Cutler throws 2 picks and 2 TDs with mixed reviews

marshall plays and pulls a hammy, not to serious

Denver runs the ball well

Orton plays lights out and has a QB rating of over 100

Hillis rushes for over 100 yards in three quarters of play

A smith gets a pick

Tony S looks real good

baker has a monster game

Cutler gets sacked 3 times and calls out his O line on the field.

Broncos get their first punt return TD in a long while.

the final score is broncos 35 bears 28

The McWhatever names will mysteriously stop

broncosteven
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Is weed legal in Mexico?

baja
08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
notreallywhydoyouask

broncosteven
08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
notreallywhydoyouask

I heard you can buy drugs like vicodin and codine over the counter down there.

cutthemdown
08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
I predict

1- they will play 4 15 minute quarters
2- a ref will throw a flag
3- The announcers will talk about the Cutler trade
5- Broncos will look good in orange

baja
08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
That is true but it is not as easy as it once was. So i hear.

cutthemdown
08-26-2009, 10:02 PM

hell you can still get roofies in good ole mexico.

baja
08-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I predict

1- they will play 4 15 minute quarters
2- a ref will throw a flag
3- The announcers will talk about the Cutler trade
5- Broncos will look good in orange

You're usually good a this. Why the cope out?

tsiguy96
08-26-2009, 10:09 PM
baja, you live in mexico? porque?

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2009, 10:10 PM

You need to get a "Mexican healthcare provider" to write you a script for them.

A few Andrew Jacksons will help convince them of your malady.

baja
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM

Ask rev he believes he knows.

My answer would be I got an opportunity to make some good money there 20 years ago liked it and stayed.

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM
If you want Codeine, you can purchase Tylenol with Codeine OTC in Canada.

jhat01
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Orton 11-18 189yds 1TD 1nt
Cutler 12-20 225 2TD 1int

Our running game struggles against their 1st team, and vice versa. Olson eats us alive in the middle of the field. Hester catches a long TD pass on a well sold Play action.

Orton has a decent game again, moves the ball pretty well. Marshall catches a 23 yd TD pass after some tough RAC. Broncos 24 Bears 20

tsiguy96
08-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Ask rev he believes he knows.

My answer would be I got an opportunity to make some good money there 20 years ago liked it and stayed.

given that i know little about mexico, would it be accurate to say that, given the cost of things there, average money here would go much much further there?

baja
08-26-2009, 10:52 PM
It used to be true that mexico was much cheaper in most things but that is not the case today, at least in Cabo.In fact Cabo is more expensive that San Diego in most things but other parts of Mexico is still very reasonable. Are you considering a move to mexico?

tsiguy96
08-26-2009, 10:53 PM
It used to be true that mexico was much cheaper in most things but that is not the case today, at least in Cabo.In fact Cabo is more expensive that San Diego in most things but other parts of Mexico is still very reasonable. Are you considering a move to mexico?

nope just curious :D

not many jobs in strength and conditioning there...:wave:

mr007
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Cutler throws for 7 interceptions in 2 quarters of play resulting in 56 points for us as McD isn't a pussy and goes for 2 each time.

On Orton's only drive of offense he goes 3/3 for 45 yards and Hillis has a 25 yard scamper in which he pauses at the 5 yard line just to completely annihilate Urlacher before bouncing in for the score.

baja
08-26-2009, 11:12 PM
nope just curious :D

not many jobs in strength and conditioning there...:wave:

Actually there are, the five star hotels are really ramping their spa and health aspect and will hire a well credentialed person in your field. You would make some great connections and deal mostly with Americans.

baja
08-26-2009, 11:14 PM
I remember when we all used to have fun with this sort of thread.

cutthemdown
08-26-2009, 11:34 PM
OK Baja I will play.......

Orton 19-27-210 2 tds
Cutler 17-23-200 2 tds

tsiguy96
08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
i did this a couple times, only a few people responded, but the way i did it was over under for everything...

orton and cutler: >200 yards
INT: orton and cutler - 1 int
TD: cutler 2, orton 1
defense: bears FF and INT, broncos INT, broncos allow more yards bet get more sacks (like 1 to 2, or 2 to 1)
special teams: hester vs royal...well see
rushing: broncos by quite a bit. bears are still playing with their new toy, wont rush much.

baja
08-26-2009, 11:40 PM
OK Baja I will play.......

Orton 19-27-210 2 tds
Cutler 17-23-200 2 tds

What other players do you think will stand out, good or bad.

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I would like to see Dumervil continue to generate pressure on the QB from the OLB position.

If he can turn into a disruptive 14-16 sack/6-8 forced fumble OLB in the 3-4, we will have one of the key pieces of the 3-4 in place that is needed for success in the future.

baja
08-26-2009, 11:54 PM
That's what I'm talkin about

Junkie has some great takes when it comes to predicting or the draft.

baja
08-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Whatda we have one good Bronco football thread before the all important 3rd preseason game with da "Bears"

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2009, 12:06 AM
That's what I'm talkin about

Junkie has some great takes when it comes to predicting or the draft.

The team really needs to start generating some turnovers on defense.

I think I read an article that stated it has been 4 games (2 at the end of last season and the 2 preseason games) since the defense has last forced a turnover.

We need to do a lot better than that.

Our defense needs to acquire that rabid mindset that they have every bit as much right to the ball as the offense does....if not more. Take that rock.

baja
08-27-2009, 12:09 AM

I think I read an article that stated it has been 4 games (2 at the end of last season and the 2 preseason games) since the defense has last forced a turnover.

Our defense needs to acquire that rabid mindset that they have every bit as much right to the ball as the offense does....if not more. Take that rock.

I have seen signs of that on D in the parts of the first two games i watched and isn't that Nolan's MO?

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Orton comes out firing. He goes 18-25 for 185 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs
Hillis cracks helmets open and rushes for 65 yards with a TD and adds 25 receiving yards
Eddie has a good game 6 receptions for 70 yards and a score(also a big return on a kickoff)

Cutler has bad game and is hassled by our defense and mopes and calls out his line
12-22 for 100 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs

Forte isn't used much and has a small game

Hester is held in check, and we do not kick to him on ST

Chicago's receivers suck.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Orton comes out firing. He goes 18-25 for 185 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs
Hillis cracks helmets open and rushes for 65 yards with a TD and adds 25 receiving yards
Eddie has a good game 6 receptions for 70 yards and a score(also a big return on a kickoff)

Cutler has bad game and is hassled by our defense and mopes and calls out his line
12-22 for 100 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs

Forte isn't used much and has a small game

Hester is held in check, and we do not kick to him on ST

Chicago's receivers suck.

agree with all that. forte wont get much action simply because they are gonna throw almost every down, the "shanahan" problem with having cutler: youll always wanna throw it. but i think we should kick to hester, nothing bad ever happens when we punt it to him....

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 12:24 AM
I have seen signs of that on D in the parts of the first two games i watched and isn't that Nolan's MO?

i have noticed he kind of has our secondary playing more of a prevent style as opposed to being aggressive and going after the ball.

i am thinking that while the defense is getting accustomed to the scheme that he is going to play us a little more conservative, and when the front 7 has a good grasp of what is being asked of them, we will see more risks taken by our secondary in jumping routes, and playing more aggressive.

it's preseason, while McDaniels is dumping everything at once onto the offense, Nolan is easing them into the defense.

although i have seen any time the ball hits the ground there are a few Broncos going after the ball. it tells me they have been going over taking the ball away but for the preseason they aren't really being asked to do it.

i expect that to change this week. this is going to be a complete gameplan in all phases of the game.

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 12:39 AM
agree with all that. forte wont get much action simply because they are gonna throw almost every down, the "shanahan" problem with having cutler: youll always wanna throw it. but i think we should kick to hester, nothing bad ever happens when we punt it to him....

idk. our special teams is playing a lot better than in years past, but a bad outing can kill momentum and knock confidence down. i just fear that Hester could torch us and the loss of confidence on special teams could have them looking like they have in years past.

plus as i recall had we not kicked to him last time we played, we probably beat Chicago

Popps
08-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Orton throws for 300 yards in the first half... then lines up at DE in the 3rd quarter and sacks Quitler, strips the ball and runs 65 yards for the score.

Popps
08-27-2009, 12:51 AM
idk. our special teams is playing a lot better than in years past, but a bad outing can kill momentum and knock confidence down. i just fear that Hester could torch us and the loss of confidence on special teams could have them looking like they have in years past.

plus as i recall had we not kicked to him last time we played, we probably beat Chicago

I don't think I've seen a poor special teams play this preseason. We've had nice returns (no huge, but nice) ... great kick coverage and decent punting. It's great to see this team emphasizing the fundamentals again.

baja
08-27-2009, 12:51 AM
I agree with the STs comment we look light years ahead of the STs of the past several years. Don't like the idea of Royal returning though.

cutthemdown
08-27-2009, 01:07 AM
What other players do you think will stand out, good or bad.

Wow who knows really. You know that I subscribe to the you never know what will happen in a game theory.

Having said that I think bears have some injuries in the secondary, guys just now getting back to practice. So I predict....

Good nights from whatever Broncos WR get looks.

Also for some reason I feel its time for a Scheffler sighting. I predict at least one nice reception by Scheff.

baja
08-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Ya I have Scheffler having a good game on my predict list too. I think he will be featured this week

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't think I've seen a poor special teams play this preseason. We've had nice returns (no huge, but nice) ... great kick coverage and decent punting. It's great to see this team emphasizing the fundamentals again.

I expect the special teams to be improved this year....but I do recall a few fumbles on punt or kickoff returns against a Seattle and a missed block that led to a partially blocked punt as well.

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 01:23 AM

i was kidding about the hester thing ;)

i live right near chicago, i remember that game very, very vividly

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Ya I have Scheffler having a good game on my predict list too. I think he will be featured this week

It's against a cover 2. TEs are always featured.

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 02:04 AM

Just a quick FYI, they took Hester off all the return teams, so he could focus solely on WR

tsiguy96
08-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Just a quick FYI, they took Hester off all the return teams, so he could focus solely on WR

silly huh? hes not a good WR, but a game breaking returner. so put him at WR.

BroncoDoug
08-27-2009, 02:19 AM
silly huh? hes not a good WR, but a game breaking returner. so put him at WR.

exactly, He was such a dynamic returner, a true game changer at the position. Now, he is a mediocre WR, and doesn't have near the effect on games anymore. Horrible decision IMHO

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 08:34 AM

I know this sounds crazy SSJ but I want them to work more on Tackling this team was so damn dismal at it . the good things like turn overs run in cycles IMO good sound tackles win games.

kamakazi_kal
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM

Well Hester isn't returning kicks and Forte had like 60yds in 2 carries last week.... fyi

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
I will bet we will Blitz like Crazy hope we get to the QB.

I am hoping Orton has a good game and throw 3 TDs.

I am hoping Baker has a really good game.

I hope Ayers get a Chance to play MLB this week this is were I think he will be a Pro Bowler at .

I hope Moss get a real look at the Other side of Dvile I got a feeling he just might shine if given a chance.

Our o-line will have some problems with the bears . also looks like the league is going to watch out line more close this season ...

kamakazi_kal
08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Orton throws for 300 yards in the first half... then lines up at DE in the 3rd quarter and sacks Quitler, strips the ball and runs 65 yards for the score.

and then he wakes up and rinses the Jack out of his beard from the night before. :D

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 08:47 AM
To the people that hope ayers is a OLB I do not see it . I see a Monster MLB !!!!!! a HOF type of MLB.

That is what he is .

baja
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
To the people that hope ayers is a OLB I do not see it . I see a Monster MLB !!!!!! a HOF type of MLB.

That is what he is .

Interesting, has he ever played the position?

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I expect the special teams to be improved this year....but I do recall a few fumbles on punt or kickoff returns against a Seattle and a missed block that led to a partially blocked punt as well.

one of those fumbles would of been over turned he had a hold of the football and his hand hit the ground then the ball came out .

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Interesting, has he ever played the position?

In High School he did

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
but that is not why I say that look at his film he plays in traffic like MLB. power player that get thought traffic and makes plays a sure tackler . modest foot speed .

~Crash~
08-27-2009, 09:08 AM
his burst will let him keep up with anyone short distance . he is a MLB.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 09:13 AM

He's a defector.

baja
08-27-2009, 09:15 AM
He's a defector.

Pisst. Don't tell anybody but I'm in San Diego. :sunshine:

Rohirrim
08-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I just hope Doom plants the pansy ass a couple of times. That will make me happy. ;D

baja
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
I am really looking forward to this game I think it will reveal much about how the season is going to go.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Pisst. Don't tell anybody but I'm in San Diego. :sunshine:

Same difference.

baja
08-27-2009, 09:22 AM
You're in Texas dude I'm not sure that is even on planet earth.

gtown
08-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Relevant stats for the game:

Number of times Cutler looks at his iPod and rolls his eyes: 5+
Cutler d-bag hat bill direction: off center 15 degrees to the left side
Number of awkward Cutler/Urlacher camera shots: 6
Number of times Urlacher will mouth the word "p***Y" being Cutler: 1
Number of broken bones Cutler will suffer: 3 (all in throwing shoulder)
Number of "very catchable" Orton passes caught by Bears: 0
Number of misdemeanors Marshall will have by halftime: 3
Number of seconds before Branstater gets rid of ball: 8 seconds
Percentage of plays Ayers will line up in the wrong position: 50%
Number of times DJ picks the wrong whole on a running play: 6
Number of plays before a Bronco RB goes down with leg injury: 3
Number of layers McD will wear under hoodie: 4
Number of Pats players we acquire during game: 3
Number of OMers overhyping Chris Baker's play against camp fodder: 27
Turnover differential for Denver: 5+ (when it rains it pours)
Percentage of plays Jarvis Moss washed out of: 75% of his snaps
Number of beers Paxton drinks before taking the field: 4
Number of shanked punts by Colquitt: 0 (all will be blocked)
Number of fans brought in from crowd who can kick better than Prater: 12

baja
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM

Thank you for that I laughed out loud

Very funny stuff, keep um coming

Rohirrim
08-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Ha!

BlaK-Argentina
08-27-2009, 10:05 AM

ROFL! You need to post more often.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 10:09 AM

Agreed. Post of the thread.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
You're in Texas dude I'm not sure that is even on planet earth.

Pssst. Im in Colorado schmuck.

Atlas
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM

I disagree. They will run Forte a lot against a soft Broncos' defense.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Im still trying to figure out which of these stats is the most hilarious.

cousinal11
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM

"The Chicago Tribune reports that Devin Hester will return punts for the first time this preseason in Sunday's game against the Broncos."

Punisher
08-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Broncos win in overtime 2-0

broncosteven
08-27-2009, 10:46 AM
"The Chicago Tribune reports that Devin Hester will return punts for the first time this preseason in Sunday's game against the Broncos."

Did we bring Todd what'shisname back to kick to him?

Rohirrim
08-27-2009, 11:42 AM

Good. This one one of the improvements I've already noticed over Shanahan's Broncos; ST coverage. Hester will be a great test.

Baba Booey
08-27-2009, 11:47 AM
We won't intercept Cutler. Just a hunch.

bfoflcommish
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Cutler throws for 7 interceptions in 2 quarters of play resulting in 56 points for us as McD isn't a p***Y and goes for 2 each time.

On Orton's only drive of offense he goes 3/3 for 45 yards and Hillis has a 25 yard scamper in which he pauses at the 5 yard line just to completely annihilate Urlacher before bouncing in for the score.

come on get REALISITIC!!!!

Orton plays more then 1 drive ROFL!

2KBack
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM

I think that's actually one thing they will happen, as long as the defenders hold on. Cutler's bounced several balls off defenders that weren't caught so far this preseason and has only thrown like 20 passes (Orton has too, so this isn't a QB comparison). So I think there will be some opportunities there.

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
one of those fumbles would of been over turned he had a hold of the football and his hand hit the ground then the ball came out .

Still need to secure the ball better and not let it happen in the first place.

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
i was kidding about the hester thing ;)

i live right near chicago, i remember that game very, very vividly

had me confused for a second. i was like, doesn't this guy watch the games....lol

BroncoMan4ever
08-27-2009, 12:34 PM

Cutler will make at least 2 stupid throws that should result in an INT. it just depends on if our layers can hang onto those passes

cutthemdown
08-27-2009, 12:53 PM

they probably figure he isn't very good at WR, might as well get something out of his talent.

Hester should be returning kicks, its what hes best at. To not do what your best at is just silly.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 01:04 PM
I think that's actually one thing they will happen, as long as the defenders hold on. Cutler's bounced several balls off defenders that weren't caught so far this preseason and has only thrown like 20 passes (Orton has too, so this isn't a QB comparison). So I think there will be some opportunities there.

True. He's no Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, Damon Huard, Matt Hasselbeck or Seneca Wallace, but he's trying.

TheReverend
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
they probably figure he isn't very good at WR, might as well get something out of his talent.

Hester should be returning kicks, its what hes best at. To not do what your best at is just silly.

Agreed. He should be used primarily in screen plays at WR anyways, imo. Still, wouldn't be surprised if he does well. Also wouldn't be surprised if he's completely replaced by Bennet and Iglesias/Aromashodu

Ambiguous
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM
56-2 Bears

Our 2 points come on a safety when Cutler runs into his own end zone out of pity.

2KBack
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
True. He's no Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, Damon Huard, Matt Hasselbeck or Seneca Wallace, but he's trying.

For all their faults, with the exception of Smith, all those QBs are historically better at taking care of the ball than Cutler. Still, you have a point that he hasn't gotten to play the Denver defense.