PDA

View Full Version : BM: I asked and Bowlen said he would trade me.

Pages : [1] 2

watermock
08-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Apologized and said emotions get the best of him (obviously).

This starting to sound exactly like Cutler other than the Broncos know they can't lose 2 probowlers in one season THAT WERE STILL UNDER CONTRACT.

Actually 3, Weigman had to threaten them, but it was only 2 freakin' million.

BM said he was frustrated because, well, he didn't say, but my guess is no contract negotiations AT ALL, despite HE'S NOT EVEN UNDER PROBATION, and granted he's emotional, see the Broncos doing anything there? No.

He's on the scout team, expected to pick up balls. WTF do you think he booted it?

Just because Beavis put him on the depth chart?

He apologized, but at this point, a conditional second is all we will get.
\
That doesn't mean he won't get a 50 million contract.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
done crying yet mock?

BroncoBuff
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Damn shame ... we gotta trade him now. Did you see the practice video today mock?

Dagmar
08-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Did he say those words you drunken retarded ****?

http://www.johnrpattison.com/files/media/image/WindowsLiveWriter/Whattimeisit_11DC0/PeanutButterJellyTime_3.gif

Thanks.

http://www.johnrpattison.com/files/media/image/WindowsLiveWriter/Whattimeisit_11DC0/PeanutButterJellyTime_3.gif

For

the

new

thread.

http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/tin-foil-cat.jpg

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 10:14 PM
how can you still have this guys back after seeing everything unfold today? Do you really hate McD THAT much?!

scorpio

This starting to sound exactly like Cutler other than the Broncos know they can't lose 2 probowlers in one season THAT WERE STILL UNDER CONTRACT.

BM said he was frustrated because, well, he didn't say, but my guess is no contract negotiations AT ALL, despite HE'S NOT EVEN UNDER PROBATION, and granted he's emotional, see the Broncos doing anything there? No.

He's on the scout team, expected to pick up balls. WTF do you think he booted it?

\

If I didn't know for a fact that you're a real person, I would never believe it.

TheDave
Damn shame ... we gotta trade him now. Did you see the practice video today mock?

NO ONE is going to trade for him... Just like the TO situation with Philly, teams will wait for him to be released.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
NO ONE is going to trade for him... Just like the TO situation with Philly, teams will wait for him to be released.

Unless they want to lock up his rights.

Taco John
08-27-2009, 10:28 PM

I gotta believe there is a team willing to take a chance on him for a #2.

TheDave
08-27-2009, 10:33 PM

IMO, way too much risk.

-Massive character issues off the field
-One mistake he's out for half the season (at least)
-Recovering from hip and hamstring injuries
-Want a new contract
-Now he shows he will take his off field act into practice if he doesn't get his way...

If I'm a general manager I wouldn't touch him.

bpc
08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd rather prove a point and ruin his career. Just my personal feelings on it.

How much longer do we have on his contract? I'd make him earn every penny of that "feeble" contract over that period of time. Hopefully he gets fed up and throws a temper tantrum. We suspend him. He stays out long enough to beat another fiance'. Goodell puts him down for half the season, hopefully he gets a jail sentence this time.

Honestly, we just need to hit him where he'll feel it... in his pocket book.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Not outside the realm of possibility.

Jets, 9ers, Rams, Redskins, Bears, Dolphins, Titans

Narrowing down to a staff and personnel that could work with him

Jets, Rams, Redskins, Bears

Most likely, imo: Bears and Skins. Bears already missing picks makes Wash the winner.

However, can't discount the possibility that this is orchestrated to drop his value. If Chicago ends up with him for a 4th, they need to seriously investigate tampering.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-27-2009, 10:40 PM

Yeah, especially with those rumors from a few weeks ago that no one offered more than a 4th. I'm sure after this video went public, teams will just be knocking down Denver's door to up their previous offers.

The guy had too many off-field issues for teams to offer much in the first place, he's nuclear after this video. There's a difference between being angry about your situation and publically dogging it. Brandon Marshall just ensured that he will be a Denver Bronco for 2009, because there isn't a team in the league who is giving up any value from a guy who is one off field **** up from a lengthy suspension and will act like a petulent child if he doesn't get what he wants from management.

Blueflame
08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
how can you still have this guys back after seeing everything unfold today? Do you really hate McD THAT much?!

I think this is exactly what the front office wants you to think. They also "demonized" Cutler via the media. The point where I knew Marshall would probably be following Cutler out the door was when McDaniels said he wouldn't be...

Fact: Our offense would be better with Cutler and with Marshall.

watermock
08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
What aout the petulant child who boots the football after an int?

Suspend him in a real game?

Dumbass.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM

How much longer do we have on his contract? I'd make him earn every penny of that "feeble" contract over that period of time. Hopefully he gets fed up and throws a temper tantrum. We suspend him. He stays out long enough to beat another fiance'. Goodell puts him down for half the season, hopefully he gets a jail sentence this time.

I thought about this for a good bit.

Actually inspired this thread I just made.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2526972#post2526972

Popps
08-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I think this is exactly what the front office wants you to think. They also "demonized" Cutler via the media. .

Yea, good point Blueflame. Bowlen and McDaniels were out there forcing Brandon to act like a psychotic toddler throwing a tantrum among other adult professionals.

Leave to to you to find a way to jump on this guy's jock. I swear to god, if someone is a ****ing loser, you just can't get enough of them. You just love anything that's detrimental to this team.

Fact: You have no proof of that. Our offense was in the middle of the pack at scoring last year.

That's called an opinion, Blueflame. Learn the difference. At the end of this coming season, we can discuss facts.

I'm sure if Orton leads the team to wins and performs well, you'll hate the guy. No question about that, but at least at that point we can discuss actual "facts."

watermock
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, especially with those rumors from a few weeks ago that no one offered more than a 4th. I'm sure after this video went public, teams will just be knocking down Denver's door to up their previous offers.

The guy had too many off-field issues for teams to offer much in the first place, he's nuclear after this video. There's a difference between being angry about your situation and publically dogging it. Brandon Marshall just ensured that he will be a Denver Bronco for 2009, because there isn't a team in the league who is giving up any value from a guy who is one off field **** up from a lengthy suspension and will act like a petulent child if he doesn't get what he wants from management.

Yeah?

And that shows a clear pattern.

'06 is gone.

This is going to be crap.

Even in a crap division.

Popps
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM

It's been a while, but we agree 100% on this one.

If you've played football and you love the game, watching that video makes you want to vomit.

Blueflame
08-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Yea, good point Blueflame. Bowlen and McDaniels were out there forcing Brandon to act like a psychotic toddler throwing a tantrum among other adult professionals.

Leave to to you to find a way to jump on this guy's jock. I swear to god, if someone is a ****ing loser, you just can't get enough of them. You just love anything that's detrimental to this team.

Fact: You have no proof of that. Our offense was in the middle of the pack at scoring last year.

That's called an opinion, Blueflame. Learn the difference. At the end of this coming season, we can discuss facts.

I'm sure if Orton leads the team to wins and performs well, you'll hate the guy. No question about that, but at least at that point we can discuss actual "facts."

Yeah, getting rid of 2 out of 3 of last year's Pro Bowlers is exactly what a rookie HC should do to make the team better.

Popps
08-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah?

And that shows a clear pattern.

'06 is gone.

This is going to be crap.

Even in a crap division.

Yep. You'd better take another year off, buddy.

Popps
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, getting rid of 2 out of 3 of last year's Pro Bowlers is exactly what a rookie HC should do to make the team better.

Like I said, while McDaniels may have at least been involved in the Quitler situation, this is all Brandon.

Once again, leave it to you to coddle anyone who damages this team.

You love you some losers.

LongDongJohnson
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM

Thanks.

For

the

new

thread.

this is great

baja
08-27-2009, 11:12 PM

Dumbass.

Mock I am sorry to see that you have started drinking again. Stop that you know it doesn't work for you.

Blueflame
08-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Like I said, while McDaniels may have at least been involved in the Quitler situation, this is all Brandon.

Once again, leave it to you to coddle anyone who damages this team.

You love you some losers.

Seems to me it's the inexperienced rookie HC who's damaging the team. And I do not love him. :pfbbt:

broncocalijohn
08-27-2009, 11:15 PM

you cant suspend him already? Mock thinks we get a conditional 2nd. That is more than the 4th round picks that were offered before training camp. Mock, put down the bottle (i guess he is allowed to drink again) and tell me where his status has improved since those times?

Florida_Bronco
08-27-2009, 11:34 PM
I'll go on record right now stating that I do not believe Brandon is telling the truth.

watermock
08-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Mock I am sorry to see that you have started drinking again. Stop that you know it doesn't work for you.

Condesending biatch.

watermock
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by watermock

Dumbass.

That means it's PRACTICE MAN.

NOT EVEN PRESEASON.

PRACTICE, MAN.

dumbass

Popps
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Seems to me it's the inexperienced rookie HC who's damaging the team. And I do not love him. :pfbbt:

Sure, after all... he forced Brandon to bat passes down instead of catching them, and I think I saw him doing a kicking motion behind Brandon as if to say, "Brandon... don't hand the ball to the coach, kick it away."

You're alway right on top of things.

watermock
08-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Suspend him in practice.

THAT would be the act of a petulant child.

moron

baja
08-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Condesending biatch.

Mock I am a retired professional drunk don't you think I know when you ar drinking?

It's bad mojo for you.

watermock
08-27-2009, 11:54 PM
It's funny.

Beavis is obviously humiliating BM.

The "depth chart" has no reality in the billicheat formula.

Popps
08-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I'll go on record right now stating that I do not believe Brandon is telling the truth.

Not exactly a longshot.

Dude said he missed practice today because he "didn't feel well."

He doesn't beat women either, by the way. Not sure if you heard that.

watermock
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Mock I am a retired professional drunk don't you think I know when you ar drinking?

It's bad mojo for you.

Goodbye.

BTW, it's are, not ar.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Not exactly a longshot.

Dude said he missed practice today because he "didn't feel well."

He doesn't beat women either, by the way. Not sure if you heard that.

To be fair, courts DID find him not guilty. We can't say that about all our beloved Bronco WRs...

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Sure, after all... he forced Brandon to bat passes down instead of catching them, and I think I saw him doing a kicking motion behind Brandon as if to say, "Brandon... don't hand the ball to the coach, kick it away."

You're alway right on top of things.

I'm seeing deja vu all over again. And a second Pro Bowler who could go on to make us rue the day Pat Bowlen hired an inexperienced kid and gave him absolute power.

baja
08-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Goodbye.

BTW, it's are, not ar.

Like you never made a typo

I am one of you few friends here don't you know. ;D

baja
08-28-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm seeing deja vu all over again. And a second Pro Bowler who could go on to make us rue the day Pat Bowlen hired an inexperienced kid and gave him absolute power.

ya know Blue if you keep this up I am going to have to down grade you to a "C" cup in my minds eye. ;D

rastaman
08-28-2009, 12:07 AM

Boy o Boy look at all the Hate Fest toward Brandon Marshall!

Brandon needs to get the hell out of Denver! He's pissed off the pro-management fans, Bowlen and McDaniel's. These folks don't forgive unless they get what they want. Should Brandon be broken and excepts who's boss, he maybe allowed back into the fold of his masters and gladiator romanistic fans.

Brandon here's some advice:

Stay out of legal trouble off the field. Stay healthy in Denver until your Parole from the Bronco Gulag ends over the next two or three years and you will get your big pay day in another city. Please don't be foolish and play with reckless abandon anymore and increase the wear and tear on your body unnecessarily.

The key to you surviving your imprisonment in Denver is staying healthy and increasing your LONGEVITY!!! Understand beyond any shadow of a doubt the pro management fan base and Bowlen & McDaniel's appreciates little what you have brought to this organization during 07 & 08.

Play smart protect your body, step out of bounds when you can. Make sure you go down with the first tackle; Denver will pay you 4th round money whether one or three players tackle you.

Denver will never pay you what you're worth. And even should they have a change of heart down the road, remember the 09 season how Bowlen and McDaniel's tried to take your dignity and attempted to force you relent to their corporate fascist ways! "Remember to Never Kiss a Rattle Snake on the Lips" such is akin to signing a contract with the post Shanny Denver Broncos.

Time to move on just as soon as Comrade Bowlen and McDaniel's approve your parole.

Killericon
08-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Say what you will about McDaniels, but this offseason sure soured me towards Marshall and Cutler, and with Shanny around, they'd both have shiny new contracts.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 12:12 AM
ya know Blue if you keep this up I am going to have to down grade you to a "C" cup in my minds eye. ;D

Hey, it's not unreasonable to not like the way this noob coach is handling our best players.

I don't even like thinking about trying to fit into a "C".... tsk tsk

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:13 AM
To be fair, courts DID find him not guilty. We can't say that about all our beloved Bronco WRs...

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground,

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home

May 25, 2007: Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0531/otl_e_watley_300.jpg

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy.

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Feb. 5, 2009: While attending a dinner party in Honolulu as part of his Pro Bowl appearance, Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall told the Denver Post he met Nogami-Campbell while the two attended the University of Central Florida. The engagement prompted several sports writers to praise what they characterized as Marshall's maturity.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building.

Look, man... I agree. He's gone through the legal procedures and has somehow managed to come out fairly unscathed. However, at a certain point... normal people don't have track records like this. I can't imagine this is anything other than a smoke/fire issue, at this point.

watermock
08-28-2009, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE][ think this is exactly what the front office wants you to think. They also "demonized" Cutler via the media. The point where I knew Marshall would probably be following Cutler out the door was when McDaniels said he wouldn't be...

Fact: Our offense would be better with Cutler and with Marshall./QUOTE]

Oh my!

It's humorous.

epicSocialism4tw
08-28-2009, 12:37 AM

Bowlen has made a mockery out of this franchise.

Two of the brightest young stars in the league were here at the end of last season, and they are being replaced by poorly-used and mismanaged assets.

Bowlen is no longer concerned about the quality of the team on the field, but in the bottom line.

Bowlen is now the Donald Sterling of the NFL.

watermock
08-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Say what you will about McDaniels, but this offseason sure soured me towards Marshall and Cutler, and with Shanny around, they'd both have shiny new contracts.

Odd.

They were both probowlers.

Of course, Cutler is playing for his original contract, BM is in his final year.

Don't let facts delude you.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 12:53 AM
[ think this is exactly what the front office wants you to think. They also "demonized" Cutler via the media. The point where I knew Marshall would probably be following Cutler out the door was when McDaniels said he wouldn't be...

Oh my!

It's humorous.

Actually it would be humorous if it were happening to the Chiefs or Raiders or Chargers... but unfortunately, it's happening to the Broncos. :(

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Bowlen has made a mockery out of this franchise.

Two of the brightest young stars in the league were here at the end of last season, and they are being replaced by poorly-used and mismanaged assets.

Bowlen is no longer concerned about the quality of the team on the field, but in the bottom line.
Bowlen is now the Donald Sterling of the NFL.

Have you stopped and asked if he wants some quality personality to go along with that talent. I cannot believe that the anti McDaniels crowd wants to put this on the coach when it is the player who is the problem. This didnt start in this offseason. Try looking at the "rap" sheet that Popps posted. Stop making excuses for the flava clown already. Sad we cant talk about the positive guys like Royal. Loving that guy more and more.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Have you stopped and asked if he wants some quality personality to go along with that talent. I cannot believe that the anti McDaniels crowd wants to put this on the coach when it is the player who is the problem. This didnt start in this offseason. Try looking at the "rap" sheet that Popps posted. Stop making excuses for the flava clown already. Sad we cant talk about the positive guys like Royal. Loving that guy more and more.

But... BCJ...isn't it also a valid question why Pro Bowl players don't want to work with/for this inexperienced rookie HC? Or why he seems uninterested in trying to work with them (seems to want all "big names" off the roster)?

baja
08-28-2009, 01:37 AM
But... BCJ...isn't it also a valid question why Pro Bowl players don't want to work with/for this inexperienced rookie HC? Or why he seems uninterested in trying to work with them (seems to want all "big names" off the roster)?

OK now it's down to a "B"

baja
08-28-2009, 01:38 AM
We'll make a man out of you yet.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 01:49 AM
We'll make a man out of you yet.

... only in your imagination, Baja.... :~ohyah!: Ha!

Killericon
08-28-2009, 02:03 AM
Odd.

They were both probowlers.

Of course, Cutler is playing for his original contract, BM is in his final year.

Don't let facts delude you.

Facts delude me about what? Do you disagree?

TonyR
08-28-2009, 06:23 AM
...isn't it also a valid question why Pro Bowl players don't want to work with/for this inexperienced rookie HC? Or why he seems uninterested in trying to work with them (seems to want all "big names" off the roster)?

Yes, that's exactly what's going on, Blue. You're a regular Jessica Fletcher. Josh McD wants to get rid of all the Pro Bowlers on the team.

/shakes head in bewildered disbelief...

worm
08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Like the Cutler situation, I believe this has reached a point of no return. No one can do what he did and 'kiss and make up'. When you disrepeact yourself and your teammates, talent takes a backseat. I don't want him to be a Denver Bronco.

However, I do think it is fair to question the ownership\FO of the team in any culpability they might have.

1) Did Bowlen promise to trade him with no strings attached in terms of return value?
2) If the F\O did rethink the promise made by Shanny for a new contract, then did they clearly relay the new parameters that would need to be met in order to rework his rookie deal?

Do you blame the parent for breaking a promise or the child for throwing a temper tantrum becuase of it? Do you blame the parent for not clearly setting expectations or the child for throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get what was promised to them?

It is commendable that we have a kind-hearted owner who sincerely wants what is best for his employees but he needs to SHUTUP and leave the football business to professionals. I really believe that this firestorm could have been mitigated...or at least reduced if our immature baby of a player wasn't given mixed messages.

We NEED a real GM.

Willynowei
08-28-2009, 06:50 AM
no one is saying that Mcdaniles wants to LOSE, but its been suggested that he could use some additional tact in the manner he deals with all the teams players, not just Cutler and Marshall. Perhaps, those two aren't the only players unhappy with management? Perhaps they are the only ones with the resume to bust loose from the Broncos and still have a job?

Imagine what would happen if Brandon Stokley tried the same? Remember Scheffler and Wiegmen both at times got rowdy, and then fell in line, possibly because their demands were satiated, but more likely because they realized that they lacked the leverage to get out of denver.

DrFate
08-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey, it's not unreasonable to not like the way this noob coach is handling our best players.

I'm not sure what you are thinking, Blue. It is everybody's fault BUT the noob coach.

The following people/things are at fault for this offseason:

Cutler
Cutler's agent
Cutler's cell phone
Bowlen
Bellicheat
Sunspots
Ninjas
Marshall
Marshall's current girlfriend
Marshall's old girlfriend
Shanahan
Bates (Jeremy)
Bates (Kathy)
Bates (Norman)
Hoodies
The Taliban
Lex
Kool Aid
Thunder (the horse)
Thunder (Cats)
Solomon Wilcots
Mike Vick
PETA
Peta Wilson
Matt Cassel
Matt Millen
Matt Stafford

Did I miss anybody??

Atlas
08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Imagine what would happen if Brandon Stokley tried the same? Remember Scheffler and Wiegmen both at times got rowdy, and then fell in line, possibly because their demands were satiated, but more likely because they realized that they lacked the leverage to get out of denver.

Weigmen did act like that... They just decided to give him a new contract. They are paying him more than twice what he made last year.

If Bowlen and McD would have dealt with Marshall with some class it would be settled now. Marshall is in the last year of his contract, that typically is when you sign your star players. Back after marshall was acquitted they should have signed him to a long term contract or they should have told him to be patient and start looking for a trading partner. Instead they do the same thing they did to Cutler and try to strong arm him and force Marshall to bow down like a good slave.

Now they have an unhappy player that they possibly can't get value for.

This is a total mismanagement of the team and seems pretty typical for the post-Shanny era.

Popcorn Sutton
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure what you are thinking, Blue. It is everybody's fault BUT the noob coach.

Cutler
Cutler's agent
Cutler's cell phone
Bowlen
Bellicheat
Sunspots
Ninjas
Marshall
Shanahan
Bates (Jeremy)
Bates (Kathy)
Bates (Norman)
Hoodies
The Taliban
Lex
Kool Aid
Thunder (the horse)
Thunder (Cats)
Solomon Wilcots
Mike Vick
PETA
Peta Wilson
Matt Cassel
Matt Millen
Matt Stafford

Did I miss anybody??

Or, perhaps.... maybe...... just maybe...... possibly.... there's blame on all sides. I know that is a difficult concept around here.

kamakazi_kal
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
no one is saying that Mcdaniles wants to LOSE, but its been suggested that he could use some additional tact in the manner he deals with all the teams players, not just Cutler and Marshall. Perhaps, those two aren't the only players unhappy with management? Perhaps they are the only ones with the resume to bust loose from the Broncos and still have a job?

This is how I feel about the situation also.

Marshall really has no choice. He can't holdout were money is the issue. You can't deny the man has outplayed his contract in the last few years.
I will agree his off-field issues are a concern but that risk can be written into the contract.

I also agree that video is damning but you can tell he's trying to force Denver's hand. He's trying to leave them no choice. Fact remains that we really don't know much about the situation and how it's been handled in the F.O.

The guy has no trust of the medical staff, the coach or Bowlen .... if his hip went unchecked last year, his coach treats him like a 5 year old and bowlen lied about his contract .... well ... would you be pissed?

Everyone just wants him to show up and play. That's selfish from a fan standpoint ..... if he gets another 100 rec. year then what he gets promised a contract after next year? if he feel injured but they say he's ok should he just keep playing? If his coach tells him to wipe his ass with sandpaper does he have to?

I get the whole team first thing and it's great for the fan .... not for the player.

55CrushEm
08-28-2009, 07:37 AM

Thanks.

For

the

new

thread.

OMFG!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

DrFate
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Or, perhaps.... maybe...... just maybe...... possibly.... there's blame on all sides. I know that is a difficult concept around here.

Sorry Brew - but thanks for playing.

55CrushEm
08-28-2009, 07:49 AM
if he gets another 100 rec. year then what he gets promised a contract after next year?

No....if he has another 100 catch season, he's a free agent.....and SOMEBODY will pay him the mega bucks.

In a contract year, you play your ass off.....you don't pout.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 07:50 AM

Dumbass.

Hey Mock, Jiffy needs a spokesman. :wiggle:

Don Flamenco
08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
ooooh. that's mean^^^

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 08:18 AM
ooooh. that's mean^^^

Don't ya worry yer pretty little head. Mock knows how to send nasty PM's. ;D

It was a lot better when his cat was doing the typing.:rofl:

vancejohnson82
08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
you're a douche mock

really? that kind of behavior is OK???

punting the ball? because hes on scout team?

lostknight
08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Any one else tired of our organization being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Inkana7
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm tired of our players acting like petulant little douches.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Bowlen said he would TRY to trade Brandon. No one wants Brandon or will pay what the Broncos think he's worth...OBVIOUSLY.

TonyR
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
If Bowlen and McD would have dealt with Marshall with some class it would be settled now.

Seriously? No, really, I mean it. Seriously? How about if Brandon didn't have multiple lapses in judgment that brought on legal trouble and potential lengthy suspensions, plus an off field injury, he'd be counting his $20 million guaranteed money right now? You need to step back and realize where the blame lies in this whole thing. You've got it all very wrong.

wolf754life
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
the fans on this board are soooo spoiled and shortsided. Marshall defenders obviously don't understand the situation. Let the rotting begin, see you in hell b farse!

BroncoBuff
08-28-2009, 09:29 AM
As I've oft-mentioned, Josh has a small-college, top-down authoritative mentality ... probably from growing up with a coach Dad.

Might work in the NFL, I hope it does. But with that approach he wouldn't even make waterboy in the NBA or MLB.

He should be managing personalities and egos, that's the smart move ...bu instead he's looking for selfless conformity, which is just unrealistic with most stars. Some, Brady maybe ... but not most.

Rohirrim
08-28-2009, 09:33 AM

No need to worry about that. The Raiders still have a death grip on that title.

R8R H8R
08-28-2009, 09:36 AM
However, I do think it is fair to question the ownership\FO of the team in any culpability they might have.

1) Did Bowlen promise to trade him with no strings attached in terms of return value?

He doesn't remember. :)

2) If the F\O did rethink the promise made by Shanny for a new contract, then did they clearly relay the new parameters that would need to be met in order to rework his rookie deal?

We don't know, but I do not understand why Shanny would promise Marshall anything since he refused to re-work a deal for Clinton Portis. Portis was no where near the character risk that Marshall is.

It is commendable that we have a kind-hearted owner who sincerely wants what is best for his employees but he needs to SHUTUP and leave the football business to professionals. I really believe that this firestorm could have been mitigated...or at least reduced if our immature baby of a player wasn't given mixed messages.

Agreed. Bowlen shouldn't make promises that his HC/GM doesn't agree with.

We NEED a real GM.

I may be in the minority, but I don't agree with this yet. Patriots don't have one; Detroit did and it actually hurt them.

Rohirrim
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
As I've oft-mentioned, Josh has a small-college, top-down authoritative mentality ... probably from growing up with a coach Dad.

Might work in the NFL, I hope it does. But with that approach he wouldn't even make waterboy in the NBA or MLB.

He should be managing personalities and egos, that's the smart move ...bu instead he's looking for selfless conformity, which is just unrealistic with most stars. Some, Brady maybe ... but not most.

:bs: I don't buy that at all. He's trying to build a "team" concept. You act as if he just walked in off the street from a high school coaching job. Read his resume. I'm sure he has no problem dealing with "personalities." He just stumbled into a situation where a team had two malfunctioning personalities who also happened to be the stars of the team. Many Americans have forgotten this, but we used to believe in a concept called "personal responsibility." Look at Royal. Rod Smith. The majority of the team. They get it. They are men who play football for a living. Maturity.

Shanahan was coddling some of the personalities on this team. He allowed cliques to develope. People have complained about it for years. McD came in and knew that could not continue if he had any hopes of building a long term winning franchise. I'm sure if it was Spags, Ryan or whoever came in here, they would have realized the same thing. The overwhelming majority of the players had the maturity to adapt to McD's new protocols. Some didn't. Some don't.

It depends on what McD is trying to build: A winning franchise, or a nursery.

ScottXray
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
All this does is PROVE that Marshall is a problem, because of MARSHALL.

The coach (McD) has Nothing to do with BM's behavior, it is all about MONEY and a childish attitude on the part of the player.

He is under contract to play football , and he is violating his contract by not
performing his duties under that contract. In order to try to induce the team to comply with his demands for a new contract (at least some money is due him for PAST behavior ON the field...he IS a great player when he wants to be) or a trade (the TEAM has him under a current contract and does not have to comply) he has been putting on a what , me stupid ACT.

In doing so he is letting down his teammates and the team.

So now he is suspended for the rest of the pre-season. That will hit his pocketbook aa LITTLE. This is the management letting him know that if he doesn't change his behavior they have the ability to suspend him...repeatedly, and take away his pay for THIS year. They really have no other method or choice open to them. I don't see how ANYONE can lay this at the feet of the coach! He is using what forms of dicipline are available to him.

If he had gone up to Marshall and punched him in the face or attacked him in some other way , THAT would be mismanaging.

He didn't call him out in front of anyone else.

He didn't say "you'll get traded".

He didn't say " he doesn't know the playbook." The player did.

He didn't take the issue to the press, despite the press hoping he will.

What the hell has the COACH done that shows mismanagement? The player is the one that is causing all the problems. And despite Bowlen possibly saying he would be traded if that what he wants, if no team offers anything of value how can that be allowed.

Trading him WOULD be mismanagement if we didn't get at least high round draft choices or players of equal impact.

This is ALL on Marshall. The guy just can't see things are of his own making, and he still wants a high dollar contract that would stick it to the Broncos WHEN the league suspends him for any other off field issue. And judging by his behavior he STILL hasn't figured it out.

Some times BAD things happen to good people.

Some times GOOD things happen to BAD people.

Generally, GOOD behavior results in GOOD things happening to you,
and BAD behavior results in the opposite.

If he continues this CHARADE the team should just keep suspending him, until he earns ZERO.

RaiderH8r
08-28-2009, 09:52 AM
McDipsh!t sure knows how to get the best production out of his players. Wow. Once Royal is a bonafide 100 catch receiver McKid will have him cleaning out urinal cakes just to prove to McKid that McKid is the Head Midget in Charge.

Mr.Meanie
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Instead they do the same thing they did to Cutler and try to strong arm him and force Marshall to bow down like a good slave.

Like a good SLAVE?? hahaha...wow. You just out-lexed Lex.

He signed a contract, he's making 2 million dollars this year even if he mails it in.

Trading him would have been alot easier if he didn't singlehandedly self-destruct his trade value. Signing him to a lucrative long term contract would have been more likely. Of course, he would have most likely been signed to a long term lucrative contract, and we wouldn't even be discussing it. But he's BMarsh, so there we are...

ScottXray
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM

Cutler
Cutler's agent
Cutler's cell phone
Bowlen
Bellicheat
Sunspots
Ninjas
Marshall
Shanahan
Bates (Jeremy)
Bates (Kathy)
Bates (Norman)
Hoodies
The Taliban
Lex
Kool Aid
Thunder (the horse)
Thunder (Cats)
Solomon Wilcots
Mike Vick
PETA
Peta Wilson
Matt Cassel
Matt Millen
Matt Stafford

Did I miss anybody??

REP!:pimp:!Booya!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I think this is exactly what the front office wants you to think. They also "demonized" Cutler via the media. The point where I knew Marshall would probably be following Cutler out the door was when McDaniels said he wouldn't be...

TIN FOIL HAT! TIN FOIL HAT!

Yes, it's all a conspiracy by that evil Broncos front office to demonize these innocent players. Marshall is a puppet on a string! They MADE HIM kick that football in practice! BLURG!

Get OVER yourself, blue. You sound even stupider than usual on this one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-28-2009, 10:15 AM
:bs: I don't buy that at all. He's trying to build a "team" concept. You act as if he just walked in off the street from a high school coaching job. Read his resume. I'm sure he has no problem dealing with "personalities." he just stumbled into a situation where a team had two malfunctioning personalities who also happened to be the stars of the team. Many americans have forgotten this, but we used to believe in a concept called "personal responsibility." look at royal. Rod smith. The majority of the team. They get it. They are men who play football for a living. Maturity.

Shanahan was coddling some of the personalities on this team. He allowed cliques to develope. People have complained about it for years. Mcd came in and knew that could not continue if he had any hopes of building a long term winning franchise. I'm sure if it was spags, ryan or whoever came in here, they would have realized the same thing. The overwhelming majority of the players had the maturity to adapt to mcd's new protocols. Some didn't. Some don't.

It depends on what mcd is trying to build: A winning franchise, or a nursery.

rep.

Cosmo
08-28-2009, 10:16 AM
IMO, this thing is quite simple and so far McD is following it.

1) Let him play/practice. If he acts like an idiot, suspend him.

2) If he is productive this year, healthy and stays out of trouble offer him a contract. If he doesn't like the contract he is a restricted free agent, so tender him the highest amount allowed. If someone offers, we get at least a 1st rd pick in return, if not, we keep him for another year.

3) If we manage to keep him with the tender, the following year you do the same thing, offer a long term contract based on his performance. If he rejects it again, franchise him.

4) Rinse and repeat. We have the power to keep him or ruin his career. Follow through with this and we lose nothing.

You see, with Cutler, it was different, your QB sets the tone. If he's a drunk jackass, you need to replace him, and that is what we did. Would Cutler have matured eventually? Yes, but in today's NFL, you have to win now and waiting on him to get it, wasn't something the team was willing to do. I am skeptical of Orton being a long term solution, but you can tell that McD can do wonders for a QB. If Orton fails, McD will find a suitable replacement.

Flex Gunmetal
08-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Didn't read pages 1-4, but mock sure is a goddamn idiot.
He surprises me daily.

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 10:27 AM
:bs: I don't buy that at all. He's trying to build a "team" concept. You act as if he just walked in off the street from a high school coaching job. Read his resume. I'm sure he has no problem dealing with "personalities." He just stumbled into a situation where a team had two malfunctioning personalities who also happened to be the stars of the team. Many Americans have forgotten this, but we used to believe in a concept called "personal responsibility." Look at Royal. Rod Smith. The majority of the team. They get it. They are men who play football for a living. Maturity.

Shanahan was coddling some of the personalities on this team. He allowed cliques to develope. People have complained about it for years. McD came in and knew that could not continue if he had any hopes of building a long term winning franchise. I'm sure if it was Spags, Ryan or whoever came in here, they would have realized the same thing. The overwhelming majority of the players had the maturity to adapt to McD's new protocols. Some didn't. Some don't.

It depends on what McD is trying to build: A winning franchise, or a nursery.

You guys act like Mike Shanahan never coached a NFL star before. Smith didn't act like this Shanahan was his coach. John Elway didn't act like this Mike Shanahan was his coach. Terrell Davis didn't act like this Mike Shanahan was his coach. The only player I can really think that had a HUGE ego in Denver under Mike was Clinton Portis and his attitude got him traded for Champ Bailey. Mike Shanahan saw the potential problem with Clinton and instead of letting it get to hold out point like Portis was talking about doing he traded his ass for the best CB in the NFL.

Maybe instead of blaming Shanahan for "coddling" players maybe we should step back and thank Mike for keeping things behind close doors and not out in the open like a circus.

Atlas
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Seriously? No, really, I mean it. Seriously? How about if Brandon didn't have multiple lapses in judgment that brought on legal trouble and potential lengthy suspensions, plus an off field injury, he'd be counting his $20 million guaranteed money right now? You need to step back and realize where the blame lies in this whole thing. You've got it all very wrong.

I don't have it all wrong.

Denver would have been in a much better situation now if they would have traded Marshall thwree weeks ago. Am I right? Of Course I am.

When they decided that they weren't going to pay him they should have traded him, and that of course I am right.

vancejohnson82
08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
You guys act like Mike Shanahan never coached a NFL star before. Smith didn't act like this Shanahan was his coach. John Elway didn't act like this Mike Shanahan was his coach. Terrell Davis didn't act like this Mike Shanahan was his coach. The only player I can really think that had a HUGE ego in Denver under Mike was Clinton Portis and his attitude got him traded for Champ Bailey. Mike Shanahan saw the potential problem with Clinton and instead of letting it get to hold out point like Portis was talking about doing he traded his ass for the best CB in the NFL.

Maybe instead of blaming Shanahan for "coddling" players maybe we should step back and thank Mike for keeping things behind close doors and not out in the open like a circus.

how about coming up with an instance post 2005...

Marshall and Cutler are the prototypical NFL crybabies....I can't wait to get rid of "Baby TO" soon enough

lets get some real football players in here

HAT
08-28-2009, 10:50 AM

\

73,000 post rule?

TonyR
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Denver would have been in a much better situation now if they would have traded Marshall thwree weeks ago. Am I right? Of Course I am.

When they decided that they weren't going to pay him they should have traded him, and that of course I am right.

No, the problem with your "logic" here is that he wasn't very marketable three weeks ago, either. Injury, legal issues, and demanding a new contract. Not things many, if any, teams are looking to give up a lot of value for. The only thing you're right about is that his value has decreased.

They did the right thing by not trading him then, and hopefully they'll do the right thing and not trade him now. Unless somebody is willing to give up a lot for him, which is extremely unlikely.

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 11:01 AM
how about coming up with an instance post 2005...

Marshall and Cutler are the prototypical NFL crybabies....I can't wait to get rid of "Baby TO" soon enough

lets get some real football players in here

How Shanahan handled his players shouldn't be questioned. I'm pointing that out. We will never know how this would have played out with Mike here and I doubt the BM thing would have been this bad with Mike here. I'm not saying that McD is handling it wrong either I just think Mike would have found a different way of dealing with it then McD is doing. Its crystal clear that Marshall is dumb for acting like this but at the same time acting like a baby got Cutler what he wanted so I guess you can see why Marshall is trying to do what he is doing.

As for "real football players" this is something that you are going to have to deal with. Moss was a punk and flat out dogged it when he was with the Raiders. In fact Moss got what he wanted out of Minny because of how he was treated then he landed in a **** hole. Lucky for him he got out and grew up, now no one is talking about him being cancer for the team. The thought alone about Denver trying to get Moss before he was a Pat was laughed at on this board because of his actions but I doubt that would be a issue anymore.

I really hope that Marshall bucks up and plays this year. His agent should step in and get him to look at the big picture cause he isn't going anywhere now. As I said before I would rather have two 100 catch WRs this year then one. We just need him to shut up catch the football and stay out of trouble so we can get value for him back.

Rohirrim
08-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Shanahan didn't have to "manage" the personalities of Elway, TD or Smith. They were mature individuals who managed themselves. And I'm not talking about how Mike was during his entire 14 years here. Just the last few. Frankly, I think he was burned out.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
IMO, this thing is quite simple and so far McD is following it.

1) Let him play/practice. If he acts like an idiot, suspend him.

2) If he is productive this year, healthy and stays out of trouble offer him a contract. If he doesn't like the contract he is a restricted free agent, so tender him the highest amount allowed. If someone offers, we get at least a 1st rd pick in return, if not, we keep him for another year.

3) If we manage to keep him with the tender, the following year you do the same thing, offer a long term contract based on his performance. If he rejects it again, franchise him.

4) Rinse and repeat. We have the power to keep him or ruin his career. Follow through with this and we lose nothing.

You see, with Cutler, it was different, your QB sets the tone. If he's a drunk jackass, you need to replace him, and that is what we did. Would Cutler have matured eventually? Yes, but in today's NFL, you have to win now and waiting on him to get it, wasn't something the team was willing to do. I am skeptical of Orton being a long term solution, but you can tell that McD can do wonders for a QB. If Orton fails, McD will find a suitable replacement.

Well Orton is a dry Drunk as well. So we got rid of one Drunk for another Drunk!!

DBroncos4life
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Shanahan didn't have to "manage" the personalities of Elway, TD or Smith. They were mature individuals who managed themselves. And I'm not talking about how Mike was during his entire 14 years here. Just the last few. Frankly, I think he was burned out.

Anyone that did act like this got shipped out, but yeah maybe it was getting too much for him.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 11:08 AM

\

why not just wait until after season, he will be a RFA, we tender, if another teams signs they owe us a 1st and 4th right?

Atlas
08-28-2009, 11:08 AM
No, the problem with your "logic" here is that he wasn't very marketable three weeks ago, either. Injury, legal issues, and demanding a new contract. Not things many, if any, teams are looking to give up a lot of value for. The only thing you're right about is that his value has decreased.

They did the right thing by not trading him then, and hopefully they'll do the right thing and not trade him now. Unless somebody is willing to give up a lot for him, which is extremely unlikely.

You're right but was his vaulue more three weeks ago or today? The answer was that he value was much greater three weeks ago.

12th man
08-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Cutler
Cutler's agent
Cutler's cell phone
Bowlen
Bellicheat
Sunspots
Ninjas
Marshall
Shanahan
Bates (Jeremy)
Bates (Kathy)
Bates (Norman)
Hoodies
The Taliban
Lex
Kool Aid
Thunder (the horse)
Thunder (Cats)
Solomon Wilcots
Mike Vick
PETA
Peta Wilson
Matt Cassel
Matt Millen
Matt Stafford

Did I miss anybody??

Griese.

worm
08-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Griese.

Bella

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Cutler
Cutler's agent
Cutler's cell phone
Bowlen
Bellicheat
Sunspots
Ninjas
Marshall
Shanahan
Bates (Jeremy)
Bates (Kathy)
Bates (Norman)
Hoodies
The Taliban
Lex
Kool Aid
Thunder (the horse)
Thunder (Cats)
Solomon Wilcots
Mike Vick
PETA
Peta Wilson
Matt Cassel
Matt Millen
Matt Stafford

Did I miss anybody??

Yep... you forgot that it's your fault and my fault and the fault of every fan who dares to question any move whatsoever that this rookie noob HC makes... we're "bad fans" and this mess is undoubtedly all our doing.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
McDip**** sure knows how to get the best production out of his players. Wow. Once Royal is a bonafide 100 catch receiver McKid will have him cleaning out urinal cakes just to prove to McKid that McKid is the Head Midget in Charge.

:spit:

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Bowlen said he would TRY to trade Brandon. No one wants Brandon or will pay what the Broncos think he's worth...OBVIOUSLY.

Yeah, and not so long ago people were saying no team would ever give up anything at all for Jay. And after we got two first-rounders for him, they're still saying the Bears won't raise his salary...ever. You have to wait for the proper timeframe to elapse between "we are not going to trade the player" and "the Denver Broncos announce a trade with 'X' team for the player".... it's deja vu and like the Cutler situation, it's beyond the point of resolution. So we'll lose two of our 3 best offensive players from last season because they do not want to work with this coach/front office.

Atlas
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Yep... you forgot that it's your fault and my fault and the fault of every fan who dares to question any move whatsoever that this rookie noob HC makes... we're "bad fans" and this mess is undoubtedly all our doing.

You're a bad fan.

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.vatsaas.org/rtv/arsenal/teamrocs/bert/ebg.jpe&usg=AFQjCNGr0w2XxSUX1Nj2FJOCM3dvzAJtDw

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
You're a bad fan.

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.vatsaas.org/rtv/arsenal/teamrocs/bert/ebg.jpe&usg=AFQjCNGr0w2XxSUX1Nj2FJOCM3dvzAJtDw

I know... the "fan police" are out in force lately and becoming more hostile than ever in their defense of the Wunderkind...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, and not so long ago people were saying no team would ever give up anything at all for Jay. And after we got two first-rounders for him, they're still saying the Bears won't raise his salary...ever. You have to wait for the proper timeframe to elapse between "we are not going to trade the player" and "the Denver Broncos announce a trade with 'X' team for the player".... it's deja vu and like the Cutler situation, it's beyond the point of resolution. So we'll lose two of our 3 best offensive players from last season because they do not want to work with this coach/front office.

You're retarded, aren't you?

Level with us. We can take it.

Marshall has never said anything but good things about the organization or the front office. His is STRICTLY about money, he's made mention of this numerous times. And yet you still hang on desperately to this idea that because McDaniels came from the Pats and the Pats are evil, that McDaniels is evil.

It's completely absurd. Retarded. Truthfully.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM

Marshall has never said anything but good things about the organization or the front office. His is STRICTLY about money, he's made mention of this numerous times. And yet you still hang on desperately to this idea that because McDaniels came from the Pats and the Pats are evil, that McDaniels is evil.

I'm sorry. Did you say something? I can't hear you. ;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry. Did you say something? I can't hear you. ;D

Clever.

You're right. I never should have assumed you'd know how to read, what with your absolutely moronic takes on this football team.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Clever.

You're right. I never should have assumed you'd know how to read, what with your absolutely moronic takes on this football team.

Sorry but I don't think we'll ever agree on anything and it's seemed to me that the personal attack is the first place you go, so there seems to be little point in engaging in dialogue with you. :peace:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry but I don't think we'll ever agree on anything and it's seemed to me that the personal attack is the first place you go, so there seems to be little point in engaging in dialogue with you. :peace:

When you come up with total bull**** for your posts, you look like a retard. I was asking for you to clear that up, if in fact I was confused.

Looks like I wasn't.

scorpio
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I know... the "fan police" are out in force lately and becoming more hostile than ever in their defense of the Wunderkind...

You're not a bad fan, just misunderstood.

And perhaps mildly retarded.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
You're not a bad fan, just misunderstood.

And perhaps mildly retarded.

Thanks for the insult.... :pfbbt: ;D

HAT
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM

Close....Female.

RaiderH8r
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM

I'm just disappointed that Marshall is in it for the money while the rest of the Broncos organization, heck the rest of the NFL is in it for love of the game. :thumbsup:

On another note, have you considered owning a bridge? Cuz' I've got just the one to sell ya.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM

Come on blue! Cutler had his feelings hurt and if it was McDaniels wanting a lesser known player (like Cassel), then maybe there is a little truth in it. You would be arguing that McDaniels has more talent with someone raw or new than being able to keep someone like.......hmmmm........ Tom Brady happy and always improve or keep status quo with his talent. Unless I hear Belicheat saying that McDaniels approached him and wanted Brady out to get Cassel in before the injury, then I am with you. As for FC Marshall, what other options did the coach have? FC Marshall brought this on himself and thought he can push his weight around once he was top dog of the team when Cutler got his "wish" to be traded. Seems veterans like Stokely are having no problems with the coach and probably agrees with the suspension. Remember, Stokely is the one that had to stop FC BM from going "Look at me America" with his stupid Obama sign during the national televised game that would have got him fined and/or suspended.

Broncos4tw
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't think people think crap through. McD IS an inexperienced HC, how you could spin that any other way boggles the mind. How Cutler went from a QB most loved (the only complaints I heard last year, were his occasional outbursts and finger-pointing after games.. only saw this twice, and he is a young player), to a "complete douche" just amazes me.

Cutler was whiny? Yea, sure was. BMarsh acting like a pissy 12yo that wasn't picked for a game of flag football? Sure. Is there ways of DEALING with players like these? Yea, there is. The NFL is full of egocentric players, get used to it. EVERY TEAM has these players to some degree. The difference on those teams, is they have a fo and a HC that knows how to deal with these players.

I'm sure BMarsh didn't just decide to walk out and act like a jerk for the fun of it. Something goaded him into it. Still not a good decision, obviously, but why did he?

Why so many fans have unabashed love for a HC that hasn't proved a damn thing yet is puzzling. Do you REALLY expect the players to suck his left nut and have the utmost respect for the guy, simply because he has the HC job? You still need to earn the respect. Joining our team and lying out the gate doesn't help. Getting rid of liked players to replace with your own from your old team probably won't build a lot of trust.

Other teams have primadonas, trouble-makers, and immature younger guys. They handle it. We are not. There is a disconnect somewhere.

If we run every player out of town who has any sort of a "me" mentality, or an ego, or acts immature, we are going to suck as bad as the Lions. We need TALENT. Sometimes it come with baggage. He needs to learn to deal with it.

Willynowei
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Close....Female.

I don't know what I'm more appalled by, the way that self proclaimed Bronco fans are treating each other, or the repulsive manner of which some of the idiots on this thread are attacking a female poster.

I haven't got the time to read the whole thread and follow the argument but attacking the poster has nothing to do with the validity of your argument fellas. And even if it did, you don't do that; but you all know that, you're just taking the opportunity of posting behind a computer screen to say stupid ****.

RaiderH8r
08-28-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't think people think crap through. McD IS an inexperienced HC, how you could spin that any other way boggles the mind. How Cutler went from a QB most loved (the only complaints I heard last year, were his occasional outbursts and finger-pointing after games.. only saw this twice, and he is a young player), to a "complete douche" just amazes me.

Cutler was whiny? Yea, sure was. BMarsh acting like a pissy 12yo that wasn't picked for a game of flag football? Sure. Is there ways of DEALING with players like these? Yea, there is. The NFL is full of egocentric players, get used to it. EVERY TEAM has these players to some degree. The difference on those teams, is they have a fo and a HC that knows how to deal with these players.

I'm sure BMarsh didn't just decide to walk out and act like a jerk for the fun of it. Something goaded him into it. Still not a good decision, obviously, but why did he?

Why so many fans have unabashed love for a HC that hasn't proved a damn thing yet is puzzling. Do you REALLY expect the players to suck his left nut and have the utmost respect for the guy, simply because he has the HC job? You still need to earn the respect. Joining our team and lying out the gate doesn't help. Getting rid of liked players to replace with your own from your old team probably won't build a lot of trust.

Other teams have primadonas, trouble-makers, and immature younger guys. They handle it. We are not. There is a disconnect somewhere.

If we run every player out of town who has any sort of a "me" mentality, or an ego, or acts immature, we are going to suck as bad as the Lions. We need TALENT. Sometimes it come with baggage. He needs to learn to deal with it.

I'm telling you, McKid really knows how to get the most out of his players.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey Mock, Jiffy needs a spokesman. :wiggle:

only if Jiffy had the new "peanut Butter and Rum" jars. Hurry, somebody make up the labels on photo shop.

TailgateNut
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM

we are way beyond "any sort of", we've hit the virus stage. He's a cancerous wart and needs to be removed immediately. Either bench his ass for eternity, or send him packing to the Lions.

broncocalijohn
08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
McDip**** sure knows how to get the best production out of his players. Wow. Once Royal is a bonafide 100 catch receiver McKid will have him cleaning out urinal cakes just to prove to McKid that McKid is the Head Midget in Charge.

really? You pick one of top personality on this team that people favor and make some moronic post about our head coach cutting off his legs. Please show us all the problems, since college, that McDaniels was responsible for Flava Clowns personality and behavior? I have heard McDaniels repeatedly not answer a question that is "internal" and not for public consumption. If Royal catches 100 balls, it is based on his work ethic, his ability to read a new playbook, his talent and of course the QBs ability to get him the ball. Let us not forget that 100 catches probably means BM is no where in sight.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Come on blue! Cutler had his feelings hurt and if it was McDaniels wanting a lesser known player (like Cassel), then maybe there is a little truth in it. You would be arguing that McDaniels has more talent with someone raw or new than being able to keep someone like.......hmmmm........ Tom Brady happy and always improve or keep status quo with his talent. Unless I hear Belicheat saying that McDaniels approached him and wanted Brady out to get Cassel in before the injury, then I am with you. As for FC Marshall, what other options did the coach have? FC Marshall brought this on himself and thought he can push his weight around once he was top dog of the team when Cutler got his "wish" to be traded. Seems veterans like Stokely are having no problems with the coach and probably agrees with the suspension. Remember, Stokely is the one that had to stop FC BM from going "Look at me America" with his stupid Obama sign during the national televised game that would have got him fined and/or suspended.

I think a more-experienced HC could have and would have handled both the Cutler and Marshall situations better... with more finesse, diplomacy, and tact. Neither situation had to get this bad. IMHO. And that is on Cutler, Marshall and McDaniels/Bowlen/Xanders.

And the team will be diminished (less talent, particularly at QB) because of it.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Close....Female.

Nice... insults and sexism all in one thread....Ha!

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't know what I'm more appalled by, the way that self proclaimed Bronco fans are treating each other, or the repulsive manner of which some of the idiots on this thread are attacking a female poster.

I haven't got the time to read the whole thread and follow the argument but attacking the poster has nothing to do with the validity of your argument fellas. And even if it did, you don't do that; but you all know that, you're just taking the opportunity of posting behind a computer screen to say stupid ****.

It's pretty appalling with all the peanut butter references aimed toward Mock, too. He almost died and people now use it as smack toward him. Very unseemly... and on his birthday, no less. :nono:

lex
08-28-2009, 02:15 PM
we are way beyond "any sort of", we've hit the virus stage. He's a cancerous wart and needs to be removed immediately. Either bench his ass for eternity, or send him packing to the Lions.

...and the worst part is, the OM now has a cyst on its TailgateOvary.

Drek
08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
I think a more-experienced HC could have and would have handled both the Cutler and Marshall situations better... with more finesse, diplomacy, and tact. Neither situation had to get this bad. IMHO. And that is on Cutler, Marshall and McDaniels/Bowlen/Xanders.

And the team will be diminished (less talent, particularly at QB) because of it.

Thats great that you say that, but it takes a round of back and forth from anyone trying to discuss it with you for you to make this statement, yet you willingly chime in at every opportunity when you can assign blame of any sort to McDaniels.

Notice how that comes off as just a tad disingenuous? I mean, ignore the fact that you've publicly stated your hatred for all things Patriots including McDaniels. You claim you believe there was mutual blame in all these situations, yet you perpetually axe grind against only one side and its always the same side.

And you wonder why people jump on you the second you begin doing it in a new thread. People know what to expect at this point Blue. We've heard your song and dance about McDaniels before. We'll hear it again, we're sure of it. Its no different than Rev, Atlas, SoCal, or Buff. The lot of you can generally be pretty good posters, but you absolutely refuse to allow things like perspective and moving on factor in with regards to the new coach. Shanahan is gone. A young guy with a sterling resume from New England has taken over. Get over it or don't be surprised when your posts are met with derision.

Hell, Montrose made ONE ****ING COMMENT out of exuberance and love of this franchise in which he compared Kyle Orton to Tom Brady in some senses. He was hounded with it in thread after thread and it was treated like a punch line on this forum for a few weeks. Yet somehow those who continue to bitch repeatedly about **** from several months ago are the victims around here?

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Thats great that you say that, but it takes a round of back and forth from anyone trying to discuss it with you for you to make this statement, yet you willingly chime in at every opportunity when you can assign blame of any sort to McDaniels.

Notice how that comes off as just a tad disingenuous? I mean, ignore the fact that you've publicly stated your hatred for all things Patriots including McDaniels. You claim you believe there was mutual blame in all these situations, yet you perpetually axe grind against only one side and its always the same side.

And you wonder why people jump on you the second you begin doing it in a new thread. People know what to expect at this point Blue. We've heard your song and dance about McDaniels before. We'll hear it again, we're sure of it. Its no different than Rev, Atlas, SoCal, or Buff. The lot of you can generally be pretty good posters, but you absolutely refuse to allow things like perspective and moving on factor in with regards to the new coach. Shanahan is gone. A young guy with a sterling resume from New England has taken over. Get over it or don't be surprised when your posts are met with derision.

Hell, Montrose made ONE ****ING COMMENT out of exuberance and love of this franchise in which he compared Kyle Orton to Tom Brady in some senses. He was hounded with it in thread after thread and it was treated like a punch line on this forum for a few weeks. Yet somehow those who continue to b**** repeatedly about **** from several months ago are the victims around here?

Question for you, Drek... which of those named individuals who are responsible for the chaos... are still relevant to the Broncos? One could still include Marshall on the list, but let's face it, he's probably on his way out of town. So that leaves McDaniels/Bowlen/Xanders who are still relevant. So yes... I criticize the ones who are responsible and can still affect the Broncos. Jay Cutler is the Bears' problem. And Brandon Marshall will (most likely) soon be another team's problem. Does that clarify things at all?

I had nothing whatsoever to do with Montrose and do not believe I ever hounded him at all over anything. I challenge you to show me where I did.

Atlas
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM

Hell, Montrose made ONE ****ING COMMENT out of exuberance and love of this franchise in which he compared Kyle Orton to Tom Brady in some senses. He was hounded with it in thread after thread and it was treated like a punch line on this forum for a few weeks. Yet somehow those who continue to b**** repeatedly about **** from several months ago are the victims around here?

I have no clue what you are saying about Montrose. As perspective goes. I'm a Broncos' fan, but I'm not really a fan of this Broncos' team. So maybe I need to step away for awhile and see if my passion for them comes back. I don't know. To tell you the truth I'm not going to lose any sleep over not watching the Broncos this year. Is that a bad thing, I doubt it. Afterall, it's only football. So maybe the one thing this offseason has done for me it's freed me of my addiction to the Broncos. With that new doors will open I'm sure.

Popps
08-28-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm fairly sure it's an act, with her. I just don't that that kind of ignorance can be authentic.

Popps
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Hell, Montrose made ONE ****ING COMMENT out of exuberance and love of this franchise in which he compared Kyle Orton to Tom Brady in some senses. He was hounded with it in thread after thread and it was treated like a punch line on this forum for a few weeks.

That's the Mopey Mafia in full effect, baby!

Don't you dare root for this team with any sort of optimism.

Things are BAAAAAD!

Everything is bad.

Don't forget it.

http://itstrulyrandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/sadcat.jpg

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I have no clue what you are saying about Montrose. As perspective goes. I'm a Broncos' fan, but I'm not really a fan of this Broncos' team. So maybe I need to step away for awhile and see if my passion for them comes back. I don't know. To tell you the truth I'm not going to lose any sleep over not watching the Broncos this year. Is that a bad thing, I doubt it. Afterall, it's only football. So maybe the one thing this offseason has done for me it's freed me of my addiction to the Broncos. With that new doors will open I'm sure.

Yeah, supposedly I'm bashing McDaniels in every thread on the board... yet there are only 4 threads currently on Page One that I actually have posted on...and one of those is the Neck Pony thread. It's looking like perhaps a bit of exaggeration has occurred.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm fairly sure it's an act, with her. I just don't that that kind of ignorance can be authentic.

I don't believe you've ever been right about me or my personality even once in all the years we've been posting together here on the Mane, Popps. Ha!

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't have it all wrong.

no one wanted him

TonyR
08-28-2009, 06:14 PM
...but I'm not really a fan of this Broncos' team. So maybe I need to step away for awhile and see if my passion for them comes back. I don't know. To tell you the truth I'm not going to lose any sleep over not watching the Broncos this year. Is that a bad thing, I doubt it. Afterall, it's only football. So maybe the one thing this offseason has done for me it's freed me of my addiction to the Broncos. With that new doors will open I'm sure.

Assuming you're serious, I at least give you credit for admitting this. There are lot of others posting here regularly who need to come out of the closet along with you.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Because it's funny.

Orton isn't Brady. Orton doesn't look like Brady. Orton doesn't play like Brady. Orton doesn't throw like Brady. Orton isn't Brady.

But to make that comparison because you are so jazzed up about Training Camp starting and getting to see your team again...lol. That's some homer-tastic enthusiasm. It's endearing and goofy all in one. I'm going to keep doing it whenever the situation comes up because it really is all of us in a nutshell. We all have that moment every year where we believe we can win it all, don't we?

Hey-the D-Line got pressure in the last pre-season game. I know it's pre season but still...maybe this is our year!

It's a pervading phrase, like "Who is John Galt?" that can be used in many ways. To chide each other when we get a bit unrealistic about the team's chances. To sarcastically complain when the team screws up badly. To admit euphoria when something, magically, just goes our way.

You know that TD pass that Orton threw against Seattle. It was pretty good. Right on the money and he made a quick decision in the Red Zone. Orton looked all right. I'm just gonna come out and say it...he looked a little like Tom Brady out there. Just saying...

**** it man. Enjoy the ride. The good and the bad because there will be plenty of bad. Keep your Bronco hat on and keep your sense of humor ready-you're gonna need it.

Willynowei
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
It's pretty appalling with all the peanut butter references aimed toward Mock, too. He almost died and people now use it as smack toward him. Very unseemly... and on his birthday, no less. :nono:

I've had enough.

Its perfectly fine to have conflicting opinions but lately the amount of hostilities on this board have been unbelievable. I left the official Bronco forums seven/eight years ago because the comments there were too laden with pointless threads and personal attacks to warrant any real football related conversation.

Now, this place is worse. And to top it off, the guys at the center of all this are not teenagers like the ones on those forums, you've got guys who've watched football since before I was born acting like kids.

There's some kind of witch hunt going on every time I log on, finding people that think this or think that and then mocking them to drive them off the website. And no ones worried about voicing why they think the way they do, they're just trying to frustrate opposing posters with ****ed up insinuations and crude remarks.

Bronco fans are treating each other worse than they are Chief and Raider fans. At this point its clear that something is messed up, not with the team, not with McDaniels or Marshall, but with the people that post on this board.

Thanks Taco for the great site, I'm sure it will continue to flourish, and I wish all Bronco fans the best.

TheDave
08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
That's the Mopey Mafia in full effect, baby!

Don't you dare root for this team with any sort of optimism.

Things are BAAAAAD!

Everything is bad.

Don't forget it.

http://itstrulyrandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/sadcat.jpg

Actually, that's mostly me. I rode that one like a rented mule after Orton threw 3 picks. Fact is, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say, and where I come from guys give each other **** for saying dumb stuff.

Not exactly sure when this place got so damn sensitive.

Drek
08-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Question for you, Drek... which of those named individuals who are responsible for the chaos... are still relevant to the Broncos? One could still include Marshall on the list, but let's face it, he's probably on his way out of town. So that leaves McDaniels/Bowlen/Xanders who are still relevant. So yes... I criticize the ones who are responsible and can still affect the Broncos. Jay Cutler is the Bears' problem. And Brandon Marshall will (most likely) soon be another team's problem. Does that clarify things at all?

I had nothing whatsoever to do with Montrose and do not believe I ever hounded him at all over anything. I challenge you to show me where I did.

Please. You've been singing the same song and dance about McDaniels since the day he was hired. Before we moved Cutler, after we traded him, before this **** with Marshall, and you'll be doing it long after that as well.

You've got an axe to grind. You've had it since Bowlen got rid of a guy who was stealing his money and giving half-assed effort (Mike Shanahan) and brought in someone who still had a passion for winning football. Why? Because that guy just so happened to be an assistant in the most successful football organization since the Walsh lead 49ers.

You can try and find excuses but on this you are a one topic voter and you've tried to cast that same ballot so many times that the entire board knows where you stand.

As for Montrose, I doubt he did. You do at least have class when it comes to fellow posters on here. But to then act like somehow speaking ill of our new management is the oppressed view on here? Thats just about the most obtuse thing I've heard on this board in a long time. You feel like that because you run out the same tired arguments every single chance you get, and now pretty much everyone knows what side of the fence you are on.

Yeah, supposedly I'm bashing McDaniels in every thread on the board... yet there are only 4 threads currently on Page One that I actually have posted on...and one of those is the Neck Pony thread. It's looking like perhaps a bit of exaggeration has occurred.

Blue, you really want to go down that road? I'll start pulling up threads about your Pats hate from when McDaniels first interviewed if you want. Or the multiple threads where you ranted like a lunatic about how he was hijacking our team and turning it into Patriots West.

Maybe you've never had a debate on a forum with someone who actually can remember past what they had for lunch. Me? I happen to have pretty capable powers of recollection. I don't throw people's explicit quotes back in their face or dig up old threads because its impolite and childish. But when you start trying to play the martyr? That level of two faced bull**** deserves it. So just say so. If you really think your posting history can withstand someone digging up old threads and show you to be an impartial judge of this new regime then I'll start providing you some choice quotes you can explain the impartiality thereof.

Because it's funny.

Orton isn't Brady. Orton doesn't look like Brady. Orton doesn't play like Brady. Orton doesn't throw like Brady. Orton isn't Brady.

But to make that comparison because you are so jazzed up about Training Camp starting and getting to see your team again...lol. That's some homer-tastic enthusiasm. It's endearing and goofy all in one. I'm going to keep doing it whenever the situation comes up because it really is all of us in a nutshell. We all have that moment every year where we believe we can win it all, don't we?
In the sense that we can all get swept up in some waves of excitement for a team we enjoy? Sure, no harm there. But when it becomes a punch line in a thread where the guy said he was stepping away from the forum? ****, at least let the people who enjoyed all the hours he spent typing camp reports give him a send off without trying to throw that back in his face.

While the Foneco **** got played out it was always meant in jest. The level of venomous aggression some people level at anyone who shows any excitement or hope for the '09 Broncos is just flat out sickening.

This board has taken a serious step back in the general amount of class and decorum shown to other posters over this off-season. Its disgusting and it makes this place a worthless cesspool no better than what ESPN offers. I don't get that wound up over the Broncos, football, sports, or basically anything in general. But a lack of class and decency towards other people, even (especially?) if done behind the veil of anonymity provided by an internet connection? That just outright disgusts me and takes all humor out of the debate. Montrose is one example of people going overboard with ****. There are dozens of others where people have let what should be a good natured debate come to personal insults and verbal attacks.

In short this board is becoming overrun with two conflicting armies of dickhead zombies and as a result the reason I always came here before (enjoyable football discussion) no longer exists within these confines. I'm honestly about done with it.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 08:09 PM
In short this board is becoming overrun with two conflicting armies of dickhead zombies and as a result the reason I always came here before (enjoyable football discussion) no longer exists within these confines. I'm honestly about done with it.

I can understand that. Have you tried the KFFL Broncos board? It's not very active but there is a good group of posters over there and things rarely get out of hand. The off season is really, really slow over there-lol. I was on that board before this one and just couldn't handle how slow it would get over there in the off season. I still lurk and occasionally post:

http://forums.kffl.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not trying to run you off. I still use both.

lostknight
08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I am shocked that anyone finds this surprising. Marshall was very quick to get the meeting contents - including Mr. Bowlen's remark that Brandon could pick what he wanted - on the record. The fact that the team P.R staff then told people not to say that they were happy for Brandon when he was aquitted, and the misdiagnosis of his injury - when a similar misdiagnosis cost Al Wilson his career - makes for a pissed of W.R.

Look anyone can read between the lines the night Darrent was killed to realize that he is cut from the same cloth as Walker, TO and a whole universe of other Wide Receivers who are phenomenally good at self destructing.

But we also have a front office that is insistent on picking a fight. Everyone here would have agreed a month ago that he deserved a contract extension. Now he finds himself sitting on the sideline, just waiting on another McDonald's bag. Gas Leak meet Open Flame.

Atlas
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Assuming you're serious, I at least give you credit for admitting this. There are lot of others posting here regularly who need to come out of the closet along with you.

Yeah I'm serious... I think I'm done.

Blueflame
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Please. You've been singing the same song and dance about McDaniels since the day he was hired. Before we moved Cutler, after we traded him, before this **** with Marshall, and you'll be doing it long after that as well.

You've got an axe to grind. You've had it since Bowlen got rid of a guy who was stealing his money and giving half-assed effort (Mike Shanahan) and brought in someone who still had a passion for winning football. Why? Because that guy just so happened to be an assistant in the most successful football organization since the Walsh lead 49ers.

You can try and find excuses but on this you are a one topic voter and you've tried to cast that same ballot so many times that the entire board knows where you stand.

As for Montrose, I doubt he did. You do at least have class when it comes to fellow posters on here. But to then act like somehow speaking ill of our new management is the oppressed view on here? Thats just about the most obtuse thing I've heard on this board in a long time. You feel like that because you run out the same tired arguments every single chance you get, and now pretty much everyone knows what side of the fence you are on.

Blue, you really want to go down that road? I'll start pulling up threads about your Pats hate from when McDaniels first interviewed if you want. Or the multiple threads where you ranted like a lunatic about how he was hijacking our team and turning it into Patriots West.

Fine. I apologize for none of my anti-Patriot sentiment. However. I never attacked Montrose for his optimism. In fact, I applaud that and would challenge anyone who said he didn't have a right to express his positive opinions (or told him to leave the Mane for posting them). And I do not believe that he "deserves" to suffer personal attacks because of posting that opinion.

Maybe you've never had a debate on a forum with someone who actually can remember past what they had for lunch. Me? I happen to have pretty capable powers of recollection. I don't throw people's explicit quotes back in their face or dig up old threads because its impolite and childish. But when you start trying to play the martyr? That level of two faced bull**** deserves it. So just say so. If you really think your posting history can withstand someone digging up old threads and show you to be an impartial judge of this new regime then I'll start providing you some choice quotes you can explain the impartiality thereof.
Please show me where I ever claimed to be "impartial"... I didn't. I said I didn't personally attack Montrose.

In the sense that we can all get swept up in some waves of excitement for a team we enjoy? Sure, no harm there. But when it becomes a punch line in a thread where the guy said he was stepping away from the forum? ****, at least let the people who enjoyed all the hours he spent typing camp reports give him a send off without trying to throw that back in his face.

While the Foneco **** got played out it was always meant in jest. The level of venomous aggression some people level at anyone who shows any excitement or hope for the '09 Broncos is just flat out sickening.

This board has taken a serious step back in the general amount of class and decorum shown to other posters over this off-season. Its disgusting and it makes this place a worthless cesspool no better than what ESPN offers. I don't get that wound up over the Broncos, football, sports, or basically anything in general. But a lack of class and decency towards other people, even (especially?) if done behind the veil of anonymity provided by an internet connection? That just outright disgusts me and takes all humor out of the debate. Montrose is one example of people going overboard with ****. There are dozens of others where people have let what should be a good natured debate come to personal insults and verbal attacks.

My stance is that both sides need to show more tolerance of opinions that differ from their own. Personal attacks (like some of them in this quoted post) are not warranted... posters do not "deserve" to be attacked simply because they see things differently. Your earlier post flat-out stated that you believe I "deserved" to have my intelligence questioned and/or be called a "retard" or worse for no other reason than "I expressed an opinion that called into question McDaniels' competence to do the job of an NFL HC"....

Personal attacks are... IMHO... the last resort of a poster who can no longer argue the issues at hand.

lex
08-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Fine. I apologize for none of my anti-Patriot sentiment. However. I never attacked Montrose for his optimism. In fact, I applaud that and would challenge anyone who said he didn't have a right to express his positive opinions (or told him to leave the Mane for posting them). And I do not believe that he "deserves" to suffer personal attacks because of posting that opinion.

Please show me where I ever claimed to be "impartial"... I didn't. I said I didn't personally attack Montrose.

My stance is that both sides need to show more tolerance of opinions that differ from their own. Personal attacks (like some of them in this quoted post) are not warranted... posters do not "deserve" to be attacked simply because they see things differently. Your earlier post flat-out stated that you believe I "deserved" to have my intelligence questioned and/or be called a "retard" or worse for no other reason than "I expressed an opinion that called into question McDaniels' competence to do the job of an NFL HC"....

Personal attacks are... IMHO... the last resort of a poster who can no longer argue the issues at hand.

You shouldnt apologize for your steadfast opposition to all things New England. While some are blasting you for it, it also needs to be pointed out that there are those like LLLang and TonyR who are awash with unabashed Patriot worship. A lot of their success has been tainted and many seem to have forgotten this.

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 12:17 AM
You shouldnt apologize for your steadfast opposition to all things New England. While some are blasting you for it, it also needs to be pointed out that there are those like LLLang and TonyR who are awash with unabashed Patriot worship. A lot of their success has been tainted and many seem to have forgotten this.

I could really do without little Bill jr hoodie. Its gay, no other coach does it and the hoodie doesn't give BB powers. I want our coach to find his own thing.

Blueflame
08-29-2009, 12:18 AM

Anyone who believes I'm the only football fan in existence who intensely dislikes the New England Cheatriots really should click on my sig image...

Belicheat and his staff intentionally and knowingly chose to break league rules... hence it's on them; not me... that I lost all respect for them. And eight months ago, worshipping Belicheat and the Patriots was not a prerequisite for being a "good Bronco fan".... as it apparently is now.

ScottXray
08-29-2009, 12:18 AM

I have to agree with this statement. Feelings have gotten so hot around here
that we have good posters leaving the board for other regions and sites.

Why? Because the constant bickering around here this season IS getting hard to take. And there are lines being crossed that shouldn't be.

Its sad, because we are (most of us ) passionate about being Bronco fans.

And there is no Right , no Wrong position , just different opinions, but many are carrying out increasingly vindictive and objectionable flame wars. It seems like many, if not most, threads end up in personal diatribes between one or two posters. The constant sniping is tiresome.

I don't relish the idea, but maybe its time to tone down the personal attacks with some bans or something, if people keep making personal attacks in threads. On the internet, everyone has too much of a tendency to act like BM..

TJ has never been one to hand out bans lightly, and I can see why...it eventually drives people away if used too often. A middle ground might be needed for a while though.

Blueflame
08-29-2009, 12:26 AM

Why? Because the constant bickering around here this season IS getting hard to take. And there are lines being crossed that shouldn't be.

And there is no Right , no Wrong position , just different opinions, but many are carrying out increasingly vindictive and objectionable flame wars. It seems like many, if not most, threads end up in personal diatribes between one or two posters. The constant sniping is tiresome.

I don't relish the idea, but maybe its time to tone down the personal attacks with some bans or something, if people keep making personal attacks in threads. On the internet, everyone has too much of a tendency to act like BM..

TJ has never been one to hand out bans lightly, and I can see why...it eventually drives people away if used too often. A middle ground might be needed for a while though.

Differences of opinion exist on all Broncos forums I've visited this year.... it's just a trying time for the Broncos fanbase. And that's not TJ's fault... or any other Bronco forum admin's fault... the chaos begins and ends with the Broncos PTB (powers that be)... and until stability is achieved in the franchise, it won't happen in the fanbase.

DBroncos4life
08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Anyone who believes I'm the only football fan in existence who intensely dislikes the New England Cheatriots really should click on my sig image...

Belicheat and his staff intentionally and knowingly chose to break league rules... hence it's on them; not me... that I lost all respect for them. And eight months ago, worshipping Belicheat and the Patriots was not a prerequisite for being a "good Bronco fan".... as it apparently is now.

My best friends wife is a Broncos fan and he is a Pats fan. She taught his son to call the Pats the cheaters. Its awesome.

Blueflame
08-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I've had enough.

Its perfectly fine to have conflicting opinions but lately the amount of hostilities on this board have been unbelievable. I left the official Bronco forums seven/eight years ago because the comments there were too laden with pointless threads and personal attacks to warrant any real football related conversation.

Now, this place is worse. And to top it off, the guys at the center of all this are not teenagers like the ones on those forums, you've got guys who've watched football since before I was born acting like kids.

There's some kind of witch hunt going on every time I log on, finding people that think this or think that and then mocking them to drive them off the website. And no ones worried about voicing why they think the way they do, they're just trying to frustrate opposing posters with ****ed up insinuations and crude remarks.

Bronco fans are treating each other worse than they are Chief and Raider fans. At this point its clear that something is messed up, not with the team, not with McDaniels or Marshall, but with the people that post on this board.

Thanks Taco for the great site, I'm sure it will continue to flourish, and I wish all Bronco fans the best.

Hopefully you just need a "breather"... and will be back soon.

broncocalijohn
08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
destructing.

But we also have a front office that is insistent on picking a fight. Everyone here would have agreed a month ago that he deserved a contract extension. Now he finds himself sitting on the sideline, just waiting on another McDonald's bag. Gas Leak meet Open Flame.

everyone? We didnt know his status on his court case and his threats so no, not everyone was on board for an automatic contract extension. BM did not do it correctly and now it cost him now and in the future.

baja
08-29-2009, 07:01 AM
I tried to read this thread but I kept nodding off and it's 7 AM.

Is there a nice fancy word for saying the same thing over and over again?

The Joker
08-29-2009, 07:06 AM
I tried to read this thread but I kept nodding off and it's 7 AM.

Is there a nice fancy word for saying the same thing over and over again?

Repetition.

OABB
08-29-2009, 07:15 AM
**** all of you. **** you blue. **** you popps. **** you rev(there you made a list you ****ing narcissist). **** you tsiguy(just shut the **** up already). **** you watermock, you crazy glue-sniffing nutjob. **** dortoh and hotrod and capn snuggie.

Shut.

The.

Up.

Already!

TheDave
08-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Bronco fans are so spoiled it's pathetic... We've had one bad season in 10 years and that was imediately following back to back superbowls. Those of you that think this board is tough now, have no idea how brutal things are going to get if we struggle to a 6-10 record like some of us think.

My guess is by mid season their will be a day or two when their are more self rightious "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads than their are football takes.

baja
08-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Repetition.

That's a boring common word, I want a fancy word,

Newver mind I'll do it myself

I got it;

staccato (sorta works)

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 07:58 AM
. . . . . .
He didn't call him out in front of anyone else.

He didn't say "you'll get traded".

He didn't say " he doesn't know the playbook." The player did.

He didn't take the issue to the press, despite the press hoping he will. . . . . . ..

No, no. The FO and coaches have "demonized" Marshall in the press. They hired the local CBS affiliate for god's sake to film Marshall exclusively during warmups - it was like an anti-infomercial kind of deal. A "demonmercial", so to speak. :D

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 08:54 AM

Well, this has always been the most contentious of the boards. Just brutal at times, really brutal. Mock has been one of the worst, and he can take care of himself. Hell, the first reply to one of my posts on this board was from Mock, and he said, "I'd like to cap you off."

There's always the ignore feature if you want to take a break from those who irritate you no end. This is still the best board, but you need a thick skin, or don't mind retaliating in kind, or just use the ignore feature.

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Bronco fans are so spoiled it's pathetic... We've had one bad season in 10 years and that was imediately following back to back superbowls. Those of you that think this board is tough now, have no idea how brutal things are going to get if we struggle to a 6-10 record like some of us think.

My guess is by mid season their will be a day or two when their are more self rightious "I'm taking my ball and going home" threads than their are football takes.

If we hit 6-10, I'll be pretty impressed. 2 weeks till weight gain thread ^5

~Crash~
08-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Well, this has always been the most contentious of the boards. Just brutal at times, really brutal. Mock has been one of the worst, and he can take care of himself. Hell, the first reply to one of my posts on this board was from Mock, and he said, "I'd like to cap you off."

There's always the ignore feature if you want to take a break from those who irritate you no end. This is still the best board, but you need a thick skin, or don't mind retaliating in kind, or just use the ignore feature.

I agree I have put plenty on IGGY for driving me crazzy but not one in here now... it is a nice feature . I bet I am iggy all the time thats alright I say **** people don't want to hear at times .

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 09:48 AM

That's gonna be the case no matter the record. This is just a very brutal board, period.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree I have put plenty on IGGY for driving me crazzy but not one in here now... it is a nice feature . I bet I am iggy all the time thats alright I say **** people don't want to hear at times .

Oleg, you are the greatest, man. I'd never iggy you.

ScottXray
08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I know about iggy. don't use it much cause it disrupts the flow of threads....and anyone that quotes the Iggy'd person leaves you with their comments anyway.

And if a thread starts out right away with something that is of little interest
I just don't read it.

Lately too many threads end up getting jacked by 1-2 or 3 people that want to continue their on-going vendettas or battles. A mention in one thread of something in another brings in the other poster to reply and then you have 2 threads where the same stupid argument is going on. And on and on.

No one cares anymore what the facts are...as long as they can say " I was RIGHT....and I told everyone this would happen."

Oh well. All this hate and venom over a fricking GAME. Thank god football isn't a full fledged religion.....we could then carry some of this crap over into ......

HOLY WAR!

Then we could have the inquisition...Heretics and Lutherans, witch hunts, the whole nine yards....burning at the stake....

And there still wouldn't be Right or Wrong....

just survivors.

Bronx33
08-29-2009, 11:04 AM
It's in both parties interests that brandon get on the field to prove himself his trade value is shot at this point and needs to be fixed so the ball is is brandons court ( end of story)

baja
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Oleg, you are the greatest, man. I'd never iggy you.

Nah brutal was the old DPO....

listopencil
08-29-2009, 11:20 AM
HOLY WAR!

Then we could have the inquisition...Heretics and Lutherans, witch hunts, the whole nine yards....burning at the stake....

And there still wouldn't be Right or Wrong....

just survivors.

Let's get this **** rolling.

I am officially breaking off from Bronco nation. I am creating a schism and splintering into my own denomination, sect, branch...whatever you want to call it. So far I'm going to call it the Defensive Line First Mentality. We here at DLFM believe that the Broncos will only go as far as a good Defense will carry them and, therefore, feel that the Defensive Line should be addressed before any other needs on the team. That means that I will whine/b****/pout/piss/moan whenever any player or coach is brought in that does not immediately improve the D-Line. I have spoken.

baja
08-29-2009, 11:22 AM
No, you have typed

listopencil
08-29-2009, 11:24 AM
No, you have typed

Heretic.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Nah brutal was the old DPO....

Well, it was a segue into this. TJ posted on the old DPO before he started this, right?

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Let's get this **** rolling.

I am officially breaking off from Bronco nation. I am creating a schism and splintering into my own denomination, sect, branch...whatever you want to call it. So far I'm going to call it the Defensive Line First Mentality. We here at DLFM believe that the Broncos will only go as far as a good Defense will carry them and, therefore, feel that the Defensive Line should be addressed before any other needs on the team. That means that I will whine/b****/pout/piss/moan whenever any player or coach is brought in that does not immediately improve the D-Line. I have spoken.

You suck.

listopencil
08-29-2009, 11:33 AM
You suck.

This is serious business. If you can't handle the heat go join the Unitarians, son.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
This is serious business. If you can't handle the heat go join the Unitarians, son.

I don't need no stinking Unitarians. What are Unitarians? Never mind, I don't need no stinking Unitarians.

barryr
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
One is now seeing why Marshall was not drafted higher when he was in the NFL draft. His character was a question mark and unfortunately, he refuses to grow up and act like a man. Teams don't win anything with players like that. I want his childish ass gone. He'll just be a pouter and not play hard all year.

listopencil
08-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't need no stinking Unitarians. What are Unitarians? Never mind, I don't need no stinking Unitarians.

Well then say three Hail Trevor's and spit on the feet of a prima donna WR so that all may be forgiven.

baja
08-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Well, it was a segue into this. TJ posted on the old DPO before he started this, right?

Right, he was a big supporter of the DC back then forgot his name.

listopencil
08-29-2009, 11:46 AM
By the way, if you don't know how to say a "Hail Trevor" it goes like this:

Hail Trevor, full of pain.
Our D Coord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among linemen,
and blessed is the fruit of thy labor, Sacks.
Holy Crap, look at his first step,
he requires double teaming,
now and at the hour of our game.
Anon.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Well then say three Hail Trevor's and spit on the feet of a prima donna WR so that all may be forgiven.

All those rituals give me the creeps. Can I just spit on everything? That's kind of a ritual, right?

listopencil
08-29-2009, 12:06 PM
All those rituals give me the creeps. Can I just spit on everything? That's kind of a ritual, right?

Sure, but you have to be yelling when you do it so you look like a fierce D-Lineman.

TheReverend
08-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Sure, but you have to be yelling when you do it so you look like a fierce D-Lineman.

http://upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/October_2008/crazyblack.gif

listopencil
08-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Exactly, Rev. Just like that.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2009, 12:36 PM

I'm more of the silent, spitting type. Is there a place for me?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-29-2009, 01:21 PM

Just so we're crystal clear on this...

If you support the new regime -- and by "support" I mean "are willing to give them until the games actually mean something before finding a bus to throw them under -- you're a "Patriot worshiper"?

Is that right?

And you're, what, a freedom fighter for Broncos Nation? Give me a ****ing break.

Just because you're constantly bitching and moaning doesn't make you better than anyone. It just makes you a bitch who moans.

listopencil
08-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm more of the silent, spitting type. Is there a place for me?

Yeah, but you're gonna have to say the Hail Trevor's in your head then.

SoCalBronco
08-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Close....Female.

I hope you have packed some sunscreen and hawaiian shirts because you're going on vacation.

Enjoy your time off....perhaps it will give you ample oppurtunity to think about what you said.

Northman
08-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Its only words. Blue is stronger than that anyway and since its not insulting any familiar members there really isnt much that can be done.

broncogary
08-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I hope you have packed some sunscreen and hawaiian shirts because you're going on vacation.

Enjoy your time off....perhaps it will give you ample oppurtunity to think about what you said.

Ha, that was really weak. ???

azbroncfan
08-29-2009, 08:02 PM
That means it's PRACTICE MAN.

NOT EVEN PRESEASON.

PRACTICE, MAN.

dumbass

Peanut butter MAN, peanut butter. BTW go root for the Vikings your anti bronco sh$t is getting old.

watermock
08-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Actually, I like Atlanta this year.

Eat some meat!

listopencil
08-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Actually, I like Atlanta this year.

Eat some meat!

did you watch the game tonight? ATL's backup QB looked really good. Redman?

rastaman
08-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Differences of opinion exist on all Broncos forums I've visited this year.... it's just a trying time for the Broncos fanbase. And that's not TJ's fault... or any other Bronco forum admin's fault... the chaos begins and ends with the Broncos PTB (powers that be)... and until stability is achieved in the franchise, it won't happen in the fanbase.

Great points. We as fans must remember that Winning Cures Everything. With stability comes winning or with winning comes stability.

Vegas_Bronco
08-29-2009, 10:18 PM
So....has someone figured out how much Brandon nets from his contract - what is his take home after the 2.2 mil - I'm dying to know. His stats aren't going to get better wit this team - no way - no way - no way in hell.

DrFate
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Griese.

Point

:)

DrFate
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
When will the hatred stop? If you aren't drinking the Kool Aid the fan police whip out the riot gear and call you names, insult your intelligence, etc.

If you feel that everything the 'new' Broncos have done is brilliant and unerring - make your case. You don't need to resort to personal attacks on posters who disagree. Nothing bothers me more in this forum than the 'You don't agree with me? You must be a stupid ****'.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Osi Umenyiora went AWOL for the Giants this afternoon.

Umenyiora misses Giants practice
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora missed practice Monday without giving Giants coach Tom Coughlin an explanation.

Umenyiora, who missed all of last season with a knee injury, attended meetings in the morning at the team's headquarters. However, he left unexpectedly without talking to Coughlin and didn't return for the workout.

NFC East blog

Mosley ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

A league source confirmed a Newark Star-Ledger report to ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that Umenyiora skipped practice after getting into a dispute with new defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan. Sheridan, the former linebackers coach who replaced Steve Spagnuolo as coordinator, reportedly criticized Umenyiora for making a mistake in Saturday's game against the Jets.

Earlier Monday, Coughlin said: "We will have to talk to him when he gets back. Obviously he is not here, so I am concerned."

Later Monday night, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Umenyiora had spoken to Coughlin and will return to the team on Tuesday.

New York general manager Jerry Reese sent a text message to Umenyiora to ask him if he was all right. Umenyiora responded that he was, but didn't explain why he left.

The absence will be considered unexcused, so Umenyiora likely will be fined.

"There must have been something of a personal nature, and he left," Coughlin had said before speaking to Umenyiora. "I haven't personally talked to him. He did respond to Jerry, evidently by text. That's all I have. I haven't seen him, so I can't tell you."

After missing the last two preseason games with a sore foot, middle linebacker Antonio Pierce returned to practice on Monday.

Starting left guard David Diehl did not practice because of soreness in his kneecap. He will not play against the New England Patriots on Thursday in the preseason finale.

Also missing practice were safety Kenny Phillips (sore knee), cornerback Aaron Ross (hamstring), halfback Danny Ware (ribs), receiver David Tyree (hamstring) and defensive tackle Chris Canty (hamstring).

Backup offensive tackle Guy Whimper, who was filling in for Diehl, had to leave practice with a hip flexor after colliding with halfback Brandon Jacobs. Free agent offensive lineman Andrew Carnahan twisted a knee.

Coughlin did not know the extent of their injuries.

Matt Mosley covers the NFC East for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4435200

;)

HAT
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Worst....Ban....Ever.

broncogary
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Worst....Ban....Ever.

Yes, I thought it was pretty weak. SoCal was getting just a little bit too emotional.

Man-Goblin
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Wait, Brandon Marshall asked for a trade?

HAT
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Haha...I meant mine bg. I typed a two word post that was deemed "extremely sexist".

It was clearly personal though b/c I've seen plenty of people insult said Mod with much more derogatory posts and slide.

Bans are retarded anyway for anything short of outright spamming and blatant TOS violations. Everything else is just subjective. People just ghost while banned anyway.

Whatever....that's life on the internetz.

GO BRONCOS!

broncogary
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Haha...I meant mine bg. I typed a two word post that was deemed "extremely sexist".

It was clearly personal though b/c I've seen plenty of people insult said Mod with much more derogatory posts and slide.

Bans are retarded anyway for anything short of outright spamming and blatant TOS violations. Everything else is just subjective. People just ghost while banned anyway.

GO BRONCOS!

I was referring to your ban. SoCal was the one who banned you.

Eldorado
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Brandon got banned? Can they do that?

HAT
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Gotcha....Life goes on.

broncogary
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Brandon got banned? Can they do that?

I would say he could get banned for smacking a woman, but that might get me banned. :D

thinkin101
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM

GO BRONCOS!

The mods here blow away the ones on the Broncos website. There a joke.

broncocalijohn
09-29-2009, 10:53 PM

GO BRONCOS!

i thought it was funny and SoCal is way senstive right now as he and Blue arent looking too good after 3 weeks. If she wasnt a mod, you probably wouldnt have been banned. Way to politically correct and I wonder if Blue thought it was a comment to ban you on or all on SoCal. How long was it? A full month? Weak. Trust me hat that bans come based on who you are. I got banned for a week for something that was never mentioned previously but when a certain high profile and contributor did the same thing.... nothing. Welcome back!

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 01:42 AM

GO BRONCOS!

"Said mod" would have wielded the ban hammer in a heartbeat if the Moose guy had aimed "b*tch" or "wh*re" at Sassy or STG or Gunns...or any other female poster on this forum...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2009, 06:52 AM
"Said mod" would have wielded the ban hammer in a heartbeat if the Moose guy had aimed "b*tch" or "wh*re" at Sassy or STG or Gunns...or any other female poster on this forum...

Just can't let it go, can you?

Grow up.

jhns
09-30-2009, 06:55 AM

Grow up.

LOL

Just thought it was funny seeing this guy tell others to grow up. Good one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2009, 06:56 AM
LOL

Just thought it was funny seeing this guy tell others to grow up. Good one.

LOL!

It sure is! Know why? Because I apologized for what she's (still) complaining about two days ago, and she brings it up in yet ANOTHER thread.

it's childish. And she's a mod? Shameful.

jhns
09-30-2009, 07:00 AM
LOL!

It sure is! Know why? Because I apologized for what she's (still) complaining about two days ago, and she brings it up in yet ANOTHER thread.

it's childish. And she's a mod? Shameful.

Oh she may need to grow up, I just thought it was funny that you were the one telling her to. It would be the same as me telling someone to grow up.

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Grow up.

Look. The names you called me were unacceptable and way out of line. The fact that you chose to "go there" and now obviously still think it was OK speaks volumes about you. Furthermore... that was no "apology" and we both know it.

It's you who needs to grow up... most people get beyond namecalling by the time they reach junior high school.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I thought the only bannable female bash was the "c" word?

oubronco
09-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Look. The names you called me were unacceptable and way out of line. The fact that you chose to "go there" and now obviously still think it was OK speaks volumes about you. Furthermore... that was no "apology" and we both know it.

It's you who needs to grow up... most people get beyond namecalling by the time they reach junior high school.

I didn't do anything but I will say it " Blue I'm Sorry" now can we all just squash it

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2009, 12:00 PM

So you're refusing to accept my apology? Most people get beyond holding grudges in junior high school too. Perhaps you skipped that part of your development.

Definitely keep crying about it. In fact, bring it up in every thread you can find! I'm sure that won't get old. Just like complaining about the Patriot Way being brought to Denver (on every single thread) never got old.

I'd love to squash it. I tried to squash it. And yet here it is, on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THREAD, being brought up again by someone who can't let it die.

It's squashed for me. We'll see if it's squashed for everyone.

crush17
09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Blueflame being a mod here is, in MY opinion, wrong.

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 12:04 PM

The "c-word" is also unacceptable and would instantly result in a vacation.

baja
09-30-2009, 12:06 PM

<b>It's you who needs to grow up... most people get beyond namecalling by the time they reach junior high school.

Are you calling me a HS drop out???

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM

You'd think so, but no. Popps has used that word on me and several others numerous times. Once he called footsteps a c*** three times in one post. I complained to mods, but nothing. Maybe only if you say it to females ???

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM

No **** sherlock, Ive already had my vacation.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM
You'd think so, but no. Popps has used that word on me and several others numerous times. Once he called footsteps a c*** three times in one post. I complained to mods, but nothing. Maybe only if you say it to females ???

Only females.

They want equal rights AND want special treatment. Go figure.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 12:19 PM

Blueflame that's not true. I have specifically pointed out several instances of the "c-word" from Popps, and nothing.

Maybe a warning first ... that seems reasonable.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Only females.

They want equal rights AND want special treatment. Go figure.

Oh no you dit'int!

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Blueflame that's not true. I have specifically pointed out several instances of the "c-word" from Popps, and nothing.

Maybe a warning first ... that seems reasonable.

I didn't see that exchange, Buff... but I'll state on the record right now that it's unacceptable and will be dealt with.

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 12:23 PM
This thread sucks

HAT
09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Only females.

Careful Alec....You are getting close to ban material with the above. :rofl:

(See post #110 for which I served 30 days)

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I didn't see that exchange, Buff... but I'll state on the record right now that it's unacceptable and will be dealt with.

Are bans made public?

Because I haven't seen my buddy Pudding Boy for several days now ... ???

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Are bans made public?

Because I haven't seen my buddy Pudding Boy for several days now ... ???

If the little "rep" icon in the lower left corner of a post is gone... then that poster is on vacation....

Garcia Bronco
09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
HEY!

Leave the mods alone. It's a service they provide for free. It's not a paid position. It's not easy and enagae in discussion on the board. If they ask you to stop being an ass regardless over whether you've gotten too big for your britches, just do it. For the love of Pete.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2009, 12:39 PM
HEY!

Leave the mods alone. It's a service they provide for free. It's not a paid position. It's not easy and enagae in discussion on the board. If they ask you to stop being an ass regardless over whether you've gotten too big for your britches, just do it. For the love of Pete.....

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/8cef7996a92bb2b5ca9cd06ec895d46e.jpg

Blueflame
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
HEY!

Well said. Thank you, Garcia. It's not so difficult to understand, really. Just treat others the way you'd like to be treated and the vast majority of the time all will remain peaceful. And interact with the ladies the way you'd want others to interact with your mother if she were on this messageboard.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
If the little "rep" icon in the lower left corner of a post is gone... then that poster is on vacation....
a-HA!

Back to the thread, I have been very impressed with the way Josh has handled the Marshall situation. Looking back, Maybe the reason he forced so many balls to Brandon against Cincy, despite the fact he didn't seem in game form, was to make him feel wanted.

Whatever Josh has done, the Marshall situation seems to have been pulled outta the fire. As bad as I've criticized his GM performance, you gotta give Josh credit for this.

Garcia Bronco
09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Well said. Thank you, Garcia. It's not so difficult to understand, really. Just treat others the way you'd like to be treated and the vast majority of the time all will remain peaceful. And interact with the ladies the way you'd want others to interact with your mother if she were on this messageboard.

Exactly

Garcia Bronco
09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=ThatOneDenverMooseGuy;2576658][QUOTE]

Look at it this way. I could be your moderator. You don't want that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2009, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=ThatOneDenverMooseGuy;2576658][QUOTE]

Look at it this way. I could be your moderator. You don't want that.

I don't really care one way or the other, but...

Ah, hell, I'm over it. Have been for some time now. Was just kidding with the Crocker photo.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
HEY!

I agree to a point but at the same time you have to know when you take a mod position there will be people talking about you, if you dont like that dont take the position.

To me if I were a mod it would take ALOT for me to ban someone but I guess I have thick skin and believe that most are entitles to their own thoughts.

Garcia Bronco
09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Garcia Bronco;2576674][QUOTE=ThatOneDenverMooseGuy;2576658]

I don't really care one way or the other, but...

Ah, hell, I'm over it. Have been for some time now. Was just kidding with the Crocker photo.

We'll I used to be a moderator here...they threw me out because I was too effing mean.

:D

broncswin
09-30-2009, 12:57 PM
So if the "c" word is so bad, then I don't think we should be able to use the "D" word either...or is that already a "vaca" word?

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Douche?

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Douche?

Lets find out. You my friend are a douche.

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Post and run? You ****ing douche.

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Post and run????

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh, I see. Invisible mode. Douche move.

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh, I see. Invisible mode. Douche move.

I can't find how to change that setting do you know douchebag?

Irish Stout
09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
this thread has turned AWESOME! I called a girl the C word once. Her name was Jay Cu_tler. She was a pouty biatch.

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Never mind I found it.

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:20 PM
this thread has turned AWESOME! I called a girl the C word once. Her name was Jay Cu_tler. She was a pouty biatch.

This thread is so full of win, I had to ****.

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Never mind I found it.

Good job, douche-nozzle.

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Good job, douche-nozzle.

Just so you know, I've already contacted the mods about your douchebaggery.

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Post reported, douche face.

broncswin
09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Douche?

no no no...dick

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
oh.

Eldorado
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Just so you know, I've already contacted the mods about your douchebaggery.

Hear that dick head? Gonna have to start over.

broncswin
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
hear that dick head? Gonna have to start over.

rofl!

Popps
09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Wait, so... specific curse words are off limits?

Pretty funny.

It's cool to call someone one part of the human anatomy, but not another?

Maybe we should make a list...?

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
That's LORD Douchebag to you panty-wastes ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_b3oPslctA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_b3oPslctA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>