PDA

View Full Version : QB situation

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
So in all honesty people, if orton cannot go against cinci, who in the hell is going to start. tom b looks like a pop warner qb (deer in headlights). ingle martin for God's sakes is terrible. even the chiefs got rid of him. the true answer is Vinny Testaverde :~ohyah!:

update:
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that Kyle Orton's lacerated finger is unlikely to keep him out of Week 1.
The finger isn't broken and should heal quickly with scabbing. Denver is lucky because backup Chris Simms (high ankle sprain) remains out indefinitely.

oubronco
08-31-2009, 05:29 PM

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
your college qb is ten times better than anyone we have in denver ou

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=24783&stc=1&d=1251761370
is not ready....

yet.

meangene
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Schafter said he has a strained and, possibly, partially torn tendon in the finger. Still thinks he will probably be ok to start but a tough injury to play with.

Chris
08-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Which passes does this affect him most with? Short? Long? Everything?

Looking for some insight.

Lev Vyvanse
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM

Lets hope its long. We don’t throw those routes anymore.

TheDave
08-31-2009, 05:46 PM

All forward passes will be affected... ;D

Popps
08-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Dude, you guys are forgetting his ability to throw with his left hand....

HELLOOOOOO!!!!

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Was there really ever any doubt?

http://jakeplummerisjesus.ytmnd.com/

PRBronco
08-31-2009, 06:07 PM
The finger isn't broken and should heal quickly with scabbing.

Omgomg ewwwwwww.

missingnumber7
08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
So in all honesty people, if orton cannot go against cinci, who in the hell is going to start. tom b looks like a pop warner qb (deer in headlights). ingle martin for God's sakes is terrible. even the chiefs got rid of him. the true answer is Vinny Testaverde :~ohyah!:

update:
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that Kyle Orton's lacerated finger is unlikely to keep him out of Week 1.
The finger isn't broken and should heal quickly with scabbing. Denver is lucky because backup Chris Simms (high ankle sprain) remains out indefinitely.

I think Jeff George is available.

USMCBladerunner
08-31-2009, 06:50 PM
probably josh mcown

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Start 'Leatherhead' Larsen. I believe he played that position in High School....

BroncoBuff
08-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Hmmmm, let's see .... who was that quarterback who had a borderline spectacular game against the 49ers?

Name slips my mind, but we should start him in the opener.

Punisher
08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
broncos:
5th round pick
For
Panthers:
Matt Moore QB

ward63
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
broncos:
5th round pick
For
Panthers:
Matt Moore QB

Why waste another pick for a back up qb? Do you expect him to start the next few weeks? If not, then why waste a pick when both Kyle and Chris will be back?

missingnumber7
08-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Hmmmm, let's see .... who was that quarterback who had a borderline spectacular game against the 49ers?

Yea but Alex Smith can only play for one team at a time.

Punisher
08-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Why waste another pick for a back up qb? Do you expect him to start the next few weeks? If not, then why waste a pick when both Kyle and Chris will be back?

Matt Moore could be a top 20 QB in the NFL given the system hes in,he has the arm and accuracy to be top 20 too. I say he'll be the Panthers starter at week 8 if Jake .D does poorly.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Matt Moore could be a top 20 QB in the NFL given the system hes in,he has the arm and accuracy to be top 20 too. I say he'll be the Panthers starter at week 8 if Jake .D does poorly.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/theateam911/look_2-1.gif

Punisher
08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
LMAO! Everyone laughed at me when i said Brandon Marshall was going to be the next T.O.

They all laugh but I'll have the last laugh again.

(Note i'm typeing without useing any brain power so don't put everything i write on the record)

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Sign Kevin O'Connell and pray for the best.

orinjkrush
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
This year is a throw-a-away. Book it Danno.

cmhargrove
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
broncos:
5th round pick
For
Panthers:
Matt Moore QB

We already traded our fifth round pick...

brncobrett
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I'd be nice to get our hands on Leinart from AZ...

atomicbloke
08-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Derek Anderson > Kyle Orton

missingnumber7
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Sign Kevin O'Connell and pray for the best.

I read Neil O'Donnel

Bigdawg26
08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
lol to funny!!!!

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
I read Neil O'Donnel

Rosie O'Donnell?

missingnumber7
08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok...so what do we have that people might want...Draft Picks and a WR, who has QB's that we might be interested in...

Cleveland Quinn/Anderson-would either be an upgrade? They won't want Marshall because of their WR situation.
SF Smith-again is this an upgrade, and a definate no to marshall there.
MN-pick 1, but once again they don't want marshall
Ari definate upgrade, but they don't need or want brandon there.
Det wouldn't be a bad idea, dante no, but with 2 young QB's who were drafted in recent years maybe, and they wouldn't cringe at a proven WR.
Philly-Honestly the reason I think they signed Vick was to used him as trade bait later...do they want bmarsh? or anything else we have...probably not.

Did I miss any where there is a quality backup?

Elway777
08-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Marshall to New york for David Carr plus a 2010 second round pick.

Bronco Yoda
09-01-2009, 01:11 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/08/31/orton-recovering-from-painful-dislocation/

NFL sources said that while Kyle Orton’s injured finger was not fractured, the Broncos quarterback suffered an open dislocation (meaning it penetrated the skin) of the right knuckle.
That would explain the blood dripping from Orton’s finger and the excruciating pain the quarterback endured as the dislocation was popped back into place by trainer Steve “Greek’’ Antonopulos.
Orton suffered the injury when on the follow-through of his second-quarter pass, his right hand collided with the left hand of Chicago Bears defensive end Adewale Ogunleye.
“”I think maybe it was one of those things where his hand got caught bad as he was throwing it when I hit him,’’ Ogunleye said after the game. “”I hope he is OK. I pray he is OK.’’
In football time, a dislocation is not as serious as a fracture so while Orton will not play Thursday in the Broncos’ final preseason game against Arizona, he has not been ruled out for the regular-season opener, Sept. 13 at Cincinnati. Orton’s biggest problem might be the stitches he needed to close the wound.
“”I will be ready to go,’’ Orton said following the game Sunday night while trying to hide his heavily bandaged, but not casted, right finger. “”I am going to work as hard as I can. I don’t know how long I’ll be out but mentally I will be ready to go and I think physically I will be, too.’’

watermock
09-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Oh man.

Beavis has screwed himself again.

We're trying to trade during cutdown week.

The circus never ends at Dove Valley.

watermock
09-01-2009, 01:30 AM
We might need to trade to Minn...Harvin hasn't done crap.

We might get a second, evidently, Bowlen doesn't even want firsts anyway.

BroncoMan4ever
09-01-2009, 02:28 AM
i will not be shocked one bit if Kevin O'Connell is our week 1 starter.

he knows the system, is familiar with McDaniels and won't have a big learning curve, just needs to get familiar with his teammates.

Vegas_Bronco
09-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Bradlee Van Pelt....that's the next call.

Vegas_Bronco
09-01-2009, 02:59 AM
This get it's own thread yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/i/mag/reilly/t_tooshort.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish
LAST UPDATED 08.28.09

<image1><image2> The Denver Broncos' Pat Bowlen used to be one of the cleverest owners in sports. But now he's being undercut by an insidious opponent -- himself.
Bowlen, 65, admitted recently that he has "short-term memory loss." There are whole parts of the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons he says he can't recall.
Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.
But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back.
"Jay called him twice," said one source. "It's unbelievable it came to this."
Is it possible Bowlen forgot?
People close to the team are starting to wonder how much the memory loss is affecting Bowlen's decision making. Disgrunted wide receiver Brandon Marshall says Bowlen promised him in June that he'd trade him. Yet Marshall remains untraded and unhappy.
They're also noticing that more and more of the final decisions have come down to Chief Operating Officer Joe Ellis, a cousin of George W. Bush, who is not a football guy and definitely not a Cutler fan. If you recall, Ellis alone made the trip out to Boston to have a second conversation with the Broncos' highly suspect new 33-year-old head coach, Josh McDaniels.
And how's this for weird: Bowlen admitted in May that he still hadn't spoken to the coach he fired, Mike Shanahan. Those two used to be the best of friends. Not even a phone call? Is Bowlen sure?
These and other curious goings-on have left the team with slim hopes and two Salvation Army QBs -- Kyle Orton and Chris Simms. Letting Cutler go will cost the franchise for years to come. This season, the general Las Vegas over/under on Broncos wins is seven. They'll be lucky to get six.
Making a lot of Denver fans will wish they could forget, too.
</image2></image1>

Gort
09-01-2009, 07:49 AM
This get it's own thread yet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/i/mag/reilly/t_tooshort.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish
LAST UPDATED 08.28.09

<image1><image2> The Denver Broncos' Pat Bowlen used to be one of the cleverest owners in sports. But now he's being undercut by an insidious opponent -- himself.
Bowlen, 65, admitted recently that he has "short-term memory loss." There are whole parts of the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons he says he can't recall.
Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.
But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back.
"Jay called him twice," said one source. "It's unbelievable it came to this."
Is it possible Bowlen forgot?
People close to the team are starting to wonder how much the memory loss is affecting Bowlen's decision making. Disgrunted wide receiver Brandon Marshall says Bowlen promised him in June that he'd trade him. Yet Marshall remains untraded and unhappy.
They're also noticing that more and more of the final decisions have come down to Chief Operating Officer Joe Ellis, a cousin of George W. Bush, who is not a football guy and definitely not a Cutler fan. If you recall, Ellis alone made the trip out to Boston to have a second conversation with the Broncos' highly suspect new 33-year-old head coach, Josh McDaniels.
And how's this for weird: Bowlen admitted in May that he still hadn't spoken to the coach he fired, Mike Shanahan. Those two used to be the best of friends. Not even a phone call? Is Bowlen sure?
These and other curious goings-on have left the team with slim hopes and two Salvation Army QBs -- Kyle Orton and Chris Simms. Letting Cutler go will cost the franchise for years to come. This season, the general Las Vegas over/under on Broncos wins is seven. They'll be lucky to get six.
Making a lot of Denver fans will wish they could forget, too.
</image2></image1>

let me summarize this.

- Bowlen is senile
- everything is George Bush's fault
- the Broncos are going to suck this year

is that it? did i get the the main points?

my analysis follows.

what a ****ing stupid article. that writer can **** himself six ways from sunday. he's probably spent all week whacking it to pictures of Ted Kennedy, hence the non sequitur to Bush. everything else is typical ESPN anti-Broncos bull****.

DrFate
09-01-2009, 08:22 AM

You realize that 'top 20' also means 'below average', right? Since there are 32 starting players at the position, if this guy is 19 or 20.

ward63
09-16-2009, 03:17 PM
broncos:
5th round pick
For
Panthers:
Matt Moore QB

I'm glad to see that Carolina has faith in Moore led to the signing of AJ

Punisher
09-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm glad to see that Carolina has faith in Moore led to the signing of AJ

I know i was shock Matt Moore is really a gem in the NFL, Its a shame the panthers won't give him a chance. ::)

colonelbeef
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Omgomg ewwwwwww.

you have the best avatar of all time

colonelbeef
09-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I'd be nice to get our hands on Leinart from AZ...

Please stop. I just puked all over my keyboard.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh man.

Beavis has screwed himself again.

We're trying to trade during cutdown week.

The circus never ends at Dove Valley.

Awwww, how cute. Him is trying to be smart. But him is so stupid! Yes him is! yessss him issssssssss!

errand
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM

Yes, because the Bengals will obviously start all of SF's scrubs.:kiddingme

errand
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I know i was shock Matt Moore is really a gem in the NFL, Its a shame the panthers won't give him a chance. ::)

Especially since Delhomme has like 12 turnovers in his last two games.