08-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, another Marshall thread.

Options moving forward with Marshall:

A. Pay him
B. Trade him
C. Suspend him for conduct detrimental
D. Suspend him for conduct detrimental and try to ruin his career
E. Pretend none of this ever happened and move on and play him

I think we can all agree "A" is out of the question at this point, and I also feel the same way about "E"

Option "D" was brought up by several people and worth considering, imo. Can Denver do it? Probably. But despite his actions he may have a lot of people on the team that like him, and other people that may think something that harsh puts a black-eye on the organization itself. So this option should be dismissed, imo.

Option "C" is a real possibility at this point... but I don't think it's a good idea. On one hand, you can be certain this will be matched with a grievance by Brandon for mis-diagnosing his hip last season. Also, Brandon doesn't seem the type who will fall in line to disciplinary action, as evidenced today, and would probably become a huge distraction for a team that doesn't need any extra adversity moving forward.

That leaves option "B". We clearly won't get equal value short of hitting on a Tom Brady or Terrell Davis. Some MAY view it as caving in to a player. But this seems like the only reasonable option to move on as soon as possible, imo.

SureShot
08-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Poll?

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 11:58 PM
No chance for a poll. Hoping for serious discussion.

OBF1
08-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Burn him...he is a witch

SureShot
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM
No chance for a poll.

Delete thread start new one. What can I say I'm lazy.

Edit: Ok I'll play along. I actually would like to know what McD would want to do. He seemed really frustrated after practice like he isn't getting his way either.

Elway777
08-28-2009, 12:02 AM

A. Pay him
B. Trade him

I think we can all agree "A" is out of the question at this point, and I also feel the same way about "E"

Option "D" was brought up by several people and worth considering, imo. Can Denver do it? Probably. But despite his actions he may have a lot of people on the team that like him, and other people that may think something that harsh puts a black-eye on the organization itself. So this option should be dismissed, imo.

Option "C" is a real possibility at this point... but I don't think it's a good idea. On one hand, you can be certain this will be matched with a grievance by Brandon for mis-diagnosing his hip last season. Also, Brandon doesn't seem the type who will fall in line to disciplinary action, as evidenced today, and would probably become a huge distraction for a team that doesn't need any extra adversity moving forward.

That leaves option "B". We clearly won't get equal value short of hitting on a Tom Brady or Terrell Davis. Some MAY view it as caving in to a player. But this seems like the only reasonable option to move on as soon as possible, imo. Marshall trade value really droped down after that video. Maybe the jets would give the Broncos a 2 and 4 rounder but I doubt it.

SureShot
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Marshall trade value really droped down after that video. Maybe the jets would give the Broncos a 2 and 4 rounder but I doubt it.

This cant be the first time a player has been frustrated at practice and kicked a ball. Hell Steve Smith caved some dudes face in at practice and everyone here would do backflips if we traded BM for Steve Smith straight up.

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
No chance for a poll. Hoping for serious discussion.

So, no "poops" or "I hate Hotrod" options?

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
There really is no good answer, here... but I think at bare minimum, the team has to make a statement now that the video got out. That's unacceptable and I don't care what anyone thinks of McDaniels, this goes way beyond that. No coach at any level should put up with that. He deserves a minimum game suspension after this week, and it should be without pay.

This is a war the coaching staff cannot afford to lose. It's an opportunity to once again assert the way business is going to be conducted in Denver. I see a team full of other professionals behaving accordingly. If Brandon can't, then he needs to be treated like the discipline problem that he is.

Elway777
08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
This cant be the first time a player has been frustrated at practice and kicked a ball. Hell Steve Smith caved some dudes face in at practice and everyone here would do backflips if we traded BM for Steve Smith straight up. Getting into a fight is not the same think as completly doggie it in practice and detroying the teams unite

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
There really is no good answer, here... but I think at bare minimum, the team has to make a statement now that the video got out. That's unacceptable and I don't care what anyone thinks of McDaniels, this goes way beyond that. No coach at any level should put up with that. He deserves a minimum game suspension after this week, and it should be without pay.

This is a war the coaching staff cannot afford to lose. It's an opportunity to once again assert the way business is going to be conducted in Denver. I see a team full of other professionals behaving accordingly. If Brandon can't, then he needs to be treated like the discipline problem that he is.

I think Josh is ready to do that. Can he? I think we'll learn a lot about Bowlen this week.

Imo, no disciplinary action MEANS that Brandon is telling the truth about Bowlen promising the trade, and Bowlen pressuring Josh to keep him on the field without repercussions.

Of course, that's if he's not traded.

Pick Six
08-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Sit him down. No big numbers production means no fat contract next year...

SureShot
08-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Getting into a fight is not the same think as completly doggie it in practice and detroying the teams unite

Its not much of a fight when the other guy pummels you while you are taking a knee watching practice on the sidelines.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Option C is more business like and ruining his career will be on his own self. He is damaging his own career. With no new contract to come and possible changes to NFL salaries, he might be screwed for awhile. Option D is what Al Davis did and was way off line of this P.O.S.

Ratboy
08-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I still hope for A, but it won't happen. I don't think he'll be too big of a problem once the season rolls around, unless McDaniels continues to toy with him and won't start him. I think we need to trade him for conditional picks/players.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Option C is more business like and ruining his career will be on his own self. He is damaging his own career. With no new contract to come and possible changes to NFL salaries, he might be screwed for awhile. Option D is what Al Davis did and was way off line of this P.O.S.

I completely agree it's more business like in nature.

However, this situation really seems primed to explode. Would you rather play with matches around the powder keg, or just ****ing get rid of it?

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I think Josh is ready to do that. Can he? I think we'll learn a lot about Bowlen this week.

Imo, no disciplinary action MEANS that Brandon is telling the truth about Bowlen promising the trade, and Bowlen pressuring Josh to keep him on the field without repercussions.

Of course, that's if he's not traded.

Here's the thing... Brandon gets off yet another legal hook. He goes to a day or so of practice, and then storms into Bowlen's office demanding things.

I have a hard time believing that Bowlen put his hand on a bible and swore he'd grant Marshall's every wish at that point. But, let's say he did say he'd attempt to accommodate Marshall. Why would Brandon then need to leave camp?

If Brandon got what he wanted at the meeting, why make yourself a hold-out and appear to be even more of a problem case?

Sounds more to me like Brandon didn't get the raise he wanted, demanded to be traded and Bowlen blew him of... saying whatever he needed to say to get the punk out of his office.

I highly, highly doubt Bowlen is sending down any kind of marching orders on this situation. At this point, he's got to go with what the staff thinks is best. I DO believe that Bowlen told Cutler the well was dry, just like I believe he told Cutler the same thing. That obviously didn't sit well.

baja
08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Trade him but make it a performance trade. He will likely do well on another team so plan on that and make it a 1st if he is available to play in 16 games and gets over 1000 yards.

LongDongJohnson
08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
E

RMT
08-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Burn him...he is a witch

certainly worthy of discussion ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yp_l5ntikaU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yp_l5ntikaU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Here's the thing... Brandon gets off yet another legal hook. He goes to a day or so of practice, and then storms into Bowlen's office demanding things.

I have a hard time believing that Bowlen put his hand on a bible and swore he'd grant Marshall's every wish at that point. But, let's say he did say he'd attempt to accommodate Marshall. Why would Brandon then need to leave camp?

If Brandon got what he wanted at the meeting, why make yourself a hold-out and appear to be even more of a problem case?

Sounds more to me like Brandon didn't get the raise he wanted, demanded to be traded and Bowlen blew him of... saying whatever he needed to say to get the punk out of his office.

I highly, highly doubt Bowlen is sending down any kind of marching orders on this situation. At this point, he's got to go with what the staff thinks is best. I DO believe that Bowlen told Cutler the well was dry, just like I believe he told Cutler the same thing. That obviously didn't sit well.

Because immediately after McDaniels stated otherwise, if you remember.

IF this scenario is true, and we both agree that "who knows", Bowlen could've had his mind changed when he met with Josh to discuss it after his meeting with Brandon. THAT is why I think we'll see some telling ACTIONS this week.

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Because immediately after McDaniels stated otherwise, if you remember.

IF this scenario is true, and we both agree that "who knows", Bowlen could've had his mind changed when he met with Josh to discuss it after his meeting with Brandon. THAT is why I think we'll see some telling ACTIONS this week.

It's a muddled situation.

To me, there are a few certainties...

1. He won't get paid in Denver.

2. His trade value has to be crap, this point. We got Javon Walker for a 2nd rounder and he wasn't nearly this disgruntled as far as playing games at practice, etc. I can't imagine we could even get a 2nd, at this point.

3. Brandon has and will be a distraction for the rest of the time he's in Denver.

Bad set of circumstances.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:40 AM
It's a muddled situation.

To me, there are a few certainties...

1. He won't get paid in Denver.

2. His trade value has to be crap, this point. We got Javon Walker for a 2nd rounder and he wasn't nearly this disgruntled as far as playing games at practice, etc. I can't imagine we could even get a 2nd, at this point.

3. Brandon has and will be a distraction for the rest of the time he's in Denver.

Bad set of circumstances.

This team has enough issues right now. Trading, for whatever, is the ONLY moving forward choice to make, imo.

Imo, worst AND most entertaining off-season... EVER

CSU Husker
08-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Tell him he has two choices, be a man and play under his current contract. Or act like a baby, get suspended, get fined, and lose even more $ down the road. The choice is up to him, nobody can force him to play.

lex
08-28-2009, 12:42 AM

A. Pay him
B. Trade him

That leaves option "B". We clearly won't get equal value short of hitting on a Tom Brady or Terrell Davis. Some MAY view it as caving in to a player. But this seems like the only reasonable option to move on as soon as possible, imo.

Option C is laughable. "Detrimental to the team"...LOL. Have you not paid attention to what has gone down this offseason? Is Pat also going to suspend himself, Joe Ellis, and Josh McDaniels?

Why does no one ever give credit to Cincinnati? They had a similar situation with Chad Johnson last year and they said, "either play or dont because youre not getting traded."

The worst place to be is to feel like you have to do something. You cant just trade him to get rid of him. Like it or not but the Broncos need him at least as much as he needs the Broncos...probably more. The guy is too talented to ship of just to get rid of him without a kings ransom. They need to continue what theyve been doing, which is to manage the situation week-to-week as uncomfortable or as unharmonious as it might be.

Elway777
08-28-2009, 12:46 AM
WIlliams from Dallas just broke his collar bone. Dallas is a superbowl contender so they might trade a 2 and 5 rounder for him. It would be cool to try and ruin his career but the Broncos could use the draft picks . Marshall is even better then Roy williams ,so they might overlook Williams antics and trade a second rounder for him.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Option C is laughable. "Detrimental to the team"...LOL. Have you not paid attention to what has gone down this offseason? Is Pat also going to suspend himself, Joe Ellis, and Josh McDaniels?

I lol'd HARD

Why does no one ever give credit to Cincinnati? They had a similar situation with Chad Johnson last year and they said, "either play or dont because youre not getting traded."

The worst place to be is to feel like you have to do something. You cant just trade him to get rid of him. Like it or not but the Broncos need him at least as much as he needs the Broncos...probably more. The guy is too talented to ship of just to get rid of him without a kings ransom. They need to continue what theyve been doing, which is to manage the situation week-to-week as uncomfortable or as unharmonious as it might be.

I completely agree with that statement. However, Denver's already shown an unwillingness to give him what he wants as far as $'s concerned, and he's shown an unwillingness to accept that. Co-existing doesn't seem realistic anymore.

TheReverend
08-28-2009, 12:55 AM
WIlliams from Dallas just broke his collar bone. Dallas is a superbowl contender so they might trade a 2 and 5 rounder for him. It would be cool to try and ruin his career but the Broncos could use the draft picks . Marshall is even better then Roy williams ,so they might overlook Williams antics and trade a second rounder for him.

Where did you hear that?!

I'm reading shoulder sprain.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/082809dnsporoybreakout.121fbcc69.html

lex
08-28-2009, 01:02 AM
I lol'd HARD

I completely agree with that statement. However, Denver's already shown an unwillingness to give him what he wants as far as $'s concerned, and he's shown an unwillingness to accept that. Co-existing doesn't seem realistic anymore.

No, they can co-exist. What McDaniels needs to do is scrap the mind games and not try to be clever or a Belichick clone and do stuff like calling him "the player". He simply needs to be upfront with Marshall and let him know whats expected and what will happen in either scenario in a very clear way and to give feedback. Be truthful and forthright and not play games but perhaps more importantly, not devote more energy than is necessary because it should really be Marshall thats dictating what happens.

Popps
08-28-2009, 01:19 AM
No, they can co-exist. What McDaniels needs to do is scrap the mind games and not try to be clever .

Wrong.

He is clever, which is why he's where he is at such a young age.

Furthermore, the notion of McDaniels somehow needing to coddle this psychopath is absolute lunacy.

He's handling it perfectly. He's not letting the situation define his team, and he's treating Brandy like he'd treat any other player.

lex
08-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Wrong.

Furthermore, the notion of McDaniels somehow needing to coddle this psychopath is absolute lunacy.

He's handling it perfectly. He's not letting the situation define his team, and he's treating Brandy like he'd treat any other player.

Where did I say he needs to coddle him, you dink?

BTW, it remains to be seen how he is at managing personalities.

baja
08-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Wrong.

While we all sit in the dark and "female dog" about our individual speculations the real team players are watching first hand and gaining huge respect for Josh, bank on that.

Popps
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Where did I say he needs to coddle him, you dink?

Marshall is an absolute lunatic, and your solution is for our coach to alter his coaching style to accommodate him.

That's coddling.

It's also idiotic. (Which will probably shock a lot of people, here. )

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 01:28 AM

that is laughable. let's see here. Bowlen is a bad guy for changing the direction of a team that Mike was leading nowhere while the NFL passed him up.
Joe Ellis has done very little to be considered doing anything bad to the team. he is helping to fix the crap Mike left in his wake.

and McDaniels, how is he a bad guy in this? he is simply rebuilding and trying to fix the mess left by his predecesor, it isn't his fault Jay couldn't handle that he answered the ****ing phone and it isn't his fault that Marshall is a prima donna pussy that can't get his head on straight.

Popps
08-28-2009, 01:28 AM
While we sit sit in the dark and b**** about our individual speculations the real team players are watching first hand and gaining huge respect for Josh, bank on that.

The guy isn't going to be pushed around. Great coaches aren't. Shanahan wasn't. Walsh wasn't. Parcells wasn't, and on and on.

baja
08-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Marshall is an absolute lunatic, and your solution is for our coach to alter his coaching style to accommodate him.

That's coddling.

This is what the "winning at all costs" belief structure has done to many fans.

lex
08-28-2009, 01:32 AM

That's coddling.

Essentially what I said is:

A) Let him know whats expected and what the consequences are in a clear way without playing mind games.

and

B) Not devote extra energy to it because, once you do part A, its up to Marshall.

Why was that beyond your comprehension the first time, poser?

Popps
08-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Essentially what I said is:

A) Let him know whats expected and what the consequences are in a clear way without playing mind games.

and

B) Not devote extra energy to it because, once you do part A, its up to Marshall.

Why was that beyond your comprehension the first time, poser?

Yea, problem is... that's exactly what "The Coach" is doing.

I don't hear any of the other professionals out there bitching about doing their jobs. Only Brandy.

As for not devoting "extra energy" to it, I'm not sure what gives you the idea that he is. He said when he's ready to play, he'll play. Pretty simple.

The only mind game going on here is your usual attempts to draw attention to yourself with predictable, devil's advocate nonsense.

baja
08-28-2009, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=baja;2527071]While we all sit in the dark and "female dog" about our individual speculations the real team players are watching first hand and gaining huge respect for Josh, bank on that.[QUOTE]

wOW.
your SO wrong.

That's "you're" as in you are. ;D

lex
08-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Yea, problem is... that's exactly what "The Coach" is doing.

I don't hear any of the other professionals out there b****ing about doing their jobs. Only Brandy.

As for not devoting "extra energy" to it, I'm not sure what gives you the idea that he is. He said when he's ready to play, he'll play. Pretty simple.

The only mind game going on here is your usual attempts to draw attention to yourself with predictable, devil's advocate nonsense.

You forfeit the right to say Im trying to draw attention to myself when you made me make the same post twice because youre too dense to understand it the first time. Believe me, I got little out of posting the same thing twice just so you could understand something that wasnt really initially hard to understand. Its nonsensical to say Im wanting attention when your own stupidity is doubling my post count.

Additionally, you dont know how its being handled. Its hard to know unless youre there to pick up on tone and how McDaniels talks to people. Im not saying he's doing it wrong but Im also not saying he's doing it right, as you are. Apparently you like talking out of your ass.

baja
08-28-2009, 02:11 AM
You forfeit the right to say Im trying to draw attention to myself when you made me make the same post twice because youre too dense to understand it the first time. Believe me, I got little out of posting the same thing twice just so you could understand something that wasnt really initially hard to understand. Its nonsensical to say Im wanting attention when your own stupidity is doubling my post count.

Additionally, you dont know how its being handled. Its hard to know unless youre there to pick up on tone and how McDaniels talks to people. Im not saying he's doing it wrong but Im also not saying he's doing it right, as you are. <b> Apparently you like talking out of your ass.

How does one make the "th" sound when talking out of their ass???

lex
08-28-2009, 02:13 AM
that is laughable. let's see here. Bowlen is a bad guy for changing the direction of a team that Mike was leading nowhere while the NFL passed him up.
Joe Ellis has done very little to be considered doing anything bad to the team. he is helping to fix the crap Mike left in his wake.

and McDaniels, how is he a bad guy in this? he is simply rebuilding and trying to fix the mess left by his predecesor, it isn't his fault Jay couldn't handle that he answered the ****ing phone and it isn't his fault that Marshall is a prima donna p***Y that can't get his head on straight.

No. There's no "let's". Youre on your own with this kind of rambling nonsense.

lex
08-28-2009, 02:14 AM
How does one make the "th" sound when talking out of their ass???

Ask your doctor.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 02:15 AM

and you need to ask why people think u r an idiot since you rooted against our team vs the Viks for that guarantee better draft pick (of which we took Clady).

this is where you should have started and ended your post. I dont totally agree but at least it is a nice arguement/opinion.

baja
08-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Ask your doctor.

Would that be the proctologist or the dentist???

lex
08-28-2009, 02:28 AM
and you need to ask why people think u r an idiot since you rooted against our team vs the Viks for that guarantee better draft pick (of which we took Clady).

this is where you should have started and ended your post. I dont totally agree but at least it is a nice arguement/opinion.

Yeah, we won more by losing the Vikings game. That win did nothing for the team. They were out of the playoffs. Also, bear in mind that I wasnt saying the team should tank it. Moreover, Shanahan should have looked to next year and played guys second and third string guys to see who should be replaced, like a couple of TEs or that CB who managed to stick around for a long time. There were greater benefits in not focusing on winning that game including improved draft position and evaluating players. I dont apologize for that.

The thing thats funny is that the most legitimate opposition to the whole point that the greater benefit to be had was in losing, was the argument that said that if you dont focus on winning every time, it opens the door to a culture of losing. OK, well, what happened during crunch time of last year? Its hard to say that the players on the team were really fully committed to winning, especially in the San Diego game. Basically, what winning the last game in 07 was supposed to prevent, didnt do squat because the next year, guys folded.

Its probably not entirely fair to put it that way since Slowik was an epically bad DC and Im sure a lot of the players were frustrated and felt helpless by the end of the season but, still, in the San Diego game you had guys chasing a ball carrier while adjusting their gloves. Yeah, thats a real focus on winning.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Tell us lEx who u wanted in that draft? I know we can look it up but our Clady pick was great and we didnt have to become a defeatus team to do it. Only way you play another player is if that front line guy isnt coming back the next year of the player isnt that good and need to see what the backup can do. Other than that, Mike wasnt going to go out and play half-ass. PERIOD!

lex
08-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Tell us lEx who u wanted in that draft? I know we can look it up but our Clady pick was great and we didnt have to become a defeatus team to do it. Only way you play another player is if that front line guy isnt coming back the next year of the player isnt that good and need to see what the backup can do. Other than that, Mike wasnt going to go out and play half-ass. PERIOD!

Whats the point in saying what Mike did (and we all know what that is), when the discussion hinges on the question of what he should have done?

I said that Tackle and Running back were the positions of greatest value at 12. I wasnt averse to taking a tackle. I saw a greater need in upgrading the running game because I didnt want to make the team all about Jay. A running game is the best way for a young QB to succeed. Additionally we had lost our way with the running game and needed better balance. With that in mind, my preference was Otah, since he was the better run blocker. I also wasnt as familiar with Clady but I liked Otah on the premise that he was the better runblocker and we needed to upgrade the running game. Even though Clady wasnt my first choice, its not like I thought it was a horrible pick. I didnt have a strong feeling for or against it but its turned out to be a great pick as was Otah for Carolina. If they would have selected a RB, I wanted it to be Mendenhall.

But even if you want to look at it and say, we would have taken Clady anyway, the draft spots that we lost were the equivalent of a third round pick. We lost some flexibility to get the same guy while picking up a third by trading down. And dont tell me that they didnt know Clady would have still been there. The Jarvis Moss pick was driven by a strong sense of who New York was going to take and also the Moreno pick was driven by a strong sense of thinking they could have a better shot at both Ayers and Moreno, if they would have selected Moreno at 12. So dont trot out the, "you dont know he would have been there" line. Theres too much evidence to the contrary.

Taco John
08-28-2009, 03:18 AM
This team has enough issues right now. Trading, for whatever, is the ONLY moving forward choice to make, imo.

I disagree. Trading him would be a detriment to the team. I think the way forward is an extended suspension. If I'm Josh, he's in my office tomorrow morning at 8:00am. I tell him that he's getting a four game suspension, and that while he's gone he's expected to learn the playbook. I tell him that he's not going to be traded, and whether he plays or not this season is entirely up to him, but either way, I don't want to see his face around camp, on my television, on Josina's blog, or anywhere unless it's a picture of his nose buried in a playbook. I'd make it clear to him that he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

meangene
08-28-2009, 04:03 AM
I disagree. Trading him would be a detriment to the team. I think the way forward is an extended suspension. If I'm Josh, he's in my office tomorrow morning at 8:00am. I tell him that he's getting a four game suspension, and that while he's gone he's expected to learn the playbook. I tell him that he's not going to be traded, and whether he plays or not this season is entirely up to him, but either way, I don't want to see his face around camp, on my television, on Josina's blog, or anywhere unless it's a picture of his nose buried in a playbook. I'd make it clear to him that he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Bingo! Trading him is equivalent to rewarding his behavior and giving him what he wants. I was all for trading him for fair value before he pulled this insubordination. Not now. And, as talented as Marshall is, we don't need him. Even without him, we have better weapons at receiver than most teams in the NFL. In addition we have solid TE's, RB's and a great OL.

MOCRUSH
08-28-2009, 04:30 AM
Option C gets my vote, four games and toss in a blanket party enhancement where you wrap him in a blanket and everyone on the roster (and coaching staff) gets to pummel him to their heart's content. He should heal up by the end of the four weeks.

HILife
08-28-2009, 04:42 AM
C sounds good.

Drek
08-28-2009, 05:07 AM
I'd trade him in an instant if someone would give us fair value.

To me that is a 2010 first round pick and a middle (2nd to 4th round) pick or a solid starter.

The Jets could give us their 1st and David Harris, I'd be happy with that. I'd even settle for Kris Jenkins' backup at NT, can't recall his name but he's a solid younger player who could step in and help us on the DL. If they'd give both I'd even just take a 2nd rounder instead of the 1st.

Other than a package like that it just isn't worth trading him. You can remove the distraction through disciplinary measures much easier, and without placating a player for being a problem.

I find it amusing that some of the very people espousing the idea of dumping Marshall for whatever we can get are the same ones who are still sore over the trading of Jay Cutler. Its a very similar scenario, where Josh McDaniels obviously intended to make Jay play, but when Jay directed his public bitch-fest towards ownership Bowlen reacted, effectively letting Jay get what he wants. Yet now they blame McDaniels for Cutler not being here, while fully endorsing letting Marshall use the same bull**** to get out of town himself.

I'm personally fine with Jay being gone, the return we got was more than fair as his undeserved pro-bowl appearance let us get a near Herschel Walker level of package for him. But if Marshall isn't returning fair market value for his services it sets an especially bad precedent that needs to be avoided at all costs.

cousinal11
08-28-2009, 05:57 AM

I agree. We need to send a message. Suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, 2-4 games. But, no more mind games when the suspension is up. Treat him like everyone else. Learn the playbook, practice like you play, and we'll get you back on the field. At the end of the year, either pay him or trade him. While 90% of NFL owners will want no part of his antics regardless of how he plays when he returns, there is always Mr. Jones and Mr. Snyder, who in my opinion, will need a #1WR and will be more than willing to give considerable compensation.

The Joker
08-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Taco nailed it.

Suspend his ass, tell him he ain't being traded or given a new contract and that his options are either holdout for the year or else get his **** together and learn the playbook and then give 100% when he returns and keep his mouth shut.

Make it clear that you don't appreciate his little games and that you're perfectly willing to **** with him and make his professional life as unpleasant as possible for as long as you can if that's the way he wants to play it.

Ray Finkle
08-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Look what Bellichek did to Terry Glenn....I see a similar outcome for Marshall.

World of talent, the brain of a potato....

The Dread Pirate Roberts
08-28-2009, 06:25 AM
What they need to do is call his agent. An agent with any brains at all will see Dollar $ign$ flying out his window over Marshall's behavior. BM's next contract isn't going to be nearly as lucrative as it could have been because of this, BUT it isn't too late for Brandon to turn it around. He's still just a kid. He can buckle down, work hard, and grow up. But he needs someone to talk sense into him, and I'm not talking about a goof like Tony Dungy, either.

By the way, nobody's giving a first for this goober.

orinjkrush
08-28-2009, 06:38 AM
a first and a fourth. no less. (try to maximize value)
otherwise a suspension. and another. and another. (if warranted)
until his contract is dead and buried. (try to minimize pain)

For a while I thought Scheffler was going down this road too, but I guess he turned around.

Irish Stout
08-28-2009, 06:40 AM

Honestly, I think Bowlen is sick of BMarsh's attitude like he was sick of Cutlers. I think Bowlen probably told BM - "We will attempt to trade you." By which Bowlen, McD, X, probably all thought - "We'll trade BM if we get the right offer."

The problem comes when BM gets out into the wide world and starts spouting off that he is as good as gone from Denver - now that the world knows BM wants out, sheet, they think they can either get him for free or that there is some reason the Broncos don't want him. The Broncos now cannot get any value in a WR who hasn't practiced since hip surgery, who still has lingering problems with his tv set hand, who still has a pending criminal trial for battery (at that time), who clearly has off field issues. As time wears on and Brandon has trouble practicing for whatever reason, he does nothing to help the Broncos trade him. Who the hell wants this guy and why the hell would the Broncos let him go for peanuts? The only way both sides are ever going to be happy now is if Brandon grows up - or Rod Tidwells up - plays out his existing ****ty contract and raises his value for other teams in the league. The ball is truly in his court - the broncos are just as well off benching BM as they are trading him now... they might be able to pick up David Kircus for BM.

bowtown
08-28-2009, 07:18 AM

This.

Dudeskey
08-28-2009, 07:21 AM
What they need to do is call his agent. An agent with any brains at all will see Dollar $ign$ flying out his window over Marshall's behavior. BM's next contract isn't going to be nearly as lucrative as it could have been because of this, BUT it isn't too late for Brandon to turn it around. He's still just a kid. He can buckle down, work hard, and grow up. But he needs someone to talk sense into him, and I'm not talking about a goof like Tony Dungy, either.

By the way, nobody's giving a first for this goober.

Problem is his agent seems to be as big of a moron as BM. Any agent with half a terd for a brain would have advised his client to go to camp, & bust ass. Not tank it through the offseason...

Dedhed
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM

There is no way you trade him at this point, NO WAY. Unless you absolutely rip someone in a trade, which just won't happen now that Marshall has shown everyone that he's as much the headcase that TO was in his prime.

Sit him on the bench for as long as it takes for him to realize he's destroying his career, and if he never figures that out he can go hang out with Ashley Lelie.

gtown
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Option C seems the only reasonable route. BMarsh just flushed his money down the toilet, as well as any respectable trade offers. Trying to ruin his career might get the Players Association involved, which is something the Broncos do not want.

Just sit him for a few weeks. He doesn't know the playbook anyway. The Broncos need some stasis going into the first few weeks of the season - its crucial that they start well to allay doubts of the new regime.

bowtown
08-28-2009, 07:37 AM
There is no way you trade him at this point, NO WAY. Unless you absolutely rip someone in a trade, which just won't happen now that Marshall has shown everyone that he's as much the headcase that TO was in his prime.
Sit him on the bench for as long as it takes for him to realize he's destroying his career, and if he never figures that out he can go hang out with Ashley Lelie.

He's not even close to that. Marshall does not **** all over his QB to the media, and considering the situation, has actually been pretty reserved and often appologetic when a camera is on him.

He is a total headcase, and you are right that we won't get good value for him... but BMarsh is no TO.

Yet.

Br0nc0Buster
08-28-2009, 07:37 AM

I agree with this
Tell him this is unacceptable and suspend him for it
Then tell him he can have his "fresh start" once the suspension ends and he has proven he wants to contribute to this team

Dedhed
08-28-2009, 07:41 AM
He's not even close to that. Marshall does not **** all over his QB to the media, and considering the situation, has actually been pretty reserved and often appologetic when a camera is on him.

He is a total headcase, and you are right that we won't get good value for him... but BMarsh is no TO.

Yet.
You're right, TO has never been arrested. Marshall is much worse.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I think you have to start with C... problem is, I don't know if it works.

By no means am I pointing ANY blame on the coaching staff for this jackass, but I was worried what would happen when he was being held out of practice for scout team work and not allowed to travel to Seattle. Though that type of dicipline would probably work on 90% of athletes... treating this douche that way was like flicking matches at a powder keg.

Hopefully taking money from this numbnuts is something he can understand...

baja
08-28-2009, 08:09 AM

It's interesting to see the marriage councilors that advocated hand holding and reaching out during the Cutler crisis are now advocating playing hard ball with Marshall during his marriage crisis, could it be that Cutler was a better lay (harder to give up) because it seems to me they both wanted out of the relationship equally as badly.

mr007
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
In my mind, there is only one way forward here.

Trading him is completely out of the question. We will not get value for him, period.

He needs to be in McD's office this morning and they need to discuss things, hopefully civilly. If Brandon doesn't comply, you suspend him. As much as I hate to say it, if Brandon promises to shape up, you go with option E and let him play.

Honestly, I think he needs to be suspended a game or 2, but if he shapes up IMMEDIATELY, I can handle E.

No way in hell do we trade him unless we get a 1st + 3rd or something similar. I would rather have him sit than give him up for scraps and watch him dominate elsewhere.

baja
08-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I'd trade him in an instant if someone would give us fair value.

To me that is a 2010 first round pick and a middle (2nd to 4th round) pick or a solid starter.

The Jets could give us their 1st and David Harris, I'd be happy with that. I'd even settle for Kris Jenkins' backup at NT, can't recall his name but he's a solid younger player who could step in and help us on the DL. If they'd give both I'd even just take a 2nd rounder instead of the 1st.

Other than a package like that it just isn't worth trading him. You can remove the distraction through disciplinary measures much easier, and without placating a player for being a problem.

I find it amusing that some of the very people espousing the idea of dumping Marshall for whatever we can get are the same ones who are still sore over the trading of Jay Cutler. Its a very similar scenario, where Josh McDaniels obviously intended to make Jay play, but when Jay directed his public b****-fest towards ownership Bowlen reacted, effectively letting Jay get what he wants. Yet now they blame McDaniels for Cutler not being here, while fully endorsing letting Marshall use the same bull**** to get out of town himself.

I'm personally fine with Jay being gone, the return we got was more than fair as his undeserved pro-bowl appearance let us get a near Herschel Walker level of package for him. But if Marshall isn't returning fair market value for his services it sets an especially bad precedent that needs to be avoided at all costs.

That would be nice Derk but I think you're dreaming. Right now we'd be lucky to get a second round pick for Marshall.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 08:15 AM
It's interesting to see the marriage councilors that advocated hand holding and reaching out during the Cutler crisis are now advocating playing hard ball with Marshall during his marriage crisis, could it be that Cutler was a better lay (harder to give up) because it seems to me they both wanted out of the relationship equally as badly.

What?

Are you honestly telling me you can't see the differences between Brandon Marshall and Jay cutler?

One has a rap sheet a mile long and now proved to all of us that he will take his off field bagage into dove valley if he doesn't get his way.

The other one didn't return a couple of calls over a few days back in March...

Come on, you're better than that.

baja
08-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Problem is his agent seems to be as big of a moron as BM. Any agent with half a terd for a brain would have advised his client to go to camp, & bust ass. Not tank it through the offseason...

What makes you think his agent didn't do just that?

Mediator12
08-28-2009, 08:25 AM

A. Pay him-Translation Give in to poor behavior and PAY to do it Option.
B. Trade him-Give in to poor behavior and get something out of it Option.
C. Suspend him for conduct detrimental-Disciplinary action for acting poorly.
D. Suspend him for conduct detrimental and try to ruin his career-Disciplinary action + vengeance option LOL!
E. Pretend none of this ever happened and move on and play him-Duck head in the sand and avoid the problem Denial option.

E. Is never a good option. Both A&B reward an idiot for poor behavior. D is an exercise in anger management.

By your scenario, C is the only option that holds any merit as a decision. Therefore, that is as loaded question a question as I have ever seen ROFL!

The response to this is pretty simple. Indefinitely Suspend him for "failing to do his job when capable". That is a justification for cause suspension and is almost unappealable. It will also kill his trade and Open market value. It means they will get to carry one less active player in their final 53, but will also put him on notice that his behavior will not be rewarded but severely punished from here on out. If he returns to practice and becomes a model citizen the suspension can be lifted.

Finally, I will say this one last time. If Marshall gets paid before he changes, he will never be out of this mess he has made for himself. In short, he will no longer be Baby TO, he will be prima donna central for the rest of career and probably never do anything but rack up numbers and be hated by fans. Rewarding him for acting like a 2 year old who wants his toy now is the WORST thing that could happen to him right now.....

Drek
08-28-2009, 08:27 AM
That would be nice Derk but I think you're dreaming. Right now we'd be lucky to get a second round pick for Marshall.

I have absolutely zero faith in it happening, sure, but unless we get that we're setting a bad precedent moving Marshall for anything less.

What?

Are you honestly telling me you can't see the differences between Brandon Marshall and Jay cutler?

One has a rap sheet a mile long and now proved to all of us that he will take his off field bagage into dove valley if he doesn't get his way.

Different players with different kinds of baggage, but they both require the same treatment.

What Taco described is exactly what McDaniels had probably planned to do with Cutler until Cutler made it into an organizational thing, pulling Bowlen into the mix, who then had McDaniels take offers on Cutler.

Its probably what he wants to do now with Marshall.

If we had retained Cutler against his wishes one possible outcome was him acting out similar to Marshall, and then requiring handling like what TJ prescribed for Marshall. I don't think its likely because I think Cutler making it to camp results in cooler heads prevailing and him settling into his role as another member of this team. Even if he doesn't Cook is too smart to let his client damage his rep like that. However, by effectively calling Cutler's bluff and making him show up you do have some small chance of needing to go down the suspension route.

The problem now is that neither Marshall nor his agent realize just how damaging this is to him long term. Does it hurt the Denver Broncos short term? Probably some, yes. But it hurts Brandon Marshall's career significantly more. The second that video went national he cost himself money. Every time he gets in front of a camera or microphone and does his little act he costs himself money. He doesn't realize it though, so the only way he will is when game checks stop hitting his account and he sees real money no longer coming in.

baja
08-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Option C seems the only reasonable route. BMarsh just flushed his money down the toilet, as well as any respectable trade offers. Trying to ruin his career might get the Players Association involved, which is something the Broncos do not want.

Just sit him for a few weeks. He doesn't know the playbook anyway. The Broncos need some stasis going into the first few weeks of the season - its crucial that they start well to allay doubts of the new regime.

I think the whole Marshall situation just changed with his 'tute' at practice yesterday, Marshall was not going to listen to his agent and he was not going to respond to demands by the FO but now he has pissed off his teammates they will now bring big time peer pressure and Brandon, sooner than later, will change his tune and become the model player on the field and in the locker room (off the field we can only cross our fingers) The truth is we need Marshall more than we needed Cutler in the current system and we should let peer pressure from his team mates work it's magic and it will.

Rohirrim
08-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Marshall has already been given warnings and time to get right in the head. It ain't gonna happen. Like the old man says, "You can't fix stupid." Trade him and get what you can. Reward Royal and Stokely and others for being team players and dump the ahole who doesn't want to be part of the team. Then, the whole team gets the message. If this team was one or two seasons away from the SB I'd say try to nurse the idiot along. But we're at ground zero in the rebuilding process. All Marshall can do is **** it up and keep you from building a "team" foundation. He's got to go.

baja
08-28-2009, 08:39 AM
What?

I think Marshall will fold to his team mates pressure, he may not listen to his agent or the coaches but now that he has pissed off the player they will make see the light. Truth is Marshall has only one real choice and that to play his best for the Broncos this season and sooner or later he will realize that.

If we could get a first for him I would say trade him because of the off field risks but anything less wait and he will eventually play and play hard because that is his only choice. And yes I think the Cutler and Marshall situation are very similar the off field stuff excluded.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I have absolutely zero faith in it happening, sure, but unless we get that we're setting a bad precedent moving Marshall for anything less.

Different players with different kinds of baggage, but they both require the same treatment.

What Taco described is exactly what McDaniels had probably planned to do with Cutler until Cutler made it into an organizational thing, pulling Bowlen into the mix, who then had McDaniels take offers on Cutler.

Its probably what he wants to do now with Marshall.

If we had retained Cutler against his wishes one possible outcome was him acting out similar to Marshall, and then requiring handling like what TJ prescribed for Marshall. I don't think its likely because I think Cutler making it to camp results in cooler heads prevailing and him settling into his role as another member of this team. Even if he doesn't Cook is too smart to let his client damage his rep like that. However, by effectively calling Cutler's bluff and making him show up you do have some small chance of needing to go down the suspension route.

The problem now is that neither Marshall nor his agent realize just how damaging this is to him long term. Does it hurt the Denver Broncos short term? Probably some, yes. But it hurts Brandon Marshall's career significantly more. The second that video went national he cost himself money. Every time he gets in front of a camera or microphone and does his little act he costs himself money. He doesn't realize it though, so the only way he will is when game checks stop hitting his account and he sees real money no longer coming in.

I realize you said it was highly unlikely and gave a pretty accurate example of what probably would of happened... BUT... let me stress that Jay would not have done this. As a matter of fact, NO ONE would of done this. In all my years watching professional sports I've never seen an athlete make a mockery of his own profession in such a way.

Think about the incredible number of scum bags, adult sized children, and other mensa like candidates that have littered professional sports for the last several decades. I've never seen someone go out and embarrass himself, his profession, and his colleagues like this.

In a 2 minute video he managed to destroy his own reputation (as a football player), crush his current trade value, damage his future market value, and alienate his own teamates... all in 2 minutes.

That has to be a record of some sort.

BroncoBuff
08-28-2009, 08:48 AM

A. Pay him
B. Trade him

I dunno, I'm still hoping for "E."

His comments about that Channel 7 video give some hope he might be growing up.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM
I think Marshall will fold to his team mates pressure, he may not listen to his agent or the coaches but now that he has pissed off the player they will make see the light. Truth is Marshall has only one real choice and that to play his best for the Broncos this season and sooner or later he will realize that.

If we could get a first for him I would say trade him because of the off field risks but anything less wait and he will eventually play and play hard because that is his only choice. And yes I think the Cutler and Marshall situation are very similar the off field stuff excluded.

I would be SHOCKED if their was a 5th round pick on the table for this guy...

Everyone knows that he wants a new contract, and he just showed the lengths he will go to if he doesn't get it.

Keep in mind pro athletes will put up with a lot of crap from their colleagues. Alcohol, drugs, prostitutes, infidelity, violence, are all somewhat acceptable behaviors in pro-sports.

Quitters are not taken lightly... His actions are viewed a lot worse than some people realize.

Suspend/Fine him and get it done with...

dbfan4life
08-28-2009, 08:51 AM
BMarsh just suspended per CBS 4 text!!!!

TheDave
08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
BMarsh just suspended per CBS 4 text!!!!

Good... he didn't leave the staff any options.

baja
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
I would be SHOCKED if their was a 5th round pick on the table for this guy...

Everyone knows that he wants a new contract, and he just showed the lengths he will go to if he doesn't get it.

Keep in mind pro athletes will put up with a lot of crap from their colleagues. Alcohol, drugs, prostitutes, infidelity, violence, are all somewhat acceptable behaviors in pro-sports.

Quitters are not taken lightly... His actions are viewed a lot worse than some people realize.

Suspend/Fine him and get it done with...

Dave you will notice I said "If" we could get a first.

And I will be shocked if marshall does not come around, maybe it will take a short suspension but he will play and play hard for the Broncos this season because in the end it's his only choice unless he's interested in a career at McDonalds

TheDave
08-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Dave you will notice I said "If" we could get a first.

And I will be shocked if marshall does not come around, maybe it will take a short suspension but he will play and play hard for the Broncos this season because in the end it's his only choice unless he's interested in a career at McDonalds

Looks like we are going to find out soon enough...

Punisher
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Broncos:
Brandon Marshall
3rd Pick
6th Pick
to
Patriots:
Wes Welker

Make it happen

Rashomon
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
While we all sit in the dark and "female dog" about our individual speculations the real team players are watching first hand and gaining huge respect for Josh, bank on that.

It remains to be seen whether Josh is getting any respect from the team for his handling of this, because it hasn't completely played out yet. They waited until the video came out before they suspended him, because they couldn't ignore it any longer. However, he is suspended for the pre-season, so how much is that really hurting Marshall at this point? Does he have to pay fines while he is suspended? The players get paid based upon regular season games, not the preseason. If Marshall is re-instated for game 1, he will still be in line for $2.2M, but he will have missed out on the entire preseason to work with a new QB. That hurts the Broncos.

baja
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Well they are taking this step by step and I like the approach.

Rock Chalk
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM

A. Pay him
B. Trade him

Good options

Agreed

The NFLPA wouldn't allow that kind of punishment, but I like it.

This is the best course of action and one the organization took. It doesnt matter if he wants to fall in line, a suspension means he cannot even come to the team's facilities. No meetings, no practices, not contact with anyone on the team and any deviation from that suspension can warrant further punishments including fines to pay from money he does not have. He royally ****ed himself here.

We're not trading that mother ****er. This can be thrown out with A and E as far as Im concerned. Im really leaning towards option D. Id rather franchise his ass next year and then continually suspend him and keep him out of football for 2 years.

Eldorado
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
The mane just went full retard.

Never go full retard.

bjeffrey
08-28-2009, 12:58 PM
You can't trade the guy, despite what Bowlen and the Bronc's might want to do, just to be rid of him. He began the camp with physical issues, that made any trade partner more skittish, then he has his junior high melt down this week. This team is operating at a talent deficit. They saved their butts by getting pretty good value for Cutler, but they can't give away BM. I also agree that Josh McD is facing a test to show the rest of the roster whether or not he is really in charge here. For him, BM just made the task pretty easy. I can't imagine any pro player watching that video and not being embarrassed to call that jerk a teammate. He needs to sit in a corner till he's through pouting. At that point, it will be all "on him" where he goes from there. As I have been telling anyone who would listen: we're almost done taking out the trash. Problem is, this bucket stinks so badly, no one will let us unload it.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I dunno, I'm still hoping for "E."

His comments about that Channel 7 video give some hope he might be growing up.

So was "Defense attorney" or OJ murder trail part of your job description after your sports reporting? You are a smart guy so please dont dummy down your brain.

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Broncos:
Brandon Marshall
3rd Pick
6th Pick
to
Patriots:
Wes Welker

Make it happen

Sorry, that trade is just not good. I don't think the Broncos need another Wes Welker type or WR. Plus, why would NE want BMarsh?

The only teams that are gonna trade for BMarsh are teams who are like one player away from the SB and need a WR.

Tombstone RJ
08-28-2009, 02:46 PM
The mane just went full retard.

Never go full retard.

On the flip side of that: if your gonna do something, do it 100%...

Atlas
08-28-2009, 03:17 PM

Additionally, you dont know how its being handled. Its hard to know unless youre there to pick up on tone and how McDaniels talks to people. Im not saying he's doing it wrong but Im also not saying he's doing it right, as you are. Apparently you like talking out of your ass.

Instead of posting the same thing twice just quote yourself. That works great!!

Atlas
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Instead of posting the same thing twice just quote yourself. That works great!!

I concur

sisterhellfyre
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Burn him...he is a witch

Unless he floats, which means he is made of wood. But wood burns, so he could still be a witch because witches burn too.

(Argh, RMT beat me to it.)

Popps
08-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Marshall has already been given warnings and time to get right in the head. It ain't gonna happen. Like the old man says, "You can't fix stupid." Trade him and get what you can. Reward Royal and Stokely and others for being team players and dump the ahole who doesn't want to be part of the team. Then, the whole team gets the message. If this team was one or two seasons away from the SB I'd say try to nurse the idiot along. But we're at ground zero in the rebuilding process. All Marshall can do is **** it up and keep you from building a "team" foundation. He's got to go.

Well-put, as always.

Rickity
08-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Royal will be a great #1 wideout. Let BMarsh sit on his ass at the end of the bench until he finds his manhood..

Archer81
08-28-2009, 03:43 PM
It sounds like the final warning for marshall. Denver actually looks like it has depth at wideout and has the receivers for the passing game McDaniels favors. It would also reward Marshall to trade him. The guy can sit until he is ready to go. I also cant wait for this season to come and go. Its been possibly the most ridiculous offseason I have ever seen the Broncos have, and if its an indicator of how the next 18 weeks will go...****...

:Broncos:

Punisher
08-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Sorry, that trade is just not good. I don't think the Broncos need another Wes Welker type or WR. Plus, why would NE want BMarsh?

The only teams that are gonna trade for BMarsh are teams who are like one player away from the SB and need a WR.

Broncos:
Brandon Marshall
4th Pick
to
Giants
Justin Tuck
3rd pick

Dukes
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Vikings would be a great fit! :thanku:

Dukes
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Broncos:
Brandon Marshall
4th Pick
to
Giants
Justin Tuck
3rd pick

Does Tuck play DT?

Taco John
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Look what Bellichek did to Terry Glenn....I see a similar outcome for Marshall.

World of talent, the brain of a potato....

I'm from Idaho, and I've never seen a potato pull this crap before.

The beets on the other hand...

Taco John
08-28-2009, 04:37 PM

I still believe the Broncos handled the Cutler situation exceedingly poorly. Embarassingly even.

Cool Breeze
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I like the Bitch Slap option... hey it works for him and he might feel cared enough about to go back to work.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 05:56 PM
It all depends on the CBA. If there is no new one then Marshall after this yr would be a restricted FA. Broncos could tender him high and get a 1st and 3rd if any team wants him.

That would open the door to maybe some sort of trade where we still get compensated. If Marshall didn't get any offers, well then that would be interesting.

who knows what will happen until we see how marshall responds. I would think agent would tell him to learn that friggin playbook, have 2-3 big games to open season and maybe a team makes an offer for you. Otherwise go hard the whole yr, make pro bowl, and be the most sought after wr in FA next yr. Or maybe even make up with Broncos and sign a big deal.

I just can't fathom it if the advice is continue to be an ass, get suspeneded, for over the cash, and ruin your whole season. The reason being that he still would not be an UFA. It just doesn't make since unless the agent says I will front you the money, you will be an UFA, and I will get you a huge deal etc. Marshall won't be UFA regardless of if he plays well or dogs it all yr.

I just don't get what makes him think this is the way to go.

With Cutler Broncos got a 2 first round offer and other teams also wanted Cutler. Marshall just doesn't generate that type of interest so for him to think its same dealio is really ignorant.

Elway777
08-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I like Marshall to Dallas for a second rounder and Marcus Spears . Spears might make a decent 3-4 de and Dallas might be desperate enough for a wide receiver with Williams being injuried.

lex
08-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I like Marshall to Dallas for a second rounder and Marcus Spears . Spears might make a decent 3-4 de and Dallas might be desperate enough for a wide receiver with Williams being injuried.

Might and a 2nd arent good enough.

rastaman
08-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Here's what hasn't been considered yet! Which is a more demanding need of importance for Marshall at this stage. Does Brandon want to remain Denver or does he want to be traded, irregardless of how much money the Broncos do offer him? Has it gotten to the point on both sides that irreparable damage has been done in the eyes of management and Marshall?

When I listen to the Marshall haters debating what should done to Marshall b/c he had the nerve to challenge and the owner, management, and pro-management fan base for compensation, a raise, or a new contract due to his production in seasons 07 and 08. What has ensued since then, has been to hold Brandon's legal problems over his head as a reason not to pay him the money owed for past performances.

The hypocrisy of it all, was that the Brandon haters and the Broncos FO did not suspend him in 07 & 08 for his legal problems......they only wanted to see PRODUCTION and ENTERTAINMENT out of him! Boy the fans and Bowlen really showed a lot class--didn't they. So long as Bmarsh was catching 100 plus receptions, racking up YAC, and requiring at least two or three tacklers to bring him down; all you Marshall haters were as happy as pigs rooting over left overs. The fans didn't care not one IOTA, they only cared about "Their Entertainment value and SB aspirations/chances on Any Given Sunday, bragging rights at the office, and living their fantasies thru Brandon Marshall.

Besides We Are Only Paying Him 4th round money! Lets ignore his legal problems for now. We can always have a come to Jesus moment once he demands to be paid as a Top 5 WR. Then we can nail him with his legal problems past, present and FUTURE!! Hell to add icing to the cake in paying Brandon we can even bring up its his fault D-Will was murdered.

The arrogance, ignorance and hypocrisies are endless and classless. Brandon has earned the estimated 5 million dollar in bonuses for his 07 and 08 performances. And his acquittal in the Atlanta courts and his non-suspension from the league as a result of his acquittal,l should mandated that Bowlen pay Marshall for his 07 & 08 seasons.

However, rather than own up to this fact, Bowlen, the FO, and McDaniel's have elected to partake in mind games and moving the "Goal Post" around....All in the name of teaching Marshall the retribution and revenge that can be brought to bare on Who's Boss!!

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM

He's played in a 3-4 as a DE since being drafted and only been a disappointment so far...

cutthemdown
08-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Here's what hasn't been considered yet! Which is a more demanding need of importance for Marshall at this stage. Does Brandon want to remain Denver or does he want to be traded, irregardless of how much money the Broncos do offer him? Has it gotten to the point on both sides that irreparable damage has been done in the eyes of management and Marshall?

When I listen to the Marshall haters debating what should done to Marshall b/c he had the nerve to challenge and the owner, management, and pro-management fan base for compensation, a raise, or a new contract due to his production in seasons 07 and 08. What has ensued since then, has been to hold Brandon's legal problems over his head as a reason not to pay him the money owed for past performances.

The hypocrisy of it all, was that the Brandon haters and the Broncos FO did not suspend him in 07 & 08 for his legal problems......they only wanted to see PRODUCTION and ENTERTAINMENT out of him! Boy the fans and Bowlen really showed a lot class--didn't they. So long as Bmarsh was catching 100 plus receptions, racking up YAC, and requiring at least two or three tacklers to bring him down; all you Marshall haters were as happy as pigs rooting over left overs. The fans didn't care not one IOTA, they only cared about "Their Entertainment value and SB aspirations/chances on Any Given Sunday, bragging rights at the office, and living their fantasies thru Brandon Marshall.

Besides We Are Only Paying Him 4th round money! Lets ignore his legal problems for now. We can always have a come to Jesus moment once he demands to be paid as a Top 5 WR. Then we can nail him with his legal problems past, present and FUTURE!! Hell to add icing to the cake in paying Brandon we can even bring up its his fault D-Will was murdered.

The arrogance, ignorance and hypocrisies are endless and classless. Brandon has earned the estimated 5 million dollar in bonuses for his 07 and 08 performances. And his acquittal in the Atlanta courts and his non-suspension from the league as a result of his acquittal,l should mandated that Bowlen pay Marshall for his 07 & 08 seasons.

However, rather than own up to this fact, Bowlen, the FO, and McDaniel's have elected to partake in mind games and moving the "Goal Post" around....All in the name of teaching Marshall the retribution and revenge that can be brought to bare on Who's Boss!!

If those bonuses are in his deal, and he hit them, then how can bowlen not pay them? Please enlighten us to what incentives he reached and how Broncos are getting away without paying them to Brandon.

It's not about revenge for me its about Brandon being an idiot when he's only a yr away from at least some sort of FA. It makes no sense and further proves the kid is really stupid.

Broncos by waiting get to see what happens with the CBA. Players like fitz and greg jennings you don't worry about because they:

1-didn't get DUI
2-didn't beat up girlfriend
3-didn't lie about arm injury and blame it on a mcdonalds bag
4-didn't drop passes because of said injury (which he admitted after the yr)

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
1-didn't get DUI
2-didn't beat up girlfriend
3-didn't lie about arm injury and blame it on a mcdonalds bag
4-didn't drop passes because of said injury (which he admitted after the yr)

But, in all seriousness, #3 is really awesome.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Broncos:
Brandon Marshall
4th Pick
to
Giants
Justin Tuck
3rd pick

Now that's a trade I'd do but I just don't see the Giants wanting BMarsh, not after the Burress crap.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2009, 11:21 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only thing holding BMarsh back from a fat contract is BMarsh himself.

I said he should be team captain or team spokesman because I like his interviews so much. What's so disappointing is everyone knows BMarsh is better than this. He's smarter than this! So, why is he pissing it all away? Or should I say punting his future into suspensionland...

Punisher
08-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Does Tuck play DT?

lmao **** no man i wish we used our 1st round pick on B.J Raji beside A.Smith

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Stop saying "Irregardless." It makes you look dumber than usual, rasta.

/shaking head
Idiot.

DBroncos4life
10-15-2009, 04:00 AM
:thumbsup:

Broncoman13
10-15-2009, 04:28 AM
At the time this thread was created, b*tch slap was probably the best option.

DBroncos4life
10-15-2009, 04:31 AM
At the time this thread was created, b*tch slap was probably the best option.

Everyone wanted him gone. They didn't care what we got in return. There is the Scott rumor. It didn't matter as long as he was as far away from this team as possible.

rastaman
10-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Everyone wanted him gone. They didn't care what we got in return. There is the Scott rumor. It didn't matter as long as he was as far away from this team as possible.

Now the irony of it all is that the Broncos are 5-0 instead of 3-2 b/c of Brandon. The offense is struggling so much right now, that its going to be up to the play of Brandon to win games for the remainder of the season. The fans are glad he's still here.

cutthemdown
10-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Now the irony of it all is that the Broncos are 5-0 instead of 3-2 b/c of Brandon. The offense is struggling so much right now, that its going to be up to the play of Brandon to win games for the remainder of the season. The fans are glad he's still here.

The offense is 6th in the NFL you moron. They run the ball, they protect the QB, other WR have also made plays, it's not all Brandon.

Of course Brandon is huge for the team. No one ever said he wasn't that was taken seriously. But if I remember you said why would Brandon play hard for what they pay him. He should just play like a 4th round pick? LOL you are an idiot.

By the way how is that use a FB to double team a DT plan you came up with doing? Send that off to McDaniels yet?

Broncoman13
10-15-2009, 05:09 AM

I'm surprised you're stupid enough to even show your face on this thread... you've pretty much made yourself look like an idiot over and over and over. Have you considered getting some help?

cutthemdown
10-15-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm surprised you're stupid enough to even show your face on this thread... you've pretty much made yourself look like an idiot over and over and over. Have you considered getting some help?

He's got to be the most ignorant of all time when it comes to x's and o's, football acumen etc. He actually said that maybe Wilfork would not have dominated if we used Hillis as a FB to double team him. That's all I needed to hear right there. He knows nothing about football strategies. I mean all you have to do is watch the shows on TV and you will be of avg intelligence. He can't even do that.

Could you imagine the look of a teams face if you told them your plan was to use the FB to double DT at the LOS lol? Then I guess you motion a TE and send him through the hole as a lead blocker. Tell the Center to block no one and go look for a dback !!!!!!

Broncoman13
10-15-2009, 05:19 AM
But it works on Madden???

rmsanger
10-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Pay him now....

Jesterhole
10-15-2009, 06:54 AM
I love that the same people who love that Cutler is gone, also wanted Marshall gone.

jhat01
10-15-2009, 07:18 AM
I love that the same people who love that Cutler is gone, also wanted Marshall gone.

Jeeeez..It was always about whether he was going to pull his head out and get involved. Listen to his interviews, he knows he was acting like an ass and has since realized the thinking errors. So if he would have continued to be uninterested, you would have wanted him around? Of course you wouldn't. He's got his head on straight now, it's good...Everybody loves his talent. So I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say in that gem of a post, maybe just trying to be a dick...If that's the case, that's cool, I just don't know what your point is.