PDA

View Full Version : notable bronco cuts this year...

tsiguy96
08-29-2009, 05:54 PM
name your picks. i am having a hard time thinking of any bigger names this year who will get cut. lamont jordan may be in trouble, especially after hillis plays tomorrow. marcus thomas may also get cut, hes nto even gonna play this week due to injury to prove he should stay. nate swift, no way he can make the team, not with the depth in front of him.

Popps
08-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I think Swift could end up on the practice squad.

No way Jordan goes, imo. He'll prove to be too useful.

I think Moss could be done in Denver. Crowder has been absolutely AWOL, so you can't think his chances are good... considering we're trading for DEs. Powell? Has anyone even seen him on the field?

I think Thomas sneaks by, though he's been a real disappointment.

JCMElway
08-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Jarven Moss and Tim Crowded could definitely get cut

atomicbloke
08-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Moss, Thomas and Crowder could all get cut. Thank god for Harris. Our 2007 class is looking like an epic fail.

PBRmeASAP
08-29-2009, 06:00 PM
The writing was on the wall when they traded for the NE NT. At DB Saftey from AZ is done, as is Jack williiams.

Florida_Bronco
08-29-2009, 06:10 PM
The writing was on the wall when they traded for the NE NT. At DB Saftey from AZ is done, as is Jack williiams.

You're kidding, right?

maher_tyler
08-29-2009, 06:15 PM

They're in their 2nd season..give them a chance!

tsiguy96
08-29-2009, 06:17 PM
jack williams and josh barrett will make the team for special teams and future starters, they will be good...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-29-2009, 06:27 PM
McD.....Oh s*** did i say that out load. oooooppps.

elsid13
08-29-2009, 06:39 PM

I think Moss could be done in Denver. Crowder has been absolutely AWOL, so you can't think his chances are good... considering we're trading for DEs. Powell? Has anyone even seen him on the field?

Why do you think a injured UT learning two new positions is a disappointment???

barryr
08-29-2009, 07:22 PM
I doubt there will be any surprise cuts, though my surprise could differ from most.

Moss and Crowder are the likely bigger name cuts at this point. Neither has shown much in the time as a Bronco and having to make position switches, which isn't easy even for established players.

But just looking at the roster, the guys you would assume make the team, I just don't see anyone behind them that would appear ready to take their jobs right now.

This team, especially on defense, is still in a rebuild phase and it's obviously not a finished product. I bet this team will focus a lot of defense next year in the draft and free agency.

To run a 3-4 effectively, you have to have players on your front 7 who can run and make plays and right now, they just don't have enough guys who teams have to worry about.

watermock
08-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Someting tells me I'll be pissed.

Beavis never dissapoints me.

(go ahaead and flame me now)

Hercules Rockefeller
08-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Someting tells me I'll be pissed.

Beavis never dissapoints me.

Hopefully you'll swing by DV in order to voice your opinion on the cuts. The world would be a better place if they listened to you so we wouldn't have to put up with your incoherent rants here if they decided to cut someone you thought should be kept.

watermock
08-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Go lift a feather, Herc.

I don't care. Beavis is going to keep Buck, and cut anything remotely resembling the Shanahan era.

Buy a vowel.

_Oro_
08-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I doubt there will be any surprise cuts, though my surprise could differ from most.

Moss and Crowder are the likely bigger name cuts at this point. Neither has shown much in the time as a Bronco and having to make position switches, which isn't easy even for established players.

But just looking at the roster, the guys you would assume make the team, I just don't see anyone behind them that would appear ready to take their jobs right now.

This team, especially on defense, is still in a rebuild phase and it's obviously not a finished product. I bet this team will focus a lot of defense next year in the draft and free agency.

To run a 3-4 effectively, you have to have players on your front 7 who can run and make plays and right now, they just don't have enough guys who teams have to worry about.

Lol you might think that but I wouldn't bet on it.

lex
08-29-2009, 08:23 PM

Moss may get cut but he looked good in the last game.

DivineLegion
08-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Tim Crowder, Jack Williams, and Josh Barrett were all selected as a part of the 10 the most outstanding players in Training camp...I don't think either of those guys are going anywhere.

azbroncfan
08-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Moss, Crowder despite the camp reports from here. The preseason sure shut up their homers. Jordan possibly, Powell, Putzier, Jackson off the top of my head.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Tim Crowder, Jack Williams, and Josh Barrett were all selected as a part of the 10 the most outstanding players in Training camp....

Where was this?

KipCorrington25
08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Any hold overs from the old regime are on the rocks. One thing McDaniels has made clear is that he wants his guys here at all costs, talent not a factor obviously.

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Betting on the long-shots:

Clady
Royal
Harris
Hillis
DJ
Elvis
Champ

Hercules Rockefeller
08-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Any hold overs from the old regime are on the rocks. One thing McDaniels has made clear is that he wants his guys here at all costs, talent not a factor obviously.

What "talent" is no longer here in favor of McDaniels' guys?

db56
08-29-2009, 08:52 PM
they must be hiding Crowder to unleash him as the secret weapon, I havent seen him play all pre season. I hope Barrett doesnt get cut, but he's buried on the depth chart and its not looking good.

azbroncfan
08-29-2009, 08:54 PM
they must be hiding Crowder to unleash him as the secret weapon, I havent seen him play all pre season. I hope Barrett doesnt get cut, but he's buried on the depth chart and its not looking good.

They are going to "TURN HIM LOOSE" come sept 13 in Cinn.

Florida_Bronco
08-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Moss, Crowder despite the camp reports from here. The preseason sure shut up their homers. Jordan possibly, Powell, Putzier, Jackson off the top of my head.

I'm undecided with Moss and Crowder. They've gotten significant playing time so far and looked decent, but not great. IMO the 4th PS game will make or break them, assuming McD goes with the norm and plays mostly backups in that game.

Jordan is almost a lock to stay with his knowledge of the offense and Torain getting cut. Putz is probably a goner, no idea on Powell and Jackson is on the bubble as well.

they must be hiding Crowder to unleash him as the secret weapon, I havent seen him play all pre season. I hope Barrett doesnt get cut, but he's buried on the depth chart and its not looking good. He's played pretty much the entire 2nd half of both games so far, just like Moss.

_Oro_
08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Where was this?

db.com

BroncoMan4ever
08-29-2009, 10:34 PM

i think Swift will make it, simply because it isn't sure if or when Marshall will return and when he does if he is any good.

also with McDaniels scheme we may keep as many as 7 WRs on the roster.

listopencil
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
the QB and WR apparently cant handle any amount of adversity or theyd still be with the team. you need more than one good RB in the NFL as im sure you noticed. the team was 16th in points scored and 24th from week 4-17, you dont see that as a problem? the head coach of the team and former offensive coordinator for the greatest offense the nfl has ever seen did, and what do you know he thought cahnges had to be made. given how the players have handled the offseason and showed their personalities, he was right.

So what changes did McD make, Tsiguy? I'm still waiting....

BroncoMan4ever
08-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Powell, Clemons, Moss, Crowder, Bell and Fox are the ones i see as being surprising based on playing experience or draft position.

also on the RB side of things, i think we are keeping 5 on the roster this season. Moreno, Buck, Jordan, Hillis and Walker are the 5 we keep.

Eddie, Stokley, Gaffney, Marshall, Lloyd, Swift and McKinley are our receivers, with the possibility of Swift or McKinley hitting the practice squad and Jackson making the 53 man roster.

Vegas_Bronco
08-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Moss almost retired before the season started....he's done boys. I like the new dline...get rid of the old one puhleeeez - anything that lets RB run like they did last year needs to be seriously pimp slapped and have their entire existence questioned. Like why was it conceived in the first place?

tsiguy96
08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
So what changes did McD make, Tsiguy? I'm still waiting....

are you kidding? there is like 10 new starters on the team fool. a team tahts 16th in scoring (24th after week 3) and 30th or 31st in defense needs a lot of changes. dline rotation, starting LBers, 3 new secondary, running backs, there is a LOT of change on this team, how is that not obvious

tsiguy96
08-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Powell, Clemons, Moss, Crowder, Bell and Fox are the ones i see as being surprising based on playing experience or draft position.

also on the RB side of things, i think we are keeping 5 on the roster this season. Moreno, Buck, Jordan, Hillis and Walker are the 5 we keep.

Eddie, Stokley, Gaffney, Marshall, Lloyd, Swift and McKinley are our receivers, with the possibility of Swift or McKinley hitting the practice squad and Jackson making the 53 man roster.

jackson will make the team over swift, hes running with second team now.

royal, stokes, gaffney, marshall, lloyd, mckinley, jackson if we keep 7.

Florida_Bronco
08-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Moss almost retired before the season started....he's done boys. I like the new dline...get rid of the old one puhleeeez - anything that lets RB run like they did last year needs to be seriously pimp slapped and have their entire existence questioned. Like why was it conceived in the first place?

Moss is an OLB now.

Vegas_Bronco
08-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Moss is an OLB now.

You sure? I think you need to be able to tackle for that position.

Maybe I should have separated my thoughts in that post in two paragraph... but, I was hitting 2 different items at once...like a real OLB does.

Bigdawg26
08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
are you kidding? there is like 10 new starters on the team fool. a team tahts 16th in scoring (24th after week 3) and 30th or 31st in defense needs a lot of changes. dline rotation, starting LBers, 3 new secondary, running backs, there is a LOT of change on this team, how is that not obvious

Yeah with the additions of Correll Buckhulter, Gaffney, Haggans, McBean and Fields how can u not be impressed with the starting units.

BroncoMan4ever
08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Moss is an OLB now.

Moss sucks no matter where he plays. end the charade and cut his ass.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah with the additions of Correll Buckhulter, Gaffney, Haggans, McBean and Fields how can u not be impressed with the starting units.

And yet half the starting defense from last year is still unemployed.