PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fire O coordinator Chan Gailey ..haha

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2009 11:04 AM ET
A source within the otherwise impenetrable walls of One Arrowhead Drive advises that the Chiefs have fired this morning offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

Gailey survived the initial purge of assistant coaches after Todd Haley was hired in February.

It's unclear what has changed between then and now.

More to come.

lex
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Bring him in.

Rohirrim
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
That's got to be the end of his career.

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Bring him in.

What the hell for?

lex
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
What the hell for?

Uh, have you seen the offense?

s0phr0syne
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't think so Rohirrim. It's not like he's been a failure as the offensive coordinator, especially considering the "weapons" he had last year with the chiefs.

He managed to make Tyler Thigpen look like a relevant quarterback...that's not an easy feat.

That's a pretty *****y move by Pioli and Haley--if you thought he wasn't going to be kept around they should have fired him way earlier so he could have caught on with another team. They really d*cked him over.

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM

Yeah, and I have seen the Chiefs ****ty offense too. We have looked sharper then those guys. Hopefully with Knowshon/Bmarsh we will get a little more explosive.

lex
08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, and I have seen the Chiefs ****ty offense too. We have looked sharper then those guys. Hopefully with Knowshon/Bmarsh we will get a little more explosive.

Yeah, and maybe you should start looking for four leaf clovers.

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, and maybe you should start looking for four leaf clovers.

I'll take any luck we can get at this point. Good idea!!

SonOfLe-loLang
08-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Seriously, why not give it more than a few weeks. Its been documented by Orton, McDaniels, and others that its going to take a while for everyone to be very comfortable in the offense. Plus, look at the seattle game...offense moved the ball very well in that game. Yes, the offense stalled in this one but i think that has more to do with having a 10 yard penalty every single drive than offensive ineptitude.

Seriously, you need to change your perspective and peel back a layer or two. Theres more than meets they eye

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:39 AM
He's terrible. Get him out of football.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:40 AM
I don't think so Rohirrim. It's not like he's been a failure as the offensive coordinator, especially considering the "weapons" he had last year with the chiefs.

He managed to make Tyler Thigpen look like a relevant quarterback...that's not an easy feat.

That's a pretty *****y move by Pioli and Haley--if you thought he wasn't going to be kept around they should have fired him way earlier so he could have caught on with another team. They really d*cked him over.

He's a a complete failure. He sucked in Dallas, Georgia Tech, and the Kansas City.

Eldorado
08-31-2009, 09:42 AM

Yeah! These guys have been running this new offense for almost 4 WHOLE WEEKS NOW AND THEY STILL LOOK SLOPPY!! Fire ****ing everybody and bring in chan gailey. /sarcasm

doosh nozzle

footstepsfrom#27
08-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Maybe he refused to return Scott Pioli's text message.

azbroncfan
08-31-2009, 10:31 AM
He's a a complete failure. He sucked in Dallas, Georgia Tech, and the Kansas City.

Bob was pimping him as the next great HC candidate when KC first signed him. Go figure a guy with no football knowledge would pimp a bum like Gailey.

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Bob was pimping him as the next great HC candidate when KC first signed him. Go figure a guy with no football knowledge would pimp a bum like Gailey.

Exactly.

24champ
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Another Bob favorite bites the dust.

bronco militia
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Google Image Search brought me this pic of Todd Haley and Chan Gailey:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_JnOYL5t-Yhs/SR9HffcqKII/AAAAAAAACJE/XZPGSla6uIA/s640/IMG_3692.JPG

Bob's your Information Minister
08-31-2009, 02:11 PM

I certainly was not. Never even came close to saying that.

I think Gailey is a good OC, he proved that much last year making chicken salad out of chicken ****. But clearly he and Haley had different ideas.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and call it.

lex is an absolute cancer to this board.

08-31-2009, 02:12 PM

Jerry Jones once said one of the worst decisions he made was axing Gailey.

24champ
08-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I certainly was not. Never even came close to saying that.

Aaaand the backtracking begins....ROFL!

ZONA
08-31-2009, 02:19 PM

yeah, that should tell you something right there, lol. Jones is an idiot.

Punisher
08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Bring him in.

2nd i think he could be our starting QB,i hear he has a hell of a arm.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2009, 02:43 PM

I doubt both pieces of that statement. I doubt it's his worst decsion and Gailey is terrible. Even the Chiefs don't want him.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I doubt both pieces of that statement. I doubt it's his worst decsion and Gailey is terrible. Even the Chiefs don't want him.

In fairness, our HC is acting as our OC anyways... we're just paying McCoy to have the title...

ZONA
08-31-2009, 03:01 PM
So the Chiefs fire a coach and lose their starting QB, yeah, they're looking to have a great season. We obviously are not going to be great and the Raiders, well, they're the Raiders. Can San Diego ask for anything more? Free ride to the playoffs.

08-31-2009, 03:06 PM

Prove it or STFU.

The closest thing I might have said is that Gailey might have been trying to get back to being an NFL head coach. And I doubt he would turn down an offer for such a job.

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 03:32 PM

He spends so much time sucking off all these nobodies associated with the Chiefs that he can't even keep track of it anymore.

Bronx33
08-31-2009, 03:35 PM

Or maybe chan has brandons agent?

Bronx33
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM

And jerry jones opinion means what?

ohiobronco2
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM

ROFL!:notworthy

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Man this is gonna be an awesome year. I'm gonna want to go down on Chan Gailey before it's all said and done.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2100744&postcount=80

Chan Gailey has found success as an NFL offensive coordinator with numerous teams. He has a particular talent for making chicken salad out of chicken ****, which is exactly what we need.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1978338&postcount=51

Chan Gailey got the best out of Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnell and Jay frickin' Fiedler.

Croyle's gonna ****ing howitzer your defense! :sunshine:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1975427&postcount=226

Oh, I have a reason. His name is Chan Gailey. His history indicates he'll assemble a competent offensive line.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1897411&postcount=56

You're misinterpreting my posts. Gailey is going to build an offensive line. That's all I'm trying to say.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1897506&postcount=71

Bronx33
08-31-2009, 03:51 PM
bob owned by the new guy, rep new guy.

redrage
08-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, I agree it is a pretty suspect move. At the very least, it really stretches the responsibilities of Haley pretty thin. It's one thing to call the plays with a lot of input on the game plan (ala Shanahan and McDanials) but something else to take on the role of OC AND QB coach with all the gameplanning responsibilities. He has an obligation to the entire team, not just the offense.

Now possibly the heavy lifting of the game planning will fall on another assistant (Carthon?, Muir?), but it is pretty clear Haley didn't like the looks of the play calling in preseason.

Game 1: Pretty mundane start in the first half
Game 2: 1st and goal with the game on the line at the end and can't punch it in?
Game 3: Lots of runs and 3 and outs.

Now much of that is likely the players' fault but clearly Haley decided he could do better and/or wanted the responsibility to fall on him since he will bear the brunt anyway. He IS a good play caller. I don't think it will matter much in the end.

Popps
08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Where's that fat **** Bob to tell us what a "mess" our team is.

Archer81
08-31-2009, 04:36 PM
That was fast.

:Broncos:

24champ
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2100744&postcount=80

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1978338&postcount=51

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1975427&postcount=226

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1897411&postcount=56

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1897506&postcount=71
Bob's been...
http://threadbombing.com/data/media/12/pwned_3.jpg

UberBroncoMan
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
... if only we could have traded some draft picks for him before he was fired.

08-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm trying to figure out exactly how I got "owned." None of those posts say anything about Gailey being a hot head coaching candidate. He's a good offensive coordinator. Just because he doesn't mesh with Haley is no reason to think he isn't. His history proves it.

You guys are reaching, as usual.

Chan Gailey got the best out of Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnell and Jay frickin' Fiedler.

See? Gailey also got the best out of Thigpen.

08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Where's that fat **** Bob to tell us what a "mess" our team is.

Your team is still a mess. We're trying to fix our mess. We canned our OC. You guys canned your Pro Bowl QB.

Which mess is messier?

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
kind of like george michael got the best out of you boob

24champ
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm trying to figure out exactly how I got "owned." None of those posts say anything about Gailey being a hot head coaching candidate. He's a good offensive coordinator. Just because he doesn't mesh with Haley is no reason to think he isn't. His history proves it.

LOL You were slobbing all over this guys knob.

See?

Man this is gonna be an awesome year. I'm gonna want to go down on Chan Gailey before it's all said and done.

KCStud
08-31-2009, 06:05 PM
I love this new regime. Pioli and Haley don't take any BS like Herm/Carl.
If somethings wrong, they are going to do anything to fix it. It's about time the head dogs in KC are the kind who will do anything to make the team better.

I like Haley's plays better though. This could have happened because they share different views. Gailey is a run first guy and Haley is a pass first guy

azbroncfan
08-31-2009, 06:12 PM

Well you never said he was the next hot HC candidate but you were talking about what a difference he would make for KC. You also claimed Diaper Boy was the most talented RB he ever coached.

24champ
08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
I love this new regime. Pioli and Haley don't take any BS like Herm/Carl.
If somethings wrong, they are going to do anything to fix it. It's about time the head dogs in KC are the kind who will do anything to make the team better.

I like Haley's plays better though. This could have happened because they share different views. Gailey is a run first guy and Haley is a pass first guy

KC's staff is significantly better, mainly because of Gailey. I'm so pleased that we now have an OC that knows how to make good calls and knows how to work with QB's.
People forget that Chan Gailey was the one who coached Kordell Stewart and made him look good. He knows how to set up the running game and takes shots down the field frequently. Solari was bad, but I think the biggest reason was because he had no experience as a first time OC.
I like the Price signing too. Price did a great job at UTEP and works well with WR's. Bowe is gonna be a star soon, but KC desperately needs somebody opposite of him when Kennison is let go

ROFL!

Some MAJOR backtracking going on here but what else is new when it comes to Chief fans?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and call it.

lex is an absolute cancer to this board.

lex
This message is hidden because lex is on your ignore list.

Best. Move. Ever.