PDA

View Full Version : marshall suspended

Pages : 1 [2]

Mr.Meanie
08-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Figured this would already be at ten pages.

Just when you thought no one could outduel Jay Cutler for most hated guy in Broncos Country!!

So maners, what have we ACCOMPLISHED with this suspension?
Personally, I think we did a couple things.
We gave a guy who didn't wanna work a vacation, and since it's preseason it's basically a PAID vacation.
Second, we made SURE he won't be ready for the regular season regardless of what happens.

I'm not seeing this move as anything but negative.

I've been listening to the radio (just for the last hour or so) and so far NO ONE has suggested what I think would've been the obvious solution.

Bottom line is the best thing for the team is Marshall on the field and performing.
With that in mind, I woulda told him his stunts weren't going to be rewarded, and he wasn't going to be traded OR given a vacation.
I would've told him to learn the playbook quick because he's starting Sunday.
McD has said more than once that preseason isn't about winning.
SOOOOO, put the baby out there and see if he wants to make an ass of himself during a GAME.
Show him up!

Let everyone see him slack off. Let everyone see that he's not ready for game action. Let him hang himself.

OR, let him take a crash course in the offense and start playing like we know he can.

What you can't do (IMHO) is exactly what we just did.
I don't want .25 on the dollar for this clown in the form of some late round pick. I'd rather see him suspended for the season. You want out big guy?
Fine, then sit this season out and make nothing. Maybe THEN the man would actually start playing, 'cause God knows all this vacation....I mean "suspension".... does is empower him. Just my .02.

Jake

I think the reason no one has suggested this is because it would take a game that is supposed to be about evaluating 80 guys, helping timing, and getting the offense ready for Week 1, and you make the entire game about 1 guy who acted like a child in front of his teammates. No one would respect the head coach of he GAVE the starting position to someone like that over a guy who was killing himself to try and earn a starting role.

To me, that's like taking a kid who is throwing a tantrum and giving him keys to his own brand new porsche, so he could prove he was worthy of driving it. You have to EARN a starting role, and you do it with work ethic, talent, knowledge of the offense, and being a team player.

orange 4 life
08-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I think the reason no one has suggested this is because it would take a game that is supposed to be about evaluating 80 guys, helping timing, and getting the offense ready for Week 1, and you make the entire game about 1 guy who acted like a child in front of his teammates. No one would respect the head coach of he GAVE the starting position to someone like that over a guy who was killing himself to try and earn a starting role.

To me, that's like taking a kid who is throwing a tantrum and giving him keys to his own brand new porsche, so he could prove he was worthy of driving it. You have to EARN a starting role, and you do it with work ethic, talent, knowledge of the offense, and being a team player.

I think that's a COMPLETELY fair and valid argument, though a compromise could be found.

Maybe don't start him (you're right, that is an honor that should go to the men that have EARNED it), and maybe don't play him much, but throw him into the fire for a few plays.
Again, he'd either take a crash course in the offense and make an effort (which is what we really need right now) or HE'D look like an unprofessional turd and weaken his position. Either way I think it would've worked better for the team than giving him a vacation.

Mogulseeker
08-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Asked if the Broncos are looking to trade Marshall, McDaniels said he hoped to resolve the rift with the receiver, but "we're always going to do what's in the best interests of this team, this organization."

I recall McD saying something to this effect, almost verbatim last March-April...

Asked if the Broncos are looking to trade Cutler, McDaniels said he hoped to resolve the rift with the quarterback, but "we're always going to do what's in the best interests of this team, this organization."

rastaman
08-28-2009, 06:03 PM
It's a message to Brandon. We can suspend you idiot....and you lose your pay. Shot across the bow....because they really don't get paid for pre-season, it won't hurt him financially ...yet.

Straighten up and fly right or we will hit you where it hurts...your pocketbook.

So will the Broncos still hit him in the pocket book if he performs like a 4th round pick!! Just something to ponder. Couldn't really blame Marshall for not performing like he did in 07 and 08 b/c he has yet to compensated.

Do you see my point. Even should Bmarsh return as a Bronco in 2010 and as an RFA he's tendered the maximum of 2.7 million, what motivation does he have to play well past a 4th round pick salary? Brandon is still getting paid 4th rnd pick money in 09 and 010.

Fourth round picks routinely mis-blocks, don't quite run crisp routes, and sometimes they drop for sure catches and get get alligator arms when going across the middle. Thats your basic inconsistent plaly from a 4th rounder.

So what point does it make for Marshall to play like "Gang Busters" in 09 or 010 when Denver still won't trade him, unless they get a 1st and 3rd should they trade him.

So really Brandon is being held prisoner in Denver under the guise "Give us your absolute best" and we might pay you. And even should Brandon play his absolute best and he no longer wants to be a Bronco even if the money is "RIGHT"!, how does Brandon leave Denver if interested teams aren't willing to agree with Denver's trade demands?

TotallyScrewed
08-28-2009, 06:08 PM
If he's truly sorry for his behavior, which I doubt, then he'll come back from this suspension with a different view of the situation. If he's still being a cock, then hopefully someone will tell him he's ruining his young career and, either way, he needs to shape up.

Awww come on peeps...Ruining his career???

This is what makes or breaks a career..

Marshall caught 206 passes the previous two seasons for the Broncos.

The entire sporting world is LAUGHING at the Broncos.

Atwater His Ass
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM

This has been happening ever since McD was hired.

Archer81
08-28-2009, 08:29 PM

He caught 206 passes in Shanahan's system and had a QB that targeted him 80% of the time. Heaven forbid BM is not the focus of the passing game under McDaniels.

:Broncos:

Popcorn Sutton
08-28-2009, 08:55 PM
So will the Broncos still hit him in the pocket book if he performs like a 4th round pick!! Just something to ponder. Couldn't really blame Marshall for not performing like he did in 07 and 08 b/c he has yet to compensated.

Do you see my point. Even should Bmarsh return as a Bronco in 2010 and as an RFA he's tendered the maximum of 2.7 million, what motivation does he have to play well past a 4th round pick salary? Brandon is still getting paid 4th rnd pick money in 09 and 010.

Fourth round picks routinely mis-blocks, don't quite run crisp routes, and sometimes they drop for sure catches and get get alligator arms when going across the middle. Thats your basic inconsistent plaly from a 4th rounder.

So what point does it make for Marshall to play like "Gang Busters" in 09 or 010 when Denver still won't trade him, unless they get a 1st and 3rd should they trade him.

So really Brandon is being held prisoner in Denver under the guise "Give us your absolute best" and we might pay you. And even should Brandon play his absolute best and he no longer wants to be a Bronco even if the money is "RIGHT"!, how does Brandon leave Denver if interested teams aren't willing to agree with Denver's trade demands?

You are in love with the player on the field and we get that. So am I. There this little problem though. Brandon can't keep his hands off a women and his wrists out of hand cuffs. If Brandon was a model citizen over the last 3 years, things would be quite different for him right now.

He has nobody to blame but himself. Think about it. If Brandon wasn't such a jack ass in college he would have been drafted much higher and already made a TON of jack. The Broncos took the risk and he hasn't proven to anybody that he's learned his lesson.

But, of course, I'm sure you are probably another one who thinks Brandon has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time (over and over again). It's never his fault right.

Bronco LB52
08-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I know Hogan well (we've tailgated many a time) and he is NOT a racist.
Not by a long shot.
I can't speak for everyone, but I can and WILL speak on HIS behalf.
He doesn't give a flying **** whether a guy is black, white, or green.
That term is simply used to describe ANYONE of ANY background acting like a cocky punk.

You owe him an apology.

I owe nobody an apology.

"Flava clown" is used as a substitute for another word.

Do a search for the term and look at the guys who are labeled as such.

Brandon Marshall
Terrell Owens
Shannon Sharpe
Cory Boyd
Pacman Jones
Desean Jackson
Chad Ocho Cinco
Shawne Merriman
Javon Walker
Simeon Rice
Larry Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
DeAngelo Hall
Clinton Portis
Willis McGahee
Steve Foley
Ashley Lelie
LenDale White
Onterrio Smith
Maurice Clarett
Jamal Lewis

I never said Hogan or anybody else was a racist. They can do and say whatever they please. It doesn't bother me that they use it.

azbroncfan
08-28-2009, 10:20 PM
More egg on the face of the great mcdouchebag. Wow, r we the raiders now?

How is making the team more important over an overrated WR position primadonna egg on the face?

rastaman
08-28-2009, 10:22 PM
You are in love with the player on the field and we get that. So am I. There this little problem though. Brandon can't keep his hands off a women and his wrists out of hand cuffs. If Brandon was a model citizen over the last 3 years, things would be quite different for him right now.

He has nobody to blame but himself. Think about it. If Brandon wasn't such a jack ass in college he would have been drafted much higher and already made a TON of jack. The Broncos took the risk and he hasn't proven to anybody that he's learned his lesson.

But, of course, I'm sure you are probably another one who thinks Brandon has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time (over and over again). It's never his fault right.

You never answered the question on whether or not you would except Brandon if he performed in 2009 as a 4th rnd draft pick!!! He will be making 4th rnd pick money in 09 so shouldn't he perform accordingly.

The Broncos owe Brandon at least 5 million for his production in 07 and 08. You add his 2.2 million salary for this year, the 7.2 million for 09, would have sufficed for Brandon. Since Brandon was acquitted.....Bowlen in good faith should have awarded Bmarsh with back pay.

But I digress, never stand in the way of 65 year old owner who's letting the entire free world know "Who's in Charge".

azbroncfan
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Even Randy Moss was firing up the J and running over cops before he won a superbowl and became a "team" guy.

Smoking Pot and repeatedly beating women is two seperate issues. Do you really need explaination on what is worse? Can you show me a pic of Moss holding the lombardi?

azbroncfan
08-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Really? Man I wonder how you were raised. Everything I have heard on local sports radio and national espn is bashing the cancer. Marshall has no leverage. He is broke, low cap hit, no trade value since he wants a lot of money and is one strike away from a year suspension. Now he has become a complete sideshow at practice and the Broncos sent him home(like any employer would if they didn't fire his ass). Are you sure?

rastaman
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Really? Man I wonder how you were raised. Everything I have heard on local sports radio and national espn is bashing the cancer. Marshall has no leverage. He is broke, low cap hit, no trade value since he wants a lot of money and is one strike away from a year suspension. Now he has become a complete sideshow at practice and the Broncos sent him home(like any employer would if they didn't fire his ass). Are you sure?

So why hasn't Bowlen paid Marshall for services rendered from 07 & 08??? Brandon is at least owed 5 million bucks alone. So not only is Brandon under paid from 07 & 08......he's going to be under paid in 09 as well. Plus to add insult to injury the Broncos are demanding a 1st and 3rd/4th to trade Brandon. Knowing teams will not agree to such terms. Bowlen is behaving like a PIMP! Plain and simple.

azbroncfan
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
So why hasn't Bowlen paid Marshall for services rendered from 07 & 08??? Brandon is at least owed 5 million bucks alone. So not only is Brandon under paid from 07 & 08......he's going to be under paid in 09 as well. Plus to add insult to injury the Broncos are demanding a 1st and 3rd/4th to trade Brandon. Knowing teams will not agree to such terms. Bowlen is behaving like a PIMP! Plain and simple.

If Marshall wasn't such a POS and detriment to society he would of got paid. He was a 4th round pick for a reason and it wasn't talent. He has lived up to the bill=character issues! You don't try and bargain and demand sh#t when you have no leverage. It's no surprise Marshall is that stupid though just listen to the guy make a statement or two and you realize what an uneducated thug he really is.

Rasta must be one of his thug entourage and is too stupid to see the big picture. Well I know he is at least the second part of my statement.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM
If Marshall wasn't such a POS and detriment to society he would of got paid. He was a 4th round pick for a reason and it wasn't talent. He has lived up to the bill=character issues! You don't try and bargain and demand sh#t when you have no leverage. It's no surprise Marshall is that stupid though just listen to the guy make a statement or two and you realize what an uneducated thug he really is.

Rasta must be one of his thug entourage and is too stupid to see the big picture. Well I know he is at least the second part of my statement.

Okay fair enough! But I don't want to hear your little Biatch Ass bitching and crying b/c Brandon decides to play at the level he's being paid. You jack ass.

Paladin
08-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Would you play for 2 mill +? Jeezus. More than 2 freaking mill?

Rastaman, you are out of your fuggin mind.

Keep on mind, the price has already been coommunicated: a 1st and a 4th. Periood. No one wants to give more than a 4th. Is that a fair price? Bowlen is not gonna approve anything less than what has alrady been communicated: a 1st and a 4th. Same year.....

This fuggin place iis stupid, and I'm out. I agree with Drek.

ZONA
08-29-2009, 03:06 AM
"It was an error in judgment"

You can bet that won't be the last time you hear Marshall say those words. He's destined to be a retard his whole life. What a shame.

I honestly don't think this guy is ever going to get it, much like TO never did. He's got way too much pride and anger and together, those are not great traits to have. He's just too stupid to realize HE'S the problem and not everybody else. I would be willing to bet it was his agent who said he needed to do damage control on TV and apologize, not Brandon himself. Brandon probably was too stupid to realize his mistake and too prideful to think of apologizing all on his own. I mean for real, how many times is he going to NOT think ahead, melt down, and then say "It was an error in judgment"?

Hogan11
08-29-2009, 08:20 AM
I owe nobody an apology.

Brandon Marshall
Terrell Owens
Shannon Sharpe
Cory Boyd
Pacman Jones
Desean Jackson
Chad Ocho Cinco
Shawne Merriman
Javon Walker
Simeon Rice
Larry Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
DeAngelo Hall
Clinton Portis
Willis McGahee
Steve Foley
Ashley Lelie
LenDale White
Onterrio Smith
Maurice Clarett
Jamal Lewis

I never said Hogan or anybody else was a racist. They can do and say whatever they please. It doesn't bother me that they use it.

Obivously it does, since you went through the trouble of trying to make a case for it in the first place. Conveinently enough, you left Jeremy Shockey, Brett Farve, Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Kyle Turley, Jeff George, et al. off the list in a lame attempt to try and prove your implication, but I've come to expect such things from you and your multiple accounts over the years.

orange 4 life
08-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I owe nobody an apology.

Brandon Marshall
Terrell Owens
Shannon Sharpe
Cory Boyd
Pacman Jones
Desean Jackson
Chad Ocho Cinco
Shawne Merriman
Javon Walker
Simeon Rice
Larry Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
DeAngelo Hall
Clinton Portis
Willis McGahee
Steve Foley
Ashley Lelie
LenDale White
Onterrio Smith
Maurice Clarett
Jamal Lewis

Yeah, you DO owe him an apology, and yeah, you DID call him a racist.

Last time I checked, the only people that use the "n" word are racists, so by saying that "flava clown" is a substitute for the n word calling him a racist is EXACTLY what you're doing.

Also, was there a point somewhere in your post?

Most of those players listed are cocky punks, which is all "flava clown" is referring to. Flava clown, Ass hat, ass clown, etc.

Just words to describe the BEHAVIOR, not the skin color.

P.S.- You can add Jay Cutler to that list. :thumbsup:

Hogan11
08-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah, you DO owe him an apology, and yeah, you DID call him a racist.

Last time I checked, the only people that use the "n" word are racists, so by saying that "flava clown" is a substitute for the n word calling him a racist is EXACTLY what you're doing.

Also, was there a point somewhere in your post?

Most of those players listed are cocky punks, which is all "flava clown" is referring to. Flava clown, Ass hat, ass clown, etc.

Just words to describe the BEHAVIOR, not the skin color.

P.S.- You can add Jay Cutler to that list. :thumbsup:

Apology? From LB 59? Are you kidding??

Just let it go Jake, he's not worth the time and almost everyone on the board knows better anyways. Three quarters of my ignore list consist of his multiple accounts, so it just looks as if I have to add another one to the list....no biggie. We roll on........

BroncoBuff
08-30-2009, 04:11 PM
The players get a stipend for preseason games.
Nope ... they have a contract that pays out the salary, in standard agreed upon intervals, as long as you're with the team.

If Player X has a $120,000 annual contract, he gets $10k a month, in increments of maybe $2500 a week, or $5k twice a month, or $10k once a month for as long as he's on the team.