PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen and 20/20 Hindsight

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Okay folks, its a foregone conclusion that the decisions made by Pat Bowlen during the 2009 off season cannot be reversed. However, now that we've had a chance to digest what has taken since Denver's 52 point blow out at the hands of the Chargers. Lets see how the 2009 off season could-should have been handled by Bowlen.

Bowlen as the Owner he could have called a meeting btwn Shanny and himself (hell, included Slowick as well). Here's how the conversation/meeting could have or should have gone.

Bowlen: Mike - Slowick thanks for meeting with me today. "Boy what a roller coaster season", and we really laid an egg during the last 3 weeks of the season.

But Mike, I gotta be up front with you, we must make some changes. Effective immediately I have decided to demote Slowick and relieve you of your GM and DC duties. I want the Goodman's to play a larger role and make the decisions on scouting and drafting personnel.

Mike, I want you to get back to what you do best and thats Coaching the offensive side of the ball. Something wasn't clicking with how our defense was deployed and how the D ultimately performed on the field.

I will commission a search team to go out and find a DC at the college level or at the NFL level to rebuild our defense Our Defense needs an identity and a system something on the plan like the Steelers. I have decided to give the DC that I hire a 6-10 year window to turn our Defense around and with the goal of fielding a top 10 defense every year in the NFL.

Mike, I want you to have an important influence and say on personnel matters and in the draft for defensive players, but I want the GM who I hire to have final say and take the ultimate responsibility for the defensive players we draft. When it comes to assembling offensives schemes, coaching and drafting offensive talent you are one of the best Mike and still want you to have full authority in this area.

Mr. Slowick, I'd like to keep you on in a assist. capacity so as to allow you to learn how to become a successful DC someday.....but right now you're not ready yet to be a DC.

Mike, I know this is quite a shake up and I'm taking away two important responsibilities from you....but I feel its in the best interest of this Franchise. Believe me when I say I can't thank you enough for our two SB victories and keeping this Franchise competitive and winning for the last 14 years.

Mike I want you to retire as the Denver Broncos HC. And to show my appreciation and for the continuity of this Franchise and the team, I want to tear up your current contract and sign you to a 10 year deal.

If you don't agree to the new direction and shakeup I have decided to do and you wish to seek employment else where, I understand fully and wish you the best of luck. Take a few weeks to mull it over and lets re-convene in 30 days.

End of Meeting.........Shake hands and Business Hug of Respect takes place.:strong:

Had Bowlen handled the 2009 off season in this fashion....we Bronco fans would not be facing years of uncertainty as we are facing at this moment and in the future. And Shanahan loved coaching in Denver and the Broncos so much Mike would have given up some power for the betterment of this franchise. And who knows it would have been a blessing for Shanny to get back with concentrating on what he does best.....OFFENSIVE MASTERMIND. :strong:

cousinal11
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Mike: "See ya."

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM

Detroit Broncos....how the hell did that happen!!!;D

Eldorado
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Okay folks, its a foregone conclusion that the decisions made by Pat Bowlen during the 2009 off season cannot be reversed, so I am going to stop there because anything else I would write would be pointless drivel and a waste of bandwidth.

hmmm. Good point.

Conklin
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
2879 post rule

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM

Bowlen to Shanny: Mike: "See ya."

Bowlen 2 weeks later: Where's Coach Shanny?

Bowlen 1 Month later: Who's that young kid walking around in the Hoodie? Havent seen him around before. Is he a Rapper?....Wait a minute! I'm not into HIP HOP....I'm an NFL owner. What the Hell is going on around here? And where the Hell is Mike Shanahan??? Am I loosing my mind! Help-I-Need-Help.

Bowlen 8 months later: Oh yeah my bad....I fired Shanahan. :sunshine:

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
hmmm. Good point. I can fully understand where Bowlen is coming from b/c I can't Remember anything either

Oh well at least your honest! ;)

ghwk
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Seriously does anyone actually think they have anything new to bring to these hypotheticals any more?

cousinal11
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM

I was suggesting that Mike would be the one saying: "See ya."

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I was suggesting that Mike would be the one saying: "See ya."

Why do you say Mike would have left? There were no indications Shanny would have left.

Ironlung
08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Why do you say Mike would have left? There were no indications Shanny would have left.

yea...his ego would've taken that hit no problem. :thumbsup:

rastaman
08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
yea...his ego would've taken that hit no problem. :thumbsup:

You never know unless Bowlen had made the offer. Speaking of ego, McDaniel's has shown he has plenty. Ego's are a part of being human. What counts is how you control your ego.

Popps
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.lifedynamix.com/articles/files/iStockSpilledMilkB.jpg

Karenin
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
2879 post rule

IQ of 60 or greater rule.

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
http://www.lifedynamix.com/articles/files/iStockSpilledMilkB.jpg

Get a hold of yourself Popps. You can still take your Prozac with water.:wave:

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Bowlen to Shanny: Mike: "See ya."

Bowlen 2 weeks later: Where's Coach Shanny?

Bowlen 1 Month later: Who's that young kid walking around in the Hoodie? Havent seen him around before. Is he a Rapper?....Wait a minute! I'm not into HIP HOP....I'm an NFL owner. What the Hell is going on around here? And where the Hell is Mike Shanahan??? Am I loosing my mind! Help-I-Need-Help.

Bowlen 8 months later: Oh yeah my bad....I fired Shanahan. :sunshine:

That is actually fairly plausible.........as Bowlen admitted he has short term memory loss. ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Here's a 20/20 hindsight scenario:

Embryonic submittard and a planned parenthood clinic. Discuss.

Popps
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Get a hold of yourself Popps. You can still take your Prozac with water.:wave:

Oh, sorry... was I the one rehashing the last ten years, crying about it?

Shoot... no, that was you.

Cry it out, buddy. Keep posting threads about how angry you are. That'll fix it!

:rofl:

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Oh, sorry... was I the one rehashing the last ten years, crying about it?

Shoot... no, that was you.

Cry it out, buddy. Keep posting threads about how angry you are. That'll fix it!

:rofl:

Sure Popps whatever you say......just make sure you take your medication on time. Oh and learn to control your ego----you are truly a legend in your mind (whats left of it)! :peace:

tsiguy96
08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
you actually took the time to write this?

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.golivewire.com/forums/img.cgi?i=34142

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:39 PM
http://www.golivewire.com/forums/img.cgi?i=34142

Its nice that you share your family photos with us......which uncle is that?:sunshine:

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
that would be you rasta :)

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
you actually took the time to write this?

You actually took the time to write this? ROFL!

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
that would be you rasta :)

No, that would be one of your family members. :peace:

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
not my family, wrong color

It could be your "Brother-n-Law" for all I know! ^5

rastaman
08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
don't think so, we would disown that family member marrying him

Well that family member of yours would just adopt a new family. What you think your family is all that....i.e the last hope for the human race----get hold of yourself Knuckle head.:approve:

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
just teasing you brother

Chris
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Stop crying over spilled milk.

orinjkrush
08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok.
So bring back Shanny already. He's still being paid.