PDA

View Full Version : hillis

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
mile high salute baby! correl and lamont suck. hope hes the day 1 starter, putting him in to block is so ridiculous, larsen had an AWESOME block for hillis (i think) at the goal line to pound it in yesterday, why not run that setup more often?

listopencil
08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Stop complaining, Tsiguy96. I'm sick of you questioning Josh McDaniels and the coaching staff. They are going to put the best player on the field at all times. How dare you think you can make better decisions than the guys who are paid to do it. Let's see your NFL coaching credentials. What? Yeah, I though so. What a freaking retard. You need to find a different Bronco board to post on with all your negativity and your questioning of the organization. Or maybe you just need a different team to root for while us true fans appreciate what Bowlen and McD are doing?

broncswin
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
LOL...I love Hillis, that guy is a hard nose SOB. When he threw out the salute, you could tell he was saying give me the rock coach. We need about 50 of these guys, maybe he should go talk to bmarsh(and by talk I mean knock the shiat outta him until he gets it!!).

ZONA
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm actually liking how they are using him. Once Moreno comes back, those runs with Buckhalter will go to Moreno and things are really gonna come alive in the running game.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm curious. Where are all the folks that were against him returning kicks now? He looked pretty damn good during that 42 yard return in particular.

darthbronco
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
My favorite player. Guy is a beast.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't see how Hillis looked better then Buckhalter. Both looked pretty much equal. You can say well if you take out Bucks 21 yard run he didn't do that great but samething with Hillis in his 17 yard run.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm curious. Where are all the folks that were against him returning kicks now? He looked pretty damn good during that 42 yard return in particular.

i have been thinking since last year when i first found out he did return duties in college that he should be given a shot as a return man.

too many coaches are hung up on the fastest guys on the team being a return man, i'll take a guy with good vision and strength handling return duties

LittleFloyd
08-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Write this down, Lamont Jordan is history. Hillis is the short yardage/goal line back.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't see how Hillis looked better then Buckhalter. Both looked pretty much equal. You can say well if you take out Bucks 21 yard run he didn't do that great but samething with Hillis in his 17 yard run.

4 real? You don't think Hillis has showed he is a better RB then Buckhalter? Try these. They might help.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KbEudsGcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

WolfpackGuy
08-31-2009, 02:46 PM
With rag arm Orton constantly drawing the 8th man up and "The Coach's" insistence on trying to blow people off the ball with the wrong type of linemen, it doesn't really matter who they put back there.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
4 real? You don't think Hillis has showed he is a better RB then Buckhalter? Try these. They might help.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KbEudsGcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

one back had a 4.3 ypca and one had a 3.4 ypca.

Smiling Assassin27
08-31-2009, 03:01 PM
mile high salute baby! correl and lamont suck. hope hes the day 1 starter, putting him in to block is so ridiculous, larsen had an AWESOME block for hillis (i think) at the goal line to pound it in yesterday, why not run that setup more often?

just like willie and waylon and the boys...

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Stop complaining, Tsiguy96. I'm sick of you questioning Josh McDaniels and the coaching staff. They are going to put the best player on the field at all times. How dare you think you can make better decisions than the guys who are paid to do it. Let's see your NFL coaching credentials. What? Yeah, I though so. What a freaking retard. You need to find a different Bronco board to post on with all your negativity and your questioning of the organization. Or maybe you just need a different team to root for while us true fans appreciate what Bowlen and McD are doing?

no idiot, like i said all offseason wait til the ****ing games happen before you b****. now that we have an idea (or maybe we dont and the real offense looks totally diff) of how the team works, its time to display frustration in the fact that the best RB currently healthy is not getting hte carries.

same thing last year with shanny not taking out nate webster for larsen or woodyard.

MileHighMagic
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Serious question: If Peyton Hillis was black, would he be our starter?

lex
08-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Serious question: If Peyton Hillis was black, would he be our starter?

Or what about Mulatto or Mestizo?

ZONA
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM

Well this is the first game that Buckhalter even looked like he could move. But if you want to throw out stats for one game, sure. But I'm going off of all 3 games so far and Hillis has proved he's better.

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM

one back had a 20 some yard run. the other had a few attempts at the goal line.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Better question: if he'd played tailback in college, would he be a starting tailback now, regardless of the color of his skin?

Probably.

I think that has a helluva lot more to do with it than someone "keepin' the white man down."

ward63
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM

Hillis did score our first td on what? A 2 yd run after losing a yard?

MileHighMagic
08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Better question: if he'd played tailback in college, would he be a starting tailback now, regardless of the color of his skin?

Probably.

I think that has a helluva lot more to do with it than someone "keepin' the white man down."

You obviously didn't see many Arkansas games. Even with Jones & McFadden, he got a lot of touches. He doesn't have to be a tailback to be a badass and worthy of the starting job while KnowMo is out.

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Hillis is a stud! The problem with Hillis is he's so versatile. He's much more than a starting RB. He's a RB,FB,TE, blocking machine with a soldiers attitude.

That's the kind of problem we need more of :)

Popps
08-31-2009, 04:03 PM

Agree...

Like I posted earlier, one of my complaints with McD thus far is that we seem to be under-utilizing Hills as a ball-carrier. In the Seattle game, we DID have him in as a runner in the 2nd series.

Obviously, Moreno is going to likely be the guy when he returns, but I just think that Josh, like Shanny is making it all to complicated with Hillis. Yes, he's an athlete. Yes, he can do lots of things... but none of them as well as just pounding the rock on 1st and 2nd down, imo.

We'll see what happens. The cream tends to rise to the top in these situations, and if Shanny and Josh didn't make him the starter... there may be things we're not seeing, as fans.

Still love the guy and was stoked to see him score/salute the fans.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 04:24 PM

one back got stopped on 3rd and one.

listopencil
08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
wait til the ****ing games happen before you b****.

Guess what fuqtard?

THE GAMES HAVEN"T STARTED YET.

Good Lord, you are a miserable little douchebag.

By the way- I'm still waiting for that list of yours. Or are you just going to run away with your tail between your legs again?

WABronco
08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Nothing wrong with having a swiss army knife who can do many things well. You don't just have to run him 20-25 times a game for him to be useful.

And no, Buckhalter, Jordan, and Moreno will be more than enough at RB.

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Guess what fuqtard?

THE GAMES HAVEN"T STARTED YET.

Good Lord, you are a miserable little douchebag.

By the way- I'm still waiting for that list of yours. Or are you just going to run away with your tail between your legs again?

hey guess what preseason is for? practice, you dont go into preseason doing **** 100% different then youre gonna do in games. and ive answered that stupid ****ing question TWICE dickhead, try looking. what kind of queer follows someone around a message board asking what changes the new head coach has made, as if its not blatantly obvious.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
hey guess what preseason is for? practice, you dont go into preseason doing **** 100% different then youre gonna do in games. and ive answered that stupid ****ing question TWICE dickhead, try looking. what kind of queer follows someone around a message board asking what changes the new head coach has made, as if its not blatantly obvious.

Maybe we should practice some down field throws. You know to see if we can do them in real games.

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe we should practice some down field throws. You know to see if we can do them in real games.

i agree ;)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
You obviously didn't see many Arkansas games. Even with Jones & McFadden, he got a lot of touches. He doesn't have to be a tailback to be a badass and worthy of the starting job while KnowMo is out.

yes, and where did he get those touches?

Oh right. As a fullback. Which is what he was drafted as.

Does he have a lot of talent? No question. He's a very special player. His not starting at HB has less to do with him being white than a lot of people around here want to believe.

TotallyScrewed
08-31-2009, 06:02 PM

I'll give you that was funny but don't push it.

Hillis is a monster. I sincerely hope he's the starter.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I'll give you that was funny but don't push it.

Hillis is a monster. I sincerely hope he's the starter.

Why does it matter where he starts? As long as he's on the field, he's dangerous and must be accounted for. He's one of those guys that just should not leave the field when we're on offense. Ever.

Anaximines
12-19-2009, 08:40 PM
bump!!!

ant1999e
12-19-2009, 09:36 PM
For god sake why?

tsiguy96
12-19-2009, 09:59 PM
listopencil wanted the broncos to fail so badly, where has he been since we started winning anyway?