PDA

View Full Version : The reason to trade Marshall

Elway777
08-27-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TEzgttLQbY&feature=channel_page

Dez Bryant. If the Broncos could get a first rounder from the jets then they could draft Bryant plus defensive players with next 2 picks. I would love to see a draft of 1a Dez Bryant 1b Sergio Kindle 2a Arthur Jones. Then trade our 3 round pick for Drew Stanton or draft McCoy or Zack Robinson. Bryant would not be the headach that Marshall has been. The Broncos are in rebuilding mold and Bryant would be alot cheaper then Marshall at 4 to 5 million a year.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Yes. Let the Broncos trade a known quantity for a draft pick that we all will hope is high enough to target a WR who will one day be as good as Marshall, but has yet to play an NFL down yet.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 02:42 PM
The Broncos are in rebuilding mold and Bryant would be alot cheaper then Marshall at 4 to 5 million a year.

Not true.

Any scenario involving a first round WR next year needs to take into account that Marshall is signed for $2 mil this year, and essentially the same next year with the high tender.

Depending on how rookie contracts go next year, the signing bonus could be very similar to what Marshall ends up getting, but with Marshall, at least we know we are getting first round production from day one. Who knows what you'll get with a first round rookie WR, where there are a TON more busts than stars.

2KBack
08-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Not true.

Any scenario involving a first round WR next year needs to take into account that Marshall is signed for $2 mil this year, and essentially the same next year with the high tender.

Depending on how rookie contracts go next year, the signing bonus could be very similar to what Marshall ends up getting, but with Marshall, at least we know we are getting first round production from day one. Who knows what you'll get with a first round rookie WR, where there are a TON more busts than stars.

Excellent point. 1st round contracts are pretty ridiculous and you are only paying for potential.

Elway777
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
If you know you could get Dez Bryant by trading Marshall then you would not trade for him. Bryant has played in a offence like the Broncos run for 2 years . He has better hands then Marshall. Bryant is also great at running after the catch but so is Marshall. Bryant is also a great red zone target.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I'd always prefer the known commodity, especially when the known commodity is AWESOME and young. **** this, make him play.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
If you know you could get Dez Bryant by trading Marshall then you would not trade for him.

wow. you caved pretty quickly.

DBroncos4life
I'm a pretty big fan of keeping home grown talent.

NFLBRONCO
If we trade BM I will bet one of the top 3 picks would be WR. Given the bust rate at that position I'd pass. Give me two front 7 guys and a QB with those picks. Sign a FA WR in offseason. I'd PREFER signing BM. Expecting Royal and BS to stay healthy all year is not likely.

Pony Boy
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I remember another 1st round can't miss wide receiver from Okie State .... Rashaun Woods, he was drafted in the 1st round in 2004 by the 49ers. He was released last year by the Hamilton Tiger Cats..........

Jesterhole
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
This forum is intent and seeing all our young, talented players gone.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
**** drafting wide receivers high. Eddie Royal was the exception, not the rule. I wouldn't touch them before the 3rd round, at the earliest.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 03:02 PM
**** drafting wide receivers high. Eddie Royal was the exception, not the rule. I wouldn't touch them before the 3rd round, at the earliest.

What rule? Lots of teams have found WRs that have panned out in the first round. If your scout people do there jobs right you shouldn't have to worry about draft picks. You get the right FO in place and we can build through the draft and make this team better.

TheDave
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
What rule? Lots of teams have found WRs that have panned out in the first round. If your scout people do there jobs right you shouldn't have to worry about draft picks. You get the right FO in place and we can build through the draft and make this team better.

Yep, our 1st next year will... ehhh... never mind.

Elway777
08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
**** drafting wide receivers high. Eddie Royal was the exception, not the rule. I wouldn't touch them before the 3rd round, at the earliest. You wouldn't draft him before the 3 round are you serious. My worry is if the Broncos trade with the Jets and they pick around the 10 or 13 pick that he will be gone. I think he could go top 5.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Yep, our 1st next year will... ehhh... never mind.

Well if we trade all our draft picks Pat doesn't have to worry about signing players that are risks and paying a scouts to go out an look at players. Seems like a win for him. :)

Pony Boy
08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Bring these guys back !!!!!!

1st round....6th round..... 2nd round ........

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Panning out is one thing. Marshall has certainly panned out.

If the diva part is the problem, which you are basically saying it is, then you are just going to have to deal with that all over again. How many first round WRs.....that actually produce....turn out NOT to be divas just like Marshall?

There is no real upside but there is a TON of potential downside to trading Marshall for a #1 just to use that selection on another WR. It just doesn't make sense.

ward63
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I'd rather have proven talent than potential talent any day....

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM

The Wide Receivers have a high bust quotient because the majority of them are divas who aren't willing to work at their trade to get better because they've been getting by on superior athletic ability to this point rule.

bronco militia
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM

and the 6th rounder was the best one of the bunch

Hercules Rockefeller
08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Excellent point. 1st round contracts are pretty ridiculous and you are only paying for potential.

No. 1st round contracts outside the first 7 or 8 picks are incredible bargins.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Shaun Ellis and Vernon Gholston are guys I wouldn't mind seeing if we did have to trade Marshall. How ever you would have to package it to make it work. Marcus Thomas, Moss or whatever. Ellis is on the the down side but he still improves the DLine. If we do trade I want players with a picks. Gholston is way out of favor with the coaching staff there. The fans hate him like we hate Moss ;D Clemens isn't a bad idea either.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I remember another 1st round can't miss wide receiver from Okie State .... Rashaun Woods, he was drafted in the 1st round in 2004 by the 49ers. He was released last year by the Hamilton Tiger Cats..........

Dez Bryant isnt Rashaun Woods.

Dez is a huge receiver, that is fast and has hands every bit as stick as Fitz or Moss or Calvin Johnson.

HE was the best receiver in teh Big XII last year, not Crabtree. ANd he will be the best receiver in teh nation this year.

Id bet money that Dez will end up more like Fitz or Calvin Johnson than he does Rashaun Woods. Woods was touted as a great route runner, but that's pretty much all he had going for him. Dez is the complete package.

Dr. Broncenstein
Bear in mind the submitter of this thread knows of a secret cure for all cancers, which is kept under wraps by Big Pharma and the scientific method.

Rock Chalk
That being said, Dez is going top 5 and is going to get top 5 money.

Fusionfrontman
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I stopped reading when someone started knocking Marshall's hands saying this guy has better hands. Yeah he has had the drops, but considering his injury what would you expect. Better hands than a guy who over 2 years caught over 210 receptions?
Sure

elsid13
08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
You don't trade young proven talent for potential talent. And Stanton sucks and isn't worth a 6th round never mind a third. The guy couldn't beat out Dan Orlovsky on 0-16 Lions team you want to bring him to Denver???

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
The Wide Receivers have a high bust quotient because the majority of them are divas who aren't willing to work at their trade to get better because they've been getting by on superior athletic ability to this point rule.

And most of the good ones have been picked in the first 2 rounds. Dre' Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald are the top WRs in the NFL and all first round picks.

Atlas
08-27-2009, 03:38 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=24732&stc=1&d=1251407385

They would add a spark to the offense. Along with Royal that would be quite a set of WRs.

Baba Booey
08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
I'd rather have proven talent than potential talent any day....

Clearly. Which is why trading Marshall sucks any way you slice it. We're not going to get equal value for him player wise, and the best we can do is hope that a player we draft can at least partially fill his void.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Panning out is one thing. Marshall has certainly panned out.

If the diva part is the problem, which you are basically saying it is, then you are just going to have to deal with that all over again. How many first round WRs.....that actually produce....turn out NOT to be divas just like Marshall?

There is no real upside but there is a TON of potential downside to trading Marshall for a #1 just to use that selection on another WR. It just doesn't make sense.

Fitz, Dre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson so far have been perfect. Guys like Holmes and Ginn have produced and no problems either.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I stopped reading when someone started knocking Marshall's hands saying this guy has better hands. Yeah he has had the drops, but considering his injury what would you expect. Better hands than a guy who over 2 years caught over 210 receptions?
Sure

Dez Bryant does have better hands than Marshall. Youve obviously never watch him play.

TheReverend
and the 6th rounder was the best one of the bunch

Really? I was partial to Vance myself, but I was real young.

Pony Boy
Bear in mind the submitter of this thread knows of a secret cure for all cancers, which is kept under wraps by Big Pharma and the scientific method.

Where do I invest ? Hilarious!

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Dez Bryant isnt Rashaun Woods.

Dez is a huge receiver, that is fast and has hands every bit as stick as Fitz or Moss or Calvin Johnson.

HE was the best receiver in teh Big XII last year, not Crabtree. ANd he will be the best receiver in teh nation this year.

Id bet money that Dez will end up more like Fitz or Calvin Johnson than he does Rashaun Woods. Woods was touted as a great route runner, but that's pretty much all he had going for him. Dez is the complete package.

I like him a TON too, but all eyes will be on him this season. People will be looking only for faults. He WILL get over-scouted. If he can play lights out, then he'll get drafted HIGH like Fitz and Calvin. If not, he'll be a steal like Anquan.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Fitz, Dre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson so far have been perfect. Guys like Holmes and Ginn have produced and no problems either.

Hmmmm, guys that all have either gotten paid big money up front, or got paid immediately after they started producing. What if Fitz was still playing on his rookie contract? He'd be entering the last year of it this year if it wasn't redone.

And Ginn? Really?!?

In 2 years, he has 90 rec for 1210 yds and 4 TDs. And for that, he's collected about 10x as much money as Marshall.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Hmmmm, guys that all have either gotten paid big money up front, or got paid immediately after they started producing. What if Fitz was still playing on his rookie contract? He'd be entering the last year of it this year if it wasn't redone.

And Ginn? Really?!?

In 2 years, he has 90 rec for 1210 yds and 4 TDs. And for that, he's collected about 10x as much money as Marshall.

Ginn is starting to come on. Phins QB play prior to Pennington was sad, but yeah he still is making his money. All you are saying is if the WR is making what they are worth then they are happy. I think Marshall would shut up and play to if he was getting paid fair value for him but that is the tricky part because of the off field stuff.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Im with Militia on this. Mark Jackson was my favorite of the bunch but I liked Vance a lot too. Nattiel eh...not so much.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I like him a TON too, but all eyes will be on him this season. People will be looking only for faults. He WILL get over-scouted. If he can play lights out, then he'll get drafted HIGH like Fitz and Calvin. If not, he'll be a steal like Anquan.

I wouldnt pay much attention to the Pokes but my brother is alum and his conversion from a Jayhawk to a Poke is a sore subject in our family. Anyway, I root for them kinda on the sidelines because they are my brothers team. Thats why Ive seen so much of him and he's a freakin beast.

All eyes will be on him this season yeah, but last season he took a POUNDING from opposing teams because they knew (at least in teh Big XII) that he was a bad ass and they did everything they could to stop him and still couldn't. I see no reason, barring injury, that they will be able to stop him this year either.

Pony Boy
08-27-2009, 03:53 PM
That being said, Dez is going top 5 and is going to get top 5 money.

It kinda feels like you could be a Oklie State "homer" ? I just hate to use a first round pick on a wr ............:)

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM

Bingo.

Might as well throw some dice to see if a 1st round WR will pan out. Odds are just about the same...

Nope, we need BMarsh more than BMarsh needs the Broncos. If McD can salvage the situation than he should...

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
It kinda feels like you could be a Oklie State "homer" ? I just hate to use a first round pick on a wr ............:)

No, i explained why I watch Okie State but I dont particularly like them.

I have seen enough of Dez Bryant to know that if he repeats last years performance, he is going top 5. Right now he is slotted at 8 but he could end up in the top 5 if he continues on his path.

I personally think we could get the other Dez from the Big XII, Dezmon Briscoe and be just as happy with him. Dude is a stud.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bz6V06jEbnk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bz6V06jEbnk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Check out that stupid catch at 2:06

Elway777
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Bear in mind the submitter of this thread knows of a secret cure for all cancers, which is kept under wraps by Big Pharma and the scientific method. I don't care if you don't beleive me. I saved my Dad who was only given 2 months to live and now he is cancer free. Under the certain system they only use Chemo and Radiation and their are many other soldiers that will fight cancer. Oxigen therapy, mass doses of Co-enyme q10, mass dosses of Anti oxidant, Cesium Therapy that bocks cancer cell from receiving Glucose and raises PH levels that kill cancer cells. DCa ,which turns on the mitrocondria in cancer cells causes cancer cells to committ suicide .Useing Insulan with lose dose Chemo drugs that allows chemo drugs to go into into cancer cells better with lower side effects. Their are so many over cancer treatment I could spent all day typing. The trick to killing cancer is use multiply theripies at the same time . Bring in as many soldier as you can to fight the cancer. Alot of these treatment have bring proven scientficifly but still nobody does reseach and tries to get FDA approval.BIg pharma would be completly destoyed if they found a cheap cure for Cancer.

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of keeping home grown talent.

McD is a pretty big fan of New England grown talent

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:22 PM
No, i explained why I watch Okie State but I dont particularly like them.

I have seen enough of Dez Bryant to know that if he repeats last years performance, he is going top 5. Right now he is slotted at 8 but he could end up in the top 5 if he continues on his path.

I personally think we could get the other Dez from the Big XII, Dezmon Briscoe and be just as happy with him. Dude is a stud.

Sweeet. We can draft him with our high draft pick ... ur... crap, that pick went to Seattle.:pfbbt:

SureShot
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM

I think he sells BBQ in Rifle now.

Elway777
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5uPJGwscU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXYiZjT038&feature=related

More Dez Bryrant highlights. If these highlights don't convince you then nothing will.