PDA

View Full Version : The Hypocrisy Is Unnerving

Lolad
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
So let me get this straight, We've been told by the McD nut huggers that this offense is potent. That we didn't need Brandon Marshall in Denver, McD even said so himself. That we didn't need Cutler to get the ball in the end Zone it was all about the "system". The team is not based off of individuals.

But yet. Now whats been displayed on the field, it's "We don't have Marshall or Moreno" So do we need Marshall to win? I thought we should ship him off for future picks. Hell even a 2nd rounder at least.. right? "Moreno's not running the rock." I thought no 1 player could take this team to the promise land? Why do we need either one of them? Orton is proven, but yet McD only trust him with screen passes while our 3rd QB comes in and is asked to move the team down the field.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
So let me get this straight, We've been told by the McD nut huggers that this offense is potent. That we didn't need Brandon Marshall in Denver, McD even said so himself. That we didn't need Cutler to get the ball in the end Zone it was all about the "system". The team is not based off of individuals.

But yet. Now whats been displayed on the field, it's "We don't have Marshall or Moreno" So do we need Marshall to win? I thought we should ship him off for future picks. Hell even a 2nd rounder at least.. right? "Moreno's not running the rock." I thought no 1 player could take this team to the promise land? Why do we need either one of them? Orton is proven, but yet McD only trust him with screen passes while our 3rd QB comes in and is asked to move the team down the field.

Wanna give them at least ONE regular season game? Geeeeez. Also, to be fair, the first two games the offense looked exactly like last years. Drive the ball down the field only not to put the ball in the endzone. This game penalties absolutely murdered us.

ghwk
08-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Orton didn't just throw screen passes condom waste, watch it again.

MaloCS
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Good post from the original poster. :thumbsup:

I want to reiterate that no matter how good the x's and o's are you still need players to go out on the field and execute that scheme. If the players are physically outmatched the "scheme" means squat. I'm sorry but players and talent will always trump scheme. ALWAYS!

This whole notion that "THE SYSTEM" will offset the loss of Cutler and Marshall is ludicrous. All the McDisaster kool-aid drinkers are doing is rationalizing the loss of a pro bowl quarterback with the raw talent to reach bigger heights. There is no justifiable excuse for what transpired at Dove Valley this off season.

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 10:11 PM
An excessive number of penalties is often the result of a lack of discipline... or so I've been told...

footstepsfrom#27
08-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Orton does throw almost entirely either screens, short slants and inside hooks or the occassional out pattern. How many times has he gone downfield in these three games? I've seen him do it a few times so he apparently can throw it farther than 10 yards but why does he do it so rarely? It was nice to see Brandstater look cool in the pocket and actually display a vertical passing game.

DomCasual
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I may be alone on this, but I kind of think the term "nut hugger" is dumb.

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Unless you're talking about a snug pair of Levis, you're right....

tsiguy96
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
i think what most people were saying was save all the doom and gloom til it actually occurs on the field. the offense looks like it could be decent, for some reason orton is 100% tentative in everything hes doing.

kamakazi_kal
08-30-2009, 11:13 PM

yeah.... he threw 4 over 12 yards.... cum bucket.

kamakazi_kal
08-30-2009, 11:16 PM
i think what most people were saying was save all the doom and gloom til it actually occurs on the field. the offense looks like it could be decent, for some reason orton is 100% tentative in everything hes doing.

Man.... you have watched some of these games,, right?

Pseudofool
08-30-2009, 11:22 PM
No one promised anything. No one is under any allusions that having two or three most potent weapons out hurts the offense. Quit pretending that McD or his supporters have suggested there would be no loss in production from having some of our best weapons out--no one credible has been suggesting that.

That said, the offense moves fine when we don't dig ourselves in a penalty hole; the lack of scoring is concerning (Moreno and Marshall matter esp. here, I think), but I'll wait to deliver my judgment until the games actually count.

broncolife
08-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Ortons Longest passes in the air, I think 1 of these was called back. (counting yards behind line of scrimmage)9 11 15 10,10,10
20 yard fade into the endzone incomplete pass to scheff,
23 yard wideopen incomplete pass to scheff,
20 yard incomplete pass to Urlacher

rastaman
08-30-2009, 11:51 PM

How about "McDisaster"!!!:~ohyah!:

KevinJames
08-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh how original someone makes another I told you so thread.

BroncoMan4ever
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM

thank you for noticing that. we throw a good amount of screens, but Orton was also throwing down the field. we aren't going deep but he was putting throws 10-15 yards down field.

Merlin
08-31-2009, 12:16 AM
the offense looks like it could be decent
In what league. This offence has stunk so far. As for the apologists, many here were saying that there would not be that much of a loss in going to Orton. And the true Morons even argued that Orton was better suited to lead this team (our point production has certainly improved). As to the lack of tools, Cutler had less options at the beginning of last yr (not to mention the OL had virtually no experience playing together), and accomplished far more. You can't have it both ways.

Lolad
08-31-2009, 07:13 AM

how can you say this offense looks decent and in the same paragraph say Orton looks tenative. He is rushing his throws for sure behind a wayyyy better OL.

gyldenlove
08-31-2009, 07:39 AM
How is this for a stat line, we have had 4 red zone possessions with Orton he has: 1 TD and 2 goal to go INTs and Prater has a FG.

For comparison, here is Cutler's stats in this offseason: 4 trips, Cutler has 2 TDs, Forte has 1 TD and Gould has a FG.