PDA

View Full Version : texans shopping DT travis johnson

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 07:58 AM
is he good and do we need to make an offer....

Doggcow
08-27-2009, 08:01 AM
trade them Marshall and Champ Bailey for him and 2 cases of clam chowder

SoDak Bronco
08-27-2009, 08:04 AM
FLA DT that hasn't played that great..We already have one of those :)!!! haha Acutally I saw that he was being shopped as well. I think he has been a 4-3 DT, not sure if he'd fit our scheme our not.

gtown
08-27-2009, 08:05 AM
With the Texans collecting our trash for the last few years, it about time we reciprocate.

worm
08-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Not sure we can unless he has played for the Pats in the last 3 years.

Its the law.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 08:09 AM
is he good and do we need to make an offer....

Naw he's a bust. Might have the body type for a 3-4 DE, but he has no game.

baja
08-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Wonder if Kubes got a ration of shiit from his fan base for the ex Broncos he signed?

TonyR
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Wonder if Kubes got a ration of shiit from his fan base for the ex Broncos he signed?

Now that's an excellent question. It's all about perspective, isn't it? And some people here clearly don't have any. Kubiak probably brought more Broncos to Texas than McD has brought Pats to Denver. And the Pats have been a much better franchise, so it's fair to reason their castoffs are better than ours! Hadn't thought of this. Good call, baja.

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Kubiak's connection with Denver left with Shanny. Kubiak is his own man now.

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 08:23 AM

Apples and oranges. Why, you ask? Because we're talking Denver as opposed to New England. I don't like New England. I hate the town, the state, the teams, the players, the coaches, the weather, the colleges, the food, etc. I would take the cast offs of Oakland over the cast offs of New England.

That's my opinion!

SonOfLe-loLang
08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Apples and oranges. Why, you ask? Because we're talking Denver as opposed to New England. I don't like New England. I hate the town, the state, the teams, the players, the coaches, the weather, the colleges, the food, etc. I would take the cast offs of Oakland over the cast offs of New England.

That's my opinion!

You hate lobster? Whats wrong with you

worm
08-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Now that's an excellent question. It's all about perspective, isn't it? And some people here clearly don't have any. Kubiak probably brought more Broncos to Texas than McD has brought Pats to Denver. And the Pats have been a much better franchise, so it's fair to reason their castoffs are better than ours! Hadn't thought of this. Good call, baja.

Every new coach brings in players that they are familiar with. Shanny included. However, Josh's ratio is awfully high right now.

Beyond that, when you make moves like the Lonnie Paxton situation you invite these types of jokes\criticisms.

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 08:26 AM
You hate lobster? Whats wrong with you

Isn't lobster from Maine?

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 08:27 AM

"omg he's turning us into broncos south! waah waaah" wow that sure would be annoying...

Seriously, they even have glenn martinez!

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
It's all about perspective, isn't it? And some people here clearly don't have any.

I have a perspective and it just happens to differ from yours. My perspective is this, keep the fricking New England chowda out of my beloved state and favorite NFL franchise.

Some people have said, "It's a Patriot thing... You wouldn't understand!". I'll retort by saying, "I got your Patriot thing and now it burns when I pee!".

baja
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM

That's my opinion!

Well thanks for sharing. With your logic Bilicheck could call and say brady is too expensive do you want him Pat and because he in from NE you would nix the deal. You should PM Blue you have something in common, flawed thinking.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 08:32 AM
I have a perspective and it just happens to differ from yours. My perspective is this, keep the fricking New England chowda out of my beloved state and favorite NFL franchise.

Some people have said, "It's a Patriot thing... You wouldn't understand!". I'll retort by saying, "I got your Patriot thing and now it burns when I pee!".

Lol ROFL! No but seriously. These are professional athletes who play where they get work, it's not like we signed the cast of Good Will Hunting.

baja
08-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Here's some news for ya Maine is an New England state.

You have managed to show much ignorance in just two posts grasshopper.

Borks147
08-27-2009, 08:52 AM

LOL

I hope to God he didn't think New England was a state. The education system really is failing huh.

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Well thanks for sharing. With your logic Bilicheck could call and say brady is too expensive do you want him Pat and because he in from NE you would nix the deal. You should PM Blue you have something in common, flawed thinking.

No, it's not flawed thinking. It's how I feel and the last I looked we still live in America where free thought is a god given right. Just because you would bend over and grab your ankles doesn't mean I would. Would you like syrup or jelly?

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 08:57 AM

Baja... touche. :wave:

I got so caught up in my rant that I overlooked the obvious. What I meant to say was Massa what eva da ***. Not the entire region.

Can I be forgiven now! Purty please, with sugar on top. :flower:

Traveler
08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Travis Johnson=No
Alan Branch=Yes

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
LOL

I hope to God he didn't think New England was a state. The education system really is failing huh.

He also called New England a town.

broncogary
08-27-2009, 09:03 AM
The word I've been hearing on sports radio down here, and it's been the same for a couple years, is that he can't seem to get healthy enough to play much. And when he plays, he's mostly an under-achiever.

He might be available on the waiver wire, eventually, but I wouldn't trade for him.

scttgrd
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Not sure we can unless he has played for the Pats in the last 3 years.

Its the law.

This, if he's not a former Patsie the Denver McJosh's have no interest.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't like New England. I hate the town, the state, the teams, the players, the coaches, the weather, the colleges, the food, etc. I would take the cast offs of Oakland over the cast offs of New England.

That's my opinion!

As mentioned above, NE is now a state and a town. Shocking, I know.

Teams? Fine.
Players? Fine.
Coaches? Fine.
Weather? If you don't like fall weather in New England, you're un-American and weak.
Colleges? You do realize that, as a result of all the colleges in an around Boston, that means there are probably well over 100,000 horny college girls running around at any given time. Not to mention, New England is probably home to well over half of the top 50 colleges and universities in the world.
The food? I suppose if world class seafood, top shelf Italian food and pastries in Boston's North End, and baked beans aren't you're bag, then you wouldn't like it here.....but that doesn't leave you much to choose from.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 09:12 AM

Teams? Fine.
Players? Fine.
Coaches? Fine.
Weather? If you don't like fall weather in New England, you're un-American and weak.
Colleges? You do realize that, as a result of all the colleges in an around Boston, that means there are probably well over 100,000 horny college girls running around at any given time. Not to mention, New England is probably home to well over half of the top 50 colleges and universities in the world.
The food? I suppose if world class seafood, top shelf Italian food and pastries in Boston's North End, and baked beans aren't you're bag, then you wouldn't like it here.....but that doesn't leave you much to choose from.

I can attest that this is true. Only drawback: Most have that extremely annoying accent.

bowtown
08-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Meh, I think it's more of a hamlet. Guess it depends on whether you consider something like The South as more of a city or town, becasue it's way bigger. The Midwest is also bigger, but maybe not a large enough population to actually classify it as a city? I'm not sure on that one. Really depends on where you draw the property lines.

DenverBrit
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM

Lobster is found all over the world. Try and get out more. ;D

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM

Teams? Fine.
Players? Fine.
Coaches? Fine.

Oh the humanity!

From looking at your screen name it's obvious why you disagree with me. That's okay but's it's also okay for me to feel the way I do. I don't like New England weather but I love Colorado weather. If you live in Colorado and miss the New England area so much then you should pack your belongings up and head back to "beantown". Me? I'll stay right here in good 'ole Colorado where I was born and raised.

:wave:

MaloCS
08-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Lobster is found all over the world. Try and get out more. ;D

I agree but I think it's obvious that certain foods are associated with certain regions. Just like rice can be cultivated in alot of different places in the world it's associated with Asia and the people that reside there.

Come on now!

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh the humanity!

From looking at your screen name it's obvious why you disagree with me. That's okay but's it's also okay for me to feel the way I do. I don't like New England weather but I love Colorado weather. If you live in Colorado and miss the New England area so much then you should pack your belongings up and head back to "beantown". Me? I'll stay right here in good 'ole Colorado where I was born and raised.

:wave:

Thanks, McDortoh.....I'll do that.

Dudeskey
08-27-2009, 09:41 AM
This, if he's not a former Patsie the Denver McJosh's have no interest.

Agreed...

Popcorn Sutton
08-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Teams? Fine.
Players? Fine.
Coaches? Fine.

I love Beantown. I don't care for the team but Fenway is the best park in Baseball. IMHO. I hated Downtown during the construction but now that it's complete it was well worth the wait. It's beautiful. Great pubs! LOVE the food and a lot of great history in the city.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM

No, but the Broncos were a winning organization and the Texans werent at the time...oh wait!

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Teams? Fine.
Players? Fine.
Coaches? Fine.

You forgot:

Traffic: Nightmare
People: Rude
Accent: Retarded
Elitist Yankees: Check

atomicbloke
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM

Teams? Fine.
Players? Fine.
Coaches? Fine.

That's exactly why he hates those colleges....

He prefers colleges whose graduates can speak straight to the American people....

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
You forgot:

Traffic: Nightmare
People: Rude
Accent: Retarded
Elitist Yankees: Check

Since they didn't make the list, I guess Dortoh likes those things about the area.

Oh, and you spelled retahded wrong.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Speaking of Travis Johnson, I was thinking about spending some time in New England next year when the GF and I go to New York, are there some decent touristy things to do in those states? Or just watch the leaves change colour?

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Speaking of Travis Johnson, I was thinking about spending some time in New England next year when the GF and I go to New York, are there some decent touristy things to do in those states? Or just watch the leaves change colour?

TONS of things in and around Boston. Touch base with me closer to the scheduled trip and I can fill you in on a short list of things depending on your likes/dislikes and how much time you have in the area.

PRBronco
08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
TONS of things in and around Boston. Touch base with me closer to the scheduled trip and I can fill you in on a short list of things depending on your likes/dislikes and how much time you have in the area.

Awesome! :thumbsup:

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
i had a conditioning seminar in middleborough, MA. what a ****hole that was.

boppool
08-27-2009, 04:32 PM
May be we have a all-Gators front with Johnson, Thomas and Moss. That'll strike fear in every team.

Taco John
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I just wanted to weigh in on lobster: yummy

TexanBob
08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Travis Johnson is not a Gator. He went to Florida State. I bet the Texans would take any of the converted DEs that are now competing to be OLB. Dumerville, Moss, Crowder...

And, for PR Bronco, while you are travelling in New England, please remember that they consider stoplights and stop signs to be mere suggestions. Keep your head on a swivel if you have to drive around there. And don't try the baked beans before attending a ballgame.

maher_tyler
08-27-2009, 06:08 PM

No offense but your retarded!

NBT
08-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Let me just say that TJ was drafted when the Texans still ran the 3-4D. He has not flashed that much talent in the 4-3 of Kubes, but that is not to say he wouldn't be a very good DE in the 3-4. At least that's what he was drafted for. Not his fault that the Texans then went to the 4-3. As for too many injuries, he hasn't had that many.

TexanBob
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Travis Johnson vs. Trent Green (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO7JIcE-RAk)

Merlin
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
No offense but your retarded!
:~ohyah!:

broncogary
08-27-2009, 08:44 PM

Am I the only one that knows that lobsters come from the ocean? ROFL!

baja
08-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Baja... touche. :wave:

I got so caught up in my rant that I overlooked the obvious. What I meant to say was Massa what eva da ***. Not the entire region.

Can I be forgiven now! Purty please, with sugar on top. :flower:

Sorry you lose again, Massachusetts is a New England state too.

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 12:19 AM

That's my opinion!

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. i hate the Patriots but if tomorrow McDaniels pulled off a trade that got us Brady, Moss and Welker, i would welcome all 3 of those guys to the Denver Broncos with open arms.

i don't care where these players come from. Dallas, NE, Oakland, SD, KC, whatever, the moment they sign on the dotted line and officially become Broncos, that is all i see them as.

i will gladly take a chance on the castoffs from the best team of this decade, over the trash from Oakland.

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I can attest that this is true. Only drawback: Most have that extremely annoying accent.

just put your junk in their mouths and the annoyance stops.

it is a proven fact, college girls are twice as likely to give oral than a girl that didn't go to college.

so enjoy that fact and no longer do you need to deal with the accent.

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 12:30 AM
I agree but I think it's obvious that certain foods are associated with certain regions. Just like rice can be cultivated in alot of different places in the world it's associated with Asia and the people that reside there.

Come on now!

Rice a Roni is the San Francisco treat. screw Asia

lol

BroncoMan4ever
08-28-2009, 12:32 AM
May be we have a all-Gators front with Johnson, Thomas and Moss. That'll strike fear in every team.

what team are those 3 going to suit up for? because it isn't going to be for Denver

baja
08-28-2009, 12:41 AM

Ya but their driver's licenses are from the state of Maine.

TexanBob
08-28-2009, 01:01 AM

You're talking to folks who think oysters come from livestock. :P

baja
08-28-2009, 01:13 AM
You're talking to folks who think oysters come from livestock. :P

Now that's funny :spit: