PDA

View Full Version : whats the minimum you would trade bmarsh for?

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
considering teh team makes a move with another receiver like matt jones. what draft picks? 2nd and 5th? 1st or bust?

KillerBronco#76
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
at the very least a hand job

spdirty
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Anquan Boldin and Darnell Dockett. Or Orton Marshall and a first for Matt Ryan. Or Orton Marshall and a first for Jay Cutler.

Hell with draft picks this dipshlt will just trade em to New England for a guy they are about to cut.

Inkana7
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
8 first round picks.

WABronco
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Straight cash. Like 2 bags of money.

broncosteven
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
One blue Unicorn with orange mane and an orange Unicorn with blue mane to add to UnicornHappyLand

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
gottabe what other number 1 wr got traded for in the past. IMO that mean a 1st and a 4th minimum. The 4th because thats were we picked him, the first because he's a true number 1 wr.

With Marshall only heading for RFA we can make sure we get that first rounder, or he plays for no one but us until 2011.

By then who cares really we will have had time to find another WR to pair with royal, and avoided helping any other team in the league by giving up Marshall cheap.

Also it sends a message to the players that Cutler was a one time situation and other players will not get out of contracts as easily.

Then I think it would be a good time to take care of the hard working, high character guys on the team and also show we take care of our own.

This new regime in Denver has a lot to learn, but I think they are pretty smart. I like the moves in FA, they seemed pratical, the draft well who knows yet.

But I also like Mcdaniels play calling, I thinks its sneaky cool.

orinjkrush
08-31-2009, 08:11 PM
first and a third...errr fourth....errr filfth. no spelling error.

lex
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
considering teh team makes a move with another receiver like matt jones. what draft picks? 2nd and 5th? 1st or bust?

If they dump Marshall to bring in Matt Jones, that would be both hilarious and sad.

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 08:14 PM
If they dump Marshall to bring in Matt Jones, that would be both hilarious and sad.

if they can get a first, 4th and matt jones, i think theyve done alright.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
But I also like Mcdaniels play calling, I thinks its sneaky cool.

Seriously?

Broncoman13
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM

Matt Jones? Matt Jones makes Brandon Marshall seem like a good citizen.

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
I say no trade. Period. Yah, it could cost us in the end, but if we're trying to make a point then we should make the point all the way.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 08:21 PM

aguars' Jones Faces Cocaine Charges In Ark.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) ―

[Click to zoom.] Click to enlarge
1 of 1
Matt Jones, of the Jacksonville Jaguars. (File)

Sam Greenwood/Getty Images

Close

numSlides of totalImages
Related Stories

* Jaguars Owner Sets Record Straight On Team's Sale
(7/10/2008)

Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones faces a felony drug charge in his former college town after police say officers found him cutting up cocaine with a credit card Thursday morning.

The 25-year-old Jones and two other former Arkansas football players were inside a Toyota SUV in Fayetteville just after 12:40 a.m. Thursday when officers approached. Officers saw a card covered in a white powder in Jones' lap as he used a credit card to scrape it, a police report said.

Officers opened the door and ordered Jones to put his hands in the air. According to the report, Jones kept his left hand out of view, forcing at least one officer to draw his handgun.

Jones, 25-year-old Jared Hicks and 26-year-old Benjamin Cook were arrested. Officers say they searched the vehicle and found a plastic bag filled with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine and a jar with possible marijuana residue.

Officers questioned Jones and he acknowledged the white powder was cocaine, the report said.

The team was waiting to learn details of the case before commenting.

"We're trying to investigate that now," Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver said of Jones' arrest. "We don't have all the facts. We will comment on that once we have all the facts."

Jones was being held Thursday at the Washington County jail on a charge of felony possession of a controlled substance.

Officers say Hicks had a small plastic straw coated with suspected cocaine behind his ear. Both Cook and Hicks face misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia. Neither was in jail Thursday morning, officials said.

Jones was a star quarterback at Arkansas, throwing for 5,857 yards and running for 2,535. He was a first-round draft pick in 2005, and the Jaguars made him a wide receiver.

Jones caught 77 passes for 1,075 yards and nine touchdowns in his first two pro seasons, but struggled in 2007. Early last season, Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio publicly questioned Jones' on-field demeanor, indicating that he was taking plays off and pouting when he didn't get the ball.

( 2009 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aq344ks1ieg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aq344ks1ieg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Hell it would be cool to hear this every time he scored.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Four way trade where Denver receives Pat Willis, Kelly Gregg and Demarcus Ware.

Anything less is silly :)

orinjkrush
08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
somebody seriously needs to put these idiot's money in a trust fund that they can't touch till they're 50. maybe then they would "GROW THE **** UP".

Chris
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
3, make that 4 bags of cocaine.

WABronco
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_thread.jpg

broncosteven
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM

At least he doesn't beat the crack whores when scoring his bag of blow.

Ambiguous
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM

You are right but nothing would surprise me, even more sad. Actually the only thing that would surprise is a winning season. Puke.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
You'll never get enough.

TheDave
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
We can't trade him anymore... With Gafney out we need him more now than ever.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Why would you want Jones over Marshall tsi?

brncobrett
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM

Yea that guy has some serious baggage..

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Why would you want Jones over Marshall tsi?

i dont at all, marshall has easily been my favorite player over the last 2 years. but it seems like the broncos are quietly taking bids for marshall, if they get something they cant turn down they will take it. that leaves us needed another WR, and someone like matt jones isnt horrible, very big, is a FA now and has atleast been out of the law for a few months.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
i dont at all, marshall has easily been my favorite player over the last 2 years. but it seems like the broncos are quietly taking bids for marshall, if they get something they cant turn down they will take it. that leaves us needed another WR, and someone like matt jones isnt horrible, very big, is a FA now and has atleast been out of the law for a few months.

There are more then a handful of NFL teams that can use a WR and yet none have signed Matt Jones. He is a huge down grade from what we have now. If its all the same I would rather not down grade every time a player wants a new contract.

uplink
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Marshall won't be playing but will reprise Andy Kaufman's old gig of traveling around the country wrestling women.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY3oRVzjSIg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0t5W62qNwQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0t5W62qNwQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

WABronco
08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
^LoL!

Br0nc0Buster
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
1st and a 4th

Since no team is likely gonna pony up, I would tell Marshall to STFU and play or get find a comfortable spot on the bench

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Considering he's worth a 1st and 3rd next year in restricted free agency.... that's the minimum I would trade him for. It's a fire sale as far as replacing talent for talent... but it wouldn't be uncharted territory. I'm totally satisfied with Ayers, Smith, and Orton for Cutler. It's like getting three Yugos for a Corvette.

Hamrob
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
A 1st rounder at a minimum. Hopefully a top 15 pick. BMarsh is a beast when he wants to play, but, he's a big headache at the same time.

I would have been willing to put up with the QB's crap...not a WR!

Less than a 1st rounder would be stupid....pure ego if that happens.

Spider
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
12 pack of Bud light and a pack of camels

Hamrob
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Considering he's worth a 1st and 3rd next year in restricted free agency.... that's the minimum I would trade him for. It's a fire sale as far as replacing talent for talent... but it wouldn't be uncharted territory. I'm totally satisfied with Ayers, Smith, and Orton for Cutler. It's like getting three Yugos for a Corvette.Brilliant, let's take a bunch of bums for a Superstar QB.

Orton will never be worth a turd. Learn it now. Ayers/Smith will be average players at best.

Elway777
08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
I would take a second and a 4 or 5 round. I just want him off the team. Marshall is dead to me. I know is worth a first but no way will someone give us a first for Marshall.

Lolad
08-31-2009, 10:38 PM

you've got to be kidding right? Tell me you aren't remotely serious.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 11:48 PM

he just does coke, i don't recall news about him choking out or slapping up his woman.

maher_tyler
09-01-2009, 03:37 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_thread.jpg

:rofl:

Dr. Broncenstein
09-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Brilliant, let's take a bunch of bums for a Superstar QB.

Orton will never be worth a turd. Learn it now. Ayers/Smith will be average players at best.

The sarcasm. It eludes one of us.

Vegas_Bronco
09-01-2009, 05:51 AM
The idea that we are even discussing this shows me what a bunch of F-UPS we have in the front office. Pat, you need to **** or get off the pot with his contract. He worked his azz off for 2 seasons, so give him something to hope for in the future...sit his azz down in a chair and TELL HIM you want him back and will pay accordingly OR tell him that you have NO intentions of resigning him and he's either going to have to hold out or find a trade acceptable to OUR DEMANDS. There's no two way street when your in charge - you give people clear and direct options. I'm beginning to really hate this new 'Pat's in charge' Bull****.

WolfpackGuy
09-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Pat will trade him for half a bottle of spray tan.
Straight up.

errand
09-01-2009, 06:14 AM

Why would anyone sign Matt Jones....if you're looking for a head case WR, you might as well keep Marshall.

cousinal11
09-01-2009, 06:43 AM
No way we should trade him right now.

We need him and we're not going to get close to full value.

And don't tell me about a distraction. A distraction from what? Us getting our arse kicked?