PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on twitter

titan
08-31-2009, 12:28 PM
From SI's Peter King this morning on twitter:

Just off the phone with Josh McDaniels for Monday Morning QB. For 33, he sounded 53. Not down. He'll need that stiff upper lip in '09.

McDaniels: "I don't feel sorry for myself. No one here feels sorry for themselves. And Kyle Orton is going to be a good player here.''

McDaniels calls Orton "one tough son of a bitch''

===========

Sounds like McDaniels is going to sink or swim with Orton. A wrong qb choice has been the end of bronco coaches in the past (Lou Saban with Steve Tensi, John Ralston with Steve Ramsey, Red Miller with Matt Robinson). I sure hope Orton is showing more in practice than what I've seen so far in games.

Smiling Assassin27
08-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Orton's going against a marginal defense in practice, of course he looks better there than in real games.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 12:50 PM
:spit:

I can certainly see where "Peter King's MMQB - some great McDaniels quotes" would make for a misleading thread title.

Orange_Beard
08-31-2009, 02:52 PM
McDaniels calls Orton "one tough son of a b****''

I remember Shanny saying how tough Griese was after that Raider game when his shoulder was seperated.

The more I see Orton play, the more I re-live the Griese experiment...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
I remember Shanny saying how tough Griese was after that Raider game when his shoulder was seperated.

The more I see Orton play, the more I re-live the Griese experiment...

wait a sec. there's 1 big difference. greise actually came back in that game and lead us to a (wait for it).....win. right now i'd take greise (pre surgery) over orton any day of the week. that guy was the king of "small ball".