009, 02:06 PM
why even vote for Carroll or Meyer, it is very unlikely either will ever coach in the NFL. both are college guys and will probably remain

Perhaps but theres a big enough california element, I thought he'd get more votes. I hear his name thrown around from time to time.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
What have you seen that leads you to believe this? is the the ZERO turnovers produced by our defense or the 13 points scored in 6 qtrs against vanilla pre-season defenses? OR the 0-3 record in the pre-season? If Carson Palmer plays in week 1 we lose by 10 or more........

I will write this next time (sarcasm)

Dukes
09-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Rich Kotite didn't make your list?

Na, Dennis Green was my third choice.

lex
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Does anyone else think that having Kubiak would also mean having Alex Gibbs back? Man, that would be sweet.

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM

Jesus Christ
He hasnt even coached a regular season game yet

No way you can be this dumb

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Where is the Lex is a trolling a-hole option?

lex
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Where is the Lex is a trolling a-hole option?

Who's trolling?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Other: lex.

He seems like he knows everything. That's probably pretty handy for a football coach.

it's DEFINITELY handy for a message board poster.

broncofan7
09-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Jesus Christ

No way I CAN BE THIS DUMB??? What the hell are you basing YOUR OPTIMISM off of? It sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN ON THE FIELD.

ScottXray
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, assuming it goes like that and Bowlen did fire McD we might as well bring Shanny back....with a GM . We're on hook for his salary anyway.

And when he trades away all our picks for ANOTHER "franchise QB" and things go back to hell on the defense again, we can start over AGAIN the next year.

Irish Stout
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I think this is terrible, but I voted Kubiak... always liked that guy.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Jesus Christ

Hes not dumb he just hasn't any patience alot of folks on here have no patience.

errand
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
What a stupid poll.

You and I don't see eye to eye alot....but this time we definitely do.

Pat Bowlen is where he is in life because he's got a good head on his shoulders and he also hires good people. Wade Phillips despite not ever winning a playoff game is a good football person...so was Mike, and McDaniels is too.

Pat isn't going to fire McDaniels after one season...if he was of that mindset he never would have hired Mike to begin with (8-12 as head coach prior to his being ours)...and he most certainly would have fired him after year one (8-8)

McDaniels will get at least 3-4 seasons to make us relevant on the gridiron again.

BTW, I didn't notice Lex's pick for our next head coach...

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Wheres the pete carroll love???

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
No way I CAN BE THIS DUMB??? What the hell are you basing YOUR OPTIMISM off of? It sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN ON THE FIELD.

We havent played a game where it counts yet
When Orton played and when Tom B played a couple nights ago they ran completely different offenses

Why do you think that is?
Its because the (ultimate)goal of preseason football is not to win the game
It looks like McDaniels is working on specific things, which can temper the results

I could be wrong, but I have seen this happen soooo many times in the preseason to know that getting bent out of shape one way or another is pointless

Seriously, just chill out
New scheme for both the offense and defense, its going to take a bit of time
This is why I am not jumping ship before a regular season game has started

lex
09-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Im kind of leaning towards Kubiak. It makes a lot of sense for a variety of reasons.

Cool Breeze
09-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Dan Reeves

broncofan7
09-01-2009, 04:46 PM

Pat Bowlen is where he is in life because he's got a good head on his shoulders and he also hires good people. Wade Phillips despite not ever winning a playoff game is a good football person...so was Mike, and McDaniels is too.

Pat isn't going to fire McDaniels after one season...if he was of that mindset he never would have hired Mike to begin with (8-12 as head coach prior to his being ours)...and he most certainly would have fired him after year one (8-8)

McDaniels will get at least 3-4 seasons to make us relevant on the gridiron again.

Why would Pat have fired Shanny after going 8-8 in 1995? We were 7-9 the year prior with Wade.......HE IMPROVED OUR RECORD.

rastaman
09-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Good one.

Steel, you really serious? Not that it isn't possible. After this year, Shanny will have two years left on his 7 million a year contract.

Unless Shanny can't get the deal he's looking for next year for a new coaching gig....I wouldn't never say never about Bowlen possible giving Mike a call and "Shanny I screwed up"! would you be willing to comeback as the Broncos head coach in 2011!!

Ugh....this is so freaking weird. STAY TUNED!:sunshine:

rastaman
09-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Dan Reeves

:rofl:

Dedhed
09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Seriously can we get a mod to do their F-ing job around here! The fact that this dolt can still start a thread makes this place a complete joke.

lex
09-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Seriously can we get a mod to do their F-ing job around here! The fact that this dolt can still start a thread makes this place a complete joke.

Who did you vote for?

rastaman
09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Wheres the pete carroll love???

Carroll is a College coach. I'd like to see the CU Buffs make a push to hire Pete Carroll. Maybe $15-20 million per year over 10 years would steal him away from USC. :strong:

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Who's trolling?

perhaps trolling is the wrong word, but you persistant negativity based on your own baseless hate ( WE HAVENT EVEN PLAYED A ****ING GAME YET) is very annoying and old. There's a reason people can't stand your BS on this board

rastaman
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Come on Dedhed.....we don't want the OM to become the Bronco Forum!:sunshine:

lex
09-01-2009, 05:17 PM
perhaps trolling is the wrong word, but you persistant negativity based on your own baseless hate ( WE HAVENT EVEN PLAYED A ****ING GAME YET) is very annoying and old. There's a reason people can't stand your BS on this board

Well, youre the one that came in here seeking confrontation.

Baseless hate? You know not of what you speak. Also, I know there are some that become enraged at anything thats not about puppy dogs and McDaniels scented flowers. You have some talking about a blissful 4-12 season after all.

broncofan7
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
well, youre the one that came in here seeking confrontation.

Baseless hate? You know not of what you speak. Also, i know there are some that become enraged at anything thats not about puppy dogs and mcdaniels scented flowers. You have some talking about a blissful 4-12 season after all.

3-13.

Dedhed
09-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Come on Dedhed.....we don't want the OM to become the Bronco Forum!:sunshine:

Wow, an emoticon from rasta; original.

listopencil
09-01-2009, 05:38 PM
It's a toss up between Gruden and Cowher for me. I went ahead and picked Gruden but I really would pick either.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, youre the one that came in here seeking confrontation.

Baseless hate? You know not of what you speak. Also, I know there are some that become enraged at anything thats not about puppy dogs and McDaniels scented flowers. You have some talking about a blissful 4-12 season after all.

This ENTIRE POLL is seeking confrontation. Pretty much all your posts seek confrontation, i love this innocent act you have. And yes, your hate for mcdaniels coaching started before training camp...so yes, its baseless. If the Broncos are complete **** and show zero improvement come week 9, bitch all the **** you want. right now, youre just being a schmuck

Durango
09-01-2009, 05:56 PM

No, he won't, but he won't be fired after one miserable year either. Bowlen has his eye on 2011 and a possible lock-out. McDaniels has a two-year try-out, in my opinion anyway. The contract terms seem too coincidental.

If he puts two 4-5, even 6 win seasons together in tandem, he's gone, and with the likelihood of a lock-out, Bowlen will have some time latitude in searching out a new coach and staff.

lex
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
This ENTIRE POLL is seeking confrontation.
The thread was clearly labeled. You didnt have to access it. You dont have a leg to stand on.

Pretty much all your posts seek confrontation, i love this innocent act you have. And yes, your hate for mcdaniels coaching started before training camp...so yes, its baseless.
I dont think you know what baseless means. Ive stated the various aversions I have. Its not baseless. Also, hate is your word and Ive expressed some optimism.

If the Broncos are complete **** and show zero improvement come week 9, b**** all the **** you want. right now, youre just being a schmuck

Listen to yourself. Youve accessed a clearly labeled thread to throw a fit and now youre trying to dictate when its ok to complain. I dont think it works that way.

responses above

Dukes
09-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Lex is like Wolf (pre Shanny firing), Telluride (a few years ago), bob, and Casino all rolled into one.

Hulamau
09-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Its not likely given Pats situation but lets say it doesn go well this year and it blows up in Bowlens face so he fires McDaniels. ( Fixed it) What would you like to see then?

Poll to follow

Your head on a stick ... or better yet a lifetime ban on Lex starting stupid ass polls :flower:

Zoobie
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.dreamagic.com/roger/mightyD.gif

Swedish Extrovert
09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow. You WERE in the US miltary, right?

There is no such thing as luck in football. That's why it's so great. It's so much like war.

You make your own luck.

There's tons of luck in both football and war.

lex
09-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Your head on a stick ... or better yet a lifetime ban on Lex starting stupid ass polls :flower:

Wow, youre tough.

Yawn.