PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Preseason Cuts Thread

s0phr0syne
08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to make a thread where we can monitor players who are being cut that might have some interest to our team (or others)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

First up from me is QB Paul Smith of the Jaguars--he was good spread QB for Tulsa and shows some good athleticism. Could be a McD project?

missingnumber7
08-30-2009, 01:42 PM
We already have 3 bad QBs on the roster why add another?

Northman
08-30-2009, 01:46 PM
How long is Simms out?

WolfpackGuy
08-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Who needs something like a good quarterback when you have the greatest offensive system in NFL history?

oubronco
08-30-2009, 01:57 PM
would looking at Chris Redman be a good idea he looked pretty good last night

TheReverend
08-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Look for whatever LBs that GB cuts ties with to get a long hard look over here.

s0phr0syne
08-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Look for whatever LBs that GB cuts ties with to get a long hard look over here.

Yeah, most definitely. It sucks that KC will have the pick of the litter sitting at No. 3 on the waiver.

As for QB's, I should add that I have no confidence in Brandstater for this year. I'm not ruling him out for future development, but I just don't see him making any contribution without a helluva lot more coaching and building by McD and McCoy. It'll be interesting to see if the coaching staff's assessment agrees by whether or not they pick up another QB. Also, who knows, maybe Brandstater looks a lot better when behind a better unit than the 2nd/3rd string OLs.

Northman
08-30-2009, 02:14 PM

I think so too.

DBroncos4life
08-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Pitt has 12 LBs on the roster, two back ups that look damn good are Fox (ex Chief) and the other Harrison. Fox looks like a monster out there so I doubt he gets cut but the other younger Harrison is coming off his second knee injury but he looks impressive as well.

BABronco
08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Just wanted to make a thread where we can monitor players who are being cut that might have some interest to our team (or others)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

First up from me is QB Paul Smith of the Jaguars--he was good spread QB for Tulsa and shows some good athleticism. Could be a McD project?

He is my old highschool football coaches son. I've met him several times. He is a good guy. Not a bad football player either. I remember coach talking during class saying the rams have been calling him like crazy before the draft and were talking about talking him in the 3rd or 4th. I think he dropped much later than that. But still kinda cool story.

tsiguy96
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
falcons DL jason jefferson released. i dont know who it is but rotoworld says he was key starter on their DL last year....

TheReverend
08-30-2009, 03:33 PM
falcons DL jason jefferson released. i dont know who it is but rotoworld says he was key starter on their DL last year....

He started one game...

BroncoBuff
08-30-2009, 03:35 PM
If the chefs off Dewayne Bowe ... well, I say we pass.

tsiguy96
08-30-2009, 03:36 PM
He started one game...

key *rotation player, not starter.

elsid13
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM

He isn't that good.

s0phr0syne
08-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I keep seeing Redman's name thrown around, but isn't he ATL's top back up? I know he had a good performance against SD, but I haven't really seen anything from him other than that.

I think people are putting too much stock in one performance, but I'll keep an eye out for Redman to see what he does in week 4. I don't envision him being cut anytime soon, and I don't see the falcons parting with their QB2 cheaply.

Stanton in Detroit might be more easily had as he's the #3 there.

elsid13
08-30-2009, 04:17 PM
I keep seeing Redman's name thrown around, but isn't he ATL's top back up? I know he had a good performance against SD, but I haven't really seen anything from him other than that.

I think people are putting too much stock in one performance, but I'll keep an eye out for Redman to see what he does in week 4. I don't envision him being cut anytime soon, and I don't see the falcons parting with their QB2 cheaply.

Stanton in Detroit might be more easily had as he's the #3 there.

He is and I think he already been named the back-up.

elsid13
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Napoleon Harris (LB) was cut by the Raiders