PDA

View Full Version : The boxscore of Shanahan's first game in 1995.

lex
08-31-2009, 01:28 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199509030den.htm

22-7 win over the Bills at Mile High.

Over 400 yards of offense. Elway had over 300 yards passing and Denver ran the ball 37 times for 140 yards.

Inkana7
08-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Wow, so apparently Shanahan's ability to rack up huge yards with very little points started early.

Dudeskey
08-31-2009, 06:45 AM
Wow, so apparently Shanahan's ability to rack up huge yards with very little points started early.

With a HOF QB no less...

BroncoInSkinland
08-31-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199509030den.htm

22-7 win over the Bills at Mile High.

Over 400 yards of offense. Elway had over 300 yards passing and Denver ran the ball 37 times for 140 yards.

Hmmm, the Bills were the begining and the end...maybe he will go coach them next year...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 06:53 AM
lex, you should probably post the exact same thing about 15 more times, just to make sure everyone sees it.

Mods, great work getting rid of this chump. Seriously.

I guess ball washing really does work.

mizzoutigers
08-31-2009, 06:54 AM
well, that team was maybe just a little better than this one :)

broncofan7
08-31-2009, 06:54 AM
This is only Bowlen's 3rd hire as HC--and the VERY 1st time he has hired someone who had not previously worked within the organization before as an assistant--it's no wonder we do not recognize our Broncos....we have entered Queef and Jokeland territory folks--McD is finding it difficult to remain an offensive genius without Randy Moss or a QB with even an average arm (orton is BELOW average and he stares down his recievers too often)--Nolan's defense may be our strongest unit this year--imagine the possibilities if we had not traded Cutler........oh well........

lex
08-31-2009, 07:49 AM
lex, you should probably post the exact same thing about 15 more times, just to make sure everyone sees it.

STFU. Youre just a football humping monkey.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Oooh. Good one.

Dukes
08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Another solid contribution lex. Good work :thumbsup:

lex
08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Another solid contribution lex. Good work :thumbsup:

Benchmarks are good.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-31-2009, 08:28 AM
I remember that game so well, yet completely thought it was against the Raiders. Kinda funny.

WolfpackGuy
08-31-2009, 08:38 AM
The first play was like a 45 yard pass up the sideline to Sharpe.

55CrushEm
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM

:rofl:

supermanhr9
08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
that many yards and only 22 points???????????

Ironlung
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
nice thread queer

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM

Ummmmm......why is everyone spitting up spleen to avoid having McDaniels compared to Shanny during their first year of coaching the Broncos.

CAN'T RUN FROM REALITY!!! !Booya!

rastaman
08-31-2009, 10:06 AM
that many yards and only 22 points???????????

It was the prelude to come! You know two consecutive SB victories. Going 46-18 over 4 years in the regular season. And 7-1 post season wins. And going 53-19 in 4 years overall. GOTTA START SOMEWHERE.LOL

B-Love
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Elam was 5 for 6 on FG's. TD got the start at RB and made one nasty move on a 30 yard run.

And our D was good that night. Michael Dean Perry was great knifing thru the 1 and 2 gaps.

And Dan Williams destroyed Jim Kelly late in the game on a sack.

Also Eddie McCaffrey made a great catch on a long bomb in his first game as a Bronco.

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
That game was a Sunday night football game televised on TNT. I thought TNT had better coverage than ESPN did at the time. Verne Lundquist and Pat Haden did a hell of a job in the booth.

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Yes, it was Shanny's fault that McCaffrey dropped a pass while wide open in the endzone in that game.

Keep up the good work.

WABronco
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
nice thread queer

Winner!

Damn bro you do research for your trolls? Dedication.

Popps
08-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Oooh. Good one.

:rofl:

Popps
08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes, it was Shanny's fault that McCaffrey dropped a pass while wide open in the endzone in that game.

Keep up the good work.

Good point, SoCal... and I know you'll keep up that charitable, centered and patient attitude as our new coach and players develop their chemistry.

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Not a bad NFL debut for TD. 70 yards rushing and a TD.

Back in 1995, Broncos news was hard to come by if you were out of market and I couldn't believe it when the TNT broadcasters said that TD was already so popular in Denver, that he was offered by one of the local stations a chance to host his own weekly TV show. Being a rookie, TD declined the offer.

That's another prime example of the madness that is Broncomania. It's a religion in the Rocky Mountain region.

SoCalBronco
08-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Good point, SoCal... and I know you'll keep up that charitable, centered and patient attitude as our new coach and players develop their chemistry.

Hey....I remember that game, man.

Even with the missed oppurtunities at more points, it was a hell of alot more enjoyable than the previous year's opener on Sunday Night. I've never seen such a Jekyll and Hyde game as that 94 opener vs. SD. First half we're looking like a Super Bowl team and in the second half it went all to hell.....pretty much starting with a 14 point swing with a pick on the goalline.

Bronco LB52
08-31-2009, 10:04 PM

Even with the missed oppurtunities at more points, it was a hell of alot more enjoyable than the previous year's opener on Sunday Night. I've never seen such a Jekyll and Hyde game as that 94 opener vs. SD. First half we're looking like a Super Bowl team and in the second half it went all to hell.....pretty much starting with a 14 point swing with a pick on the goalline.

Denver had huge expectations in 1994 after acquiring Anthony Miller, Mike Pritchard, Leonard Russell, Ray Crockett, Ted Washington and Ben Smith that offseason.

One RMN writer predicted the team would finish 15-1 that regular season.

After Denver got off to a 17-0 lead, I was in a euphoric state as well. I was buying the hype. I thought we were on our way to the Super Bowl too. I still hate Junior Seau for picking off Elway on that fluke duck in the red zone.

Denver never recovered from that gut wrenching loss and wound up starting the year 0-4.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 10:20 PM

Crazy... we're basically the same age and I can't really remember this until you bring it up.

Popps
08-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Denver had huge expectations in 1994 after acquiring Anthony Miller, Mike Pritchard, Leonard Russell, Ray Crockett, Ted Washington and Ben Smith that offseason.

One RMN writer predicted the team would finish 15-1 that regular season.

After Denver got off to a 17-0 lead, I was in a euphoric state as well. I was buying the hype. I thought we were on our way to the Super Bowl too. I still hate Junior Seau for picking off Elway on that fluke duck in the red zone.

Denver never recovered from that gut wrenching loss and wound up starting the year 0-4.

The ball just flipped out of his hand. Just one of those weird, occasional Elway quirks. It just happened at a horrible time. Brutal, indeed.

Broncofan_H
08-31-2009, 10:28 PM
So I guess Lex will be waiting until after McDaniels coaches his first regular season game to pass judgment?

Oh, nevermind.

lex
08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
So I guess Lex will be waiting until after McDaniels coaches his first regular season game to pass judgment?

Oh, nevermind.

Ive said numerous times that I expect the team to win 10 games.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 10:38 PM
This is only Bowlen's 3rd hire as HC--and the VERY 1st time he has hired someone who had not previously worked within the organization before as an assistant--it's no wonder we do not recognize our Broncos....we have entered Queef and Jokeland territory folks--McD is finding it difficult to remain an offensive genius without Randy Moss or a QB with even an average arm (orton is BELOW average and he stares down his recievers too often)--Nolan's defense may be our strongest unit this year--imagine the possibilities if we had not traded Cutler........oh well........

you're writing off McDaniels after 3 preseason games, in which he has been implementing a brand new scheme, we haven't had the use of our number 1 draft pick, our last season number 1 receiver is not around. you are jumping the gun a bit on the hate of the guy.

B-Love
08-31-2009, 11:20 PM
What was most interesting abou that 1995 opener, was that Fatso Wade Phillips came back to Denver as Marv Levy's D coordinator after he got fired a few months before.

Fatso and Charlie Waters, not a good combo for the 1994 D!!!!

Bronco LB52
09-01-2009, 12:00 AM
The ball just flipped out of his hand. Just one of those weird, occasional Elway quirks. It just happened at a horrible time. Brutal, indeed.

It was so ironic that 14 years later the same thing happened again in a similar situation.