PDA

View Full Version : Where is a moderator when you need him?

Cool Breeze
08-30-2009, 08:04 AM
There seems to be an awful lot of threads started by one individual that are taking up too much space on the main board.
I won't name names but I will give a hint.

http://www.zone-sf.com/images/lexx4.jpg
http://www.zone-sf.com/images/lexx4.jpg

baja
08-30-2009, 08:08 AM
funny part is his link doesn't work.

521 1N5
08-30-2009, 08:19 AM
He's getting exactly what he wants. Sadly.

lex
08-30-2009, 08:22 AM
funny part is his link doesn't work.

http://broncotalk.net/2008/12/pat-bowlen-press-conference-transcript/

BroncoBuff
08-30-2009, 10:04 AM
That behavior was just plain ......

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6329/lexluthorwrong1.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-30-2009, 10:20 AM
lex should be banned. We'll see if Taco is impartial or not.

broncswin
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh...were talking about LEX here, now I'm on board--ya that poser...I mean poster is terrible!!

chex
08-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I've been on this board one way or another since it first started, and the behavior of the mods has never changed. If you're one of their boys, you can just about get away with murder. Just about. Unless you do something so egregious that you force their hand and they have no choice.

On the other hand, if you're not "in", or have an opposing point of view, you're outta here. And if you're a mod with the plums to do something to a favorite child, you're a mod no longer.

I'm pretty sure if the mods disagreed with this guy, he would've been banned by now. Just the fact that the front page was cleared of the purported spamming ( i did not see it personally) without incident is further proof of this. Basically, the moral here is, if you're going to act like an a-hole, at least make sure you're on their good side.

ScottXray
08-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh, and that show , with the same name as that poster.....?

Yeah, THAT one.

Now, I am a Sci Fi fan, but THAT was the Worst series EVAH!
:yayaya:

baja
08-30-2009, 11:23 AM
You guys do know that lex himself can delete all of his 18 spammed threads without help from a mod right?

Dukes
08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
It's no wonder why so many great posters have left

Chris
08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah but where did the great posters go?

Rock Chalk
08-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah but where did the great posters go?

Posters come and go. Even good ones decide that arguing on message boards is of little real value.

If my job wasnt sitting at a computer all day from my home office I'd probably not be here much either.

As it is, me being one of the last bastions of great posters that have graced their presence on the Orangemane, you can always look forward to viewing my genius.

Northman
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
As it is, me being one of the last bastions of great posters that have graced their presence on the Orangemane, you can always look forward to viewing my genius.

Ha!Ha!

Your comedic value is always a highlight.

Rohirrim
08-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Posters come and go. Even good ones decide that arguing on message boards is of little real value.

If my job wasnt sitting at a computer all day from my home office I'd probably not be here much either.

:spit:

Northman
08-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I feel i should be banned. Not sure why but ill think of something.

Bob
08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I've been on this board one way or another since it first started, and the behavior of the mods has never changed. If you're one of their boys, you can just about get away with murder. Just about. Unless you do something so egregious that you force their hand and they have no choice.

On the other hand, if you're not "in", or have an opposing point of view, you're outta here. And if you're a mod with the plums to do something to a favorite child, you're a mod no longer.

I'm pretty sure if the mods disagreed with this guy, he would've been banned by now. Just the fact that the front page was cleared of the purported spamming ( i did not see it personally) without incident is further proof of this. Basically, the moral here is, if you're going to act like an a-hole, at least make sure you're on their good side.

Ive been hanging here for awhile, and I can only remember an handful that had posting privledges yanked... I dont know what would get someone banned...but being a jerk and over-posting aint one of them -- I know, Ive done both at certain times. But unless you are threatening someone in a real sense, or doing something illegal -- Taco has been good about respecting free speech...

Bronx33
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
posters come and go. Even good ones decide that arguing on message boards is of little real value.

If my job wasnt sitting at a computer all day from my home office i'd probably not be here much either.

as it is, me being one of the last bastions of great posters that have graced their presence on the orangemane, you can always look forward to viewing my genius.

lol

BroncoBuff
08-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I feel i should be banned. Not sure why but ill think of something.

LOL

What makes you so special?

jhat01
08-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Ive been hanging here for awhile, and I can only remember an handful that had posting privledges yanked... I dont know what would get someone banned...but being a jerk and over-posting aint one of them -- I know, Ive done both at certain times. But unless you are threatening someone in a real sense, or doing something illegal -- Taco has been good about respecting free speech...

I got 30 days for telling someone to go **** themselves and their mother. That'll getcha every time

cutthemdown
08-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I got 30 days for telling someone to go **** themselves and their mother. That'll getcha every time

I got banned for telling someone to fill up a trash can with water, use it like a pool, and take the ole lady for a dip.....Yeah blueflame flamed me for that one.

Popps
08-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Don't worry. Management here just cares about post-count. Lex will be back shortly.

Rock Chalk
08-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Rookies.

elsid13
08-30-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL

What makes you so special?

He's the kicker, by definition he is "special"

Blueflame
08-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I got banned for telling someone to fill up a trash can with water, use it like a pool, and take the ole lady for a dip.....Yeah blueflame flamed me for that one.

Wouldn't have happened if you'd just left it at Spider himself (without bringing his wife into it). And it wasn't that lengthy of a ban either.