PDA

View Full Version : Hello. My name is ...

ksBRONCOfan
08-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Hello. My name is Jeremy. And I am a Broncos fan.

I was ready to move on past Shanahan.
I was disappointed in Cutler thinking he was above the Head Couch and the Owner.
I'm glad they traded the diva to Chicago
I was satisfied with the draft.
I'm disappointed that Marshall is acting the way he is and I don't want to see him traded or get a new contract this season.
I hope Marshall comes back from the suspension to be a teammate.
I hope once the season starts the quality of threads on the Orange Mane will increase and we can read something about the other players on the team.
I am looking forward to the season and can't wait to cheer for my Broncos week in and week out.

http://img.slate.com/media/50000/50535/DENVER_BRONCOS-salute.jpg

BlaK-Argentina
08-29-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm with you except for Marshall coming back. I don't ever want to see him in a Broncos uniform again.

dreasher54
08-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm with you except for Marshall coming back. I don't ever want to see him in a Broncos uniform again.

Agreed

lex
08-29-2009, 09:57 AM

I was disappointed in Cutler thinking he was above the Head Couch and the Owner.
I'm disappointed that Marshall is acting the way he is and I don't want to see him traded or get a new contract this season.
I hope once the season starts the quality of threads on the Orange Mane will increase and we can read something about the other players on the team.
I am looking forward to the season and can't wait to cheer for my Broncos week in and week out.

Baaaaaaah!

BTW, your name isnt Howard J. Turkstra is it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/einZgVrnfG0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/einZgVrnfG0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ghwk
08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I dunno probably the best post I've read on the Mane in a long time. Rep.

Popps
08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
I hope once the season starts the quality of threads on the Orange Mane will increase.

Good thing you have other wishes.

The Joker
08-29-2009, 10:15 AM
It may be too late...

Montrose has left, and Kaylore seems to have disappeared as well.

Two of the best posters this place had, gone.

Other posters who I used to really enjoy reading opinions from have completely gone off the rails and immersed themselves in the bull**** 'with us or against us' attitude that's taken over the forum.

Mediator is probably the only name I'd be interested to see as the lost poster in a thread anymore, because he seems to be the only one with anything interesting left to say anymore.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 10:19 AM

I hope they come back. Two of the more rational voices out there, even with the "Orton looks like Brady" comment! Anybody heard from them?

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Baaaaaaah!

Don't mind Lex, he's the board's Pinata and a miserable bastard.

Here, Lex you've won again. Well done!!

http://www.kneedeepinthehooah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jackass-award2.jpg

gunns
08-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Maybe you could start contributing to that wish.

I don't know that the good posters have left for good. What's there to post or read on here but more of the same that has been posted over and over and over again? I hope once the season the quality of threads improves by people focusing not on another teams QB, but on the Broncos and wins or at least improvements that show the team is getting back to competitive. Either way the focus needs to shift to the Broncos as a whole, not single people.

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Nice to see ya stick with your team. I dont know if BM can save face and actually be a team player and help out his own personal cause too. OM will get better once we separate those that are beatching about the Cutler/BMarshall/Front office drama and actually show us posters and lurkers that they can discuss actual football. That is my curiousity. Will Flame, Lex, BB and Atlas actually get back to what is on the field once the real season starts?

ksBRONCOfan
08-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I hope once the season the quality of threads improves by people focusing not on another teams QB, but on the Broncos and wins or at least improvements that show the team is getting back to competitive. Either way the focus needs to shift to the Broncos as a whole, not single people.

That's exactly what I want to see. Most of these threads now I get halfway down the first page and I'm finding my way back to the thread list to see what else I don't want to read.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I thought this was a Slim Shady thread ... :(

There's a reason why all the posters who've left were pro-management types, it's called denial. When there's problems all around, in life or in football, some people identify the problems, and discuss what could have been done to avoid them in the future and what can be done to fix them.

Others squeeze their eyes closed, slap their hands over their ears, and sing "LA LA LA LA."

And now Rick Reilly - an unimpeachable source, especially on Denver matters - says Jay Cutler in fact DID call Bowlen back, more than once. How about that.

You can stick your head in the sand if you like, only coming out on Sunday afternoons, but my eyes are wide open, myself and most of us here are interested in the whole picture.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Good thing you have other wishes.Maybe you could start contributing to that wish.

Agreed, Popps and tsi and the very few others left who attack everybody who dares question coaches and management, should leave this board. It would be a better place if they did. Then the majority of us who question strategy would not be attacked as not "real fans."

There are plenty of cheerleader-type Broncos message boards where "seldom is heard a discouraging word." You guys would fit right in.

lex
08-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Nice to see ya stick with your team. I dont know if BM can save face and actually be a team player and help out his own personal cause too. OM will get better once we separate those that are beatching about the Cutler/BMarshall/Front office drama and actually show us posters and lurkers that they can discuss actual football. That is my curiousity. Will Flame, Lex, BB and Atlas actually get back to what is on the field once the real season starts?

Boo hoo.

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 11:04 AM
You want us to know your future action, Lex. Tell us now. Will week one be about actual football or you as the Ex Broncos fan like the former mormon groups telling us we are in a cult and you guys are here for our own good? Even though most of you guys are over the top, I havent left the Mane in a P.O. tantrum. I am waiting to see what you guys are about once the season starts. We have had your kind with the Fireshanahan.com guy here. But, regardless of where you will be, I still think you are a turd.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Nice to see ya stick with your team. OM will get better once we separate those that are beatching about the Cutler/BMarshall/Front office drama and actually show us posters and lurkers that they can discuss actual football. That is my curiousity. Will Flame, Lex, BB and Atlas actually get back to what is on the field once the real season starts?

WHAT?! So because I miss Cutler and regret we lost him, suddenly I'm not "sticking with my team."

You'd have fit in very well with the McCarthy hearings ...

http://www.petergolden.com/Art/mccarthy.jpg

"Isn't it true you call yourself a "Broncos
fan," yet again again you question and
even criticize team management?!"

Taco John
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
This thing has to play itself out on the field. And it will. Things will get better and eventually new battle lines will be drawn around new premises. Right now the "band wagon" is split in half. Once games start to be played, that is going to shift and the band wagon is going to move in one direction or the other. Whichever direction it moves, the forum will feel some relief because there will be a lot more agreement in that shift.

Bronx33
08-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Will you guys quit crapping on this guys thread.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 11:11 AM

There's a reason why all the posters who've left were pro-management types, it's called denial. When there's problems all around, in life or in football, some people identify the problems, and discuss what could have been done to avoid them in the future and what can be done to fix them.

Others squeeze their eyes closed, slap their hands over their ears, and sing "LA LA LA LA."

And now Rick Reilly - an unimpeachable source, especially on Denver matters - says Jay Cutler in fact DID call Bowlen back, more than once. How about that.

You can stick your head in the sand if you like, only coming out on Sunday afternoons, but my eyes are wide open, myself and most of us here are interested in the whole picture.

McBuff, not even Cutler made that claim.

In fact, the only comment Cutler ever made about the calls was that he never received a call from Bowlen.

So how would he have returned calls he claims he never received?

It's simple, he didn't!

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I dunno .... I kinda don't care about Jay anymore. I suppose tomorrow will be entertaining, even fun. But I'm about 1000x more interested in what Orton does than what Cutler does.

lex
08-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Agreed, Popps and tsi and the very few others left who attack everybody who dares question coaches and management, should leave this board. It would be a better place if they did. Then the majority of us who question strategy would not be attacked as not "real fans."

There are plenty of cheerleader-type Broncos message boards where "seldom is heard a discouraging word." You guys would fit right in.

Yeah, and people need to stop dwelling on Kaylore and Montrose. This divide has had many casualties. Atlas, for example, hasnt been pro-management and he is talking about his heart not being in this team currently. Bear in mind that this is the guy that has every Bronco game on tape over the past 20 years. I regard Atlas as a great Broncos fan. But according to the many pro management types, his devotion over the past 20 years means nothing--he's not a real fan.

Ive seen this kind of a divide before. Im a north sider and a Cubs fan. During the last couple of years of the Dusty Baker regime, we had the same discussions except with the Cubs there has been a more prominant past of bad owners sitting on money and not trying to win. You had two camps: 1) the blind support crowd; and 2) the the best way to effect change is to hit them in the pocket book by not going to games crowd. The first group would say "thick or thin", but in truth, a lot of them are like TailgateOvary and are in it as much for the party at Wrigley as they are for seeing the team win. The second group recognized that the best way to motivate management was to stop showing up to games even knowing there were tons of other people who would go to games in their place since Wrigley is such a tourist attraction.

ksBRONCOfan
Will you guys quit crapping on this guys thread.

LOL No thread is safe!!!!

DenverBrit
I dunno .... I kinda don't care about Jay anymore. I suppose tomorrow will be entertaining, even fun. But I'm about 1000x more interested in what Orton does than what Cutler does.

Me too. ;D

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:14 AM
McBuff, not even Cutler made that claim.

In fact, the only comment Cutler ever made about the calls was that he never received a call from Bowlen.

So how would he have returned calls he claims he never received?

It's simple, he didn't!

I'm just quoting Reilly ... I don't even care anymore. It's interesting to learn what really happened, but it's like history class now. Although BTW, you're wrong about Cutler ... by that time he was zero comment.

Cutler was a crybaby ... I just wish we would have had experienced management types in place that could've soothed his little tantrum and made him happy, but oh well.

lex
08-29-2009, 11:17 AM
You want us to know your future action, Lex. Tell us now. Will week one be about actual football or you as the Ex Broncos fan like the former mormon groups telling us we are in a cult and you guys are here for our own good? Even though most of you guys are over the top, I havent left the Mane in a P.O. tantrum. I am waiting to see what you guys are about once the season starts. We have had your kind with the Fireshanahan.com guy here. But, regardless of where you will be, I still think you are a turd.

Sure, whatever. I dont really think you have a full grasp of positions Ive taken.

baja
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
This thing has to play itself out on the field. And it will. Things will get better and eventually new battle lines will be drawn around new premises. Right now the "band wagon" is split in half. Once games start to be played, that is going to shift and the band wagon is going to move in one direction or the other. Whichever direction it moves, the forum will feel some relief because there will be a lot more agreement in that shift.

Only worthwhile post on the thread, well this and the first one.

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 11:20 AM
it started with the wish to lose vs the Viks to move up a few spots. Then we find out you rooted against the Broncos at a Chicago sports bar. I believe you had a broncos jersey also while rooting for the Viks. You have opinions on football and I just want to see if we will see them once the season starts or are we going to have the drama that you have been giving us for months. Simple as that.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, and people need to stop dwelling on Kaylore and Montrose. This divide has had many casualties. Atlas, for example, hasnt been pro-management and he is talking about his heart not being in this team currently. Bear in mind that this is the guy that has every Bronco game on tape over the past 20 years. I regard Atlas as a great Broncos fan. But according to the many pro management types, his devotion over the past 20 years means nothing--he's not a real fan.

I love Khan and Montrose, spent alotta time with them in Denver, and to be fair, they both have real-life commitments that are taking up time now so they want to concentrate on them. Probably a jerk-move on my part to lump them in with the "pro-management types who leave the site in a huff." That's probably not true anyway.

Atlas too, he's a good friend and his situation svcks ...

Like Taco said, let's get the team on the field and try to move forward.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm just quoting Reilly ... I don't even care anymore. It's interesting to learn what really happened, but it's like history class now. Although BTW, you're wrong about Cutler ... by that time he was zero comment.

Cutler was a crybaby ... I just wish we would have had experienced management types in place that could've soothed his little tantrum and made him happy, but oh well.

Not exactly.

Reilly is like the rest of the media. Not enough stories so let's make up a new one.

Cutler says he never heard from Bowlen

Chris Mortensen reports. Asked by text message whether Bowlen has directly tried to contact him, Cutler replied, "No."

"The perception that they've been burning the phone lines the last 10 days is wrong," Cook said. "In fact, the other day I asked Jay if he had heard from them and he said, 'no.'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4034863

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Should I do it?

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm gonna do it .....

BroncoBuff
Go Broncos!

broncswin
WHAT?! So because I miss Cutler and regret we lost him, suddenly I'm not "sticking with my team."

Easy Buff...by the way I like BroncoMcBuff way better than McBroncoBuff, what do I have to do to get BroncMcwins:afro:

lex
08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
it started with the wish to lose vs the Viks to move up a few spots. Then we find out you rooted against the Broncos at a Chicago sports bar. I believe you had a broncos jersey also while rooting for the Viks. You have opinions on football and I just want to see if we will see them once the season starts or are we going to have the drama that you have been giving us for months. Simple as that.

No, its not as simple as that. Youre off on your details.

baja
do it

BroncoBuff
Easy Buff...by the way I like BroncoMcBuff way better than McBroncoBuff, what do I have to do to get BroncMcwins:afro:

pm or rep Taco John or Blue McFlame ;D

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
go broncos!

There ya go, it's why were here. :thumbsup::thumbsup::gobroncos:gobroncos

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
do it

Go Broncos!

kamakazi_kal
08-29-2009, 11:32 AM

Or the salem witch hunts.

lex
08-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I love Khan and Montrose, spent alotta time with them in Denver, and to be fair, they both have real-life commitments that are taking up time now so they want to concentrate on them. Probably a jerk-move on my part to lump them in with the "pro-management types who leave the site in a huff." That's probably not true anyway.

Atlas too, he's a good friend and his situation svcks ...

Like Taco said, let's get the team on the field and try to move forward.

Yeah, thats going to be rough. McDaniels is a good play caller but I dont like this offense and McDaniels is a slave to it.

ScottXray
08-29-2009, 11:37 AM

Oh no not the McCarthy hearings! Those were Un-American! Beating
up on those evil communists, and exposing the Red Menace. Or in this case
the Homer menace!

On the other hand Lex is saying that the current management is running a
Gulag for imprisoned NFL talent, and compares it to Stalin and communist regimes abusing the workers.

You two need to work out which analogy you want to use!

( and all this is in jest )Hilarious!

lex
08-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh no not the McCarthy hearings! Those were Un-American! Beating
up on those evil communists, and exposing the Red Menace. Or in this case
the Homer menace!

On the other hand Lex is saying that the current management is running a
Gulag for imprisoned NFL talent, and compares it to Stalin and communist regimes abusing the workers.

You two need to work out which analogy you want to use!

( and all this is in jest )Hilarious!

You need to stop making stuff up.

Don Flamenco
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello my name is Donald. Don for short and I am a Broncos fan.

I'm glad that I have Kyle Orton and Lamont Jordan to look forward to on Sundays.

That is all

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, thats going to be rough. McDaniels is a good play caller but I dont like this offense and McDaniels is a slave to it.

I agree, it's unproven and experimental.

TheDave
08-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Lets see if I have this striaght...

My name is Jeremy and I'm a broncoholic

Hi Jeremy

Sure glad their are great fans like you jeremy

It's too bad all the meanies ran off "The Good Posters"

Blah, Blah, Blah... Widows

:thumbs:

Blah, Blah, Blah... Nutswingers

:rofl:

Boo Hoo Kaylore...

Boo Hoo Montrose...

!Booya!

Blah, Blah, Blah... McDouche

I'm a good Fan... Your not

randomimage.gif

That's spelled "You're" not "Your"...

LOL

Yep... business as usual

kamakazi_kal
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Hello my name is Donald. Don for short and I am a Broncos fan.

I'm glad that I have Kyle Orton and Lamont Jordan to look forward to on Sundays.

That is all

.... oh .... I almost just threw up on my keyboard.

lex
08-29-2009, 11:53 AM
I agree, it's unproven and experimental.

Yeah, maybe we should bring in Charlie Weis.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, maybe we should bring in Charlie Weis.

Nah, we don't need him, you already have PMS 24/7/365. :egbgb:

lex
08-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Nah, we don't need him, you already have PMS 24/7/365. :egbgb:

Easy there, DenverTwit.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Easy there, DenverTwit.

LOL See what I mean.

meangene
08-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Good post! I hope the whole schism (yep, Bronco fans can use it in a sentence) that has divided the Board will fade once the season starts and we can focus on winning football games and supporting our team whether we agree with the offseason moves or not. And, every time I start reading a thread and the whole Cutler thing is brought up again I simply move on down until that debate is not part of a comment. It has been dead horsed to death!

lex
08-29-2009, 12:05 PM
LOL See what I mean.

Well considering how often youre wrong, no.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Well considering how often youre wrong, no.

Nah, I'm right about you, you're a chronic whiner!!

oubronco
08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Hello. My name is ... Slim Shady

wicky wicky

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 12:23 PM
wucka wucka

footstepsfrom#27
08-29-2009, 12:25 PM
It may be too late...

Other posters who I used to really enjoy reading opinions from have completely gone off the rails and immersed themselves in the bull**** 'with us or against us' attitude that's taken over the forum.

Mediator is probably the only name I'd be interested to see as the lost poster in a thread anymore, because he seems to be the only one with anything interesting left to say anymore.
I'm still here. ;D

maher_tyler
08-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Every thread turns into the same bitchfest. Some of you are the most negative people ever. I get your being real and see problems but for crying out loud it'd be nice to read ONE freaking post where you talk about something positive the team is doing. I would love to see this team win it all, who doesn't?? But we understand that with all the changes that it most likely won't happen...but there is nothing wrong with having hope or having a dream!!

ScottXray
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
You need to stop making stuff up.

right.. I got you and Rasta confused.. Mea culpa.

fido
08-29-2009, 05:28 PM
It may be too late...

I agree, it is sad that they aren't here anymore. But, oskie and co. are still around, though not as much as they used to be. Sad really.

baja
08-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Wow I do that too.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Probably a jerk-move on my part to lump them in with the "pro-management types who leave the site in a huff."

"Lump them in"? They may as well have been your sacraficial lambs...

lex
08-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Thats alright. Im sure youre wrong about a lot of things.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 07:57 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ku3n0rpeRtA/SIjxPENgLgI/AAAAAAAAACU/IvSq94yke4g/s320/crumb_mr_natural_3.jpg

ScottXray
08-30-2009, 08:38 AM

You really are a complete asshat! I apologise for a mistake and you come back with an attack.

By the way .....you mispelled youre and Im......it's your'e and I'm. I know that must bother you, since you are so correct about everything, being perfect, and all.

Broncos4tw
08-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the board! Always awesome to have more Bronco fans around.

Don't be too hard on those who are disgruntled with McD and Orton. Not everyone agrees that the FO or now McD has made the best decisions this offseason. We'll know better in a few years, but right now, I think people are giving him and Orton a bit too much credit. I think we'll be struggling for years.

But no matter.. I'm a huge fan myself. I'll cheer us on regardless. I respect all Bronco fans! Well most, a few are really out there. :D

Bronx33
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Man you guys are good at highjacking a perfectly well intended thread.

SportinOne
08-30-2009, 04:00 PM

again, there are egos in the front office as well. If Cutler is a diva what does that make McDaniels?

get a clue.

broncocalijohn
08-30-2009, 11:22 PM

[/SIZE][/indent]

When did I, telling the actual thread started about sticking with his team, say that you arent sticking with your team? All I asked from you and the anti groups of the Mane if you guys will discuss actual football related events concerning our team that doesnt have anything to do with contracts or Jay that ties into McDaniels once the season starts.

broncosteven
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM

You should write a book on your experiences with running an InteRNEts board and the trends that fanbases experience during various shifts in teams success/failure/rebuilding.

It would be an interesting read, maybe a better thesis paper but interesting non the less.

Dagmar
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM

I used to LOVE reading your posts. Used to.

bloodsunday
08-31-2009, 10:51 AM

Let's be honest, they haven't given us much to be cheery about lately. It's a tough time to be a fan. I don't know why we should be considered bandwagon fans if we have concerns about how this season will turn out?

They have become less than mediocre at home and mediocre overall. That's why the mood of the "fan" is miserable.

55CrushEm
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM

Yeah, hard to like an offense that went undefeated in the regular season, and set just about every record.