PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins ready to get first hits as a Bronco

oubronco
08-29-2009, 01:19 PM
It is a preseason affair Sunday night at Invesco Field at Mile High, but Broncos safety Brian Dawkins figures he's waited long enough to get on the field for his new team.

Dawkins, a seven-time Pro Bowl selection in his time with the Philadelphia Eagles, has not yet played in the preseason because of a fractured hand and the surgery to repair it earlier this month.

Dawkins, who has practiced with a cast around his repaired right hand, says he is ready to play and has practiced this week without the orange jersey that marks an injured player.

"If I couldn't (play), I wouldn't," Dawkins said. "Everything is where it needs to be for me to go out there and play. I know I'm going to be juiced up. I know you guys haven't had a chance to see me on game day. I know I'm going to be jacked up for this one."

Dawkins figures to start against the Bears as the regulars are scheduled to play through halftime and into the second half. He said he believes he could snatch an interception if he gets the chance.

"I'll be able to basket catch or something like that," Dawkins said.

Clady fined.

For the second time in two preseason games, the Broncos did not escape without getting a player fined.

Left tackle Ryan Clady was fined $5,000 by the NFL for a clipping penalty on a 30-yard run by Peyton Hillis in last Saturday's loss to the Seahawks. The league said Clady was fined for hitting a defender from behind, below the waist.

Running back Knowshon Moreno had been fined $5,000 for a chop block in the preseason opener against San Francisco.

Also from last weekend's game, Seahawks defensive end Nick Reed was fined $5,000 for his low hit on Broncos quarterback Chris Simms. Simms suffered a severely sprained left ankle and left the game.

He has not practiced since and is not expected to play for the remainder of the preseason.

Limited rotation.

With LaMont Jordan and Moreno having missed practice all week, Correll Buckhalter and Peyton Hillis figure to be the Broncos' top two running backs heading into Sunday night's preseason game.

Hillis also has spent plenty of time this week as a kickoff returner.

Darius Walker could get some carries as well. Walker, with 67 yards in two games, is the team's leading rusher in the preseason, followed by Hillis' 53 yards.

"Whatever they need me to do, I'll do," Hillis said. "I line up where the play is drawn."

Opponents have rushed for 121 yards per game in the preseason against the Bears, and the Broncos have averaged only 3.5 yards per carry in their two games.

Footnotes.

Defensive lineman Marcus Thomas (shoulder) did not practice Friday and is not expected to play Sunday night. Also missing and not expected to play were cornerback Tony Carter (ankle), defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith (undisclosed injury) and Simms. . . . Chicago Bears defensive end Adewale Ogun- leye writes an online blog for the Chicago Tribune, and this week's installment includes several reasons Sunday night is important for the Bears. And the No. 4 reason is; "Google Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton and you will understand."

Jeff Legwold, The Denver Post

:strong: Let's get ready to Ruuuuuuuuumble :strong:

_Oro_
08-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Great that Dawkins is debuting against Cutlet.

chaz
08-29-2009, 04:21 PM
If Dawkins got a clean shot at Jay tomorrow night i would wet myself

Natedogg
08-29-2009, 04:55 PM

Romo-Collins. Please God.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-29-2009, 05:03 PM

I'll be wearing my number 6 customized "JUDAS" jersey, and would absolutely love to see that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-29-2009, 05:03 PM

http://innertowinner.com/MassiveErection.jpg

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 05:11 PM

Man that would be so satisfying. I doubt we get that lucky though.

Borks147
08-29-2009, 05:31 PM
anyone have a video of that hit?

maher_tyler
08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I checked my TV guide and i don't see the game on any of the normal channels...NFLN, ESPN, Fox and CBS?? Anyone know if its nationally boradcasted??

Edit: It's on NBC.