PDA

View Full Version : marshall on NFL live 11:30 central

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
per trey wingo twitter

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I wonder what they're going to talk about??

SoDak Bronco
08-27-2009, 09:36 PM
he is going to try and save face...aka dig himself a bigger hole

Mr.Meanie
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
damage control!

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
he is going to try and save face...aka dig himself a bigger hole

basically. he HAS to try, but i doubt he gets anywhere with it. id love someone to really press him on it.

UberBroncoMan
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
basically. he HAS to try, but i doubt he gets anywhere with it. id love someone to really press him on it.

He'll just do what he's done with the local press. Smile and say "I like playing football." He's a ****ing greedy piece of **** for a human. All he had to do was own **** up this year via being the Randy Moss of the offense and he'd be made.

rastaman
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Brandon needs to plead his case as much as he can b/c once the season starts "Comrade" Stalin McDaniel's will tell Bmarsh to quit going to the media with Bronco drama or face gulag charges of conduct detrimental to the team and face suspension w/o pay.

Question is (saracsm).....why doesn't Bowlen and McDaniel's just take Bmarsh out behind Invesco field and just "Water Broad" his AZZ into becoming McDaniel's "Biatch"!

wolf754life
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Brandon needs to plead his case as much as he can b/c once the season starts "Comrade" Stalin McDaniel's will tell Bmarsh to quit going to the media with Bronco drama or face gulag charges of conduct detrimental to the team and face suspension w/o pay.

Question is (saracsm).....why doesn't Bowlen and McDaniel's just take Bmarsh out behind Invesco field and just "Water Broad" his AZZ into becoming McDaniel's "Biatch"!

why don't we just throat punch you

your a tool

Broncos4Life
08-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I cant wait to hear about what this **** sucker says. I dont have cable so someone post this punks BS please.

DHallblows
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM

your a tool

1. Use the correct form of "you're" if you're gonna insult someone :oyvey:

2. Rasta, you're a tool

rastaman
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM

your a tool

Ooooooh listen to the Monolithic Goose stepping girlee-man! :sunshine:

hookemhess
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Shouldn't you be on another thread plagiarizing something?

biggymac609
08-27-2009, 10:12 PM
VicLombardi:I heard from Brandon Marshall tonight...says he's not trying to get suspended but he reached a major boiling point...something's gotta give

twitter

Popps
08-27-2009, 10:15 PM
More bull**** from the bull**** artist, eh?

Someone should get his girlfriend a helmet. He's probably close to going MMA on her at any moment.

Popps
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
VicLombardi:I heard from Brandon Marshall tonight...says he's not trying to get suspended but he reached a major boiling point...something's gotta give

twitter

Yep, it's called... he can be a pro and honor his contract or be suspended.

Pretty simple.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM

twitter

Poor ****ing baby. 2.2 million dollars a year to play a sport is not enough...a boiling point, you say? Go **** yourself.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
vic lombardi:

I heard from Brandon Marshall tonight...says he's not trying to get suspended but he reached a major boiling point...something's gotta give

Bolts_Rule_AFC_West
08-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Poor ****ing baby. 2.2 million dollars a year to play a sport is not enough...a boiling point, you say? Go **** yourself.

Hoo-Rah brother!

As much as I love a little bit of this, Brandon Marshall is a little bitch. I wouldn't wish this a-hole's BS on any NFL fans, no matter how much I hate em!

...well, OK, I wish this was happening to the Faiders.... not you guys.

Jagrego
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM

times two.

cutthemdown
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm so sick of this player. It's nothing but drama with him from the start. I said a long time ago this player worried me. He just always had a smugness to him. He's like the kid who says yes sir and no sir all the time, but once parents out of sight he's the worst kid of all.

He needs to be broken and used as an example. If that means not getting much for him because we let him rot on bench then so be it.

The reward Kuper for playing and not being an ass with a nice new deal. He is showing the way you actually handle a contract situation. You play hard and get to FA, or you get an offer from team, its that simple.

cutthemdown
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Hoo-Rah brother!

As much as I love a little bit of this, Brandon Marshall is a little b****. I wouldn't wish this a-hole's BS on any NFL fans, no matter how much I hate em!

honestly if Bolts want to be ready for playoffs they are better off having to guard Marshall. It makes your team better to play good teams. I think Chargers in such an easy division they kind of always know they can coast and still win it.

Last yr IMO just makes then think that even more.

IMO they would be better off if the rest of division wasn't so crappy.

broncolife
08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
on

broncolife
08-27-2009, 10:43 PM
walking was blown out of proportion

broncolife
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
kicking the ball was out of frustration.If he could do it again he wouldnt do it

broncolife
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
he apologizes but half that video was blown out of porportion according to him

hookemhess
08-27-2009, 10:45 PM
"Ownership said they would trade him."

broncolife
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
ownership said they would trade him early on in summer

BroncoDoug
kicking the ball was out of frustration.If he could do it again he wouldnt do it

Thats funny, cuz josina was on with Dmac and Oren and she said he told her and quote "they were talking about Ochocinco kicking the extra point" and thats why he kicked it...ha! what a liar!

scorpio
A few too many errors in judgement in the last couple of years, I'd say.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. As contrite as Brandon is trying to be, I don't see how coach can let this slide.

tsiguy96
"im not gonna do whatever it takes to get a trade, i really want a fresh new start over whats been goin on, not just this year but over the last few years"
"i apologize for letting my emotions get a hold of me, clips blown out of proportion"
"(if i dont get traded) im gonna have to be a professional, with teh season with the broncos, and do what it takes to help make the team win"
"(asked if someone said he would get traded) yes, ownership said they would trade me. that was way back in summertime, we are ready for season now. im on the other side of things...im a football player, i dont have no say in business side of it. theres a lot of things up in the air, all i can do is prepare for (being on team week 1)"

hookemhess
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Stink put it perfectly.

Pseudofool
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Marshall says he was emotional during practice; apologized to team. Said he was promised to be traded during the summer by ownership. It's clear he's frustrated, but it's also clear he seems to understand that he might not get his way. Trey Wingo asked 'what if you don't get traded' Brandon responded, "Well, I'll act as professional, and prepare for the season as a Bronco." Stink and the NFL guys spit some hate on Marshall.

tsiguy96
stink needs to be a coach, hed never, ever take this ****. brian dawkins shoulda killed him.

Gcver2ver3
i just don't understand how he doesn't realize how much he's embarrassing himself...

Bigdawg26
08-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow I can't believe he said its been going on since last year. Look guys I hate to bring it up but shanny did a very good job of covering that up because at least Marshall was playing hard and actually trying when he was the coach.

ohiobronco2
One minute he gets it, the next he doesn't. I used to like the guy, now I think he's an a**hole. We should give him the Keyshawn treatment.

BroncoDoug
Wow I can't believe he said its been going on since last year. Look guys I hate to bring it up but shanny did a very good job of covering that up because at least Marshall was playing hard and actually trying when he was the coach.

so this is going to be turned into McD's fault? ha!

24champ
Stink and the NFL guys spit some hate on Marshall.

They've done their fair share of trashing the Broncos, not just Marshall.

Anyway it is what it is, a continuation of this cluster**** of an offseason.

WABronco
08-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Ah Brandon I take back all those things I said. You're a great guy!

On a serious note, LOL Jared Allen. "We preach abstinence around here!"

ohiobronco2
08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
stink needs to be a coach, hed never, ever take this ****. brian dawkins shoulda killed him.

While I rarely agree with you McDanielsloverguy96, you got this part right.

guitarj
08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Ah Brandon I take back all those things I said. You're a great guy!

On a serious note, LOL Jared Allen. "We preach abstinence around here!"

"sounds like an STD" hahaha

HEAV
08-27-2009, 11:01 PM

Shanny created the monster. He was too soft of Cutler and Marshall, plus he overlooked their flaws and just ignored the fact that the maturity level wasn't there for either player.

Cutler needed to be kept above the team and Marshall just wants more $$$ to blow on cars,clubs and court cases.

BigPlayShay
08-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Marshall's media mouthpiece does some twitter crying on his behalf:

Josina Anderson: sounds a bit disingenous for McDaniels to say he doesn't know where Brandon is, adding he was there in the morning.

oh, and being the fabulous journalist that she is misspells disingenuous.

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Dude is a pea brained head case, with barely one shard of common sense.

listopencil
08-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Promised by ownership? Doesn't Bowlen own the team? Why isn't he saying that Bowlen promised him that he would be traded?

Gcver2ver3
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM
he goes to espn because of the video footage of him dogging it...

that footage goes national...so he goes to the national media to try and do damage control...

it's too late..you're exposed as the selfish, childish individual that you are...

BigPlayShay
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM

Did you forget the altercation Marshall got into with Jeremy Bates???

Look, I have been guilty of defending Marshall in the past, but like Stink said, he is doing this to his teammates now, and that is unacceptable.

TheDave
08-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Doesn't matter...

Dude showed he would go to any lengths to get what he wants.

Time to start the fines...

scorpio
08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Marshall's media mouthpiece does some twitter crying on his behalf:

oh, and being the fabulous journalist that she is misspells disingenuous.

she misspells 3 letter words regularly

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm so sick of this player. It's nothing but drama with him from the start. I said a long time ago this player worried me. He just always had a smugness to him. He's like the kid who says yes sir and no sir all the time, but once parents out of sight he's the worst kid of all.

He needs to be broken and used as an example. If that means not getting much for him because we let him rot on bench then so be it.

The reward Kuper for playing and not being an ass with a nice new deal. He is showing the way you actually handle a contract situation. You play hard and get to FA, or you get an offer from team, its that simple.

Kuper is the guy i am worried about. He is quiet and an awesome lineman and may end up pricing himself out of Denver. i wish we would start working on his deal now instead of gambling on him next offseason

Hulamau
08-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Doesn't matter...

Dude showed he would go to any lengths to get what he wants.

Time to start the fines...

You're right about that TD, anything other than total dedication and trying as hard as he can to help this team from here on out and its time to start hittin' him where it hurts.

Pseudofool
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
oh, and being the fabulous journalist that she is misspells disingenuous.Petty Police. Heck, I agree she's out of line, but comparing expertise in spelling to expertise in journalism just makes you look stupid.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh to be a fly on the wall in that lockerroom after that practice...

watermock
08-27-2009, 11:24 PM

Kuper's a guard for christ's sake. Look at his contract. And Weigman's.

Haven't we allready made cutler and Bly and BM an "Example"?

Who are we going to make an "example" out of next before we are the Lions?

My guess is Bailey, who is probably shaking in his cleats hoping he gets his 14 million.

BTW, Cutler makes 2.3 M.for the Bears.

Kid A
08-27-2009, 11:25 PM
"(if i don't get traded) i'm gonna have to be a professional, with the season with the broncos, and do what it takes to help make the team win"

I'll believe this when I see it. Someone might like to inform him part of being a "professional" football player involves learning the playbook and participating in practice, so I guess he's kinda off to a rough start.

TheDave
08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
You're right about that TD, anything other than total dedication and trying as hard as he can to help this team from here on out and its time to start hittin' him where it hurts.

I still have no idea why I'm shocked by the actions of a guy who beats women... but this was amazing to watch.

I coached HS football off and on over the last few years. Hell, I've never seen a high school kid act this immature.

Amazing...

BigPlayShay
08-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Petty Police. Heck, I agree she's out of line, but comparing expertise in spelling to expertise in journalism just makes you look stupid.

You're right. The next time I eat at a restaurant and the meal tastes bad, I won't criticize the cook, even if they leave out a few ingredients.

- BA, Journalism and Technical Communication, Colorado State University, 1999

Pseudofool
08-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Kuper's a guard for christ's sake. Look at his contract. And Weigman's.

Haven't we allready made cutler and Bly and BM an "Example"?

Who are we going to make an "example" out of next before we are the Lions?

My guess is Bailey, who is probably shaking in his cleats hoping he gets his 14 million.

BTW, Cutler makes 2.3 M.for the Bears.
Not to offend, but your counter arguments are wack. Whether or not you make a strawman of other posters poor arguments doesn't negate the embarrassing behavior by Marshall.

The lesson to be learned here, if there is one, is that the despite the media attention this Marshall tantrum gets, he probably just looks like a royal douchebag to his teammates.

But carry on, because obviously you think you're awesome!

Pseudofool
08-27-2009, 11:40 PM
I still have no idea why I'm shocked by the actions of a guy who beats women... but this was amazing to watch.

I coached HS football off and on over the last few years. Hell, I've never seen a high school kid act this immature.

Amazing...
High school kids don't have the audience BMarsh has. Attention would make monsters of mosts of us. That said, BMarsh must realize that no matter how much attention his tantrums recieve, it won't help his cause.

Bowlen shouldn't have promised him anything--obviously the Broncos would have traded him if they would have gotten value, but that evidently hasn't been the case.

OBF1
08-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I am going to go buy a Marshall Jersey tomorrow...... He is a long time Bronco in waiting :)

baja
08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Hoo-Rah brother!

As much as I love a little bit of this, Brandon Marshall is a little b****. I wouldn't wish this a-hole's BS on any NFL fans, no matter how much I hate em!

Give it a few weeks it might be.

Popps
08-27-2009, 11:51 PM

Amazing...

There's something about this kind of impulsive, ridiculous behavior that's so emotionally unstable that it just leaves no doubt in my mind that he's beating up his women. Certainly, this behavior alone isn't indicative, but it fits a pattern.

This guy really has absolutely no handle on himself.

Like you said... children behave better than this. He's not just dumb, he's just emotionally unstable.

Sassy
08-27-2009, 11:53 PM
I am going to go buy a Marshall Jersey tomorrow...... He is a long time Bronco in waiting :)

You guys showing up in a few weeks or what?
We haven't heard from you on the TG thread!

Elway777
08-27-2009, 11:53 PM
he goes to espn because of the video footage of him dogging it...

that footage goes national...so he goes to the national media to try and do damage control...

it's too late..you're exposed as the selfish, childish individual that you are... It also detroys any chance of the Broncos getting a first round pick for him. The Broncos will be lucky to get a second round pick.

baja
08-27-2009, 11:54 PM
While I rarely agree with you McDanielsloverguy96, you got this part right.

Oh you can count on the team not standing idly by much longer

baja
08-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Not to offend, but your counter arguments are wack. Whether or not you make a strawman of other posters poor arguments doesn't negate the embarrassing behavior by Marshall.

<b>The lesson to be learned here, if there is one, is that the despite the media attention this Marshall tantrum gets, he probably just looks like a royal douchebag to his teammates. </b>

But carry on, because obviously you think you're awesome!

BINGO watch the clip again and focus on the body language of the team mates around him.

Pseudofool
08-28-2009, 12:02 AM
You're right. The next time I eat at a restaurant and the meal tastes bad, I won't criticize the cook, even if they leave out a few ingredients.

- BA, Journalism and Technical Communication, Colorado State University, 1999
Oh my you have a BA. You're clearly an authority. Look, I don't want to embarrass you here, but criticizing spelling is the providence of the weak-minded. The fact that you use some ill-fitting metaphor to make your point, poorly, I might add, only shows your lack of expertise in this area. Give it up. Quit being a nit picker; nit pickers always suck no matter the profesion.

baja
08-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh my you have a BA. You're clearly an authority. Look, I don't want to embarrass you here, but criticizing spelling is the providence of the weak-minded. The fact that you use some ill-fitting metaphor to make your point, poorly, I might add, only shows your lack of expertise in this area. Give it up. Quit being a nit picker; nit pickers always suck no matter the profesion.

Aren't there two "s" in profession?

Pseudofool
08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Aren't there two "s" in profession?Heck, I had two "f"s in it before I edited the post.

BigPlayShay
08-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Heck, I had two "f"s in it before I edited the post.

Perhaps you could offer some of your editing expertise to Josina ;)

Pseudofool
08-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Perhaps you could offer some of your editing expertise to Josina ;)Thanks for the good will, but I really hope you no longer discredit people for the appearance of their prose rather than the content in the future. Again, thanks for being a sport.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 12:28 AM
One minute he gets it, the next he doesn't. I used to like the guy, now I think he's an a**hole. We should give him the Keyshawn treatment.

Boy o Boy look at all the Hate Fest toward Brandon Marshall!LOL

Brandon needs to get the hell out of Denver! He's pissed off the pro-management fans, Bowlen and McDaniel's. These folks don't forgive unless they get what they want. Should Brandon be broken and excepts who's boss, he maybe allowed back into the fold of his masters and gladiator romanistic fans.

Brandon here's some advice:

Stay out of legal trouble off the field. Stay healthy in Denver until your Parole from the Bronco Gulag ends over the next two or three years and you will get your big pay day in another city. Please don't be foolish and play with reckless abandon anymore and increase the wear and tear on your body unnecessarily.

The key to you surviving your imprisonment in Denver is staying healthy and increasing your LONGEVITY!!! Understand beyond any shadow of a doubt the pro management fan base and Bowlen & McDaniel's appreciates little what you have brought to this organization during 07 & 08.

Play smart protect your body, step out of bounds when you can. Make sure you go down with the first tackle; Denver will pay you 4th round money whether one or three players tackle you.:~ohyah!:

Denver will never pay you what you're worth. And even should they have a change of heart down the road, remember the 09 season how Bowlen and McDaniel's tried to take your dignity and attempted to force you relent to their corporate fascist ways! "Remember to Never Kiss a Rattle Snake on the Lips" such is akin to signing a contract with the post Shanny Denver Broncos.

Time to move on just as soon as Comrade Bowlen and McDaniel's approve your parole.;)

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 01:08 AM

what are you talking about. Marshall has always been soft when it came to practice. wasn't it last year or the year before that Mike had to basically force his bitch ass onto the practice field?

the only difference that is going on now, is that instead of having a coddled situation like Mike had with guys like Cutler and Marshall there is now a business-like take no bull**** attitude coming from the coaches and staff and soft players can't handle it.

the only thing Marshall can complain about is the hip being misdiagnosed, aside from that he is just being a whiny bitch.

also, Management didn't say they would trade him just to appease him, they said they would trade him if they got a fair offer.

Baba Booey
08-28-2009, 01:15 AM
You know what blows? We aren't going to get dick for this guy when he blows town as a free agent.

Hulamau
08-28-2009, 01:47 AM

Amazing...

I know what you mean, Ive been hoping the more contrite, intelligent and positive side of Brandon wins the battle with his pronounced alter ego that is so often on display, but crap like this make it seem more and more like this comes from the real Brandon .. Definitely out of line regardless.

Hulamau
08-28-2009, 02:02 AM

Brandon needs to get the hell out of Denver! He's pissed off the pro-management fans, Bowlen and McDaniel's. These folks don't forgive unless they get what they want. Should Brandon be broken and excepts who's boss, he maybe allowed back into the fold of his masters and gladiator romanistic fans.

Stay out of legal trouble off the field. Stay healthy in Denver until your Parole from the Bronco Gulag ends over the next two or three years and you will get your big pay day in another city. Please don't be foolish and play with reckless abandon anymore and increase the wear and tear on your body unnecessarily.

The key to you surviving your imprisonment in Denver is staying healthy and increasing your LONGEVITY!!! Understand beyond any shadow of a doubt the pro management fan base and Bowlen & McDaniel's appreciates little what you have brought to this organization during 07 & 08.

Play smart protect your body, step out of bounds when you can. Make sure you go down with the first tackle; Denver will pay you 4th round money whether one or three players tackle you.:~ohyah!:

Denver will never pay you what you're worth. And even should they have a change of heart down the road, remember the 09 season how Bowlen and McDaniel's tried to take your dignity and attempted to force you relent to their corporate fascist ways! "Remember to Never Kiss a Rattle Snake on the Lips" such is akin to signing a contract with the post Shanny Denver Broncos.

Time to move on just as soon as Comrade Bowlen and McDaniel's approve your parole.;)

Spoken like a true moron. The mean 'ole Broncos are trying to strip poor Brandon of his dignity??? You need a different brand of ganja rasta dude, the **** you're smoking is rotting your brain and has turned you into a lily-livered 'victim' of the oppressor', 'Blame-gamer'!

The poor oppressed Brandon who is fighting the good fight against the evil empire so he has to act like an idiot jerk hurting not only himself, but his fellow teammates as well ... What a joke! :-)

If Brandon knew what was good for him, he'd straighten up RIGHT now , buckle down and play his ASS off this season and prove to not on the Broncos that he is a committed dedicated player who lays it all out on the line for the team and stays out of trouble , but the rest of the NFL who is watching his crap closely as well. THEN he will get his huge windfall, either here or elsewhere if he chooses.

Following your limp-wrist sucker advice and just going through the motions this year will tank his value like a rock with every other team in the league. He'll be branded as the hot-headed malcontent that he is showing now and one that cant be relied on in a tough spot.

All he is doing now is proving to the Broncos and the league why they have had real cause to be cautious at throwing big money at this guy. His behavior now is making the front office look particularly prescient and wisely prudent.

Not the other way around!

hambone13
08-28-2009, 03:56 AM

I'd love for some one to really press JM on something....

"Do you think you have the experience to be a GM and HC?"
"Are you arrogant enough to think that you can effectively run a team on your first try with all of the power that Mike Shannahan had and do it better?"

Geeez...

I hope the guy does well as a coach but he's not going to be able to do it with this debacle around him, **** no....

HILife
08-28-2009, 04:43 AM
damage control!

McDamage control

Traveler
08-28-2009, 07:24 AM

Nice to see you didn't mention him by name.:wiggle:

Traveler
08-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Spoken like a true moron. The mean 'ole Broncos are trying to strip poor Brandon of his dignity??? You need a different brand of ganja rasta dude, the **** you're smoking is rotting your brain and has turned you into a lily-livered 'victim' of the oppressor', 'Blame-gamer'!

The poor oppressed Brandon who is fighting the good fight against the evil empire so he has to act like an idiot jerk hurting not only himself, but his fellow teammates as well ... What a joke! :-)

If Brandon knew what was good for him, he'd straighten up RIGHT now , buckle down and play his ASS off this season and prove to not on the Broncos that he is a committed dedicated player who lays it all out on the line for the team and stays out of trouble , but the rest of the NFL who is watching his crap closely as well. THEN he will get his huge windfall, either here or elsewhere if he chooses.

Following your limp-wrist sucker advice and just going through the motions this year will tank his value like a rock with every other team in the league. He'll be branded as the hot-headed malcontent that he is showing now and one that cant be relied on in a tough spot.

All he is doing now is proving to the Broncos and the league why they have had real cause to be cautious at throwing big money at this guy. His behavior now is making the front office look particularly prescient and wisely prudent.

WOW! :thumbs:

Gort
08-28-2009, 08:02 AM

Brandon needs to get the hell out of Denver! He's pissed off the pro-management fans, Bowlen and McDaniel's. These folks don't forgive unless they get what they want. Should Brandon be broken and excepts(sic) who's boss, he maybe allowed back into the fold of his masters and gladiator romanistic fans.

are you aware that you're a complete asshat?

also, no Broncos fan would speak of the team/franchise the way you do. what the hell are you doing on this board? are you just trolling for jollies?

Gcver2ver3
08-28-2009, 08:19 AM
It also detroys any chance of the Broncos getting a first round pick for him. The Broncos will be lucky to get a second round pick.

i really don't care about all that...

his trade value is the last thing on my mind...

an example needs to be made out of this guy, and trading him doesn't set that example...

if we trade him now, we would be damaging ourselves by setting a poor precedent...

ohiobronco2
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM

Nancy, I'm hardly pro management. But to dog it in practice like he did is pathetic (very disrespectful to his teammates). Brandon has all pro talent, but can't stay out of trouble. Until he can prove otherwise, giving him a new contract is a bad investment. McDaniels appears to have got one right, finally.

Los Broncos
08-28-2009, 08:26 AM
**** you Marshall, we need players who want to play.

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 08:33 AM
so this is going to be turned into McD's fault? ha!

Well you call a WR throwing a tantrum out on the field control ?:thumbsup:

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
**** you Marshall, we need players who want to play.

We also could use a Coach that can keep control of there team . Would you let a player piss around like that ?

~Crash~
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I would of called out the ****er and gave the team a 100 wind sprints and told Marshall to sit on a chair and count them . then afterwards I would of told him great counting take the rest of tha day of go fish here is $20 go bye you some bait.

the team would kill him and the end .

kamakazi_kal
08-28-2009, 08:45 AM

Problem is now if the FO give him a contract they look weak to the public ... they let him sit all year, they hurt the team. We start losing and you hurt the fanbase.

Tough hole the FO is in this offseason.

Fact is he was cleared of any wrong doing in his legal case .... he has vastly outplayed his contract .... For all we know Bowlen promised him a new contract if he "played his ass off" last year. We don't know all the facts.

Any of the stuff you are describing above can all be written into a contract to protect the Broncos. This issue should have been handled after he was found not guilty.

problem is now if the FO gives him a contract they look weak to the players.
If they let him sit they hurt the team.
If they trade him they look limp to the NFL.
If we start losing without him they hurt the fans.

Everyone here wants team first good guys ... well that's nice from a fanpoint but these guys get payed to play a game not cure cancer or fight fires. They don't have to be good people to be good players ..... hell moss was firing up J's and running cops over before he won a superbowl and became a "team" guy.

Harsh offseason to be sure.

Popps
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Fact is he was cleared of any wrong doing in his legal case .... .

Except for his DUI, his suspension from the league and his status teetering on a larger suspension if the guy farts too loudly.

He's a ****ing walking time-bomb and the organization did the wise thing. They didn't let a mess like Marshall push them into a corner.

Props to the Broncos for staying their course and now appropriately punishing the problem-child.

kamakazi_kal
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Except for his DUI, his suspension from the league and his status teetering on a larger suspension if the guy farts too loudly.

He's a ****ing walking time-bomb and the organization did the wise thing. They didn't let a mess like Marshall push them into a corner.

Props to the Broncos for staying their course and now appropriately punishing the problem-child.

Why couldn't a contract protect the broncos though? Fans are happy, players happy the team gets top 3 production at a prime position, The FO can recoup it's money if he ****s up.

Quit cherry picking and address the rest of the post...... what the hell do you do with him now?

12th man
08-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Why couldn't a contract protect the broncos though? Fans are happy, players happy the team gets top 3 production at a prime position, The FO can recoup it's money if he ****s up.

Quit cherry picking and address the rest of the post...... what the hell do you do with him now?

I think the front office just needs to trade him and get him out of here. He's a big distraction and a locker room cancer. I said this yesterday that if we want to be a winning organization, then we need players that want to be here and believe in the system/coach, not ones that defy and mock it.

The problem with trading him now though, is with his injury, run ins with the law, and now this episode, what kind of trade value is he now? probably not a first rounder. But screw it, ship him to the highest bidder, get what you can out of him. Just get him out of Denver. He's a locker room cancer.

Los Broncos
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
We also could use a Coach that can keep control of there team . Would you let a player piss around like that ?

Not Shanny.

Falconer
08-28-2009, 10:15 AM

From what I understand, the protections that can be put into the contract are very limited under the current agreement. They would be only be able to recover a small portion of any of the guarenteed money.

Drek
08-28-2009, 10:49 AM

I believe the new rules stipulate that a team can only recoup what was paid in that salary year and the number is capped fairly low ($250K or so?). The only real protection they would have is the ability to cut him off from future money, but if Marshall was willing to sign that kind of deal he'd probably already be extended. He wants Roddy White's deal or something very close, and that means $18M guaranteed up front, of which only a small fraction would be recoverable even if he commits gross felonies the day after he signs.

ghwk
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I think he stands up there and does the typical apology song and dance that every athlete trots out when they need damage control. I wonder if his agent will be standing next to him like Spitzers wife?

broncosteven
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM

1st post in this whole thread that makes sense.

If you put a guy on with questionable character the practice team as a slap in the face then let him loaf it and demean his teamates without addressing it immediately then you got big trouble.

The broncos HC has made others run sprints/laps for less.

Donk
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with you except Shanny was the man when they lied to Brandon
about his hip.

He is right to get as much cash as he can. His contract can be voided at any time.

rastaman
08-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Spoken like a true JACK AZZ!!! Marshall already played his ASS OFF in 07 & 08 and has yet receive the obvious bonus money of at least 5 million!!! WTF! his 07 & 08 production was not that of a 4th round pick....Brandon played like a first round pick. Yet you and your spineless ilk mention have to mention this point of contention. But I'm not surprised. You are who you Are!

Marshall has already shown he can play his ASS OFF.....yet he hasn't been compensated for his performances in 07 & 08. So you need to stop the propaganda that Marshall will get paid by the Broncos. Bowlen has yet to pay up thus far.....why should Brandon play is ASS off in 09 just to get paid
4th round salary??? Marshall would be well within his rights to put up 4th round stats and production in 09!! Who could blame him!

Pro-Management Shills such as your arrogant ass smugly expect and demand Marshall to play at his 07 & 08 levels while continuing to pay him at 4th round pick salary are Freaking IDIOTS.

Brandon would be well within his rights to have a "Middle Finger" in reserve for fans of your ILK! :strong:

Archer81
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Spoken like a true JACK AZZ!!! Marshall already played his ASS OFF in 07 & 08 and has yet receive the obvious bonus money of at least 5 million!!! WTF! his 07 & 08 production was not that of a 4th round pick....Brandon played like a first round pick. Yet you and your spineless ilk mention have to mention this point of contention. But I'm not surprised. You are who you Are!

Marshall has already shown he can play his ASS OFF.....yet he hasn't been compensated for his performances in 07 & 08. So you need to stop the propaganda that Marshall will get paid by the Broncos. Bowlen has yet to pay up thus far.....why should Brandon play is ASS off in 09 just to get paid
4th round salary??? Marshall would be well within his rights to put up 4th round stats and production in 09!! Who could blame him!

Pro-Management Shills such as your arrogant ass smugly expect and demand Marshall to play at his 07 & 08 levels while continuing to pay him at 4th round pick salary are Freaking IDIOTS.

Brandon would be well within his rights to have a "Middle Finger" in reserve for fans of your ILK! :strong:

You would think a professional would let his work on the field do the talking for him, and not go on TV, or blog, or tweet his dissatisfaction about his current pay and ownership group. You do realize that while Marshall is immensely talented and has proven it, for the Broncos to reward him constitutes a risk to the health of the team and the financial responsibility the Broncos FO has to the other 52 men on the roster? Marshall has not acted like an adult at all in this situation, and its sad you are slanted so hard against any establishment figure you automatically take the side of the mouthy discontent.

The video of BM from yesterday is proof the man does not deserve a raise. Why reward horrible off field behavior? Why reward a tantrum? BM is good, but for the Broncos, not irreplaceable.

:Broncos:

rastaman
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM

So if thats the case......then why all the revenge, hate, and animosity from pro-management fans and the Broncos. Why is there a movement out there to want to kill Brmarsh's career and screw him financially, or make him suffer ins some form way or fashion! How do you and your ILK rationalize this sort of behavior????

Broncojef
08-28-2009, 04:21 PM

Brandon's lucky to be making his measley $2 Mill 4th round salary for the ass he is. Quite honestly if I owned the Broncos I'd look for ways to ensure he was compensated as little as possible. I'm really glad the Broncos held back and didn't commit big money to this idiot. Hopefully they find the best way possible to limit money we have to pay him and sit him out every game.

cutthemdown
08-28-2009, 04:39 PM
So if thats the case......then why all the revenge, hate, and animosity from pro-management fans and the Broncos. Why is there a movement out there to want to kill Brmarsh's career and screw him financially, or make him suffer ins some form way or fashion! How do you and your ILK rationalize this sort of behavior????

we only care about the Broncos. It's an insult to us how Marshall is acting. He signed a contract he will be a FA next yr. Most players see that as the time to turn it on and get paid. You know the contract yr. Why you support him doing this I have no idea.

Fact is he hasn't been a good Bronco. He got DUI, he hurt arm and dropped passes all yr, he's beat women up more then once, and now this. You don't reward that sort of behavior, you wait and see what he does this yr.

IMO Brandon is doing this because he feels his hip is still ****ed up and he doesn't know if he can have a monster yr. If he was confident he could have a monster yr, why would he not go for it? Playing half speed you risk more injury, every athlete knows that to be true.

If Brandon gets suspended all yr, then broncos tender him as a rfa, and no team signs him, he would really be screwed.

orange 4 life
08-28-2009, 04:39 PM

I can't believe you're serious with this crap.

He's now pissed off EVERY Bronco fan, including those who can't stand the current direction of the team or those managing it.

Bottom line is this situation is NOT like those TD or Rod Smith who also outplayed their contracts and WERE rewarded. The Broncos have a long history of rewarding guys who outplayed their contracts. We're not talking about the Rockies here (though our Broncos could learn a thing or two about team play from the boys in purple), but rather an organization long considered one of the best in football.

While Marshall HAS of course outPLAYED his contract, he has NOT outPERFORMED it. You must see the difference. Performance can be defined as ALL of his actions while he's been a Bronco.
TD and Rod Smith didn't have ANY off field issues, while Marshall is ONE (potentially minor) problem away from a year long suspension.

Marshall (and you) needs to understand this FACT, because everyone else (except you) can see it crystal clear.

Do you have any doubt that if he had come into camp with a good attitude, played hard and at a high level, and avoided any legal issues the team would've tagged him the franchise player and offered him the money he wants?

They would've, and Marshall is NUTS to expect that huge raise considering of his off field actions and hip injury. Pretty simple my man.

orange 4 life
08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
brian dawkins shoulda killed him.

He still might. They'll have words. You can bet on it. :thumbsup:

Archer81
08-28-2009, 08:10 PM

No one is killing Marshall's career but Marshall. Half assing it when other guys are busting their ass is a clear sign of immaturity. It shows the rookies on the team like McKinley and Swift that if you do put up and dont like your deal, this behavior is AOK to get a new deal. Its bull****.

:Broncos: