PDA

View Full Version : Now that we have completed our dress rehersal--predict the # of wins for us this year

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 06:02 AM
2009 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE (home games in caps)
WEEK  DAY  DATE OPPONENT SITE TIME/RESULT TV/REC
1 Sun Sep.13 at Cincinnati Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM EDT CBS
2 Sun Sep.20 VS. CLEVELAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 PM MDT CBS
3 Sun Sep.27 at Oakland McAfee Coliseum 1:15 PM PDT CBS
4 Sun Oct. 4 VS. DALLAS INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 PM MDT FOX
5 Sun Oct.11 VS. NEW ENGLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 PM MDT CBS
6 Mon Oct.19 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 5:30 PM PDT ESPN
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun Nov. 1 at Baltimore M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 PM EST CBS
9 Mon Nov. 9 VS. PITTSBURGH INVESCO Field at Mile High 6:30 PM MST ESPN
10 Sun Nov.15 at Washington FedEx Field 1:00 PM EST CBS
11 Sun Nov.22 VS. SAN DIEGO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 PM MST CBS
12 Thu Nov.26 VS. NEW YORK INVESCO Field at Mile High 6:20 PM MST NFLN
13 Sun  Dec. 6 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium 12:00 PM CST CBS
14 Sun  Dec.13 at Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM EST CBS
15 Sun  Dec.20 VS. OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
16 Sun  Dec.27 at Philadelphia Lincoln Financial Field 1:00 PM EST CBS
17 Sun Jan. 3 VS. KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 PM MST CBS

@ cin=Loss
CLE=Win
@ Oak=Loss
DAL=Loss
NE=Loss
@ SD=Loss
BYE--we change QB's
@ BAL=Loss
PIT=Loss
@ WAS=Loss
SD=Loss
NYG=Loss
@ KC=loss
@ Indy=Loss
OAK=Win
@ PHI=Loss
KC=win

3-13.
at least we get a top 5 draft pick! Oh wait.....
Welcome to the McD Era folks.....

Punisher
08-31-2009, 06:05 AM
I don't care at this point just hope we make the playoffs.

jmz313
08-31-2009, 06:08 AM
I thinking we start out with an unimpressive 2-1 start. then muster up wins at/and against Oak and in KC as well as ekk by washington

LonghornBronco
08-31-2009, 06:09 AM
I think we are a lot better on D, worse on O and slightly better on special teams...

8-8

BroncoInSkinland
08-31-2009, 06:19 AM
@ cin=Loss (possible win here, we will win either this or the CLE game but not both)
CLE=Win
@ Oak=Win (Possible win here, we will win either this or @KC, but not both)
DAL=Loss
NE=Loss
@ SD=Loss
BYE--we change QB's
@ BAL=Loss
PIT=Loss
@ WAS=Win (We will win one of the NFC games, I think this could be it)
SD=Loss
NYG=Loss
@ KC=loss
@ Indy=Loss
OAK=Win
@ PHI=Loss
KC=win

5-11 on the low side I think, if the D continues to improve we could pull out a few more of the possibles, @KC, CIN, DAL, NYG, and SD all look like outside chances, but improvement could bring them within our grasp. The rest of the team has improved, but we will be searching for a true QB for some time I think. We will miss our pick, but it won't be a top 5 and Smith looks good so that will pass. Playoffs are a season or more away at best, and I still don't fully trust McDaniels with personel decisions, so missing next years pick isn't the worst thing in the world.

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 06:23 AM
punisher, playoffs?? are you nuts. any educated fan would realize that is not even a remote possibility this year. i predict 4 wins

Punisher
08-31-2009, 06:29 AM
punisher, playoffs?? are you nuts. any educated fan would realize that is not even a remote possibility this year. i predict 4 wins

Key word hope and that's all i can do is hope,well maybe i can burn a bag of **** everyday at Cutler's house but beside that i can just hope and pray.

WolfpackGuy
08-31-2009, 06:32 AM
It depends on how many games Ed Hochuli referees.
I'm going with 5-11.

TheDave
08-31-2009, 06:35 AM
I'll stick with 6 wins, but I'm less optomistic than I was before preseason.

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 06:39 AM
@ cin=Loss (possible win here, we will win either this or the CLE game but not both)
CLE=Win
@ Oak=Win (Possible win here, we will win either this or @KC, but not both)
DAL=Loss
NE=Loss
@ SD=Loss
BYE--we change QB's
@ BAL=Loss
PIT=Loss
@ WAS=Win (We will win one of the NFC games, I think this could be it)
SD=Loss
NYG=Loss
@ KC=loss
@ Indy=Loss
OAK=Win
@ PHI=Loss
KC=win

5-11 on the low side I think, if the D continues to improve we could pull out a few more of the possibles, @KC, CIN, DAL, NYG, and SD all look like outside chances, but improvement could bring them within our grasp. The rest of the team has improved, but we will be searching for a true QB for some time I think. We will miss our pick, but it won't be a top 5 and Smith looks good so that will pass. Playoffs are a season or more away at best, and I still don't fully trust McDaniels with personel decisions, so missing next years pick isn't the worst thing in the world.

NO he has not. Just last night he was thrown down by Earl Bennett on a 3rd down conversion on Cutler's 90+ yard drive to end the half--then he was beaten for a 40 yard pass by a rookie who was obtained via a draft pick in the cutler trade --then he was run over by Adrian Petersen in the 4th qtr...in SF he would have been beaten for a long gain if Alex smith was a decent QB and in SEA he did little except get hurt--he is not worth a 1st rond pick--let alone a top 15 (more than likely top 5 ) in 2010.......

toad
08-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Going pretty much w/ the scratch, I'll say 6 wins.

The Dallas to Washington stretch is going to be brutal....

@ cin= WIN
CLE= WIN
@ Oak= WIN
DAL= LOSS
NE= LOSS
@ SD= LOSS
BYE
@ BAL= LOSS
PIT= LOSS
@ WAS= WIN
SD= LOSS
NYG= LOSS
@ KC= LOSS
@ Indy= LOSS
OAK= WIN
@ PHI= LOSS
KC= WIN

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-31-2009, 06:43 AM
They can beat the Cowboys.

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 06:49 AM
Ha! Atomic bloke picked us to win one game--if that happens--McD will be poop canned

BroncoInSkinland
08-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Ha! Atomic bloke picked us to win one game--if that happens--McD will be poop canned

Well, 0 wasn't an option...

NYBronc
08-31-2009, 06:53 AM
@ Cin=Win
CLE=Win
@ Oak=Win
DAL=Win
NE=Loss
@ SD=Loss
BYE
@ BAL=Loss
PIT=Loss
@ WAS=Win
SD=Loss
NYG=Win
@ KC=Win
@ Indy=Loss
OAK=Win
@ PHI=Loss
KC=Win

Punisher
08-31-2009, 06:59 AM
It depends on how many games Ed Hochuli referees.
I'm going with 5-11.

lol i like how you crack a joke before you gave your prediction.

Let me tell you something people these threads are just a trap,because if you gave a bad prediction like 2-14 or even 8-8.If some how some way we make the playoffs your words will be quoted and laughed at. :thumbsup:

So just repeat after me

Punisher

BroncoInSkinland
08-31-2009, 07:02 AM
lol i like how you crack a joke before you gave your prediction.

Let me tell you something people these threads are just a trap,because if you gave a bad prediction like 2-14 or even 8-8.If some how some way we make the playoffs your words will be quoted and laughed at. :thumbsup:

So just repeat after me

It's Ok, I would rather we make the playoffs and I get laughed at than be correct that we are in for a long season anyway. I just answer what is in my opinion truthfully despite my hope that we will do better.

Punisher
08-31-2009, 07:04 AM
It's Ok, I would rather we make the playoffs and I get laughed at than be correct that we are in for a long season anyway. I just answer what is in my opinion truthfully despite my hope that we will do better.

Nice post that sounds pretty good you should run for Major in your local Area.
:~ohyah!:

bloodsunday
08-31-2009, 07:08 AM
I have to admit, I was not worried until last night. Our offense is going to struggle to score points. It will help if Marshall get his s**t together and Moreno stays healthy. But we don't seem to have any deep threat at all. No receivers with that ability (even Marshall) and Orton doesn't seem to have the arm strength. Hell I'm not even sure we have an intermediate passing game. Watching screen after screen is brutal. They are such low percentage plays when you count for the risk of penalty, dropped balls, tackles behind the line of scrimmage, etc... And what's worse is that even if they do manage to win a few games, I fear it will be very ugly grind-it-out type games.

I am also VERY concerned about the continuation of the turnover margin trend. That's -8 for those of you counting at home in 3 games. While I think Orton's 3 INTs in game 1 were a bit of a fluke, I don't think the lack of turnovers caused by our D is a fluke at all. We need to win the turnover margin more now than ever because or offense have very obviously gone backwards.

I went with 6 wins just because I think Oakland and KC are that bad. I also expect this team will improve as the season wears on (for a change) because its relatively young and there was so much change. At least I hope they improve after that debacle last night...

RunSilentRunDeep
08-31-2009, 07:13 AM
Bottom line:

http://blog.feefifoto.com/images/2008/02/13/lombardi_trophy.jpg

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Bottom line:

I didn't write predict the 2019 season--I wrote the 2009 season :rofl:

BroncoInSkinland
08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Nice post that sounds pretty good you should run for Major in your local Area.
:~ohyah!:

Maybe I can run for mayor of Bobbie land, I would have to imagine the fringe benefits are better there. :wiggle:

Evenrude
08-31-2009, 07:54 AM
I went with 9 wins... though nothing would surprise me, there are just too many unknowns.

With a new system and players on both offense and defense I think too much has been made of preseason. If I remember correctly the Lions were 4-0 last preseason?

Wait till the games start to matter before letting the doom and gloom set in IMO.

bloodsunday
08-31-2009, 08:06 AM
If I remember correctly the Lions were 4-0 last preseason?

Wait till the games start to matter before letting the doom and gloom set in IMO.

Normally I would agree with this line of thinking. However, I don't in this case for a couple of reasons. The first is that there has been only marginal improvement over the 3 games so I don't see a reason to think they are suddenly going to jump on a parabolic learning curve. The second is that our #1s are getting more reps (in practice and in games) than most other teams. And finally, McDaniels himself acknowledged they not holding much back in terms of scheme or play calling because they are trying to get the players used to the new system.

go_broncos
08-31-2009, 08:11 AM
If Orton starts..then we will win 2 games..

broncosteven
08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
I got to dig up the earlier guess the record thread, I am pretty sure it was full of 9-7 up to 13-3 guesses.

Now it looks like 6 wins is the avg...

TheDave
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
I got to dig up the earlier guess the record thread, I am pretty sure it was full of 9-7 up to 13-3 guesses.

Now it looks like 6 wins is the avg...

reality has a way of doing that...

Ambiguous
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
I have to admit, I was not worried until last night. Our offense is going to struggle to score points. It will help if Marshall get his s**t together and Moreno stays healthy. But we don't seem to have any deep threat at all. No receivers with that ability (even Marshall) and Orton doesn't seem to have the arm strength. Hell I'm not even sure we have an intermediate passing game. Watching screen after screen is brutal. They are such low percentage plays when you count for the risk of penalty, dropped balls, tackles behind the line of scrimmage, etc... And what's worse is that even if they do manage to win a few games, I fear it will be very ugly grind-it-out type games.

I am also VERY concerned about the continuation of the turnover margin trend. That's -8 for those of you counting at home in 3 games. While I think Orton's 3 INTs in game 1 were a bit of a fluke, I don't think the lack of turnovers caused by our D is a fluke at all. We need to win the turnover margin more now than ever because or offense have very obviously gone backwards.

I went with 6 wins just because I think Oakland and KC are that bad. I also expect this team will improve as the season wears on (for a change) because its relatively young and there was so much change. At least I hope they improve after that debacle last night...

I don't see how anyone can take those games as a given. We split with them last year, and we are exponentially worse this year. What advantages do we have on them?

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't see how anyone can take those games as a given. We split with them last year, and we are exponentially worse this year. What advantages do we have on them?

I only have us beating them at home...I too do not see how we can look at those two franchises and say that they are beneath us--the truth hurts but

WE HAVE BECOME THEM.

Old Dude
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Bah ... just some meaningless bumps along the preseason road.

They'll be fine.

Bright times ahead.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 10:21 AM
5 max. Less than 3 is more likely, in my HONEST opinion.

bloodsunday
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM

Well that was the enigma that was a Shanahan coached team. We were better than both those teams -- by a pretty good margin -- last year. We should have had 4 wins. And of course if we had won those games, we would have made the playoffs and Shanahan would likely still be coach of this team!

Sure we've taken at least a half-step backwards this year, but I expect us to be mentally tougher and beat the teams we are supposed to beat. And, KC is going through much of the same transition type issues we are. They just fired their OC a week before the season! Is is just me or does that smell like a problem?! And Oakland is Oakland. Their HC beat up their assistant coach. They lost a preseason game 45 - 7 after hitting dance clubs all night. They drafted a second round WR with the #7 pick overall! Neither of those clubs has surpassed us... at least not yet. IMO.

So yeah its not a given, but there's hope in me that we can beat both those teams. Plus its a sign that while the schedule is tough, they aren't all unwinnable.

ChSuperStar
08-31-2009, 11:30 AM
If we can get opponents uniforms for our wr's and te's we will win a lot more games....

otherwise i predict 3-13, best case 5 wins

ChSuperStar
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
But it doesn't matter even after that prediction of 3 games.... i love sitting and watching broncos play. So i would love to watch my broncos

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
10-6 we win the division and return to the playoffs for the 1st time since 2005.

also, don't be surprised if we give Orton a contract extension after the season.

randomtask
08-31-2009, 11:38 AM
19-0 :lombardi:

But seriously I'd be surprised with 7 wins this year.

Mr.Meanie
08-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Cin=Win
CLE=Win
@ Oak=Win
DAL=Win
NE=Win
@ SD=Loss
BYE
@ BAL=Loss
PIT=Loss
@ WAS=Loss
SD=Win
NYG=Loss
@ KC=Win
@ Indy=Loss
OAK=Win
@ PHI=Loss
KC=Win

I say we upset NE & Dallas, split with SD at home, sweep KC & Oakland.

Pick Six
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Don't we have one more preseason game? I thought the "dress rehearsal" wasn't finished, yet...

bronco militia
08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bowlenblast.gif

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Don't we have one more preseason game? I thought the "dress rehearsal" wasn't finished, yet...

17,000 + posts and you don't know that the 3rd pre-season is the most IMPORTANT one where teams game plan as they will in the regular season???? Good grief..........

rastaman
08-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Bottom line:

How many lines of coke do you do in the morning and in the evening???

jutang
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I say 5 wins, but then again I thought the Nuggets wouldn't even make the playoffs... here's hoping suck ass predictions continue!

McMastermind
09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
@ cin
CLE
@ Oak
DAL
NE
@ SD
BYE
@ BAL
PIT
@ WAS
SD
NYG
@ KC
@ Indy
OAK
@ PHI
KC

4-2 in the division: Split with SD & sweep either KC or Oak, but not both.

2-2 vs. NFCE: People are giving this conference way too much credit based on LY. Wash & Dallas look like the most obvious wins, but I could see losing to Dallas but beating an uninspired NYG on Thanksgiving. NYG plays what should be a good ATL team the week before Turkey day and has DAL, PHI & WASH immediately after. Classic look ahead game. WASH also gets ATL before DEN and has DAL & PHI after. PHI has DAL in week 17 after DEN as well.

2-0 vs. Ohio. Don't let this vanilla pre-season fool ya. A 10 point win over the Bengals is going to shock the talking heads on opening day and they will carry that momentum into the home opener.

2-2 vs. INDY/PITT/BAL/NE: Balty is a winnable game off of the BYE. One thing I won't miss from Shanahan regime is never being able to win 1:00 East Coast starts. I have no idea what to expect out of the NE game. Indy will be tough OTR as will PITT at home but .500 ball vs. these four is not unreasonable.

10-6....Book it.

NFLBRONCO
09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Bunch of homers no 0-16 option :)

hookemhess
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM

Any educated fan would realize that crazier things have happened.

Predaphin
09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
A whopping 3!

mr007
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I would LOVE for us to win 8 games. I hope we do that or better.

Based on my current perception, I'd say 3-5 is pretty realistic. We'll see.

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Cin=Win
CLE=Win
@ Oak=Win
DAL=Win
NE=Win
@ SD=Loss
BYE
@ BAL=Loss
PIT=Loss
@ WAS=Loss
SD=Win
NYG=Loss
@ KC=Win
@ Indy=Loss
OAK=Win
@ PHI=Loss
KC=Win

I say we upset NE & Dallas, split with SD at home, sweep KC & Oakland.

Wow you weren't far off, predicting a 5-0 streak followed by a 3 game slide.

Here is to hoping we beat KFC Sunday!

barryr
01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Interesting. The majority picked 6 wins or less, namely the biggest bashers of McDaniels before he even coached a preseason game, yet the team has not only done better than that, but still has a shot at the playoffs. Yet they claim how poor a season this has been and act like so much more should have been accomplished and expected more. What BS.

broncosteven
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Interesting. The majority picked 6 wins or less, namely the biggest bashers of McDaniels before he even coached a preseason game, yet the team has not only done better than that, but still has a shot at the playoffs. Yet they claim how poor a season this has been and act like so much more should have been accomplished and expected more. What BS.

This thread was after at least 3 games of the PS. The 1st one which I couldn't find had everyone going from 9-7 up to 13-3 and that was before the PS.

I think this is pretty accurate considering a +- of 2. Not alot of people going 10 or more wins here. I am going to bed, you can dig up the other Prediction thread if you want.

gyldenlove
01-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Funny, I was trying to find you and Popps in there, but I guess you were both afraid of putting your money where your mouths are... okay maybe I wouldn't want my money there either.

My 8 win prediction looks pretty good right now, would you agree? No better than last year.

Popps
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Funny, I was trying to find you and Popps in there, but I guess you were both afraid of putting your money where your mouths are... okay maybe I wouldn't want my money there either.

My 8 win prediction looks pretty good right now, would you agree? No better than last year.

Again, for the 100th time... I said we'd come out around 7 wins, but that a couple more or less wouldn't shock me.

What do you mean "money where my mouth" is?

You realize that we way exceeded my expectations this season, right?

I never remotely implied any sort of "win guarantee." That stuff is nonsense, anyway.

I think where you are confused... is that I was fully on-board with the changes we made this year, and perfectly ready to endure a rebuilding season to get to our ultimate goal.

So, you mouth-breathers following me around talking about us winning 8 games... GREAT! That's more than I thought we would win.

I'm still not sure what the point is?

Popps
01-01-2010, 08:06 PM
If you want to know exactly what my sentiments were during the off-season, they're righ here in the thread I created to tell you what they were...

The Official Thread for those who Embrace the Team's Move Into the Future
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75954

... and it has nothing to do with "predicting wins" somehow making you a better fan?

If you want to "predict wins," go to a sports-book.

This is a forum for fans.

Cool Breeze
01-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Dang I predicted six wins - I am pretty happy to be proven wrong.

Boobs McGee
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I think we are a lot better on D, worse on O and slightly better on special teams...

8-8

that was a pretty damn accurate prediction!

gyldenlove
01-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Again, for the 100th time... I said we'd come out around 7 wins, but that a couple more or less wouldn't shock me.

What do you mean "money where my mouth" is?

You realize that we way exceeded my expectations this season, right?

I never remotely implied any sort of "win guarantee." That stuff is nonsense, anyway.

I think where you are confused... is that I was fully on-board with the changes we made this year, and perfectly ready to endure a rebuilding season to get to our ultimate goal.

So, you mouth-breathers following me around talking about us winning 8 games... GREAT! That's more than I thought we would win.

I'm still not sure what the point is?

Thank your pal Barryr on that one, he so confidently and incorrectly claimed that all the Mcdaniels bashers predicted few wins, the extension being that all the Mcdaniels anti-bashers must have predicted more wins.

I knew you predicted fewer wins than I did, and I know we are at opposite ends of the scale when it comes to warm feelings for Mcdaniels.

What I never understood is how losing became acceptable? One thing we have seen demonstrated clearly is that you don't improve by losing.

go_broncos
01-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I predicted 2 wins and glad i am wrong.
I supported Mcd when he traded cutler as cutler sucks.

After bye week, the moves he made(replacing Kern with Berger) and he couldn't adjust once all the teams have the tape.

Popps
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Thank your pal Barryr on that one, he so confidently and incorrectly claimed that all the Mcdaniels bashers predicted few wins, the extension being that all the Mcdaniels anti-bashers must have predicted more wins.

I doubt he put it like that.

What he probably meant was... these people claiming we were (literally) setting the franchise back 15 to FIFTY years were just out of the minds.

It boils down to whether or not you were on board.

He was.

I was.

This was never a "predict the right amount wins and you're the best fan" contest.

I have no idea why guessing wins before we ever played a game would make someone a "better" fan.

You were with it or against it when it went down. It's that simple.

Popps
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
What I never understood is how losing became acceptable?

No one said it was.

It's about relative expectations.

This team exceeded most of ours around here.

The only people happy about losing are those who love to parade their hatred for the franchise around here after losses.

Other than that, no real fans want to see the team lose. But, you also have to put a first year coach/offense/defense/staff into proper perspective.

As I said, we've exceeded my expectations from a WINS standpoint, which is fantastic.

Why should I be upset about that?

Archer81
01-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Hmm...in some threads I said 9-7, in others 10-6, and even some 19-0's.

:Broncos:

Mr.Meanie
01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Shocking that the biggest McD haters predicted only 3 wins. Pathetic, really.

Mr.Meanie
01-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Wow you weren't far off, predicting a 5-0 streak followed by a 3 game slide.

Here is to hoping we beat KFC Sunday!

Thank you! I didn't ask for this gift.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I predicted 2 wins and glad i am wrong.
I supported Mcd when he traded cutler as cutler sucks.

After bye week, the moves he made(replacing Kern with Berger) and he couldn't adjust once all the teams have the tape.

you like Rasta, Mock and of course bf7 all had us barely winning any games. BarryR is correct as those that had us as a laughing stock of the NFL were proven wrong but need something to be correct on something; Your opinion isnt based on facts. Enjoy the hate.

Mr.Meanie
01-01-2010, 10:08 PM
you like Rasta, Mock and of course bf7 all had us barely winning any games. BarryR is correct as those that had us as a laughing stock of the NFL were proven wrong but need something to be correct on something; Your opinion isnt based on facts. Enjoy the hate.

No kidding.

I secretly believe a lot of their posts were written in the preseason, but they had to choke on them during the win streak.

But like they say, the roaches come out during a fire...

broncocalijohn
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
dont get me wrong though on starting 6-0 and then going 2 of the next 7. This poll is based on the whole season regardless of how we got there. 9 wins better be coming around 4:15PM Sunday afternoon (PST of course).

watermock
01-02-2010, 12:03 AM
At least we are finishing strong....

watermock
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM

Bullshiat. I predicted 5 wins, and I certainly didn't expect the miracles in Cincy or Dallas.

KevinJames
01-02-2010, 12:40 AM
either way we are finishing better than most people thought tip your hat to McD for that we hit a bump but were not an elite team yet so don't get your hopes up but were on the right track.

barryr
01-02-2010, 10:14 AM

I knew you predicted fewer wins than I did, and I know we are at opposite ends of the scale when it comes to warm feelings for Mcdaniels.

What I never understood is how losing became acceptable? One thing we have seen demonstrated clearly is that you don't improve by losing.

Wow, you are truly a goof. First, I didn't even state "all" and I didn't even single you out or mention you specifically at all either, but seeing how you take offense to McDaniel bashers, then one can see where your thinking lies.

barryr
01-02-2010, 10:16 AM
At least we are finishing strong....

Just as we finished so strongly Shanahan's last year or heck, his last 3 years as coach? Were you calling for his head after any of those seasons?

Jason in LA
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I had 6 wins, so I'm glad that they did better than what I thought they'd do. I was very wrong about the defense. It was great to see major improvements on that side of the ball. But I was close to being right about the offense. I was never a fan of Orton and he didn't do much to change that.

baja
01-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I must have missed this poll but I felt we had a good chance to win 10 games and if we beat KC and had beaten Oakland like we should have at home I would have been right on the money. I will say this I am not as high on McD as I was at the beginning of the season. I am disappointed with his moving away from the ZBS (a season too early IMO) and I think calling Marshall out in public is a stupid ego driven move that would have been better handled in house. Other than that I felt he had a pretty good season and look for him to improve nest year.

Oh and running Moreno up the middle time after time was less than excellent too.