PDA

View Full Version : Kuper injury

SoDak Bronco
08-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Anyword about the leg injury Chris Kuper suffered in the games tonight? Kupesdad, you have any info on your son, I hope its not as bad as it looked.

lex
08-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Anyword about the leg injury Chris Kuper suffered in the games tonight? Kupesdad, you have any info on your son, I hope its not as bad as it looked.

Im curious about this as well, but its kind of unfair to put Kupe's dad in that kind of a position. I mean, if he wants to reveal this, fine but its possible he doesnt want to leak this given the tightlipped stance the cadre is now taking on injuries.

TheDave
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm hoping for the best, but it looked like it could be bad...

His leg just looked to be a a real akward angle when he got rolled up on.

BowlenBall
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Just sick to my stomach that Kupe got hurt... hope it's relatively minor, and he's in there for us on opening day -- losing him would be a big blow for us.

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Fervent hopes that Kupe's gonna be OK.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I hope it isn't season ending... but the guy couldn't bear any weight immediately after the injury. It looked like his ankle was injured. Based on the very limited visual evidence I'd say it's at least a severe ankle sprain if not a fractured fibula. Hope he's okay.

lex
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I hope it isn't season ending... but the guy couldn't bear any weight immediately after the injury. It looked like his ankle was injured. Based on the very limited visual evidence I'd say it's at least a severe ankle sprain if not a fractured fibula. Hope he's okay.

If it was a sprain, they would have likely tried to leave him in there for another 5 plays.

bpc
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I got rolled up in practice like that during my junior year of college. To me it looked like he sprained his MCL/PCL and he could have partially tore his achilles with the way his lower leg was pinned. I had both of those injuries on that similar play, along with torn cartilage in my ankle. The fact that they said he could put weight on the leg that was rolled up is the worst sign.

If he partially tore his achillies, he's out at least 2 months. Maybe longer depending on the tear. If it's a sprain MCL, it will probably be a 4-6 weeks.

If it's both, he won't be the same player for the rest of the year. He won't be able to drive people off the ball, he'll have problems anchoring in pass pro and he won't be able to pivot when pulling. All three of those will take away his ability to run.

I sported a tape job that went from my toes all the way over my thighs. Let's hope that Chris feels better tomorrow and the prognosis is much better. It would be a huge blow to lose him for the rest of the season.

TheReverend
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
I hope its not as bad as it looked.

This.

Also, quick rant. This infuriates me that Kuper didn't seize the opportunity to try and force a new contract. The money he was making compared to his on the field performance was laughable at best. I understand being a "team guy" and making no waves and doing your job, but there comes a point where the compensation needs to be re-directed back in your favor and your efforts been appreciated.

If this injury is bad, then it will cost Chris loads of money... being a dominant G and coming up for contract does not = having BEEN a dominant G and now you have knee concerns and haven't played in a season.

/rant

Really, I'm just REALLY hoping for the best for this guy. Hopefully he came off the field faking an injury because he got an urgent text from his wife or something.

lostknight
08-30-2009, 10:08 PM
This.

Also, quick rant. This infuriates me that Kuper didn't seize the opportunity to try and force a new contrac

Yeah, because clearly that is working so well for Brandon Marshall and previously for Jay Cutler.

TheReverend
08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, because clearly that is working so well for Brandon Marshall and previously for Jay Cutler.

Jay has 2 years left w/o CBA issues and Brandon has off-the-field questions.

What's your point?

BroncoMan4ever
08-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Kuper isn't a douchebag with new legal problems every few weeks, he isn't facing possible lengthy suspensions, he is not a clown on the field. he is a team guy, coming to work and keeping quiet about the money issues. he knows that if he plays hard that the dollars will come, and knows he doesn't need to force the issue.

and there are no parallels to the Cutler situation regarding Kuper.

Kuper should have voiced his wanting of a long term deal this offseason. he is in a completely different situation than Marshall, because he is the complete opposite as a player. he is awesome and a team guy, he isn't going to cause himself or the team embarassment, he is a guy you want locked up long term.

broncocalijohn
08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
BTW: Did he get the injury during special teams? I hope not as I would wonder why he was out there during that situation. I missed a couple of plays tending to my two rug rats and not sure if it was on special teams or we got a first down on first and 10.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2009, 11:11 PM
BTW: Did he get the injury during special teams? I hope not as I would wonder why he was out there during that situation. I missed a couple of plays tending to my two rug rats and not sure if it was on special teams or we got a first down on first and 10.

No, it was on a running play...someone rolled on his leg

lex
08-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Speaking of injuries and running plays, what was with the dive play with 6 seconds to go in the first half?

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:15 PM
The word I've received is that he's got a high ankle sprain. Stay tuned for the official word.

ghwk
08-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Kupesdad, give our best to your son on behalf of the mane.

tonngo0
08-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Kuper appeared to break his right ankle. Well that mean he is going to be out this season.

broncocalijohn
08-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Speaking of injuries and running plays, what was with the dive play with 6 seconds to go in the first half?

didnt see it but wondering suspiciously how this question would tie in with Kuper's injury. Oh wait, I probably can guess that you want to question play calling in a thread that has nothing to do with the actual thread even though you tried to tie it in. Just go away.

FireFly
08-31-2009, 12:19 AM
One of my favorite players. Would be really upset to see him miss any games.

We really need him out there - esp. since I'm not sold on his back up

atomicbloke
08-31-2009, 12:23 AM
The word I've received is that he's got a high ankle sprain. Stay tuned for the official word.

So how bad is a high ankle sprain? The medical folks maybe can chime in....

BroncoDoug
08-31-2009, 12:24 AM
So how bad is a high ankle sprain? The medical folks maybe can chime in....

isn't that was Simms has? he is out 2-4 weeks

DeusExManning
08-31-2009, 12:28 AM
broken right ankle.

atomicbloke
08-31-2009, 12:31 AM
broken right ankle.

Link?

News reports seem to say its a sprain....

Vegas_Bronco
08-31-2009, 01:31 AM
I can't stand the new running game...its horrible and has RB's running right up the Olines back. I would chew some azz if I were playing oline....I hate seeing this kind of attack that is smashmouth...definitely not what our oline was built for. Josh needs to absorb some of the good that was here instead of just burning his name into the playbook and killing the great production we could have keeping with the downhill system....set's up the screen and rollout really well which are the popular plays in the NFL these days.

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 01:36 AM
I can't stand the new running game...its horrible and has RB's running right up the Olines back. I would chew some azz if I were playing oline....I hate seeing this kind of attack that is smashmouth...definitely not what our oline was built for. Josh needs to absorb some of the good that was here instead of just burning his name into the playbook and killing the great production we could have keeping with the downhill system....set's up the screen and rollout really well which are the popular plays in the NFL these days.

If he wasn't interested in keeping some of the ZBS he wouldn't have kept Dennison and Turner.

Vegas_Bronco
08-31-2009, 01:55 AM
If he wasn't interested in keeping some of the ZBS he wouldn't have kept Dennison and Turner.

Dennison and Turner don't choose to run between the tackles 99% of the time like McD has. He can keep all the characters, but if they change the script, it does them little good. Remember....it's one cut system and get your azz up the field...we're just running straight dive plays. I don't think I've seen 1 outside edge run yet and I wouldn't be complaining if we were able to move the ball in the running game...for the most part we're stalemating with the defensive lines b/c we aren't creating gaps or cutback lanes - it's going to have DC's licking their chops.

meangene
08-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Per the Post this morning, x-rays were negative on his ankle. MRI today.

Old Dude
08-31-2009, 07:26 AM
Initial X-rays on Kuper were negative, but he'll have an MRI today.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13237238

~Crash~
08-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Kuper isn't a douchebag with new legal problems every few weeks, he isn't facing possible lengthy suspensions, he is not a clown on the field. he is a team guy, coming to work and keeping quiet about the money issues. he knows that if he plays hard that the dollars will come, and knows he doesn't need to force the issue.

and there are no parallels to the Cutler situation regarding Kuper.

Kuper should have voiced his wanting of a long term deal this offseason. he is in a completely different situation than Marshall, because he is the complete opposite as a player. he is awesome and a team guy, he isn't going to cause himself or the team embarassment, he is a guy you want locked up long term.

what the **** are you talk about ?

~Crash~
08-31-2009, 07:38 AM
Initial X-rays on Kuper were negative, but he'll have an MRI today.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13237238

this is great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ankles are tape and go usaly .

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 07:42 AM

He was unable to bear weight on the ankle immediately after injury. This almost always means partial or complete ligament tearing. It is not good news.

gyldenlove
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Kuper will be fine, he eats John Deere's for breakfast, if he has to he will just tear off his leg and play with a peg leg made from a redwood trunk he will rip right up out of the ground.

HILife
08-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Kuper will be fine, he eats John Deere's for breakfast, if he has to he will just tear off his leg and play with a peg leg made from a redwood trunk he will rip right up out of the ground.

Or he will just get angry, turn green and yell out HULK MAD!

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20080331/425.the.incredible.hulk.033108.jpg

El Guapo
08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Hopefully he turns orange. :) Get well, kupes.

broncocalijohn
08-31-2009, 10:39 AM

I think you just confused Kuper with Foneco. I like Kuper but he is no Foneco.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I think you just confused Kuper with Foneco. I like Kuper but he is no Foneco.

Nah, Bruschi. His retirement announcement today has a lot of people understandably flustered.

TheChamp24
08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
He was unable to bear weight on the ankle immediately after injury. This almost always means partial or complete ligament tearing. It is not good news.

I don't think it was his knee, they were looking at his ankle. Plus, with bad sprained ankles, you can't really put weight on it without hurting like a mofo.
From what I understand, if you partial or tear ligament, there isn't a lot of pain and you can "walk". Tom Brady, Ryan Reynolds, both got torn ACL's last year and walked off the field.

Looking at it, to me it looked like he got a bad sprained ankle. Give him some rest, and he should be good to go.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Tom Brady, Ryan Reynolds, both got torn ACL's last year and walked off the field.

Ummmmm, the actor?

ZONA
08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
This.

Also, quick rant. This infuriates me that Kuper didn't seize the opportunity to try and force a new contract. The money he was making compared to his on the field performance was laughable at best. I understand being a "team guy" and making no waves and doing your job, but there comes a point where the compensation needs to be re-directed back in your favor and your efforts been appreciated.

If this injury is bad, then it will cost Chris loads of money... being a dominant G and coming up for contract does not = having BEEN a dominant G and now you have knee concerns and haven't played in a season.

/rant

Really, I'm just REALLY hoping for the best for this guy. Hopefully he came off the field faking an injury because he got an urgent text from his wife or something.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a raise but I will say Kuper is a solid good guard but he's not a DOMINANT guard as you put it. He's not quite at that level yet. When he makes the probowl, you can call him Dominant.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
When he makes the probowl, you can call him Dominant.

I guess Clady wasn't very good last year then.

Probowl is a popularity contest, plain and simple. It is not a measure of current dominance.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 11:08 AM

You're so full of BS it's not funny. A sprained ankle is a thousand time more common then a torn ligament and if it's a good enough sprain, you can't put weight on the ankle either. Get real dude.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I guess Clady wasn't very good last year then.

Probowl is a popularity contest, plain and simple. It is not a measure of current dominance.

Oh, okay, so now you are saying Kuper is at the level of Clady? And furthermore, I didn't say Kuper wasn't "very good" because he didn't make the probowl so learn to fricken read retard. I said Kuper wasn't a DOMINANT guard, and he's not, it's that simple. H'e a really good guard, but no, I think many would agree, he's not a DOMINANT guard.

azbroncfan
08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a raise but I will say Kuper is a solid good guard but he's not a DOMINANT guard as you put it. He's not quite at that level yet. When he makes the probowl, you can call him Dominant.

So PROBOWL determines how good a player is? Let's get you on the phone to trade for Jason Peters. I'm sure Eagles would take Clady for him. Since QB is a weak spot lets trade for Kerry Collins, Vince Young, talk Kordel Stewart out of retirement. Maybe Dallas would trade Kitna. These are all dominant players by your account.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh, okay, so now you are saying Kuper is at the level of Clady? And furthermore, I didn't say Kuper wasn't "very good" because he didn't make the probowl so learn to fricken read retard. I said Kuper wasn't a DOMINANT guard, and he's not, it's that simple. H'e a really good guard, but no, I think many would agree, he's not a DOMINANT guard.

Way to get personal. It's what happens when you know you are making a weak argument.

You said "When he makes the probowl, you can call him Dominant."

I brought up the very obvious case of Ryan Clady. Nowhere did I say that Kuper = Clady. You made a faulty connection there.

How many players in the history of the NFL actually make it to the ProBowl in their first dominant season? Doesn't happen too often. "Name" guys get in more often than not until guys, particularly younger guys, prove they can be dominant for more than one year.

~Crash~
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM

about right . he will get paid in the end damn fine player all the same.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I said Kuper wasn't a DOMINANT guard, and he's not, it's that simple. H'e a really good guard, but no, I think many would agree, he's not a DOMINANT guard.

Nobody said he was. Rev started this discussion by merely pointing out how underpaid he is. $1 million for this season is an insult for even "really good guards", wouldn't you say?

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
You're so full of BS it's not funny. A sprained ankle is a thousand time more common then a torn ligament and if it's a good enough sprain, you can't put weight on the ankle either. Get real dude.

do you even know what sprain means?

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 11:48 AM
what the **** are you talk about ?

i was reponding to a post talking about a dispute over whether or not Kuper should have asked for more money this offseason if his injury is serious.

someone brought up the contract talks is why so many turned against Marshall and I was illustrating why it would be different with a guy like Kuper.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM

Kuper is a road grater of a guard. dude is very dominant. very strong, and if i recall correctly he allowed something like 2 sacks last season. i can't think of any guards in this league that i would take over Kuper.

PRBronco
So PROBOWL determines how good a player is? Let's get you on the phone to trade for Jason Peters. I'm sure Eagles would take Clady for him. Since QB is a weak spot lets trade for Kerry Collins, Vince Young, talk Kordel Stewart out of retirement. Maybe Dallas would trade Kitna. These are all dominant players by your account.

No, ProBowl means you have the most fans with voting macros and thus are allowed to stop playing football until your employer agrees to pay you way more money.

TheReverend
WTF happened in here?

Eldorado
08-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Dude, you started it. Don't play coy.

DivineLegion
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Kuper is a road grater of a guard. dude is very dominant. very strong, and if i recall correctly he allowed something like 2 sacks last season. i can't think of any guards in this league that i would take over Kuper.

Try 0 sacks...or atleast thats what was said on the telecast last night.

BMarsh615
08-31-2009, 11:54 AM

Xrays don't really show if there is ligament damage, MRI's will.

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Source: Kuper has a high-ankle sprain (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/3159/source-kuper-has-a-high-ankle-sprain)
August 31, 2009 2:15 PM
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

Denver guard Chris Kuper escaped serious injury Sunday night against Chicago.

A source close to the situation said Kuper suffered a high ankle sprain. Kuper is going to try to play in Denver’s regular-season opener Sept. 13 at Cincinnati. However, that may be an optimistic view. A high-ankle sprain could take four weeks to heal. If Kuper can’t play, fourth-round pick Seth Olsen would likely play for him.

Still, the Broncos are looking at Kuper’s diagnosis as a positive. His injury looked to be much more serious when he had to be helped off the field Sunday night. Kuper is quietly emerging into one of the best young guards in the NFL.

He didn’t allow a sack last season.The strength of Denver’s team is its offensive line and Kuper is a critical part if the unit’s effectiveness.
Uncategorized (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/category/_/name/uncategorized), Cincinnati bengals (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/tag/_/name/cincinnati-bengals), Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/tag/_/name/denver-broncos), Seth Olsen (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/tag/_/name/seth-olsen), Chris Kuper (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/tag/_/name/chris-kuper)
<LINK href="http://assets.espn.go.com/profile/css/conversation_rev_2-1.0.0.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet><STYLE type=text/css>.conversation .conversation-body-wrapper-outer, .conversation-body-wrapper-outer{ width: 500px; }.conversation-list .conversation-row-even .conversation-body-wrapper-outer{ width: 500px; }.conversation-row-even .conversation-body-wrapper-outer{ width: 500px; } .conversation-list .conversation-row-odd .conversation-body-wrapper-outer{ width: 500px; }.conversation-row-odd .conversation-body-wrapper-outer{ width: 500px; }.conversation-list { list-style-type: none; padding: 0; }.conversation-list li { margin-bottom:10px; }</STYLE>Sort comments by: Most Recent | First Posted (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/3159/source-kuper-has-a-high-ankle-sprain?id=3159&blogName=afcwest&_slug_=source-kuper-has-a-high-ankle-sprain&sort=oldest)

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Sounds like we may have dodged a bullet if Burger Bill is correct here. Fingers Crossed

24champ
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
WTF happened in here?

Rev would you hit this?

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/41/08_podborka_26.jpg

ZONA
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
What did I say? Mostly likely a sprain, even a severe sprain but probably not torn ligaments, as somebody suggested was the probably outcome when you can't put weight on a leg...................muahahahahahaha.

Still, high ankle sprains can take a long time to get over. Those bastages seem to linger and linger. I hope he can get back very quickly so our line can be at it's maximum ability.

baja
08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
do we have the MRI results don't feel like reading 3 pages.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Rev would you hit this?

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/41/08_podborka_26.jpg

http://imgsrv.extra991.com/image/wxtt/UserFiles/Image/Jocks/Tim/id_hit_it1.jpg

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 12:14 PM
That can't be a real Pic? Please tell me that has been photoshopped

atomicbloke
08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Looks like is it is a high ankle sprain, we can't expect him to play until the Cowboys game.

Time for Olsen to step up.

Old Dude
08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
A high ankle sprain is no laughing matter, but it's probably the best we could hope for given how bad it looked at the time.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM

Obviously...... Ha!

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Olsen and the Hochstein will have to step up. Glad we got that Hochstein guy for a backup, did anyone notice if he played the other night?

baja
08-31-2009, 12:20 PM

If you don't see the camel's foot it's shopped

Is this a serious question, did you attend the same chick recognition school as our friend Montrose?

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
If you don't see the camel's foot it's shopped

Is this a serious question, did you attend the same chick recognition school as our friend Montrose?

lol, moose knuckles and camel toes are no laughing matter

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 12:28 PM
What did I say? Mostly likely a sprain, even a severe sprain but probably not torn ligaments, as somebody suggested was the probably outcome when you can't put weight on a leg...................muahahahahahaha.

Still, high ankle sprains can take a long time to get over. Those bastages seem to linger and linger. I hope he can get back very quickly so our line can be at it's maximum ability.

why don't you do yourself a little favor a google ankle sprains, and degrees of ankle sprains... and what that actually means... you know, before you make a bigger ass of yourself

El Guapo
08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Obviously...... Ha!

Right? :rofl: Common sense is your friend.

Ambiguous
08-31-2009, 12:31 PM

Please tell me you aren't serious. Are you high?

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
i was joking...Dude, come on

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Try 0 sacks...or atleast thats what was said on the telecast last night.

even better, if that doesn't show the play of a dominant guard, i don't know what does.

Los Broncos
08-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Whew, I was worried to hell after seeing him get hurt, thank god it wasn't bad.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 01:37 PM
why don't you do yourself a little favor a google ankle sprains, and degrees of ankle sprains... and what that actually means... you know, before you make a bigger ass of yourself

why don't you? Apparently you think sprain means tear. Idiot. When people think of the 2 terms, they are worlds apart. A sprain is the stretching of the ligament past the normal range it can handle. Yes, a severe sprain can lead to slight tearing but not to the degree that one would then call the injury a "torn ligament", as you suggest it was.

SoDak Bronco
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
why don't you? Apparently you think sprain means tear. Idiot. When people think of the 2 terms, they are worlds apart. A sprain is the stretching of the ligament past the normal range it can handle. Yes, a severe sprain can lead to slight tearing but not to the degree that one would then call the injury a "torn ligament", as you suggest it was.

You know he is a doctor and you are trying to lecture him? lol :thumbs:

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Better news than I expected. That replay last night didn't look good.

Get well Kuper, we need you!

24champ
08-31-2009, 01:45 PM

How many years of Medical school did you go to?

bendog
08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Doc, I wish'd I come to see you when I ruptured my biceps three years ago. lol

factoid: ankle sprains can be ligament tears. I think it's obvious that Kuper's is. It's good that it wasn't the knee though.

Grade I Ankle Sprain:
Grade I ankle sprains cause stretching of the ligament. The symptoms tend to be limited to pain and swelling. Most patients can walk without crutches, but may not be able to jog or jump.

Grade II Ankle Sprain:
A grade II ankle sprain is more severe partial tearing of the ligament. There is usually more significant swelling and bruising caused by bleeding under the skin. Patients usually have pain with walking, but can take a few steps.

Grade III Ankle Sprain:
Grade III ankle sprains are complete tears of the ligaments. The ankle is usually quite painful, and walking can be difficult. Patients may complain of instability, or a giving-way sensation in the ankle joint.
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprainsstrains/a/anklesprain.htm

see link to high ankle sprain as well.

Irish Stout
08-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Get Well Kuper!

He's a stud and should be fine. Olsen has looked pretty decent.

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2009, 01:51 PM
How many years of Medical school did you go to?

It's Dr. Evil, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much.

TheDave
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM

A sprain is a tear dumbass... Seriously, drop it before you look even more stupid.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM
You know he is a doctor and you are trying to lecture him? lol :thumbs:

I don't care if he's a doctor or not. I don't need a scientist to tell me the world is not flat.......lol.

In the world of sports, people usually think of a "sprain" as a ligament that has been stretched and is not as severe as a ligament that has been "torn". Obviously there is different degrees of injury but they said the X-rays were negative so I have to assume that if there was tearing, it probably wasn't severe, constituting it as a "torn" ligament. Thus a high ankle sprain is closer to that of a normal sprain then it is of a fully blown out ligament. I'm not googling this stuff, I went through 2 severe ankle injuries myself as well as 20 or so mild sprains. I had a high ankle sprain on my right ankle and a fully blown tear on my left ankle. I'm going by what doctors I have talked with over the years about my injuries and rehab.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
A sprain is a tear dumbass... Seriously, drop it before you look even more stupid.

eat crap you moron. Here, you want dictionary definition, fine.

A sprain (from Middle French espraindre - to wring) is an injury to ligaments that is caused by being stretched beyond their normal capacity and possibly torn.

Do you understand what the word possibly means? Go look it up, dumbass.

bendog
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Great thread.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Thread getting better by the second...

TheDave
08-31-2009, 02:01 PM

A sprain (from Middle French espraindre - to wring) is an injury to ligaments that is caused by being stretched beyond their normal capacity and possibly torn.

Your thinking of a "Strain" not a "Sprain"... yes they are different.

Grade 1 sprain:

Some stretching or perhaps minor tearing of the lateral ankle ligaments.
Little or no joint instability.
Mild pain.
There may be mild swelling around the bone on the outside of the ankle.
Some joint stiffness or difficulty walking or running.

Grade 2 sprain:

Moderate tearing of the ligament fibres.
Some instability of the joint.
Moderate to severe pain and difficulty walking.
Swelling and stiffness in the ankle joint.
Minor bruising may be evident.

Grade 3 sprain:

Total rupture of a ligament.
Gross instability of the joint.
Severe pain initially followed later by no pain.
Severe swelling.
Usually extensive bruising.

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
I can't believe people arguing about a sprain and if that encompasses torn ligaments.

Obviously Kuper won't need surgery right? That's great news. It could take him awhile but in this case I am just happy for a hard working kid to not have to go under knife and miss his contract yr.

Hopefully Broncos get him healthy, then give him a new deal. He's gotten better each yr and I thought he was looking really good before he got injured.

In the words of Rodeny king can't we all just call a truce and start being Bronco fans again? Well ok thats not exactly what he said but you get the jest right?

24champ
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/4/yes.jpg

ZONA
08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Grade 1 sprain:

Mild pain.

Grade 2 sprain:

Grade 3 sprain:

Severe swelling.

Yes, as I said, there are different degrees of injury. You just put out there that "A sprain is a tear" when that is NOT factual at all, as your chart above shows.

But I'm not gonna bicker on and on about it. His came back negative so hopefully he's back sooner then later.

On the same note, this is going to give Olson some valuable time as the starter, not just in games but in practice. He gets to work with the starting unit so hopefully he learns alot.

Eldorado
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Quick recap:

do you even know what sprain means?

I'd hit it...

Your thinking of a "Strain" not a "Sprain"... yes they are different.
Grade 1 sprain:
Mild pain.

Grade 2 sprain:

Grade 3 sprain:
Severe swelling.

Good stuff!

bowtown
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I think I just sprained my head.

ElwayMD
08-31-2009, 02:17 PM
God bless the internets!

Bronx33
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM

One can feel the love for sure man we are crappy to eachother anymore.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 02:28 PM
MRI results anybody?

PRBronco
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
I think I just sprained my head.

Are you sure? I think it was more of a tear. That's not a sprain you know.

OR IS IT?

Old Dude
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM

Well, it's certainly one of the more interesting Kuper threads.

Dagmar
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2v8k75v.jpg

55CrushEm
08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Sprain, strain, tear, stretch.....you say "po-TAY-to", I say "po-TAH-to"....who gives a ****.

Hey, the mayor of Boston pronounces jumbotrons, as "JumBLE-troMs"

Too funny......Mumbles Menino. Ha!

Anyway, I just want to know if he's going to play, and how soon.

Doggcow
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Who cares, his ankle is fked up.

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
One big happy family :)

ghwk
08-31-2009, 03:03 PM
How do we bring Cutler v McDaniels v Orton into this? Oh wait....

scorpio
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
One big happy family :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/fallout_kid/pedo.gif

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 03:13 PM

That's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ivpn7lWFNEw/SDb5nAqYPbI/AAAAAAAAA4w/PVUN8a4cyLM/s400/pedo-bear-too-old.jpg

Dagmar
08-31-2009, 03:18 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2ynidee.jpg

TheChamp24
08-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Ummmmm, the actor?

Ummm, no, how about the star MLB from OU

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Ummm, no, how about the star MLB from OU

I had wikipedia that ****...

This is one hell of an obscure reference man...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Reynolds_%28American_football%29

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't care if he's a doctor or not. I don't need a scientist to tell me the world is not flat.......lol.

In the world of sports, people usually think of a "sprain" as a ligament that has been stretched and is not as severe as a ligament that has been "torn". Obviously there is different degrees of injury but they said the X-rays were negative so I have to assume that if there was tearing, it probably wasn't severe, constituting it as a "torn" ligament. Thus a high ankle sprain is closer to that of a normal sprain then it is of a fully blown out ligament. I'm not googling this stuff, I went through 2 severe ankle injuries myself as well as 20 or so mild sprains. I had a high ankle sprain on my right ankle and a fully blown tear on my left ankle. I'm going by what doctors I have talked with over the years about my injuries and rehab.

You don't know your head from your ass, let alone what can be inferred from a "negative xray." Quit trying to backtrack, or further explain your idea of what the definition of a sprain means to you. You have no clue what you are talking about, and you are calling me out to boot. Again, I would encourage you to know a thing or two before making a total fool of yourself. Here is a link... read it if you have the ability to comprehend it. If you need a zona-speak version, I can google that for you. Just let me know.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/307466-overview

BroncoBuff
08-31-2009, 06:03 PM

Wow ... wtf?!

baja
08-31-2009, 06:15 PM

So when someone tears you a new ass does that equate to a butt sprain???

scorpio
08-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow ... wtf?!

It's part of a comedy act

BroncoBuff
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
It's part of a comedy act

Thank heavens ... :~ohyah!:

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
So when someone tears you a new ass does that equate to a butt sprain???

Traumatic anal fissure.

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM

almost as creepy as this....
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/alix2304/people/theplayers.jpg

baja
08-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Traumatic anal fissure.

so is that caused by fisting???

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
so is that caused by fisting???

I don't know how much of a role fisting plays. I've seen quite a few traumatic anal fissures.. but usually because I had to extract a retained rectal foriegn body at the time. The stories I can tell about the things people put in their assess....

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't know how much of a role fisting plays. I've seen quite a few traumatic anal fissures.. but usually because I had to extract a retained rectal foriegn body at the time. The stories I can tell about the things people put in their assess....

But you promised you wouldn't, RIGHT?!?!??!

Eldorado
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow. Kupe's gonna be proud.

24champ
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM

So you've seen and treated Richard Gere...:giggle:

Broncos_OTM
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
You don't know your head from your ass, let alone what can be inferred from a "negative xray." Quit trying to backtrack, or further explain your idea of what the definition of a sprain means to you. You have no clue what you are talking about, and you are calling me out to boot. Again, I would encourage you to know a thing or two before making a total fool of yourself. Here is a link... read it if you have the ability to comprehend it. If you need a zona-speak version, I can google that for you. Just let me know.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/307466-overview

weren't you on here last year giving us your expertise?...classic :thumbsup:

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM

About what topic?

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM

The Doc can be a flaming douche sometimes, but his medical related posts are usually spot on. The only one I remember him being wrong on was the Brandon Marshall arm injury.

Spider
08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
I missed the game ...........I hope he is ok .............

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
The Doc can be a flaming douche sometimes, but his medical related posts are usually spot on. The only one I remember him being wrong on was the Brandon Marshall arm injury.

Look pig, explain where was I wrong again. Last time I checked, Marshall blamed his drops on nerve injury and "hand numbness." I said that I didn't know what the specific injuries were, because the organization concealed it as much as possible. The only thing coming out in the press was "multiple tendon and nerve injury." I was asked what I thought would happen for the upcoming season... and I said he would have serious problems, and wouldn't be suprised if he missed the entire year. It was an educated guess at the time, and at the request of another poster... based upon very limited info. The cackling hen brigade lost their **** over it.... but in the end I was right to an extent.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Look pig, explain where was I wrong again. Last time I checked, Marshall blamed his drops on nerve injury and "hand numbness." I said that I didn't know what the specific injuries were, because the organization concealed it as much as possible. The only thing coming out in the press was "multiple tendon and nerve injury." I was asked what I thought would happen for the upcoming season... and I said he would have serious problems, and wouldn't be suprised if he missed the entire year. It was an educated guess at the time, and at the request of another poster... based upon very limited info. The cackling hen brigade lost their **** over it.... but in the end I was right to an extent.

You sure are a smug one aren't you. Dr know it all, lol.

TheReverend
08-31-2009, 07:57 PM

I can actually back this up. I'd have to be included in the "cackling hen brigade", and he did retract much of his original diagnosis when I gave him more accurate information.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-31-2009, 08:00 PM

Well, that's quite the reversal from "full of BS" and "idiot." I realize that it's hard to find dignity in your posts on this thread... but I appreciate the effort.

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM

I can't believe it. I defend you and get flamed for it. :spit:

footstepsfrom#27
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM

Wow ... wtf?!
Popps and tsiguy? ;D

chaz
08-31-2009, 08:51 PM
:spit:So when someone tears you a new ass does that equate to a butt sprain???

watermock
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM

Actually, Brandon got lucky, and his drops still almost doubled. He led the NFL in drops. Of course, he also led in attempts, but his % was high.

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Actually, Brandon got lucky, and his drops still almost doubled. He led the NFL in drops. Of course, he also led in attempts, but his % was high.

Yeah, the Doc was completely off base there, for what it's worth.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, that's quite the reversal from "full of BS" and "idiot."

Yeah, I need to tone it down some. Sometimes I get a little too crazy with all of my "idiot" this and "BS" that. I'm a victim of how this board has become over the past few months.

lex
08-31-2009, 10:49 PM

popps and tsiguy? ;d

lol

baja
09-01-2009, 12:26 AM

I hear ya I am a card carrying member of "Keep the gerbils out of your ass " club so I've heard the stories as well.

Let the gerbils swim in clean water

baja
09-01-2009, 12:36 AM

I thought that at one time but have come to respect the Doc's medical knowledge, Just man up ZONA, he owned ya on this one. When a guy has knowledge and shares it that is not being smug.

Too many good posters have left this place because no nothings have called them out. Be smart enough to recognize expertise when you see it. You are a very good poster too you're just wrong on this issue,l it happens.

gunns
09-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Doc, I wish'd I come to see you when I ruptured my biceps three years ago. lol

factoid: ankle sprains can be ligament tears. I think it's obvious that Kuper's is. It's good that it wasn't the knee though.

Grade I Ankle Sprain:
Grade I ankle sprains cause stretching of the ligament. The symptoms tend to be limited to pain and swelling. Most patients can walk without crutches, but may not be able to jog or jump.

Grade II Ankle Sprain:
A grade II ankle sprain is more severe partial tearing of the ligament. There is usually more significant swelling and bruising caused by bleeding under the skin. Patients usually have pain with walking, but can take a few steps.

Grade III Ankle Sprain:
Grade III ankle sprains are complete tears of the ligaments. The ankle is usually quite painful, and walking can be difficult. Patients may complain of instability, or a giving-way sensation in the ankle joint.
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprainsstrains/a/anklesprain.htm

see link to high ankle sprain as well.

Wow, it's Bendog! Nice to see you on here again.

And thank you for the above. I was scratching my head as Zona attempted to tell DB about something medical....and getting nasty about it.

gunns
09-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I need to tone it down some. Sometimes I get a little too crazy with all of my "idiot" this and "BS" that. I'm a victim of how this board has become over the past few months.

Don't blame this on us! tsk tsk

BMarsh615
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Broncos Injury Notes 09/01/09: Kuper, Gaffney, Moreno, Jordan

http://community.kdvr.com/_Broncos-Injury-Notes-090109-Kuper-Gaffney-Moreno-Jordan/BLOG/626418/96399.html?widgetId=216686

G CHRIS KUPER:

I talked to two sources Monday afternoon who confirmed that Broncos guard Chris Kuper, “has just a high ankle sprain.” Kuper was injured in the team’s home game against the Chicago Bears Sunday.

Prior to Kuper’s M.R.I. which was scheduled around 11:00am Monday, sources were already expressing<wbr> confidence<wbr> that tests would reveal no severe trauma.

“There is no ligament damage, though it looked like it was more horrific on television<wbr>,” added one source familiar with Kuper’s situation.<wbr>

So when will Kuper return?

“Well the healing with this can get tricky. (Kuper) feels as of now he’ll be ready for the (Broncos’ season) opener. That is what he is shooting for, unless he gets to the latter part of next week and is still hobbling on it. Just got to see how (Kuper) takes to treatment,<wbr>” said the source.

High ankle sprains can take much longer to heal than two weeks, so why is Kuper feeling he might be ready by the first regular season game?

“He is just a tough kid. He has a high tolerance for pain.”

WR JABAR GAFFNEY:

Sources tell me Broncos wide receiver Jabar Gaffney broke his thumb in the last 10 minutes of last Friday’s practice.

The injury is to Gaffney’s left thumb. Gaffney is also right-hand<wbr>ed for any of you interested<wbr>.

I am told Gaffney was really down about getting injured because he was really looking forward to Sunday’s game against the Bears.

Whereas I am told the healing time for a broken thumb can be between four to six weeks depending on the severity of the break, Gaffney feels that he should be ready for the opener.
We'll see.
Check back here later for more informatio<wbr>n on the severity of his thumb break.

RB KNOWSHON MORENO:

Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno sprained the MCL in his right knee in the Broncos’ preseason opener at San Francisco.<wbr>

After testing out his right knee at Invesco Field before the team’s game against the Bears Sunday, a source familiar with Moreno’s situation told me “(Moreno) is doing good. He is on schedule.”

The team is hopeful Moreno will be ready for the season opener at Cincinnati<wbr> Sept.13th.<wbr>

RB LAMONT JORDAN:
Running back Lamont Jordan did not practice all last week and also missed action in the Broncos' game against the Bears. A source familiar to Jordan's situation tells me Jordan has an injury in the metatarsal<wbr> area of his left foot.
The Metatarsal<wbr> bones are a group of five long bones in the foot.

More updates to come.

crush17
09-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Jordan will be cut.