PDA

View Full Version : "Not much support for Marshall among players"

scorpio
08-28-2009, 05:31 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/28/not-much-support-for-marshall-among-players/1217/

Not much support for Marshall among players
August 28th, 2009, 4:11 pm 3 Comments posted by Frank Schwab

Brandon Stokley said he knew on Wednesday, when receiver Brandon Marshall punted the ball in practice, that some punishment was coming.

"You just can't do those kinds of things," Stokley said. "I knew that was probably the final straw."

On Friday, Marshall was suspended for the final two preseason games for conduct detrimental to the team. Stokley said the team wouldn't let it be a distraction, but admitted that it offended him to have a teammate act like Marshall did in practice.

"It does, because we're all trying to win games and you can't have that," Stokley said. "You can't have those distractions and you can't have somebody acting like that. We're all out here working hard, trying to win games, and we want him to be a part of that."

Tight end Daniel Graham found Marshall's actions unbecoming as well.

"It's offensive a little bit," Graham said. "Everybody is out here working hard towards our ultimate goal. To have a teammate like that do what he's doing right now is disappointing to the rest of the guys. But we're still focused on what our goal is."

Stokley said he hoped Marshall will come back refocused.

"Maybe the light bulb will go off and he'll come out and be ready to play some football and help us win games," Stokley said.

Stokley said he is confident in what the team has at receiver. After all, Marshall has barely practiced with the team since the end of last season.

"He hasn't really been around and he hasn't helped us since the offseason, so nobody knows what they're missing," Stokley said.

Safety Brian Dawkins said the matter will be handled internally, and didn't believe Marshall would have a hard time being welcomed back to the team.

"I don't think so," Dawkins said. "Things will be worked out the way they need to be worked out in time."

This isn't Dawkins' first time around a suspended wide receiver. He was in Philadelphia in 2005 when Terrell Owens was suspended after being a year-long spectacle.

"A lot crazier with T.O," Dawkins said. "A lot crazier."

Kid A
08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Hell, even Josina's admits this now: http://twitter.com/josinaanderson

"This fiasco lost him some points with teammates. Explain later but soon. Out."

"For anyone keeping score, leverage squarely back in McDaniels hands. Unintended collateral. Wow."

Houshyamama
08-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Josina is a hack

Hercules Rockefeller
08-28-2009, 05:58 PM

"For anyone keeping score, leverage squarely back in McDaniels hands. Unintended collateral. Wow."

That's hilarious if she (and Brandon) actually thought people would be on Brandon's side after what he pulled the other day.

They're 2 peas in a pod.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 06:02 PM

God I hate her...

But if she is right this might be our only chance of him cleaning up his act and playing this season...

What am I saying... He's an idiot.

Sassy
08-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Just wondering where all the Marshall Lover's are these days ;D

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I know us mortals don't really know what it would be like to be a pro athlete. But man could you imagine how cool it would be to be Brandon Marshall. To have that ability playing for the Broncos? I mean that's like a dream for all of us sort of I would think.

To just piss on it because 3 mill a yr not enough, when your so young, hell next yr prob the payday. It's logical, players with no problems or redflags get resigned earlier then ones that have those things. Marshall should realize that.

It's just a total bummer he feels this is the way to go. Man go out and get with your buddies on the team and play for the them and the fans. You do that, and play well, and I say 100% he gets big money next yr.

to do this 300 or so days before you would have gotten rich is a joke.

if I were agent I would get him insured for career ending injury. I would think for what 100 grand you could get 10 mil in coverage. I'm totally guessing though.

Then tell him play hard and you will get a huge contract.

Maybe Brandon doubts his ability to have a big yr. Maybe the hip a problem. Maybe the arm still numb and it spread to his head. Who knows but this clown totally blew it with his latest antics.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 06:06 PM
now would be a good time for Marshall to learn that playbook

TheDave
08-28-2009, 06:08 PM

I can only speak for myself, but I LOVED the way the kid played the game. His off field antics were tiresome at best, but on the field he was a monster.

This stunt showed me that he will now be performing his off field antics 24/7...

No Thanks... I'll punt

Sassy
08-28-2009, 06:09 PM
That's just it...you can love the way he plays on the field but yet if you call him out for his antics, you are labeled as a "hater"...

scorpio
08-28-2009, 06:11 PM

McDaniels says there is no playbook in this offense, they hand out worksheets at every practice.

I didn't watch the whole presser, but according the Sandy Clough, McDaniels said this morning that Brandon has been at the practices and been to the meetings and he has absolutely no reason not to know the offense.

Clough then speculated that it was probably a calculated move on Marshall's part to play dumb.

jsco70
08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
If I could ask Marshall one question, it would be what he thinks D-Will would think of his behavior if he were still alive. Sadly, I doubt Marshall even gives that night a thought anymore, or his fallen teammate.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 06:14 PM
That's just it...you can love the way he plays on the field but yet if you call him out for his antics, you are labeled as a "hater"...

I'm pretty sure I never did that, and I can gaurantee that won't happen anymore. ;D

yerner
08-28-2009, 06:16 PM
so lets see the broncos have some balls and trade him or release him. supposedly mcdaniels doesn't need talent. there is no way marshall comes back and plays like he cares that's obvious . you can't punish a guy that has no interest in being there, he's already gone. come little big man trade him already..

RMT
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
If I could ask Marshall one question, it would be what he thinks D-Will would think of his behavior if he were still alive. Sadly, I doubt Marshall even gives that night a thought anymore, or his fallen teammate.

or does he even have remorse over his role in the escalation that contributed to D-Will's death?

it could have easily been BMarsh who was shot ... he should be grateful to be alive and have the ability to play in the NFL.

Drunk Monkey
08-28-2009, 06:18 PM
If anything can put pressure on Marshall to pull his head out it will be his teammates. For all the bluster all players know it is a team sport. To be called out by your peers will have a effect on him. Let's hope it is a positive affect.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/28/not-much-support-for-marshall-among-players/1217/

The players aren't stupid,,,,,,,they are well aware who pays their salaries.

McDaniels: Hey Orton whats your opinon on Bmarsh's antics and behavior.

Orton: He's a freaking idiot. I don't want that women beater on my team. Get rid of his ass b/c I don't want him critizing me when I throw him weak-ass passes!!!:sunshine:

Orton: Coach how did I do?

McDaniels: Kyle.....you know what? I can see you coming back to Denver in 010, even if you stink up the joint in 09. A struggling unprepared young coach can't never have enough YES MEN!!!ROFL!

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:25 PM
or does he even have remorse over his role in the escalation that contributed to D-Will's death?

it could have easily been BMarsh who was shot ... he should be grateful to be alive and have the ability to play in the NFL.

So I guess you won't be going out to any night clubs with Brandon Marshall....RIGHT!:peace:

SonOfLe-loLang
08-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Orton: He's a freaking idiot. I don't want that women beater on my team. Get rid of his ass b/c I don't want him critizing me when I throw him weak-ass passes!!!:sunshine:

McDaniels: Kyle.....you know what? I can see you coming back to Denver in 010, even if you stink up the joint in 09. A struggling unprepared young coach can't never have enough YES MEN!!!ROFL!

You really should go into stand up comedy. Your material is that good

DomCasual
08-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Doesn't Josina say "explain later" kind of a lot?

NYBronco
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
It's unfortunate Stokely wasn't around this time to babysit Marshall, perhaps if Stokely would have stopped Marshall from his punting fit he could have saved him... again.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Well wasn't D-Will getting paid 2nd round pick money? And another thing why do you want to bring up D-Wills murder just to add fuel to an already bad situation.

But hey, if you like let continue playing the D-will card. Who knows, perhaps Bowlen feels the same way you do about D-Wills death and blames Brandon...could this be the reason deep down Bowlen refuses to give Marshall a new contract.......

TonyR
08-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Some of them may also be professionals and adults and realize that neither act the way Brandon Marshall did. Something that you clearly wouldn't know about....

TonyR
08-28-2009, 06:48 PM
...come little big man trade him already..

This must really suck for you McD haters seeing the team side with the coach over Marshall.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:49 PM

All kidding aside.....I don't think Brandon is out there on an island as far as his teammates are concerned b/c to a man many of his teammates know they could find themselves in Brandon's same shoes. Life is funny like that. Brandon has his confederates among his teammates and some players are coy enough to make McDaniel's believe they've bought off totally on his coaching philosopy but don't really trust him yet.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 06:50 PM

Hiding in their make belief world, just like a few years ago.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Some of them may also be professionals and adults and realize that neither act the way Brandon Marshall did. Something that you clearly wouldn't know about....

You wouldn't know either.....unless you've been hired to clean the Jock Straps, you don't have a clue whats being said amongst the Broncos players.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 06:52 PM

You have definately hit the "**** for brains" level.

TonyR
08-28-2009, 06:53 PM

Hanging out in the basement with the McD haters club. They've lost a battle but feel they can still win the war...

jhat01
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
You have definately hit the "**** for brains" level.

This dude is wwwaaayyyy past that.

Popps
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Stokley and the players are holding Brandon responsible for his actions?

Wow, what a bizarre concept.

sisterhellfyre
08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Doesn't Josina say "explain later" kind of a lot?

Yes, but if you ask her why she'll have to explain later.

Dedhed
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM

I think he should add more emoticons so everybody REALLY knows how funny he is.

footstepsfrom#27
08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
To just piss on it because 3 mill a yr not enough, when your so young, hell next yr prob the payday. It's logical, players with no problems or redflags get resigned earlier then ones that have those things. Marshall should realize that.
He's making $500K a year...just sayin'.

I think it's possible we've seen the last of Marshall in a Bronco uni.

Dedhed
08-28-2009, 07:01 PM
He's making $500K a year...

no he isn't

rastaman
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Hanging out in the basement with the McD haters club. They've lost a battle but feel they can still win the war...

So TonyR with all the blind support you and your pro-management fans freely provide, any chance Bowlen will show his appreciation by allowing all you shills a chance to sit in the luxury boxes at Investco Field! You guys have really earned it. :rofl:

orangeatheist
08-28-2009, 07:04 PM
All kidding aside.....

I didn't realize you were kidding. I thought you were this stupid all the time.

I don't think Brandon is out there on an island as far as his teammates are concerned

You're wrong there. BMarsh is the only one out there on Suspended Island.

b/c to a man many of his teammates know they could find themselves in Brandon's same shoes.

Really? Is that so? So, all the Bronco's players could find themselves women-beating morons who pout and throw trantrums when they don't get their way? Didn't realize the slope was so slippery for all these guys. Pretty sad to learn that guys like Royal and Stokely were just a fastfood bag slip away from trashing their own careers.

Life is funny like that.

No, just your version of it.

Brandon has his confederates among his teammates and some players are coy enough to make McDaniel's believe they've bought off totally on his coaching philosopy but don't really trust him yet.

Geez, you're a regular Nostradamus, aren't you? Or have you just been hiding out in the dirty jock bin listening to the boys talk amongst themselves after practice?

Dedhed
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
So TonyR with all the blind support you and your pro-management fans freely provide, any chance Bowlen will show his appreciation by allowing all you shills a chance to sit in the luxury boxes at Investco Field! You guys have really earned it. :rofl:

Not enough emoticons, we don't know how to feel in the beginning or middle of your post.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM

Isn't nice to be loved by so many!!!!

Dedhed
08-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Isn't nice to be loved by so many!!!!

Only 4 exclamation points?

rastaman
08-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I didn't realize you were kidding. I thought you were this stupid all the time.

Well Chuckle Nuts.....you thought wrong! But this isn't the first time you have screwed up.

You're wrong there. BMarsh is the only one out there on Suspended Island.

Yes I know, the players are going to come out in the media and trash Bowlen and McDaniel's.....once again, these players know who pays their salaries.

Really? Is that so? So, all the Bronco's players could find themselves women-beating morons who pout and throw trantrums when they don't get their way? Didn't realize the slope was so slippery for all these guys. Pretty sad to learn that guys like Royal and Stokely were just a fastfood bag slip away from trashing their own careers.

Are you saying its not natural for all the players to show solidarity behind management in front of the media! Privately the players feel about the opposite about Brandon and are on his side. Players know they're just a contract season away from going thru the same scenario Brandon is going thru now.

No, just your version of it.

Just my opinion.

Geez, you're a regular Nostradamus, aren't you? Or have you just been hiding out in the dirty jock bin listening to the boys talk amongst themselves after practice?

Are they boys? Why don't you go into the locker room after practice and call them "Boys"....I'll tape it and down load it on "Youtube", should make for a nice conversation piece. Perhaps after that incidence you will change your name to "Punching Bag" or NFL locker room Biatch!!:sunshine:

rastaman
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Only 4 exclamation points?

So how long have you been this anal.......Are you taking your medication like your doctor has instructed????

Here's 4 more exclamation points. Let me know if you need more.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Not enough emoticons, we don't know how to feel in the beginning or middle of your post.

There's a lot of things you don't know. Evolution hasn't been kind to you. By the way have you joined the 21st Century yet?

Boobs McGee
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
There's a lot of things you don't know. Evolution hasn't been kind to you. By the way have you joined the 21st Century yet?

it's almost like a younger, not as drunk, mock. wow, congrats man! Just go buy yourself a beazer and you're set!

Popcorn Sutton
08-28-2009, 08:13 PM

I knew somebody would find a way to twist it around.

If Brandon Stokley and Daniel Graham wanted to they could have easily said no comment.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 08:17 PM
You are either with us or against us! Ummmmmm where have I heard that from?

Quoydogs
08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey could someone photo shop a pic of Brandon in a Raiders uniform so I can see what he will look like next year. He is starting to look like one more and more each day.

Archer81
08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
You are either with us or against us! Ummmmmm where have I heard that from?

:notthissh

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM

The two don't go hand in hand dip****. Marshall is his own problem, just because Marshall is acting like a retard doesn't mean the people that don't like McD are going to rush and blame him for it. Its like you believe we should which makes you worse then the tsiguy. This is just more **** that we have to deal with and over come this season. I don't possible see how this is a great day in Broncos history. Awesome another dude isn't going to play ball for us that is talented. What a win for the pro McD guys.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
The two don't go hand in hand dip****. Marshall is his own problem, just because Marshall is acting like a retard doesn't mean the people that don't like McD are going to rush and blame him for it. Its like you believe we should which makes you worse then the tsiguy. This is just more **** that we have to deal with and over come this season. I don't possible see how this is a great day in Broncos history. Awesome another dude isn't going to play ball for us that is talented. What a win for the pro McD guys.

Now you've gone too far.

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Now you've gone too far.

**** the both of them. LOL

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Regardless of the reason we now are facing a year without our leading WR from last year. I don't know about you guys but man I can't think of another fan base that would find as much joy in it as us. The Bengals can handle Chad and get him on the field and AZ is doing the same with Boldin. I would feel better about this if we could get Marshall on board and playing ball with us. I honestly hope that this is the final straw with him. Get him the F out of here if this is whats going to take place. We will move on with him or without him just find a end to this saga.

USMCBladerunner
08-28-2009, 09:05 PM
The Eagles fans would have easily relished in this crap more than us.

Hulamau
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I never did that, and I can gaurantee that won't happen anymore. ;D

Its a damn shame for his on field performance., but we've got a good WR corp as it is and he is what he is. This is his last big chance to grow up and make amens.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Regardless of the reason we now are facing a year without our leading WR from last year. I don't know about you guys but man I can't think of another fan base that would find as much joy in it as us. The Bengals can handle Chad and get him on the field and AZ is doing the same with Boldin. I would feel better about this if we could get Marshall on board and playing ball with us. I honestly hope that this is the final straw with him. Get him the F out of here if this is whats going to take place. We will move on with him or without him just find a end to this saga.

Question for ya....how much money is Boldin making? Is he making around as much as Bmarsh? If Bmarsh was making as as much as Boldin.....I'd bet Bmarsh would be out on the field.

Its all about Pay me or trade me with Brandon Marshall. So the Cardinal Organization was able to get Boldin on the field (although perhaps) temporarily b/c of he money. Of course Boldin is asking for more money....but at least he isn't suspended.

So using Boldin with comparing Marshall's situation is really different. Boldin is making more that the paltry 2.2 million that Bmarsh is making.

Paladin
08-28-2009, 11:02 PM
you have definately hit the "**** for brains" level.

rep!!!!!

Rock Chalk
08-28-2009, 11:05 PM

Dont be a bitch.

What Marshall did the other day is inexcusable and no one here except the twits that want to blame McD for everything short of the Holocaust are pissed at Marshall.

Paladin
08-28-2009, 11:08 PM
dont be a b****.

What marshall did the other day is inexcusable and no one here except the twits that want to blame mcd for everything short of the holocaust are pissed at marshall.

qft.......

ton80
08-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey rasta, I bet if you even voted it was for Obama. I'll bet anyone on this website a hundred bucks that rasta is an obama supporter.

Oh do tell rasta, do tell. The ideology of the stupid. Case in point RASTA.

Florida_Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Graham and Stokley have always been top character guys, but last year I bet they wouldn't have come out and made this comments in the media for fear of getting in Shanny's doghouse.

What a difference a new staff makes. I love it.

BigPlayShay
08-28-2009, 11:38 PM
That's hilarious if she (and Brandon) actually thought people would be on Brandon's side after what he pulled the other day.

They're 2 peas in a pod.

Josina just wants Brandon's peas near her pod.

Popps
08-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Regardless of the reason we now are facing a year without our leading WR from last year. I don't know about you guys but man I can't think of another fan base that would find as much joy in it as us. .

I don't think it's joy, I think it's people recognizing when the proper thing has been done, and I agree with Bladerunner... most hardcore fan-bases would be calling for Marshall's head.

The fact that there is still a contingent of weirdos around here making excuses for him is the oddity, not the proper reaction that most people have had.

BroncoMan4ever
08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
All kidding aside.....I don't think Brandon is out there on an island as far as his teammates are concerned b/c to a man many of his teammates know they could find themselves in Brandon's same shoes. Life is funny like that. Brandon has his confederates among his teammates and some players are coy enough to make McDaniel's believe they've bought off totally on his coaching philosopy but don't really trust him yet.

bull**** on that.

players may find themselves in a situation where they are wanting a new deal, but to be in Marshall's shoes they will need to completely have no brains. look at Boldin in Arizona. he has asked for a new deal hasn't gotten it and is pissed about it, but he isn't doing anything to embarass the team or himself. he is going to work and kicking ass and just keep on asking for a new deal. he isn't being a douche on the practice field or bitching to the media

the thing i am really curious about in this entire situation is, where the hell is Marshall agent? i mean seriously, his agent is standing by losing millions because of Marshall's actions and he isn't doing anything. wouldn't an agent step up and be like Marshall you are ****ing up and you're going to lose us a lot of money?

baja
08-29-2009, 12:28 AM

Yep

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't think it's joy, I think it's people recognizing when the proper thing has been done, and I agree with Bladerunner... most hardcore fan-bases would be calling for Marshall's head.

The fact that there is still a contingent of weirdos around here making excuses for him is the oddity, not the proper reaction that most people have had.

I think the team is doing the right thing but at the same time I know if he got a raise he wouldn't be doing this. Everyone agree's his play on the field makes him due for a new contract but his off field crap voids that. My only issue is I think the are just ignoring Marshall kind of like when they told the players not to make a big deal about his trial. Yes Marshall made his bed and this is his problem but I think that something can be done to stop this instead of making it into what it is now. My feelings is its like in the third grade when everyone stopped liking a person they just pretended like he wasn't there no matter how loud they screamed.

ZONA
08-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Brandon has his confederates among his teammates and some players are coy enough to make McDaniel's believe they've bought off totally on his coaching philosopy but don't really trust him yet.

Really? Can you give us any player names and your source or are you just throwing that out there? That's what I thought. Shut up.

watermock
08-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Bouldin isn't in his final year.

Of course that was Shanny, but isn't that the role of the GM or Owner? Just sayin'.

That's why Portis got traded, he wasn't in his final year.

Pat Bowlen
08-29-2009, 06:37 AM
If I owned this board rastaman would be suspended for conduct detrimental to critical thought.

elsid13
08-29-2009, 07:07 AM

Problem is that "fans" are getting to emotional about this, Period. Yes Marshall shouldn't have acted that way or let his frustration get out like that, but on level of employee/management relationship problems this is barley a 1. Folks that think this bad need to spend some time in Union shop or in the military.

Folks need to view this as business. Does Marshall bring more value being on the team as player vs value as trading commodity . My feeling is that McDaniels really doesn't value Marshall on the field as much as some of think he should, so Denver might as well trade him. Marshall doesn't fit McDaniels idea of idea WR for his system (see the video from Wednesday were he describe his guys) , therefore McDaniels is unwilling to go that extra mile to ensure Marshall here long term which is leading to all this behavior.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Of course they don't support him. They can't get away with what he can.

No one else on the Broncos comes close to having the power Marshall does.

cmhargrove
08-29-2009, 07:44 AM

Twitter....

The natural devolution of human communication.

baja
08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
If I owned this board rastaman would be suspended for conduct detrimental to critical thought.

Have you noticed that Hot rod and gasta mon never post at the same time? just sayin....

TotallyScrewed
08-29-2009, 08:01 AM
I can only speak for myself, but I LOVED the way the kid played the game. His off field antics were tiresome at best, but on the field he was a monster.

This stunt showed me that he will now be performing his off field antics 24/7...

No Thanks... I'll punt

I agree. He has monster talent and everyone outisde of Denver's FO / HC knows it. This game is about the here and now. He's shown what he can do when inspired. So far the Broncos have done nothing to keep the inspiration going. Sure, sure, he's a little b1tch about it but a lot of athletes whine about their contract when they've done more than the next guy. I'm not saying it's right but it's true.

And look who's throwning the ball now. Marshall has a point.

He's going get paid elsewhere. Believe that!

baja
08-29-2009, 08:04 AM
What I don't understand is why can't Marshall be given a performance based contract similar to the one Clarret wrote for himself.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Problem is that "fans" are getting to emotional about this, Period. Yes Marshall shouldn't have acted that way or let his frustration get out like that, but on level of employee/management relationship problems this is barley a 1. Folks that think this bad need to spend some time in Union shop or in the military.

Folks need to view this as business. Does Marshall bring more value being on the team as player vs value as trading commodity . My feeling is that McDaniels really doesn't value Marshall on the field as much as some of think he should, so Denver might as well trade him. Marshall doesn't fit McDaniels idea of idea WR for his system (see the video from Wednesday were he describe his guys) , therefore McDaniels is unwilling to go that extra mile to ensure Marshall here long term which is leading to all this behavior.

I don't see how you came to the conclusion McD doesn't value marshall on the field. I suppose it's possible, but not probable. It's not like Marshall has even tried to be valuable on the field.

As for going the extra mile to ensure Marshall is here long term, I think they're actually being conciliatory toward him by only suspending him for PS games. They're sending the message they're still willing to work with him if he wants to do so also.

Marshall has probably rebuffed all efforts to be conciliatory toward him. Witness this article. Yahoo had some more extensive quotes where Graham said he had talked to him several times about his attitude. Marshall just isn't listening. The words go in his ear, bounce off that hard object he calls his brain and come right back out without registering.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 08:11 AM
I agree. He has monster talent and everyone outisde of Denver's FO / HC knows it. This game is about the here and now. He's shown what he can do when inspired. So far the Broncos have done nothing to keep the inspiration going. Sure, sure, he's a little b1tch about it but a lot of athletes whine about their contract when they've done more than the next guy. I'm not saying it's right but it's true.

Then why aren't other teams offering high picks to trade for him?

elsid13
08-29-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't see how you came to the conclusion McD doesn't value marshall on the field. I suppose it's possible, but not probable. It's not like Marshall has even tried to be valuable on the field.

As for going the extra mile to ensure Marshall is here long term, I think they're actually being conciliatory toward him by only suspending him for PS games. They're sending the message they're still willing to work with him if he wants to do so also.

Marshall has probably rebuffed all efforts to be conciliatory toward him. Witness this article. Yahoo had some more extensive quotes where Graham said he had talked to him several times about his attitude. Marshall just isn't listening. The words go in his ear, bounce off that hard object he calls his brain and come right back out without registering.

It was based upon McDaniels press conference two days ago when he was describing his "perfect" receiver for the system. Smaller speed guys that quicker into and out of the break and with the ability to work outside of the hash. Marshall doesn't fit that profile, he is a traditional WCO WR that needs to get the ball in his hands on the slants and crosses in the middle of the field. Similiar to how Scheffer isn't McDaniels type of TE.

If you look at all the NE' WR they are smaller speed guys that work outside, even Randy Moss fit that mold.

Borks147
08-29-2009, 09:38 AM
It was based upon McDaniels press conference two days ago when he was describing his "perfect" receiver for the system. Smaller speed guys that quicker into and out the break and with the ability to work outside of the hash. Marshall doesn't fit that profile, he is a traditional WCO that needs to get the ball in his hands and on the slant and cross in the middle of the field. Similiar to how Scheffer isn't McDaniels type of TE.

If you look at all the NE' WR they are smaller speed guys that work outside, even Randy Moss fit that mold.

well in all fairness Randy is just a freak of nature in that he is huge but has the speed and agility of a small speed guy

Bronx33
08-29-2009, 09:43 AM

Very true i supported brandon after his first run in with the law but since then it's been one thing after another ( you have to draw a line) and stand on your principles as a fan as a coach. I notice some posters simply looking past brandons troubles and his attitude and only care about the team and how it does.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 09:43 AM
It was based upon McDaniels press conference two days ago when he was describing his "perfect" receiver for the system. Smaller speed guys that quicker into and out the break and with the ability to work outside of the hash. Marshall doesn't fit that profile, he is a traditional WCO that needs to get the ball in his hands and on the slant and cross in the middle of the field. Similiar to how Scheffer isn't McDaniels type of TE.

Well, I didn't see the presser you mention, but I don't think McD is looking exclusively for smaller speed guys. McD I've noticed doesn't go into long discussions about things, so maybe he was just answering a direct question in a direct way? I'm pretty sure McD would love to have Marshall contributing mightily to the team effort, hence the short suspension.

I'm sure McD would love to have marshall running slants for the team even though that isn't the heaviest emphasis in this O. McD isn't an idiot despite what many think, he's a versatile coach. All Marshall has to do is come back and tell everybody on the team he's willing to do whatever is necessary. If Marshall does that and proves it, I bet when he goes to McD and says, 'Hey, I can beat this guy on this route' McD will get a play in for him.

Hell, McD has been trying to get Marshall on the first team, but marshall just keeps dogging it. Like Stokley said, something had to be done to get the message across.

elsid13
08-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, I didn't see the presser you mention, but I don't think McD is looking exclusively for smaller speed guys. McD I've noticed doesn't go into long discussions about things, so maybe he was just answering a direct question in a direct way? I'm pretty sure McD would love to have Marshall contributing mightily to the team effort, hence the short suspension.

I'm sure McD would love to have marshall running slants for the team even though that isn't the heaviest emphasis in this O. McD isn't an idiot despite what many think, he's a versatile coach. All Marshall has to do is come back and tell everybody on the team he's willing to do whatever is necessary. If Marshall does that and proves it, I bet when he goes to McD and says, 'Hey, I can beat this guy on this route' McD will get a play in for him.

Hell, McD has been trying to get Marshall on the first team, but marshall just keeps dogging it. Like Stokley said, something had to be done to get the message across.

I don't McDaniels is stupid, but I also don't think he any smarter then normal guy either. What I do think is that McDaniels, is very tied to a system that made him successful, and isn't very comfortable right now exploring beyond that boundary. In time he will feel more comfortable as he get experience as head coach and more secure in pushing the boundary of his "system".

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 10:00 AM

so you now select players out and hate them ? Wow I like all Bronco players that sounded shallow as all hell . there are several players I don't care if there cut but I still wish them the best . I don't get the hate of players anyways other than phills.

I bet it is going to suck for all you that now hate Marshall if he is still on the team ten years from now and looking like HOF material...

baja
08-29-2009, 10:03 AM

It's simple, if McD is an innovative offensive mind he will adapt plays to use the skills of the talent he has than good but if he is purely a system man he won't be here very long.

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't McDaniels is stupid, but I also don't think he any smarter then normal guy either. What I do think is that McDaniels, is very tied to a system that made him successful, and isn't very comfortable right now exploring beyond that boundary. In time he will feel more comfortable as he get experience as head coach and more secure in pushing the boundary of his "system".

everyone know he is Smart ...name one head coach that was not . the problem is I am still waiting for a Coach to show up so fare a snot nosed GM is steping on his dick.

baja
08-29-2009, 10:10 AM
everyone know he is Smart ..<b>.name one head coach that was not</b> . the problem is I am still waiting for a Coach to show up so fare a snot nosed GM is steping on his dick.

I'll name three just for the Broncos;

dan reeves and wade phillips and red miller.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM

I don't think he's all that tied to a system. I think right now only two games into preseason he's trying to find out what everybody does best, as is the entire coaching staff. They they will tailor the system to what the players do best and push them into what they think will make the team better. I think at this point they've been trying to get repetitions on the plays they think should be the bread-and-butter plays to move the chains and using those plays run in live action as film work to point out to the players how they can get bigger plays if they all get on the same page. It's just simple coaching 101 at this point.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Teammate on Marshall: "Something had to be done"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 29, 2009 11:33 AM ET

Like colleagues in many businesses, NFL players usually stick up for each other publicly. It takes some seriously turd-like behavior for guys in the locker room to speak publicly against each other. (Even players in other locker rooms stick to this code: How many guys, for instance, have spoken ill of Pacman Jones in his career?)

Brandon Marshall seems to have crossed a line. The petulant behavior caught on camera by a local Denver station this week may do more to damage his reputation around the league than all his arrests and former transgressions. Acting irresponsibly away from the field is one thing; acting like a spoiled teenager on it can turn teammates against you.

"Something had to be done," Broncos center Casey Wiegmann told the Denver Post. "He hasn't really been a distraction because he hasn't been on the field that much. But we want to win here. We want guys who are going to work."

Essentially Wiegmann echoed coach Josh McDaniels' sentiments. He wants a teammate that is pulling in the same direction.

"We all respect what Brandon can do on a football field. We definitely want him with us. But for us guys on the offensive line, we go in there and battle every single play. We want guys who will go to battle with us," Wiegmann concluded.

Players around the league have seen the Marshall footage too, and it must strike the majority of the league, mostly full of players who work their ass off for everything they get, as ridiculous.

Chargers special teamer Kassim Osgood put things in perspective from someone who doesn't have Marshall's standing in the league.

"In this league we got people throwing fits cuz they want more money," Osgood tweeted. "Shoot! I just want more playing time! Want more grass stains on my jerz."

Perhaps Wiegmann's comments will sting more than the suspension from the Broncos. Marshall should already know that acting up is only costing him future earnings, but maybe he'll get in line if he realizes it's also costing him the respect of his teammates.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/29/teammate-on-marshall-something-had-to-be-done/

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13227318?source=rss

elsid13
08-29-2009, 10:18 AM
everyone know he is Smart ...name one head coach that was not . the problem is I am still waiting for a Coach to show up so fare a snot nosed GM is steping on his dick.

Rich Kotite

broncswin
08-29-2009, 10:31 AM

The only way those players would find themselves in Brandons shoes is if they were dumb enough to pull that shI@t off the field...in which case they deserve the consequences!! It's not about being coy, it's about being mature and doing thier job.:strong:

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 12:13 PM

Sassy, why dont you bring up the thread from earlier in the year where you and Hogan got slaughtered from the BM apologist?

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 12:15 PM

No Thanks... I'll punt

I wouldnt if I was you. Flava Clown did that too and helped get him his suspension. Better you just hand over the ball to someone. Hilarious!

lex
08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Wasnt it only a week ago that the Broncos front office was busted for coaching the players to be negative about Marshall? People really forget quickly...either that or they just try to pretend it never happened.

barryr
08-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll say again, until Marshall grows up and acts like a man sometime soon, he won't help the Broncos win a thing. Teams don't win much with players who act like this.

Marshall has made a history of doing stupid stuff all the way back at Central Florida, which was a reason why he fell to the 4th round. His character was a question and as we can clearly see, that report was correct.

Acting like a jackass at practice while the rest are taking it serious does not bode well for a future with a team when the other players are going to want the guy gone themselves.

Archer81
08-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Wasnt it only a week ago that the Broncos front office was busted for coaching the players to be negative about Marshall? People really forget quickly...either that or they just try to pretend it never happened.

No...they were advised not to celebrate the fact Marshall was acquitted of whipping his girlfriend's ass, and it did not come from the Broncos, but a staffer.

lex
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
No...they were advised not to celebrate the fact Marshall was acquitted of whipping his girlfriend's ass, and it did not come from the Broncos, but a staffer.

According to whom? That came from someone in the front office who has every reason to lie. Such self-serving statements require scrutiny especially when the FO has lied numerous times already. Its amazing that you would mindlessly believe anything Joe Ellis would tell you.

Just because Joe Ellis says he doesnt have any STDs, that doesnt mean you should continue to letting him give it to you in the a$s.

Archer81
08-29-2009, 01:29 PM
According to whom? That came from someone in the front office who has every reason to lie. Such self-serving statements require scrutiny especially when the FO has lied numerous times already. Its amazing that you would mindlessly believe anything Joe Ellis would tell you.

Just because Joe Ellis says he doesnt have any STDs, that doesnt mean you should continue to letting him give it to you in the a$s.

Whatever. However, if you are gonna sit and spout bull****, at least get your facts straight.

lex
08-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Whatever. However, if you are gonna sit and spout bull****, at least get your facts straight.

You dont know them to be facts. You only know what your were told by a FO that has a history of lying.

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 01:34 PM

I think they are waiting for both Denver and Marshall to push his trade value down to near nothing, or better yet for him to be out right cut.

baja
08-29-2009, 01:40 PM
You dont know them to be facts. You only know what your were told by a FO that has a history of lying.

lex; According to whom? That came from someone in the front office who has every reason to lie. Such self-serving statements require scrutiny especially when the FO has lied numerous times already. Its amazing that you would mindlessly believe anything Joe Ellis would tell you.

How do we really know you are a Broncos fan, I mean why should we take your word for it you have a long history of trashing everything Broncos. We only know what we are told (by you) You could be a Raiders fan for all we know. According to your logic anyway.

Archer81
08-29-2009, 01:41 PM

Cry about it a little more. I am sure that will make it all better.

lex
08-29-2009, 01:42 PM
How do we really know you are a Broncos fan, I mean why should we take your word for it you have a long history of trashing everything Broncos. We only know what we are told (by you) You could be a Raiders fan for all we know. According to your logic anyway.

You dont know anything. This is a premise that Ive learned to accept.

baja
08-29-2009, 01:48 PM
You dont know anything. This is a premise that Ive learned to accept.

I think you need to prove you are a Broncos fan because you don't sound like one. We have Chiefs fans that respect the Broncos organization more that you.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM
No...they were advised not to celebrate the fact Marshall was acquitted of whipping his girlfriend's ass...

Exactly. Perspective is useful.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-29-2009, 02:29 PM

Just when I think to myself, "Naw, rastaman can't get any dumber," you come up with this gem.

Are you a screenwriter or something? This is at least the second post I've seen from you where you're making up dialog and, I've gotta say... you should maybe find a new gig...

lex
08-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Exactly. Perspective is useful.

Which "persepective"? The one where the team was being respectful of the woman involved in the case or the one where Joe Ellis admitted it was wrong by blaming it on someone at a lower level and saying that person was scolded/punished? Were they doing the right thing or were they scolding someone for doing the wrong thing (assuming you believe the FO)?

BroncoMan4ever
08-29-2009, 02:35 PM

bull****. if our FO and HC didn't see the monster talent he has, he would already be gone. we wouldn't have dealt with his bull**** this long if he was just some random asshole on the team. had they thought he sucked he would have been gone months ago.

and what should they do, blindly give him more money for acting like a 5 year old, blindly give a guy who is 1 stupid mistake away from missing a large portion of the season due to suspension more money, give him more money before he has shown his hip is healed?

so many of you people so ready to bash McDaniels, Bowlen and the rest of the staff, are not seeing that he isn't deserving of more money. he hasn't proved a thing this offseason. in fact had he come to practice like a man, shut his mouth after he voiced he wanted a new deal, once his court case was over, more than likely the team would have begun discussions with him.

Marshall is the one who is ****ing up, not the FO or HC

TotallyScrewed
08-29-2009, 03:34 PM

Who really knows what's been offered or suggested? "We're going to do what's best for the team". The FO / HC won't talk about it unless it suits their purpose. Certainly Brandon's actions are hurting Denver's trade situation and the same can be said of this suspension.

Why should other clubs bid for him when, if they are patient, Denver will soon release the guy? If Denver decides to hold on to him and suspend him, they loose a roster spot and they lose face. It's a win/win for everyone else.

Clearly they need to move him or move on. The new deal idea is past due and too late.

I'm sure that Brandon would be more than happy to be released outright and choose his destination. It might turn out that he won't make much more money initially for the next contract but playing where and with whom he wants will make it worth while.

If you think he's done because of his actions, that's fine. I guess we'll see.

ANd I really don't think the Broncos value him much as he's more of a down field threat and Orton can't do that. Have the Broncos even tried with any reciever to go deep this preseason?

Also, I hear that McD favors the short aerial attack, which explains how Orton fits at all. So Brandon becomes a little used decoy, which only works if you can, at least on occasion, make good. Tough to swallow for a guy who was the main threat each of the last two seasons.

Northman
08-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Who really knows what's been offered or suggested? "We're going to do what's best for the team". The FO / HC won't talk about it unless it suits their purpose. Certainly Brandon's actions are hurting Denver's trade situation and the same can be said of this suspension.

Why should other clubs bid for him when, if they are patient, Denver will soon release the guy? If Denver decides to hold on to him and suspend him, they loose a roster spot and they lose face. It's a win/win for everyone else.

Clearly they need to move him or move on. The new deal idea is past due and too late.

I'm sure that Brandon would be more than happy to be released outright and choose his destination. It might turn out that he won't make much more money initially for the next contract but playing where and with whom he wants will make it worth while.

If you think he's done because of his actions, that's fine. I guess we'll see.

ANd I really don't think the Broncos value him much as he's more of a down field threat and Orton can't do that. Have the Broncos even tried with any reciever to go deep this preseason?

Also, I hear that McD favors the short aerial attack, which explains how Orton fits at all. So Brandon becomes a little used decoy, which only works if you can, at least on occasion, make good. Tough to swallow for a guy who was the main threat each of the last two seasons.

Actually, Brandon is a better short yardage receiver who makes plays after the catch. Downfield would be more in Royal's area.

TotallyScrewed
08-29-2009, 03:48 PM
bull****. if our FO and HC didn't see the monster talent he has, he would already be gone. we wouldn't have dealt with his bull**** this long if he was just some random a-hole on the team. had they thought he sucked he would have been gone months ago.

and what should they do, blindly give him more money for acting like a 5 year old, blindly give a guy who is 1 stupid mistake away from missing a large portion of the season due to suspension more money, give him more money before he has shown his hip is healed?

so many of you people so ready to bash McDaniels, Bowlen and the rest of the staff, are not seeing that he isn't deserving of more money. he hasn't proved a thing this offseason. in fact had he come to practice like a man, shut his mouth after he voiced he wanted a new deal, once his court case was over, more than likely the team would have begun discussions with him.

Marshall is the one who is ****ing up, not the FO or HC

Pull up his stats...yeah they're just stats but the man has done something in this league. And like I say, no reconcilliation is going to happen: release or trade, those are the choices Denver has...we'll see.

SoCalBronco
08-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I think you need to prove you are a Broncos fan because you don't sound like one. We have Chiefs fans that respect the Broncos organization more that you.

He doesn't need to prove anything to you or anyone else.

The best thing about it is that you can't do anything about it. You won't be able to silence his opinions. You're going to have to deal with it. Just as we have to deal with the True Fan/koolaid drinking homers, you're going to have to deal with the critics. We're not going away. Your hero is going to have prove his mettle, or else the drumbeat is going to get even louder.

It's all on his shoulders, now.

Haroldthebarrel
08-29-2009, 05:05 PM

The best thing about it is that you can't do anything about it. You won't be able to silence his opinions. You're going to have to deal with it. Just as we have to deal with the True Fan/koolaid drinking homers, you're going to have to deal with the critics. We're not going away. Your hero is going to have prove his mettle, or else the drumbeat is going to get even louder.

True, but when somebody picks a side no matter which way they choose.
Why do they/we have to point out the same stuff in hundreds of posts when the point is often taken the first time.
Either way, positive or negative it sound like an endless loop.

heck, some guys on this site is content to call out the guys who cover the TC, mind you in their own spare time, for being homeristic.
They might be homeristic, but how ungrateful can you be?

baja
08-29-2009, 05:50 PM

How about this - you mind your own damn business

lex is an ass an I screwing with him about it.

TonyR
08-29-2009, 07:01 PM
You're going to have to deal with it. Just as we have to deal with the True Fan/koolaid drinking homers, you're going to have to deal with the critics. We're not going away. Your hero is going to have prove his mettle, or else the drumbeat is going to get even louder.

I'm not sure what kind of reaction you're looking for from this. Should I cue up the ominous and foreboding Halloween movie music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClbK4YYAAGk&feature=fvw

Hogan11
08-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Sassy, why dont you bring up the thread from earlier in the year where you and Hogan got slaughtered from the BM apologist?

Slaughtered? We were never slaughtered by any of those guys....incidently, the apologist that always got into it with us, has now done a 180 on the guy. Vindication? Maybe, but it's too tragic a situation to take any joy from. I wanted to be wrong about Marshall in the worst way....too bad I wasn't.

Steve Sewell
08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
there is no way marshall comes back and plays like he cares that's obvious .

If he wants to get a big payday he will.

lex
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
How about this - you mind your own damn business

lex is an ass an I screwing with him about it.

Yeah, "screwing" with me...LOL...you really had me going.

azbroncfan
08-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Rastaman will be here soon enough once he finds his knee pads to suck off and defend Marshall.

TheDave
08-29-2009, 09:42 PM
True, but when somebody picks a side no matter which way they choose.
Why do they/we have to point out the same stuff in hundreds of posts when the point is often taken the first time.
Either way, positive or negative it sound like an endless loop.

heck, some guys on this site is content to call out the guys who cover the TC, mind you in their own spare time, for being homeristic.
They might be homeristic, but how ungrateful can you be?

He said Kyle Orton looked like Tom Bray... and your response is they "might" be homeristic?

It was a stupid thing to say, and he got ribbed for it... So what?

If I go to camp next year and report to everyone that Robert Ayers is the next Lawrence Taylor... I expect to take some **** for it. Especially if he comes out in his first game and throws the defensive equivalent of 3 picks in one half.

Ray Finkle
08-29-2009, 10:03 PM

Question is, if McDaniels does succeed, will you become more bitter or actually cheer?

It's D-Bags like Lex that have driven so many people away with the anti-Bronco banter. Do I agree with everything McDaniels has done? No, but change was needed. Shanahan was not going to turn this around with Slowik (unless you were truly drinking Koolaid).

I am a Bronco fan. I will cheer the Broncos, I will never hope for failure in order to escalate change. The day I do, it is time to stop being a fan. It's a F'N shame that more people can't do that.

Much like Kayore, Montrosse, Wabbit, and many others, I don't see posting until the atmosphere changes. It's sad, I really used to enjoy coming here, now all I get is pissed.

Haroldthebarrel
08-29-2009, 10:06 PM
He said Kyle Orton looked like Tom Bray... and your response is they "might" be homeristic?

It was a stupid thing to say, and he got ribbed for it... So what?

If I go to camp next year and report to everyone that Robert Ayers is the next Lawrence Taylor... I expect to take some **** for it. Especially if he comes out in his first game and throws the defensive equivalent of 3 picks in one half.

that was one thing. The point I was trying to make is that there were a lot more criticism that eventually became personal to all of montrose, Kaylore, Socal and others that I have forgotten.

Secondly, why I used the word "might be homeristic" is because I do not think any of those guys ever pretended to be completely objective and impartial. They are fans just like you and I. And I have no problem admitting I am subjective when it comes to the Broncos. How about you?

Thirdly, I think the proof is in the pudding. Montrose and Kaylore have both explained why they are taking a break off this board.
To me, it sounds like the reason relies heavily upon how they have been treated on this board. Especially considering they do these reports free and in their spare time.
I completely agree that it is a stupid thing to say that "Orton looks like Brady". However, obviously it seems like the heat they got for particularly that comment as well as other comments went way out of proportions. Is that really what we want?

Finally, I realize that it is double standard of me with so few posts to make such hard criticism towards other members of this board. Even though I have been a member for a long time.
Ultimately, the way this offseason and board is heading, it has become a survival of the fittest. With the result that many of the posters that have great knowledge of the game departing. I put more and more people on my ignore list for goodness sake. And I think that is sad.
Is this what we really want? How do we want the discussions to be?
I can only start with myself, and perhaps I should post more.

In the end, loosing quality members and perhaps loosing the best training camp reporters would really, really, really suck.

TheDave
08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Much like Kayore, Montrosse, Wabbit, and many others, I don't see posting until the atmosphere changes. It's sad, I really used to enjoy coming here, now all I get is pissed.

Montrose - according to him his therapist told him not to post

Wabbit - hasn't posted much for a couple of seasons

So the only person that was possibly "Driven Away" by negativity is Kaylore.

JMO, but the people constantly complaining about Lex and the negative tone of the board have become way more annoying that "Lex"...

Ray Finkle
08-29-2009, 10:17 PM

JMO, but the people constantly complaining about Lex and the negative tone of the board have become way more annoying that "Lex"...

all have their reasons, I wish you the best.

had fun during survivor.

Adios.

scorpio
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM

Just because you say something, doesn't make it true.

you can piss and moan and threaten all you want, but the truth is that you and your demographic are barely a drop in the bucket.

TheDave
08-29-2009, 10:27 PM
that was one thing. The point I was trying to make is that there were a lot more criticism that eventually became personal to all of montrose, Kaylore, Socal and others that I have forgotten.

Secondly, why I used the word "might be homeristic" is because I do not think any of those guys ever pretended to be completely objective and impartial. They are fans just like you and I. And I have no problem admitting I am subjective when it comes to the Broncos. How about you?

Thirdly, I think the proof is in the pudding. Montrose and Kaylore have both explained why they are taking a break off this board.
To me, it sounds like the reason relies heavily upon how they have been treated on this board. Especially considering they do these reports free and in their spare time.
I completely agree that it is a stupid thing to say that "Orton looks like Brady". However, obviously it seems like the heat they got for particularly that comment as well as other comments went way out of proportions. Is that really what we want?

Finally, I realize that it is double standard of me with so few posts to make such hard criticism towards other members of this board. Even though I have been a member for a long time.
Ultimately, the way this offseason and board is heading, it has become a survival of the fittest. With the result that many of the posters that have great knowledge of the game departing.
Is this what we really want? How do we want the discussions to be?
I can only start with myself, and perhaps I should post more.

In the end, loosing quality members and perhaps loosing the best training camp reporters would really, really, really suck.

What's worse?

Someone complaining about the Broncos?

-or-

Someone complaining about other people complaining about the broncos?

JMO, but the negativity of this board is 1 part complaints and 2 parts complaints about complaints. Take a moment and read the de-evolution of recent threads. It starts by someone pointing out a negative, which is immediately followed by several posters raising a stink that a negative post was made. Don't kid yourself, the "Optimistic Fans" are responsible for a hell of a lot more negativity than they get credit for.

I realize it is much more poetic to imagine a couple or real nice guys who never do anything but post strong bronco takes being beaten down by an angry mob... but that isn't what has happened.

Montrose left on the advice of a therapist (his words). Obviously there were issues beyond complaints of team management.

Kaylore, I have no idea why he left. Maybe it's because of "negativity" and maybe he has found better thinfgs to do.

Beyond those 2... I would sure like to know who all these great insightful posters are that just recentely vanished?

Haroldthebarrel
08-29-2009, 10:48 PM
What's worse?

Someone complaining about the Broncos?

-or-

Someone complaining about other people complaining about the broncos?

JMO, but the negativity of this board is 1 part complaints and 2 parts complaints about complaints. Take a moment and read the de-evolution of recent threads. It starts by someone pointing out a negative, which is immediately followed by several posters raising a stink that a negative post was made. Don't kid yourself, the "Optimistic Fans" are responsible for a hell of a lot more negativity than they get credit for.

I realize it is much more poetic to imagine a couple or real nice guys who never do anything but post strong bronco takes being beaten down by an angry mob... but that isn't what has happened.

Montrose left on the advice of a therapist (his words). Obviously there were issues beyond complaints of team management.

Kaylore, I have no idea why he left. Maybe it's because of "negativity" and maybe he has found better things to do.

Beyond those 2... I would sure like to know who all these great insightful posters are that just recently vanished?

I will probably say they are equally bad. Your first point is well taken, and while I did admit I am as bad as others beforehand, I could just as well admit it again. I am just a part of this problem as others.

BUT, and here is the reason why I have never posted much on this board.
I am a foreigner and along with my personality as well as the language I tend to post kinda long. But I do post about football.
And most of the time I get no response since some dumbass throws in a one-liner which provokes the others. Then mine and others posts about football get unnoticed to all the personal attacks.
Ill never say those posts are great. But I will say that they are football related.(not like these last few posts though)
And it is annoying to spend an hour on a post, just to get no replies because of the said irrelevant one liner.
Thus, the frustration of not being heard make me lump into the metacomplainers, which honestly makes me worse since I know what I am doing yet I still post like this. Jesus himself had a saying about a splinter in the eye, which I dont know how you say in English, but it definitely applies to me.

Regardless, you seem like a reasonable guy and I would definitely wanna talk some football with you instead of this complaining crap.

NB, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that montrose farewell had a lot to do with the stress on this board which along with other things in his life just made it hell.

BroncoMan4ever
08-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Pull up his stats...yeah they're just stats but the man has done something in this league. And like I say, no reconcilliation is going to happen: release or trade, those are the choices Denver has...we'll see.

which stats? 2nd in the NFL in dropped passes, low YPC average, lack of TDs?

for all the good stats he has there is a bad stat he has. add in legal problems, a bad attitude, no team mentality, possible lengthy suspensions and a hip that may not be fully healed and you have a guy that the team could believe might not be worth the money he wants.

PRBronco
08-29-2009, 11:12 PM

for all the good stats he has there is a bad stat he has. add in legal problems, a bad attitude, no team mentality, possible lengthy suspensions and a hip that may not be fully healed and you have a guy that the team could believe might not be worth the money he wants.

Don't forget his clutch fumbles.

rastaman
08-29-2009, 11:22 PM

So again! How can Denver justify a 1st and 4th for Brandon????

BroncoMan4ever
08-29-2009, 11:46 PM
So again! How can Denver justify a 1st and 4th for Brandon????

potential?

truthfully even healthy and without the legal problems, attitude and retardedness, i doubt we would have gotten the 1st and 4th we wanted because of all his bad stats.

BroncoBuff
08-29-2009, 11:52 PM
which stats? 2nd in the NFL in dropped passes, low YPC average, lack of TDs?Don't forget his clutch fumbles.
You guys crack me up ... criticizing Brandon Marshall's stats? I can't stand the guy now either after that video, but criticizing his numbers just reeks of desperation.

mhgaffney
08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Marshall makes almost as many mistakes on the field as he makes big plays.

He will never be a Randy Moss.

SouthStndJunkie
08-30-2009, 01:40 AM

It makes me laugh when people are 'driven away' on a message board.

It is a ****ing posting board....how on earth people can get driven away is beside me. People will disagree and fight and bicker....it is inevitable. Have people grown such thin skin that it keeps them from posting? Just ignore the ****sticks you don't like....it is pretty simple.

I think some people just like the attention and drama....

It always cracks me up when people announce they are leaving a posting board....if you want to leave, just leave the board.

"I will be posting less these days....just can't take all the negativity. See you guys around." (then leaves a caveat for future return....I may stop in from time to time)

The rest of the board: "Oh please don't go....please, please, we love you, slobber slobber." (board gets on collective knees and blows the poster threatening to leave)

Then poster who leaves lurks the board waiting to see when they are mentioned and if they are missed.

blah blah blah....

TomServo
08-30-2009, 01:51 AM
i usually read all posts in a thread, but tonight, all i will say is BM will get signed and paid by another team. TO blew up three teams, got signed and paid. michael vick tortured helpless animals, serial killer behaviour. and he got signed and paid. if anyone thinks BM wont be signed by another team is fantasizing.

watermock
08-30-2009, 03:04 AM
I was brain dead and came back. Literally.

kinda.

Top that!

baja
08-30-2009, 08:40 AM

It is a ****ing posting board....how on earth people can get driven away is beside me. People will disagree and fight and bicker....it is inevitable. Have people grown such thin skin that it keeps them from posting? Just ignore the ****sticks you don't like....it is pretty simple.

It always cracks me up when people announce they are leaving a posting board....if you want to leave, just leave the board.

"I will be posting less these days....just can't take all the negativity. See you guys around." (then leaves a caveat for future return....I may stop in from time to time)

The rest of the board: "Oh please don't go....please, please, we love you, slobber slobber." (board gets on collective knees and blows the poster threatening to leave)

Then poster who leaves lurks the board waiting to see when they are mentioned and if they are missed.

blah blah blah....

LOL funny stuff Junkman.

Oh and Hi Montrose love ya dude....

baja
08-30-2009, 08:43 AM
I was brain dead and came back. Literally.

kinda.

Top that!

............No, I'm not going to say it.

Rohirrim
08-30-2009, 08:45 AM

blah blah blah....

Hilarious!

rastaman
08-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Marshall makes almost as many mistakes on the field as he makes big plays.

He will never be a Randy Moss.

Moss's career was all but in the Tank in Oakland. Partly b/c of his attitude and the other reason being the Raiders were in total disray. However, a new change of scenary, a Pro Bowl--HOF QB to throw to him and a SB team with talent, resurected his career, the bandwagon fair whether fans got on board, and the rest is history. Randy's last two years in Minn. and his entire stay in Oakland was that of a malcontent and locker room cancer. Every pundit said Moss's career was over talent wise....but Randy proved everyone wrong b/c he had pure athletic talent.

Point is never say never. Like Moss, Marashall has freakish talent in regards to height, agility, and strength. Like Moss, Marshall had serious attitude and cancer like affectiveness in the locker room. On the right team thats not rebuilding and is surrounded by talent, Brandon could make the same turn around and impact that Moss has made with NE.

Moss was never the type of player you could build a team around and the same could be said about Brandon....he isnt the type of player to rebuild around....and Denver is definitely in a rebuilding mode. So should Brandon be crucified b/c Bronco fans and management or held hostage by a 1st and 4th trade compensation to make his life miserable; while further punishing Brandon b/c he wants out of town and doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding project!

Would Marshall's stats be better with Peyton Manning or Drew Brees throwing to him or with Orton or Simms throwing to him? Why should Brandon have to wait 3 years before Denver and McD finally land a Franchise QB to replace Cutler?

The Broncos could look pretty foolish for getting rid of Marshall in the end. Now of course the Broncos could try and save face by getting a reliable first and fourth rnd pick who could or won't pan out, but the Broncos still loose a for sure proven Pro bowl talent. All b/c Denver wanted to prove who was boss instead of using a stick and carrot compromise approach where both sides win.

baja
08-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Moss's career was all but in the Tank in Oakland. Partly b/c of his attitude and the other reason being the Raiders were in total disray. However, a new change of scenary, a Pro Bowl--HOF QB to throw to him and a SB team with talent, resurected his career, the bandwagon fair whether fans got on board, and the rest is history. Randy's last two years in Minn. and his entire stay in Oakland was that of a malcontent and locker room cancer. Every pundit said Moss's career was over talent wise....but Randy proved everyone wrong b/c he had pure athletic talent.

Point is never say never. Like Moss, Marashall has freakish talent in regards to height, agility, and strength. Like Moss, Marshall had serious attitude and cancer like affectiveness in the locker room. On the right team thats not rebuilding and is surrounded by talent, Brandon could make the same turn around and impact that Moss has made with NE.

Moss was never the type of player you could build a team around and the same could be said about Brandon....he isnt the type of player to rebuild around....and Denver is definitely in a rebuilding mode. So should Brandon be crucified b/c Bronco fans and management or held hostage by a 1st and 4th trade compensation to make his life miserable; while further punishing Brandon b/c he wants out of town and doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding project!

Would Marshall's stats be better with Peyton Manning or Drew Brees throwing to him or with Orton or Simms throwing to him? Why should Brandon have to wait 3 years before Denver and McD finally land a Franchise QB to replace Cutler?

The Broncos could look pretty foolish for getting rid of Marshall in the end. Now of course the Broncos could try and save face by getting a reliable first and fourth rnd pick who could or won't pan out, but the Broncos still loose a for sure proven Pro bowl talent. All b/c Denver wanted to prove who was boss instead of using a stick and carrot compromise approach where both sides win.

Good post rasta, aren't you glad the Broncos have brought in the very man that can and will install that very system that helped turn Moss around. The locker room turned Moss around and thank god McDaniels is recreating that atmosphere here in Denver. Again good post rasta man glad you have seen the light. Go TEAM

broncocalijohn
08-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Moss actually bit his tongue that first year in Chokeland. I will always give him kudos for that. Once he left, he found a home where harmony is key and you dont hear much from him except on the field.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 01:29 AM

blah blah blah....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkcoobYUu8g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkcoobYUu8g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thats how I would do it...

El Guapo
08-31-2009, 07:18 AM
We've got all these defensive leaders, who exactly is our "Captain" on offense? It'll be whoever reigns in Marshall. Let's hope that player is out there.

rastaman
08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Good post rasta, aren't you glad the Broncos have brought in the very man that can and will install that very system that helped turn Moss around. The locker room turned Moss around and thank god McDaniels is recreating that atmosphere here in Denver. Again good post rasta man glad you have seen the light. Go TEAM

Exactly! We both agree that Brandon is not the type of player you rebuild your team/offense around. Like Moss, he would be more impactful on a team that is already surrounded by talent and having an elite QB throwing him the ball. Right now thats not the Denver Broncos.