PDA

View Full Version : **** Marshall - Royal shows how it's done

UberBroncoMan
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzkE3S22fc

This is how you become a star.

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
The next slap in the face to Marshall...giving Royal a contract extension :giggle:

WABronco
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Eddie Royal isn't one strike away from lengthy suspension, nor has he been arrested multiple times. One year in is a little soon, but say in a year or two...ya I could see him getting a long term deal.

wolf754life
08-27-2009, 08:29 PM
royal is a total pro in only his 2nd year.

bmarsh should go suck his agents ****

UberBroncoMan
08-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Eddie Royal isn't one strike away from lengthy suspension, nor has he been arrested multiple times. One year in is a little soon, but say in a year or two...ya I could see him getting a long term deal.

See???

Baring an injury I guarantee he's a Bronco till at minimum 33 years of age.

People with his talent AND the brains/humble attitude to match it are extremely rare... especially at the WR/RB position.

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 08:32 PM

If he has another year like last...we better get him locked up long term!

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM

i agree, Royal will be wrapped up long term within the next 2 years.

the one guy i am wanting to hear about the team working on extending is Kuper. he played lights out last year and is in a contract year. i want him signed long term.

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
See???

Baring an injury I guarantee he's a Bronco till at minimum 33 years of age.

People with his talent AND the brains/humble attitude to match it are extremely rare... especially at the WR/RB position.

he is going to be this young generations Rod Smith. in 10-12 years when he is nearing the end of his career, teenagers of today, are going to be hoping the team can find a new Eddie Royal, the same way we have been looking for our new Rod Smith.

WABronco
08-27-2009, 08:44 PM
He is going to be in the HOF. No he's going to personally save every single bust in that hall when Marshall starts it on fire. He's that amazing.

Broncoman13
08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd be all for giving Eddie Royal a new contract. He is exactly what you like to have in your locker room. BMarsh always seemed a good lockerroom guy too though...

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I'd be all for giving Eddie Royal a new contract. He is exactly what you like to have in your locker room. BMarsh always seemed a good lockerroom guy too though...

Marshall is Baby TO in every sense of the meaning. he plays hard when games count, but unless things ae going exactly his way, he is going to complain and become a cancer on the team.

UberBroncoMan
08-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Marshall is Baby TO in every sense of the meaning. he plays hard when games count, but unless things ae going exactly his way, he is going to complain and become a cancer on the team.

I'm going to say he's WORSE than TO.

TO didn't pull **** like this at age 25 mind you. He also didn't beat the **** out women, talk **** at a nightclub which helped lead to a tragic event etc.

Marshall is a COMPLETE ****ing idiot.

TO is just a diva.

hookemhess
08-27-2009, 09:07 PM
TO always showed up to play.

scorpio
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
This older article by Kiszla is mostly ridiculous fluff, but he nails it at the end:

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_12954929

Eddie Royal, No. 19: The winner.

No. 19 is humble. He makes plays in the clutch. His work ethic never cheats the fan. He brings honor to the tradition of every Broncos hero from Randy Gradishar to Rod Smith.

Royal is the man who would be king in a new era of success for the Broncos.

Archer81
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm going to say he's WORSE than TO.

TO didn't pull **** like this at age 25 mind you. He also didn't beat the **** out women, talk **** at a nightclub which helped lead to a tragic event etc.
Marshall is a COMPLETE ****ing idiot.

TO is just a diva.

Do you know this for a fact or is this you speculating?

:Broncos:

DomCasual
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
That's awesome. I hope Eddie has Rod's number in his cell phone speed dial.

UberBroncoMan
08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Do you know this for a fact or is this you speculating?

Nah they said Marshall got into **** talk that night and I'm fairly sure it was with the guy who shot Darrent or a friend to the guy who shot Darrent.

lex
08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Say what you want about Marshall but the guy delivers on Sundays. Not only that but he's the best blocking WR on the team. He's a pro when it matters most, which is on Sundays.

Archer81
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Nah they said Marshall got into **** talk that night and I'm fairly sure it was with the guy who shot Darrent or a friend to the guy who shot Darrent.

Pretty close to a I heard on the light rail story...

Sassy
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u81gINGflM&feature=fvw

LOVE IT!

Garcia Bronco
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Hokies ....Hokies

Jason in LA
08-28-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm still blown away by the patterns that Royal runs. All the double moves, and even triple moves. It's just sick. He is great at getting the corner turned one direction and then cutting back against him. That's very hard to cover. I've been teaching my son to run his patterns like that, and he's getting pretty good at it. Too bad that the O line on the team he plays for doesn't give the QB enough time to wait for double and triple moves.

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:15 AM
The next slap in the face to Marshall...giving Royal a contract extension :giggle:

I advocated this last week and I was dead serious. It's not only a message, but it's absolutely the right thing to do. Royal will prove to be twice the value to his team Marshall will over his career. Just watch.

Baba Booey
08-28-2009, 12:18 AM
The difference between Marshall and Royal is that the former seems to consider playing in the NFL a right whereas the latter considers it a privilege.

Popps
08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
He's our #1 receiver, regardless of what Brandy does.

I wonder if extending him has even been discussed. It certainly should be.

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 12:39 AM
That's awesome. I hope Eddie has Rod's number in his cell phone speed dial.

i'm sure Eddie has his number. the way they were talking and working together in that video showed that they don't just know each other from meeting on the practice field a few times since Eddie was drafted. they were joking and having a good time together while talking football, which makes me think they have talked off the field before as well as on it.

there is a good chemistry and rapport between them.

baja
08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Say what you want about Marshall but the guy delivers on Sundays. Not only that but he's the best blocking WR on the team. He's a pro when it matters most, which is on Sundays.

I doubt there is a poster here that doesn't deep down hope Brandon can some how turn things around and be the player he can be but it is up to Brandon.

baja
08-28-2009, 12:47 AM
I'd be pissed about the hip screw up too but he's handling it all wrong and you know it lex.

lex
08-28-2009, 12:50 AM
I doubt there is a poster here that doesn't deep down hope Brandon can some how turn things around and be the player he can be but it is up to Brandon.

Thats not entirely true. The team also has a hand in this.

lex
08-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I'd be pissed about the hip screw up too but he's handling it all wrong and you know it lex.

"Handling it all wrong" is a rationalized way of saying, "I dont like it." Its not as simple as many make it out to be.

baja
08-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Thats not entirely true. The team also has a hand in this.

What you are seeing is the fall out resulting from a new coach taking the team back from a few inmates, a situation that came about by a desperate to win Shanahan

baja
08-28-2009, 12:58 AM
"Handling it all wrong" is a rationalized way of saying, "I dont like it." Its not as simple as many make it out to be.

Do you think there is any scenario by which you can justify marshall insulting his team mates by dogging it in practice. Tell me how that can possibly be constructive.

lex
08-28-2009, 01:00 AM
What you are seeing is the fall out resulting from a new coach taking the team back from a few inmates, a situation that came about by a desperate to win Shanahan

Is it that or is it that McDaniels doesnt have adequate experience managing personalities? Maybe McDaniels rubs people the wrong way and this is the result of it. Im not saying he does because Im not there to see his tone or how he addresses people. But, it wouldnt exactly be surprising if that were the case.

lex
08-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Do you think there is any scenario by which you can justify marshall insulting his team mates by dogging it in practice. Tell me how that can possibly be constructive.

How is he insulting his teammates?

Gort
08-28-2009, 01:22 AM

succinct, to the point, and 100% correct! kudos to you, good sir.

baja
08-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Is it that or is it that McDaniels doesnt have adequate experience managing personalities? Maybe McDaniels rubs people the wrong way and this is the result of it. Im not saying he does because Im not there to see his tone or how he addresses people. But, it wouldnt exactly be surprising if that were the case.

If we didn't have several reports pointing out that most players were buying into mcd's O scheme and praising him as a coach than you might have a point.

baja
08-28-2009, 01:32 AM
How is he insulting his teammates?

This question shows your lack of understanding of the meaning of the term "Team sport'

lex
08-28-2009, 01:33 AM
If we didn't have several reports pointing out that most players were buying into mcd's O scheme and praising him as a coach than you might have a point.

Guys are playing for jobs. Be careful about overstating Josh's magical system by mistaking something for more than what it is.

lex
08-28-2009, 01:35 AM
This question shows your lack of understanding of the meaning of the term "Team sport'

So answer the question. How is that an insult to his teammates?

baja
08-28-2009, 01:46 AM

You're on a basketball team one key player demonstrates he will dog it until the owner rips up his contract and pay him big money while you are playing your heart out to win working your ass off in practice and you see this other player willing to accept losses because he feels he should make more money even though he has issues that could easily get him suspended. You good with that?

lex
08-28-2009, 01:57 AM
You're on a basketball team one key player demonstrates he will dog it until the owner rips up his contract and pay him big money while you are playing your heart out to win working your ass off in practice and you see this other player willing to accept losses because he feels he should make more money even though he has issues that could easily get him suspended. You good with that?

The same could be said about players coming to Denver thinking they had a good chance to win with Cutler as the QB. They could just as easily grind that same axe against management. Also, do you remember the backlash against Favre when he spoke out against Walker holding out in Green Bay? A lot of players were on Walkers side because it was about money and they respect another player trying to get money. On matters of money, other players are probably more forgiving than you realize.

baja
08-28-2009, 02:03 AM
Go find a pick up game and than play half assed and see what happens

Willynowei
08-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Royal is twice as effective when lined up off the line, a luxury afforded him when Marshall takes the split-end position and fights the Jam.

He's an awesome talent and will probably do well as a #1 but don't be surprised if his production takes a hit when he is the target receiver for defenses to take away.

Popps
08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Is it that or is it that McDaniels doesnt have adequate experience managing personalities? Maybe McDaniels rubs people the wrong way and this is the result of it. .

Again, go back and listen to Marshall's video from earlier in the pre-season. He speaks highly of McDaniels. He speaks highly of the system and after Quitler split town, Marshall sounded very much like a guy siding with the organization, not Quitler.

So, again... I can't imagine why it's so hard for some people to understand what money does to situations. Brandy wanted a lotto-sized pay-day after a laundry-list of legal problems and a serious injury, and the staff wisely told him to ****ing forget about it.

Again, this had nothing to do with "personalities." The player said it himself. It's about money. Why people have this need to make it something it's not is beyond me.

Jason in LA
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
On the topic of extending Royal's contract, that's not about to happen now, and it wouldn't be a good idea.

At this point the Broncos don't have a real gauge of what they have. There are a lot of players who are really good as rookies, and then they just level out and never amount to much. And they have to see what Royal can do without Marshall, and what he can do in this new system.

As strange as it sounds, it might not be a good idea for Royal either. The Broncos would really low ball him. If he continues to progress, he'd be a lot more valuable in a couple years and demand a much larger contract. As long as he stays out of trouble he'll get that big time contract.

So at this point the timing isn't close to being right to give him a new contract. And what second year player ever gets a new contract? That just doesn't happen.

Rohirrim
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM

WTF? You're getting as bad as Bob the Troll. Has McD rubbed Royal, Hillis, Clady, Stokely, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. the "wrong" way? From what some have said (especially on the D), the exact opposite is true. There are only two people who seem to have had insurmountable problems with McD. And both of them are narcissistic drama queens with personal issues... On second thought, now I can see your point. ;D

NYBronco
08-28-2009, 12:58 PM

By not learning the playbook...