tsiguy96
08-28-2009, 09:45 AM
just checkin

SoDak Bronco
08-28-2009, 09:47 AM
the public poll for who is a bigger dbag will give you the answers you seek

Rohirrim
08-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Where is the "tsi makes childish polls" choice?

Dr. Broncenstein
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Where is the "hit yourself repeatedly in the head until you quit breathing if you think yes" option on the poll? You Marshall nuthuggers are so desperately pathetic that I'm embarassed for you.

MileHighMagic
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Isn't everything

Bronco Boy
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
It's really Shanny's fault for drafting this turd.

Popps
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Honestly, I can't imagine the stupidity and disillusionment required to try to pin this on McDaniels.

Though the Cutler situation wasn't on McDaniels, at least he was involved. A feeble mind could blame coach for Quitler's antics. But, McDaniels had absolutely nothing to do with this outside of trying to publicly clean up Brandy's ****-mess after every practice.

errand
08-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I generally wish any former Bronco success should they wind up elsewhere in their NFL careers (yes, even Griese) and yet I can't help but wish that this clown ends up out of the league in the next two years.

Given his penchant for finding trouble...it may happen sooner...and given his penchant for domestic violence, he might end up dead or in prison.

As for the team, Eddie Royal had 91 catches last season as a rookie...he'll thrive in McDaniel's slant patterned based attack mich like Wes Welker has.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree with you football assessment, but was he not acquitted of domestic abuse charges?

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
I doubt if its up to Mcdaniels whether or not to extend Marshalls deal.

IMO Broncos are hoping for a new CBA with more protections against players getting in trouble. They want to be able to get the bonus back if he gets suspended.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
I agree with you football assessment, but was he not acquitted of domestic abuse charges?

if he had not been cleared this would all be moot. No way he would be getting a new deal then right?

jhns
08-28-2009, 10:24 AM
It is pretty funny to me how many people think that the FO isn't responsible for anything. Mcdaniels is the coach/GM on this team. He gets paid to be the leader of the team, manage players, and have them ready to play. Of course nothing that happens on this team is his fault!

Marshall being angry about the contract isn't mcds fault. the way he is handling it is mcds fault. They have shown this team that you cry like cutler and you get what you want. Now immature players are going to cry so they get what they want. If they make it known that crying gets you nowhere and being respectable hets you what you want, this would be playing out different.

The man in charge is responsible for everything that happens on this team. You better believe he will be held accountable if this team sucks. All of your chants about him not being responsible will mean nothing at that time.

mizzoutigers
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
settle down there buddy, it's his first year with a team that seriously lacks talent. and the hell with marshall --> POS

WolfpackGuy
08-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, I am blaming "The Coach" for global warming.
Al Gore approved this message.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-28-2009, 10:28 AM
No. It's Bowlen's fault.

kamakazi_kal
08-28-2009, 10:30 AM
just checkin

cmon dude.

Rickity
08-28-2009, 10:33 AM
McD didn't make BMarsh a dumbass

orinjkrush
08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
I swear if something doesn't get better soon, Invesco will get burned to the ground.

Hope the Bears don't finish it all off on Sunday.

Gcver2ver3
08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
the player is a grown man...

i'm not blamibng one grown man for another grown man's idiotic choices...

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
There once was the this talented RB that out played his contract and he wanted a to be paid what he thought he was worth. He even started talking to the press about holding out if he didn't get what he wanted. So the coach took those words to heart and instead of letting it become a problem he traded that player for a pretty damn good player and a draft pick.

12th man
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Nope. Interesting what the radio just said. Marshall and Mcdaniels had a meeting wednsday basically saying, no more shananagins. and what does marshall do in in practice? act like a tool. He did this to himself.

Florida_Bronco
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Absolutely not.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 11:02 AM
There once was the this talented RB that out played his contract and he wanted a to be paid what he thought he was worth. He even started talking to the press about holding out if he didn't get what he wanted. So the coach took those words to heart and instead of letting it become a problem he traded that player for a pretty damn good player and a draft pick.

then there is bobby humphrey who ruined his career trying the same thing.

It's risky business holding out in the NFL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 11:03 AM
then there is bobby humphrey who ruined his career trying the same thing.

It's risky business holding out in the NFL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

You can say the same about Lelie.

Flex Gunmetal
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
brophog, Don Flamenco, scttgrd, shaunroach, and waz06 know the score.

footstepsfrom#27
08-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Where is the "hit yourself repeatedly in the head until you quit breathing if you think yes" option on the poll? You Marshall nuthuggers are so desperately pathetic that I'm embarassed for you.
Eh...it's 68-5 currently, 93%...who are you embarassed for?

Bronco LB52
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
As for the team, Eddie Royal had 91 catches last season as a rookie...he'll thrive in McDaniel's slant patterned based attack mich like Wes Welker has.

Thanks for that sharing that insight, errand. I hadn't heard that one before.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I would love to believe the McDaniels caused MArshall to repeatedly get arrested. It would be easy if Marshall doesn't know the playbook, that he's had for months, because of McDaniels. Had McDaniels told Marshall to disrespect his teammates with S practive antics then this would be McDaniels fault. Since none of these things happened...I gotta go with Marshall has no one but himself to blame.

MVP-06
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
You cannot win super bowls with these type of players.

1. TO= no SB
2. Moss= no SB ( although I will say he has been better as of late)
3. Keyshawn= no SB
4. javon walker= no sb
5. B. Marsh= no sb
6. Chad Johnson= no sb
7. Steve Smith= no sb

Rod Smith and Ed McCaff? = 2 superbowls each and I would say they have about 1/2 the talent of these guys, however, they were football players and team players and understood the game was bigger then themselves.

jacob2125
08-28-2009, 11:28 AM

1. TO= no SB
3. Keyshawn= no SB
4. javon walker= no sb
5. B. Marsh= no sb
6. Chad Johnson= no sb
7. Steve Smith= no sb

Rod Smith and Ed McCaff? = 2 superbowls each and I would say they have about 1/2 the talent of these guys, however, they were football players and team players and understood the game was bigger then themselves.

Michael Irvin disagrees.

SportinOne
08-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Just because some idiot comes in here and calls himself coach doesn't make HIM the Denver Broncos. Brandon Marshall was playing last year, there weren't any issues except off the field issues. Now McDaniels is here and he is acting crazy. Interesting. Same thing happened with Cutler.. Hmmm. I wonder what the constant is here. If he really thinks he can win without Cuter AND Marshall, fine. Make Eddie Royal a #1 (ha). Let's rely on a bunch of would-be-has-been-except-they-never-were-anything runningbacks and a rookie. Oh and we now have a QB who throws left handed but doesn't have nearly the payoff Plummer and Cutler did when he isn't making stupid plays. He's barely average, barely average, barely average, and then completely awful.

Unless we draft and sign free agents EXTREMELY well in the next 3 years (which is possible considering that we will have high picks) this team won't sniff the playoffs for half a decade.

dbfan4life
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
It is pretty funny to me how many people think that the FO isn't responsible for anything. Mcdaniels is the coach/GM on this team. He gets paid to be the leader of the team, manage players, and have them ready to play. Of course nothing that happens on this team is his fault!

Marshall being angry about the contract isn't mcds fault. the way he is handling it is mcds fault. They have shown this team that you cry like cutler and you get what you want. Now immature players are going to cry so they get what they want. If they make it known that crying gets you nowhere and being respectable hets you what you want, this would be playing out different.

The man in charge is responsible for everything that happens on this team. You better believe he will be held accountable if this team sucks. All of your chants about him not being responsible will mean nothing at that time.

I made a general response to this in another thread when you said something similar. Why can't Brandon act like an adult all by himself? Why does he need to handled with kiddie gloves? Why when the coach tells you that you're walking on thin ice does he need it explained exactly what that means. I have a three year old with better comprehension than that. When he's doing something he's not supposed to I say "No! Don't do that." He does it again I spank his hand, does it again - off to time out he goes. Sound like McD is handling the immature player just right.

SportinOne
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Michael Irvin disagrees.

So does a Plax.
So does Keyshawn Johnson

footstepsfrom#27
08-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Michael Irvin disagrees.
Beat me to it...and why is Steve Smith on that list?

jhns
08-28-2009, 11:46 AM
I made a general response to this in another thread when you said something similar. Why can't Brandon act like an adult all by himself? Why does he need to handled with kiddie gloves? Why when the coach tells you that you're walking on thin ice does he need it explained exactly what that means. I have a three year old with better comprehension than that. When he's doing something he's not supposed to I say "No! Don't do that." He does it again I spank his hand, does it again - off to time out he goes. Sound like McD is handling the immature player just right.

I have never claimed athletes are smart or mature. If you 3 year old sees someone else get what they want by screaming and kicking, I guarantee you he tries it the next time he wants something and isn't getting it.

It doesn't really matter though. If we don't want to learn how to handle players, we can continue dealing with this stuff. If we keep getting rid of talent, this front office will only continue making their jobs harder.

At the end of the day, fault in all these situations won't matter a bit. If we suck, mcd will be held responsible for us sucking. If he isn't, I will be crying a lot longer.

jhns
08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
So does a Plax.
So does Keyshawn Johnson

I know you are listing wideouts but Sharpe and Romo also think it is dumb to say you can't win with these types.

dbfan4life
08-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I have never claimed athletes are smart or mature. If you 3 year old sees someone else get what they want by screaming and kicking, I guarantee you he tries it the next time he wants something and isn't getting it.

It doesn't really matter though. If we don't want to learn how to handle players, we can continue dealing with this stuff. If we keep getting rid of talent, this front office will only continue making their jobs harder.

At the end of the day, fault in all these situations won't matter a bit. If we suck, mcd will be held responsible for us sucking. If he isn't, I will be crying a lot longer.

Sure, I agree with this. McDaniels should be held responsible if we lose. But, the thing is, we haven't lost anything yet. BMarsh is acting like an a-hold on his own accord - no one else.

jhns
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Sure, I agree with this. McDaniels should be held responsible if we lose. But, the thing is, we haven't lost anything yet. BMarsh is acting like an a-hold on his own accord - no one else.

I agree with how they are currently handling Marshall. My problem with it is that it was likely brought on by the way they handled cutler. They showed the other kids that if you cry and act dumb you get what you want.

I hope they fix that with this situation. If they trade marshall or give him a contract, it will again show that this behavior is rewarded. I will guarantee this team deals with this type of thing again in the future if they do.

Drek
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Portis brought back Champ and a 2nd round pick.

Cutler brought back two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, and a starting QB.

Marshall brings back what exactly? In a league where Terrell Owens got flat out cut for this kind of behavior, and a work horse like Boldin doesn't garner enough serious offers for AZ to move him, what does Marshall get you? Could he even return the 4th round pick we spent on him a few years ago at this point?

You basically have to ask yourself this question: What would I give for a young productive WR who is literally one strike away from an 8+ game suspension, wants a new deal yesterday with an AAV over $9M and about $20M guaranteed, and who was caught on film making a mockery of practice for a coach he has publicly supported on multiple occasions?

The answer for anyone who isn't a total moron? Not very much. If someone wanted to pony up for an elite WR they'd just go get Anquan Boldin and pay him. He's got all of Marshall's positives and none of the negatives.

enjolras
08-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Michael Irvin was a nut job, true. But he was also widely regarded as an excellent teammate. You here that over and again from those who played with him. He practiced and played hard. The same can (as far as I can tell) about Plaxico Burress.

Marshall isn't that. He's cut from the Terrell Owens mold. He makes the game about him. He detracts from the team instead of adding to it. He's a cancer, and like any cancer should be cut out.

elsid13
08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
settle down there buddy, it's his first year with a team that seriously lacks talent. and the hell with marshall --> POS

Lacks talent? There was a reason that Denver was the best opening for any new coach this last off season.

Baba Booey
08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Hell no

elsid13
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM

1. TO= no SB
3. Keyshawn= no SB
4. javon walker= no sb
5. B. Marsh= no sb
6. Chad Johnson= no sb
7. Steve Smith= no sb

Keyshawn has ring with TB.

The Joker
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
7 complete retards so far.

Thought there'd be more, in all honesty.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
The answer for anyone who isn't a total moron? Not very much. If someone wanted to pony up for an elite WR they'd just go get Anquan Boldin and pay him. He's got all of Marshall's positives and none of the negatives.

Anquan remains UNavailable.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Michael Irvin disagrees.

Michael Irving, while having drug issues, never put himself above his team in the 5 year period when the Boys were unstoppable.

Rock Chalk
08-28-2009, 01:10 PM

Who gives a ****.

He did it and everyone ****ing knows it.

He has money, he is an athlete. The justice system does not work for those retards.

You should ****ing know this and if you dont then you truly are retarded.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Who gives a ****.

He did it and everyone ****ing knows it.

He has money, he is an athlete. The justice system does not work for those retards.

You should ****ing know this and if you dont then you truly are retarded.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/fisherwy/R17QmqzeUYI/AAAAAAAAMAI/Bk08K0fN5Ls/leonard+little+picture%5B8%5D

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/09/RayLewisorangejumpsuit.jpg

"We disagree. The justice system is working fine."

Broncos4tw
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
BMarsh is acting like a juvenile punk. But, many teams have these players, it's hardly uncommon. The trick is learning how to deal with these guys. So while I think BMarsh is acting a fool, I think that perhaps he wouldn't have, had the FO handled things differently. You are not going to form a SB team if you run every single player out of town that has skill. Many (too many) franchise players have an attitude to match their ego. Coaches learn how to deal and work with these players. I just don't think McD has these skills yet.

Also, I think he is demanding respect. It doesn't work like that. Just because he has the title "head coach" doesn't mean the players are going to suck his left nut. He needs to earn some respect. Win some games. Give and take. So far, he has dismantled the team, put his own guys in, and then demands respect. He has lied, and lost the respect of players in the process.

So: BMarsh - he is acting like a tool. But that doesn't mean that the FO couldn't have handled it better. And I am talking prior to this outbreak. There is a reason he is pissy and whiny. We'll never know what it is.

MVP-06
08-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Beat me to it...and why is Steve Smith on that list?

he broke a teammates jaw

MVP-06
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Keyshawn has ring with TB.

he should give it back

listopencil
08-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Currently I blame Pat Bowlen.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Eh...it's 68-5 currently, 93%...who are you embarassed for?

u win a facepalm

scttgrd
08-28-2009, 03:53 PM
"the coach" has been here for more than 6 months, and everyone knew this was going to be an issue. Why hasn't "the coach" done anything to get things worked out? As some have already said, every team has talented but twisted players. It just seems the Broncos are the team that has no idea how to deal with it. So ignoring the problem gets you just as much blame as the guy you knew was going to cause it.

Br0nc0Buster
08-28-2009, 04:00 PM
"the coach" has been here for more than 6 months, and everyone knew this was going to be an issue. Why hasn't "the coach" done anything to get things worked out? As some have already said, every team has talented but twisted players. It just seems the Broncos are the team that has no idea how to deal with it. So ignoring the problem gets you just as much blame as the guy you knew was going to cause it.

Every team has players that have been arrested multiple times and who punt balls away from teammates during practice.....really?
Care to list which players have the rap sheet Marshall has that are on current teams?

I guess Andy Reid and Bill Belicheck are to blame when guys like Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, and Terry Glenn act out

Mogulseeker
08-28-2009, 04:01 PM
It's not McD's fault... it's the fault of a prima donna used to getting his way, who wasn't brought up too well.

scttgrd
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Marshall is an a**, no way to say it other than that. We all knew he was an a** before things got to this point. If you see this coming down the pike and jam your head in the sand hoping it will go away you have no one to blame but yourself. How many months has Brandon been b1tching about a new contract or trade? And the team played like he will come around for US. Marsall see's no way out of the situation, and the team isn't giving one. Something had to give.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 04:12 PM
7 complete retards so far.

Thought there'd be more, in all honesty.

Better include NFL Network's commentators in the "complete retards" then... they weren't kind to McD a few moments ago while talking about the situation. :P

UberBroncoMan
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
McD didn't make BMarsh a dumbass

^^^^^

elsid13
08-28-2009, 04:21 PM
so McDaniels isn't giving the Marshall playbook to take home and study? Why not?

cabronco
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
so McDaniels isn't giving the Marshall playbook to take home and study? Why not?

Prolly doesnt trust him to hand out copies to AFC West & other teams we play.

I think it was Mark Sclereth who said BM is full of bologne saying he doesnt know the playbook yet.

frerottenextelway
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
The buck stops at the top. I could see this coming for months, yet our staff still let it happen. We're close to putting ourselves in the worst possible spot we could for our interests as a team, where we won't get productivity on the field from BM and won't get squat in a trade.

So yeah, BM is an ass, but that's a sympton of the bigger problem, not the root problem itself. IMHO.

elsid13
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM

I think it was Mark Sclereth who said BM is full of bologne saying he doesnt know the playbook yet.

Stinky was just repeating what Armstrong had stated on NFL access two weeks ago. Armstrong stated it was response to McDaniels sticking him on the scout team when he was ready to play.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 04:43 PM

Good question. The Raiders and Chiefs both are in dire need of a good WR...

Predaphin
08-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes it was. McD treated Cutler like a Diva and the other Diva got jealous

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 05:45 PM

Bingo.

He needs to be taken out to the woodshed.

TonyR
08-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Better include NFL Network's commentators in the "complete retards" then... they weren't kind to McD a few moments ago while talking about the situation. :P

So you're still siding with Brandon Marshall over the head coach? Stop beating around the bush and explain where you stand and why. Tell us how this is McD's fault and Marshall is just a victim. Come on, we really want to hear it.

frerottenextelway
08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
So you're still siding with Brandon Marshall over the head coach? Stop beating around the bush and explain where you stand and why. Tell us how this is McD's fault and Marshall is just a victim. Come on, we really want to hear it.

Marshall is not a ''victim''. He's also immature and apparently an ass. This is, the larger point that is, still McD and Bowlens fault.

Did anyone not see this coming for months? Apparently other than the F.O. and HC who someone missed the impending trainwreck - or saw it coming and did nothing to avoid the guarenteed collision.

We're on the verge of both a.) not trading him for value and b.) not playing him. What a win for the organization! Well run.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Honestly, I can't imagine the stupidity and disillusionment required to try to pin this on McDaniels.

Though the Cutler situation wasn't on McDaniels, at least he was involved. A feeble mind could blame coach for Quitler's antics. But, McDaniels had absolutely nothing to do with this outside of trying to publicly clean up Brandy's ****-mess after every practice.

Don't worry Pops the season hasn't started yet. McD is in a great position to get plenty of accolades and plenty of the blame.;)

TonyR
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
This is, the larger point that is, still McD and Bowlens fault.

Did anyone not see this coming for months? Apparently other than the F.O. and HC who someone missed the impending trainwreck - or saw it coming and did nothing to avoid the guarenteed collision.

We're on the verge of both a.) not trading him for value and b.) not playing him. What a win for the organization! Well run.

Tell us, oh wise one, what you would have done that McD and the FO didn't do.

OBF1
08-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Where is the "you are an idiot for even bringing this up" option???

Broncos4tw
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM

This isn't a crime for crying out loud. It can be BOTH of their faults. Did you think of that?

Front office screws the pooch with their piss-poor player management. Their apparent no-nonsense, no-compromise attitude is like a brick to the face for many players, alienating them. They have no worries about building trust or confidence - if you don't perform (and even if you do), you are not safe. If there is another player that is just LIKED better, you can be gone or relegated to backup.

We have players like Cutler and even more so, Bmarsh, who require kidgloves when dealing with them. But you know what, all teams have those players. If you've not noticed, the more skilled / better payed players have egos. Just the way it is. You need to know how to deal with them. It's a laughable pipe-dream to think you can have a team that has no one like this on it. And Cutler was hardly a bad case. The way fans demonize him makes me just shake my head in wonder.

So, these players act like idiots, and instead of dealing with them, they hit them in the face with the proverbial brick. This seems all noble and "tough," until our team has a bunch of crap players, and nothing else. Then it won't seem so smart. Players like Champ are not going to play long for a team that is less than mediocre. Champ is already frustrated. Lose our good players, and we are mired in mediocrity. Then we lose the rest. We end up with a very average, boring, losing team. We become the Lions.

McD hasn't been a coach long enoughm or done a damn thing yet, to demand Parcells-like respect. After serving in the military for many years, I learned this. Just because you have rank, and get in someone's face, doesn't mean jack. You'd never see a butterbar dicking with a CSM. It doesn't happen. One of them earned respect with hard work and results, one didn't. Rank doesn't mean crap.

So, while I hope our players mature, I'd hope our front office.. and our new head coach, are smart enough to realize that YOUNG PLAYERS need to be handled a bit differently. No, you can't let them run rampant. Yes, you do need to do some PR with all your strutting, so that your players like you. McD hasn't done near enough to fear players into respecting him. What a laugh.

McD needs to wise up. BMarsh didn't come out Wednesday and decide to be a dumbass, something lead up to this. I just hope they wise up before all we are left with are players who are young enough and stupid enough to actually fear McD, and fall into line for his new "system." When it comes down to that, we are the new Lions. Fun times.

BroncsRule
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I chose yes - because it is partially McD's fault.

McD set the table with his handling of the Cutler fiasco - can't blame Marshall for assuming he should be able to pull up a chair and eat his fill as well.