PDA

View Full Version : Can I be a Bears fan?

baja
08-30-2009, 07:32 PM
WOW the rev / so cal super fans were right after all, I mean did you see that 98 yard drive by Cutler just WOW. The verdict is in Bowlen has ruined the franchise Quick sign up to be a Bears fan before the line gets too long...

WE ARE DOOMED.

Thought I'd get the flavor of the Monday morning threads started a little early.

I liked what I saw on D, the O lacks cohesiveness but clearly they have not had sufficient time to smooth things out. Orton will never be mistaken for Cutler in a passing clip.

Archer81
08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Rookie QB drove the offense for a TD vs the Bears starting D.

Just sayin...

:Broncos:

Chris
08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeap see you later. Take your fair weather vagina with you.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2009, 07:34 PM

Just sayin...

Well, the running game did:)

baja
08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeap see you later. Take your fair weather vagina with you.

I bet you see that "In went over your head" sign alot in your day to day life don't you.

manchambo
08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't know why you would want to be a Bears fan. They aren't even very good.

They are, however, obviously better than our team . . .

misturanderson
08-30-2009, 07:49 PM

Just sayin...

Did he throw more than that one pass to Lloyd? It was a great pass/catch, but they were definitely protecting Brandstater by running almost every play. On the plus side, the running game looked unstoppable on the drive. They knew we were running every play and still couldn't stop it.

chrisp
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, the running game did:)

Necessity is the mother of invention - I see it all now: reintroduction of the play-action by Brandstater as the second coming of Plummer.....woo-hoo

Williams
08-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Not to mention it was with the second string O. Does that make him a "franchise" QB? I mean... with the way that term gets thrown around and all...

In all seriousness, Brandstater has looked great out there tonight.

tsiguy96
08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
tom B really did look way more comfortable than orton in hte pocket. and hes willing to do more than checkdown all day.

bpc
08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I thought the defense looked pretty solid playing against a pretty good unit. Offense stunk. 13 points by our starting offense thus far. AWESOME.

This is a bad team in all honesty. Looks like the officials are on the fly to crack down on the screens McDaniels likes to run too.

oubronco
08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
WOW the rev / so cal super fans were right after all, I mean did you see that 98 yard drive by Cutler just WOW. The verdict is in Bowlen has ruined the franchise Quick sign up to be a Bears fan before the line gets too long...

WE ARE DOOMED.

Thought I'd get the flavor of the Monday morning threads started a little early.

I liked what I saw on D, the O lacks cohesiveness but clearly they have not had sufficient time to smooth things out. Orton will never be mistaken for Cutler in a passing clip.

Yep it should be a very doom and gloom place tomorrow but like you I saw some good stuff but I really don't like Orton but we are stuck with him so "GO ORTON" ugh!!!

bpc
08-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I thought the defense looked pretty solid playing against a pretty good unit. Offense stunk. 13 points by our starting offense thus far. AWESOME.

This is a bad team in all honesty. Looks like the officials are on the fly to crack down on the screens McDaniels likes to run too.

Chris
08-30-2009, 08:41 PM
I bet you see that "In went over your head" sign alot in your day to day life don't you.

Ha! Sorry dude. I just have gotten so sick of the winging I didn't bother to read the second half. Funny and sadly accurate.

baja
08-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I am pleasantly surprised to see less negativity than I thought I would for a Monday morning after a loss where Cutler looked good and our O did not.

ZONA
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
The offense actually looked good people. Just realize that when you have penalties negating positive plays, teams almost never convert 3rd and 18's so it's hard to evaluate accurately how good they were. I think maybe Ed was trying to make things up "against" the Broncos, sheesh. And IF BM and Moreno would have been out there, I think it would have been even better.

I was actually happy with the defense tonight. Dawkins really played with passion and that's gonna help a ton. Even when Cutler his those receivers, it's not like our guys were several yards off. In almost every play, there was somebody already drapped on the receiver tackling him trying for the strip. We got some good pressure so I was happy. They look like they are improving.

Just one quick note, this has always bothered me and you see it several times every game, no matter who plays. Why don't refs call more holding calls on the tackles when the DE clearly beats them and is just about to the QB and the tackle has that one arm around the front of the neck of the rusher when the rusher is clearly already by him. They seem to hold that arm there for a few seconds before finally dropping it but that saves so many sacks it's not funny. Doom clearly was gonna sack Jay in the endzone but Pace did the ole arm around the neck/front shoulder holding Doom for just those few seconds.

I know they want to protect QB but the league is going to fricken far man. Not only do those tackles get to hold on those outside speed rushes but they can't even tackle a QB now. That Bears defender did NOTHING wrong and was flagged for driving the QB to the ground. That was such BS. He did not do that.

DrFate
08-31-2009, 02:26 PM
I am pleasantly surprised to see less negativity than I thought I would for a Monday morning after a loss where Cutler looked good and our O did not.

It's the preseason.