PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Aldridge tonight?

bowtown
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
9 carries for 49 yards against the Pats. Looked pretty good. Thank God we got rid of him.

Bronco LB52
08-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Shanahan guys > McDaniels' nut lickers (i.e. Gaffney, Paxton)

Popps
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/149/comicbookguybestthreadedn6.jpg

UberBroncoMan
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Aldridge was a badass when he was here. I was pissed to see him cut.

bowtown
08-28-2009, 11:00 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/149/comicbookguybestthreadedn6.jpg

You're right, paying Buckhalter to hang out with the trainers is much better. And clearing a roster spot for Jordan has paid off in spades.

wandlc
08-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I would like to see Alridge make the Skins roster. Also, a local boy for me was running the ball, Dominique Dorsey, he played his HS ball in Tulare, CA. Unfortunately I think he and Alridge are fighting for the same roster spot with similar size/skill sets.

24champ
08-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I would like to see Alridge make the Skins roster. Also, a local boy for me was running the ball, Dominique Dorsey, he played his HS ball in Tulare, CA. Unfortunately I think he and Alridge are fighting for the same roster spot with similar size/skill sets.

Dorsey was pretty badass at UNLV.

I like his skills, he would be a good return man for the Broncos should he get cut, since our return guys aren't doing so well lately.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I was sad to see Alridge go, but whatever. I think he's got some major skills and would have been good in the offense...he certainly had quicks and could catch the ball out of the backfield. I found his skill set more appealing than JJ Arringtons.

UberBroncoMan
08-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I was sad to see Alridge go, but whatever. I think he's got some major skills and would have been good in the offense...he certainly had quicks and could catch the ball out of the backfield. I found his skill set more appealing than JJ Arringtons.

He's like a Sproles.

Elway777
08-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Maybe the Broncos pick him up if he is cut. The Broncos could use a player to return kickoffs. The skins have to cut someone. I also like Marcus Mason.

telluride
08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
You people are really tiresome.

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 02:38 AM
lol he's a scrub who probably gets cut. 49 yrds vs bkups no big deal. Mike Bell looks better in New Orleans.

LongDongJohnson
08-29-2009, 04:37 AM
preseason hype

RMT
08-29-2009, 06:35 AM

yeah, shanahan really struck gold with players like Niko, Clarett, Henry, Gardener, Carter, Robertson, McCree, Manuel, Winborn, Moss, etc ... the list goes on and on ... it's no wonder he left our defense in such "great shape" when he was fired. :clown:

OABB
08-29-2009, 06:40 AM

Shanahan cut him, dbag.

elsid13
08-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Shanahan cut him, dbag.

No he didn't. Aldridge was put on IR and release after McDaniels came aboard.

Shanahan fired ~December 30, 2008
Aldridge ~Waived February 11, 2009 (to make space for J.J. Arrington)

broncofan7
08-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Shanahan cut him, dbag.

No he didn't. He was on IR and got released after Shanny was fired.....

Denver Broncos

On April 27, 2008, Aldridge signed a contract with the Denver Broncos as a free agent.[5] He was put on the injured reserve by the Broncos following the 53-man cut, ending his season. The Broncos waived him on February 11, 2009.[6]

Quick with insults---slow with knowledge.........:clown:

OABB
08-29-2009, 06:50 AM
No he didn't. Aldridge was put on IR and release after McDaniels came aboard.

Shanahan fired ~December 30, 2008
Aldridge ~Waived February 11, 2009 (to make space for J.J. Arrington)

thanks for pointing out that I am a douchebag. Sorry to the op for my above quote, I Thought it was Shanahan that cut him.

Ironlung
08-29-2009, 07:10 AM

Gaffney will be a good player in Denver, but go right ahead and hate him because after all hes just a McD "nut licker". You're lame.

elsid13
08-29-2009, 07:11 AM
thanks for pointing out that I am a douchebag. Sorry to the op for my above quote, I Thought it was Shanahan that cut him.

No problem. I remember it because I thought is was very strange move at the time (the first of many in my mind), that they cut a young player that was perfect fit for the new system. It makes me wonder if McDaniels really did look at game tape of the all the players like he claimed. Because if he had, I would expect different player management moves then occurred.

baja
08-29-2009, 07:16 AM

Listen up! When telluride calls your bitcching tiresome you better know you are major league whiners, MAJOR LEAGUE!!!!!

orange 4 life
08-29-2009, 08:03 AM
There's only one "d" in his name. Alridge.

Just saying. It got REALLY tiresome listening to announcers and radio show hosts CONSTANTLY mispronounce his name.

Maybe that's why we got rid of him. ;D

I try not to think about it, but that RB situation is frustrating.
Why we cut Alridge, Pittman, and Torain (among others) without giving them a chance to compete is beyond me.

TheChamp24
08-29-2009, 08:09 AM
You people have some brown on your nose, might want to get that cleaned up.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Why we cut Alridge, Pittman, and Torain (among others) without giving them a chance to compete is beyond me.

Nobody else was interested in Pittman as evidenced by the fact that he ended up in the UFL. And we'll see if anybody takes a look at Torain later in the year.

McDman
08-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Nobody else was interested in Pittman as evidenced by the fact that he ended up in the UFL. And we'll see if anybody takes a look at Torain later in the year.

Besides Hillis, Pittman was our best RB last year.

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 08:37 AM

lol no you pissing on threads is .

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Listen up! When telluride calls your bitcching tiresome you better know you are major league whiners, MAJOR LEAGUE!!!!!

Baja I think point out someone had a good game that was a Bronco is not whining.

Rock Chalk
08-29-2009, 08:55 AM
There's only one "d" in his name. Alridge.

Just saying. It got REALLY tiresome listening to announcers and radio show hosts CONSTANTLY mispronounce his name.

Maybe that's why we got rid of him. ;D

I try not to think about it, but that RB situation is frustrating.

Torain was given a chance to compete and the fragile little sissy got hurt...AGAIN.

Pittman is getting up there in years.

Alridge is a one dimensional back, but doesnt really have a lot of upside.

That beign said, I dont like Jordan much and I could give a **** about Arrington (who we cut again right?) but Buckhalter isnt a bad move IMO.

bowtown
08-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Baja I think point out someone had a good game that was a Bronco is not whining.

No, but the way I phrased it was... I was definitely whining. Still kind of am.

Rock Chalk
08-29-2009, 09:00 AM

No, statistically Selvin Young was our best RB last year. He was better than Hillis yes, even in situational running he was better than Hillis.

Selvin was the most consistent runner we had. He had the fewest stops at the line despite what Popps says last year and when he was given the chance on teh rare occassions on 3rd and short, came through most of the time.

He had the most runs between 5-10 yards which are really the best kind of runs when you have a crap defense and should be playing ball control offense.

Hillis came on and because he converted a two notable 3rd and 4th down conversions everyone seems to think he was our best RB but that just wasnt the case.

Now with all that being said, Selvin wasn't likely long for the NFL. I think Selvin benefitted greatly from our strictly zone blocking scheme last year and would have struggled in nearly every other kind of system including this years mix. HIllis is a more versatile player in that I think he can play decent enough as a backup in any system. Don't kid yourself though, if we are going with Hillis as our starter we are in trouble.

broncswin
08-29-2009, 09:21 AM
9 carries for 49 yards against the Pats. Looked pretty good. Thank God we got rid of him.

PRESEASON!! But hey if that's what gets you going...:wiggle:

McDman
08-29-2009, 09:22 AM
No, statistically Selvin Young was our best RB last year. He was better than Hillis yes, even in situational running he was better than Hillis.

Selvin was the most consistent runner we had. He had the fewest stops at the line despite what Popps says last year and when he was given the chance on teh rare occassions on 3rd and short, came through most of the time.

He had the most runs between 5-10 yards which are really the best kind of runs when you have a crap defense and should be playing ball control offense.

Hillis came on and because he converted a two notable 3rd and 4th down conversions everyone seems to think he was our best RB but that just wasnt the case.

Now with all that being said, Selvin wasn't likely long for the NFL. I think Selvin benefitted greatly from our strictly zone blocking scheme last year and would have struggled in nearly every other kind of system including this years mix. HIllis is a more versatile player in that I think he can play decent enough as a backup in any system. Don't kid yourself though, if we are going with Hillis as our starter we are in trouble.

Good points, although I don't exactly agree. I still think talent wise Hillis was our best RB. Look at the games he started and I think we were like 4-1. Also it's easy to forget he was only a rookie last year.

I don't think Hillis as a starter would mean trouble, just look at what he has done during our preseason as well as regular season last year. He has the ability and footwork to break off thirty yard gains and he is almost always going to get positive yardage.

BTW, way is Young now?

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Torain was given a chance to compete and the fragile little sissy got hurt...AGAIN.

That beign said, I dont like Jordan much and I could give a **** about Arrington (who we cut again right?) but Buckhalter isnt a bad move IMO.

About right

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 09:33 AM
No, but the way I phrased it was... I was definitely whining. Still kind of am.

well stop then we got some fine ass backs to watch thank MCd for that.

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Would anyone be interested in Jordan...?

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 09:36 AM
I still hope Aldridge kicks some ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he seems to one hell of a kid .

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 09:56 AM
It was a mistake, but oh well. Every team makes 'em.

Kenny Peterson, Mario Haggan, Ryan McBean - 3 starters here who were waived elsewhere
Goodman, Hill, Fields, Weigmann, Stokley - 5 starters here let go in free agency

Same probably on every roster.

Desmond Clark tomorrow ... provokes the same thoughts.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Good analysis, glad to see I'm not alone on Selvin. Sometimes it seemed like I was.

s0phr0syne
08-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Good analysis, glad to see I'm not alone on Selvin. Sometimes it seemed like I was.

Seems like a lot of the guys that have their heads on straight like Selvin are the same guys that are "injury prone". Probably some correlation between getting a good perspective on life while riding the pine and rehabbing. It's a shame though.

McDman
08-29-2009, 10:08 AM
I like Selvin no doubt, but I just think Hillis is a better RB, also much more versatile. They had about the same running stats, but in two years Young only scored two touchdowns, while in twelve games Hillis scored five.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Would anyone be interested in Jordan...?

Very possibly not. I'm not a big fan and actually hope he gets cut, but he was on NE's roster last year and he does know McD's offense.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 10:16 AM
It was a mistake, but oh well.

We don't know that yet, let's not jump to conclusions. For all we know he won't make the Skins and will be out of football this year.

As for Selvin Young, he's currently a street free agent.

Popps
08-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, some third string scrub ran for 40 yards in the pre-season against some ****ty players who will likely be cut shortly....

Let's talk about it for 9 pages....

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 10:21 AM

no pro team wants pittman hes a physical wreck. Any vet on roster opening day salary is garaunteed. Old guys like Pittman just not worth the risk.

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey guys, some third string scrub ran for 40 yards in the pre-season against some ****ty players who will likely be cut shortly....

this place has really became a joke. I thought Bronco fans knew football better then this but i guess not.

To even care what players we cut are doing is stupid. Hixon the only one out there we should even be talking about and guess who cut that player?

Not one player Mcdaniels cut will make an impact anywhere in the NFL this yr.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
To even care what players we cut are doing is stupid.

Speak for yourself there, Mr. Hawking.

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Speak for yourself there, Mr. Hawking.

I'll speak for you if I want to, what r you going to do about? Not like your spider and will drive 200 miles to throat punch me.

Speaking for Broncobuff I want to apologize for all the bad jokes I have made.

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
LOL

You guys are taking my mind off the rage I'm having from quitting chewing tobacco today.

Thanks.

baja
08-29-2009, 11:02 AM

You missed my point crash, for years telluride has been the poster boy poster for complaining but I like him anyway. ;D

baja
08-29-2009, 11:04 AM
LOL

You guys are taking my mind off the rage I'm having from quitting chewing tobacco today.

Thanks.

Not to worry you will have a jaw full of chew by, say by Sunday @ 8 PM PDT

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 11:05 AM

At first it was funny and I thought people would eventually get back to being fans of the team. Now they come report anything negative maybe not with glee, but for sure with a lot of zeal.

Good job people it catching on. You have fans scouring the internet to find anything they can use to try and bum us all out, make things worst then they are, or just pour salt in our own wounds. Any way you look at it board has become a big pile of poop.

And to think last yr I was the negative one!!!! Remember that Popps? that's funny. I can remember arguing with Kaylore that Shanny was rolling out scrubs on defense, and most people on board saying you need to give them a chance MR negative.

Look what most of those same posters doing this yr shall we? Kaylore just ain't around because he's probably burnt out on a bunch of crappy fans. Many other posters gone. And then all these other ones, minus a few of us, being more negative then I ever was.

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL

Thanks.

eeesh gotta do it though man. Good luck. Maybe just bang your head against the wall if it gets bad.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 11:09 AM

There's some ignorant fools on this board. I get tired of these implications that the Bronco staff are idiots because they let go of this Shanny guy or that Shanny guy. It's just pure ignorance. Ignorant fools have been hollering about Pittman being released, some people think the staff was just plain incomprehensible idiots to let him go.

Florida Tuskers
On August 12, 2009, it was announced that the UFL had signed Pittman to play with it's Florida Tuskers franchise along with Koren Robinson for head coach Jim Haslett.

There were people totally out of their minds furious Pittman was let go. Unbelievable.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
At first it was funny and I thought people would eventually get back to being fans of the team. Now they come report anything negative maybe not with glee, but for sure with a lot of zeal.

Good job people it catching on. You have fans scouring the internet to find anything they can use to try and bum us all out, make things worst then they are, or just pour salt in our own wounds. Any way you look at it board has become a big pile of poop.

And to think last yr I was the negative one!!!! Remember that Popps? that's funny. I can remember arguing with Kaylore that Shanny was rolling out scrubs on defense, and most people on board saying you need to give them a chance MR negative.

Look what most of those same posters doing this yr shall we? Kaylore just ain't around because he's probably burnt out on a bunch of crappy fans. Many other posters gone. And then all these other ones, minus a few of us, being more negative then I ever was.

You had the rationality factor going for you. 90% of the negativity I see now is totally irrational. I can see some room for criticism, but 90% is hysterics.

broncswin
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
this place has really became a joke. I thought Bronco fans knew football better then this but i guess not.

To even care what players we cut are doing is stupid. Hixon the only one out there we should even be talking about and guess who cut that player?

Not one player Mcdaniels cut will make an impact anywhere in the NFL this yr.

Bro, it's like speaking to a def person with ear muffs on...some of these people have it ingrained in their heads that McD is the devil(as Bobby's mom would say...McD is the devil, the devil I tell ya). What is bad is that everytime something bad happens they will jump all over him for it. I am not saying he handled every situation perfectly, but I know he has had to clean up a few of Mr. Shannahan's messes.;)

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Not to worry you will have a jaw full of chew by, say by Sunday @ 8 PM PDT

It's possible. Could definitely get drunk and forget I'm quitting.

Don Flamenco
08-29-2009, 11:35 AM
You're right, paying Buckhalter to hang out with the trainers is much better. And clearing a roster spot for Jordan has paid off in spades.

Don't worry. The Lamon Jordon-Orton era will be a glorious one for us bronco fans.

McDaniels rules!

footstepsfrom#27
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Good kid with the quicks to be a nice return man...I hated to see him go. I hope he makes it.

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
There's some ignorant fools on this board. I get tired of these implications that the Bronco staff are idiots because they let go of this Shanny guy or that Shanny guy. It's just pure ignorance. Ignorant fools have been hollering about Pittman being released, some people think the staff was just plain incomprehensible idiots to let him go.

Florida Tuskers
On August 12, 2009, it was announced that the UFL had signed Pittman to play with it's Florida Tuskers franchise along with Koren Robinson for head coach Jim Haslett.

There were people totally out of their minds furious Pittman was let go. Unbelievable.

When? Pittman was old and busted. I doubt you will find many people that are fans of having old busted ass RBs on the down side of their careers on the roster. I didn't think Pittman would make it through the year just like I don't believe Jordan will make it through the year. I don't know why its so hard to find big pile moving backs that are young. Hell the Giants seem to do a pretty good job of that. If we just had to have a over the hill busted ass RB with "good hands" I think Edgerrin James would have been a better choice. He is a shell of his former self but I think he can at least give us a full year.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 01:18 PM

Careful, cut, pretty soon you'll have Buff and Blue lecturing you about how this isn't true. It's the optimists who are the bad guys and "thought police"...

maher_tyler
08-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Cutting him has been the only move i haven't liked.

wandlc
08-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Hixon was not cut. He was claimed off of waivers when they tried to send him to the practice squad.

oubronco
08-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I didn't see Aldrige but Chris Redman looked real good tonite

Popps
08-29-2009, 09:54 PM

Florida Tuskers

Hilarious!

Elway777
08-29-2009, 10:22 PM
I didn't see Aldrige but Chris Redman looked real good tonite So did Drew Stanton. Lead Detroit to another come from behind victory. Stanton has a cannon for a arm plus has good mobility. The Broncos need to trade for Stanton. I also think the Broncos sould sign Aldrigde and put Walker on practice squad. The Skins will cut Aldrrige because they already have Portis, Bettis, Cartwight and Marcus Mason.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:41 PM
You had the rationality factor going for you. 90% of the negativity I see now is totally irrational. I can see some room for criticism, but 90% is hysterics.

Hysterics? I don't see anything like that.

Gimme some links ... and no excuses.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2009, 10:43 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I guess Shanny put in a good word for Alridge and the Skins picked him up.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:44 PM

Here you go.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/test-area/68007d1240802426-upload-test-dr-phil-fam_midol_max_strength_caple-5300.jpg

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I guess Shanny put in a good word for Alridge and the Skins picked him up.

Dude, what's the matter with you?

You know we're not allowed to talk about Shanahan and ex-Broncos? C'mon, you're gonna tick off cutthemdown and the rest of the angry minority (dwindling minority) who thing management can do no wrong.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Good kid with the quicks to be a nice return man...I hated to see him go. I hope he makes it.

That is EXACTLY the right attitude to take.

Damn, I'm glad you whining thought-police are so dwindling in numbers....

Popps
08-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, has Travis McGriff caught any passes in the 4th quarter of any preseason games?

I'm just wondering when we should post a melt-down thread, since we cut him and all.

Let me know...

Vegas_Bronco
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Dorsey was pretty badass at UNLV.

I like his skills, he would be a good return man for the Broncos should he get cut, since our return guys aren't doing so well lately.

UNLV....in the orangemane...I knew there was a reason to visit.

Gcver2ver3
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM

well apparently he's not as good as you thought...

he was cut by the Redskins...

TonyR
09-05-2009, 04:53 PM
It was a mistake, but oh well. Every team makes 'em.

LOL. I guess you can add the Skins to the list. I think I'll drink a Bud Light and hum the "real men of genius" ditty...

rastaman
09-05-2009, 06:36 PM

One thing Shanny could do was evaluate offensive talent.

rastaman
09-05-2009, 06:38 PM
well apparently he's not as good as you thought...

he was cut by the Redskins...

Don't worry, Shanny will pick him up next year!:wiggle:

Popps
09-05-2009, 06:49 PM
And to think last yr I was the negative one!!!! Remember that Popps? that's funny. .

Apparently, here's the formula...

Complain about 3 bad years, a terrible defense and 1 playoff win in ten years...

bad.

Complain about a team that hasn't taken the field yet...

good.

So, your problem was, you were using past results and evidence for your criticism. The key here now seems to be that we should all insist upon failure before we've seen this team play a single game.

God help us if they lose a game. Can you imagine? The franchise has already been "set back 50 years." Imagine if we actually lose a professional football game. This place will implode.

rastaman
09-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Complain about 3 bad years, a terrible defense and 1 playoff win in ten years...

bad.

good.

So, your problem was, you were using past results and evidence for your criticism. The key here now seems to be that we should all insist upon failure before we've seen this team play a single game.

God help us if they lose a game. Can you imagine? The franchise has already been "set back 50 years." Imagine if we actually lose a professional football game. This place will implode.

Tell me Homer....will it be okay to complain about the 3 bad years McDaniels more than likely will have????:sunshine:

TonyR
09-05-2009, 07:31 PM

bad.

good.

Now that's a good point. Even funnier is that the people who aren't bashing the team and front office every chance they get are the ones who are supposedly unreasonable.

orange 4 life
09-05-2009, 09:13 PM

Buckhalter seems to go down like a ton of bricks every time he gets hit.

I see your points, but I think Pittman still had something left in the tank, Alridge could've been a nice "scat" back (which we don't have), and Torain just seemed to have SO MUCH upside.
I guess I just wanted to see them duke it out in preseason instead of the rush decisions which seemed unnecessary.

UberBroncoMan
09-05-2009, 09:54 PM
If Torain is still healthy I don't think Jordan makes the team... tis a shame.