PDA

View Full Version : Rick Reilly's Go Fish (8/28/09)

WolfpackGuy
08-28-2009, 09:13 PM
I hope this is a just sick joke by Rick Reilly...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish

TheDave
08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Bowlen, 65, admitted recently that he has "short-term memory loss." There are whole parts of the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons he says he can't recall.

Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.

But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back.

"Jay called him twice," said one source. "It's unbelievable it came to this."
Is it possible Bowlen forgot?

This nightmare never ends...

Boobs McGee
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
LOL wow. I kept thinking....hey, this is sarcasm and parody. BUT it sounds like he's actually being serious.

maher_tyler
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
:rofl:

brncs_fan
08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I just threw up a lot in my mouth

Chris
08-28-2009, 09:27 PM
LET

IT

GO

This is a sport. It's entertainment. Enjoy yourselves for once.

worm
08-28-2009, 09:33 PM
If this is true at any level then Bowlen could go a long way towards correcting the problem by removing himself from the process, firing Xanders the sock puppet and hiring a real GM to assume all player personnel control.

bronco militia
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
that's funny....you'd think jay cutler would have told someone else by now

and what the **** does Joe Ellis's relationship with George W Bush have to do with Jay Cutler....news flash. Shanny, Elway and Bowlen are all friends with the Bush's

sounds like someone has an ax to grind

Hulamau
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM
It's pure bull**** Bowlen and Ellis have offered many times to show any and everyone the phone records PROVING that they called Cutler and his agent several times and that Cutler never called him back. Nor has Jay once time publicly disputed the FACT that he didn't call him back.

Rick Reilly is one of Shanny's good ole buddy's from way back/. Reilly had carte blance inside scoop to the Broncos for Years durign teh Shanny Elway years.

Its what made him in part as a sports writer. SO now hes a totally biases shill for the other side. Spreading 'hearsay' from 'unnamed sources' making a pun of of Bowlen's comments last spring about Memory loss.

Reilly is a total fool. All you kiddies who get you titties in a twister at the slightest hint of a rumor ... learn to discriminate!

Pseudofool
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
So how would three different source know that Cutler called Bowlen if Bowlen can't even remember it (or denies it)? So the sources are: Jay Cutler, Bus Cook, and Cutler's Dad.

DeuceOfClub
08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
This season, the general Las Vegas over/under on Broncos wins is seven. They'll be lucky to get six.

Poor Vegas, Mr Reilly just out smarted them.

ton80
08-28-2009, 09:57 PM
It's pure bull**** Bowlen and Ellis have offered many times to show any and everyone the phone records PROVING that they called Cutler and his agent several times and that Cutler never called him back. Nor has Jay once time publicly disputed the FACT that he didn't call him back.

Rick Reilly is one of Shanny's good ole buddy's from way back/. Reilly had carte blance inside scoop to the Broncos for Years durign teh Shanny Elway years.

Its what made him in part as a sports writer. SO now hes a totally biases shill for the other side. Spreading 'hearsay' from 'unnamed sources' making a pun of of Bowlen's comments last spring about Memory loss.

Reilly is a total fool. All you kiddies who get you titties in a twister at the slightest hint of a rumor ... learn to discriminate!

I'll quote you and save myself the trouble of saying the same thing. Reilly has lowered himself to a new low. He displays an intentional lack of critical thinking to intentionally spread rumor and 2nd or 3rd hand information. This is pathetic.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 09:57 PM

and what the **** does Joe Ellis's relationship with George W Bush have to do with Jay Cutler....news flash. Shanny, Elway and Bowlen are all friends with the Bush's

I could think of better friends to have than hanging out with GW Bush. HW Bush, maybe so.

theAPAOps5
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I have it from an impartial party that Cutler did indeed ignore Bowlen and that Cutler had certain people in his ear telling him to turn his back on the team and demand a trade. See, Cutler is a very week minded mentally instable person. He is easily influenced and motivated by 2 things; Booze and Money. If you provide him those 2 things he will do your bidding.

In the case of the Broncos the mental retard was easily influenced.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM

Touche'.......Bowlen would never lie-----he just couldn't recall or remember or whatever!!! Nothing like plausible denial as your ace in the hole or get out of jail free card.

Oh well can't lie forever. Sooner or later the truth comes out.

worm
08-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I have it from an impartial party that Cutler did indeed ignore Bowlen and that Cutler had certain people in his ear telling him to turn his back on the team and demand a trade. See, Cutler is a very week minded mentally instable person. He is easily influenced and motivated by 2 things; Booze and Money. If you provide him those 2 things he will do your bidding.

In the case of the Broncos the mental retard was easily influenced.

You have an impartial party, Nick, Reilly has three sources....man that is an awful lot of people that are aware of calls being or not being made between two people over a span of a couple weeks.

ton80
08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
You have an impartial party, Nick, Reilly has three sources....man that is an awful lot of people that are aware of calls being or not being made between two people over a span of a couple weeks.

Did he name the sources? No. He might as well have fifty sources. What difference does the number make?

theAPAOps5
08-28-2009, 10:10 PM

Yes but I have friends and not Facebook friends but actual people who I went to school with and hung out with who go to Dove Valley every day and they vouch that Bowlen is on top of his game and that Cutler wanted out from the get go.

So I trust my friends over media sources like Reilly.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Rick Reilly but he also says a lot of stuff to get people to read.

He once took a shot at the CU football program only to be shut down and embarrassed in the end. He is much like Woody Paige, a great writer who makes you think and talk but who has minimal substance.

ton80
08-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Stating unsubstantiated information and hiding behind unnamed sources is a gutless act.

theAPAOps5
08-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Stating unsubstantiated information and hiding behind unnamed sources is a gutless act.

Well if you must know my college classmate is a TE on the team and has a twin brother. My friend is his former college roommate and former CU Buff. Thats as far as I will go in naming names.... But I think you can put the pieces together!

worm
08-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes but I have friends and not Facebook friends but actual people who I went to school with and hung out with who go to Dove Valley every day and they vouch that Bowlen is on top of his game and that Cutler wanted out from the get go.

So I trust my friends over media sources like Reilly.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Rick Reilly but he also says a lot of stuff to get people to read.

He once took a shot at the CU football program only to be shut down and embarrassed in the end. He is much like Woody Paige, a great writer who makes you think and talk but who has minimal substance.

Oh I am not doubting you at all....I just find it funny that all these people seem to know whether a phone call was made or not made. I have visions of all these 'sources' working for Ma Bell or a wire tapping service.

I agree that Reilly is more of an opinion piece writer and any 'facts' should be checked. I bet the question on calling is posed to Cutler again this week. The story that will never die.

24champ
08-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Well if you must know my college classmate is a TE on the team and has a twin brother. My friend is his former college roommate and former CU Buff. Thats as far as I will go in naming names.... But I think you can put the pieces together!

Do you guys take the lightrail together?;D

Pseudofool
08-28-2009, 10:20 PM

Mustard. I knew it.

orange skier
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Did anyone catch the suit that Rick Reilly was wearing at the British Open......??? a white suit with a lavender shirt and purple tie......he looked fricking ridiculous.....I was actually embarassed for him.........at a golf tournament.......WOW.........he would have looked better in drag.........

lostknight
08-28-2009, 10:46 PM

If anyone would bother to remember - it was Cutler that was quiet this entire time, and the front office that was sliming him every chance they got.

lostknight
08-28-2009, 10:47 PM

I think it's well past time someone asked for Bowlen's records - or Jays. However, if that person is a Denver beat writer, the chance that anyone will? Next to none.

JCMElway
08-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Good god. Something as important as Getting a call back from your star QB in a tussle with the front office would not be forgotten without a major memory problem. I'm sure if Bowlen didn't remember that there would have been other major things that would have been slipping. He does way too much work on various committees for the NFL. To forget the Cutler call would be like dementia or Alzheimer's or something. Complete BS.

Rock Chalk
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh I am not doubting you at all....I just find it funny that all these people seem to know whether a phone call was made or not made. I have visions of all these 'sources' working for Ma Bell or a wire tapping service.

I agree that Reilly is more of an opinion piece writer and any 'facts' should be checked. I bet the question on calling is posed to Cutler again this week. The story that will never die.

worm you are such a tool.

If this was true, why would Ellis and Bowlen BOTH offer to show publically their phone records and why when this **** went down did Cutler never ONCE deny ignoring Bowlen?

You have absolutely no answer for either of those questions you just WANT this **** to be the FO's fault.

****ing tool.

Kid A
08-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Anyone else think the Broncos/Bowlen's lawyers might be in contact with Reilly in the near future? Pretty huge accusations, and if they're going to stand I think some of his sources might have to become public.

I won't dismiss what Reilly is claiming out of hand, but knowing 1) that many sources have backed Bowlen's claim (along with Bowlen/Ellis offering the phone records), 2) Reilly is friends with Cutler, and 3) the seriousness of his claims about an individual's mental ability, I think Rick has a fairly high standard of evidence to meet.

If he wants to get buddy buddy with every athlete that lets him hang with them that's fine (and that's what he does). But if he wants to play investigator on a news event involving one of those athletes, he's going to have to raise his level of reporting.

lostknight
08-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Look. The reality is simple. Both sides are making accusations about what occured. We know have a second player (who admitidly is a idiot) saying the exact same thing. So it's time to test the waters. If Cutler backers are asserting (and remember that Cutler was phenomenally careful to say nothing during the entire mess - the only time he said anything was at a sporting event someone caught him at)that he made the calls, then check if he made the calls. Pure and simple.

That reduces it to a binary set of events. Either the Bronco's are lying through their teeth to protect Bowlen, Ellis, and their rookie coach (who would be the most incompetent GM in the league), or Cutler is the weasel his critics make them out to be.

I for one am very curious to know.

Orange4Life
08-28-2009, 11:11 PM
This article is a load of ****. To say its weird that Bowlen has not called Shanny is a pure reach. Even if they were the best of friends I'm sure they are not anymore. When one friend fires another friend it puts a little stain on that relationship. I guess its weird that Shanny hasn't called Bowlen either. Its obvious that Reilly is just trying to take shots at the Broncos Organization.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 11:24 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/theateam911/look_2-1.gif

worm
08-28-2009, 11:36 PM
worm you are such a tool.

If this was true, why would Ellis and Bowlen BOTH offer to show publically their phone records and why when this **** went down did Cutler never ONCE deny ignoring Bowlen?

You have absolutely no answer for either of those questions you just WANT this **** to be the FO's fault.

****ing tool.

I have no ****ing idea what happened....and neither do you Alec.

There is a hell of a lot of he said, she said. Maybe Bowlen really does have memory loss like he joked about, maybe he is on top of his game as Apa's friend said, maybe Cutler did call him as Reillys 'sources' said, maybe the phone records will show what Ellis and Bowlen are stating. Who knows? It is all one giant cluster****.

All this would be in the past right now if there wasn't an assertion by Brandon that Bowlen promised to trade him early this summer. Which again calls into question Bowlen's judgement depending on how correct Brandon is being. Has Bowlen or anybody in the FO addressed this point?

For the record, I like Josh as a HC. I love Bowlen as an owner. I just want an experienced GM that can deliver a clear, strong, consistent message to the organization, players and media. Its not 'rocket surgery'.

Los Broncos
08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
This off season just gets better I hope this nightmare ends soon.

24champ
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1238409599_nom_nom.gif

bombay
08-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Haven't seen Reilly come out of the bathroom at Reiver's with a runny nose in a couple of years.

Killericon
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8947/kimleaving.gif (http://img42.imageshack.us/i/kimleaving.gif/)

Donk
08-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Did anyone look at the phone records?

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Did anyone look at the phone records?

I know that most average American house hold has 3 numbers under one cell phone plan. How many different phone numbers do you think Pat has? I'm not saying that Cutler called Pat back at all but my god man it would be pretty easy for a man like Pat to make something like this in his favor to fans.

Popps
08-29-2009, 01:33 AM
I know that most average American house hold has 3 numbers under one cell phone plan. How many different phone numbers do you think Pat has? I'm not saying that Cutler called Pat back at all but my god man it would be pretty easy for a man like Pat to make something like this in his favor to fans.

Not really. Because Cutler likely just has one phone, and all he has to do is show the record of the call.

So, if he called... there's no possible way Bowlen and the staff can make claims that he didn't. Cutler could prove it in a matter of seconds. Pop on-line, print it out.. done.

Yet, Cutler never did. I wonder why?

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 01:38 AM
I'll quote you and save myself the trouble of saying the same thing. Reilly has lowered himself to a new low. He displays an intentional lack of critical thinking to intentionally spread rumor and 2nd or 3rd hand information. This is pathetic.

but if 2nd or 3rd hand gossip came from the light rail, does it make it credible to you then?

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Not really. Because Cutler likely just has one phone, and all he has to do is show the record of the call.

So, if he called... there's no possible way Bowlen and the staff can make claims that he didn't. Cutler could prove it in a matter of seconds. Pop on-line, print it out.. done.

I understand that and thats why I don't think he called him back but to think that we are going to want to look over the phone records of a rich man like Pat is nuts. I worked for a phone company before and believe me people brought in their phone bills to bitch about every thing that they could. He would have to have a book each month.

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Good god. Something as important as Getting a call back from your star QB in a tussle with the front office would not be forgotten without a major memory problem. I'm sure if Bowlen didn't remember that there would have been other major things that would have been slipping. He does way too much work on various committees for the NFL. To forget the Cutler call would be like dementia or Alzheimer's or something. Complete BS.

If Bowlen got the call, he would have told Xanders, McDaniels and even his secretary that Cutler just called. If Bowlen had memory loss, it is from 10 years ago not something that would have happened seconds before. They (the front office) are waiting to hear word from Cutler and you think the second that Cutler called, Bowlen wouldnt have told a soul? Do I need to get a Few Good Men out for ya and let you know what Santiago didnt do when he was leaving for the rest of his life. You know what. It didnt happen BECAUSE THERE WAS NO CALL!

SureShot
08-29-2009, 03:11 AM
"Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.

But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back. "

Que Popps and EagleFalconguy:

SureShot
08-29-2009, 03:14 AM

and what the **** does joe ellis's relationship with george w bush have to do with jay cutler....news flash. Shanny, elway and bowlen are all friends with the bush's

ColoradoDarin
08-29-2009, 06:03 AM

You would think that Pat's assistant would remind him "Hey Mr. Bowlen, remember I put Cutler's call through...."

Irish Stout
08-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Personally, I think pat needs to come out and clarify this memory issue thing. My impression when he first said it was that it was a poorly timed, executed joke. That he meant he couldn't remember the super bowls, or winning and that's why it was time for a change. The Denver post is the only other source I've seen ( besides the omane) that has speculated as to Pat's memory loss statement as affecting these last few months and the things that have occurred. The fact is we haveno idea what actually happened or what is really going on with Pat Bowlen.

theAPAOps5
08-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Mustard. I knew it.

Yeah he is a great source! :)

TotallyScrewed
08-29-2009, 08:54 AM
LOL wow. I kept thinking....hey, this is sarcasm and parody. BUT it sounds like he's actually being serious.

I'm telling you...the whole sporting world is laughing...LOUDLY at our expense.

TotallyScrewed
08-29-2009, 09:10 AM

I wonder how long it will take for the current owner (yes, I'm hopeful that we don't resemble the Raiders), to get the message whether the phone rings or not??

ghwk
08-29-2009, 11:08 AM
If anyone would bother to remember - it was Cutler that was quiet this entire time, and the front office that was sliming him every chance they got.

Oh. My. God. Can we not rehash this for the 9 millionth time everyone? Just go find one of the other 10k posts that say what you want to say and link to it.

bpc
08-29-2009, 11:30 AM
This has not received enough attention. Bowlen has flip-flopped on 4 or 5 crucial statements he's made over the past year. Shannahan, the GM position, Cutler, and could Bmarsh be lumped in there with this supposed trade that Bowlen said he would get him?

Joe Ellis reminds me of the incidious creature WormTongue that was poisoning the mind of Theoden, king of Rohan from LOTR. While that is complementing Bowlen a little too much, you can see the similarities.

Unfortunately these lines and comparisons can be seen as similar to what has befallen the Raider nation. A decrepit, twisted owner who keeps reiterating the same scheme that won him super bowls and prominence back in the 70's and maintains the power to continue his organizations futility. Only Bowlen puts on a good face and claims ignorance/memory failure as to why his organization has collapsed in a mere 5 months.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
This has not received enough attention. Bowlen has flip-flopped on 4 or 5 crucial statements he's made over the past year. Shannahan, the GM position, Cutler, and could Bmarsh be lumped in there with this supposed trade that Bowlen said he would get him?

Yeah, wow .....

This is astonishing:

Bowlen, 65, admitted recently that he has "short-term memory loss." There are whole parts of the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons he says he can't recall.

Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.

But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
LET

IT

GO

This is a sport. It's entertainment. Enjoy yourselves for once.

That's true of course, but some of us like to rehash it.

gunns
08-29-2009, 11:46 AM

As I've said many times NO ONE but the party's involved know what REALLY happened. It cracks me up when we get this

Seems some are worried they may be wrong. And most of us probably are. People that buy everything the media feeds them generally turn out to be clueless. The main thing that has disappointed me this off season is Bowlen getting publicly involved. He should have stayed in the shadows and ran his team. Above is a prime reason everyone needs to drop the subject, particularly the one about a QB from another team. It's the Broncos we all care about and the season is upon us. THAT'S what is now important.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Both Cutler and Bus Cook denied EVER RECEIVING A CALL FROM BOWLEN.

So which calls did Cutler return??

Reilly's bullsh*t is obvious.

footstepsfrom#27
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
They're also noticing that more and more of the final decisions have come down to Chief Operating Officer Joe Ellis, a cousin of George W. Bush...
We are so screwed.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 01:51 PM

I know you're ticked off, but that isn't true. Reilly was an excellent writer before Elway and Bowlen, he goes back to the Reeves era. I was in fantasy leagues with him in the 80s, the Jeff Kingery baseball league, and he's a great guy.

Besides, SI didn't make him their #1 columnist because he had the inside pipeline to the Broncos.

I agree there's something strange about that article ... but wtf cares anymore?

bombay
08-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Whether he's right or wrong about this, reilly is truly a piece of ****.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Whether he's right or wrong about this, reilly is truly a piece of ****.

Why? (Without mentioning this article)

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 02:04 PM
My 1985 Fantasy Team co-owned with Fowler:

1B - Darrell Evans, Tigers
2B - Tim Teufel, Twins
3B - Carney Lansford, A's
SS - Tony Fernandez, Bluejays
C - Lance Parrish, Tigers
OF - Tony Gwynn, Padres
OF -
OF - Pat Sheridan, Royals
OF -
UT - Frank White, Royals
UT -
SP - Burt Blyleven, Indians
SP - Milt Wilcox, Tigers
SP - David Palmer - Expos
SP -
RP - Jeff Reardon, Expos
RP -

Zappolo won the league that year because he drafted Roger Clemens, coming off a bad injury.

Don Flamenco
08-29-2009, 02:07 PM
ahh, good ol' Carney playing third base.

Bronco LB52
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Bowlen is so full of himself. He put this stylish shot of himself on the team's 2009 yearbook! He looks so cool like James Bond!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/001.jpg

We fans all love the Broncos because we like to watch our owner trot up and down the sidelines! Where's my Bowlen jersey?

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Bowlen is so full of himself. He put this stylish shot of himself on the team's 2009 yearbook! He looks so cool like James Bond!

We fans all love the Broncos because we like to watch our owner trot up and down the sidelines! Where's my Bowlen jersey?

That's actually really, really funny

Ramathorn
08-29-2009, 07:19 PM
If you saw bowlen at zimmerman hof induction, then you would say what rick reilly says is true. IT was a joke. Man couldnt remember ****. Had to pause before every word. We almost got laughed out of the joint. 27atwater can attest to it.

broncosteven
08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't know about you guys but after this offseason I would feel better with Ralph Wilson or even Lamar Hunt as our owner than the guy with the beaver pelt coat.

/ yes I know Hunt is dead, it is called Scarasm

broncosteven
08-29-2009, 07:36 PM

...?

I was thinking he looks more like Al Davis than Bond...

Br0nc0Buster
08-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Well if Rick Reilly says it....

I guess Cutler didnt leave his playbook in Denver either, or Im sure Champ was lying when he said Cutler never called him back

broncosteven
08-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Well if Rick Reilly says it....

I guess Cutler didnt leave his playbook in Denver either, or Im sure Champ was lying when he said Cutler never called him back

Rick was right about Sammy Sosa doing Roids, he called him out on national radio, it took a couple years but the real truth came out.

Add all the good things Reilly has done to promote Elway and Denver I got to take his word over anyone from the Broncos organization right now after this debacle of an off season.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-29-2009, 07:44 PM

A shot, as in a single shot at the CU football program? IIRC, CU doesn't include him on their list of distinguished alumni anymore because of his terrible (and by that I mean terribly inaccurate) reporting on CU athletics. It seemed like he felt it was his duty to go out of his way to bash his alma mater to establish some sort of credibility.

Reilly ranks up there with Mike Evans for me, if they have the same position that I do, it's time to re-think my position.

Br0nc0Buster
08-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Rick was right about Sammy Sosa doing Roids, he called him out on national radio, it took a couple years but the real truth came out.

Add all the good things Reilly has done to promote Elway and Denver I got to take his word over anyone from the Broncos organization right now after this debacle of an off season.

After all the bashing he has done on Josh, I would like to see something a bit more substantial than "unnamed sources told me" when offering his insight on the whole Cutler fiasco

Cutler did other things though to show his displeasure, so I find it odd that Bowlen would harp on that specific issue if it wasnt true. Cutler woudlnt talk to his teammates, would talk to the coaches, left his playbook, etc...
I dont see the point in making up another excuse, whether or not Jay returned Pats phonecall does not desolve the issue that he made it known he didnt want to be there

RunSilentRunDeep
08-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Reilly is not a reporter, he's a columnist. Unnamed sources are lame. It's even more lame when you can't even say where the sources are placed. Team management? Friends/business associates of Cutler?

And honestly, you don't think Schefter would have had this before a humor columnist?

Kid A
08-29-2009, 09:06 PM

25 "Unforgettable" Years? Who said irony is dead...

bombay
08-29-2009, 09:16 PM

Probably. It's hypocritical to ask someone to take a drug test if you can't pass one yourself.

DenverBrit
08-29-2009, 09:21 PM

Reilly is reporting that Cutler returned Bowlen's call.

A call, Cutler swears he never received. So how could he return it?

It's a slow news week apparently.

watermock
08-29-2009, 10:00 PM
25 "Unforgettable" Years? Who said irony is dead....

"Rimshot-crash!"

hambone13
09-02-2009, 03:53 AM

Why would he need to prove any thing if he got what he wanted...a trade. He also got to go to the team he's a personal fan of. He doesn't need to stir the pot any more. It would do nothing but burn more bridges for him to prove anything. It would be especially cruel and unnecessary to prove Bowlen is losing his marbles especially when he has ties as high as the former presidency. You leave it alone.

This offer of "showing the phone records" is a farce anyway. What journalist wouldn't take them up on that offer and publish them? Like that was every really going to happen.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 08:15 AM

QFT

Exactly what I was thinking. How does Reilly even have connections outside of Bristol?

Broncos4tw
09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Who cares... Jay could probably care less if anything is proven at this point. They pretty much screwed the pooch when they had their meeting, and said none of the right things to make Jay feel like he was the guy. That imo, was the critical mistake. What happened after hardly matters.

If they had wanted to keep Jay, they could easily have said the right things to do so. He'd still be a Bronco if they really wanted him, make no mistake. They didn't care, they think this magical system will fix all our problems, and apparently we can do it with budget players. This won't work, but I guess after a few years suffering, maybe the fans will start to realize the truth of it.

Cito Pelon
09-02-2009, 09:16 AM

Nah, Jay called him back. He just did it from a phone someone left on the bar when they went on the dance floor, shouted some unintelligible words, then hung up.

That's about as reputable a take as Reilly's.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Who cares... Jay could probably care less if anything is proven at this point. They pretty much screwed the pooch when they had their meeting, and said none of the right things to make Jay feel like he was the guy. That imo, was the critical mistake. What happened after hardly matters.

If they had wanted to keep Jay, they could easily have said the right things to do so. He'd still be a Bronco if they really wanted him, make no mistake. They didn't care, they think this magical system will fix all our problems, and apparently we can do it with budget players. This won't work, but I guess after a few years suffering, maybe the fans will start to realize the truth of it.

http://z.about.com/d/pediatrics/1/5/F/N/crying_baby.jpg