PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels Press Conference

LetsGoBroncos
08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Is it at 1:00 eastern, or 1:00 Mountain time?

tsiguy96
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
good question...

BroncosinDC
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
1:00 PM Eastern per ESPN

BMarsh615
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Is it at 1:00 eastern, or 1:00 Mountain time?

1 eastern. Mile High Sports Radio said they are going to air it live.

http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/scripts/player.aspx?call=kckk

LetsGoBroncos
08-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Sweet. I haven't heard a peep out of Kenny Peterson in awhile. Can't wait to see what he's been up to.

s0phr0syne
08-28-2009, 10:05 AM
thanks for the streaming link.

i'm listening now, but I haven't seen any mention of the press conference on the internet or heard it mentioned on the radio...can anyone confirm that this is happening at 1 pm ET, ie now?

dbfan21
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
1 eastern. Mile High Sports Radio said they are going to air it live.

http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/scripts/player.aspx?call=kckk

doesn't sound like it's being aired...it's 1:07 EST. Maybe the presser is at 1 MST.

BMarsh615
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
doesn't sound like it's being aired...it's 1:07 EST. Maybe the presser is at 1 MST.

They said over an hour ago they were going to switch over to the press conference when it starts. I haven't heard anything about it recently. I am listening to it right now waiting for it to start.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Before the last break, they'd mentioned it was going to be "any minute".

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Radio is blowing it.

Live on cbs4denver.com

Punisher
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
It's a damn shame that McD has to go threw this **** a damn shame.

kamakazi_kal
08-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Well, I think McMakessomefunnyassfaces handled it right. I have a feeling this is not the end though.

Ray Finkle
08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
McDaniel is getting better at his public speaking....I thought he handled it very well.

crush17
08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Can we get a recap?

HILife
08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Can we get a recap?

exactly. what did he say?

BroncoDoug
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
he said they warned Marshall before wed. practice. He still acted a fool....

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-28-2009, 10:54 AM
He also said Marshall wasn't a distraction, that the other guys are so busy and focused on other things they don't have time to stop and worry about Brandon and what he's doing.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
He also said Marshall wasn't a distraction, that the other guys are so busy and focused on other things they don't have time to stop and worry about Brandon and what he's doing.

I would just admit its a distraction. Of course it is, how could it not be.

Rabb
08-28-2009, 11:01 AM
bets on when he is dealt?

12th man
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
he said they warned Marshall before wed. practice. He still acted a fool....

Seriously. How stupid is Marshall? The boss warns him not to act like a dick, and what does Brandon do? Act like an asswhipe 12 year old punk in front of his team and the media. He brought this **** on him self.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
McDaniel is getting better at his public speaking....I thought he handled it very well.

Yeah....but he was sure fidgetting around alot and his eyes were looking all over the place! Just an observation.

no-pseudo-fan
08-28-2009, 11:09 AM
bets on when he is dealt?

My bet is "no time in the near future".

If we aren't going to get anything for him, which after his BF we wouldn't get anything, we should make an example of him. This can ruin his career if he doesn't turn it around. Denver could sit him, suspend him, suspend him, suspend him again etc, and then when he is a RFA, we put a 1st and 3rd round tender on him, and then if/when no one takes him off our hands, we just let him rot for another year.

ghwk
08-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Mickey D is going to get grey as fast as Obama. Just about every press conference he has had has dealt with some element of SUCK. Cutler, Orton interceptions, Moreno hurt, Marshall douchebag. My eyes would be twitchy too.

s0phr0syne
08-28-2009, 11:14 AM
My bet is "no time in the near future".

If we aren't going to get anything for him, which after his BF we wouldn't get anything, we should make an example of him. This can ruin his career if he doesn't turn it around. Denver could sit him, suspend him, suspend him, suspend him again etc, and then when he is a RFA, we put a 1st and 3rd round tender on him, and then if/when no one takes him off our hands, we just let him rot for another year.

I wonder if the team is willing to pay him (under the scenario you suggest, with the franchise tag) just to make a point.

I mean, it's basically chump change in the end to the organization, but at the same time it would eat a chunk of our cap just to ruin BM's career, which would almost undoubtedly happen if he sat out for 2 years straight.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I would just admit its a distraction. Of course it is, how could it not be.

not necessarily. this is america, no one gives a **** about anyone other then themselves anyway;)

footstepsfrom#27
08-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Just in time for the nationally televised Sunday night game. This offseason is like 5 years of bad news.

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:20 AM
I wonder if the team is willing to pay him (under the scenario you suggest, with the franchise tag) just to make a point.

I mean, it's basically chump change in the end to the organization, but at the same time it would eat a chunk of our cap just to ruin BM's career, which would almost undoubtedly happen if he sat out for 2 years straight.

If they did give him the high tender (please note that this is different from a franchise tag.....WAY different), he'd only count between $2 and $3 million against the cap....and oh yeah, there is no cap at all next year, so really the Broncos could do this (have him sit this year and next) and not break a sweat at all.

ScottXray
08-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Tagging him would be a mistake if he is dogging it through NEXT year, and this one.

Assuming, he actually performs on the field, the above scenario works.

Brandon just better realise he is here for at least 2 years unless he can increase his trade value. This and next.
Anyone, that signs him next year WILL be giving up high picks for him, no matter what contract is offered to him. Once again the BRONCOS are in the drivers seat for at least that long. Of course they'll have to pay him based on
his performance, or he can hold out...but they'll retain his rights at least that long.

The Key is BM wants to be PAID! Continuing to mess around means he won't be, for at least 2 years! So, he either has to start to perform now, or start realising he will have very little income for quite a while (in his terms of thinking).

NYBronc
08-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Another sign we're going to the Super Bowl this <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/16/sports/pro-football-glenn-suspended-by-patriots.html">year.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 11:29 AM
If they did give him the high tender (please note that this is different from a franchise tag.....WAY different), he'd only count between $2 and $3 million against the cap....and oh yeah, there is no cap at all next year, so really the Broncos could do this (have him sit this year and next) and not break a sweat at all.

If that scenario works out, Brandon will still be in his prime! Broncos can't keep him forever.....and to try and hold on him out of spite, animosity and hatred, it only makes the Organization look classless.

BEND TO OUR WILL....OR WE WILL RUIN YOU! Yeah thats going to work out in the long run....especially if you don't win.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
so really the Broncos could do this (have him sit this year and next) and not break a sweat at all.

Works for me. We'd just have to hire security for any women dumb enough to hang out with BM, cause he's gonna be beatin on some bitches.:~ohyah!:

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 11:34 AM
If that scenario works out, Brandon will still be in his prime! Broncos can't keep him forever.....and to try and hold on him out of spite, animosity and hatred, it only makes the Organization look classless.

BEND TO OUR WILL....OR WE WILL RUIN YOU! Yeah thats going to work out in the long run....especially if you don't win.

No different than the current BM extortion try.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm with rastaman. The Broncos shouldn't be in the business of revenge. We should be in the football business. Trade him, get someone in here that can help us win. It's a football team, not a finishing school. Let him be someone else's problem. "no hard feelings B-Marsh, and good luck buddy" and get him out of here.

bombquixote
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM

So are you Brandon's little brother or something?

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Works for me. We'd just have to hire security for any women dumb enough to hang out with BM, cause he's gonna be beatin on some b****es.:~ohyah!:

acquitted....don't let the facts get in the way though good buddy. ;)

SonOfLe-loLang
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm with rastaman. The Broncos shouldn't be in the business of revenge. We should be in the football business. Trade him, get someone in here that can help us win. It's a football team, not a finishing school. Let him be someone else's problem. "no hard feelings B-Marsh, and good luck buddy" and get him out of here.

You cannot let the inmates run the asylum

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Well, I think McMakessomefunnyassfaces handled it right. I have a feeling this is not the end though.

And how is that by not handling it he is the ****ing coach .

dbfan4life
08-28-2009, 11:39 AM

We do that now, we don't get anything close to value in return. Plus, the whole bad message thing doing that will send to others.

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
you fix the problem you get your player ready for the first game of the season ! that is a coach ! this is not what the **** head did he pull more what a GM would do.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
You cannot let the inmates run the asylum

Transfer the inmate.

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:42 AM
So when does our Coach show the **** up ?

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Transfer the inmate.

Easy answer is a losing team

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM

Have you and rastaman stopped to consider that no one wants him for price when they can possibly get him for free if they want him at all? I doubt you have.

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:44 AM
A coach gets all player to play at there best . a ****ty Coach loses control hmmmm.

Dukes
08-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Transfer the inmate.

There's 50+ other guys on the team that want more money too, just saying. It's a slippery slope

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Transfer the inmate.

The best offer they have received (rumor) is a 4th round pick. I'd rather keep him, franchise him, and get 2 1st's for him if anyone wants him that bad. Which they won't because he's an 8 game suspension waiting to him.

Pony Boy

I agree, let him sit for at least a year or until injuries force a team to give us worthy draft picks. I don't understand his agent, you don't go all-in in a poker game when when you don't have the cards...........

SJ Bronco
We do that now, we don't get anything close to value in return. Plus, the whole bad message thing doing that will send to others.

Bad message? Anyone else want a trade? See ya!:welcome: I just don't see the point. Are we babysitting or playing football? Send em packing, there are plenty of good guys in the NFL that will fit your system. Why waste cap space and a roster spot on making a freakin' point? Sounds like we are suggesting MCD be the king, not the coach. Off with his head just doesn't seem as good as sending him to bengal or Raider hell. We need to get moving on winning. This kind of crap is what Al Davis does. Makes people pay for not bowing to him. Just go Shannahan and send em packing to DC and get someone in here that can help us win ball games.

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 11:46 AM

the 1st and 3rd round tender for a RFA is like a 3million dollar contract for 1 year. Franchising a player would happen when the player is free to go and the team has no other options but to slap them with the franchise tag and pay that player huge money.

i'd be all for giving him a 1st and 3rd round tender just to **** him over another year

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
The best offer they have received (rumor) is a 4th round pick. I'd rather keep him, franchise him, and get 2 1st's for him if anyone wants him that bad. Which they won't because he's an 8 game suspension waiting to him.

if done right, a 4th round pick is better than just sitting some 2.2 million dollar baby on the bench not contributing.

Gcver2ver3
08-28-2009, 11:48 AM

what you're missing is that trading Marshall will have larger scale negative effects on us...

it'll set a precedent that we reward petulant behavior by accommodating player request...it'll show that the players are bigger than the team and it will impact future free agent signings and overall team cohesiveness...

we cannot allow Marshall to win this...it's not about revenge, it's about showing strength and resolve as an organization...

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
acquitted....don't let the facts get in the way though good buddy. ;)

Acquitted does not mean the person didn't do it. I would hope you would be smarter than that.

You'd let your sister marry OJ?

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Have you and rastaman stopped to consider that no one wants him for price when they can possibly get him for free if they want him at all? I doubt you have.

Free, you don't think anyone will offer you a pick and a mid level player for him? I'm sure Al Davis is putting together a package deal right now. just his small cap number alone is worth the trade if I'm a team in need.

Gort
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
not necessarily. this is america, no one gives a **** about anyone other then themselves anyway;)

i bought lunch for a homeless guy the other day. but i'm sure i did it for myself. not for him. no way would i do something for a homeless guy. yep. it must have been for my benefit. i'm a conservative, so i probably don't even like homeless people, huh? let's just round 'em up and shoot 'em. or worse yet, make 'em watch George Michael music videos over and over again.

you're a douchebag. if you think everybody in this country is just a selfish SOB, then please move to somewhere else. iran. pakistan. rwanda. somalia. you'd be much happier there.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Acquitted does not mean the person didn't do it. I would hope you would be smarter than that.

OJ was convicted smart guy. He's in jail

If you want to be judge and jury on everyone you meet, that's fine, but the justice system says he's innocent. No, I wouldn't want my sister to date OJ, but I'd be fine with her dating B-Marsh

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:51 AM
if done right, a 4th round pick is better than just sitting some 2.2 million dollar baby on the bench not contributing.

Why would you ever take a 4th round pick when, if you simply let him go for "nothing" at the end of the year, the league would give you a 3rd round compensatory pick if he performs well after he leaves? The acquiring team would clearly have to do better than a 4th.

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:51 AM
There's 50+ other guys on the team that want more money too, just saying. It's a slippery slope

that is why you call his ass out at practice not this crap . Mcd let him get away with this crap for weeks! he could of made the team pay for his crap that would of put an end to Marhsall right then and there .

DenverBrit
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
A coach gets all player to play at there best . a ****ty Coach loses control hmmmm.

79 out of 80 on the current roster.

BM was a problem child before he entered the NFL.

It's being handled correctly.

broncswin
08-28-2009, 11:53 AM

L..O..L

booya!!:thumbs:

~Crash~
like I said when is our head Coach going to show up ?

Quoydogs

I kinda like it. It is making a statement.

If want to be a Bronco then come here to play as a team. We will not put up with your pre-madonna BS. We are not looking for player we are looking for a team.

I admit I hated what McDaniel came in here and did. Who would not. I mean the first thing he does is get rid of your franchise QB. However I will say this. He is following the Belicheck (sp) scheme and that is you are here to play football and not for the fame, glory and media. You will make money but you will not be the highest paid. Most importantly you will be and play like a team.

Now don't get me wrong I hate that man and the Patties. I do like his attitude towards the game though. These player are getting way out of hand and the media is not helping. If more coaches were like him we would not have this and I think McD is trying to get this done.
A great example is Randy moss. Look at him in Minnesota and Oakland, then look at him as a Patty. Don't mean to high jack the thred, just liked what the other person said.

Beantown Bronco
OJ was convicted smart guy. He's in jail

I guess you ARE that dumb, then.

If you want to be judge and jury on everyone you meet, that's fine, but the justice system says he's innocent.

I forgot. Facts are facts. Innocent people never go to jail and guilty people are always convicted. Thanks for that lesson.

No, I wouldn't want my sister to date OJ, but I'd be fine with her dating B-Marsh

Uh, huh.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
what you're missing is that trading Marshall will have larger scale negative effects on us...

it'll set a precedent that we reward petulant behavior by accommodating player request...it'll show that the players are bigger than the team and it will impact future free agent signings and overall team cohesiveness...

we cannot allow Marshall to win this...it's not about revenge, it's about showing strength and resolve as an organization...

How many of these guys do you think we have on the team? You assume that every player that isn't given their way is throwing tantrums. Again, we aren't babysitters. You treat them like adult employee's.

"sir may I have a raise"

"no"

"I want a trade"

"see ya...anyone else?"

You want it both ways, you want the players to behave like adults, but you treat them like children. The massive majority of players would have accepted no, and moved on. Brandon is an extreme case, get him out of there before he divides the locker room. No sitting in the corner is necessary.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:56 AM

I forgot. Facts are facts. Innocent people never go to jail and guilty people are always convicted. Thanks for that lesson.

Uh, huh.

People like to tell you who to trust, I forgot, thanks for that lesson...BTW, he's in jail,that's a fact, how is that dumb?(edited my response, name calling is unnecessary)

uplink
08-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Schefter claims the suspension is for a week and gave Dan's Shrimp Bistro in downtown Denver 3 footballs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-plan-to-pursue-escalating-discipline-of-marshall/
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
L..O..L

booya!!:thumbs:

Your comparing Brandon Marshall to OJ. I'm not sure you noticed that. Just FYI

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
People like to tell you who to trust, I forgot, thanks for that lesson...BTW, he's in jail,that's a fact, how is that dumb you mental midget?

Right. Because you wouldn't let your sister date OJ based on his armed robbery of memorabilia collectors. That's why he's in prison, dumb ****.

I wouldn't let my sister date OJ because he killed his ex-wife. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have pieced that one together themselves.

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
79 out of 80 on the current roster.

BM was a problem child before he entered the NFL.

It's being handled correctly.

so you are saying the Coach has all of his players ready to go at the start of the season ? hell one of " his guys " is now play for the Bears. A Coaches main job is to get players to want to run though wall for you I don't see that .

there is ways to make player do things you want them to do even if they don't want to . that is a coach you and the broncos seem to want a GM to run the thing on the sidelines I want a Coach .

Atlas
08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree, let him sit for at least a year or until injuries force a team to give us worthy draft picks. I don't understand his agent, you don't go all-in in a poker game when when you don't have the cards...........

Meanwhile Denver wins three games this year.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Why would you ever take a 4th round pick when, if you simply let him go for "nothing" at the end of the year, the league would give you a 3rd round compensatory pick if he performs well after he leaves? The acquiring team would clearly have to do better than a 4th.

Your assuming he performs well, but ok, then ask for what you think you can get, but at least explore the option. I just find it real weird that we are out for blood. It's football, not a prison, I don't think making an example does anything for us. My opinion

DenverBrit
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
so you are saying the Coach has all of his players ready to go at the start of the season ? hell one of " his guys " is now play for the Bears. A Coaches main job is to get players to want to run though wall for you I don't see that .

there is ways to make player do things you want them to do even if they don't want to . that is a coach you and the broncos seem to want a GM to run the thing on the sidelines I want a Coach .

I said, CURRENT ROSTER.

But go ahead and keep on rambling as if you have a clue about what's really going on behind locked doors.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM

Not when we can get 2 1st's or keep him.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
meanwhile denver wins three games this year.

+1

Killericon
08-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Schefter claims the suspension is for a week and game Dan's Shrimp Bistro in downtown
Denver 3 footballs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-plan-to-pursue-escalating-discipline-of-marshall/
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I wonder if Florio ever says to people that he's unbiased.

SJ Bronco
Not when we can get 2 1st's or keep him.

ok, so there is something. Do you think we can keep him? How does that happen? I'm up for it, I just don't see the scenario. I don't think he respects MCD and that's the real problem here. not saying it's founded, i just think that's how he feels

Garcia Bronco

Uh, huh.

Seriously. I guess SJ doesn't realize Marshall likes to beat on his female consorts. Watley was one...I didn't believe her, but now his next woman got a beating from him.....I guess he's just a complicated man...that can only be understood by his woman....SMACK....damn right.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
ok, so there is something. Do you think we can keep him? How does that happen? I'm up for it, I just don't see the scenario. I don't think he respects MCD and that's the real problem here. not saying it's founded, i just think that's how he feels

He'll get paid top 5 money at the least...or we get two firsts....or actually get something better than a 4th and remove the franchise tag.....provided there isn't a strike. f there is no new CBA...then it gets even more complicated. Right now we don't have to do anything and can sit on him. The team is doing exactly what I would do.

telluride
08-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Just in time for the nationally televised Sunday night game. This offseason is like 5 years of bad news.

If you're worried about what the national media say about the team, you're worrying about the wrong things.

And you're dead wrong about "5 years of bad news." This offseason has been nothing but good moves, to rectify the past five years of bad news, bad coaching, and bad GMing.

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM

I love your flip flop logic. Let me see if I understand you:

A coach is tasked to get the most out of his team. However, if that same coach has to gain full control of that team by diciplining a player, he has then "lost control." Also, you are assuming that by diciplining one player who's a distraction, the coach has lost control.

However, if McD caves in to BMarsh's antics then he has basically let a player dictate how the team functions putting all the other players at risk by then, in reality, losing control of the team. In other words, letting the players control the team, not the coach.

So in essence, your saying McD is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't...

Yah, that make sense...:thumbs:

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Right. Because you wouldn't let your sister date OJ based on his armed robbery of memorabilia collectors. That's why he's in prison, dumb ****.

I wouldn't let my sister date OJ because he killed his ex-wife. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have pieced that one together themselves.

Nice name calling

So, you want me to judge people then? I may THINK he killed someone, but I wasn't there, and i trust my legal system. WHY? Because I have too, otherwise, why have it? He was acquitted. What do you want from me? Marshall BTW, isn't OJ. In fact, by all accounts, he has been exonerated by many sources. I don't think he beat anyone. I think his Ex is an insane stalker. By your logic, anyone we believe is guilty, despite what the court says, we should just punish them anyway. That seems like a low class, low intelligence method of life, and you can count me out as you cast your stones.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
He'll get paid top 5 money at the least...or we get two firsts....or actually get something better than a 4th and remove the franchise tag.....provided there isn't a strike. f there is no new CBA...then it gets even more complicated. Right now we don't have to do anything and can sit on him. The team is doing exactly what I would do.

You'd have to ban him from the locker room during that time. I mean, he could infect a cancer out there with nothing to do and time to do it. I could see it though. I'm more concerned with the product they put on the field though. I mean if there is any chance that we could get someone in here that could help us right now, I'd take the deal.

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Members of the general public aren't subject to the same burden of proof that juries are. They usually aren't as dumb either.

And Anyone that says they haven't judged anyone else at some point in their life is lying.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Seriously. I guess SJ doesn't realize Marshall likes to beat on his female consorts. Watley was one...I didn't believe her, but now his next woman got a beating from him.....I guess he's just a complicated man...that can only be understood by his woman....SMACK....damn right.

His current girlfriend (and many witnesses) said she was never touched, they were only arguing loudly. That's the report I saw. Please back up your remarks with links please. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Members of the general public aren't subject to the same burden of proof that juries are. They usually aren't as dumb either.

And Anyone that says they haven't judged anyone else at some point in their life is lying.

Your saying I'm as big a jerk as you are. I resent that. i don't judge. Not even you. When I do, I check myself for doing it. Besides, you can believe what you want, but you can't use your personal "feeling" as evidence that your correct. You need facts.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
If you're worried about what the national media say about the team, you're worrying about the wrong things.

And you're dead wrong about "5 years of bad news." This offseason has been nothing but good moves, to rectify the past five years of bad news, bad coaching, and bad GMing.

I'll reserve judgment on that for ..oh 5 years....:wiggle:

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
His current girlfriend (and many witnesses) said she was never touched, they were only arguing loudly. That's the report I saw. Please back up your remarks with links please. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

The police reports says they were hitting each other.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I love your flip flop logic. Let me see if I understand you:

A coach is tasked to get the most out of his team. However, if that same coach has to gain full control of that team by diciplining a player, he has then "lost control." Also, you are assuming that by diciplining one player who's a distraction, the coach has lost control.

However, if McD caves in to BMarsh's antics then he has basically let a player dictate how the team functions putting all the other players at risk by then, in reality, losing control of the team. In other words, letting the players control the team, not the coach.

So in essence, your saying McD is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't...

Yah, that make sense...:thumbs:

Personaly, I just am sick of all of it. I want them to just play football. Thank goodness Raider coach went raider fan on his assistant, other wise we'd be the most dysfunctional team right now, and that just bugs me. I wish we could just get down to the business of playing football, if that means we gotta give Marshall what he wants, then I'm almost willing to take a negative hit for something positive in the long run.

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
The police reports says they were hitting each other.

The testimony says differently, and the police dropped the charges, so they must have felt the same. I think the point is, we don't know, and I won't pretend to.

bclimb1983
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
The testimony says differently, and the police dropped the charges, so they must have felt the same. I think the point is, we don't know, and I won't pretend to.

What did BM's 5 fingers say to her face?

:yayaya:

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
What did BM's 5 fingers say to her face?

:yayaya:

:clown:

SJ Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
:clown:

I mean that in the best way...^5

dbfan21
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I think McD did a good job of answering questions and explaining the situation to the media without going too deep into confidential information.

Good job, Josh!!

elsid13
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM

The team in nation capital would be more then willing to take him and give Denver good value in return.

As bad as some make this out to be, on the scale of disgruntle employees it not even a 1.

Cool Breeze
08-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I for one am very happy with McDaniels decision. I think Brandon became a distraction with his behavior and there were consequences. I don't see us losing anymore games because he is gone, and now we can watch the Denver Broncos football TEAM.

I can't wait to see McDaniels 3 year plan unfold. I'm really excited for the future and all that want to be a part of it.

jhat01
08-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Is this thread about McD's press conference or ****ing OJ? Anybody that saw it want to recap?

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Personaly, I just am sick of all of it. I want them to just play football. Thank goodness Raider coach went raider fan on his assistant, other wise we'd be the most dysfunctional team right now, and that just bugs me. I wish we could just get down to the business of playing football, if that means we gotta give Marshall what he wants, then I'm almost willing to take a negative hit for something positive in the long run.

I'm sick of it too. But we are 2 games into the preseason and in reality (space time continum here....) that ain't a whole lot of time.

Teams like the Bengals have had to deal with spoiled WRs crap for a lot longer and then the Cards also had to deal with Boldin's antics.

In the end, the Broncos don't really have a choice, they have to play hard ball with BMarsh. If they don't, then yes, they are setting a terrible precedent for the future. The Broncos are already facing scrutiny for the Cutler fiasco and caving into BMarsh now could cause serious long term problems for the team and future disgruntled players.

Broncos4tw
08-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone think McD is a bit over his head?

Was Cutler a whiny baby? Sure. Is Bmarsh acting like an idiot? You bet.

Could be possibly be handling this any better? Perhaps. All teams have these "problem" players. Sadly it's usually the ones with some talent (i.e. ego). I still maintain that if McD *really* wanted to keep Cutler on the team, he could have. All we see is BMarsh pouting. Why? Other than he is a general fool? Did something set it off? Is the front office and McD bumbling their relations with the guy? We'll never be told if that's the case.

But McD still is nervous in front of press, and there is no WAY he has built up the experience of many older coaches (even the crappier ones), in dealing with situations like this. Even with their attitutudes, neither BMarsh nor Cutler were in the same category as say, a TO (although BMarsh is maybe trying to compete..). Cutler definitely not. I am still amazed at the venom and hate directed at him. Last year and prior, the worst he did was the rookie mistake of not just shutting his mouth, and pointing fingers at other players. How often did he did that? I think twice, total. Other than that, he worked hard, did and said the right things. Then this year, the front office has issues with him, and suddenly he is a douche?

Put your hopes in McD if you want, just admit he has some failings, most notably, his lack of experience, including dealing with stuff like this.

Lev Vyvanse
08-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Why would Josh go out of his way to say “I have not seen one example of Brandon being a distraction to what this team is doing on the field or in meetings”. If this is true how can he suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team?

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Why would Josh go out of his way to say “I have not seen one example of Brandon being a distraction to what this team is doing on the field or in meetings”. If this is true how can he suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team?

he would say Brandon trying to distract them, but the team to focused to let it bother them.

The conduct detrimental to team can be documented but IMO would not have to include that rest of team was distracted. What makes you think "distraction" a key element of conduct detrimental to a team?

All Josh is trying to say is the team will function and not be distracted, even though Marshall is acting in a way detrimental to the team.

mcgetaclue

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone think McD is a bit over his head?

Was Cutler a whiny baby? Sure. Is Bmarsh acting like an idiot? You bet.

Could be possibly be handling this any better? Perhaps. All teams have these "problem" players. Sadly it's usually the ones with some talent (i.e. ego). I still maintain that if McD *really* wanted to keep Cutler on the team, he could have. All we see is BMarsh pouting. Why? Other than he is a general fool? Did something set it off? Is the front office and McD bumbling their relations with the guy? We'll never be told if that's the case.

But McD still is nervous in front of press, and there is no WAY he has built up the experience of many older coaches (even the crappier ones), in dealing with situations like this. Even with their attitutudes, neither BMarsh nor Cutler were in the same category as say, a TO (although BMarsh is maybe trying to compete..). Cutler definitely not. I am still amazed at the venom and hate directed at him. Last year and prior, the worst he did was the rookie mistake of not just shutting his mouth, and pointing fingers at other players. How often did he did that? I think twice, total. Other than that, he worked hard, did and said the right things. Then this year, the front office has issues with him, and suddenly he is a douche?

Put your hopes in McD if you want, just admit he has some failings, most notably, his lack of experience, including dealing with stuff like this.

He is in a bit over his head. As far as x's and o's though once we play football I know he won't be. This kid knows how to put the screws to a defense. Last couple of yrs watching how NE called there plays I was very impressed.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 01:46 PM
mcgetaclue

:thumbsup:

Lev Vyvanse
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
he would say Brandon trying to distract them, but the team to focused to let it bother them.

The conduct detrimental to team can be documented but IMO would not have to include that rest of team was distracted. What makes you think "distraction" a key element of conduct detrimental to a team?

All Josh is trying to say is the team will function and not be distracted, even though Marshall is acting in a way detrimental to the team.

mcgetaclue

Just that if your not effecting the rest of the team it's hard to be detrimental to a team. I'm not defending Brandon, I just hope Josh doesn't say something like that when he hands down the real suspension because that would give Brandon something to appeal.

Ya ****ing douchebag.

Beantown Bronco
08-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Just that if your not effecting the rest of the team it's hard to be detrimental to a team.

TO was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team" even though all he did was get in an argument with Andy Reid and refuse to go to a mandatory autograph session after practice. In reality, none of that really affected any of the other players.

Houshyamama
08-28-2009, 02:07 PM

Not taking crap from disgruntled players is part of the business of football. We can't let him whine his way out of town because it sets a precident e.g., Jay Cutler. Let him rot on the bench if he doesn't want to fulfill his contract requirements. He signed the damn contract. We took him in the fourth round, took a chance on him, put up with all his crap and this is how he repays the organization?

Let him rot or change his attitude. We can't let his actions injure this franchise anymore than they already have. Trading him is the easy way out, but it's not the best route.