PDA

View Full Version : Props to the fans of the Denver Broncos

Popps
08-30-2009, 07:51 PM
To any fans that attended the game tonight, great job! Very proud to hear the fans out there rooting hard for the team through the tough times, and pitching hell at a guy who didn't want to be here.

As many have noted, this board never represents the fan-base, and tonight showed that with crystal-clear certainty.

Our fan-base is a die-hard, hardcore fan-base. Props to them for showing support through rocky times, and making a big statement about their love for the team tonight.

Fans aren't always supposed to be rational. They're supposed to be fanatics.

Proud of this team and its fan-base, and can't wait for the season to start.

Chris
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
True Colorado spirit!

Football isn't a democracy. Winging gets you nowhere. Cheering is everything. This is sport. It's entertainment. I'm going to have a lit of fun watching us this year.

Taco John
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I was confused by the reaction of the crowd during Cutler's touchdown. It sounded like half the stadium cheered and half of it booed.

crawdad
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
I am very proud to be a Bronco Fan

bpc
08-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey, go Broncos. I think we all want to watch them win. Whether we disagree with the course or not, the destination can not be in doubt. Just as long as we get there.

Cutler looked real good.

atomicbloke
08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Colorado fans dont really care about winning.

We want our players to be "nice" guys.... thats all

lostknight
08-30-2009, 08:16 PM
I am proud to be a Broncos fan. The Broncos's front office and current Coach? Not looking so smart.

Mr.Meanie
08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Got to agree, the fans were loud and proud. Awesome!

tnedator
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I hope Invesco is that loud when teams that don't have Cutler as the QB come to town.

bronco militia
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
it was a pre-season game so at least half of the regular season ticket holders were not there.

the **** will hit the fan if this continues in the regular season

Sassy
08-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Less than 3 weeks!!!

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I am proud to be a Broncos fan. The Broncos's front office and current Coach? Not looking so smart.

The announcers (particularly Collinsworth) were downright brutal in their criticism... it was clear that they also think McD might be in over his head.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-30-2009, 08:24 PM
To any fans that attended the game tonight, great job! Very proud to hear the fans out there rooting hard for the team through the tough times, and pitching hell at a guy who wasn't want here.

As many have noted, this board never represents the fan-base, and tonight showed that with crystal-clear certainty.

Our fan-base is a die-hard, hardcore fan-base. Props to them for showing support through rocky times, and making a big statement about their love for the team tonight.

Fixed it for you.

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
OH... and for the record, I do agree 100% with Collinsworth's take that what McDaniels/Bowlen should have done with Cutler is to tell him there would be no trade; that the only way out was retirement and that choosing that option meant that he would retire a Bronco. Had they called his bluff (instead of acting equally infantile as Jay), we would still have an above average QB.

lex
08-30-2009, 08:36 PM
To any fans that attended the game tonight, great job! Very proud to hear the fans out there rooting hard for the team through the tough times, and pitching hell at a guy who didn't want to be here.

Yeah, too bad they were made to look like fools.

footstepsfrom#27
08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I think every NFL team's fans boo when a player gets traded under these circumstances.

Boobs McGee
08-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, too bad they were made to look like fools.

seriously dude, just shut the fcuk up and go root for the team who's city you live in. fcukin A

DivineLegion
08-30-2009, 08:41 PM
The announcers (particularly Collinsworth) were downright brutal in their criticism... it was clear that they also think McD might be in over his head.

You mean the same Chris Collinsworth that has made it very known that he is a die hard Chargers fan...:thumbs:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-30-2009, 08:44 PM
OH... and for the record, I do agree 100% with Collinsworth's take that what McDaniels/Bowlen should have done with Cutler is to tell him there would be no trade; that the only way out was retirement and that choosing that option meant that he would retire a Bronco. Had they called his bluff (instead of acting equally infantile as Jay), we would still have an above average QB.

ditto

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 08:51 PM
You mean the same Chris Collinsworth that has made it very known that he is a die hard Chargers fan...:thumbs:

The same Cris Collinsworth who is a total and complete Bengals homer. It seems to me that I do remember him as being one of the first announcers (on Inside the NFL) who gave the Broncos any respect back in '96 or so...

Popps
08-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Got to agree, the fans were loud and proud. Awesome!

Yep.

Proud to hear those fans out there tonight. Things aren't always easy, and true Broncos fans have been through enough to know that.

Those fans weren't out there rooting for the team with provisions and caveats, they were rabid, fanatical fans.

I loved it.

This is going to be a fun team to root for.

Florida_Bronco
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree 100% Popps! Glad to see Mile High so ****ing loud that the douchebag couldn't even hear the signals.

Props to our defense for making Cutler look like a total bitch until they backed off the pressure on that final drive.

TheDave
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
100% agree, Fans did their job.

So did the defense... I wish to hell the offense followed one of them.

yerner
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
0-3.

Popps
08-30-2009, 09:36 PM

Yea, I'm more concerned with the running game at the moment. I think we're going to need time to get these guys used to running a different blocking scheme. Surprised they're not working in more of a hybrid, like they talked about. Or, maybe they are... and Chicago just played the run well.

To me, it looks like an offense that's moving the ball and doing some good things, but just not there yet. It's not as if there are no flashes of a good offense. We'll see. Moreno would be nice to have in there and I still think Hillis needs more carries.

Los Broncos
08-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Times are a little tough right now, but proud to be a Broncos fan.

DivineBronco
08-30-2009, 09:41 PM
ok really with the lex........how does he take himself seriously.......he needs his own reality show.....yay for the fans tonight and yay for jay culter getting attacked by a wild animal on the way home and losing a leg.......GOOO FANS

BroncoDoug
08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
I lost my voice after the first 2 drives... Its preseason for me booing too...

24champ
08-30-2009, 09:47 PM

Fans were great, but during the tailgates and talking with fans during the game...it's split 50/50 about trading Cutler. I don't think anyone was impressed with this Broncos squad at the end of the game.

Still a lot of things to work on, and that will take time.

kamakazi_kal
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
yeahhh.... sweet thread. They kind of booed the first drive ....... support that front office so we can call you fans.....yeahhhhhh

put it back in your pants son.... nobody wants to see it.

Boobs McGee
08-30-2009, 10:18 PM
yeahhh.... sweet thread. They kind of booed the first drive ....... support that front office so we can call you fans.....yeahhhhhh

put it back in your pants son.... nobody wants to see it.

my buddies said the crowd booed every time cutler came on or off the field, for the duration of his play.

Sounded pretty ****ing righteous to me!

RMT
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
0-3.

so - the lions were 4-0 last year ... how did that work out for them?

Popps
08-30-2009, 10:36 PM
my buddies said the crowd booed every time cutler came on or off the field, for the duration of his play.

That's what was hysterical about it... it was just relentless.

Again, no question where the true fan-base stands after tonight. I loved it. Rational or not.

RMT
08-30-2009, 10:37 PM

i was there - it was LOUD DISPLEASURE every time cutler stepped on the field; he was booed when there were shots of him on the jumbotrons.

kamakazi_kal
08-30-2009, 10:51 PM
That's what was hysterical about it... it was just relentless.

Again, no question where the true fan-base stands after tonight. I loved it. Rational or not.

I'm a true fan.... I'm truly pissed we didn't play hardball with cutler like we are with marshall.

you get rid of those two and your "team" looks less then average .... you NEED players to "play" a game. This preseason has shown "systems" don't make scrubs players.

Boobs McGee
08-30-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm a true fan.... I'm truly pissed we didn't play hardball with cutler like we are with marshall.

you get rid of those two and your "team" looks less then average .... you NEED players to "play" a game. This preseason has shown "systems" don't make scrubs players.

Sorry dude, but I just can't pass judgement till we get some actual games under our belt, and the team has had enough time to really figure out the "system".

It is just the preseason.

For me, anyway, i'm going to stay optimistic till about the third week of the regular season. If we still look like we aren't figuring things out, I'll start sharpening my knife and busting out some ketchup.

Bronco Yoda
08-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I loved me some orange uni's tonight!

Popps
08-30-2009, 10:58 PM
For me, anyway, i'm going to stay optimistic till about the third week of the regular season. .

You don't have to apologize for being optimistic, man. That's what fans do.
What you see around here isn't typical of anything.

I agree... let's see what happens on the field. I like most of what we've done, and some of it we didn't have much control over. I think we'll be better for it in the long-run. But, we need to get at least a half-season under our belt before we can truly know if we're making progress, imo.

Either way, I'm in it for the long haul. So, if people want to jump ship... jump away.

Boobs McGee
08-30-2009, 11:04 PM

I agree... let's see what happens on the field. I like most of what we've done, and some of it we didn't have much control over. I think we'll be better for it in the long-run. But, we need to get at least a half-season under our belt before we can truly know if we're making progress, imo.

Either way, I'm in it for the long haul. So, if people want to jump ship... jump away.

that's probly a better way to look at it. Regardless, I'm with ya. I think that long term we're going in exactly the right direction.

I've finally come to grips with the possibility we might not be winning the superbowl this year, but I still have high hopes ;D

Seriously though, it's ABOUT ****ING TIME the season got here.

LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:12 PM

How could it not be?

You have this idea that if you repeat something over and over again, it magically becomes true.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-30-2009, 11:16 PM
I was confused by the reaction of the crowd during Cutler's touchdown. It sounded like half the stadium cheered and half of it booed.

ummmmm.... did you see the number of bears fans.

There were zero Quitler supporters by my count

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:19 PM

No dude, see... things are bad. Fans hate the Broncos. Taco owns this site, so he must know. He told us the team was "torn apart."

Of course, his site was also banned from Broncos premises.... so do with that what you will.

Those deafening boos you heard for Cutler all night were actually people booing McDaniels!

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:20 PM

No, I couldn't get a good sense of how many bears fans were in the stands from the television and the excitement going on at my place with family around for my son's birthday party.

I just heard that wierd reaction during his touchdown, and was suprised at what an odd mix of booing and cheering it was.

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:23 PM
No dude, see... things are bad. Fans hate the Broncos. Taco owns this site, so he must know. He told us the team was "torn apart."

Of course, his site was also banned from Broncos premises.... so do with that what you will.

Those deafening boos you heard for Cutler all night were actually people booing McDaniels!

You're an odd duck. I didn't tell you the team has been torn apart. We were all able to witness that without my intervention at all. I have said that the fan base is torn apart. You can witness that for yourselves too on any Broncos forum or tailgate. I have nothing to do with it.

We haven't bee "banned from the Broncos premises." Our guys showed up for practices, despite our disagreement with their PR folks.

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:24 PM
No, I couldn't get a good sense of how many bears fans were in the stands from the television and the excitement going on at my place with family around for my son's birthday party.

I just heard that wierd reaction during his touchdown, and was suprised at what an odd mix of booing and cheering it was.

"Cutler thought it might be a mixed reaction... that wasn't mixed..."

-Al Michaels

You keep harping though, Taco. It must have killed you to see a unified fan-base rooting for the team like that.

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:26 PM

By the way... Do you not see how you're just like Lex? The difference is that Lex focuses his posts on the Broncos, and you focus your posts on me. But all things considered, you're energy is just as negative as his. You both offer a similar negative vibration to this forum.

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
"Cutler thought it might be a mixed reaction... that wasn't mixed..."

-Al Michaels

You keep harping though, Taco. It must have killed you to see a unified fan-base rooting for the team like that.

Harping? I wasn't harping on anything. I was merely making an observation and hoping someone who knew something might offer an explination.

Instead, I got you.

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Harping? I wasn't harping on anything. I was merely making an observation and hoping someone who knew something might offer an explination.

Instead, I got you.

Michaels offered a very simple explanation for you. Broncos fans love the team and wanted Cutler's head on a stick.

Works for me.

DHallblows
08-30-2009, 11:30 PM
I hope Invesco is that loud when teams that don't have Cutler as the QB come to town.

That's the key :thumbsup: More than likely it won't continue when we face teams we don't give a **** about like (going down the schedule): Browns, Cowboys, Steelers and Giants. It'll be 50,50 on fans for the Steelers game, too. Mile High is castrated.
I was very proud of my fellow fans tonight at the game however. Well all booed the night away!!! As far as I saw there was only Cutler cheering from Bears fans.
Btw, has anyone else noticed that the selection of Bears jerseys you see people wearing around is limited to Urlacher and.....Urlacher ROFL! Apparently he's the only good player to ever play for them...

UberBroncoMan
08-30-2009, 11:34 PM

Everyone in the booth (including Harrison) agreed on two things.

The Cutler trade was unfathomably stupid.

Marshall is a douche who needs to grow the **** up.

footstepsfrom#27
08-30-2009, 11:36 PM
The fans of any NFL team...in fact probably any sports franchise...will boo a player they don't like who used to be their team. Even fickle Cowboy fans will do that.

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Michaels offered a very simple explanation for you. Broncos fans love the team and wanted Cutler's head on a stick.

Works for me.

I didn't catch the very beginning of the game, but I'm assuming that you're talking about Cutler's introductory plays. I was talking about the odd crowd reaction after his touchdown. Don't you get it? I was perplexed by the cheering mixed in with the booing. I expected nothing but booing. Michaels explination for how Cutler was received when he came onto the field doesn't shed much light on the subject.

Why don't you put your hate away for awhile? I don't know why you insist on wearing hate on your sleeve, but it doesn't serve you all that well, honestly. It just makes you come off as sounding a little off kilter.

There's plenty of middle ground in this thing. You don't really have to be the polar reflection of Lex. Let someone else take up that mantle. Get off the crazy train.

footstepsfrom#27
08-30-2009, 11:37 PM

Instead, I got you.
:rofl:

BroncoDoug
08-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I didn't catch the very beginning of the game, but I'm assuming that you're talking about Cutler's introductory plays. I was talking about the odd crowd reaction after his touchdown. Don't you get it? I was perplexed by the cheering mixed in with the booing. I expected nothing but booing. Michaels explination for how Cutler was received when he came onto the field doesn't shed much light on the subject.

Why don't you put your hate away for awhile? I don't know why you insist on wearing hate on your sleeve, but it doesn't serve you all that well, honestly. It just makes you come off as sounding a little off kilter.

There's plenty of middle ground in this thing. You don't really have to be the polar reflection of Lex. Let someone else take up that mantle. Get off the crazy train.

I was there, and there were a **** ton of bears fans there. People, stop selling your tickets to opposing teams fans! This is Invesco at Mile High, not Soldier Field West!!

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Don't you get it? I was perplexed by the cheering mixed in with the booing. .

Here's how it works, man.

When guys score... you can't really boo. Crowds tend to be silent when opposing teams score unless they showboat, which Cutler didn't. Fans boo on drives, etc. to get under players' skin.

There were a notable number of Bears fans there, apparently. So, Broncos fans silent due to score plus Bears fans cheering. There you have it.

Crazy, huh?

Or, maybe it's that Broncos fans turned on the team! Wouldn't you wet your pants!!

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:42 PM
I was there, and there were a **** ton of bears fans there. People, stop selling your tickets to opposing teams fans! This is Invesco at Mile High, not Soldier Field West!!

See, wow. A perfectly rational explination from someone who was there and could actually explain the phenomenon instead of pretending that it didn't even happen.

Thanks Doug.

lex

I actually have not been totally negative. But I like how you use me to position yourself though. Ive been far more complimentary of some things than Popps has been critical of anything. Its just that when I am critical, its like electrical clamps on nipples.

DHallblows

Seriously. I'm not looking forward to going to the Steelers and Cowboys games...
But this WAS preseason for what it's worth. I'd have sold my tickets for these 2 games if I wasn't lazy Ha!

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:44 PM
I
There's plenty of middle ground in this thing. .

Agree. You've represented none of it, and you cater to those who trash the franchise. Right, gutless!? 15" aids-cactus up the ass for Bowlen? Anything else you'd like to throw out there as "middle ground" for us to learn from?

I'm fine having rational discussions about the pros and cons of what we're seeing out there. Even a fiery guy like Rev and I can calm down enough to discuss X's and O's.

But, there's a difference between that and you stroking Broncos-haters who spam your board because it adds up to a few extra posts for Google Ads or some BS.

Again, I'm perfectly happy to admit I have a fan-bias. I don't need to prove 100% objectivity at all times, or trash a legendary owner like Bowlen because the team made a move I don't like.

BroncoDoug
08-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Seriously. I'm not looking forward to going to the Steelers and Cowboys games...
But this WAS preseason for what it's worth. I'd have sold my tickets for these 2 games if I wasn't lazy Ha!

yea you have a point, If i could sell my preseason tickets I probably would too. Its going to be sickening at the steelers game and all those damn terrible towels :(

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:46 PM
I cater to Broncos fans. Why else are you here?

Casper Bronco
08-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Here's how it works, man.

When guys score... you can't really boo. Crowds tend to be silent when opposing teams score unless they showboat, which Cutler didn't. Fans boo on drives, etc. to get under players' skin.

There were a notable number of Bears fans there, apparently. So, Broncos fans silent due to score plus Bears fans cheering. There you have it.

Crazy, huh?

Or, maybe it's that Broncos fans turned on the team! Wouldn't you wet your pants!!

Dude, it sounded like 75-85% percent of the stadium was cheering on that touchdown throw. Go watch it again. How many people do you think are really true Bronco fans? Of course they are going to Boo him really loud at the beginning of the game. That's what they are suppose to do. Most fans are robots

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
See, wow. A perfectly rational explination from someone

Sure, boss. You keep telling us about being rational. The guy that called his user-base idiots for discussing Shanahan's potential firing the day before he was fired... and then called our great owner a Gutless Drunk because you were made to look so stupid with your aloof speech you dropped on the forum.
It all ends up with your site being banned from Broncos media coverage.

But, yea... you're the king of cool, kid. Keep telling us about middle ground and rational.

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:50 PM
I cater to Broncos fans. Why else are you here?

Because the better sites folded, and there are still a few great fans you haven't chased out of this place, yet.

DHallblows
08-30-2009, 11:52 PM
yea you have a point, If i could sell my preseason tickets I probably would too. Its going to be sickening at the steelers game and all those damn terrible towels :(

It won't be AFCCG bad, but still. I can confidently say my family's season tickets have never been sold to an opposing team's fan. it's the least I could do :giggle:

Taco John
08-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Sure, boss. You keep telling us about being rational. The guy that called his user-base idiots for discussing Shanahan's potential firing the day before he was fired... and then called our great owner a Gutless Drunk because you were made to look so stupid with your aloof speech you dropped on the forum.
It all ends up with your site being banned from Broncos media coverage.

But, yea... you're the king of cool, kid. Keep telling us about middle ground and rational.

I will.

I'm not afraid to admit my shortcomings. I made a mistake and took Bowlen at his word when he said Shanahan was a coach for life. Further, I think he made a huge mistake. I was emotional about it, and I slammed him with the information that I had. I wish I'd have kept my cool, but I have no real regrets over the thing. It happened. I'm not necessarily proud of it, but I can't say that I blame myself either. It is what it is, and I accept it for what it is. It's not bad. It's not good. It just is.

But that said, I've got a long estabilished history of being fair-minded on this forum, despite my emotional outburst at Bowlen. Some pop-off like you isn't going to change that.

Popps
08-30-2009, 11:57 PM
But that said, I've got a long estabilished history of being fair-minded on this forum. Some pop-off like you isn't going to change that.

Yea, well... you don't have much more history here than me, sport.

Regardless, this was a thread praising the fans out there tonight. I wouldn't assume you'd want to join in, so at least quit ****ting on the thread.

Taco John
08-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Yea, well... you don't have much more history here than me, sport.

Regardless, this was a thread praising the fans out there tonight. I wouldn't assume you'd want to join in, so at least quit ****ting on the thread.

Yeah I know. This thread was your attempt to put a wedge in the fan base here. That's what you do. That's the energy that you bring to this forum. Your job here is to rile up the Lex's of this forum and push them into an argument - at which point you deliver it. You didn't really get that desired effect, but what you did get was me questioning the crowd reaction to that TD. Since nobody else was here to push against, and since really your Broncos world seems to revolve around me and the positions that I'm taking, you did what came naturally to you.

Let's be real. This isn't a thread to praise Broncos fans. This is a thread to pick a fight. That's what you do. That's the energy that you have always brought to this forum. You specialize in picking fights.

Taco John
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
And while we're being real... The real reason that you're on this forum is because you'd be banned for your act on any other forum.

So criticize away. But don't think that I don't know the score between us.

Popps
08-31-2009, 12:06 AM
And while we're being real... The real reason that you're on this forum is because you'd be banned for your act on any other forum.

So criticize away. But don't think that I don't know the score between us.

My act?

Rooting for the team?

Never been banned in my life, Taco. I don't do anything ban'able. You know that perfectly well.

Correcting your silly football takes isn't grounds for a ban.

As for the "score" between us, there's no score needed. You've chosen to take an anti-team stance, which is your right. But, just don't ask me to chime in.

Popps
08-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah I know. This thread was your attempt to put a wedge in the fan base here. .

Really, man? Seems to me by reading my rep that a lot of people out there feel the same way.

Not everyone is a disconnected, finicky fan, Taco. Some people thought tonight's fans were great. I'm one of them.

Naturally, you didn't.

Taco John
08-31-2009, 12:10 AM
Haha... I've taken an "anti-team" stance.

ROFL

Which stance is that? I've been nothing but patient and lenient with Josh since the draft waiting for the product on the field before making any judgement. Anyone can search through my posts and see what a liar you are.

BroncoDoug
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM
It won't be AFCCG bad, but still. I can confidently say my family's season tickets have never been sold to an opposing team's fan. it's the least I could do :giggle:

Yeah, nothing was as bad as that game, and I thank you for helping keep opposing fans out!

footstepsfrom#27
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Because the better sites folded, and there are still a few great fans you haven't chased out of this place, yet.
You're an idiot. Nobody's "chased" anybody out of here, and if people are so thin skinned they can't handle hearing an opposing view then they ought to leave anyway. What "better" sites have folded BTW?

24champ
08-31-2009, 12:14 AM
http://www.wineberserkers.com/images/smilies/1974_eating_popcorn.gif

Popps vs Taco an OM classic.

Popps
08-31-2009, 12:15 AM

God bless you.

^5

lex
08-31-2009, 12:17 AM
My act?

Rooting for the team?

Never been banned in my life, Taco. I don't do anything ban'able. You know that perfectly well.

As for the "score" between us, there's no score needed. You've chosen to take an anti-team stance, which is your right. But, just don't ask me to chime in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/SumoMatch.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/G-rodan-.jpg

Blueflame
08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Everyone in the booth (including Harrison) agreed on two things.

The Cutler trade was unfathomably stupid.

Marshall is a douche who needs to grow the **** up.

Had the front office played things differently with Cutler, we wouldn't be facing the same damn thing with Marshall. But the precedent has already been set... Cutler got what he wanted. So why wouldn't Marshall...and his agent... follow suit? ???

Popps
08-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Uh ohhh....

Mopey Mafia time.

Williams
08-31-2009, 12:43 AM
It was indeed a great thing to see the fans unite against cutler. The cameras couldnt get a steady shot the first two or three bear drives. Too bad Goodman couldnt get his hands around what looked to be a sure-thing pick 6. The place would've erupted.

Kudos to the Bronco fans out there tonight. :thumbs:

Blueflame
08-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Uh ohhh....

Mopey Mafia time.

It was a pretty common theme among the commentators... how McDaniels blew it bigtime by trading Cutler... and that was the precedent that brings us to the current Marshall situation.

Had they chosen to "play hardball" with Cutler... there would be no discussion of whether or not to "play hardball" with Marshall...

SureShot
08-31-2009, 01:53 AM
I find hilarious when someone pulls out the "truefan" card out on Taco. What the hell have you done for the Broncos or Bronco fans Popps, besides never go to a game and break down "film" on your Mac?

I have your new avy when/ if we get them back.

http://smartleah.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/haveana-flipflop-gold.jpg

Vegas_Bronco
08-31-2009, 02:02 AM
I like how Denver fans don't put up with bull.shiat - kind of an old west attitude and I love the demands put on the QB position. heee heee.

CEH
08-31-2009, 05:59 AM
See, wow. A perfectly rational explination from someone who was there and could actually explain the phenomenon instead of pretending that it didn't even happen.

Thanks Doug.

I've been a season ticket holder since 95 and I don't remeber a game were the opposing fan base numbered my guess 35% of the crowd.
There were so many fans from Chicago half the time when they showed the crowd on the scoreboard it was a Bears fan since the jerseys are practically the same color.

The parking lot was drenched in Bears jersey. Not suprised as alot of mid westerners move to Denver.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 06:52 AM
I was there. Top level, North stands, right between the goalposts. And you know what? I haven't heard Invesco this loud. Not ever.

It sounded like Old Mile High.

Seems to me that the comfort of the Shanahan days spread to the fans as well. The wine and cheese crowd, the folks having conversations in the stands... all of that... all of it was gone.

I loved being a part of it. Unlike some of you naysayers, I'm still very proud to be a Broncos fan.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-31-2009, 06:52 AM
Had the front office played things differently with Cutler, we wouldn't be facing the same damn thing with Marshall. But the precedent has already been set... Cutler got what he wanted. So why wouldn't Marshall...and his agent... follow suit? ???

Definitely cry about it.

For a moderator, you certainly have a tough time staying on topic.

55CrushEm
08-31-2009, 07:00 AM
I actually have not been totally negative. But I like how you use me to position yourself though. Ive been far more complimentary of some things than Popps has been critical of anything. Its just that when I am critical, its like electrical clamps on nipples.

LOL. You're a total douchbag prick.....but that was pretty funny. :rofl:

55CrushEm
08-31-2009, 07:05 AM
My act?

Rooting for the team?

Like Batman and the Joker....."I don't want to kill you. What would I do without you?!?!.....I think you and I are destined to do this forever...." :giggle:

:TJnPopps:

~Crash~
08-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Yep.

Proud to hear those fans out there tonight. Things aren't always easy, and true Broncos fans have been through enough to know that.

Those fans weren't out there rooting for the team with provisions and caveats, they were rabid, fanatical fans.

I loved it.

This is going to be a fun team to root for.

fan police lol

~Crash~
08-31-2009, 07:18 AM
It was a pretty common theme among the commentators... how McDaniels blew it bigtime by trading Cutler... and that was the precedent that brings us to the current Marshall situation.

Had they chosen to "play hardball" with Cutler... there would be no discussion of whether or not to "play hardball" with Marshall...

it only gets worse if you think Cutler was 3 day from having to report .

DHallblows
08-31-2009, 07:27 AM
I was there. Top level, North stands, right between the goalposts. And you know what? I haven't heard Invesco this loud. Not ever.

It sounded like Old Mile High.

Seems to me that the comfort of the Shanahan days spread to the fans as well. The wine and cheese crowd, the folks having conversations in the stands... all of that... all of it was gone.

I loved being a part of it. Unlike some of you naysayers, I'm still very proud to be a Broncos fan.

Eh, you clearly weren't at the 2 playoff games in 2005

ScottXray
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM

If only the commentators had their facts straight!

It was BOWLEN that decided to dump He Who Shall Not Be Named. Our coach and Xanders then did what they had been told to do by the owner.

It sucks that Bowlen made that decision, but once made, what is the rookie HC supposed to do? Sure he should have tried to talk him out of it....
But this owner had just dumped a coach that had been here for 14 years for thinking that HE owned the team.

Now there are reports that the owner was going to let BM go too. And apparently the coach put his foot down and said " We can't do that.
We have to force him to stay, no matter what it takes."

It was dumb, but it was not the coaches decision. Someone should clue the
commentators in about it. But since that doesn't make good "copy" they ripped on how stupid McDaniels was in allowing it.

lazarus4444
08-31-2009, 09:09 AM

And we would have had a qb pulling in the opposite direction of the team. Cutler didn't have the right attitude to be on this TEAM, simple as that. He is happy being worshiped as a god in CHI....Hell, he is still worshiped here as a God by some people, but whatever floats their boat. I'm glad that the whiny, petulant emo is gone. Chicago will see what they have as soon as something doesn't go right for him and baby jay comes out to play...

lazarus4444
08-31-2009, 09:12 AM

And we didn't have scrubs last year? I fully expect to see a better product on the field this year, even without cutler and marshall. What will that say about shanahan then?

jhns
08-31-2009, 09:19 AM
And we would have had a qb pulling in the opposite direction of the team. Cutler didn't have the right attitude to be on this TEAM, simple as that. He is happy being worshiped as a god in CHI....Hell, he is still worshiped here as a God by some people, but whatever floats their boat. I'm glad that the whiny, petulant emo is gone. Chicago will see what they have as soon as something doesn't go right for him and baby jay comes out to play...

Get over yourself. No player on this team would ever be your friend. Some of us are fans of football here and we are fans of the football team the denver broncos. Those of you that think this is a dateing service need to move on.

I would rather have a good football team with immature players (like our SB teams) than this crappy football social club we are trying to start now. Then again, like I said, I became a fan of the broncos because of football.

What kind of little girls have taken over this fan base? Since when did dumb athletes need to be great socially to play football?

lazarus4444
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
By the way... Do you not see how you're just like Lex? The difference is that Lex focuses his posts on the Broncos, and you focus your posts on me. But all things considered, you're energy is just as negative as his. You both offer a similar negative vibration to this forum.

Popps energy is way better than lex. Sometimes i think lex truly wants the team to fail so he'll be right. Popps gets what is going on with mcdaniels and this first year is going to be painful. But, we're going to turn into the borg and be a force to reckon with.

The mcd haters do not understand what is going on yet but that is ok. Your energy is waaaay better than lex taco. I understand where you are coming from and you have a right to be tired and frusterated to see a team you've watched for 14 years be burned down to ashes and its "star" players be burned at the stake. But, you will see my friend, very soon, why certain personalities (prima donna types, me first types) will not fit with this system.

Lets all channel our energy into the Broncos doing well. To orton being accurate, buckhalter with speed, weapon x flying around the field and champ regaining his stature. Lets manifest the d-line being top 10 and the defense as a whole flying around and kicking ass. Most importantly to me though, is that we finish games strong and don't lay down anymore in the 4th quarter (yes, the pre-season hasn't looked good but the scrubs play most of the 2nd half, we were in every game when the starters left the field). If we can accomplish not quitting then this team is definitly headed in the right direction.

Popps
08-31-2009, 09:31 AM
fan police lol

Oh, no fan police, bro. You can be a ****ty fan if you want to.

;)

Popps
08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
I would rather have a good football team with immature players (like our SB teams) than this crappy football social club we are trying to start now. Then again, like I said, I became a fan of the broncos because of football.

What kind of little girls have taken over this fan base? Since when did dumb athletes need to be great socially to play football?

No one said it was a social club.

The concept here is that character teams are often winning teams. We've spent the last few years coddling guys like Walker, Henry and other slobs. Forgive the fans if they're seeing guys like Dawkins, Smith, Royal and others as talented players that are also feel good to root for.

lex
08-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Oh, no fan police, bro. You can be a ****ty fan if you want to.

;)

It has more to do with not being a sheep than it does being a ****ty fan.

jhns
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
No one said it was a social club.

The concept here is that character teams are often winning teams. We've spent the last few years coddling guys like Walker, Henry and other slobs. Forgive the fans if they're seeing guys like Dawkins, Smith, Royal and others as talented players that are also feel good to root for.

We had many immature players when we won our SBs and set a record for most wins in a 3 season span. The pats have me-first type players that they have dealt with and won 3 SBs. In fact, why don't you point out this winning team that doesn't have these players.

You are all a bunch of women. Yes a player like rod is more fun to root for. So root for them and buy there stuff. I still don't see why we have to have a socially superior team. No winning team has ever been run like that. This is supposed to be a tough sport and you guys are afraid that cocky players could hurt someones feelings. What a joke.

BoiseBluTurf
08-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Popps and Lex, I have been sitting on the side lines watching you go back and forth since the Cutler trade went down. What I never questioned about either of you is your love/fandom of the Denver Broncos.

Popps... you do realize that hate is closer to love than indifference... if Lex and other FANS just like him didn't care about the Broncos or weren't fans of the Broncos they wouldn't be so fired up about how they see current state of the Denver Broncos. Yet you continue to question his/there fandom? I don't get it... you claim to be objective but there is nothing objective or logical in that stance.

Do you think that Taco or Lex would be pissed off is they perceived the trade making the Broncos a better team??? Speaking as a guy that sides with them on the whole situation (full disclosure), I would guess the answer is NO!

I'm a huge Bronco fan... I have watched them since 78... no... I'm not suggesting we get out a measuring stick and compare the amount of time we have been fans... I'm just giving you a little back ground before I make my next statement.... I hate the way the Cutler trade went down... I hate that we let Cutler talk his way out of town... I'm pissed at Cutler... I was booing him last night in my living room! BUT... that doesn't mean that I'm not pissed at the front office and more specifically McDaniel's and Bowlen... any guy that knows a lick about football... and you do, knows that the Broncos are took a step back wards with this trade! They got into a pissing match and let their egos make (in my opinion) the wrong decision...

That being said... believe it or not... I still turn on the TV when the Broncos play... I still yell at the TV when there is a good or a bad play It still makes my day when they win... it still ruins my week when they lose! I still come to the Mane every day to catch up on the latest rhetoric... I still got to the Denver Post on line to read the latest fluff piece... I do these things EVERY DAY!

In short... I'm still a huge Bronco fan that wears his emotions on his sleeves... how is it that because me and Lex have a different take on the Cutler debacle that we are any less of a fan than you? What gives you that right? Who made you the Webster of the Bronco fan base... Why do you get to define who is and isn't a Bronco fan?

That is all,

Michael

TailgateNut
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM

In my section there were quite few Bears fans. I'd guess 10-1 ratio.

Blueflame
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM

It was BOWLEN that decided to dump He Who Shall Not Be Named. Our coach and Xanders then did what they had been told to do by the owner.

It sucks that Bowlen made that decision, but once made, what is the rookie HC supposed to do? Sure he should have tried to talk him out of it....
But this owner had just dumped a coach that had been here for 14 years for thinking that HE owned the team.

Now there are reports that the owner was going to let BM go too. And apparently the coach put his foot down and said " We can't do that.

commentators in about it. But since that doesn't make good "copy" they ripped on how stupid McDaniels was in allowing it.
The point still is valid that if "management" (Bowlen/McDaniels/Xanders) had not responded to Cutler's petulance with a hissy fit of their own... had instead treated it dispassionately like a business... the trade could have been avoided. Pat became angry and "cut off his nose to spite his face"... and ended up hurting his team more than a pouty QB ever could have. IMHO.

What motivation could he possibly have had for doing that? It would have been in his best interests personally... as well as professionally... to help the team succeed. And in the meantime, with both Simms and Orton dinged up... the Broncos are not looking intimidating at the QB position. At all. I'd take whiny and athletically-gifted over below-average and/or inexperienced any day.

Sir_Robin
08-31-2009, 01:00 PM
I've been a season ticket holder since 95 and I don't remeber a game were the opposing fan base numbered my guess 35% of the crowd.
There were so many fans from Chicago half the time when they showed the crowd on the scoreboard it was a Bears fan since the jerseys are practically the same color.

The parking lot was drenched in Bears jersey. Not suprised as alot of mid westerners move to Denver.

I'm betting a decent portion of those Bears fans were Broncos fans a few months ago.

Popps
08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Popps and Lex, I have been sitting on the side lines watching you go back and forth since the Cutler trade went down. What I never questioned about either of you is your love/fandom of the Denver Broncos.

Popps... you do realize that hate is closer to love than indifference... if Lex and other FANS just like him didn't care about the Broncos or weren't fans of the Broncos they wouldn't be so fired up about how they see current state of the Denver Broncos. Yet you continue to question his/there fandom? I don't get it... you claim to be objective but there is nothing objective or logical in that stance.

Do you think that Taco or Lex would be pissed off is they perceived the trade making the Broncos a better team??? Speaking as a guy that sides with them on the whole situation (full disclosure), I would guess the answer is NO!

I'm a huge Bronco fan... I have watched them since 78... no... I'm not suggesting we get out a measuring stick and compare the amount of time we have been fans... I'm just giving you a little back ground before I make my next statement.... I hate the way the Cutler trade went down... I hate that we let Cutler talk his way out of town... I'm pissed at Cutler... I was booing him last night in my living room! BUT... that doesn't mean that I'm not pissed at the front office and more specifically McDaniel's and Bowlen... any guy that knows a lick about football... and you do, knows that the Broncos are took a step back wards with this trade! They got into a pissing match and let their egos make (in my opinion) the wrong decision...

That being said... believe it or not... I still turn on the TV when the Broncos play... I still yell at the TV when there is a good or a bad play It still makes my day when they win... it still ruins my week when they lose! I still come to the Mane every day to catch up on the latest rhetoric... I still got to the Denver Post on line to read the latest fluff piece... I do these things EVERY DAY!

In short... I'm still a huge Bronco fan that wears his emotions on his sleeves... how is it that because me and Lex have a different take on the Cutler debacle that we are any less of a fan than you? What gives you that right? Who made you the Webster of the Bronco fan base... Why do you get to define who is and isn't a Bronco fan?

That is all,

Michael

Michael,

Wonderfully written... but you're missing the point.

Being a fan is based on passion. So, if people are in here trashing the team in a way that's clearly not intended to be constructive.... passionate fans are going to counter-attack.

That's never going to change.

Popps
08-31-2009, 01:02 PM

Taco wants to hear that Broncos fans were rooting against the team. Just tell him that was the case so he can move on.

~Crash~
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Taco wants to hear that Broncos fans were rooting against the team. Just tell him that was the case so he can move on.

Thing is that might not play out . I think we win the west but he is right in the sense if we lose a tun of games the crowds will turn quickly.

BoiseBluTurf
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Michael,

Being a fan is based on passion. So, if people are in here trashing the team in a way that's clearly not intended to be constructive.... passionate fans are going to counter-attack.

And again... I ask you... and I mean no offense... What gives you the right to define what is constructive... its not like the front office is taking anything Lex or Taco says to heart... So... whats your defination of constructive... as I see it... If you as a poster are venting either positive or negative (and both will vary depending on point of view with each topic) and in that process making yourself feel better... you are being constructive.

jhns
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Michael,

The ones complaining are the ones being constructive. You supporters of mcdaniels are supporting something that is only hurting this team. You get mad at people who don't suppport what is bad for this team. It is sad.

This front office needs to go. Supporting something bad for the team is not being a true or better fan. In fact, I would say you are showing you really don't care about football. You just care about the conversations it starts and having something to do on weekends. It is the reason negaivity hurts you. The party isn't as much fun with negativity.

The people that care about this team are angry that the front office could make this many dumb mistakes. The entire world can see that this front office is doing far more harm than good. I really don't get why you would think supporting that makes you a better fan.

BroncoBuff
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Never been banned in my life, Taco. I don't do anything ban'able.

The phrase "anti-Broncos stance," oft repeated by you, is a big part of why you're the biggest a-hole here. You flame and insult anybody who disagrees with your angry, even furious, narrow-minded "rah rah" takes. This place would be better off without you.

Correcting your silly football takes isn't grounds for a ban. Silly? You're the silly bastard who keeps saying Ayers was the #1 D-lineman in the draft (he was the 5th chosen), that Champ's comments comparing Cutler to Elway were "vanilla" (a laughable take), and you completely abandoned your long-held principle that D-line must come first when you slobberingly defended the team not drafting D-linemen, save Ayers. You have no principles, other than slavish adherence to anything management does.

You seem intelligent, so must realize - as the rest of us do - that you skew reality to favor your narrow-minded rah-rah view. You're angry, condescending and insulting. I can't imagine you have any friends at all.

Popps
08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
And again... I ask you... and I mean no offense... What gives you the right to define what is constructive... its not like the front office is taking anything Lex .

Well, to be honest... no one takes Lex to heart. He's just a gnat on the ass of the forum.

And I agree, I'm not defining anything. It's not my job. I simply have my opinion. Some people agree, some people disagree.

This forum is heavily patrolled by a contingent of very disgruntled, sad people... so you're going to see a lot of bashing.

That's fine, it's a free country. I'm also free to call people on this bull****.

Again, to me... it's just very clear when constructive criticism is going on, and when people are on bash-agendas. But, that's just me. You're free to view Lex and other trolls however you'd like.

See, we can all have our opinions.

BoiseBluTurf
08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
And again... I ask you... and I mean no offense... What gives you the right to define what is constructive... its not like the front office is taking anything Lex or Taco says to heart... So... whats your defination of constructive... as I see it... If you as a poster are venting either positive or negative (and both will vary depending on point of view with each topic) and in that process making yourself feel better... you are being constructive.

Yes... I just quoted myself... let me add one more thing... if you are to afraid to say whats on your mind for fear of being attacked by Popps or other posters on his bandwagon... that is NOT constructive... again... in my opinion.

Rohirrim
08-31-2009, 01:13 PM

You can't tell anybody much of anything if they won't return your calls. ;D

Popps
08-31-2009, 01:13 PM
you are being constructive.

And by the way... you handle yourself well, and you wouldn't remotely be the target of ire from myself or any other more passionate fan around here.

Props for a civil approach.

Beyond all of that, this thread was just to give kudos to the fan-base out there last night. I love to see true fans gutting it out through hard times. It felt good to see the fans untied out there.

TailgateNut
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM

Well the mixed feeling are definately there amongst the regulars I ran into yesterday. Some hate the idea the Shanahan was terminated, some hate that Crybaby was sent on down the road, some hate McDaniels, some hate Orton and some hate the haters. A mixed bag.

Re: Taco. I didn't see any Bronco fans rooting for Cutler/ da Bears. I did see a few jersey bonfires and many Cutler is a ****ing baby tees and signs. The majority of bronco fans don't hate the front office as much as the ****ler.

Popps
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes... I just quoted myself... let me add one more thing... if you are to afraid to say whats on your mind for fear of being attacked by Popps or other posters on his bandwagon... that is NOT constructive... again... in my opinion.

See, you've definitely got it wrong, here though.

My rep is filled with people who don't want to challenge the Mopey Mafia around here. I just don't give a ****, so I'll profess my love for the team whether haters flame me or not. So, people tend to rep me because they just don't feel like challenging the controlling, negative forces around here.

You've got the right idea, you just have it inverted.

Bronco Yoda
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Yikes!

My neighbor is (was) a huge bear's fan. Fortunately they sold their house and moved the day before the game. Of course that didn't stop him from calling me from the road driving his stupid U-haul to throw one last Cutler dig at me about the game.

Rohirrim
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM

I was saying that out loud while watching that game last night. That's still my take on the whole deal: McD tried to patch it up and then he got a call from Pat who told him he was trading Cutler. Period. I think McD had to make the best he could from a pile of **** that was handed to him. I still don't think it was such an epic crime to look into getting Cassell. I noticed that now that Cutler got to go where he wanted to go all along, he suddenly agrees that "It's a business." He came to that conclusion recently, I guess.

Blueflame
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
You can't tell anybody much of anything if they won't return your calls. ;D

Telling his agent would have had the same effect as telling Cutler himself....

BoiseBluTurf
08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
See, you've definitely got it wrong, here though.

My rep is filled with people who don't want to challenge the Mopey Mafia around here. I just don't give a ****, so I'll profess my love for the team whether haters flame me or not. So, people tend to rep me because they just don't feel like challenging the controlling, negative forces around here.

You've got the right idea, you just have it inverted.

You are not defined by what others think of you... you are defined by what you do or say (Actions) To me, you are a very passionate Bronco fan that on occassion... not always... is clouded by emotion... but hey... which of us posters aren't?

rastaman
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM

Works for me.

If McD doesn't win, the fans will be asking for his head on a platter and Orton's head on a stick!!! :sunshine:

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM

Ok but then what do you do when he lollygags at practice. Without QB practicing hard no the rest of the offense can't practice.

What do you do then? Not all players as easy to suspend as Marshall. Hell the QB could just stop throwing the ball as well.

I agree we could have tried a little longer to see what Jay would do. It's all over now though. Rooting for the Broncos on Sundays is just part of my life. Has been since I was a little kid. IMO you support the guys on the team as long as they are playing hard. I call people out when they don't seem to be trying as hard as I would if I had that type of talent.

I don't see one Bronco player not trying hard, flying to the ball, running around, hitting etc etc. Also Mcdaniels seems to be working hard, organized, and the type of man who realizes he has to learn from his mistakes.

I already see a difference in how they are handling Marshall as to Cutler.

Sure this yr will be rocky, we lost a good QB, a great coach, but the one thing that should remain is love for the Broncos. We will have good times in the future but IMO how you act now says a lot about you as a fan.

Not saying which type is better, only that I think the type who supports hard working players will have more fun. Until I see a player dogging it IMO the coach is doing a good job.

Dawkins was out there trying to kill people. IMO that means he is fired up and believes in the defensive scheme. If the vets are playing hard the new kids will follow along.

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
If McD doesn't win, the fans will be asking for his head on a platter and Orton's head on a stick!!! :sunshine:

we haven't won anything for 2 yrs. IMO first yr is almost always a throwaway in an owners eyes. So really next yr would be first yr for him to face a lot of pressure to make playoffs. Then if he at least got close, like within a game or 2, I would think the 3rd yr assured.

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Blueflame what if Broncos forced Cutler to stay. Then Cutler only showed for mandatory camps and practices. Could a team be good with a qb who didn't show up to the offseason workouts that are voluntary?

IMO it would be tough to take that chance. Cutler probably a big enough jerk to not show to that stuff until he got his trade.

Blueflame
08-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Ok but then what do you do when he lollygags at practice. Without QB practicing hard no the rest of the offense can't practice.

What do you do then? Not all players as easy to suspend as Marshall. Hell the QB could just stop throwing the ball as well.

I agree we could have tried a little longer to see what Jay would do. It's all over now though. Rooting for the Broncos on Sundays is just part of my life. Has been since I was a little kid. IMO you support the guys on the team as long as they are playing hard. I call people out when they don't seem to be trying as hard as I would if I had that type of talent.

I don't see one Bronco player not trying hard, flying to the ball, running around, hitting etc etc. Also Mcdaniels seems to be working hard, organized, and the type of man who realizes he has to learn from his mistakes.

I already see a difference in how they are handling Marshall as to Cutler.

Sure this yr will be rocky, we lost a good QB, a great coach, but the one thing that should remain is love for the Broncos. We will have good times in the future but IMO how you act now says a lot about you as a fan.

Not saying which type is better, only that I think the type who supports hard working players will have more fun. Until I see a player dogging it IMO the coach is doing a good job.

Dawkins was out there trying to kill people. IMO that means he is fired up and believes in the defensive scheme. If the vets are playing hard the new kids will follow along.

There was really no reason to think Cutler would have dogged it in practice though... there would have been little or nothing to gain if he did. It just seems to me that keeping him would have been better for the team. He does have a skillset that's not easy to replace. Regardless of the offensive or defensive schemes, more-talented players do = a better team.

Popps
08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
we haven't won anything for 2 yrs. IMO first yr is almost always a throwaway in an owners eyes. So really next yr would be first yr for him to face a lot of pressure to make playoffs. Then if he at least got close, like within a game or 2, I would think the 3rd yr assured.

Exactly.

We've won one game of note in 10 seasons.

I think Pat might give his new staff a few games before doing anything irrational.

cutthemdown
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
There was really no reason to think Cutler would have dogged it in practice though... there would have been little or nothing to gain if he did. It just seems to me that keeping him would have been better for the team. He does have a skillset that's not easy to replace. Regardless of the offensive or defensive schemes, more-talented players do = a better team.

Cutler wasn't around for offseason stuff that wasn't mandatory. What makes you think he would have showed for that stuff ever, or done the extra hard work required of a QB. You know tons of extra work with coaches not mandated by your contract?

Cutler was acting like a lil baby and you can see no reasons, or warning signs in that to make you think it could have been a big problem.

In the end the best think for the team is always to get rid of players that don't want to be part of the team. Your way may have been better on the field this yr, but IMO a trainwreck waiting to happen at some point down the road. The type of thing that can ruin a team IMO.

Better to do it this yr rather then have to tag him and deal with him not signing and missing OTA's etc etc.

without the QB at OTAS you are totally screwed. Thats when you install your offense.

rastaman
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM

Let's not fool ourselves McD's main delimma will be who QB's the Broncos over the next 3 years. QB's like Orton will become a big disappointment. McD will need to acquire his own Brady-type Franchise QB.

Blueflame
08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Cutler wasn't around for offseason stuff that wasn't mandatory. What makes you think he would have showed for that stuff ever, or done the extra hard work required of a QB. You know tons of extra work with coaches not mandated by your contract?

Cutler was acting like a lil baby and you can see no reasons, or warning signs in that to make you think it could have been a big problem.

In the end the best think for the team is always to get rid of players that don't want to be part of the team. Your way may have been better on the field this yr, but IMO a trainwreck waiting to happen at some point down the road. The type of thing that can ruin a team IMO.

Better to do it this yr rather then have to tag him and deal with him not signing and missing OTA's etc etc.

without the QB at OTAS you are totally screwed. Thats when you install your offense.

Um... yes he was in the office... trying to learn the new offense and familiarize himself with the new coaching staff... when he didn't have to be. That fact was what put the huge knot in his undies when he found out that his name had come up in trade discussions. He could have been off on vacation or spending time with his family (like most NFL players were) instead of wasting his time.

Popps
08-31-2009, 10:49 PM
He could have been off on vacation or spending time with his family (like most NFL players were) instead of wasting his time.

McDaniels saw an opportunity to acquire a QB he knows had great success in his system. He could have started and been effective immediately, and clearly McD must have believed he was a winner with regards to intangibles, ad did Pioli.

Not a big surprise that when an opportunity came up, our coach considered an option that would have made our team competitive out of the gate.

If Jay Cutler can't take that, he shouldn't be in the NFL.

After all, in his words... it's all a business, right?

Hilarious!

What a ****ing fraud.

watermock
08-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Michael,

Wow.

lex
08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
McDaniels saw an opportunity to acquire a QB he knows had great success in his system. He could have started and been effective immediately, and clearly McD must have believed he was a winner with regards to intangibles, ad did Pioli.

Not a big surprise that when an opportunity came up, our coach considered an option that would have made our team competitive out of the gate.

If Jay Cutler can't take that, he shouldn't be in the NFL.

After all, in his words... it's all a business, right?

Hilarious!

What a ****ing fraud.

Yeah, at least 20 other teams would want him but he shouldnt be in the NFL. What a joke.

Popps
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, at least 20 other teams would want him but he shouldnt be in the NFL. What a joke.

Well, if he's that delicate... maybe he needs a new gig. Just sayin'. He said himself, "it's a business."

Odd that he couldn't follow his own rules, huh?

lex
08-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Well, if he's that delicate... maybe he needs a new gig. Just sayin'. He said himself, "it's a business."

Odd that he couldn't follow his own rules, huh?
Who says he's that delicate. All it says is that 1) he can be just as cut throat as McDaniels and 2) that he knows his worth. Too bad it blew up in McDaniels face, although, I guess it makes it easier to blame others. Seriously, when the trust isnt there, its bad business to continue the relationship if you can manage to get out of the relationship. Thats business. No one in business wants to be around people they cant rely on and that person wasnt Jay.

Popps
09-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Wait, now Jay was a cut-throat?

LOL

You kids need to get your stories straight. I thought he was an innocent victim of a tyrant?

watermock
09-01-2009, 02:22 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/JaeHunt/0830092040.jpg.

lex
09-01-2009, 07:55 AM

LOL

You kids need to get your stories straight. I thought he was an innocent victim of a tyrant?

This post is pure stupidity as it suggests everyone that youve arbitrarily lumped together has the same voice. I guess youre wrong again.

broncofan2438
09-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Just got back from the crazy weekend. Game was awesome, very loud. My buddies and I got on the fox 31 news and channel 4 news for the burning Cutler jerseys. Had a great time

lex
09-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Just got back from the crazy weekend. Game was awesome, very loud. My buddies and I got on the fox 31 news and channel 4 news for the burning Cutler jerseys. Had a great time

Sorry about what happened.

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow.

Sad, huh?

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 11:20 AM

LOL

What is your problem exactly?

zdoor
09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I can't rationalize that this team is better than it was a year ago. It looks fairly sad actually. Defense looks improved but unless there is a miracle switch for the offense once the season starts, the offense looks as bad as the defense did last year...

I think Trading Cutler is going to haunt this team for many years...

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
another thread sadly goes off topic....

broncofan2438
09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry about what happened.

Nothn to be sorry about. All positive stuff

Popps
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Nice job representing out there. It was great to hear the stadium going off like that in a pre-season game. Must have been fun.

Peoples Champ
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Ya, well the Broncos are the only team in the AFC west not facing blackout issues according to this article

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/63444

THe Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers are all facing Possible blackouts for games on TV this year. THey are all sellout fans and call themselves good fans. We all know that they are bandwagon fans.

No matter how bad Broncos get, we will still sellout.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Acording to power rankings, we are 27th in the league. We have very low expectations, and we are still SELLING OUT PRESEASON GAMES.

I heard last weeks bears game tickets were going above face value just for preseason games. I know it was Cutler revenge, but just wait until regular season. We wont face the issues that San Diego, Oakland, and KC are all facing.

Meck77
09-01-2009, 11:58 AM
You know I was reflecting on what it was like being a Bronco fan in the 80's and I don't recall ever giving a **** what anyone ever thought about the team. Back then there was no internet, no chat rooms, and no message boards.

Why some of you people spend half your day trying to convince others that your opinion of this team is the correct one is beyond me. Talking football is fun but all the insults, negativity, and hate is just a big waste of time.

Good job 2438. Sounds like you had FUN. That is what tailgating and going to games is about.

lex
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM

Except for the fact that Cutler made fools out of everyone. I was hoping they would show that guy with the "There's No Jay In Team" sign after Cutler converted on that 98 yard drive.

Also, if you think there was positive with the offense, youre easily pleased.

lex
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
You know I was reflecting on what it was like being a Bronco fan in the 80's and I don't recall ever giving a **** what anyone ever thought about the team. Back then there was no internet, no chat rooms, and no message boards.

Why some of you people spend half your day trying to convince others that your opinion of this team is the correct one is beyond me. Talking football is fun but all the insults, negativity, and hate is just a big waste of time.

Good job 2438. Sounds like you had FUN. That is what tailgating and going to games is about.

Im pretty sure there was negativity in the 80s.

Popps
09-01-2009, 12:23 PM

:strong:

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Im pretty sure there was negativity in the 80s.

give examples..

Popps
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
give examples..

There was always negativity to a degree, of course. (Obviously.) This just feels different. This board has always had a war-zone mentality, though. But even with that, it's more apparent now.

Even in the earlier days of football message boards, it just felt more like a group of fans behind a team, even if the team had flaws. (And we certainly did.) Now, we don't even need Raiders/Chiefs fans here. We have a full-time contingent of bashers built in as Broncos fans.

To me, I get the complaining.... I get questioning team moves, but at a certain point, you have to move on. Beyond that, it's like some people just enjoy being miserable.

We have NO IDEA how this team will progress. We have a blank canvas in front of us and it's like people are just ready (and almost happy) to rule out any chance of positive things happening.

It honestly appears that some people just enjoy being angry at this team.... and all of this before we've been able to see a shred of evidence of how everything will come together.

jhns
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
give examples..

I wasn't really paying attention in the 80s but I have seen many old articles talking about how elway needs to grow up and how he can't win anything.... Someone here posted a sports illustrated cover about it, although that may have been from the very early 90s. What is really funny is all of the stuff people are saying about cutler now is about exactly what people used to say about elway.

There was a lot of bronco drama in the 80s. Some old guys seem to forget and others are correct that they just weren't as exposed without the internet.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I wasn't really paying attention in the 80s but I have seen many old articles talking about how elway needs to grow up and how he can't win anything.... Someone here posted a sports illustrated cover about it, although that may have been from the very early 90s. What is really funny is all of the stuff people are saying about cutler now is about exactly what people used to say about elway.

There was a lot of bronco drama in the 80s. Some old guys seem to forget and others are correct that they just weren't as exposed without the internet.

I was just seeing if the douchebag could even name one cause i doubt he was even old enough to have an opinion about the subject.

Popps
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
To me, the biggest casualty of the Mopey Mafia takeover is the loss of quality analysis from some of the better posters like BPC, SoCal, etc.

Lex is a sad a loser. That's a given. But, to lose involvement from some of the great player/game analysts around here is a bummer for those of us who enjoy the X's/Os and strategy of it all.

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Just ignore the asshole. He'd never understand the concept of tailgating and attending games. He's a ****ing troll.

jhns
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
There was always negativity to a degree, of course. (Obviously.) This just feels different. This board has always had a war-zone mentality, though. But even with that, it's more apparent now.

Even in the earlier days of football message boards, it just felt more like a group of fans behind a team, even if the team had flaws. (And we certainly did.) Now, we don't even need Raiders/Chiefs fans here. We have a full-time contingent of bashers built in as Broncos fans.

To me, I get the complaining.... I get questioning team moves, but at a certain point, you have to move on. Beyond that, it's like some people just enjoy being miserable.

We have NO IDEA how this team will progress. We have a blank canvas in front of us and it's like people are just ready (and almost happy) to rule out any chance of positive things happening.

It honestly appears that some people just enjoy being angry at this team.... and all of this before we've been able to see a shred of evidence of how everything will come together.

We gave away our QB for a crappy QB in a league that the QB is easily the most influential position. It isn't like we are close to being able to win with a system QB. You need a defense, special teams, and run game for that.

You see, some of us can use our brains and see that this front office is clueless. Some of us don't appreciate the front office trying to convince us we can't win with an immature QB when the front office acts just as immature. That is especially true when you look at the teams that won us our SBs. Pleanty of immaturity on them.

Don't worry. It will get much more positive as soon as mcd runs out of supporters and is run out of town.

You may think I have no clue what I am talking about but all I can say is try bringing my posts up in a year, we will see who knows what. You don't have to see them play games when they try this hard to be bad. This team does not stand a chance with this teams horrible decision making.

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I wasn't really paying attention in the 80s.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

You weren't even hatched until '84. How the hell can you comment on the atmosphere and fan sentiment when you were just a gleam in your daddys eye. From articles? ROFL!

Troll!

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I was just seeing if the douchebag could even name one cause i doubt he was even old enough to have an opinion about the subject.

You're addressing someone who was ****ting in his diaper in the '80s.;D
But he does have OPINIONS. Lot's of opinions.

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
LOLLOLLOLLOL

You weren't even hatched until '84. How the hell can you comment on the atmosphere and fan sentiment when you were just a gleam in your daddys eye. From articles? ROFL!

Troll!

That is why I prefaced it with what you quoted and then sited my sources. is this really your smack? Weak.

Also, are you saying I am wrong?

Popps
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
We gave away our QB for a crappy QB in a league that the QB is easily the most influential position. This team does not stand a chance with this teams horrible decision making.

That's your opinion. This stuff has been rehashed to death. Many of us see it differently.

If you TRULY believe the team has no chance, why be here?

Why analyze any of this? Why not find another hobby?

If you're 100% positive we are in for disaster and have no chance, why bother?

Again, anyone who makes definitive judgments without seeing any results is running a fool's errand. If you've watched this game for any length of time, you should know better.

Things aren't always as they appear.

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
That is why I prefaced it with what you quoted and then sited my sources. is this really your smack? Weak.

You prefaced it with "I wasn't paying attention".

Good one!

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
. What is really funny is all of the stuff people are saying about cutler now is about exactly what people used to say about elway.

RIGHT.

Don't EVEN compare the two. Unlike the Sad Sack, Elway had heart and was commited to his team.

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
You prefaced it with "I wasn't paying attention".

Good one!

LOL

Are you really trying to argue this or talk smack? Toooo funny.

So again, are you saying I am wrong?

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:12 PM

Also, are you saying I am wrong?

Yes I AM saying you are wrong. The fans were ONE, not devided as is the case now. I saw it in the lot this past weekend, and have crossed a few more "peeps" of my list of "fans".

Were turning into the laughing stock not because of Cutler, not because of Shanahan, Not because of McD. It's because of the fickle ass fans. It's not what made Denver a place other teams feared to play.

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:12 PM
RIGHT.

Don't EVEN compare the two. Unlike the Sad Sack, Elway had heart and was commited to his team.

Please...

Elway cried his way off his first team. He then had a dispute with a coach and said get rid of him or me.... You are a joke that doesn't even know this teams history.

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
LOL

Are you really trying to argue this or talk smack? Toooo funny.

So again, are you saying I am wrong?

You're a JOKE. A fake!

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Please...

Elway cried his way off his first team. He then had a dispute with a coach and said get rid of him or me.... You are a joke that doesn't even know this teams history.

And what happened after john got his way.

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes I AM saying you are wrong. The fans were ONE, not devided as is the case now. I saw it in the lot this past weekend, and have crossed a few more "peeps" of my list of "fans".

Were turning into the laughing stock not because of Cutler, not because of Shanahan, Not because of McD. It's because of the fickle ass fans. It's not what made Denver a place other teams feared to play.

Nice try at revising history. Nothing I said is disputed here either.

You crossed people off? LOL look at the fat old man with a big head.... Funny stuff.

Yeah, go ask people why they think this team is a joke right now. I guarantee it isn't from what you just said. Then again, we can see you aren't that smart. I'm not sure why I would expect you to understand anything that is going on.

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Nice try at revising history. Nothing I said is disputed here either.

You crossed people off? LOL look at the fat old man with a big head.... Funny stuff.

Yeah, go ask people why they think this team is a joke right now. I guarantee it isn't from what you just said. Then again, we can see you aren't that smart.

A skinny ass ****** calling me an old fat man doesn't make me feel bad one iota!

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
And what happened after john got his way.

What are you asking? If he became a team player after not being one?

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
A skinny ass ****** calling me an old fat man doesn't make me feel bad one iota!

You sure get worked up over it. Why else would you be trolling my posts?

lex
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM
give examples..

There was a time when Elway thought Denver might not be the place for him. I think this was tied to when the paper reported what he was giving out for Halloween. So, there were people that complained about that.

People also complained about Elway after the playoff loss to the Steelers a year or two before The Drive.

There were also people who actually didnt want to make it to the SB when we played San Francisco because of what had happened in previous SBs.

People complained about how conservative Reeves was. And when you think back to the fact that we had one of the all time best offensive minds in Shanahan and one of the best defensive minds in Collier, you wonder what might have happened if Reeves would have let both have free reign to do what they wanted.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM
What are you asking? If he became a team player after not being one?

The reeves situaition had to be dealt with one way or the other ( and it was) so quit pretending theres a point in there somewhere.

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:23 PM
You're a JOKE. A fake!

At least I can say I care about the team and not just the social gatherings they create.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 02:24 PM
There was a time when Elway thought Denver might not be the place for him. I think this was tied to when the paper reported what he was giving out for Halloween. So, there were people that complained about that.

There were also people who actually didnt want to make it to the SB when we played San Francisco because of what had happened in previous SBs.

People complained about how conservative Reeves was. And when you think back to the fact that we had one of the all time best offensive minds in Shanahan and one of the best defensive minds in Collier, you wonder what might have happened if Reeves would have let both have free reign to do what they wanted.

Great you read a book so how old are ya 20 what?.

lex
09-01-2009, 02:25 PM
At least I can say I care about the team and not just the social gatherings they create.

Correct. TailgateOvary is more interested in the party.

lex
09-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Great you read a book so how old are ya 20 what?.

Es geht dich nicht an.

jhns
09-01-2009, 02:33 PM
The reeves situaition had to be dealt with one way or the other ( and it was) so quit pretending theres a point in there somewhere.

What are you even talking about? Let's review this a little then. What created the reeves situation? How is saying he goes or I go being a team player?

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
If you TRULY believe the team has no chance, why be here?

Why analyze any of this? Why not find another hobby?

If you're 100% positive we are in for disaster and have no chance, why bother?

Again, anyone who makes definitive judgments without seeing any results is running a fool's errand. If you've watched this game for any length of time, you should know better.

Things aren't always as they appear.

What a dumb post. Just because you think things are going badly doesn't mean you stop being a fan. :oyvey:

Chris
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
BroncoBuff the point is this is just entertainment. It's also not democratic. Our complaints have little or no effect on the decisions of the team. We are fans pure and simple. What's the point in torturing yourself (and torturing us) in the process?

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Just finished this thread ... why are you people so challenged by differing opinions? That's a real personality flaw ... intolerance of differing views is bad stuff. Try to learn to live with those who disagree with you, and stop attacking them.

And also, strop overstating, WILDLY overstating the views of those not so optimistic ... that silly Popps poll with the only other choice, "we'll NEVER recover." That's just intellectually wrong.

BoiseBluTurf
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
"we'll NEVER recover." That's just intellectually wrong.

Not if your a Cub fan... *sigh* I speak from experiance!

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
BroncoBuff the point is this is just entertainment. It's also not democratic. Our complaints have little or no effect on the decisions of the team. We are fans pure and simple. What's the point in torturing yourself (and torturing us) in the process?

EXACTLY!!!!! SO why all the hostility from you "rosy picture" people? Why complain "we're" torturing you?! Are you THAT insecure about differing opinions that you define them as torture?

Grow a backbone and deal with it. Not everybody agrees.

Besides, I don't see many attacks from "our" side. The rosy picture crew os attacking "us," constantly ... every other of the (numerous) Popps posts has the whining term "moping mafia" in it. That kind of name and intolerance is not mutual. I for one have not criticized (not often anyway, certainly not every other post), the people who think everythiong is going super-duper. I don't agree, but I and the rest are not name-calling.

lex starts a thread you think is dumb, just go away for heaven's sake ... YOU attack HIM, not the other way around.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Es geht dich nicht an.

:spit: i thought so.

broncofan2438
09-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Just ignore the a-hole. He'd never understand the concept of tailgating and attending games. He's a ****ing troll.

Ah, makes sense. I wonder why he makes such stupid comments

lex
09-01-2009, 03:53 PM
:spit: i thought so.

How is that possible when it was beyond your comprehension?

BroncoBuff
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I wonder why he makes such stupid comments

I wonder why everybody cares so much ... just avoid the guy if you're that offended ;D

DHallblows
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Page 7 has proven you to be a worse, polar opposite of Lex. Congrats...

Irish Stout
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM

10-1 Broncos to Bears fans right? I would guess that was the case where I was sitting. 10-20% of the stadium was composed of bears fans. When the chosen one scored that touchdown most of the Broncos fans were quiet and sad, but when we heard cheers going up from the bears fans we got louder than them. 20% of a stadium can make a lot of noise when the other 80% aren't cheering.

lex
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Page 7 has proven you to be a worse, polar opposite of Lex. Congrats...

Dont insult me. Er ist viel zu ungebildet.

Bronx33
09-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Er ist viel zu ungebildet means ( i wouldn't have lasted one year as a bronco fan in the 70s)

lex
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Er ist viel zu ungebildet means ( i wouldn't have lasted one year as a bronco fan in the 70s)

This is what Im talking about.

BTW, I didnt get it from a book.

TailgateNut
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM

No it means " Lex ist ein verdamtest arschloch"

Boobs McGee
09-01-2009, 07:46 PM

it's actually Sie sind zu ungebildet dumbass. Learn how to use a translator

Karenin
09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
pwned

lex
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
it's actually Sie sind zu ungebildet dumbass. Learn how to use a translator

No, if I was addressing him I would be using the informal. But since I wasnt addressing him directly, my usage as correct.

Swing and a miss. Now go sit down.

LOL. Jesus, youre dumb.

lex
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
pwned

Ooooohhhhh. Almost. Only if he was actually correct there, sunshine. Maybe next time, little boy.

Boobs McGee
09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
No, if I was addressing him I would be using the informal. But since I wasnt addressing him directly, my usage as correct.

Swing and a miss. Now go sit down.

LOL. Jesus, youre dumb.

RIGHT! So, you were just bantering back and forth, then decided to speak indirectly to him? As in, "he's not too educated"?

The sentence I posted was in the plural form anyway, but thankfully the test worked.

You stayed away for a solid hour there.

Please, show us your skills in german more often. No, really. it's impressive

watermock
09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Stink said he has never seen ANY team, any, with a more controversaial offseason in the history of the NFL.

lex
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
RIGHT! So, you were just bantering back and forth, then decided to speak indirectly to him? As in, "he's not too educated"?

The sentence I posted was in the plural form anyway, but thankfully the test worked.

You stayed away for a solid hour there.

Please, show us your skills in german more often. No, really. it's impressive

Ab u. zu

baja
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Stink said he has never seen ANY team, any, with a more controversaial offseason in the history of the NFL.

That's interesting but can he milk a hamster?

Taco John
09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
What is this? "Who can be ze biggest douche in German!"

lex
09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
What is this? "Who can be ze biggest douche in German!"

Take a class.