PDA

View Full Version : Post Practice Video Wed/Tues

DenverBrit
08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Also a brief interview with the new QB, Martin.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3425&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

meangene
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Noticed they said something about Marcus Thomas "walking off the field" early. McD said all he knew was he walked off. Must be the shoulder bothering him. Didn't seem like McD was too happy about that. I really think he is on the bubble.

Popps
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Noticed they said something about Marcus Thomas "walking off the field" early. McD said all he knew was he walked off. Must be the shoulder bothering him. Didn't seem like McD was too happy about that. I really think he is on the bubble.

Yep, that's a huge disappointment, too. Thomas was a guy I really thought would benefit from this scheme change. I'm starting to wonder if there's truth to the rumors that he just doesn't work that hard.

mizzoutigers
08-26-2009, 09:07 PM
well he was obviously a risk when we drafted him

ZONA
08-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Again, here's a guy that Shanny said would have been a sure fire high 1st round pick if he wasn't suspended at Florida. The other guy Shanny said that about was Foster, only he was injured and not suspended. Looks as if both guys are showing they indeed were not at all worth any of the Shanny hype about them.

Popps
08-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Again, here's a guy that Shanny said would have been a sure fire high 1st round pick if he wasn't suspended at Florida. The other guy Shanny said that about was Foster, only he was injured and not suspended. Looks as if both guys are showing they indeed were not at all worth any of the Shanny hype about them.

Starting to look that way. At least we didn't spend a high pick on Thomas. Still, you'd like to see the guy pan out to be at least a decent back-up.

want2bAbronco2
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Starting to look that way. At least we didn't spend a high pick on Thomas. Still, you'd like to see the guy pan out to be at least a decent back-up.

Not a high pick? We used a 4th that year and traded next years 3rd. Lots of good players in those rnds.

cutthemdown
08-26-2009, 10:29 PM

he needs to be in a 4-3 defense with a really big guy next to him. Just my opinion but he seems to not have the length to play Dend or enough size for NT.

I think back in the old Broncos defense, you know the 4-3 that actually made some plays sometimes, with Al Wilson at MLB and Lynch playing well etc, Thomas would have made a good 4-3 DT. He is sort of quick and would probably do decent.

Really though if a big guy like Thomas is a great player you would see that from any spot on the line like you did with Pryce.

cutthemdown
08-26-2009, 10:30 PM

They did trade something to move up for him.....a 4th I believe? maybe a 5th? Who remembers?

tsiguy96
08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
shanny also said torain was first round talent.

ZONA
08-26-2009, 11:49 PM
shanny also said torain was first round talent.

Well that one, to be fair, we will never know. He was just always injured and could never showcase what he had. He had talent, just he had more talent at getting hurt.:wiggle:

tsiguy96
08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Well that one, to be fair, we will never know. He was just always injured and could never showcase what he had. He had talent, just he had more talent at getting hurt.:wiggle:

i know, just sayin :strong:

shanny used that term a lot though.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 11:52 PM
They did trade something to move up for him.....a 4th I believe? maybe a 5th? Who remembers?

Denver traded their sixth (176th, used to select Rufus Alexander and seventh round selections (233rd overall, used to select Chandler Williams in this year's draft and their third-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft to Minnesota in exchange for their last fourth-round selection (121st overall, used to select Marcus Thomas.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 11:53 PM
FYI, the 2008 3rd rounder was used by KC to select Jamaal Charles.

meangene
08-27-2009, 04:17 AM
I've had a feeling that he was in trouble when he failed the conditioning test and then publicly bitched about how stupid it was. I don't recall seeing him do a thing in either preseason game besides getting hurt. He has been practically invisible in games since he got here. Thing is, I don't see Askew or Clemens in the DE rotation. We may pick someone up for depth after final cuts. Smith is looking more and more like a good pickup.

Ratboy
08-27-2009, 04:35 AM
If Marcus Thomas is injured, then he shouldn't be out there. Ofcoarse if he is trying to hold it back and not say anything, it's on him.

Either way, no way he gets cut. There is waaay too much talent there.

meangene
08-27-2009, 08:20 AM
From the Post:

Defensive lineman Marcus Thomas (shoulder) tried practicing wearing a brace on his right shoulder, but he returned to the locker room early during the workout, then went into the team's weight room.

SoDak Bronco
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I thought Lekevin Smith looked really good the other night. The dude is huge!! That guy will be starting come mid-season if not sooner.

cmhargrove
08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
If Marcus Thomas is injured, then he shouldn't be out there. Ofcoarse if he is trying to hold it back and not say anything, it's on him.

Either way, no way he gets cut. There is waaay too much talent there.

I want Marcus to get the job, but so far - he has played slow, and hasn't managed to be dominant, even when he's playing against backups. So far this season - low motor.

He'll have to work pretty hard with guys like LeKevin fighting for starting time.