PDA

View Full Version : OK I'm in San Diego where can I watch the game this Sunday?

baja
08-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I heard it's on NBC, is that national coverage?

baja
08-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Pez where are you?

SoCalBronco
08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I believe its on NBC, baja, at 5 pm pacific time.

DenverBroncosJM
08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Its national

BlaK-Argentina
08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone know if this will be streamed on NFL.com? I'll probably be at a friends house in Buenos Aires and he has a great internet connection so I might be able to watch it there.

baja
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I believe its on NBC, baja, at 5 pm pacific time.

That's great news where is that coverage site so I can be sure.

Meck77
08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
This place says they are a Bronco bar.

http://guava-beach.com/sports_broncos.html

This seems like the real deal. I seem to recall some omaners meeting here.

http://www.chiefsburgersandbrew.com/

BMarsh615
08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Anyone know if this will be streamed on NFL.com? I'll probably be at a friends house in Buenos Aires and he has a great internet connection so I might be able to watch it there.

I think NBC.com streams all Sunday Night Football games.

BroncoBuff
08-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth.

DeuceOfClub
08-26-2009, 05:52 PM
"Do you have an internet connection?"

Borks147
08-26-2009, 06:00 PM

HA

"Guava Beach Bar and Grill is easily one of the top Denver Broncos bars in San Diego. Every weekend the bar is packed with Broncos fans cheering on Jay Cutler and the boys. The game is always guaranteed to be on either the Big Screen or the high definition plasma. Join your fellow Broncos fans at Guava Beach."

ksBRONCOfan
08-26-2009, 06:02 PM

I think it's safe to say that all NBC games are national.

Dukes
08-26-2009, 06:12 PM

I can atest to that. Chiefs is a great place to watch the game if you like being around fellow bronco fans.

If you want to watch it on a great screen (10' high def projection screen)
I'd suggest driving to Oceanside and go here.

http://www.rookiessportsbar.net/

mr007
08-26-2009, 06:24 PM

If you want to watch it at a bar, go to Chiefs in Solana Beach, definitely superior to Guava in Mission =).

Rock Chalk
08-26-2009, 06:25 PM

Generally people watch football games at a stadium or on TV and now, the internet.

But maybe you know of another method?

ZONA
08-26-2009, 07:53 PM
National
Broadcasting
Company

Pretty sure NBC is national since it's their name. :twokisses

Seriously:

Sunday, August 30
8:00 PM - NFL Pre-season Football CHICAGO BEARS AT DENVER BRONCOS

8Pm must be EST since it comes on at 5:00PM channel 12 (NBC) here in AZ, so San Diego will also show the game at 5PM.

Houshyamama
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I can atest to that. Chiefs is a great place to watch the game if you like being around fellow bronco fans.

I also suggest Chiefs. Best Broncos bar by far in the San Diego area IMO. I might be there myself.

Broncobuddy7
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Pretty much anywhere in the Gaslamp District. There are tons of bars/restaurants. If the game isn't on just ask them to change the channel.

Orange_Beard
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM

Chiefs is the place to go. Very cool place.

baja
08-26-2009, 08:16 PM
I think it's safe to say that all NBC games are national.

Not true they often show regional games.

baja
08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Guava is 10 minutes away so that's where I'll go

Thanks Meck! ;D

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 08:41 PM

ROFL!

If I had a dollar for everytime I got thrown out of rookies, I'd have at least $50.

And go to Chief's baja. I'd love to see how well you get along with Chris and some others........

baja
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
ROFL!

If I had a dollar for everytime I got thrown out of rookies, I'd have at least $50.

And go to Chief's baja. I'd love to see how well you get along with Chris and some others........

Don't know what it is with you but i "get along" with most everyone.

Even the distasteful ones like you.

Oh ya an that is a nice brag getting thrown out of a bar 50 times, can't tell you how impressive that is. You rock...

24champ
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Go to Chiefs.

They have quite a collection of Broncos history from what I saw the last time I went in there. I think Chiefs still has the stadium seats in the bar from the old mile high.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Don't know what it is with you but i "get along" with most everyone.

Even the distasteful ones like you.

Oh ya an that is a nice brag getting thrown out of a bar 50 times, can't tell you how impressive that is. You rock...

If you've been to Rookies and haven't at least been ASKED to leave, then you weren't doing it right.

baja
08-26-2009, 08:59 PM
If you've been to Rookies and haven't at least been ASKED to leave, then you weren't doing it right.

I guess I don't understand

Mr Chatterboodamn
08-26-2009, 09:41 PM

you getting throwed and subsequently thrown out at rookies makes me laugh pretty hard...too bad I was fairly anti social back in the day.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
you getting throwed and subsequently thrown out at rookies makes me laugh pretty hard...too bad I was fairly anti social back in the day.

Yeah, I only remember you making it to Chiefs one time. Always a good time there. Especially on the rare occasion Chris brings his sister around... :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Bronco LB52
08-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I only remember you making it to Chiefs one time. Always a good time there. Especially on the rare occasion Chris brings his sister around... :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

You met my sister?

I didn't even know I brought her to Chief's. I must have had too much booze that dayHa!

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
You met my sister?

I didn't even know I brought her to Chief's. I must have had too much booze that dayHa!

I knew that'd bring you out.

Yup, you brought her once.

Brb, hiding.

Pony Boy
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM
I think you should drop in on Phillip Rivers, I bet he has a pretty nice setup at his place with the new contract and all .......

baja
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
funny you should say that my long time AA buddy knows him

24champ
08-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I knew that'd bring you out.

Yup, you brought her once.

Brb, hiding.

Did you guys ever meet that Freak6 guy? Remember that infamous poster on here a couple years back? I remember he went to Chiefs a few times, since he lived in SD somewhere.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Did you guys ever meet that Freak6 guy? Remember that infamous poster on here a couple years back? I remember he went to Chiefs a few times, since he lived in SD somewhere.

Yup. He always used to bring his wife and 2 kids if I remember correctly.

Mr Chatterboodamn
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Yup. He always used to bring his wife and 2 kids if I remember correctly.

he was all over the place when i met him

JJJ
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
A Bronco bar in San Diego called the Chiefs. Huh. Must be owned by Al Davis.

Mr Chatterboodamn
08-26-2009, 11:11 PM
A Bronco bar in San Diego called the Chiefs. Huh. Must be owned by Al Davis.

i know...i thought the same thing. it's really confusing...one time at chief's i even got a wild west style admonition about being a broncos fan in san diego.

2003 or 2004-ish regular season monologue from drunk old carpetbagger with mysteriously deep ties to SD:

"you guys look like yer from denver.... you need to leave this here town. [fighting words tone] you got a good team...well we got a good team this year TOO!

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 11:18 PM
i know...i thought the same thing. it's really confusing...one time at chief's i even got a wild west style admonition about being a broncos fan in san diego.

2003 or 2004-ish regular season monologue from drunk old carpetbagger with mysteriously deep ties to SD:

"you guys look like yer from denver.... you need to leave this here town. [fighting words tone] you got a good team...well we got a good team this year TOO!

Yup, when Chris sent me the first PM invitation to come down like 5 years ago, the name of the place had me confused.

Best day there:

Came down with two friends, a Cowboys fan and a Packers fan for the 2005 Broncos vs Eagles game. Drinking buckets.

Eagles fans come in. When they finally get on the board on that long TO catch and run over Champ, they start talking ****. Before it even registers with me, my Packers friend goes off, and I'm calming HIM down. Me calming someone down... lol.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Think Chris might've been there that day... not sure. He met those two guys several times either way.

JJJ
08-26-2009, 11:26 PM

He definitely must have been very very drunk to say the Chargers were good in 2003 or 2004.

Have to check it out next time I am in SoCal.

Mr Chatterboodamn
08-26-2009, 11:31 PM
He definitely must have been very very drunk to say the Chargers were good in 2003 or 2004.

Have to check it out next time I am in SoCal.

I'm guessing it was 2004...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2004.htm

we started pretty hot but it was definitely mid-season because I think you had just started to win more games.

Mr Chatterboodamn
08-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Yup, when Chris sent me the first PM invitation to come down like 5 years ago, the name of the place had me confused.

Best day there:

Came down with two friends, a Cowboys fan and a Packers fan for the 2005 Broncos vs Eagles game. Drinking buckets.

Eagles fans come in. When they finally get on the board on that long TO catch and run over Champ, they start talking ****. Before it even registers with me, my Packers friend goes off, and I'm calming HIM down. Me calming someone down... lol.

Honestly, I always preferred encinitas oggi's to chiefs. I prefer chill booth seating to picnic tables of doom. Also, I was impressed they used their antiquated analog satelite dish to tune into a broncos game pre-empted by wildfire coverage on cbs. air, cable, & local direct TV were all valuing human life & property over the broncos that day!!

Houshyamama
08-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I'll be at Chiefs for the game. I'll be in a old school white Atwater jersey and my gf will be in a baby blue champ jersey. hope to see some fellow OManers there