PDA

View Full Version : marshall not at practice

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
per DP twitter...

Baba Booey
08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Just ****ing get rid of him already. This isn't going to blow over.

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Just ****ing get rid of him already. This isn't going to blow over.

Right out of the gates...just the kind of response you grow to expect from this place.

Jason in LA
08-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Right out of the gates...just the kind of response you grow to expect from this place.

Pretty much the same thing that I thought. There hasn't been any explanation, but the flaming has already begun.

Houshyamama
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
will the season just start already?

Archer81
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Dawning of the age of aquarius, AGE OF AQUARIUS....

:Broncos:

dbfan21
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
per DP twitter...

maybe he's in Pat's office signing his contract extension. :egbgb:

Rabb
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
will the season just start already?

+ infinity

SoDak Bronco
08-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Wednesday, receiver Brandon Marshall held the blocking dummy while his position teammates bounced off him on their way to running routes in two different position drills.
Today, Marshall isn’t practicing at all. It’s possible Marshall needs more time to heal his hamstring/hip. It’s also possible he remains in coach Josh McDaniels’ doghouse.
Doesn’t appear Marshall will make his 2009 debut this Sunday against the Chicago Bears.
Also sitting out the practice Thursday were running backs Knowshon Moreno (knee) and LaMont Jordan (leg), quarterback Chris Simms (ankle), cornerback Tony Carter (leg), defensive tackle Marcus Thomas (shoulder) and defensive end Le Kevin Smith (undisclosed).

Atlas
08-27-2009, 01:48 PM
maybe he's in Pat's office signing his contract extension. :egbgb:

Maybe he's been notified that he has been traded.... To Chicago for a 2nd round pick.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I heard on the light rail that McDaniels asked him to go and pick up some clam chowder for the team's after-practice snack.

Chris
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Do you think he's friends with Wayne Brady?

Baba Booey
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Pretty much the same thing that I thought. There hasn't been any explanation, but the flaming has already begun.

Shucks guys I'm real sorry.

Popcorn Sutton
08-27-2009, 01:55 PM

It's McDaniels... He's trying to run off another Pro-Bowler. McDaniels sucks. I hate him.

Too sarcastic?

Ambiguous
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Seriously who ****in' cares at this point?

gtown
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Only one way to truly find out where BMarsh is.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
It's McDaniels... He's trying to run off another Pro-Bowler. McDaniels sucks. I hate him.

Too sarcastic?

yes, mcdaniels is purposely trying to lose. who wants to win, or needs job security? idiot.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
He's needed.

TailgateNut
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=SoDak Bronco;2525810]Wednesday, receiver Brandon Marshall held the blocking dummy while his position teammates bounced off him on their way to running routes in two different position drills.
QUOTE]

They got the training down to a T. Blocking DUMMY!

He can be a permanent fixture at Dove Valley.

Eldorado
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Too sarcastic?

Evidently.

yes, mcdaniels is purposely trying to lose. who wants to win, or needs job security? idiot.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Evidently.

to be fair, he added the "too sarcastic" afterwards :D

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Evidently.

Glad you're back.

Peoples Champ
08-27-2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pklq_ShnbA

Gcver2ver3
08-27-2009, 02:08 PM
i'm not jumping to conclusions but i'm coming to a point to where i don't care the reason he misses practice...just the fact that he isn't there sucks...

this act is getting way old...

2KBack
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Hmmm, this puts a bit of a crack in my theory that all of this was a ruse to make the other teams think that Denver isn't unified. It doesn't kill it though. I thought McD was going to wait until the Bears game to finally unleash the full awesomeness of the 2009 Broncos. Looks like he might be going the smarter diabolical route and waiting until the regular season. It's all a big trick on the league and the media.

TheDave
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Maybe that's just how the 12th starter practices in this offense...

Eldorado
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Glad you're back.

Took a while to shake off the shock of the 'shanahan' thing.

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Shucks guys I'm real sorry.

Easy there, Sparky! I wasn't criticizing you, per se, more so the general negative attitude of the board. :sunshine:

Popps
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Wow, more possible douchebaggery from Brandon?

Stop the presses!

Atlas
08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow, more possible douchebaggery from Brandon?

Stop the presses!

Speaking of jumping to conclusiuons.

ND Bronco Fan
08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
f'ing douchebag.........i wish he would just go away........

Popps
08-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Easy there, Sparky! I wasn't criticizing you, per se, more so the general negative attitude of the board. :sunshine:

Yea, but I'd also say that whether you're a fan or a Mopey Mafia member, almost every is tired of Marshal's act. It's just played out. People stop caring after a certain point and would rather win without someone like that.

Atlas
08-27-2009, 02:23 PM
f'ing douchebag.........i wish he would just go away........

More jumping to conclusions

Popcorn Sutton
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM

Did ya not read the "Too sarcastic?" portion of my quote. Pipe down buddy. It was a joke.

Garcia Bronco
08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I heard on the light rail that McDaniels asked him to go and pick up some clam chowder for the team's after-practice snack.

I heard he was the new juice box guy....like Mike Ditka.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Took a while to shake off the shock of the 'shanahan' thing.

It'll shake off when Josh puts up a good season.

Popcorn Sutton
08-27-2009, 02:27 PM

Bingo. :thumbsup:

Idiot.

Eldorado
08-27-2009, 02:28 PM

god, don't start that ****. I'm just excited to see our dlinemen tackling the RB like they've been in prison 20 years and someody dropped the soap.

ND Bronco Fan
08-27-2009, 02:29 PM
More jumping to conclusions

Kiss my ass........I am tired of hearing about him and his excuses, almost as tired of him as I am of the ettiquite police around here. If I am tired of BM being a pussy and want him to man up and take his 2+million dollars for playing a game this year then that is exactly what I am going to say.

tsiguy96

atleast you say WHEN, as though you know its inevitable he will. welcome to the club ;)

Ambiguous
He's needed.

For what? Are we going to the playoffs this year?

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 02:37 PM
atleast you say WHEN, as though you know its inevitable he will. welcome to the club ;)

As down on him as I may be (and, fyi, I was HAPPY that we signed him before all the drama went down), I'm still optimistic that he'll be a good coach.

I DO think he royally screwed the pooch with personnel decisions this off-season, and I have NOT been inspired with his play-calling thus far.

Throw Brandon back on the field though, and I think it opens more things up for him and then he can be REALLY evaluated.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Cutler called Marshall this morning and told him to have all his sh*t moved out of his basement pronto or he'd meet him at midfield this weekend and tear him a new one.

Apparently, Marshall has made such a mess of the place that Cutler can't sell it.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 02:38 PM

Would you rather give up especially with no first round pick?

Eldorado
08-27-2009, 02:40 PM
As down on him as I may be (and, fyi, I was HAPPY that we signed him before all the drama went down), I'm still optimistic that he'll be a good coach.

I DO think he royally screwed the pooch with personnel decisions this off-season, and I have NOT been inspired with his play-calling thus far.

Throw Brandon back on the field though, and I think it opens more things up for him and then he can be REALLY evaluated.

I'll give him a pass on the play calling. The 1s are moving the ball well early, and as far as the red-zone is concerned, which unit needs the reps more:

the 2 TE with Hillis 'the hammer' taking it in?

or

3 wides with 'ambidextrous' orton?

I bet we see more of the hammer in the regular season.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 02:44 PM
i'm not jumping to conclusions but i'm coming to a point to where i don't care the reason he misses practice...just the fact that he isn't there sucks...

this act is getting way old...

Haha, your user name has officially reached "Type what you see below so we can confirm you're a real person" status.

Pony Boy
08-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Might be the swine flu ..............

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I'll give him a pass on the play calling. The 1s are moving the ball well early, and as far as the red-zone is concerned, which unit needs the reps more:

the 2 TE with Hillis 'the hammer' taking it in?

or

3 wides with 'ambidextrous' orton?

I bet we see more of the hammer in the regular season.

None of that is my concern. Nor is the situational play-calling.

I'm concerned about what he will do when the screen and short game inevitably gets shut down.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 03:01 PM

I want to believe that he's smokescreening on offense so no one knows what to expect come regular season, but I have a hard time believing that, given how much he's been playing the starters :-/ I do expect far more running plays once we get down to games that matter though, I think we're set up nicely for it.

Eldorado
08-27-2009, 03:01 PM

I'm concerned about what he will do when the screen and short game inevitably gets shut down.

Yup. It's a concern.

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Hmmm, this puts a bit of a crack in my theory that all of this was a ruse to make the other teams think that Denver isn't unified. It doesn't kill it though. I thought McD was going to wait until the Bears game to finally unleash the full awesomeness of the 2009 Broncos. Looks like he might be going the smarter diabolical route and waiting until the regular season. It's all a big trick on the league and the media.

:notworthy

TheDave
08-27-2009, 03:15 PM

pffftt... the screen game getting shut down...Hilarious!

where do you haters come up with this stuff?

widows...bitches...bears fans... come to think of it... don't make me kick your ass.

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM

Yes!

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
pffftt... the screen game getting shut down...Hilarious!

where do you haters come up with this stuff?

widows...b****es...bears fans... come to think of it... don't make me kick your ass.

You forgot "nut-huggers". Otherwise, GJDM

NFLBRONCO
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm in the WE SHOULD KEEP BM crowd but, man I'd love to get this settled one way or the other asap.

bowtown
08-27-2009, 03:32 PM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1179/931776250_eaa7fc3561.jpg?v=0

Atlas
08-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Kiss my ass........I am tired of hearing about him and his excuses, almost as tired of him as I am of the ettiquite police around here. If I am tired of BM being a p***Y and want him to man up and take his 2+million dollars for playing a game this year then that is exactly what I am going to say.

He hasn't done a god damn thing besides not be at practice. Maybe you should wait for the reason.

ohiobronco2
08-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Only one way to truly find out where BMarsh is.

Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

Popps
08-27-2009, 03:51 PM

Seems to me that if we run the spread efficiently, the only way they can stop it is to start to cheat guys up and over... and at some point, that sets up the running game and the big play.

Orton doesn't have a cannon, but he's capable of putting a ball 25 yards into Royal's hands on the run. (Etc.)

I actually think the efficiency with which we're running the offense at this stage is encouraging. Once teams start to make adjustments to deal with one thing, it always opens up another.

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Anyone listen to 1043thefan? They are reporting that BMasrsh was dogging it at prractice yesteday, knocking down all the passes thrown at him and other disturbing things. 7news says they have video of it and are going to show it at 4

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM

No he didn't because its in your quote. Had he added it afterwards it wouldn't be in your quote.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Mctrade him!

cousinal11
Anyone listen to 1043thefan? They are reporting that BMasrsh was dogging it at prractice yesteday, knocking down all the passes thrown at him and other disturbing things. 7news says they have video of it and are going to show it at 4

If anyone could link this for us not in the area it would be appreciated.

Can't believe this crap, then again I can.

ND Bronco Fan
He hasn't done a god damn thing besides not be at practice. Maybe you should wait for the reason.

See post #60........

Hogan11
08-27-2009, 03:58 PM

I wouldn't doubt it a bit if he went into a "operation shutdown" mode

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM

You know Rev, this is pre-season. Its quite possible that he is throwing so many screens out there to throw people off.

I suspect we will see a bit more variation in the Bears game, at least I hope we do and Im almost positive we see a crapton of change in the regular season.

Popps
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't doubt it a bit if he went into a "operation shutdown" mode

I can't imagine it's anything else. I'd suspect he's already there.

If he gets traded, watch this "injury" heal right up.

Borks147
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
He is gonna tear his ACL a la Javon Walker in Green Bay the first game of the season.

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
If anyone could link this for us not in the area it would be appreciated.

Can't believe this crap, then again I can.

I'm on my phone,so no link from me. But they said he literally walked through the strecthing drills, and would just throw the ball to the other fields after each ply.

Borks147
08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm on my phone,so no link from me. But they said he literally walked through the strecthing drills, and would just throw the ball to the other fields after each ply.

I don't get this dude, he is just lowering his trade value, making it LESS likely he will be traded AND less likely to be paid.

Jason in LA
08-27-2009, 04:04 PM

In Boston, driving, and he has to be back in 23 hours. He better call the Bandit.

wolf754life
08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
he WILL not be professional, so no money for him, he can sit and rot.........

the broncos where around before b-marsh, and they will be around after #15

the guy will not take any responsibility...

doesn't he realize his past has weight, he can't get what he wants so he is acting childish....

he needs to get a reality check, maybe one more arrest, thats what i am hoping for, then the league will wash its hands of him.

ask chris henry of the bengals how his career has worked out

million dollar talent, 10 cent head....

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Seems to me that if we run the spread efficiently, the only way they can stop it is to start to cheat guys up and over... and at some point, that sets up the running game and the big play.

Orton doesn't have a cannon, but he's capable of putting a ball 25 yards into Royal's hands on the run. (Etc.)

I actually think the efficiency with which we're running the offense at this stage is encouraging. Once teams start to make adjustments to deal with one thing, it always opens up another.

Hence why I remain optimistic about his coaching ability. Still, this remains to be seen. Of course, it is only the pre-season.

You know Rev, this is pre-season. Its quite possible that he is throwing so many screens out there to throw people off.

I suspect we will see a bit more variation in the Bears game, at least I hope we do and Im almost positive we see a crapton of change in the regular season.

Never claimed it wasn't possible...

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't get this dude, he is just lowering his trade value, making it LESS likely he will be traded AND less likely to be paid.

Brandons agent knows what he is doing ok.
http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Now if this is true, I will make a 180 degree turn on my earlier stance on the guy. Let him ride the pine all season if this is the case.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Could be intentional. I always wondered why more teams didn't tamper with players and tell them to do stuff like this so the team looking to trade them will ask for less compensation in return.

Look at Cutler. Sure, he's happy that he's on the team of his dreams growing up, but I'm sure he wishes they had their first and third picks this year and their first rounder next year to work with to get him some help. By raising your value, you're almost hurting yourself in the long run if you are traded.

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Now if this is true, I will make a 180 degree turn on my earlier stance on the guy. Let him ride the pine all season if this is the case.

Don't trade him, make him sit home pouting about being broke.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:09 PM

I would agree.

BroncoBuff
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I was a big supporter of appeasement ... until I read that Peter King interview, and now this.

He's gonna cost too much to keep anyway, he'll want Fitzgerald-like money, and that's too risky. Send him to the Jets/Raven/whomever for a 1st round pick.

Garcia Bronco
08-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Get off of twitter. It's just a fast way to spread the Sorry Word.

Bronx33
I was a big supporter of appeasement ... until I read that Peter King interview, and now this.

He's gonna cost too much to keep anyway, he'll want Fitzgerald-like money, and that's too risky. Send him to the Jets/Raven/whomever for a 1st round pick.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if he would take the time ( to earn it) LOL

Popps

Better yet, do that this year... the franchise him next.

There's no way we get real value for him in a trade, imo.

That said, we did better for Cutler than I thought we would do. So, anything could happen. But, if we get offered a #1 for this slob, we'd better run not walk to accept that offer.

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Channel 7 news here in denver says they have video, and are going to show it right now, I'm sure it'll be on the internet shortly

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Channel 7 news here in denver says they have video, and are going to show it right now, I'm sure it'll be on the internet shortly

I got my TV on!

Rabb
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM
we are in such a ****ty situation

we really should trade him at this point, but then we are continuing a dangerous pattern

let him sit and ruin his trade value, which is what we should have done with Jay

Atlas
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Why the hell would he sit home? Are you retarded? He has been at camp for weeks now and said he isn't going to hold out.

bowtown
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Why the hell would he sit home? Are you retarded? He has been at camp for weeks now and said he isn't going to hold out.

I think he's suggesting a suspension, which if the reports are true, I'm pretty much fully in favor of at this point.

Hotrod
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Brandon needs more Bacon in his diet.

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
we are in such a ****ty situation

we really should trade him at this point, but then we are continuing a dangerous pattern

let him sit and ruin his trade value, which is what we should have done with Jay

We will goe nothing of value in a trade if what is being said is true. Let him sit at home while on suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Pay him nothing.

Gcver2ver3
08-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Haha, your user name has officially reached "Type what you see below so we can confirm you're a real person" status.

8')...thing of beauty ain't it?...

broncolife
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Brandon needs more Bacon in his diet.

Hopefully not the kind that can arrest him

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Be funny if McDaniels came out and said that it was a drill they were working on intentionally. "Because Kyle throws so many INTs, we thought it would be a good idea to teach our WRs how to bat the ball down to avoid the pick."

That would have to get Marshall all flustered.

It's genius I tell you.

Rabb
08-27-2009, 04:19 PM
well we cannot say to sit him, because we don't want to trade him for unfair value in the same breath

if he is not playing, he is not that damn valuable...I hate to say it, but we are basically at a crossroads here

1. trade him, build for later with picks and hopefully a defensive contributor now
2. let him sit and get nothing out of him which is as good as him not being here

I really think he will be dealt, the team first mentality will assure that one....and I am starting to agree at this point

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I got my TV on!

Remember, if this turns out to be nothing, don't shoot the messenger, I was just reporting what I heard from the radio

Gcver2ver3
08-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Remember, if this turns out to be nothing, don't shoot the messenger, I was just reporting what I heard from the radio

too late!...(shots fired)..

Bronx33

No big deal but i can't save you from the others. :P

worm
This is why Cutler is so smart. He knew the correct way to force a trade...to his childhood team, no less!

Brandon has no clue how to force a trade. FAIL.

Rabb
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
We will goe nothing of value in a trade if what is being said is true. Let him sit at home while on suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Pay him nothing.

can't have it both ways though

what good does it do the Broncos to sit him which is basically losing anything he can contribute versus dealing him?

one of my Chief's in the Navy once told me, bad news won't get better with time

same applies here, if his value is going to go down and they don't think he will put forth an effort to play here...dealing him now seems to be the most logical thing

Hotrod
08-27-2009, 04:25 PM
So um did anything actually happen?

bowtown
08-27-2009, 04:25 PM
well we cannot say to sit him, because we don't want to trade him for unfair value in the same breath

if he is not playing, he is not that damn valuable...I hate to say it, but we are basically at a crossroads here

1. trade him, build for later with picks and hopefully a defensive contributor now
2. let him sit and get nothing out of him which is as good as him not being here, but helps rectify the tattered image that our FO are pushovers and anyone who is unhappy with their contract can simply whine their way out of town.

I really think he will be dealt, the team first mentality will assure that one....and I am starting to agree at this point

You forgot the second part of #2.

DivineBronco
08-27-2009, 04:26 PM

2. let him sit and get nothing out of him which is as good as him not being here

this makes complete and total sense logically...but at times like this the child in me comes out and thinks....we can get nowhere near fair value for him. So it is time a team finally makes an example of one of these guys and takes away what is really important to him the ability to make money. If Brandon is as hurting for cash as reports say it wont be long till he does something dumb gets in trouble with the law and is out of the league maybe once some spoiled brat doesn't get their way.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:26 PM
So um did anything actually happen?

They found a little girl abducted in 1991 today!

bowtown
08-27-2009, 04:27 PM
They found a little girl abducted in 1991 today!

So Marshall didn't eat her after all! Hmmm... this may change things.

Atlas
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
So eveyone wants to sit him or trade him. WTF don't they just pay him? He is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Structure the contract to protect themselves and PAY HIM!

2 years ago Marshall led the NFL in yards after the catch, well in this new Kyle Orton Screen offense Marshall would be a very good weapon.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
So Marshall didn't eat her after all! This may change things.

Hilarious! but i did notice that hotrod looks an aweful lot like the shaggy bandit they are looking for.

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM

See TO in Philly situation years back.

I don't want to help this punk out one bit.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Well that was a weak report.....

SonOfLe-loLang
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
So eveyone wants to sit him or trade him. WTF don't they just pay him? He is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Structure the contract to protect themselves and PAY HIM!

Its too logical.

Then again, im not one for rewarding bad behavior like this, but i don't get why they didnt pay him originally...or at least once his court case was resolved. The guy is a young stud who completely over performed. They should have negotiated in good faith at that point.

Or, of course, my other theory is that Bowlen has no money

bowtown
Hilarious! but i did notice that hotrod looks an aweful lot like the shaggy bandit they are looking for.

Well it was one or the other.

dbfan4life

When he comes out and demonstrates some maturity and desire to play for the team, I'm all with you. If he wants to dog it in practice and bat balls down intentionally (allegedly), then let him ride the pine.

Atlas
See TO in Philly situation years back.

I don't want to help this punk out one bit.

You mean the year TO helped the Eagles to the SB, which they haven't been back... Yeah, I see your point.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 04:32 PM
I hope that the Jets come through. We need players though. Even if its a second round pick with players I think we make out OK. I love Marshall but we need player that will play for us. Clemens, and a player from the D would be fine with me.

Rabb
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
this makes complete and total sense logically...but at times like this the child in me comes out and thinks....we can get nowhere near fair value for him. So it is time a team finally makes an example of one of these guys and takes away what is really important to him the ability to make money. If Brandon is as hurting for cash as reports say it wont be long till he does something dumb gets in trouble with the law and is out of the league maybe once some spoiled brat doesn't get their way.

a part of me thinks that also honestly also but it seems like we would be cutting off our nose in spite of our face

and people clamoring to "just pay him" kill me, that is as good as trading him in terms of the precedent set

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Well that was a weak report.....

It was prett weak, but marshall is acting like a *****. They need to sit him

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
You mean the year TO helped the Eagles to the SB, which they haven't been back... Yeah, I see your point.

No I mean the year after that when TO criticized McNabb from the Super Bowl the year before.

I have been all for paying Marshall and getting on with the season but this soap opera isn't going to end the way we all hoped it would.

ZONA
08-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm not jumping to conclusions but yesterday he was holding a blocking dummy all day and today he is not there. He probably didn't want to hold a blocking dummy all day again.

One thing is for sure, we are all sick to death of this BM drama. It would be nice to see him man up and just play. He's not getting traded right now it appears so he needs to accept that and play out the season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM
How much can the team bring back for "conduct detrimental to the team" if this **** is true?

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
a part of me thinks that also honestly also but it seems like we would be cutting off our nose in spite of our face

and people clamoring to "just pay him" kill me, that is as good as trading him in terms of the precedent set

I agree that it is now. Two months ago it would've set the precedent that we reward people that outperform their contract.

This situation with Brandon just sucks from every angle right now.

Hotrod
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Great just what I need someone who looks like me plastered all over the televisions Ha!

Hey wait I'm not shaggy

Ok I just looked up the story and I dont look anything like that dude. I'm safe

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
How much can the team bring back for "conduct detrimental to the team" if this **** is true?

In english?

Do you mean, how much money can they recoup? From his contract, not much at all.

Do you mean, do they have a case? If this is true, absolutely.

However, if they suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, you can be f'ing certain that he fires right back with charges over the team's mis-diagnosis of his hip injury.

Lose/lose right now. Send him where he wants to go.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
what did the report say?

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow, I don't even really give a **** about Cutler any more. He seems classy now compared to this gongshow.

FireFly
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM

2 years ago Marshall led the NFL in yards after the catch, well in this new Kyle Orton Screen offense Marshall would be a very good weapon.

I was the biggest advocate of giving him an incentive laden contract full of protection for the broncos - shouldn't be a concern for him, since all he has to do is keep his nose clean.

But I really don't like the idea of giving him a contract, rewarding him for acting like this.

I just want it to be over already.

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
what did the report say?

The report is that there is no report.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
what did the report say?

Showed brandon batting down a pass then MCD surrounded by reporters asking questions about brandon where he said ( no comment ) one reporter asked if he knew where brandon was and he said ( i have no idea where brandon is) but MCD didn't look happy.

Hotrod
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Hes gone

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Showed brandon batting down a pass then MCD surrounded by reporters asking questions about brandon where he said ( no comment ) one reporter asked if he knew where brandon was and he said ( i have no idea where brandon is) but MCD didn't look happy.

Seriously, messing around and ruining practice for everyone like that...I find it hard to believe some of the vets didn't tear him a new one. Dawkins? Graham? That wouldn't fly.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Fan-****ing-tastic.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Hes Mcgone

fixed

meangene

If this is true, we have every right to suspend him without pay and should do so immediately.

Bronx33
Fan-****ing-tastic.

It was a pretty weak report for sure.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I can't believe Florio hasn't got anything on this yet, he's usually all over us.

Taco John
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
More good things from the best offseason in the last 10 years.

boppool
If this is true, we have every right to suspend him without pay and should do so immediately.

Well, whatever the trade value he had.. It just went down a whole lot lower..
We'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him now.

Taco John
I can't believe Florio hasn't got anything on this yet, he's usually all over us.

He's passed out from information orgasm.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 04:57 PM
He's passed out from information orgasm.

Ahh the elusive male infogasm. Some say it's a myth!

Yeah seriously the only way this would be better for him is if Shanny was still the coach.

meangene
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Well, whatever the trade value he had.. It just went down a whole lot lower..
We'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him now.

That's why we just suspend the bitch. Conduct detrimental to the team. No pay!

SureShot
08-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Fan-****ing-tastic.

Somebody needs to put a tent over this circus.

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyone else think it's strange that only one outlet is covering this?

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:06 PM
That's why we just suspend the b****. Conduct detrimental to the team. No pay!

I'm with you on that, but what good does that do to us?
If he doesn't even want to practice, do you think he'll show up for game after the suspension?

I say we trade him now for whatever we can get and move on..

Ratboy
08-27-2009, 05:06 PM
He would have been escorted off the field by security if this was the case.

elsid13
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
So did anyone actually see the story or this still just a report on internet? Do we know if Marshall was just joking around in between plays or was during a drill? Or do we just throw him under the bus because that what we do here?

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
He would have been escorted off the field by security if this was the case.

They said they have the video of it..

BTW RTribbey, where in Korea are you at? I was stationed at Camp Gerry Owen while back.

underrated29
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I think i am going to become a lions fan. Atleast they are gaining good players. We are just getting rid of them as we progress through the days.

SureShot
08-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Its just practice!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exOxUAntx8I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exOxUAntx8I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ratboy
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
They said they have the video of it..

BTW RTribbey, where in Korea are you at? I was stationed at Camp Gerry Owen while back.

Suwon AB till Sunday. I head back to Japan.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 05:16 PM
I think i am going to become a lions fan. Atleast they are gaining good players. We are just getting rid of them as we progress through the days.

I dub thee: underratedfan2438.

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
So did anyone actually see the story or this still just a report on internet? Do we know if Marshall was just joking around in between plays or was during a drill? Or do we just throw him under the bus because that what we do here?

There was video, and he wasn't clowning around. IMO it is blatent insubordination, and he is putting the team in a tough spot, were they might have to suspend him

elsid13
08-27-2009, 05:26 PM
There was video, and he wasn't clowning around. IMO it is blatent insubordination, and he is putting the team in a tough spot, were they might have to suspend him

Is the video posted somewhere?

If he was doing in the middle of practice it is very serious issue. I wonder how much is frustration with McDaniels (playing on the scout team, holding the blocking dummy,ect) for his reason to act out like a little kid. I have been very understanding until this point, but he needs to be a professional about this.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
What's the worst place to trade him to? Detroit for their terribleness? Cinci where he'll be arrested within his first 8 hours and have to face the Steelers and Ravens twice each? Tampa Bay?

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Is the video posted somewhere?

If he was doing in the middle of practice it is very serious issue. I wonder how much is frustration with McDaniels (playing on the scout team, holding the blocking dummy,ect) for his reason to act out like a little kid. I have been very understanding until this point, but he needs to be a professional about this.

When was he professional about anything???

Taco John
08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't trade him to Detroit. I've got him and Calvin Johnson in my keeper league, and I don't want them stealing TDs from eachother. K, tkx

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 05:32 PM
When was he professional about anything???

He sat through court hearings pretty professionally i hear.

yerner
08-27-2009, 05:32 PM
just pay the man.

Man-Goblin
08-27-2009, 05:34 PM

I will have to see the video, but if he's disrupting practice you're absolutely right. Suspend him for conduct detrimental. Give him permission to seek a trade, but that the only acceptable price is a 1st and a 4th (or whatever obscene price the Broncos want). Then, you sit his ass and tell him he's not going to earn a dime until he tells the team he's ready to act like an adult.

Basically, call his immature bluff.

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
just pay the man.

Look, what McD does hear from now will define him as a headcoach at Denver. If a child gets a candy by yelling and crying, other children will follow. He played a hardball with Cutler. I'm real interested to see what he does with BMarsh.

elsid13
08-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Don't trade him to Detroit. I've got him and Calvin Johnson in my keeper league, and I don't want them stealing TDs from eachother. K, tkx

After the Gutless Drunk thread I believe that exactly what Bowlen going to do you, TJ. Payback is a bitch.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Give him some money for this year ( not alot) but offer a huge contract starting next season based on this years play.

elsid13
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
It very easy to create two tier contract that keeps both party happy. With roster bonuses, workout bonuses and other standard incentives (need to be active, minus injury 12 games etc) Marshall would get his money and Denver would be able to protect themselves

yerner
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Look, what McD does hear from now will define him as a headcoach at Denver. If a child gets a candy by yelling and crying, other children will follow. He played a hardball with ****ler. I'm real interested to see what he does with BMarsh.

the 'child' as you say deserves more money. if other players perform on the field the way he has then they should be able to seek it. he has no other means of negotiation. if he blows out his knee, or gets his hip busted again, he gets nothing more than a boot out the door.

the broncos are better off with him. pay him what he's worth.

skpac1001
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
It very easy to create two tier contract that keeps both party happy. With roster bonuses, workout bonuses and other standard incentives (need to be active, minus injury 12 games etc) Marshall would get his money and Denver would be able to protect themselves

Maybe that's all Brandon is looking for, but maybe he realizes there is a good chance that he won't be fed the ball quite as much in 3+ WR plus backfield receivers formations without Cutler and with Royal and others looking to be a bigger part, and from that standpoint is not looking for an incentive deal, but one with big money guaranteed based on last years performance.

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Just saw the McDaniels interview on NFLN and he was pissed.

Said Brandon was in the building this morning, but that he didn't know where he was at for practice.

Hogan11
08-27-2009, 05:53 PM
What's the worst place to trade him to? Detroit for their terribleness? Cinci where he'll be arrested within his first 8 hours and have to face the Steelers and Ravens twice each? Tampa Bay?

St. Louis

Sassy
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM

Said Brandon was in the building this morning, but that he didn't know where he was at for practice.

Did he check his locker?

elsid13
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM

I guess McDaniels he didn't have anyone to play Hester on the Scout team.

boppool
08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
the 'child' as you say deserves more money. if other players perform on the field the way he has then they should be able to seek it. he has no other means of negotiation. if he blows out his knee, or gets his hip busted again, he gets nothing more than a boot out the door.

the broncos are better off with him. pay him what he's worth.

What he's seeking is not 1 year term. He's looking for Roddy White-type contract (6-year $50 Mil). What he has shown so far to get his wish is nothing short of immature and juvenile, not to mention all the off-field problems. Broncos, as broke as Pat is, can't afford to take that chance with this jerk for next 5 years.

meangene
08-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Yes, he was PISSED. Said he was not going to talk about it. When asked if he talked to him this morning, he said he was not going to talk about it. Said Marshall was in the building this morning but he did not know where he was now. Also said when he is ready and able to practice he will practice. Worst case of insubordination I can remember. They HAVE to suspend this douchebag. I would NEVER sign him to a new contract after this - the coach would never have the respect of the team. I would make a huge example out of him for as long as it takes.

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes, he was PISSED. Said he was not going to talk about it. When asked if he talked to him this morning, he said he was not going to talk about it. Said Marshall was in the building this morning but he did not know where he was now. Also said when he is ready and able to practice he will practice. Worst case of insubordination I can remember. They HAVE to suspend this douchebag. I would NEVER sign him to a new contract after this - the coach would never have the respect of the team. I would make a huge example out of him for as long as it takes.

Agree.

elsid13
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Look under the video section for McDaniels Q&A

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 06:03 PM

I agree with this.

Boobs McGee
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Well, sounds like this could be getting serious now.... so if we DO trade him, I'd like two solid d linemen and a 1st rounder. Any ideas?

What kind of effect do you think his petulance, coupled with the off the field drama and last year's surgery, will have on his trade value? (of course I'm hoping he quits acting like a ****ign baby and sacs up, but thinking of possibilities here)

Will a suspension severely hurt our chances for getting good value next year?

dbfan4life
08-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Well, sounds like this could be getting serious now.... so if we DO trade him, I'd like two solid d linemen and a 1st rounder. Any ideas?

What kind of effect do you think his petulance, coupled with the off the field drama and last year's surgery, will have on his trade value? (of course I'm hoping he quits acting like a ****ign baby and sacs up, but thinking of possibilities here)

I would say that right now, there is no trade value for BMarsh...not anything that we would jump at. Speculation for who and what we could get at this point in time is a wasted argument.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 06:09 PM

We agree on a stiffer punishment

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1676/taliban.jpg

TonyR
WTF don't they just pay him? He is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Structure the contract to protect themselves and PAY HIM!

It blows my mind that anyone could seriously suggest paying him right now. Unbelievable. And there is no way to structure a "safe" contract that would give the guy the kind of bonus he's looking for.

meangene

I think it is way beyond getting value for him now - it's about establishing who is running the team and who is not. Trading him now makes less sense than ever - his behavior has turned this into a full blown power struggle between an organization and a player. Trade him and he wins.

TonyR
08-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I would say that right now, there is no trade value for BMarsh...not anything that we would jump at. Speculation for who and what we could get at this point in time is a wasted argument.

True, and this was the case even before this incident.

Hogan11
08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Remember what the crypt keeper did to Marcus Allen? That's what the Broncos should do to Marshall if he doesn't come around.

Bronx33
All i know is brandon is a proven liability that wants alot of money.

boppool

Maybe the best scenario we can hope for right now is that we suspend him for a few games and hopefully there will be some teams with injuries at WR spot will be desperate enough to overpay for BMarsh a few games into the season.

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
None of us know why he wasn't practice, but judging by Coach's mannerisms, it doesn't look good. I agree bronconia, this is getting serious.

I say **** him. Suspend his ass for conduct detrimental to the team.

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Remember what the crypt keeper did to Marcus Allen? That's what the Broncos should do to Marshall if he doesn't come around.

Ohhhh god that was an extra low for davis i even felt bad for allen heck i even liked allen and hes probably the only raider i liked.

DenverBrit
08-27-2009, 06:13 PM
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

Boobs McGee
So, does that mean we suspend him and wait till his contract's up?

Wont that adversely effect anything we might be able to do next year?

Basically, my question is this. Which scenario (assuming he EVENTUALLY will be gone) will net us the most gain. So instead of asking specifically "what" or "who" we could get for him, "when" is the best time to make a move?

scorpio
http://imgur.com/2QrBT.gif

Bronx33
08-27-2009, 06:14 PM
None of us know why he wasn't practice, but judging by Coach's mannerisms, it doesn't look good. I agree bronconia, this is getting serious.

I say **** him. Suspend his ass for conduct detrimental to the team.

He seemed kinda preturbed with the same stupid questions from the same idiot reporters.

Atlas
More good things from the best offseason in the last 10 years.

"Best" offseason I have ever remembered and I have been watching since the early 80's

Broncojef
Sit his ass until he gets a clue. Pay him ...? You can't be serious...screw him.
Our best case scenario is to forget about him, suspend him and fine him into oblivion. Broncos>BM

SouthStndJunkie
B-Marsh needs to be hurt where it counts....the wallet.

If he is not doing what it takes to get ready to play games, then suspend him.

Hogan11
08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Ohhhh god that was an extra low for davis i even felt bad for allen heck i even liked allen and hes probably the only raider i liked.

Well, he's ruined his trade value and (if this whole thing is true) he's not showing up and when he does, he's not even trying......I'd call it justice.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
It blows my mind that anyone could seriously suggest paying him right now. Unbelievable. And there is no way to structure a "safe" contract that would give the guy the kind of bonus he's looking for.

You can. But he'd never agree to it.

It'd have to be "incentive laden", and then just have the guaranteed money only be reasonable instead of the gargantuan amount he'll be looking for.

Atlas
08-27-2009, 06:16 PM
don't trade him to detroit. I've got him and calvin johnson in my keeper league, and i don't want them stealing tds from eachother. K, tkx

lmao!!

meangene
08-27-2009, 06:17 PM
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

WHAT A DISGRACE! I can't wait for the league office to see this **** - he thought he had a short rope before!

dbfan4life
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

Thanks for posting. And yeah, what a tool!

elsid13
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

That is extremely bad. But from the body language that one individual is very frustrated with the his situation.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

Holy ****, did you see him kick the ball?

I'm not sure on whether to laugh or cry...

Boobs McGee
08-27-2009, 06:19 PM
You can. But he'd never agree to it.

It'd have to be "incentive laden", and then just have the guaranteed money only be reasonable instead of the gargantuan amount he'll be looking for.

I would love to see more contracts formed in this way. Dont really understand why it isn't done more often. I'm obviously not a business owner, but know from a working standpoint that my best production comes when I know I'm getting rewarded for hitting certain goals.

Why don't we have more incentive laden contracts? It would also seem to be a fairly effective way to weed out underachievers

Hogan11
08-27-2009, 06:19 PM
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

How can anyone defend this goof?

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2009, 06:20 PM

When you see the video, it makes it hard to defend him.

elsid13

I am laughing so hard, tears are rolling down my face.

DenverBrit

He's made it very easy for the Broncos to sit him down.

skpac1001
08-27-2009, 06:21 PM

I'm sure someone will say McDaniels was forcing him to practice as a punter.

telluride
08-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I love that the ad preceding that clip is for "Finding Happiness", a book from the Latter-Day Saints.

But on to football: After that display, there's no chance he ever takes the field as a Bronco again. Suspend him, and wipe out his income for the entire year. Then, perhaps, trade him next offseason for whatever you can get.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I would love to see more contracts formed in this way. Dont really understand why it isn't done more often. I'm obviously not a business owner, but know from a working standpoint that my best production comes when I know I'm getting rewarded for hitting certain goals.

Why don't we have more incentive laden contracts? It would also seem to be a fairly effective way to weed out underachievers

Simply put: Because it doesn't protect players from injury in such a violent profession.

Boobs McGee
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

are you ****ing kidding me? What a little bitch. Bet his teamates are LOVIN him right now :nono:

cousinal11
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

Holy ****! Where is an Atwater, or Romo, or Al Wilson to put this knucklehead in his place?

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM

I prefer throwing stuff.

Boobs McGee
08-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Simply put: Because it doesn't protect players from injury in such a violent profession.

Being serious here:

Large contracts for the purpose of protecting themselves for a life after football?

Really not trying to come off as comedic or sarcastic at all, contracts are just something I've never really understood.

400HZ
08-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Holy ****! Where is an Atwater, or Romo, or Al Wilson to put this knucklehead in his place?

They would have knocked him the f out while everyone else looked the other way.

That video is so disgusting that even I can't laugh about it.

Really, I can't. Uhh

skpac1001
08-27-2009, 06:30 PM

My guess is, since owners can terminate contracts and players can't, they don't do incentive contracts because they want to underpay the guys who work out and will cut the ones who are flops.

yerner
08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
the guy deserves a guaranteed big money contract. why would he play for 2mill? like it or not this is his life and his life's biggest oppritunity. the broncos are not treating him fair. so, yeah, go ahead and trade him or cut him. you know who loses? the broncos and their fans.

ive always called the guy a jerkoff for the record but he's worth what he can get.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Being serious here:

Large contracts for the purpose of protecting themselves for a life after football?

Really not trying to come off as comedic or sarcastic at all, contracts are just something I've never really understood.

Yes. In case of injury. Not hard for a player to lose their livelihood after a broken leg or a serious tear. Now, if they could manage money better...

Boobs McGee
08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
rev, I think I just figured out what you meant. Injury mid season ie: hamstring, out for two weeks kinda thing.

Couldn't they include some kind of a clause against that kind of incident? Like, a player's out two weeks, he has two weeks after he comes back to return to his previous "payscale" performance.

EDIT: just read the last post. got it.

Managing money? Come on now, I thought EVERY twenty two year old needed three bentleys and a grotto in the backyard.

boppool
08-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Managing money? Come on now, I thought EVERY twenty two year old needed three bentleys and a grotto in the backyard.

This ain't no twenty two year old. My three year old acts more matured.

atomicbloke
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Why hasn't he been suspended already?

Denver724
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Why hasn't he been suspended already?

After seeing the video I don't think we will have to wait long.

lazarus4444
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
wow, just wow. I'm glady shanny is gone because he entertained **** like this all the time. About time we got rid of the riff raff.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm sure someone will say McDaniels was forcing him to practice as a punter.

yeah you just did.

elsid13
08-27-2009, 07:09 PM
wow, just wow. I'm glady shanny is gone because he entertained **** like this all the time. About time we got rid of the riff raff.

Come on that BS. We all know that Shanahan didn't let this **** happen, he was not afraid to kick ****ers off the team that acted like idiots. Also under Shanahan this would have never happened because Shanahan awarded guys that performed on the field during the summer of the the last year of their deals. Marshall had done that.

skpac1001
08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah you just did.

Yep. I called it, and almost instantly it happened. One point for me.

SureShot
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I won't jump to any conclusions until I see McD holding a throw back BM 15 jersey with a **** eating grin on his face.

gtown
08-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm soaking it in. If we as Bronco fans can get through this offseason, we can get through anything.

Marshall cannot leave town fast enough for my taste. He is a great receiver, but how many Super Bowl rings have the crybaby WRs of this league won? TO = 0, Moss = 0, Chad Johnson = 0.

He still has value now. There are teams clamoring for his services. He is one strike away from major legal issues. We have holes that need to be filled. I hope they get this done.

skpac1001
08-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm soaking it in. If we as Bronco fans can get through this offseason, we can get through anything.

Marshall cannot leave town fast enough for my taste. He is a great receiver, but how many Super Bowl rings have the crybaby WRs of this league won? TO = 0, Moss = 0, Chad Johnson = 0.

He still has value now. There are teams clamoring for his services. He is one strike away from major legal issues. We have holes that need to be filled. I hope they get this done.

Think about how awesome our edition of America's Game will be next year. It will probably have to be a two hour drama packed special.

scttgrd
08-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Not trying to defend Brandon, there is no way to defend that kind of behavior. The Broncos have him hostage for at least the next three years, without the payday he is looking for. He is looking desperate and frustrated right now. Most of which is his own doing. But they have him cornered and you know how people react when they feel that way.

TonyR
08-27-2009, 07:42 PM
He still has value now. There are teams clamoring for his services.

I'm not sure either of those are true. In fact, I'm fairly certain that they're not.

Broncojef
08-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Bowlen and the Broncos have always rewarded players who performed and had some sanity of professionalism. Thinking you can act like he has and does and that will translate in some fashion to a big payday is ludacris. At this point Brandon is now being waaaayy overpaid for his value to this team.

broncswin
08-27-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh ya I'm sure it's a good one...he's such a classy guy, maybe he was helping a woman who was getting beat by her boyfriend. Oh ya and I must throw in fluffy clouds and teddy bears;D

gtown
08-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure either of those are true. In fact, I'm fairly certain that they're not.

He is a young, huge, physical pro bowl WR that can rack up the yac. There will be a few teams out there that will play down his flava clownishness as an artifact of his environment and tell themselves that all he needs is a change of scenery. Guys like him don't grow on trees - and because WRs are crap shoots in the draft and take a long time to develop - I think he still has value.

Unless BMarsh does an about face, plays to his potential, and shuts his mouth immediately, which is not likely to happen anytime soon, I don't see how his value can increase from what it is now.

TonyR
08-27-2009, 08:20 PM
He is a young, huge, physical pro bowl WR that can rack up the yac. There will be a few teams out there that will play down his flava clownishness as an artifact of his environment and tell themselves that all he needs is a change of scenery. Guys like him don't grow on trees - and because WRs are crap shoots in the draft and take a long time to develop - I think he still has value.

I'd agree if he wasn't A) one off field incident away from a lengthy suspension, B) coming off some injury concerns, both the hip and the arm tendons, and C) demanding a huge contract. If you trade for him you also get A, B and C which severely reduce his trade value.

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
i'd agree if he wasn't a) one off field incident away from a lengthy suspension, b) coming off some injury concerns, both the hip and the arm tendons, and c) demanding a huge contract. If you trade for him you also get a, b and c which severely reduce his trade value.

bingo!!!

TheDave
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
What a tool!!

Here's the video.

I've never seen anything like that... **** him.

Not sure why I'm surprised by the behavior of someone who beats women, but this is just beyond belief.

Looks like it's time for "Conduct detrimental to the Team".

TheDave
08-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Unless BMarsh does an about face, plays to his potential, and shuts his mouth immediately, which is not likely to happen anytime soon, I don't see how his value can increase from what it is now.

Just like TO before him... No one is going to touch him until he is released.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
btw, vic lombardi says

i would bet good money that a suspension is looming for Brandon Marshall...watch our show tonight at 10...amazing.

WABronco
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Omg a teazer