PDA

View Full Version : Andre Smith signs says ocho cinco

iDENVER
08-29-2009, 10:59 PM
http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/3638089478 via his twitter

... also i heard clady was fined 5,000 dollars for clipping on peyton hillis 30 yr run from behind and below waist.

BroncoDoug
08-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Schefter said he didn't... I'll believe Schefter

Ochocinco also traded himself to every news network...now he has the swine flu...

tsiguy96
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
PFT says its a ****ty deal for smith too. i guess the browns didnt want to pay him as much as the 6 overall got last year, and offered him less then #7 got this year. sad the browns are such a ****ty organization.

BroncoDoug
08-29-2009, 11:03 PM
PFT says its a ****ty deal for smith too. i guess the browns didnt want to pay him as much as the 6 overall got last year, and offered him less then #7 got this year. sad the browns are such a ****ty organization.

Browns?

iDENVER
08-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Schefter said he didn't... I'll believe Schefter

Ochocinco also traded himself to every news network...now he has the swine flu...

lol im not saying i believe him i am just posting for second opinions

tsiguy96
08-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Browns?

oooops bengals im dumb. both start with b, dunno why i put browns...

Killericon
08-29-2009, 11:20 PM

Hah!

If the Broncos said "We're not going to give you more money for no reason" and made a stand against the absurd amounts of money rookies are making, we'd be all over McXanders' and Bowlen's balls. Good for the Bengals.

lazarus4444
08-30-2009, 01:49 AM
Good for smith just taking the lower deal so he can get on the field!

elsid13
08-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Hah!

If the Broncos said "We're not going to give you more money for no reason" and made a stand against the absurd amounts of money rookies are making, we'd be all over McXanders' and Bowlen's balls. Good for the Bengals.

Go watch the latest Hard knocks and see if you still have that view of the Bengals. Mike Brown is cheapest bastard I have ever seen, no wonder that franchise sucks. He was cutting guys before the deadlines so he wouldn't have to pay them.

Traveler
08-30-2009, 06:19 AM
90% chance that Smith winds up getting injured not to long after he gets in camp.

tsiguy96
08-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Go watch the latest Hard knocks and see if you still have that view of the Bengals. Mike Brown is cheapest bastard I have ever seen, no wonder that franchise sucks. He was cutting guys before the deadlines so he wouldn't have to pay them.

exactly, this has nothign to do with them making a stand against rookie pay scales, this has to do with them being cheap bastards who care more about bottom line than winning. bronco fans cannot say the same, regardless how much people here will try to convince you otherwise.

bronco militia
08-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Ochocinco says Andre Smith has signed
Posted by Mike Florio on August 29, 2009 11:12 PM ET
Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, calling himself "the new source," claims on his Twitter page that tackle Andre Smith, the sixth overall pick in the 2009 draft, finally has signed a contract.

Here's the full text of Chad's tweet. "Attention: 1st rd. Pick Andre Smith has signed, the new source = Ocho Cinco, not ESPN, thank you, stay tuned for more info."

Trey Wingo of ESPN responded to Ochocinco's scoop by saying "way to be a jerk about it." (Said Chad in response, "I didn't complain when you were ripping me on TV, I didn't call you a jerk, I took and just child pleased the situation.")

Meanwhile, Smith's agent, Alvin Keels, has since posted a new tweet unrelated to Smith's status.

So, like Chad said, stay tuned.

UPDATE: A league source says that, at a minimum, a deal for Smith is close, and that "it won't be a good one" for the player. The sense is that, if/when a deal gets done, the player will be caving to the team, since the player needs the cash.

SECOND UPDATE: There's no deal yet.

bronco militia
08-30-2009, 09:22 AM
I always thought tre wingo was an asshole...who knew?!?!

;D

bronco militia
08-30-2009, 11:57 AM
http://web6.twitpic.com/img/26627476-9c037c3ee687a45a0fcd88a78fcb4065.4a9abc6f-full.jpg

i Like I said last night, Andre Smith is here, we are complete as a team now

http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/3646748603

bronco militia
08-30-2009, 11:58 AM
The new odd couple gets together in Cincinnati
Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2009 12:38 PM ET
Last night, Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco proclaimed that tackle Andre Smith had signed a contract.

His agent, Alvin Keels, said that Ochocinco's report was premature.

But it wasn't that premature. Ochocinco has posted a picture of himself posing with Smith, two of the most unlikely football comrades we've ever seen.

Perhaps the only thing they have in common is a soft spot for McDonald's.

The fact that Smith is in the building doesn't mean that a deal has been signed, but Smith wouldn't be there if the team and agent Alvin Keels weren't simply putting the finishing touches on the contract.

So while Ochocinco's initial foray into journalism was technically wrong, it appears that he's simply going to pretend that it wasn't.

And that one skill makes him more than qualified to become a reporter after he retires.

El Minion
08-30-2009, 12:39 PM
http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/3638089478 via his twitter

... also i heard clady was fined 5,000 dollars for clipping on peyton hillis 30 yr run from behind and below waist.

Damn! 136,948 followers, Peter King and Adam Schefter combined barely have half that many followers.

TheReverend
08-30-2009, 02:06 PM
The good news is that only gives him two weeks to be ready to play vs Denver :) That helps

Mr.Meanie
08-30-2009, 02:16 PM
On NFL Network it's saying the deal is only for 4 years, 24 million - 21 guaranteed. Thats an odd number...has anyone seen a top 10 pick signed for only 4 years?

Inkana7
08-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I love Chad. He's funny.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
On NFL Network it's saying the deal is only for 4 years, 24 million - 21 guaranteed. Thats an odd number...has anyone seen a top 10 pick signed for only 4 years?

2 club option years that take it to around $41M total money.

SoCalBronco
08-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Good for smith just taking the lower deal so he can get on the field!

It suggests that Andre is not a very rational or bright person if that is really true. Disappointing if he took a lowball deal "just to get on the field".

TheReverend
08-30-2009, 02:45 PM
It suggests that Andre is not a very rational or bright person if that is really true. Disappointing if he took a lowball deal "just to get on the field".

He can hit FA sooner based on the teams ability/decision to pick up that option though

peacepipe
08-30-2009, 03:01 PM
If I were Andre Smith, I would just tell the team to have a nice life & wait it out to next years draft.