PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels: Facing Cutler not special

Black96WS6
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
McDaniels: Facing Cutler not special

Denver Broncos first-year coach Josh McDaniels said Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears carries no extra meaning, despite the return of quarterback Jay Cutler.

The public rift between the rookie coach and Pro Bowl quarterback ultimately resulted in Cutler being traded with a draft pick to the Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton and draft picks.

The Bears visit Denver on Sunday night.

"No, it is just another great opportunity for us to fix things that we haven't done well," McDaniels said Tuesday, when asked if the game carried extra significance. "We are trying to go out there and fix some things that we made mistakes on [against] Seattle today...More

Link: http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1742012.aspx

PRBronco
08-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Man I would love to be a fly on Kenny Peterson's jersey for that game. But like, not in any danger of being squished. They've seen people (Chargers) get in Jay's head and rattle him so bad, I'm sure he knows just what to say...and I think Kenny's probably got the biggest mouth on the line.

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
This part was interesting:

Haggan would love to put a hit on Cutler:

"Man, I'll tell you what," Haggan said. "I'd be very nice to hit any quarterback in the league, but for the fans this weekend, it would definitely be nice to get Jay on the ground and give the fans something to cheer about, and something to look forward to as a defense."

Ambiguous
08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
haggan would love to put a hit on cutler:

"man, i'll tell you what," haggan said. "i'd be very nice to hit any quarterback in the league, but for the fans this weekend, it would definitely be nice to get jay on the ground and give the fans something to cheer about, and something to look forward to as a defense."

Ambiguous
08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Treed

BroncoBuff
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Josh is right, actually, it's not really that big of a deal.

It'll be MAJOR entertaining, but there's nothing more legitimately important about this game than any other Week 3 preseason game.

Rabb
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
I love Haggan now

I am sure there will be some major karma in action Sunday one way or another

orange 4 life
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
It might NOT have special meaning to McD, but trust me, it DOES have special meaning to the fans around here.

Hell, my wife and I were talking with a friend yesterday who is about to propose to his girlfriend of 4 years.
He had planned a whole day on Saturday during which he would propose before taking her to dinner, but she just found out she has to work (she's an attorney like him so not much she can do about it).

Anyway, I say "why not Sunday instead?" and immediately realize the error in that thinking, so I say (as he's giving me the "of course we can't do Sunday" look) "oh yeah, of course. The Bronco game."

My wife starts to protest as he says "Exactly. I have things to DO Sunday."

She literally looks back and forth at us, slowly realizes this ISN'T a joke, and just says "you guys are nuts."

Hey, that's being married to a Bronco fan!

That said, I doubt an ORDINARY preseason game would carry that kind of importance.

Mountain Bronco
08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Why would any of the Fans care about a preseason game against Jay Cutler? Seriously be objective for a minute. It doesn't effec the seasons outcome for Jay or the Broncos, so why is it such a big deal? All I care about is that we show improvement. We improved from SF to Seattle and should improve from Seattle to Chicago, that is what is important.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Why would any of the Fans care about a preseason game against Jay Cutler?

Oh, you know why. I'll just come out and say it - we're all hoping both his legs are snapped in half and he ends up laid out in a pool of blood while all of Invesco and America laughs their asses off for 30 minutes straight.

Br0nc0Buster
08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh, you know why. I'll just come out and say it - we're all hoping both his legs are snapped in half and he ends up laid out in a pool of blood while all of Invesco and America laughs their asses off for 30 minutes straight.

lol that seems a bit harsh

orange 4 life
08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Why would any of the Fans care about a preseason game against Jay Cutler? Seriously be objective for a minute. It doesn't effec the seasons outcome for Jay or the Broncos, so why is it such a big deal? All I care about is that we show improvement. We improved from SF to Seattle and should improve from Seattle to Chicago, that is what is important.

Are you serious?

That friend I just spoke of (a heck of a nice guy and usually soft spoken. Looks EXACTLY like Orton but that's irrelevant) wants to throw tampons at him.

Look, it's just a preseason game and all, but it's our opportunity to let Jay know how we feel.
It's our opportunity to show that we're BRONCO fans and his crybaby behavior wasn't appreciated.
It's our opportunity to boo him mercilessly (and before you say he doesn't care read his most recent statements. Sure SOUNDS like a guy who cares!) as fans and hopefully have our players knock him on his prissy little ASS!!